PDA

View Full Version : How many events?

ATurtleIsAReptile
10-05-16, 05:39 PM
I started playing this game around the beginning of the Lunar Light event, and I've been amazed at the number of events going on-- the S'more Boar Tournament, Lunar Light, the Scout Leaderboard, the Prof. Scrape Tournament, and now people are saying we might get a Storybook event starting this Friday? Is this the way things usually work in this game-- is there always at least one event and at least one tournament running, or what? I love it, it's been very exciting and it motivates me to play more, but I kind of can't believe how much is going on.

Also, for those of you who've been playing a long time, do you usually try to participate in all the events and get all the animal prizes? Or is it impossible to keep up with so many, so you just choose the ones you particularly like?

haku8cafe
10-05-16, 06:37 PM
Leaderboard is pretty new.... we are only at the 3rd of it so far... it usually is

1) leaderboard than storybook .... they use to throw in 3days battle or 5 days battle in between
2) be glad there is world event because they are good for stocking up your apples...
3) I do not know if you are the same player I spoke about storing your apples & make sure you are lvl17-21 than you start your storybook event...

if you are lvl17-21 in storybook you need about 50K apples to catch up, starting at lvl22 put you in high lvl storybook like us which you would not want to be

but I am lvl45 so I cannot speak for the rest of the seniors who are playing way more longer than me

Eluzyion
10-05-16, 06:44 PM
I started playing this game around the beginning of the Lunar Light event, and I've been amazed at the number of events going on-- the S'more Boar Tournament, Lunar Light, the Scout Leaderboard, the Prof. Scrape Tournament, and now people are saying we might get a Storybook event starting this Friday? Is this the way things usually work in this game-- is there always at least one event and at least one tournament running, or what? I love it, it's been very exciting and it motivates me to play more, but I kind of can't believe how much is going on.

Also, for those of you who've been playing a long time, do you usually try to participate in all the events and get all the animal prizes? Or is it impossible to keep up with so many, so you just choose the ones you particularly like?

What I did when I first was able to do storybooks etc is play it as far as I could to get whatever animals I could even if I wasn't able to get the last one, same with world events you may be able to hit some milestones and get some of the animals.. It's a good thing to do the normal battlegrounds and keep your plants going to build up your food, especially right now! The more food you have the further you can get :) good luck!

Silverrain1
10-06-16, 02:23 AM
Yes, I play every event! Tournaments, story books, leaderboards. I try to get as far as I can in them all and even if it's animals I'm not overly fond of they can stay in storage as maybe I'll change my mind. But tbh, there's very few I can say that I don't like. Definitely store your apples and having 6 grand farms I find is an absolute god send!

ATurtleIsAReptile
10-06-16, 01:26 PM
Great, thank you all for the replies! I'm definitely stockpiling my apples now, and trying to get to level 17 by Friday-- I'm at 16 now, so I think I'm going to make it. :)

One thing I still don't understand-- why do people think a new Storybook event will start on Friday? Is it because there's always an event running, so when the Lunar one ends a new one will begin?

Cdnfroglover
10-06-16, 04:20 PM
Great, thank you all for the replies! I'm definitely stockpiling my apples now, and trying to get to level 17 by Friday-- I'm at 16 now, so I think I'm going to make it. :)

One thing I still don't understand-- why do people think a new Storybook event will start on Friday? Is it because there's always an event running, so when the Lunar one ends a new one will begin?

It tends to follow a pattern that once you have been playing for a while you get used to and begin to be able to anticipate events. It isn't 100 percent certain to be so, but since we know the zodiac's are typically near the end of the month and we are finishing a world event now... best guess is that a storybook will start Friday. Once in a while we get a quiet update and nothing is going on but it is rare. The game does an update every Tuesday and Friday at 2:30 pm EST. Leaderboards are new and spin to wins were recently brought back out of retirement so we are getting used to a new pattern of events right now. (the game has been extra active with events since the addition of leaderboards)

It is best to have a good stock pile of food for Storybooks and Leaderboards. In the stories you have to feed a lot of animals for goals typically and in the leaderboards so far you get points for feeding. I saved all apples during the world event and haven't fed anything since the last leaderboard ended so I have a nice big stock ready for the storybook if there is one!

Sometimes tournaments run at the same time as world events and storybooks... but since the S'More Boar tournament just ended I wasn't expecting another tournament so soon after. It caught me by surprise!

... I'll stop now... I'm sure that's more info then you wanted! :D

ABABAU
10-06-16, 04:46 PM
I didn't know we are having a Storybook Event so soon! I only have 76,147 food!

Clark_Wayne
10-06-16, 05:17 PM
you forgot to talk about zodiac goal line and spin wheel ;)

(only cdhfroglover talked about zodiac :D)

haku8cafe
10-06-16, 06:45 PM

one more thing dun start Storybook event first... let clark_wayne do that honour first :cool::p it helps a lot knowing what is ahead... lol but lvl 17-21 storybook quest & lvl22 above have different quest so maybe you can be like clark_wayne helping the mid lvls storybook quest

ATurtleIsAReptile
10-06-16, 08:55 PM
Cdnfroglover: It's not too much information at all-- the way events work in this game is still mostly a mystery to me, so every bit of info helps!

So how does the timing work on the Storybook event? If I start it several days late, do I still get a full day to complete each chapter? And if I want to, can I complete multiple chapters in one day, or do I have to wait?

Silverrain1
10-07-16, 02:49 AM
When the pop up comes for the story book you can start it right then or wait for it to auto start. I personally wait for the autostart as it gives you more time to get food and for the amazing players who started before can post the tasks so you can prepare ahead of schedule. If you start late you still get a full day to complete a chapter, if you fall behind by a day or a couple of days the next chapter will start as soon as you finish the previous one until you have caught up

Cdnfroglover
10-07-16, 06:30 AM
I was re reading this thread this morning with a coffee in hand and had to giggle... we are a lovely bunch of geeks. I love it!

Yes... Storybook is the one you get to pick when you start. I usually start right away unless I am very busy with something (that pesky job sometimes gets in the way!). I've actually only finished two storybooks so far. Some of the more advanced players usually go ahead of everyone and you can see what you'll have to do as far as hatching and feeding. So I gauge how high in chapters I want to go based on how much I want the prize at the end and how many apples I am willing to spend! The top prize is usually an Ultra-rare though so that does make it worth the apples for most! Sometimes I only go as high as the first character to save my apples. Right now I have almost 300 thousand apples... so if its a Harry Potter story like some people think I will likely go to the end!