PDA

View Full Version : How many leaderboard events have you won?

Kennedward
10-01-16, 09:50 PM
Since leaderboards seems so popular that we keep getting them, I've been wondering how many players have actually won them?

You can also say how many times you got 2nd place, since 2nd place also gets the dragon prize.

As for me, I've never won, not even once, because my groups always have at least 2 to 3, one time even had 5 players boosting from start to finish. Despite having all the gold producing dragons myself, I just don't feel like spending gold to compete with them when only top 2 will get the dragon prize.

chewingthecud
10-02-16, 02:09 AM
Hi there. I won the first one and came second in another I think. I don't boost but am a high level player. As I posted before, I think your end result counts towards your next group - aka if you win you get in a full on boosting group next time. Anyway, I just play my game for the milestones and don't care about the main prize. :o

Sandybellee
10-02-16, 04:07 AM
Yep - my groups have definitely been determined by my placing in the previous event.

I came first in the Tropical Tide event and second in the Torchbearer event. Looks like I have a good chance in this current one as well.

nyrrem
10-02-16, 04:25 AM
I came second in the one with the Freedom event - i had a pretty low activity group and boosted (I beat 3rd place by 5 points). My husband managed first in the last event (just boosted in the last hour) and has been thrid in the first lb event (no boost).

docpaine
10-02-16, 07:45 AM
Came in first on the Skylord tournament (honestly I'm proud of myself for that one |D Played hard and quested constantly, I won by like 1-4 points because I stayed up late to get in one final quest before bed), and... somehow I managed to win the Islander one xD Hovering around 3-4 here though and I'm okay with that... the fourth place prize is honestly what I want more, that'll be a great help with food before the next Tales xD

and yeah, I'm pretty in agreement of the whole 'higher rank = harder group' theory, I had a very chill group after I'd lost a couple, but right back to a competitive edge when I won again.

belarica
10-02-16, 08:50 AM
I came in second in the last one, got the islander dragon. That's the only one I've even been close in. It'd be nice if I was grouped with similar minded players.

Florr06
10-02-16, 09:22 AM
I've won 1 - the most recent one, with "just" ~3500 points :)

goddard7006
10-02-16, 09:42 AM
I've won 2 freedom, and challenger

Exeroth
10-02-16, 10:36 AM
I won the first ever tournament I entered, the Perfect Paradise, though this is largely because only a couple other people were boosting- and I had more nests than all of them. For this tournament I was blown out of the water extremely quickly, and now I'm sitting between 8th and 6th place. No point boosting when the guy in first has literally over ten thousand points more than me.
But so yeah- I would definitely say that the winners/boosters get grouped together in the following tournaments.

Jrod333
10-02-16, 11:27 AM
I tied in 2nd one time, so 3 of us won the prize dragon. It is rare but does happen. I saw someone mention a cap before, if there was a cap even more tied would happen. Just a thought. Although technically anyone can just buy the main dragon now

Bastiaan0
10-02-16, 01:03 PM
Only the first two, Skylord and Mama.

farmday0123
10-02-16, 03:34 PM
Feeling little boring when breed one dragin years andcan not even get, only leaderboard can cheer up little , eventhough I don't collect all trophy but sometimes i saw people have straight all golds trophy every event leader, the great n fun thing that you can break their record lol. Before i really enjoy breeding, feel super hero when can breed something i like but not anymore now. Only austromancer if i can get it so my x later is only for leaderboard abd new diamond. But very love to play with someone that like to fight with trophy , fun fun fun

zaccy678
10-02-16, 04:14 PM
I won Mama and Torchbearer.

19sparkles96
10-03-16, 07:43 PM
On main account I have 5 gold and 1 silver trophy, yes I'm super competitive and addicted to DS. Spent some money on the first 2 LB, but now that I figured some things out I only use my accrued (10 epic gold dragons) and gifted (20 a day) gold along with my stockpiled food (My dynamite mine is still open and I have 8 epic dynamite dragons).

With 7 accounts ranging from level 33 to 200 I was able to win 20 gold and 1 silver trophy on the last 3 leaderboards. (Did I mention I figured some things out?). The 2nd place was only because 2 of my accounts ended up on the same board.

I'm trying to wean myself down to 5 winners this time and eventually 3 winners long term as it gets quite hectic managing all these working 50 + hour weeks.

And I do think long term, I hope someday they add a Trading post like in Farm Story 2. Then I will have a stockpile of good trades.

On main account, I currently have a 4000 pt lead with 2nd at 1200 pts. And I'm sitting on reserve of 3400 gold and 1.1 million Apples if I get challenged.

