PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SpiritWind00
10-06-16, 03:30 AM
Monster Mash Ball
Timed/Optional event
Level 17+ to participate, and is live 10/07 until 10/18 @ 4:00pm
Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)
Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94642-Castle-Story-10-7-Update-Monster-Mash-Ball-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)-LESS-THAN-1-DAY-LEFT&p=1356630&viewfull=1#post1356630)

posted Oct 14 (my time!)

REMINDER...
please stop posting here about the spooky trap event. This includes all posts about mummies, ghosts and werewolves etc etc I've moved a bucket load of posts if you're looking for yours. I have removed some posts as off topic.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33987
*** Horseshoes only come from the Haunted Castle and horses. ***

Haunted Castle is a royal building with 100 royal points
Haunted Castle (limited timed event goal, level 17+) (4x4) limit 1 Cannot be sold +100RP
This item was only available during the event it was released.
Info: An eerie Haunted Castle built from Cursed Stone, Bewitched Glass, and Haunted Vines. Drops Haunted Horseshoes.
Cost: 500 coin
Collection time: 2 hours
Speed up: 4 gems
Drops: During event: Horseshoes. Post event: Bone, Creep Tooth, Mysterious Venom, manticore whiskers, mysterious venom, dark seeds (complete list confirmed)
Level 1/Build: 50 wood, 50 stone | 1 Horseshoe drops
Level 2: 25 haunted vines, 50 bewitched glass, 10 cursed stone, 1 simple glue | 2 Horseshoe drops
Level 3: 27 haunted vines, 75 bewitched glass, 15 cursed stone, 2 simple glue | 4 Horseshoe drops
Level 4: 30 haunted vines, 100 bewitched glass, 20 cursed stone, 3 simple glue | 6 Horseshoe drops
Level 5: 35 haunted vines, 125 bewitched glass, 25 cursed stones, 1 super glue | 9 Horseshoe drops
Level 6: 40 haunted vines, 150 bewitched glass, 30 cursed stones, 2 super glue | 12 Horseshoe drops
Level 7: 50 haunted vines, 175 bewitched glass, 40 cursed stones, 3 super glue | 16 Horseshoe drops
Level 8: 60 haunted vines, 200 bewitched glass, 50 cursed stones, 1 builder's paste | 20 Horseshoe drops
Level 9: 70 haunted vines, 250 bewitched glass, 60 cursed stones, 1 builder's paste | 25 Horseshoe drops
Level 10: 80 haunted vines, 300 bewitched glass, 70 cursed stones, 1 builder paste | 30 Horseshoe drops

Bewitched Glass | can hold unlimited amounts | 2 gems each on upgrade screen
Info: Spooky Bewitched Glass. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
Found: Taverns, Sparkling Mines, Libraries

Cursed Stone | can hold unlimited amounts | 5 gems each on upgrade screen
Info: A hauntingly beautiful Cursed Stone. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
Found: Iron rich rocks, rock outcroppings, small rock piles
Note: Direboars love to spawn while chopping!

Haunted Vines | can hold unlimited amounts | 3 gems each on upgrade screen
Info: Creepy Haunted Vines. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
Found: Dead trees, Werebeasts

How does this event work?
To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 25 Horseshoes. When you reach 100 horseshoes, the next individual prize opens up for you and will show you how many Horseshoes you will need for the next individual prize. Once you reach 250 Horseshoes, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).

Individual Prizes:
1. 25 | prize: Haunted Lantern x4 | size 1x1 each chop for event parts
2. 100 | prize: Haunted Gazebo x1 | size 2x2 decoration
3. 500 | prize: Ivy's Broom x1 | size 1x1 animated decoration
4. 1000 | prize: Haunted Stable | size 2x2 resource building
5. 2000 | prize: Witch Alicolt | size 1x1

Community Prizes: unlocks at 250 Horseshoes
1. Haunted Spire x 4 - size 1x1 ea
2. Haunted Watchtower x4 - size 1x1 ea
3. Haunted Carriage - size 2x2

5 Goals
Dialogue: Ivy: Boo! Haha, hi, Ruler! So hear me out. I just had the most spooktacular idea!
Ruler: Do tell, Ivy...
Ivy: Weeeell, so you know how we have a lot of monsters about in the kingdom?
Ruler: Yes...
Ivy: I was thinking we could throw a huge monster mash ball!
Ruler: And the monsters have what to do with this exactly?
Ivy: Well, they could come and party with USA! Maybe we could all learn to get along!
Ruler: I...am honestly at a loss for words.
Ivy: I know, right?! It's going to be bothered-tiful!
Ruler: And that's a good thing?
Ivy: Definitely! We should build a huge, haunted castle! We need space for the party!
Ruler: I guess I'll go along with this for now...
Ivy: Let's build the most grand Haunted Castle, and maybe someone special will show up!
Part 1 Monster Mash Ball
* Build the Haunted Castle 0/1 BUY
* Collect Haunted Horseshoes 0/1 GO (skip 5 gems) | Horses can drop horseshoes!
Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: So spooktacular! This is going to be absolutely awe-ful!

Dialogue: Old Thomas: Miss Ivy told me her plan and I am here to help in whatever way I can! I must ask though, is it a good idea to party with monsters, Young Ruler?
Ruler: Well, if anything goes awry, we could host a true monster bashing!
Old Thomas: This is true. Oh! And I found a few scrolls that might help in this venture! "Building Bewitching Buildings for Beastly Boarding," advises... That we properly curse the foundation!
Ruler: And what exactly does that entail?
Old Thomas: These six thousand lines describe in detail how to curse each stone!
Ruler: Oh, jeez...
Old Thomas: Or we could just collect cursed stones from around the kingdom!
Ruler: That sounds like a much better plan! Wait? cursed Stones?!
Old Thomas: Do not fret! Every kingdom has cursed stones lying around! They are quite common!
Part 2 Monster Mash Ball
* Mine rocks (search for cursed stone) 0/10 GO (skip 10 gems)
* Collect Cursed stone (harvest rocks) 0/8 GO (skip 32 gems) | ones found previous to goal will count
* Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 2 0/1 GO
Congratulations: The castle is building up quite frightfully!

Dialogue: Ivy: So I was thinking about the Monster Ball Bash...and it's possible that people won't want to party with monsters!
Ruler: Very astute, Ivy.
Ivy: But if we properly enchant the castle, no one will look scary!
Ruler: That sounds like a complex enchantment!
Old Thomas: According to "Making Merry with Monsters", the castle needs Bewitched Glass!
Ivy: Yes! When light filters through the glass, everyone will look to be in costume! so it will be like a giant masquerade party!
Ruler: We just need to make sure that no guests try to eat other guests...
Ivy: Huh. I didn't even think of that! I'll think of something!
Ivy: I'll look into the eating issue while you collect Bewitched Glass for the castle!
Part 3 Monster Mash Ball
* Visit the Library 0/5 GO (skip 75 gems)
* Collect bewitched glass 0/60 GO (skip 90 gems)
* Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 4 0/1 GO
Congratulations: Ivy: Wow! The spell worked perfectly! This is going to be the best party ever!

Dialogue: Ivy: So preparations are coming along smashingly! I was thinking that the outside of our castle could look a bit more gloomy for the party...
Ruler: I will trust your judgement on this one, Ivy.
Ivy: Great! So I was thinking we definitely need to create an outdoor space... And what better than a ghoulish graveyard!
Ruler: Not with actual corpses, correct?
Ivy: Oh, no! Just with fog and coffins and maybe some ghosts...And the castle itself could be more unnerving...
Ruler: Just tell me what you need, Ivy!
Ivy: Let's clear an area for the graveyard gala and grim up the castle exterior a bit!
Part 4 Monster Mash Ball
* Chop down dead trees 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems)
* Collect haunted vines 0/30 GO (skip 60 gems)
* Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 7 0/1 GO
* Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 Spooky Trap
Congratulations: Ivy: How otherworldly! I am positively petrified with delight!

Dialogue: Ivy: The Monster Bash Ball is only a week away! We need to make final preparations!
Ruler: Yeah, I am surprised by how many want to party with us!
Old Thomas: I will collect guest signatures so that we will have a record!
Ruler: Very good, Old Thomas! I'd like a briefing afterwards.
Old Thomas: Absolutely, Young Ruler!
Ivy: But more importantly, we need to have all the favors ready for our guests!
Ruler: Are they not ready yet?!
Ivy: I've gathered the goodies, but nothing is properly organized into baggies yet! I will make sure that all is clearly labeled and separated by guest species!
Ruler: Do we have time for that?
Ivy: Oh, not to worry! I will make it happen! Oh! We must have an apple baggie for our special guest, the Witch Alicolt!
Ivy: The monsters, citizens, and the special Witch Alicolt are making their spooky appearance soon!
Part 5 Monster Mash Ball
* Collect Haunted Horseshoes GO (skip number cut off, must be huge!)
* Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 10 0/1 GO
Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 Haunted Keep (like the Barracks)
Congratulations:

Side Goals
You get 24 hours to do these - you can let them expire - you do not need to do these!

Triggered by upgrading to Level 2
The Werebeasts were last spotted near the tavern. Go look for them there!
*THIS QUEST WILL EXPIRE ON 10/18 AT 4PM PST. TIME LIMIT STILL APPLIES.*
You have 24 hours to complete this goal once it starts.
1. Reluctant Guests
* Visit the tavern 0-2 GO (skip 16 gems)
* Give earth wisps 0/15 GO (skip 75 gems)
* Slay Werebeasts 0-10 GO (skip 40 gems)
Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate (1 haunted vines, 5 bewitched glass, 1 cursed stone)
Congratulations: Hooray! I hope that teaches them a lesson!

Dialogue:Ivy: So it slipped my mind that every type of guest will want different party snacks!
Ruler: That seems like a big oversight.
Ivy: Not to worry though! We just need to make a list and follow it.
Old Thomas: Miss Ivy came to me early about this issue and I made a head start... I have listed all the monsters in the land as well as their population... So we can get an idea of how many will show up!
Ruler: Well done, Old Thomas! Ivy, will you add what foods we need for our guests? Oh, and how much of each we will need?
Ivy: Right away, Ruler!
Triggered by upgrading to Level 7
Ivy: So i finished the list and it's quite long but I believe we complete it in time!
*THIS QUEST WILL EXPIRE ON 10/18 AT 4PM PST. TIME LIMIT STILL APPLIES.*
You have 24 hours to complete this goal once it starts.
2. Monster Munchies
* Donate bones 0/55 GIVE (skip 165 gems)
* Donate prime cuts 0/30 GIVE (skip 240 gems)
* Donate roast chickens 0/99 GIVE (skip 300 gems)
Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate with 3 Haunted Vines, 11 Bewitched Glass, 2 Cursed Stone
Congratulations: Ivy: This is sure to fill up even the most grumpy of guest!

