PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SpiritWind00
09-29-16, 12:47 AM
The Elves

Main Storyline. Not timed.
Goal Pre-requisites: none.

FOR MORE INFO PLEASE GO TO THE HUB! - Link to the Hub post on the Elven Outpost (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-How-it-works)

YOU CANNOT MOVE THE ELVEN OUTPOST...

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes&p=1356633&viewfull=1#post1356633)

I've flagged the invisible outpost with the team. There is a bugs thread to monitor this issue, so please post about this issue there. I will move all related posts to the bugs thread shortly if you're looking for your post.

Do not post about this issue in this thread please...

PART 1 - UNLOCKING THE FEATHER
You get a Feather for completing these goals (after step 5). The Feather is what you need for the 'Help a Giant Bird' to expand to the Elven Outpost.
Dialogue:Ruler: Ivy! What's going on out here? The animals seem particularly unruly today...
Ivy: I'm not sure. They've been making a ruckus all morning! They're starting to bother the merchants, so I came to see what's going on. But nothing I try seems to work! They just won't calm down...
Ruler: Don't worry, Ivy. I'm sure we'll figure it out. Let me help you look around. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Ivy: Thanks for your help! I just wish I knew how to calm them down...
1. My Chicken Sense Is Tingling
* Harvest animals 0/10 CHECK (skip 20 gems)
* Harvest Stables 0/4 EXAMINE (skip 8 gems)
* Harvest Hatcheries 0/4 SEARCH (skip 8 gems)
Rewards: 410 coin, 3 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: Did you see that? Hey!!! Who goes there?!
Dialogue:Ivy: You, there! Stop right where you are!
Ruler: Who is that, Ivy?
Ivy: I'm not sure, i don't think I've ever seen them before...
Ruler: Alright, come on out where we can see you. Slowly!
Adamir: ...
Ruler: ...Well, that was easy enough!
Ivy: Whoa, an Elf! I don't think I've seen any Elves around here before...
Ruler: Who are you? What are you doing here?
Adamir: S-Sorry! My name is Adamir. I'm afraid I'm in need of help, but... well, it's been quite long since I've seen humans, and ...
Ruler: It's okay. You're not the first one around here to be wary of us... Why don't you come join us at one of our taverns? You can tell us more over some warm food and refreshing drink.
Adamir: O-Oh! Ar... yes, that would be very nice! Thank you!

Ivy: This guy is really weird. "Adamir," huh? Can we trust him? I guess he *looks* harmless enough...
2. A Stranger In The Wood
* Visit a level 6 tavern 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) |upgrade to L6 is 3 Spellbound Beam, 3 Spellbound Block, 20 Truffle, 3 Hearty Stew
* Serve 3 spicy feasts 0/3 EAT (skip 90 gems)
Rewards: 1800 coin, 7 xp
Congratulations: Adamir: Thank you for showing me such kindness! You see--
Dialogue:Thurston: MY LIEGE!
Ruler: Whoa! Sir Thurston, what's wrong?
Thurston: It is most terrible, My Liege! A beast the likes of which I've never seen!
Ruler: What?! Where?
Thurston: The foul creature was last spotted tromping about the Glimmerwood!
Ruler: Okay. You go ahead and gather the knights. I'll grab what swords and armor I can find and meet you at the forest's edge!
Adamir: ...!

