PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else annoyed?

nuttyangel_69
10-01-16, 04:21 AM
This may sound really petty but does anyone have the same problem as me when it comes to getting specific items from neighbours to complete timed quests?
I miss out every time on special quested items because you have to get specific items from neighbours; I send a request and despite having nearly 80 neighbours, I get barely anything; so unless I spend hundreds of gems, which I can't justify (or even afford) I miss out every single time.
One particular one I had 4 days left to complete the quest and I couldn't move on til of received the items from neighbours. At the end of the 4 days, I was still 6 short so missed out again!
It just makes me very disheartened. I play the game for enjoyment and to wind down and I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else to be on the game 24/7 either, but it would be nice to get one of these quests where we don't NEED an item from neighbours or where, instead of costing 10 gems per item to skip that bit which puts it into the hundreds to skip, it only cost say, 10 gems in total to skip ahead.
Also, the untimed quests needing spellbound items are becoming increasingly frustrating! It says you can get spellbound few from flowers, now I've got 60 flowers in my kingdom and when I collect from them all in one go I only get ONE dew out of 70 flowers! You need 20 to create one item! I get no more than 2 drop from the magic garden every time and although I purchased the dew bloom flower it has disappeared from my kingdom and my storage, I've no idea where that's gone and I can't purchase another to help amass more a bit quicker!
It took me nearly a month to get enough dew to create one spellbound beam! I know we don't want to complete these quests TOO quickly but it will take me 6 months just to create enough beams and block to upgrade ONE thing to level 6! Surely there's a better way?!

SpiritWind00
10-01-16, 05:00 AM
It may be time for a neighbour clearout. the deckhand goal should only take you about 15 mins. You should force close you game to get the requests to register though. Given the new ADD ME thread has loads of active neighbours, perhaps you can add some of those players.

Re spellbound dew: this is going to be a very long term goal for those without the Spellbound Dew flower. But, I think it's a bit similar to when we first started playing and got goals to upgrade the hatchery and stable to Level 3 or even some of the caravan goals which took months to do. Personally, for the energy vs drops of dew, I wouldn't bother with flowers unless you are making dye or crafting things so that petals don't go to waste. I'm sure that as time goes on, there will be more items with spellbound dew drops. Hang in there! :)

ileeas
10-01-16, 07:33 AM
I am a active player, if you would like to add me, ileeas is my id. I am in the same boat as you, missing out on some quests because of how long it takes to get items from neighbours. I did put my name on one of the add me lists and that helped a lot with getting active neighbours.

brigadoon365
10-01-16, 09:55 AM
Store your flowers...they are a waste of energy vs return for the dew. Just slowly and consistently collect from Ivy's house and you'll get there eventually. I am making my fourth spellbound item right now and I'm maxed on every petal so I've gotten pretty much every one I needed from Ivy.

Go through your neighbors and purge them. Go on visits and if they don't have ANY recent items....even going back to the free dragon we all got quite awhile ago, delete them. I know I haven't finished some recent ones like the music thing so I don't bother having them out, but at the least they should have the dragon. I was pretty conservative with my editing but it really helped a lot. If you are sending requests to non players that slows you down.

comeseecomesah
10-01-16, 10:20 AM
Regarding the dew bloom...if you had it and it has disappeared,then you should email S8. I'm pretty sure they can have a look at your purchases and see that you bought one. Mine has been valuable to me, and under the present shortage of getting dew from other sources, if my bloom disappeared I'd wear out my keyboard emailing til I got it back lol

brigadoon365
10-02-16, 02:42 PM
Whoa, I missed that your dew flower disappeared! That's not right. For sure contact them about that issue. That is a lot of gems to lose.

sera520
10-03-16, 07:11 AM
add me sera520 i like neighbors like you i will respond to your needs

SpiritWind00
10-04-16, 02:41 AM
Spotty nutty, I didn't see that either about your gem plant. I'll flag this with the team for you and ask them to check your game.

ladyperidot
10-04-16, 04:28 AM
Store your flowers...they are a waste of energy vs return for the dew. Just slowly and consistently collect from Ivy's house and you'll get there eventually. I am making my fourth spellbound item right now and I'm maxed on every petal so I've gotten pretty much every one I needed from Ivy.

Go through your neighbors and purge them. Go on visits and if they don't have ANY recent items....even going back to the free dragon we all got quite awhile ago, delete them. I know I haven't finished some recent ones like the music thing so I don't bother having them out, but at the least they should have the dragon. I was pretty conservative with my editing but it really helped a lot. If you are sending requests to non players that slows you down.

I keep a list that has the names of my neighbors that have asked me for something during these neighbor requests. These are the people I ask since I figure they are probably still playing. I know I have lots of inactive neighbors

SpiritWind00
10-05-16, 04:00 AM
... although I purchased the dew bloom flower it has disappeared from my kingdom and my storage, I've no idea where that's gone and I can't purchase another to help amass more a bit quicker!
Hi, your game was checked. I'll send you a PM with the outcome. Closing thread as issue resolved.