Dialogue:Ivy: Ruler! I can't believe it! It's a travesty! A tragedy! the Worst! Possible! Thing!
Ruler: Slow down, Ivy! What happened?
Ivy: More mangy werebeasts got into our stockpiles and at a good portion of our party food!
Ruler: Do you think we can replace it in time?
Ivy: Only if you can dispose of those werebeasts! They won't leave!
Ruler; It seems against what we were going for with this party, but if we have no choice...
Ivy: I'm afraid if we don't stop them, they will eat everything in the kingdom!
Ruler: And we cannot let that happen! All right, I will deal with this! Ivy, you work on replenishing our party foods!
Triggered by upgrading to Level 9 You do not need to have done side goal number 2 to get this goal.
You have 3 days to complete this goal once it starts (but if you start later than 3 days before the end of the event, you will not have 3 days!).
2. Werebeast Worries
* Slay Werebeasts 0/30 GO (skip 120 gems)
* Collect Haunted Vines 0/45 GO (skip 90 gems)
* Visit the Haunted Castle 0/5 GO (skip 25 gems)
Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate with 22 Haunted Vines, 70 Bewitched Glass and 12 Cursed Stone
Congratulations: Ivy: Phew! We stopped them and just in time! They were about to eat the golden apples for the Witch Alicolt!

The Haunted keep inside is like the Barracks!

Haunted Lantern
Info: A lantern with a ghostly glow! Chop during the event for Haunted Horseshoes or materials to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
Found: market, 10 gems, individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
Uses: 1 chop for horseshoes
Note: will not be choppable post event.

Haunted Gazebo
Info: A frightfully fun place to relax.
Found: individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
Uses: decoration (cannot be sold)

Ivy's Broom
Info: A magical broom!
Uses: decoration (cannot be sold)

Witch Alicolt
Info: A hauntingly cute Alicolt is sure to have you under its spell! Tends to sneak away with items crafted in the Potion Shop
Drops: Allergy Potion, Architect's Paste, Blue Dye, Builder's Paste, Carrots, Enchanter's Essence, Energy, Horse Hair, Ivy's Hot Sauce, Jewels, Lumin Essence, Magic Cement, Purple Dye, Red Dye, Silver Ore, Simple Glue, Sugar, Super Glue, Water, Yellow Dye

Haunted Stable
Info: A Resource Building. collect from it to earn various Crafting Materials
Found: 3rd individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
Drops / Uses: milk, (need info)

Haunted Spire cannot be sold
Info: A terrifyingly spooky Spire.
Found: community prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
Drops / Uses: 1x1 decoration

Haunted Watchtower cannot be sold
Info: Strange sights and sounds have been encountered in this Haunted Watchtower.
Drops / Uses: 1x1 decoration

Haunted Carriage cannot be sold
Info: Travel through the darkest nights in this spellbound Haunted Carriage.
Drops / Uses: 2x2 decoration

Drops from new items:

Witch Alicolt

Water
Jewels
Silver Ore
Lumin Essence
Horse Hair
Sugar
Carrots
Energy
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Builder's Paste
Architect's Paste
Red Dye
Yellow Dye
Blue Dye
Purple Dye
Enchanter's Essence
Ivy's Hot Sauce
Magic Cement
Allergy Potion

sourp4tch
10-07-16, 11:01 AM
Bravery must come swift in this late hour! After the sun sets and the full moon shines bright, terrors beyond thy wildest dreams come to life… Let these monstrosities scare thee not! Let us instead… ask them for a dance?

[==Update requires Level 17+ to participate, and is live 10/07 until 10/18 @ 4:00pm==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: BALL

netwiz3
10-07-16, 11:52 AM
Nice! Even have the end of the event already listed! Thanks! :)

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:06 PM
Wow...this haunted castle is 4X4. Geez. Doesn't look like the foot print is even that big either. Lotsa stuff going into storage, I guess. For this & the other one.

Sorry, missed part 1. But need to tap horses

Part 2.
Mine Rocks - 10
Collect Cursed Stone - 8
Upgrade Haunted Castle to Level 2

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:15 PM
Part 1.
Build the Haunted Castle (0/1): 500 coins
Collect Haunted Horshoes (0/1)

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:15 PM
I really appreciate that this event is letting us know where to find things. Will be curious if the dialog translates and jewelers do give things, not just the ones mentioned on the info splash.

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:17 PM
Part 1.
Build the Haunted Castle (0/1): 500 coins
Collect Haunted Horshoes (0/1)
I'd mention the horseshoes are found by horses and the event castle, in case people want to get out horses now. I guess they'll see step one right away though...

RevdKathy
10-07-16, 12:18 PM
So this is a community event, we need to collect haunted horseshoes. It says you can get them from horses as well as the castle. I tried all mine and got nothing.

Oddly, one can buy the haunted lantern in the market, although it's the first community prize. Chop for more resources to build the castle.

I have been waiting for a Halloween event. All my current story goals are the Long Slog variety, so something a bit more active will be nice. And it doesn’t seem this will interfere with cooking, growing or going on quests, so I can still continue them. :)

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:21 PM
The Haunted Castle requires 50 stone and 50 wood to build and has a 2-hour timer.

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:23 PM
So this is a community event, we need to collect haunted horseshoes. It says you can get them from horses as well as the castle. I tried all mine and got nothing.

Oddly, one can buy the haunted lantern in the market, although it's the first community prize. Chop for more resources to build the castle.

I have been waiting for a Halloween event. All my current story goals are the Long Slog variety, so something a bit more active will be nice. And it doesn’t seem this will interfere with cooking, growing or going on quests, so I can still continue them. :)

Ugh! Yes...now that you mention it, I see the goal also on the right side of the screen. It's also in the goal book....lol

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:27 PM
Level 2 upgrade materials
50 bewitched glass
10 cursed stone
1 simple glue
25 haunted vines

Greatly appreciate the different adjectives!!

Bewitched glass from tavern, sparkling mine, library, pirate tavern (sparkling mines didn't work for me yet)
Cursed stone from rock outcropping, iron rich, small rock piles
Haunted vines from werebeasts so far (which spawned from library and tavern for me) and dead trees

Level 3 materials
75 Bewitched glass
15 Cursed stone
2 Simple glue
27 Haunted vine

paisdelasmaravillas
10-07-16, 12:29 PM
Pirate tavern count as a tavern!

Britilina
10-07-16, 12:31 PM
Is it is that the collect item (Haunted Horseshoes) is also used for upgrading the building? I feel like that isn't usually how it goes...

MeganT87
10-07-16, 12:33 PM
Horseshoes aren't registering on my counter and I force closed. I purchased the bundle pack.

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 12:38 PM
Bewitched Glass needed to upgrade the Haunted Castle comes from the normal Tavern and Pirate Tavern also.

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 12:39 PM
Could someone please post the dialogue for all the things we can collect and where we can collect them from in one place? It's too hard to remember everything and I need to clean up my kingdom to accommodate jewellers, cottages etc. do farmhouses count for collecting?

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 12:40 PM

Haunted Castle Materials

BEWITCHED GLASS:
Taverns
Pirate Taverns
Sparkling Mines
Libraries

CURSED STONE:
Iron Rich Rocks
Rock Outcroppings
Small Rock Piles

HAUNTED VINES:
Dead Trees
Werebeasts

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:41 PM
Bewitched Glass needed to upgrade the Haunted Castle comes from the normal Tavern and Pirate Tavern also.

I just collected from my mines & got some :D. Nevermind, I see it's in the pic above this post...lol

Guess I'll put that pirate tavern back out...lol.

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 12:42 PM
No horseshoes from Sir Daisy or the Alicolt when I tried them.

Horses worked, of course.

Britilina
10-07-16, 12:46 PM
I think it is a chance from horses. I collected from two and completed the collect a horseshoe goal on my second collect.

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:49 PM
Puzzlecatz - See posts # 11 and 17 for where to get materials. I can't see images when I'm not logged in,so I typed it out.

Britilina
10-07-16, 12:51 PM
Its that the Alicolt poking its head out of the event icon on the right?

BufftonHeights
10-07-16, 12:51 PM
Well that boost will come in handy to speed up production of the 15 earth wisps for the Reluctant Guests 24 hour goal.

Zirilka
10-07-16, 12:52 PM
Is it is that the collect item (Haunted Horseshoes) is also used for upgrading the building? I feel like that isn't usually how it goes...

It was the same way with the colosseum of the beasts event.

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:53 PM
Whelp... my Queendom looks like **** now with all the cottages, taverns, & horses everywhere. Why do you do this S8? :confused:

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 12:54 PM
First side goal: 24 hours
"reluctant guests"
2 taverns
15 earth wisps
10 werebeasts

Wish I waited to collect from taverns until after second event goal completed! It's the price you pay for rushing to be first I guess!

rou111
10-07-16, 12:56 PM
Whelp... my Queendom looks like **** now with all the cottages, taverns, & horses everywhere. Why do you do this S8? :confused:

We need cottages too? They are not in the list of buildings.

meme1098
10-07-16, 12:59 PM
We need cottages too? They are not in the list of buildings.

For the werewolf in the other thread.. also, lantern spires for ghosts (those are really cute :))

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 01:00 PM

Haunted Castle Materials

BEWITCHED GLASS:
Taverns
Pirate Taverns
Sparkling Mines
Libraries

CURSED STONE:
Iron Rich Rocks
Rock Outcroppings
Small Rock Piles

HAUNTED VINES:
Dead Trees
Werebeasts

Thank you sooo much!

Zirilka
10-07-16, 01:03 PM
"reluctant guests"
2 taverns
15 earth wisps
10 werebeasts

Wish I waited to collect from taverns until after second event goal completed! It's the price you pay for rushing to be first I guess!

What triggers the side goal?

rou111
10-07-16, 01:04 PM
For the werewolf in the other thread.. also, lantern spires for ghosts (those are really cute :))

Thanks for the heads up!

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 01:06 PM
"reluctant guests"
2 taverns
15 earth wisps
10 werebeasts

Is this make 15 earth wisps or give 15 earth wisps (i.e., will the ones already in inventory count)?