9krm
10-03-16, 09:54 PM
:eek:

I usually come in way down at the bottom. I did come in second once, not sure which one, but that was an accident. I think a lot of the people in my group were inactive. I'm just in it for the habitats ;)

FieldsLikeB
10-03-16, 10:07 PM
Won the Islands one and wasn't even trying to Lol. My group just was not interested, never saw a single boost in the entire ten days. A lot didn't even go for all the goals. I actually like the fellow, but really dislike Hula. Oh well, free dragon anyway. I worked my buttons off for Mama didn't get her cuz of insanity during the last hour, never again, hey.

Anaboe
10-04-16, 03:17 PM
I win approximately 50% of the Leaderboard-events (I count second place also as a win, to me it's the dragon that counts). Once I won because I spent almost 2,500,000 food :P I also always make it to all the milestones, spending a few gold here and there, mostly to speed up things before bed, so things won't be useless overnight.

To me it seems your placement in the LB-group depends on your previous LB-event.

I have 7 Gold-producing dragons, 2 Evolution Temples, 4 Nests, 2 Breeding dens, and the Arctic Isles, which also give lots of points, and it seems like I'm coming in second this event too: 1st has 7,774, 2nd (me) 6,328, 3rd 5,919, and I still have lots of dragons to feed, and almost 2,500,000 food :)

julia88s
10-05-16, 01:58 AM
0 gold, 3 silver and 1 bronze

amerirish
10-05-16, 06:33 AM
I don't think I've ever placed above 5th and I've played all of the LB events. I know I have no shot, so I get all the Milestones as quickly as I can (only used boost 2 times in separate events) and then I just chill.

Kennedward
10-05-16, 06:48 AM
I don't think I've ever placed above 5th and I've played all of the LB events. I know I have no shot, so I get all the Milestones as quickly as I can (only used boost 2 times in separate events) and then I just chill.

Same here, and that's also what I do as well!

Passera
10-07-16, 07:29 AM
I've won 2 of these but have never gotten even close to getting all of the milestone prizes. Am currently in 2nd place but hopefully one or two players will surpass me because quite frankly I'd rather have the food prize not so much the coins but food would be nice!!!

starship412
10-07-16, 10:24 AM
None because they put me in groups with rich people. The leaderboard sucks, it's divisive and there's more complaints than compliments. Get rid of em or get rid of boosts in them to make them fair. Also, quit putting iOs users with Android users unless you level the playing field with both devices.

Xyn25
10-07-16, 11:10 AM
I've won one (Tropic tides) and came in second in the first one ever (Skylord). I'm really sad that I missed out on Crescent, but I was too far behind to even try.

moonchild1987
10-07-16, 11:18 AM
The only gold I've got was the 4th of July leaderboard and I can even remember what dragon I won, lol. I only got first in that one because my group was way relaxed, I was the only on to get the final milestone. I've got silver in 3, Skylord, Mama, and Crescent.

Sandybellee
10-07-16, 11:32 AM
Yep - my groups have definitely been determined by my placing in the previous event.

I came first in the Tropical Tide event and second in the Torchbearer event. Looks like I have a good chance in this current one as well.

Two first place finishes now that I won the Crescent event. So most likely I won't have any chance at all again next time.

Eluzyion
10-07-16, 11:36 AM
2 first and a second in leaderboard, no storybooks or tournaments yet still trying to breed and level a decent battle crew, but I'll go as far as I can in those for whatever new dragons I can get lol :)

Simdiva
10-07-16, 12:52 PM
I came in second on Skylord and today but won mama, freedom and islander. Some were high point were high point events but three were not.

Bastiaan0
10-07-16, 01:11 PM
Only the first two, Skylord and Mama.

And Crescent :)

DragonflyRocket
10-07-16, 02:31 PM
Think I've only won 1 though come 2nd about 3 times.

random59
10-07-16, 07:23 PM
I have won 1 and come 2nd twice but have finished as low as 9th

FireballFarm
10-07-16, 11:37 PM
I've 'won' four: Tropic Tide, Mama, Torchbearer and Crescent, basically every other leaderboard.
I don't spend much gold on LBs, only occasionally a piece or three to speed up a hatch or the den. I'd estimate I've spent a total of 25-30 gold on all the LB events, combined. Never have bought a boost.
The only reason I've finished in the top spots is because of the groupings- many of my groups have obviously had little to no interest in these events.
Since I got the Crescent, I fully expect to be put in tough group next time and finish in the bottom half of the rankings.

06hunter
10-08-16, 04:33 AM
Since leaderboards seems so popular that we keep getting them, I've been wondering how many players have actually won them?

You can also say how many times you got 2nd place, since 2nd place also gets the dragon prize.

As for me, I've never won, not even once, because my groups always have at least 2 to 3, one time even had 5 players boosting from start to finish. Despite having all the gold producing dragons myself, I just don't feel like spending gold to compete with them when only top 2 will get the dragon prize.