Sir Thurston: Please hurry, My Liege! 'Tis but a matter of time before that thing roams through the kingdom!
3. Nasty, Big, Pointy Talons!
* Rally the knights! 0/10 GO (skip 50 gems) | visit watchtowers or lantern spires
* Equip longswords 0/5 GIVE (skip 20 gems)
* Equip light armor 0/5 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
Congratulations: Thurston: There, My Liege! Can you see it lurking betwixt the trees?
Dialogue:Nadina (bird): *SCREEEEECH!*
Ruler: Whoa, that thing is *huge*!!!
Thurston: I warned you, My Liege!
Ruler: Alright, knights! Ready your swords!!!
Thurston: On my mark! FOR THE GLIM--
Adamir: Wait!!!
Thurston: What? Stand aside, citizen! We are here to protect you from this monster!
Adamir: No! Please, lower your weapons! This is no monster!
Ruler: Huh?
Nadina: *SCREECH! SCREEEEECH!*
Adamir: Ah! I know, I know! I am sorry, i should never have left you here!
Ruler: Wait, Adamir... You know this thing?
Nadina: *angry glare*
Adamir: P-Please, calm yourself, Nadina! They mean no disrespect, I am sure! Ah... yes... I am sorry I did not alert you sooner, kind Ruler... This beautiful, majestic creature is Nadina, my Cloudsparrow.
Thurston: That is no "sparrow", friend. That is an outright terror!
Nadina: *SCREEECH! *
Thurston: Eek!
Adamir: I admit, the Cloudsparrow can be quite the intimidating figure... But, I promise you she is no threat to your people and kingdom!
Ruler: Okay... I think we'll be the judge of that, in time. Right now, though, she looks pretty aggressive.
Adamir: My apologies... You see, she's rather upset with me at present... We're on something of an "ambassador" mission, looking to rekindle old alliances. A sudden storm forced us to take an emergency landing. she had to land without a suitable perch, and injured her talon in the process.
Ruler: I see. Is this the "help" you mentioned earlier?
Adamir: Yes. I am sorry I didn't clarify things earlier...
Ruler: It's fine. I'm just glad we got to her before she ran into the kingdom. Sir Thurston, you stay here with Nadina, Adamir, and the knights.
Thurston: Very well, My Liege! I shall ensure they do no harm to the kingdom!
Nadina: *glare*
Thurston: A-And that no harm comes *their* way, either!
Ruler: Thank you Sir Thurston.
Adamir: Where are you headed, if I may ask... ?
Ruler: Luckily for Nadina, we have the perfect person for the job! Ivy's great with animals! She'll be able to fix her right up in no time.

A Cloudsparrow? No way! I've heard so much about them, but I've never seen one for real! How exciting!!!
4. A Beauty Or A Beast?
* Prepare Avian Feasts 0/3 MAKE ( skip 45 gems) | Kitchen, 3 hours - 30 seeds, 3 magic fruit, 5 rat tails
* Craft Cloth Bandages 0/5 WEAVE (skip 50 gems) | Workshop, 2 hours - 10 wool, 10 sap, 1000 coin
Congratulations: Ivy: Alright, I'm all set! Now take me to the Cloudsparrow!
Dialogue:Nadina: *glowering*
Adamir: Just a little while longer, Nadina. Help will be here soon...
Thurston: Ah! There they are now!
Ruler: Hey guys! Adamir, you remember Ivy? From the tavern?
Adamir: Ah, yes! A pleasure to see you again, Miss Ivy.
Ivy: Hiya, Adamir! And this beg sweetie here must be Nadina?
Nadina: ...
Ivy: Aw, she's precious! Here, girl--you hungry?
Nadina: !!!
Ivy: Go ahead and dig in! there's more back at my hut. Why don't you follow me on back so we can get your foot cleaned and bandaged?
Nadina: *croons*!
Ivy: Good girl! Come on, it's this way!
Adamir: Wow... Ivy is amazing! I cannot believe she got Nadina to cooperate so easily!
Ruler: Yup, that's Ivy for you! Let's follow and help Nadina get situated.

Ivy: Fresh food, clean bandages and a place to rest are the perfect recipe for a healthy Cloudsparrow!
5. Feathery Friendship
* Feed Nadina 0/3 GIVE (skip 45 gems)
* Bandage Nadina's Talon 0/5 WRAP (skip 50 gems)
* Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 GO (skip 15 gems)
Rewards: 410 coin, 3 xp, 1 Feather
Congratulations: Ivy: Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! My roof wo't hold out much longer...

PART 2 - UNLOCKING THE EXPANSION SQUARE
Dialogue:Ruler: How's Nadina doing, Ivy?
Ivy: She's the greatest ever! Her feathers are so pretty, and her beak is the strongest I've seen, and--
Ruler: I was more talking about her foot...
Ivy: Oh, that! I've got her foot cleaned and bandaged now. It shouldn't be long before she's well enough to fly again!
Adamir: That's wonderful! Thank you so much for taking care of her, Ivy!
Ivy: Happy to help!
Adamir: I suppose, now that things have settled down, I ow you both some answers...
Ruler: A few, yeah. Should we start with where you and Nadina come from?
Adamir: Well, the cloud cities, of course!
Ruler: Wait, the... what? Cloud cities?
Adamir: I'd hoped you would know of them, though I can't say I'm surprised you do not.
Ivy: I've heard of them! Well, I'd heard of Cloudsparrows, anyway... Though, I thought they were just stories until the Ruler told me about Nadina.
Adamir: Well, it's all true! We Elves live in beautiful cities mounted upon the clouds.
Ruler: Cities in the clouds? How is that even possible?
Adamir: The Cloudsparrows are naturally able to perch upon the clouds. They inspired us, and we developed a way to imbue buildings with latent magic.
Ruler: Neat! But, why haven't we ever seen you all, or even heard of you?
Adamir: Unfortunately, our alliances with other lands fell apart hundred of years ago. I was but an infant, back then!
Ruler/Ivy thinking: !!! (How old *is* this guy...?!)
Adamir: Because of that, our Outposts were abandoned and fell into disrepair.
Ruler: Outposts?
Adamir: Ah, sorry! We once used them to engage in trade with other lands. I'd hoped to find and repair one, and reconnect my people with our old allies.
Ruler: Interesting... So there's one nearby? I'd like to learn more about your people!
Adamir: Yes, there should be!
Ivy: Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go find us an Outpost!