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:10 PM
These are very energy intensive goals. Don't think everyone will be able to juggle both timed goals. Why 2 timed goals...smh

huntiw396
10-07-16, 01:27 PM
I have purchased the bundle pack twice and the haunted horseshoes are not appearing in my inventory. Where can I go to get this problem fixed?

MeganT87
10-07-16, 01:29 PM
I have purchased the bundle pack twice and the haunted horseshoes are not appearing in my inventory. Where can I go to get this problem fixed?

I purchased one and the same thing happened to me! I force closed and they still aren't showing!

huntiw396
10-07-16, 01:31 PM
It is only the horseshoes everything else is there.

MeganT87
10-07-16, 01:35 PM

Yep

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:35 PM
These are very energy intensive goals. Don't think everyone will be able to juggle both timed goals. Why 2 timed goals...smh

It seems to me a lot of the things I'm clicking on for this community event are spawning the monsters too so I think as long as keep to the common list, we'll end up being okay... For the community we end up always needing to get the building high enough that it is on "auto-pilot" to finish the event. Looks like a cool top individual prize.:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-16, 01:36 PM
Just popping on w/my Pom-Poms to say "siss, boooooo, bah!"
And wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, a DOUBLE H'ween event!!
It's not the Day of the Dead event I was hoping for but still.... THANK-YOU, S8, for giving us another PURPLE building! I <3 the new Haunted Castle already (even @ Lv 1, before it grows to fill in its huge 4x4 plot, lol)

I am literally dancing & doing some Franken-moves to the Monster Mash song right now as I type, LOL!!! Bring on the individual & community goodies (& the mummies, ghosts, werewolves, werebeasts from the other event...why are there 2 were-monsters but no zombies?! Lol)

...*giggling & running off to find my witch's hat & zombie heels* .... F--U--N!!!!

*siss, boo, bah!* :cool:

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 01:37 PM
Is this make 15 earth wisps or give 15 earth wisps (i.e., will the ones already in inventory count)?

Give. I had 70+ and clicked Give before I realized it was a side goal I'd have trouble completing in 24 hours!

What triggers the side goal?

It was triggered by either Leveling up to L2 or completing the associated goal requiring "level up to L2" - since both occurred at the same time for me, I'm not sure which did the trigger. Usually it's completing a goal not an action, so I would think it is that -- appearing simultaneously with the third goal.

RevdKathy
10-07-16, 01:37 PM
Usually the items for a community goal like this don't go into the inventory. They should appear in the goal collection, top right of the screen. Check for them there. After two packs you may even have the second prize.

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 01:39 PM
I purchased one and the same thing happened to me! I force closed and they still aren't showing!

This is on the top right counter. Not an inventory item.

meme1098
10-07-16, 01:41 PM
It's not the Day of the Dead event I was hoping for but still.... THANK-YOU, S8, for giving us another PURPLE building! I <3 the new Haunted Castle already (even @ Lv 1, before it grows to fill in its huge 4x4 plot, lol)

I am literally dancing & doing some Franken-moves to the Monster Mash song right now as I type, LOL!!! Bring on the individual & community goodies (& the mummies, ghosts, werewolves, werebeasts from the other event...why are there 2 were-monsters but no zombies?! Lol)

...*giggling & running off to find my witch's hat & zombie heels* .... F--U--N!!!!

I'm ready to upgrade to 2 but those darn buildings take too long :rolleyes:

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:42 PM

Looks like some type of zombie horse/unicorn is top individual prize. :)

Stymie52
10-07-16, 01:45 PM
This is on the top right counter. Not an inventory item.

I purchased the bundle too, and my haunted horseshoes do not show up either. I had 2 in the top right counter, and still have 2.

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 01:45 PM

oh! isn't that lil' pink ghost bouncing up 'n down cute? now who wants to **** him!

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 01:48 PM
And with that, I have used up my 40 + 20 from wizarding schools + 40 from fairy elixirs. I will leave other updates to the gem folks since I won't have more info for at least 16 hours. I'm not waking up at midnight to collect from taverns and libraries again!

(Reminder to use greenhouse for 20 energy if you have floral grow and vital extract already stocked up. Spending energy to make it now costs more than you get. Make vital grow if you max on mushrooms [from dead tree chopping] if you have an energy to spare to collect it.)

NorthWoodsKingdom
10-07-16, 01:49 PM
He (she?) doesn't look zombie to me...looks like alicolt's twin, wearing a hat. lol

federerGOAT
10-07-16, 01:50 PM
Got a Wily Werebeast from slaying a werebeast.
Has a 5 hour timer.

SparklyOctopus
10-07-16, 01:50 PM

Hey there! The horseshoes shouldn't be going into storage. They should update your World Event counter correctly once you receive the other items from the bundle or update once you've force closed the game. Please let us know if that isn't the case! :)

SparklyOctopus
10-07-16, 01:52 PM
I purchased the bundle too, and my haunted horseshoes do not show up either. I had 2 in the top right counter, and still have 2.

Can you force close and see if that will update your total?

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 01:52 PM
Give. I had 70+ and clicked Give before I realized it was a side goal I'd have trouble completing in 24 hours!

Good to know. Thanks, Peach!

MeganT87
10-07-16, 01:54 PM
I know. Like I said I've force closed and it's only showing 2 haunted horseshoes and it should be 52.

riverly
10-07-16, 01:55 PM
TOO MUCH!!!!
I'll try to sort all this out later. When I have time.

MeganT87
10-07-16, 01:55 PM

Sparkly, I force closed actually four times now and it is not showing up for me either. I purchased 1 bundle pack. Everything else showed up, but my horseshoes.

netwiz3
10-07-16, 01:56 PM
oh! isn't that lil' pink ghost bouncing up 'n down cute? now who wants to **** him!

Just make sure to **** them softly. ;)

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 02:00 PM
Puzzlecatz - See posts # 11 and 17 for where to get materials. I can't see images when I'm not logged in,so I typed it out.

Thanks Peachtreeshoppe!

MeganT87
10-07-16, 02:00 PM

Also, when I first purchased the bundle my horseshoes did go into my inventory instead of the top right counter (which I've done events before so I know where they're supposed to go lol). Then when I force closed and looked again they were gone out of inventory and not reflected in my counter still.

fish63
10-07-16, 02:01 PM
Bought three monster traps and got no monsters? Going back to check on horseshoes, but think it only shows one and my option disappeared after one purchase! How did people get two?

netwiz3
10-07-16, 02:05 PM
Bought three monster traps and got no monsters? Going back to check on horseshoes, but think it only shows one and my option disappeared after one purchase! How did people get two?

You don't have another monster(troll/skunk/fangbeast) parked somewhere do you?

meme1098
10-07-16, 02:05 PM

Oh, dear! Do you have a monster parked somewhere?

The horseshoes come from tapping horses. I had 4 ready to go so I'm now stuck at 4 till my other horses are ready. There's 1 big herd in my kingdom right now. Some goal, way back when, we had to buy a bunch so I have 75+. I gotta go check Shibuyacloth to see if he's put out his herd...lol

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 02:06 PM

Did you check to make sure you don't have another monster parked. The traps won't spawn if you have another one in your kingdom

BufftonHeights
10-07-16, 02:06 PM
Sparkly - I also bought the pack and the 50 horseshoes are not counting. Thanks to others for alerting me to it. I was so busy chopping down dead trees ...

meme1098
10-07-16, 02:12 PM
The horseshoes come from tapping horses. I had 4 ready to go so I'm now stuck at 4 till my other horses are ready. There's 1 big herd in my kingdom right now. Some goal, way back when, we had to buy a bunch so I have 75+. I gotta go check Shibuyacloth to see if he's put out his herd...lol

Checking the event icon on the right though states the horseshoes come from the Haunted Castle, no mention of horses.

Well, we'll see this evening after 10pm when my horses are ready if more drop from there.

Stymie52
10-07-16, 02:12 PM
Hey there! The horseshoes shouldn't be going into storage. They should update your World Event counter correctly once you receive the other items from the bundle or update once you've force closed the game. Please let us know if that isn't the case! :)

I have force closed the game and my 50 haunted horseshoes do not show up in the World Event counter.

Britilina
10-07-16, 02:15 PM
It was the same way with the colosseum of the beasts event.

Was it? I didn't finish that one, but I thought the Colosseum dropped both chisels and hammers, and I know they didn't have two event items for the community event. It isn't like it removes them from the counter when you upgrade... Right?

Ah... I bet that is what I mistook for the Alicolt!

netwiz3
10-07-16, 02:21 PM
Sparkly - I also bought the pack and the 50 horseshoes are not counting. Thanks to others for alerting me to it. I was so busy chopping down dead trees ...

Well keep chopping dead trees to gather vine and spawn monsters while you replenish the wood used so far on the building.

netwiz3
10-07-16, 02:23 PM
Checking the event icon on the right though states the horseshoes come from the Haunted Castle, no mention of horses.

Well, we'll see this evening after 10pm when my horses are ready if more drop from there.

Definitely come from horses still as mentioned in the earlier goal and seems to be a pretty good chance of dropping as well and so far I've gotten 2 horseshoes from a single horse as well.(unlike dew/flowers)

Time to bring out my whole herd as well now that we've narrowed down the buildings that need to be out. :)

kattkrazie
10-07-16, 02:25 PM
I, too, did not get any horseshoes with the value pack. It reads only 3 and should be 53.

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 02:28 PM
No horseshoes from Sir Daisy or the Alicolt when I tried them.

Horses worked, of course.

No horseshoes from Horse Shed or Horse Track (tried once each).

bwunderbach
10-07-16, 02:31 PM
So far, horseshoes from:

Haunted Castle (yes)
horses (yes)

Alicolt (no)
Sir Daisy (no)
Horse Track (no)
Horse Shed (no)

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 02:38 PM
With all these different monsters around.. a Dire Boar popped out of one of the mines too. They are still around.

SparklyOctopus
10-07-16, 02:39 PM
Sparkly, I force closed actually four times now and it is not showing up for me either. I purchased 1 bundle pack. Everything else showed up, but my horseshoes.

Sorry to hear that! Please write into support@storm8.com and PM me the ticket number. I'll have someone take a look.

