PDA

View Full Version : Lost Star Rating value

Unregistered
03-06-11, 10:49 AM
Yesterday I was a bit over halfway through Star Rating #3, and noticed this morning that it now looks like I've just begin to amass points in #3. Of, course, there is nothing that gives you any indication of how many points (or visits, or tips, or . . . ) it takes to move from one Stat Rating to the next. What's going on?

Unregistered
03-06-11, 03:52 PM
I noticed the same thing happened to me with both bakery story and restaurant story. I was mid to early 3 stars, then today I found that I am down to 2 stars. I've also noticed that it takes more tips to increase my star rating than before (eg the meter doesn't budge until I tip a lot more when before it increases steadily every time tip).

I don't like that I'm losing my star rating and that I have to tip more to increase it. Can't we keep the way things were before and just increase the total number of stars? It seems the max is 4.

Also, to purchase land I found that it changes depending on how much money you have which is sooo messed up. Is this a glitch??? I don't remember the exact numbers but after buying land, the next expansion cost increased, making it much more difficult to buy (ie u have to spend more money). I have a plan with my bakery saving when I need to and spending when I need to. Please do not make these changes if possible! Please make additions but not substitutions!

I love this game. This is the only game that I play daily. But it is frustrating that there are these unwanted changes.

A few other things that I think that would improve performance:
1) have an "accept all" option when you have multiple gifts to receive
2) have a "send to all neighbors" option when you want to send gifts to every neighbor you have

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Unregistered
03-06-11, 04:03 PM
People, there are SO MANY threads on the star rating and how it works. Do a search.

The star rating will decrease every day. That is how it works. To keep it at a level 4 rating you need to actively tip people every day. It is used as an indication for other people to see whether you are a good tipper or not. If it stayed at a level 4 then what would the point of a star rating be, as everyone would be rated 4 even if they weren't good tippers. That is how it has always been.

Also, to the second poster, yes, expansions do get more expensive as they get larger. That, too, has always been that way. Expansions should get more difficult to achieve each time, to give you a bigger goal to reach.