Adamir: It would be my greatest joy to re-establish one of our old Outposts! I'm told they used to be everywhere...
1. Past Finder
* Reach Level 30
* Find the Elven Outpost 0/1 GO | Expansion requirements: Help a giant bird (get the feather from part 1 goals), 1200 Royal Points, 9 Wisp Lanterns (skip 135 gems), 35,000 Coins
Congratulations: Adamir: There, there! Up in that tree! Hurry, let's take a look around!

PART 3 - UNLOCKING THE ELVEN OUTPOST
Dialogue:Ivy: Whoa... This place is ancient!
Adamir: Ah! Watch your footing! This place hasn't been touched in a hundred years... It is truly fascinating!
Ruler: Fascinating, perhaps, but also dangerous. We should get the place fixed up before we investigate too much further.
Adamir: Oh... Yes, you are right... I hate to burden you all with such a troublesome task. If you were to help me repair the Outpost, however, I would be much obliged!
Ruler: Sure, why not? I'd really like to learn more about the Elves, and our history together. This seems like a great opportunity to do just that!
Ivy: Yeah, and I wanna learn more about the Cloudsparrows! They used the Outposts to roost down here, right?
Adamir: Yes, they did! They have trouble landing elsewhere.
Ruler: Sounds like it's settled, then. Let's get to work repairing this Outpost!

Adamir: Nadina and I are grateful for your assistance, my friends! These are the materials we need...
1. Elven Restoration
* Give Adamir royal beams 0/2 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
* Give Adamir royal blocks 0/2 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
* Give Adamir architect's paste 0/1 GIVE (skip 30 gems)
* Give Adamir a lumin essence 0/1 GIVE (skip 10 gems)
Congratulations: Adamir: Excellent, these will do perfectly!
Dialogue:Adamir: Wonderful, wonderful! I believe that is everything, my friends!
Ivy: Woohoo!
Ruler: Now that we've got all the materials, the repairs should be pretty easy. Let's get to work!

Adamir: We are so close... I can hardly wait to see what's inside this ancient structure!
2. The Final Touches
* Tap the Elven Outpost 0/1 GO
Congratulations: Adamir: Complete at last! Come on in, everyone!
Dialogue:Adamir: Wonderful, wonderful! Come in, my friends!!!
Ivy: Hey wait up!
Ruler: He sure seems excited, huh?
Ivy: Wouldn't you be, too? he said he was a kid when the Elves stopped using the Outposts. He's probably never seen one before...
Ruler: Hmm...
Adamir: Hey! What's taking you two so long? Don't you want to see inside?
Ruler: Sorry, we're coming up now!
Adamir: It's like nothing I'd ever imagined... !
Ivy: Wow! This place is filled with all sorts of neat things!
Ruler: These artifacts must be ancient... I wonder if there are any texts lying around? I bet Old Thomas would jump at the opportunity to read some Elven scrolls!
Adamir: Oh, all that's alright, I suppose... But, can you believe this *craftsmanship*?!
Ruler/Ivy: ...?
Adamir: The fine grain of the wood, the smooth polish of the stone... !
Ivy: Uh... Yeah, I guess that's pretty neat. You must really like construction, huh?
Adamir: Yes, very much! It is something of a passion of mine! Erm... S-Sorry, I suppose it's a bit odd...
Ivy: That's okay! Everyone has their interests. Old Thomas really likes that stuff too, in fact. I bet you'd get along great!
Ruler: Hey, check these out! They look like... records of some sort? I can't read this language, though. Adamir, can you tell what it says?
Adamir: Ah! Those are request forms. They details what resources we need back home. It's a long journey, so we gather the materials here for a single delivery.
Ruler: It's been a really long time. You think they still need this stuff?
Adamir: We live in the clouds, Kind Ruler! We have neither trees nor mines... save for the occasional drifting mountain peak, of course!
Ruler: Oh, right. Well, how about we try sending a delivery? You know, as a show of good will, and to let them know the Outpost is open again!
Adamir: Ah, yes! Wonderful! I'll prepare Nadina right away!!!