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 02:42 PM
Just make sure to **** them softly. ;)

sadly I had to.. otherwise the others would not sprone, but did keep him for awhile ;)

nateryd
10-07-16, 02:56 PM
Horseshoes aren't registering on my counter and I force closed. I purchased the bundle pack.
Same here !! Bought the bundle pack also, no horse shoes showing

Sirelie
10-07-16, 03:02 PM
I do not know, how I can gain horseshoes :-/ Horses not work...

meme1098
10-07-16, 03:06 PM
I do not know, how I can gain horseshoes :-/ Horses not work...

Are you tapping the plain, brown horses?

msmorg
10-07-16, 03:10 PM
I was suppose to collect 10 gems after purchasing the spooky trap and ****ing the ghost but I didn't get them!

PikaSquirrel
10-07-16, 03:14 PM
We're looking into the issue of Haunted Horseshoes from your pack not being added to your counter.

MeganT87
10-07-16, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear that! Please write into support@storm8.com and PM me the ticket number. I'll have someone take a look.

I just sent an email. Thank you. Will wait to hear.

Sirelie
Are you tapping the plain, brown horses?

Yes, I am tapping all horses :-/

MeganT87
We're looking into the issue of Haunted Horseshoes from your pack not being added to your counter.

Great, thank you!

huntiw396
10-07-16, 03:23 PM

I have restarted my ipad several times now and the World Event Counter still reads 0. Is there anything else I can try.

charlottethorn
10-07-16, 03:23 PM
I also purchased the bundle pack and didn't receive the horseshoes. I forced closed the game three times and even restarted my phone, still nothing. I sent an email to Storm8 Support, apparently they have a high number of tickets now...

kdgulle
10-07-16, 03:24 PM
i can only serm to get the werebeasts to spawn but no pink ghosts or mummies hmm

Yes same here, getting dire boars on cottages.

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 03:25 PM
lantern spires are only spawning dire boars for me aswell

Sirelie
10-07-16, 03:29 PM
I know, horseshoes are not in storage. But I have not horseshoes in counter - I have only two, from haunted castle :-/
Horses does not work - nothing on my place are working for horseshoes, only haunted castle :-/
Weird goal...

funone2014
10-07-16, 03:30 PM
I purchased the bundle and my horse shoes didn't register either.

nateryd
10-07-16, 03:33 PM

Thanks!! You rock!! I have a ticket number too if that helps!

meme1098
10-07-16, 03:40 PM
I know, horseshoes are not in storage. But I have not horseshoes in counter - I have only two, from haunted castle :-/
Horses does not work - nothing on my place are working for horseshoes, only haunted castle :-/
Weird goal...

Oh, darn! Then just a drop from part1?

I did get 4 though from the ones I had ready. This is crazy if the HC is the only place to get them!

ktorewqas
10-07-16, 03:42 PM
Oh, darn! Then just a drop from part1?

I did get 4 though from the ones I had ready. This is crazy if the HC is the only place to get them!I clicked the question mark on where you can see community prizes. It says horseshoes are only from the hc

kdgulle
10-07-16, 03:44 PM
I clicked the question mark on where you can see community prizes. It says horseshoes are only from the hc

And the new haunted house. I got 1 from the first collection

robotparade
10-07-16, 03:54 PM
I love the events where we collect individual and community items. But the whole "here, buy a new building that is HUGE and you don't have room for," thing has gotten old. So has the "now put away everything you have carefully placed out so you can get out scores and scores of cottages and horses" thing.

And why do the counters NEVER work these days???

riverly
10-07-16, 03:55 PM
I thought it had been confirmed that horses dropped horseshoes I brought out several horses, I guess I'll find out.

I agree. We need more space!!!

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 03:58 PM
i jinxed myself.. now nothing will spawn for me.

i got 1 horseshoe from 1 regular horse btw

dipwid
10-07-16, 04:00 PM
I thought it had been confirmed that horses dropped horseshoes I brought out several horses, I guess I'll find out.

Yep I can confirm that the coin purchased brown horses drop horseshoes but not every time, but you also can get multiples. I've got all 99 of my horses out. I think they have an 8 hour recharge. (We need the time to rebuild our energy anyway). I suspect that you'll get most from upgrading the new building-most previous events have been that way.

midninghtcm
10-07-16, 04:01 PM
I'm low on space as well, but not due to being unable to expand, because I struggle to get enough trade tickets to expand fast enough for these types of events. Its hectic and I've followed the advice people give but you just have SO much energy. Still, I'm loving this event. Its cool. Especially the monsters you can gain from the collection. Animals give quite a lot for me. ^_^

ktorewqas
10-07-16, 04:07 PM
And the new haunted house. I got 1 from the first collection
thanks! I mean Hh or hc :) the new building for the event

fish63
10-07-16, 04:11 PM
Have force closed twice and have only 5 horse shoes. Also collected from 5 Jewelers and didn't trigger anything?

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 04:20 PM
haunted castle lvl 1 drops 1 horse shoe

ktorewqas
10-07-16, 04:50 PM
None so far & believe me, I've been trying. At least 12 spires so far & nothing. Finally got a mummy after 10 jeweler taps. It's gonna be just like the Monster Hunt seasons. Very rare spawn rates:mad: & they all go awol.
The boars are coming in hoards :mad:

meme1098
10-07-16, 04:54 PM
The boars are coming in hoards :mad:

Well, my cottages are all ready to tap so I'm gonna go give them a shot & be back shortly to update everyone.

12th try finally spawned a werewolf...:mad:
It dropped 2 pelts ... so just 49 more of them before I get my 100 pelts...& so with those odds just need to tap 588 or so more cottages ... smh

Oops...guess I should have posted in the other thread....lol

meme1098
10-07-16, 05:18 PM
Weird goal...

i jinxed myself.. now nothing will spawn for me.

i got 1 horseshoe from 1 regular horse btw

Just tapped a horse & it did drop a horseshoe. The others should be ready in several hours too so will report back on drop ratio.

BufftonHeights
10-07-16, 05:25 PM
Looks like they fixed the issue with the horseshoes from the bundle pack. Mine have now showed up. :D. Thanks to Sparkly and Pika for their help.

Seriously700
10-07-16, 05:32 PM
The boars are out in force. I've gotten 1 from taverns, watch towers and deep mines plus 2 from cottages and rock piles.

SpiritWind00
10-07-16, 05:32 PM
Just tapped a horse & it did drop a horseshoe. The others should be ready in several hours too so will report back on drop ratio.
It's not very high... but at least it may give a couple more! (not that there isn't enough to tap on and collect for all of the other millions of goals in my book!)

MeganT87
10-07-16, 05:33 PM
Looks like they fixed the issue with the horseshoes from the bundle pack. Mine have now showed up. :D. Thanks to Sparkly and Pika for their help.

Mine are there too!

Stymie52
10-07-16, 05:44 PM
Mine are there too!

Mine are as well. Many thanks!

federerGOAT
10-07-16, 05:44 PM
Drop rates for cursed stone from small rock piles has been the best so far.

nateryd
10-07-16, 05:52 PM
YAY!! Thanks for fixing the horse shoe issue in our community thingy!! So quick too! Right on the ball 😊

PikaSquirrel
10-07-16, 06:17 PM
Anyone who purchased the pack should have their 50 Haunted Horseshoe added to your total. Sorry for the inconvenience!

federerGOAT
10-07-16, 06:21 PM

Lol. Jinxed myself.
Didn't get any for the next 3 rock piles.:p

meme1098
10-07-16, 06:26 PM
Anyone who purchased the pack should have their 50 Haunted Horseshoe added to your total. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Pika...why are we getting dire boars when tapping cottages? I just had one now, too.

Can't they be turned off for this event???

ktorewqas
10-07-16, 06:37 PM
Pika...why are we getting dire boars when tapping cottages? I just had one now, too.

Can't they be turned off for this event???
I think the rate is turned high :mad:

nateryd
10-07-16, 06:39 PM
Just got a regular direboar from collecting on cottages too! This is the third time on cottages for me. Bit of a waste of energy.

undead30k
10-07-16, 06:40 PM
I have tapped on lantern spires, watchtowers, and cottages and all have spawned dire boars as well.

I will focus on dead trees as they give multiple items when ****ing the werebeasts. Then move to rocks and buildings.

Horses definitely drop horseshoes

preinsko
10-07-16, 06:43 PM
I must be really stupid because all I see is things for sale! Where do the horse shoes come from. I checked horse, harvested a few plants and nothing. Seems like you have to have money to play!

SpiritWind00
10-07-16, 06:52 PM
I must be really stupid because all I see is things for sale! Where do the horse shoes come from. I checked horse, harvested a few plants and nothing. Seems like you have to have money to play!
moved to the correct thread. Horseshoes only come from the haunted castle and horses.

Stymie52
10-07-16, 07:24 PM
To upgrade the Haunted Castle from level 3 to level 4 requires: 30 haunted vines, 100 bewitched glass, 3 simple glue, and 20 cursed stone.

There are so many goals (big goals, little goals, community goals, side goals) that I am truly on system overload!

riverly
10-07-16, 07:46 PM
Day 1 of monster mash=5 horseshoes. Should I bother with this??????

janddolphins
10-07-16, 08:03 PM
I feel at current rate I will not make final individual prize. I hope they either increase horse drop rate or include some task to get horseshoes. I know it's just day one but this is beyond a little short. Please S8 fix this so we have a chance to get enough without gems. This worrying about horseshoes is ruining what could have been a good event. Now I'm just stressing, I need to leave that for the other event lol. You are ****ing us this Halloween S8!!!!

Solientus
10-07-16, 08:22 PM
I feel at current rate I will not make final individual prize. I hope they either increase horse drop rate or include some task to get horseshoes...!!!
As you upgrade the castle it will exponentially drop more Horseshoes. In these Community Events it is usually very advantageous to upgrade as quickly as possible.
The sooner you can get a, let's say, level 5 Castle, every collect you'll be getting something like 30-75. For now that's just a guesstimate but the drops usually ramp up pretty hard. So the quicker you're collecting from a higher level building, the more time you have to cash in on the higher drops and make your goal.

meme1098
10-07-16, 08:32 PM
As you upgrade the castle it will exponentially drop more Horseshoes. In these Community Events it is usually very advantageous to upgrade as quickly as possible.
The sooner you can get a, let's say, level 5 Castle, every collect you'll be getting something like 30-75. For now that's just a guesstimate but the drops usually ramp up pretty hard. So the quicker you're collecting from a higher level building, the more time you have to cash in on the higher drops and make your goal.