I have 5-Gold Trophies 1-Silver Trophy 1-Bronze Trophy. I knew I was going to come in 3rd place this time so I went ahead & bought the Cresent Dragon so that I would have a Dragon to go along with the Trophy. I feel that 3rd place winners should also get the Dragon as a prize too since they do get a Trophy & who wants a a Trophy without a Dragon. It will just sit in their storage along with all the other useless items that are cluttering up the storage. At least with the Dragon they would most likely display it on their Islands like I have done with everyone of my Trophies & Dragons.

athenageez
10-08-16, 08:26 AM
None. I've placed in the top 3 once and in the top 10 twice.

I don't participate unless there is a habitat reward, then I'll just work towards that.

Kennedward
10-08-16, 08:44 AM
I have 5-Gold Trophies 1-Silver Trophy 1-Bronze Trophy. I knew I was going to come in 3rd place this time so I went ahead & bought the Cresent Dragon so that I would have a Dragon to go along with the Trophy. I feel that 3rd place winners should also get the Dragon as a prize too since they do get a Trophy & who wants a a Trophy without a Dragon. It will just sit in their storage along with all the other useless items that are cluttering up the storage. At least with the Dragon they would most likely display it on their Islands like I have done with everyone of my Trophies & Dragons.

Agreed, I've always said in leaderboard threads that 3rd place really got the worst prize of all, the trophy decor really is useless for most high level players.

If they do add a dragon prize to 3rd though, I can only see more boosting from other players, and there are already tons of players willing to boost just to get 1st and 2nd

Jrod333
10-08-16, 03:03 PM

I did that with the islander leaderboard. I new id not be 1st or 2nd so I just purchased islander. The rest of the leaderboards I came in 1st or 2nd. I still don't like these leaderboards but I have to have the dragons, it's all I care about, no room for any decor, so the trophies will just stay in storage

blueangel826
10-08-16, 09:06 PM
I won 2nd place in Skylord. But since I don't like competing against other players who have to spend lot of money to get the point total they do, I don't try to win but play my normal game during Leaderboards! I'd love to see them go away, but know that will never happen!!! Don't like that type of event in Dragon Story at all!

Kennedward
10-08-16, 09:21 PM
I won 2nd place in Skylord. But since I don't like competing against other players who have to spend lot of money to get the point total they do, I don't try to win but play my normal game during Leaderboards! I'd love to see them go away, but know that will never happen!!! Don't like that type of event in Dragon Story at all!

I dont like lb either, but can't help it cause we keep on getting them

papalove1
10-10-16, 12:17 PM
I have won 1 gold and 2 silver.
I always avoid getting 3rd place cause it's the worst prize by far. If it looks like I'm not going the get a dragon I just fall back to 4th or lower.
I don't spend gold that I would not normally use during regular play.

Kennedward
10-10-16, 06:12 PM
I have won 1 gold and 2 silver.
I always avoid getting 3rd place cause it's the worst prize by far. If it looks like I'm not going the get a dragon I just fall back to 4th or lower.
I don't spend gold that I would not normally use during regular play.

Agreed about 3rd prize, too bad I haven't made it to top 10 for awhile now, my previous groups all have tons of gold/money spending players, plus I also don't play full time since i have work to deal with

bakerystoe
10-11-16, 02:52 AM
I have won 4 leaderboards, all of them I cam in 1st. Other 3 I came in 4th or 5th or 3rd

PrairieGrass
10-11-16, 04:55 PM
I came in 2nd for Flying Flags (Patriotic dragon) and 1st for Perfect Paradise (Islander dragon). I fought it out with one person at the end for my Patriotic dragon, and no one else seemed interested during Perfect Paradise until the very last day when someone challenged me and I had to boost. After leading the whole time from normal play I didn't want to lose out on last day. But during most of the leaderboards, there are a couple people who have huge scores early on so I just try to get other dragons.

When I do use boosts, I use them strategically such as when I have 2 dragons done evolving, 1 ready to hatch on main island, and 1 ready to hatch and evolve on Arctic Isles. I have made some new neighbors from these events as one can really see who plays a lot so that's a plus.
I prefer the community events where I can usually get all dragons with normal play.

orleansparish
10-11-16, 05:31 PM
Ive come in first or second in all but two events.

One I didnt try to win and another where I came in third. But didnt care because I didnt really like the dragon.

As much as I want to save my gold for thanksgiving and Xmas if we get sales, my competitive spirit comes out and im like, beat the boys!

But this time im seriously going to save my gold to buy that last treasure dragon I need and upgrade a couple more habitats.

nicsdragonisle
10-12-16, 12:14 PM
Zero. Have lost by tens of thousands on every one on both games

islanddoll1
10-18-16, 03:09 PM
Came 1st once, won mama.