Adamir: Thanks to Ivy, Nadina's foot looks good as new! She's rested up and ready for our very first delivery!
3. Off And Away!
* Deliver an outpost request 0/1 GO | Note, you only have to Deliver 1 of the 6 trades.
Congratulations: Adamir: Your first delivery has been secured!
Dialogue:Ruler: All done! ...Wait, why isn't she heading back? Is something wrong?
Adamir: Oh, no, nothing's wrong! It's just that the journey can be long and treacherous. Because of that, we try to minimize how many trips Nadina makes to the city. Nadina will only return to the city when she's received all six Requests.
Ruler: Ah, I see! What happens then?
Adamir: At that point, I will pay you with runes from the Outpost's stores!
Ruler: Runes? I'm guessing that's a kind of payment?
Adamir: Yes, in a manner of speaking! We use them so you can acquire the goods and services *you* want, rather than restrict you to a particular item or resource!
Ruler: Got it. I can't wait to see how many Runes we get from the delivery!

Info at top of goal
4. Rune Running
* Send an Outpost Delivery (Deliver all six Requests and send Nadina off!)
* Collect Runes from the Elven Outpost (Get Runes when you deliver all six requests!)
Rewards: 410 coin, 3 xp, 8 bronze runes
Congratulations: Adamir: My people have approved a small gift of a few extra Runes for you. It seems they're eager to resume trade with the Glimmerwood!
Dialogue:Ivy: Whoa! Was that Nadina? she looks so happy to be flying again!
Adamir: Yes, she does! It's all thanks to your handiwork, Miss Ivy... Thank you!
Ivy: Aww shucks, it was nothing! I was happy to help that big ol' sweetie.
Ruler: Hey, Ivy! Check out these Runes Adamir gave us!
Ivy: Ooo! They're so pretty! What do they do?
Ruler: They don't *do* anything. It's a form of currency!
Ivy: Aww...
Adamir: Ah! N-Not to worry, Miss Ivy. There are many magical things you can purchase with Runes!
Ivy: Oh? Like what? Can I see?
Adamir: Yes, yes! I found the Outpost's old exchange records. These texts list out all of the things you can purchase with your Runes.
Ivy: Ooo, it even has pictures! so, what'll it be Ruler? What should we buy first?
Ruler: Oh, um... I'm not too sure... Does anything look interesting to you?
Ivy: this Elvenite Slab looks pretty! What's it for, Adamir?
Adamir: Oh! With that, you'll be able mine your own Elvenite! It's a rare resource we use in many of our crafting techniques,
Ruler: Sounds like it'd be pretty useful to have around here, huh? Alright, sure! Let's give that a try, then.
Ivy: Hooray!!!

Adamir: With an Elvenite Slab, you'll be able to mine your own supply of Elvenite, right here in your kingdom!
5. Resourceful Returns
* Purchase an elvenite slab 0/1 GET (skip 20 gems) | 8 bronze runes (can be cleared in 10 actions)
Rewards: 10 gems, 3 xp
Congratulations: Adamir: Thank you for your support of the Elves, Kind Ruler. I hope you will enjoy all that my people have to offer you!

PART 4 - UNLOCKING THE RELIQUARY
Dialogue:Ruler: Hey there, Adamir! What's up?
Adamir: Oh, ah... I... I just wanted to thank you again for helping me with the Outpost. Nadina and I truly appreciate the kindness you have shown us.
Ruler: Our pleasure! We strive to help those in need as much as possible around here.
Adamir: It's refreshing to hear that, Kind Ruler.
Ruler: ...Hm? What do you mean?
I missed a screen here... can someone remember to record it for me please! SW
Adamir: Ah! Erm... I-It's nothing, don't mind me! I would love to learn more about your people. Might I bother you for a tour?
Ruler: Oh, sure thing. Right this way!