Better ramp up quick...my level 2 HC is dropping just 2 horseshoes at a time...smh

Solientus
10-07-16, 08:44 PM
Better ramp up quick...my level 2 HC is dropping just 2 horseshoes at a time...smh
I just took a peek at the old Colosseum thread and that one was:
Lv.1 - 2 crests
Lv.2 - 4 crests
Lv.3 - 7 crests, etc
...and community goal opened at 700

Since this event (for community prize eligibility) opens at only 250 Horseshoes I'll have to do some more guessing...they must not ramp as high, but the totals needed hopefully won't be in the tens of thousands lol.

I was trying to keep spirits up a bit with my estimations, but I'm sure we'll know more in a few days. :)

kdgulle
10-07-16, 08:58 PM
Also this community event is 12 days instead of the normal 26. That's why I think the numbers are lower. If the first prize is at 25. I would think the alicorn would be 500 or 600 horseshoes.
It makes sense they would only increase it by 1. From an economical standpoint that is.

CeceYumYummy
10-07-16, 09:07 PM
I got a mummy with a jewler but dire boars with cottages and towers. :(

I did get a werewolf ( she is way too cute to be called a werewolf though) from cottages 😀👻

nateryd
10-07-16, 09:45 PM
A level 4 HC drops 6 horseshoes

To level it to up to a 5 you need
- 125 Bewitched Glass
- 25 Cursed Stones
- 35 Haunted Vines
- 1 Super Glue

janddolphins
10-07-16, 09:49 PM
Also this community event is 12 days instead of the normal 26. That's why I think the numbers are lower. If the first prize is at 25. I would think the alicorn would be 500 or 600 horseshoes.
It makes sense they would only increase it by 1. From an economical standpoint that is.

I hope it works out with the lower numbers that the final prize was won't be as much, it's my only hope. Put out lots of buildings so should be able to level up before bed or first thing in the morning and I think this is an event where you just have to tap the haunted house as many times a day as possible with a 2 hour reset. Time for an alarm for the next 11 days lol

nateryd
10-07-16, 09:53 PM
Chapter or step 4 of main monter mash ball event

- chop down dead trees 0/3
- collect haunted vines 0/12
- upgrade castle to a level 7

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 09:53 PM
Strategy discussion:

Aren't horses pointless at the moment? Since you only get one horseshoe per energy - and sometimes 0 - I am skipping them altogether for now. I don't have alicorns other than pink and wedding. Using up all of my 40 energy + wizarding schools for chopping rocks, going to libraries, taverns, mines, and dead trees sets me up for increasing the mansion all the way much more quickly. Hopefully it will continue to double or nearly double as in previous events. Even if it happened to only increase by one each level, we will still need to upgrade it all the way to win the quest, so that energy isn't wasted gathering materials we definitely need. Might as well get there sooner and then go to horses once you are collecting the max number of horseshoes from the Haunted Castle for as many days as possible.

TL;DR: Skip the horses until your castle is fully upgraded.

riverly
10-07-16, 10:01 PM
In regards to skipping the horses strategy, I was just going to post that too. Tapping on horses uses up too much valuable energy.

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 10:02 PM
FYI: from collecting from my taverns and libraries twice now (yup, did collect at midnight. Newborn keeping mama up tonight) I have spawned about 10 werebeasts. I didn't even realize they dropped "wily werebeasts" - two now, in fact! I only realized I had them in inventory because the other quest goal to summon one disappeared. The other goal thread mentioned they drop the vines. 5 hr timer so cannot confirm yet. Pretty cool to have this permanent object also giving an upgrade-necessary item.

riverly
10-07-16, 10:13 PM
I am going to put out my taverns!!!

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 10:18 PM
Another tip: I am not noticing a difference in number of glass drops based on level of tavern or library, but pirate is different. L1 and L5 have been 5 pieces each time. Sparkling mine gave me 3 and 7 glass. I believe that amount varies randomly. I have not gotten any glass from DEEP mines after four collections. Pirate tavern gave me 11. Not sure if that is random or consistent, but pretty nice considering shorter timer!

Funny glitch: the items needed for collections- rock piles, dead trees etc - are coming up with the "New!" label in the market.

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 10:29 PM

Me too. 2/5 a few times, 3/5 a few times, and one unlucky 0/5 for small rock pile.
Rock outcropping only 2/20 a few times now :/
Seems to average 40-50% chance over a 10% chance.

Maxed on almost all stone stuff now, but got a gold nugget from small rock pile.

MoonVillage3
10-07-16, 11:06 PM
Me too. 2/5 a few times, 3/5 a few times, and one unlucky 0/5 for small rock pile.
Rock outcropping only 2/20 a few times now :/
Seems to average 40-50% chance over a 10% chance.

Maxed on almost all stone stuff now, but got a gold nugget from small rock pile.

Will try small rock piles again.. chopped about 6 but always 0. Outcroppings giving me 5 most times and also gold. Dark Cave only 3! Rich Iron 2,1.

GlvtenFree
10-07-16, 11:07 PM
second event prize is 100 horseshoes
horses have dropped 0,1,2 horse shoes for me
monsters do have multiple drops of the items needed to craft them in cauldron too
libraries drop up to 11 glass that ive seen

Stymie52
10-07-16, 11:08 PM
FYI: from collecting from my taverns and libraries twice now (yup, did collect at midnight. Newborn keeping mama up tonight) I have spawned about 10 werebeasts. I didn't even realize they dropped "wily werebeasts" - two now, in fact! I only realized I had them in inventory because the other quest goal to summon one disappeared. The other goal thread mentioned they drop the vines. 5 hr timer so cannot confirm yet. Pretty cool to have this permanent object also giving an upgrade-necessary item.

I had put out 4 extra taverns, and the additional 4 spawned 3 werebeasts. Newborn keeping Nana up tonight. Congratulations!

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 11:22 PM
Dialogue for Part 3 Monster mash Ball

thanks! Better not to quote post 1 as I'm constantly changing it. :) SW

janddolphins
10-07-16, 11:39 PM
In regards to skipping the horses strategy, I was just going to post that too. Tapping on horses uses up too much valuable energy.

I third this

puzzlecatz
10-07-16, 11:42 PM
Thanks Spirit Wind

peachtreeshoppe
10-07-16, 11:44 PM
I had put out 4 extra taverns, and the additional 4 spawned 3 werebeasts. Newborn keeping Nana up tonight. Congratulations!

Thank you! Same to you and your family! Now #2 is asleep and my toddler can't stop coughing. Sick babies are so sad. I'll keep chopping rocks every half hour...

janddolphins
10-07-16, 11:49 PM
I'm still confused how it's laid out. When you click to craft any of the monsters it shows 100 and then the craft option will show, but it shows each animal for every animal. Do we need to do each animal every time or just 100 once for each animal and it's done? It's confusion that they have it separate to craft each monster on the goals and then all are listed for that goal.

aurora171
10-07-16, 11:56 PM
I'm still confused how it's laid out. When you click to craft any of the monsters it shows 100 and then the craft option will show, but it shows each animal for every animal. Do we need to do each animal every time or just 100 once for each animal and it's done? It's confusion that they have it separate to craft each monster on the goals and then all are listed for that goal.

You need 100 of each resource material dropped by the monsters to craft the monster .. If that makes sense?

AinoDK
10-08-16, 01:45 AM
I had been trying to balance dead trees and rocks for levelling up, but taverns spawned only one werebeast. I stupidly gave all 15 earth wisps before realizing that 10 beasts in 24 hours will be very hard, especially as I'm going to my mother in laws birthsday, and I don't think she will really understand the importance of logging into CS to slay beasts....

Frantically chopping dead trees now, so my stash of vines is growing

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 04:01 AM
Reluctant Guest side goal #1 prize not worth spending any gems - or even 15 energy making wisps if you don't have a bunch in storage.

5 bewitched glass, 1 cursed stone, 1 haunted vine.

I happened to complete it by having werebeasts pop up from my tavern, pirate tavern and library collections.

PrincessCelestian
10-08-16, 04:05 AM
Omg I got a werewolf. That is by far the cutest thing that I have ever seen. It hurt my heart to **** it!!!!

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 04:05 AM
Looks like L3 requirements for upgrade haven't been posted.

27 bewitched glass
2 simple glue
15 cursed stone
27 haunted vine.

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 04:12 AM
I had been trying to balance dead trees and rocks for levelling up, but taverns spawned only one werebeast. I stupidly gave all 15 earth wisps before realizing that 10 beasts in 24 hours will be very hard, especially as I'm going to my mother in laws birthsday, and I don't think she will really understand the importance of logging into CS to slay beasts....

I was balancing too until I realized if you have 5+ taverns and 3 or 4 libraries, you can get a fair amount of werebeasts a day who give haunted vines. plus, they can drop a wily werebeasts which is a deco with drops of 2 haunted vines every 5 hours. That's a much better return of item for clicks and may end up needing less trees than you think.

I sold a couple cottages and a farmhouse to build three more taverns... a good investment if you have the materials handy.

Zirilka
10-08-16, 04:17 AM
I took out all my taverns and libraries, it's not much but every little helps.
None of the buildings spawned ghost or mummy and I'm really curious what are they like. The werebeasts are spawning nicely so I hope I will make the timed goal but of course I triggered it after clicking on all the buildings in spite of the warnings. That's what I get for checking on my queendom before my first coffee.

tywin111
10-08-16, 06:15 AM
Its a stone crunching time again :(

zoroak
10-08-16, 06:27 AM
My kingdom's a mess! Legions of horses getting drunk at taverns!

Zirilka
10-08-16, 06:41 AM
Direboars seem to be very offended indeed for not being invited to the ball. They throw tantrums every time I try chopping rocks.

janddolphins
10-08-16, 06:51 AM
You need 100 of each resource material dropped by the monsters to craft the monster .. If that makes sense?

Thanks that is what I thought, but was not sure why every monster showed up to craft the one

I too have yet to manage to spawn that elusive mummy. Have spawned everything else at least twice thanks to lots of saved energy but he just won't come out!

janddolphins
10-08-16, 07:21 AM
Also either I got lucky or they improved the horse drop rates. I gave it a try this morning and I got 4 horseshoes from 8 horses so now it's a 50/50 which isn't bad at all. I'll put more out again and see what happens.

BufftonHeights
10-08-16, 07:22 AM

Lol. Feel your pain. My husband wants to go out because it's my birthday ... One piece of good news. Despite the card saying 99, you can have more vines. I think I was up in the 120s at one point after chopping ... so ... many ... Dead trees.

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 07:31 AM
Completed the leveling up to 4 for the castle and all of goal 3 for the quest. A second side goal did NOT appear.

It could be that tavern/earth wisp/werebeasts is the only side goal (with very little reward).

swstar
10-08-16, 07:35 AM
It's too bad last years haunted hall doesn't give us something we need. Would be cool if previous years holiday stuff could be included as an incentive and thanks for those who participated.

LyonLorio
10-08-16, 07:36 AM
I wish it would have said something about the horses. I only had like 3 horse shoes. My jeweler does not work I have collected from 4 of them 3 times and nothing. The wolf shows up better. But a lot of energy wasted on buildings that are giving me dire boars on top of it. Oh well first day. I'm so glad I came here I would not have known about the horses. Thanks everyone. !!! I have 12 shoes now. Lol.

Inachis2V
10-08-16, 07:42 AM
It looks like the "Bewitched Glass" are not counted anymore.

I had already 59. Last time I went to the library, I received 5. And after that, I still had 59. I though I made a mistake.
After some hours, I could again to go to the library. Before I went, I checked the amount of Bewitched Glass in my Haunted Castle, it was 59. Then I went to the library, checked the amount of Bewitched Glass received, it was 5.
I went back to the Haunted Castle, it was still 59.

I will never be able to upgrade my Haunted Castle !!!

EDIT : I just went to my DeepMine, I got 3, and they counted. I'm happy , the forum is really magic ;-)

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 07:53 AM
Why are so many people going to cottages and jewelers? If you want to do the other quest, it goes an additional two weeks beyond this one, and it was shared by S8 that spawning the monsters without gems is very, very, very rare. I think they are making it possible (as opposed to the firey fox that was ONLY gem related) but not probable on purpose.

Wonkaland99
10-08-16, 08:16 AM
It's too bad last years haunted hall doesn't give us something we need. Would be cool if previous years holiday stuff could be included as an incentive and thanks for those who participated.

I could be wrong, but I thought last year was the Orphanage?

danzplace
10-08-16, 08:42 AM
I can't help but wonder if the dire boars were supposed be coded to be something else. I have never had this many before. Very frustrating for what is already two challenging events. Feels more like we are swimming against the tide. If not for that, I would be fine with rare and challenging.

Fingers crossed we see changes this week after the long weekend here In the US.
Chances are no one is working on Monday. Hang tight.

azriX2012
10-08-16, 08:44 AM

It was. The Haunted Hall is from Halloween 2014.

So after collecting from 9 jewelers, 10 cottages and 12 lantern spires I haven't spawn a single ghost/werewolf/mummy. Only direboars! Werebeast are coming fine from taverns and dead trees. S8 can you check if the spawn rates are correct?

meme1098
10-08-16, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to report the horseshoe drop rate on Level 3 HC.

It's dropping 4 Haunted horseshoes at a time.

***SW***

Post 1 should show 2 horseshoe drops for Level 2 HC.

elizabetheva
10-08-16, 09:05 AM
Just spawned a Werebeast collecting from a library after spawning nothing last night from the suggested collections. Maybe there are additional spawns?

Unless I just didn't see the library listed as a spawn point...

nateryd
10-08-16, 09:08 AM
Cursed Stone.... Great name!
HAHAH... Cause I'm cursing at them.... So much chopping... Not much return!

elizabetheva
10-08-16, 09:28 AM
Reading through the thread, I'm debating whether or not to trade in buildings for more taverns and libraries. Problem is, the only surplus I have is cottages, and don't we need to collect from them? In past events I've been able to finish many events early by stocking lots of extra cottages and towers, but I've been playing since the first month of CS and the first events I haven't been able to finish have been the last few, so obviously it's time to change up my strategy. I typically only have 2 of every building, with the exception of 3 jewellers, conservatories, and markets.

My brain is just too tired today, and the two different goals are confusing me too much - can someone explain the trade off in getting rid of some of the cottages?

elizabetheva
10-08-16, 09:30 AM
Also, has anyone tried chopping dark cave formations? I have loads in storage and they're in the store under "featured," but so are the new elves items so I don't know if it's promoted to help or not.

elizabetheva
10-08-16, 09:36 AM
I noticed the dark cave formation was in the pack for sale and chopping it most definitely gave me more drops compared to the regular rocks.

nimix09
10-08-16, 10:09 AM
Hi, I have completed all of Part 2's quests except to upgrade the haunted castle to level 2. However there is no option for me to do that when I click on the castle. Anyone else with this problem? What should I do?

nateryd
10-08-16, 10:11 AM
Also, has anyone tried chopping dark cave formations? I have loads in storage and they're in the store under "featured," but so are the new elves items so I don't know if it's promoted to help or not.

I've gotten the best return from the dark cave formations.. Still not much, but way better than max 2 cursed stones from the other big rock formation

comeseecomesah
10-08-16, 10:14 AM

I just got out 2 dark cave formations. 1 gave 4 or 5 cursed stone, and 1 gave 3....so that's from 10 chops each formation ? I think, then I chopped outcroppings, 20 chops and got 3 cursed stone.

comeseecomesah
10-08-16, 10:18 AM
☆level 4 haunted castle drops 6 haunted horseshoes ☆

BufftonHeights
10-08-16, 10:35 AM
Hi, I have completed all of Part 2's quests except to upgrade the haunted castle to level 2. However there is no option for me to do that when I click on the castle. Anyone else with this problem? What should I do?

I had that problem, too. A hard close solved it.

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 10:42 AM
Reading through the thread, I'm debating whether or not to trade in buildings for more taverns and libraries. Problem is, the only surplus I have is cottages, and don't we need to collect from them? In past events I've been able to finish many events early by stocking lots of extra cottages and towers, but I've been playing since the first month of CS and the first events I haven't been able to finish have been the last few, so obviously it's time to change up my strategy. I typically only have 2 of every building, with the exception of 3 jewellers, conservatories, and markets.

My brain is just too tired today, and the two different goals are confusing me too much - can someone explain the trade off in getting rid of some of the cottages?

Yes. Sell a few farmhouses if you have any or a cottage or two. Keep four or five if you can. Taverns drop bewitched glass, 5+ every drop. Cottages only have a very, very small chance of spawning a new creature and have nothing to do with the haunted castle other than also Halloween themed. Nobody is getting to 100 parts without gems so really those other monster goals are a bit pointless at the moment and nothing but a distraction. Try for them when this event -- the castle community event -- is over if you like, though there won't likely be much return unless spawn rates are adjusted.

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 10:44 AM
Just spawned a Werebeast collecting from a library after spawning nothing last night from the suggested collections. Maybe there are additional spawns?

Unless I just didn't see the library listed as a spawn point...

Yes, I get them frequently with tavern and library collections. I believe I also got one harvesting the regular mine.

undead30k
10-08-16, 11:19 AM
The third individual prize requires 500 horseshoes

fish63
10-08-16, 11:20 AM
Just saw a Haunted keep in a neighbors! How do you get that?

crystiesc
10-08-16, 11:24 AM
I really wish they could "turn off" dire boars for this event. It's a short amount of time, you need 100 of the ,aerials for EACH, and I've not seen any of the special creatures. I've only see over a dozen dire boars - who did not show up during the monster hunt.

I did see one mummy from the goal to buy a trap, but that was it. Another impossible castle story quest. :(

katbtodd
10-08-16, 11:39 AM

I have the haunted hall from another Halloween event a couple years back . But don't remember any haunted keep

artemis78rh
Level 2 upgrade materials
50 bewitched glass
10 cursed stone
1 simple glue
25 haunted vines

Greatly appreciate the different adjectives!!

Bewitched glass from tavern, sparkling mine, library, pirate tavern (sparkling mines didn't work for me yet)
Cursed stone from rock outcropping, iron rich, small rock piles
Haunted vines from werebeasts so far (which spawned from library and tavern for me) and dead trees

Level 3 materials
75 Bewitched glass
15 Cursed stone
2 Simple glue
27 Haunted vine

I can't get anything from these rocks !

kattkrazie

Yes, dark cave formations are excellent for getting the cursed stones. I've probably chopped 10 of them so far.

Stymie52
10-08-16, 11:46 AM
Just got my first mummy from a jeweler. So, so adorable!

kattkrazie
10-08-16, 11:50 AM
I think the best advice I've seen is from peachtreeshoppe. These are two separate events. The community event is doable but the monster dance is far more difficult and may be targeted at gemmers. If you waste energy on cottages, watchtowers, and jewelers, you're missing the opportunity to get the community prizes. I have alicorns and have used a lot of them collecting from cottages and the other monster dance buildings but have only spawned 1or 2 ghosts and mummies. But I've spawned at least 25 werebeasts for the community event and have even gotten the pet werebeast as a drop. I haven't posted what's needed for higher level haunted house because it's just more of the same things.

Also, I've noticed that for the monster dance, the odds are greater of getting a dire boar than a ghost or mummy. Most players will be happier if they focus on the community event rather than chasing the ghosts, mummies, and werewolves. Those are going to be tough even with lots of energy sources.

janddolphins
10-08-16, 11:50 AM
I also just got my first mummy, finally! Now I have gotten all the monsters. For those saying we don't need the cottage that's where the werewolf comes from. Granted you don't get glass from it, but it is still for the long term event so some like me probably keep it out for that to click once in a while. I don't want to scramble for 12 days to try and get it so I'm balancing both events.

I think if done right it can be completed without gems, but ask me again as we are closer to the end lol. I am still worried about the final prize.

undead30k
10-08-16, 12:07 PM
Kattkrazie or anyone who knows - can you post how many horseshoes are required for the fourth and fifth individual prizes?

Also, even though its more of the same items required for upgrading the haunted house, if someone could post how many items are required for level 6 and up. It would be very helpful in budgeting energy and what to collect. Thanks for all the help and tips.

I like the horses giving horseshoes for the times I can't check in every 2 hours

zelda0816
10-08-16, 12:12 PM
PLEASE turn on dire bores, AND increase the special ones, all I have gotten is werewolves! This may be one goal I can not complete!

kattkrazie
10-08-16, 12:13 PM
To get to level 5:

125 bewitched glass, 25 cursed stones, 35 haunted vines, 1 super glue
(Drops 6 horseshoes)

To get to level 6:

150 b. glass, 30 c. stones, 40 h. vines, 2 super glue
(Drops 9 horseshoes)

Level 7:

175 b. glass, 40 c. stone, 50 h. vines, 3 super glue
(Drops 12 horseshoes)

elizabetheva
10-08-16, 12:18 PM
Yes. Sell a few farmhouses if you have any or a cottage or two. Keep four or five if you can. Taverns drop bewitched glass, 5+ every drop. Cottages only have a very, very small chance of spawning a new creature and have nothing to do with the haunted castle other than also Halloween themed. Nobody is getting to 100 parts without gems so really those other monster goals are a bit pointless at the moment and nothing but a distraction. Try for them when this event -- the castle community event -- is over if you like, though there won't likely be much return unless spawn rates are adjusted.

Thank you!!! Your explanation is perfect, it completely makes sense to me now.

justmine2
10-08-16, 12:51 PM
Wow, I just keep plugging along and don't seem to be getting any where!

ethan1brothers
10-08-16, 01:43 PM
the mods have been saying on the other thread that unless you use the traps you wont get very far as the random monster appearances will be really rare

Solientus
10-08-16, 01:59 PM
@moon & katt- I'm in a bit of a turkey coma right now so no numbers lol.

I do agree though that crafting the werebeast should be more then doable. This is only the second day and I have over 40 towards the 100.
All the others ones I think I only have one each.

My kingdoms inventory exploded buildings yesterday but I don't think I'll be making any of the cute collectables (poor mummy and ghost *fights back tear*). There's still 25 days but spawning each type 2-4x a day won't be happening.

*I'm just now thinking this should be in the trap thread maybe...
I'm on my tablet so no cutting and pasting. Sorry SW, move this if you read it. If you don't mind please :)*

Solientus
10-08-16, 02:11 PM
I noticed the dark cave formation was in the pack for sale and chopping it most definitely gave me more drops compared to the regular rocks.
I had 2 dc formations in my inventory and chopped away. I only came out of the 10 chops with 2 Cursed stones each time...so not great luck for me. I'm probably just going to stick with the regular rocks.
So far the upgrade mats, per level on the castle, seem pretty reasonable.
I'm struggling with the above-mentioned Cursed stones but if I lay off of the buildings for the 'special beast' spawns (towers/Cottages/etc) I'll have enough energy for more rock chopping.

*Edit- OK I just did some quick guessing based on first post. Looks like glass is only going up 25 per level which is 1350 Bewitched Glass for the whole event.
I'm on level 4 going to 5 so (as long at it stays at 25 increase per level) I only need 1125 more Bewitched Glass. I'm probably just going to store all my extra taverns once I hit that number since the mines will be supplying me with hoarding bonuses anyways.

Table (amounts may change, but guessing off of pattern for now):
On Lv. 3 - 1225 more glass needed
On Lv. 4 - 1125
On Lv. 5 - 1000
On Lv. 6 - 850
On Lv. 7 - 675
On Lv. 8 - 475

*Slinks away for more turkey...*

kattkrazie
10-08-16, 02:17 PM
Turkey coma? Practice run for next month? You can be forgiven for posting in the wrong thread since you were replying to my post - which was in the wrong thread.

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 02:30 PM
I had 2 dc formations in my inventory and chopped away. I only came out of the 10 chops with 2 Cursed stones each time...so not great luck for me. I'm probably just going to stick with the regular rocks.
So far the upgrade mats, per level on the castle, seem pretty reasonable.
I'm struggling with the above-mentioned Cursed stones but if I lay off of the buildings for the 'special beast' spawns (towers/Cottages/etc) I'll have enough energy for more rock chopping.

Smart move Soli.. No use insisting on what's not coming up. Too energy consuming. Just wish the DireBores were not invited to the party! I'm collecting what's needed for GhostCastle upgrade.. and horseshoes too.
Unfortunately energy is not enough to do both event and side goals.
The werewolf I haven't even seen 1 yet and have 12 cottages out. The reason I stopped chasing them.. they're not ready to appear yet.

Solientus
10-08-16, 02:34 PM
Turkey coma? Practice run for next month? You can be forgiven for posting in the wrong thread since you were replying to my post - which was in the wrong thread.
It's Canadian Gobble Day Monday :P
We always turn it into a long weekend of eating though lol

MoonVillage3
10-08-16, 02:40 PM

Difficulty in choosing the right thread when talking about spawning monsters.. as collecting horseshoes and upgrading materials for the GhostCastle.. one ends up spawning monsters! It's the WereBeasts fault! He appears in both sides..lol!

Zirilka
10-08-16, 02:50 PM
Here is me, tapping erratically around my queendom, and there are people with tables in their heads and turkeys on their tables. :p

I will keep the extra buildings out as they are good for spawning werebeasts and werebeasts are giving me vines. I cannot **** any more dead trees, it's against my tree-hugging instincts. ;)

Solientus
10-08-16, 03:22 PM
I cannot **** any more dead trees, it's against my tree-hugging instincts. ;)
The Owls and Squirrels thank you! I'm afraid I destroyed their homes :(
I'm glad we don't have to grow and harvest healthy ones though.

swstar
10-08-16, 03:23 PM

oh yes, sorry but either way having past holiday buildings help would be great!

purrdue5
10-08-16, 03:24 PM
Is anyone having problems getting any monsters lately? Seems the only one I'm getting is the boar. Most aggravating!

lilymonster4
10-08-16, 04:26 PM
I'm new to the forum I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but the 24hour side goal is so not worth it. I gave up 15 earth wisps and did the other things to get 1 cursed stone 1 haunted vine and 5 bewitched glass. :/

freddy1343
10-08-16, 04:57 PM
Is anyone having problems getting any monsters lately? Seems the only one I'm getting is the boar. Most aggravating!

I am having trouble getting monsters also. Lots of direboars, but nothing for this quest. NOTHING from libraries, cottages, taverns, spires or watchtowers. Grrr

Just as I had hoped, the next tavern I tapped gave me a werebeast. ��

thornfie
10-08-16, 05:10 PM
Same here, not getting any monsters except boars

mayennalee
10-08-16, 05:22 PM
Same as everyone else. I dont normally have much luck spawning boars - or anything else really, but OMG the number I am getting this time! Its nuts! Though it helps with making all the troll clubs, so not totally complaining

peachtreeshoppe
10-08-16, 06:17 PM
Smart move Soli.. No use insisting on what's not coming up. Too energy consuming. Just wish the DireBores were not invited to the party! I'm collecting what's needed for GhostCastle upgrade.. and horseshoes too.
The werewolf I haven't even seen 1 yet and have 12 cottages out. The reason I stopped chasing them.. they're not ready to appear yet.

The side goal is werebeasts, the ones that show up from libraries and taverns. With 6 or 7 taverns and 4 libraries, I got my 10 werebeasts to complete the (underwhelming) side goal. No need to chase werewolves for the side goal.

brigadoon365
10-08-16, 07:36 PM

Agreed. I determined that using energy for essentially 250 coins was a waste. Of course, my libraries and taverns are not spawning anything so other than my horses, it seems to be business as usual in my kingdom. Well, other than the darn boars that pop up with every five actions.

mikepastry
10-08-16, 07:56 PM
Level 4 and Level 5 HC, both drop 6 horseshoes. Is this info accurate?

To get to level 5:

125 bewitched glass, 25 cursed stones, 35 haunted vines, 1 super glue
(Drops 6 horseshoes)

To get to level 6:

150 b. glass, 30 c. stones, 40 h. vines, 2 super glue
(Drops 9 horseshoes)

Level 7:

175 b. glass, 40 c. stone, 50 h. vines, 3 super glue
(Drops 12 horseshoes)

fish63
10-08-16, 07:57 PM
The Haunted Keep is a purple version of the regular keep! Large! Anybody see one?

SpiritWind00
10-08-16, 08:06 PM
when I put that in, I saw that too...I'm not sure I've recorded the horseshoe drops correctly. At the beginning I didn't record a level 1 with any drops, so I moved everything up a level. I'm sure someone will post and help me correct any wrong info. :) I'm on L3, so I can't check it's correct as yet. It may be... I'll do a search in the thread and update it if I can find any info.

undead30k
10-08-16, 08:17 PM
Could the haunted keep be the 4th individual prize? How many horseshoes do we need for the fourth individual prize? Thx

robotparade
10-08-16, 08:18 PM

My level 4 HC is giving five horseshoes.

federerGOAT
10-08-16, 08:18 PM

Currently on level 5, and it drops 9 horseshoes.

mikepastry
10-08-16, 08:19 PM
My HC is currently Level 4; drops 6 horseshoes.

when I put that in, I saw that too...I'm not sure I've recorded the horseshoe drops correctly. At the beginning I didn't record a level 1 with any drops, so I moved everything up a level. I'm sure someone will post and help me correct any wrong info. :) I'm on L3, so I can't check it's correct as yet. It may be... I'll do a search in the thread and update it if I can find any info.

Solientus
10-08-16, 08:20 PM
The second individual prize is called Haunted Gazebo. 2x2 Deco.

mikepastry
10-08-16, 08:20 PM
Thank you for clarifying that detail!

Currently on level 5, and it drops 9 horseshoes.

sookiebooks
10-08-16, 08:21 PM
Ok I'm done with monster quest too. I put all my horses out so hopefully my energy will be better spent collecting horseshoes. Thanks

caron7
10-08-16, 08:33 PM
I have read post one and don't see info on taming werewolves, etc. what does the cauldron do?

SpiritWind00
10-08-16, 08:39 PM
I have read post one and don't see info on taming werewolves, etc. what does the cauldron do?
Info is in the Spooky thread :)

kdgulle
10-08-16, 08:53 PM

I saw one too, you need to finish the quest in the quest book, leveling up the haunted house to get it. I'm thinking there are 10 levels. In 10 days going to be hard to do.

caron7
10-08-16, 09:03 PM
Info is in the Spooky thread :)
I didn't see that one. I will go look, thank you. Could a link be put in post one? I didn't realize this was not the same event.

Thank you for all the info in post 1. If it helps, I just realized the pirate tavern is dropping bewitched glass. I chopped my 4 haunted lanterns and received 3 bewitched glass twice and 1 haunted vine twice.

jopik
10-08-16, 10:53 PM
Nice reward for completing upgrade the Haunted Castle to lvl10
The Haunted keep inside is like the Barracks.
I think it's worth the effort!

Jackiesq
10-08-16, 11:35 PM

Wow! That's great!
Hoping for a miracle now. I really need that to get it to level 10 on time...

zoroak
10-08-16, 11:56 PM

That's a great reward! Long way for me to go, only on lvl 6, may get to 7 by the end of the day...

newzealander
10-09-16, 12:02 AM
Ok I'm done with monster quest too. I put all my horses out so hopefully my energy will be better spent collecting horseshoes. Thanks
Doing the same. I'm not getting anything from Spires, Watchtowers, Cottages and Jewellers, so I can't see how I am supposed to get 100 from each. Ridiculous. I'm only on 200 horseshoes, so I need to change tactics.

h72g
10-09-16, 12:28 AM
oh.... I checked on thursday night at the usual update time and all there was were new prices in the barons tent... and I closed the game and made a pause in playing - till now... hope it is not to late :(

zoroak
10-09-16, 01:16 AM
A small suggestion: build as many taverns as you can afford to and have lots of horses out initially. As your haunted castle levels up, don't waste your energy on as many horses as the higher level castle drops more horseshoes every 2h, instead use it to hack rocks and dead trees to prioritise levelling up the haunted castle. Much easier scenario once you attain lvl 10 and you can devote most of the energy back into horseshoe collection.

SpiritWind00
10-09-16, 01:47 AM
Now, that is motivation to keep going! #awesome!!!! Thank you so much for posting!

Jackiesq
10-09-16, 01:50 AM
How do you all get the cursed stones?
It's my only problem, the other needed parts come in easy...
I do the Iron rocks, because iron is the only item I need from rocks for my kingdom.
Is that the worst rock for cursed stone?
Should I keep a beast on my kingdom when shopping rocks?
I don't do that now, and I'm seeing about 1 werebeast and 1 boar every rock and 1 cursed stone every 1 or 2 rocks...

zoroak
10-09-16, 01:59 AM
Just a quick note for SW, on first page it should be amended to: level 5 castle drops 9 horseshoes and level 6 drops 12. Have not reached level 7 so don't know number for that.

thanks!! Post 1 changed. ;) SW

Thorgal
10-09-16, 02:30 AM
Which adventures can u do? All of them?

ktorewqas
10-09-16, 04:26 AM
33915really lvl 10 in 12 day :eek: hard task ! Need more buildings... Sell... Buy.... Lol

Jinc4
10-09-16, 04:49 AM
How do you all get the cursed stones?
It's my only problem, the other needed parts come in easy...
I do the Iron rocks, because iron is the only item I need from rocks for my kingdom.
Is that the worst rock for cursed stone?
Should I keep a beast on my kingdom when shopping rocks?
I don't do that now, and I'm seeing about 1 werebeast and 1 boar every rock and 1 cursed stone every 1 or 2 rocks...

Cursed stones are a major problem for sure, I agree the rest are pretty straightforward. With so many levels and the numbers of stones required increasing for each level this is starting to feel really tricky.

I am doing the iron rocks too as they feel slight better than the others - but the drop rate is really low....

Jackiesq
10-09-16, 05:13 AM
Cursed stones are a major problem for sure, I agree the rest are pretty straightforward. With so many levels and the numbers of stones required increasing for each level this is starting to feel really tricky.

I am doing the iron rocks too as they feel slight better than the others - but the drop rate is really low....

Thx for your response. I just wanted to try for another rock, but I hate it to lose all the stones again...
Today I finished 2 quests and now I'm crafting scissors from the irons for the 3th quest that cost my iron. 😊 The "need" of iron is done for now, but I can use them for making blocks and swords ofcourse. So I stay on the iron rocks for now...

Anaboe
10-09-16, 05:34 AM
Wow, seems like everyone is ahead of me... I use every energy I get, even set an alarm in the middle of the might to collect extra glass. Still I just upgraded to lvl 6, and only have 65 horse-shoes... Even used 2 energy-crates so far (10 and 25).

I have 2 wizard schools, 8-daily alicorns, and tab on nothing but things that give the required materials. The stones are the hardest for me: I get approximatly 1 stone per 5-6 chops. That's really quite low...

Jackiesq
10-09-16, 05:39 AM
Wow, seems like everyone is ahead of me... I use every energy I get, even set an alarm in the middle of the might to collect extra glass. Still I just upgraded to lvl 6, and only have 65 horse-shoes... Even used 2 energy-crates so far (10 and 25).

I have 2 wizard schools, 8-daily alicorns, and tab on nothing but things that give the required materials. The stones are the hardest for me: I get approximatly 1 stone per 5-6 chops. That's really quite low...
Wowwow! 😂 I'm still level 3! Non of the energy-givers in my kingdom... 😳 I'm putting all my energy on the stones and the upcomming beast from that for this moment...

Zirilka
10-09-16, 05:46 AM
The Direboars are ****ing me every time I touch a rock. Vexing.

peachtreeshoppe
10-09-16, 05:52 AM

You're ahead of me. 2 wizard school and 2 daily alicorns. Check in 3 or 4 times a day. Rocks are tough on everyone :(

aurora171
10-09-16, 05:52 AM
The Direboars are ****ing me every time I touch a rock. Vexing.

It's getting really frustrating. Someone needs to give them an invite to the party asap!

peachtreeshoppe
10-09-16, 06:05 AM
I'm curious how many of the materials are needed for upper levels of the castle. If I check in at the same rate, I want to know if I can even reach L 10.

11 taverns, 1 pirate tavern, 4 libraries, 2 regular mines =
86 bewitched glass
16 haunted vines from associated werebeasts spawning.

5 cursed stone from 1 outcropping and 2 small rock piles.

So I can get that by checking twice a day... 172 glass, 32 vines, 10 cursed stone.

Other check-ins 2-3x a day I just chop rocks, collect blocks and light armor I crafted, go to the pirate tavern, and occasional dead tree if that's where I'm lacking for next upgrade.

Currently L5 haunted castle...

I can do the math once I know materials needed. Can anyone share?

peachtreeshoppe
10-09-16, 06:12 AM
Thinking more... Since the drop rate for horseshoes doesn't increase as drastically as I expected, I'm wondering whether it IS better to go for horses rather than cursed stone to level up all the way... Need to know how many cursed stone translate to how many horseshoes to do the comparison.

Zirilka
10-09-16, 06:28 AM
I will be traveling all over Europe this week so there is now way I'll finish the event anyway. But even if I were able to be glued to my iPad and chop and hack dutifully, it would have been a tight spot.

PrincessCelestian
10-09-16, 06:30 AM
Thinking more... Since the drop rate for horseshoes doesn't increase as drastically as I expected, I'm wondering whether it IS better to go for horses rather than cursed stone to level up all the way... Need to know how many cursed stone translate to how many horseshoes to do the comparison.

I have a pretty good drop rate from my horses. I have been playing very sporadically since it started because I have had to replay a friend's wedding in 48 hours due to hurricane Matthew. But I am almost to prize 2 and my castle is only level 2. Now that I can play in earnest I will be leveling it up faster but I think horses are definitely a way to go.

peachtreeshoppe
10-09-16, 06:32 AM
11 horses = 8 horseshoes just now.

To get to three additional horseshoes per click of the castle by leveling up, I need 30 cursed stone from 180 rock chops. Well. Kattkazie, I think we were wrong. Unless a leveled up castle gives something fabulous, I may be abandoning that ship and only doing horses instead.

danzplace
10-09-16, 06:43 AM
I think it all depends on what you want more. Leveling up the castle to 10 earns you a haunted keep/barracks. Earning the individual community prize gets you another all opt. My current alicolt occassionally drops energy and luminescence. But so does my keep. Hmmm...

Short term, the horses seem a better bet for horse shoes. But tapping taverns and leveling up the haunted castle helps you get a wild werebeast. Decisions decisions. When of course I would just like to do it all, and get my hands on one of the pink ghosts!

Jackiesq
10-09-16, 07:18 AM
Am I wrong or was the last (my first) event for more days?
I know for sure I got my final individual prize 2 days before I leveled up the desert palace to level 10. But I did that to get the camel and that was 1 day before the event ended!
Why is this event so hard compares to the last?

Now I'm making my calcs. I can never reach level 10 or the needed items to level up must go down after level 7... (wake up Jackie, you're dreaming!) I don't know how many horse-shoes we needed for the alicorn, but I'm afraid I can't make it to that too... I think I have to stop using my energy for this event and going for the usual quests in my book.

Solientus
10-09-16, 07:25 AM
Am I wrong or was the last (my first) event for more days? Why is this event so hard compares to the last?

The last Community event was 25 days, so it was twice as long as this one.

To me this event has super mega good prizes and that's why I think maybe it's harder to complete.
An Ali -> personal goal complete and the Halloween version of Barracks -> leveling your HC to 10.

Starting yesterday, I've been putting my energy into about 20 horses, chopping large stone outcroppings and harvesting my 22hr buildings when they're ready (I'm still leveling/expanding so I still need the income from them).
Collecting from about 6-8 Taverns, 3 Libraries, and my mines have been giving me more then enough Bewitched Glass and the occasional Werebeast spawns for the Vines.

13 energy on buildings, assume 3 Werebeast spawns @4 energy each (8HP - energy back) -> 25 energy every 8hrs.
That leaves a fair bit to collect from horses and punch rocks.

Jackiesq
10-09-16, 07:30 AM
The last Community event was 25 days, so it was twice as long as this one.

To me this event has super mega good prizes and that's why I think maybe it's harder to complete.
An Ali -> personal goal complete and the Halloween version of Barracks -> leveling your HC to 10.
Yes, that's why I'm so confused!

You're right about the prizes! I love them, but I think it's to much for me now on my level... 😳

zoroak
10-09-16, 07:31 AM
Am I wrong or was the last (my first) event for more days?
I know for sure I got my final individual prize 2 days before I leveled up the desert palace to level 10. But I did that to get the camel and that was 1 day before the event ended!
Why is this event so hard compares to the last?

Now I'm making my calcs. I can never reach level 10 or the needed items to level up must go down after level 7... (wake up Jackie, you're dreaming!) I don't know how many horse-shoes we needed for the alicorn, but I'm afraid I can't make it to that too... I think I have to stop using my energy for this event and going for the usual quests in my book.

This event (and the other as well!) is particularly challenging for lower level players and/or players without a large number of energy sources, like alicorns and are not willing to spend a lot on gems (the other event). You are correct, the last event was for a longer period than this one, and unless Storm8 changes some of the levelling requirements for the castle, many lower level players and players without large energy resources will not be able to complete this, sorry.