Adamir: If I am to be a proper relay between your people and mine, I should do what I can to familiarize myself with your culture!
1. Le Tour De Glimmerwood
* Introduce Adamir to the kingdom 0/10 MEET (skip 50 gems)
* Enjoy a play with Adamir 0/1 WATCH (skip 20 gems) | visit a level 6 Theater
* Walk Adamir through the gardens 0/1 STROLL (skip 20 gems) | visit a level 6 Conservatory
Congratulations: Adamir: Thank yo for showing me around, Kind Ruler. Your kingdom is truly magnificent!
Dialogue:Ruler: Uh-oh! Cloudsparrow, coming in hot!
Adamir: Huh? Nadina? I wonder what's--
Nadina: *screech, screeeeech!*
Adamir: Ah! C-Calm yourself, please! What's wrong?
Nadina: *gestures frantically toward the sky*
Adamir: Oh, dear...
Ruler: What? What is it, Adamir?
Adamir: Erm, well... You recall the storm I mentioned earlier?
Ruler: yeah, sort of. The one that forced you guys to land here?
Adamir: Yes. I had thought the storm had passed, but it seems to have returned!
Ruler: Oh... Well, it should calm back down again, right?
Nadina: *screeeeeeeech!!!*
Ruler: Uh... I guess not... ?
Adamir: This storm is like nothing we've seen before. It possesses very odd qualities...Nadina here suspects it may be magical in nature.
Ruler: I see. We'd better consult an expert, then!
Adamir: Oh! Miss Ivy, perhaps?
Ruler: ... I take it you've never seen Ivy when she's brewing potions?
Adamir: Er... No...

Adamir: I shall leave it to your judgement then, Kind Ruler. Did you have someone else in mind?
2. An Expert Opinion
* Recruit Magic expert | this goal will auto complete if you have Old Thomas' House and have completed the goal, Fashion Police
* Consult Lady Greselda 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Congratulations: Greselda: yes? Do you need something, Young Ruler?
Dialogue:Greselda: What is it? Can't you see I'm busy dealing with my plants?
Ruler: Sorry, Lady Greselda. This is something of an emergency.
Greselda: When is it not? ... Who is this?
Adamir: Ah! H-Hello, Ma'am! My name is Adamir. I'm an Elf from--
Greselda: What do you want?
Adamir: Er, right! Sorry! My Cloudsparrow and I are a good bit worried. You see, there's--
Greselda: Wait, did you say "Cloudsparrow"?
Adamir: Ah... Yes... ?
Greselda: Intriguing... Continue.
Adamir: Um! Yes! Right. So we're a bit perplexed by a storm brewing--
Greselda: Yes, I noticed. Quite the nice change of weather, isn't it?
Adamir: Er... Well... That storm... It has my Cloudsparrow and I troubled. It appeared out of nowhere!
Greselda: Storm do that fro time to time, you know.
Adamir: yes, but this one seems... abnormal. We suspect it may be...
Greselda: ...Magical?
Adamir: Y-Yes... ?
Greselda: ...
Ruler / Adamir ... ?
Greselda: *rushes off* My peonies... !

Adamir: Well, she seems... pleasant... ! Where did she go? And what was that about... "peonies," was it?
3. Peony Predictions
* Follow Lady Greselda around her garden 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems) | visit Greselda's Dark Garden Maze
Congratulations: Adamir: Ah, there she is! ...Are all of her plants this terrifying?
Dialogue:Ruler: ...Lady Greselda? Is everything okay?
Greselda: No, it isn't. Do you see these flowers?
Ruler: yeah. What about them?
Greselda: These are Nimbus Peonies, a rare plant which leans towards saturated clouds.
Ruler: Oh! Kind of like how sunflowers lean towards the sun?
Greselda: Indeed. Anyhow, they've been behaving oddly as of late. I had presumed it was simply because of how many storm clouds are about. However, if that storm truly is magical in nature...
Adamir: Oh! The magical clouds could be what's confusing the peonies?
Greselda: ...Yes ...Remind me, why are you here in our kingdom?
Adamir: Ah... W-Well, I'm an Outpost Messenger, from one of the Elven cloud cities.
Greselda: Never heard of it. In any case, I'd say this supports your suspicions about that storm. As flattered as I am by your acknowledgement of my expertise, Young Ruler I'm afraid I will need an assistant to properly decipher this peculiarity.
Adamir: Like Miss Ivy?
Greselda: Yes. She still has much to learn, but...this should be an excellent opportunity to teach her more of the craft...

Adamir: I might have been able to help, but Lady Greselda doesn't seem to like me much... anyway, I'm sure Ivy would love to lend a hand!
4. Communing with Clouds
* Fetch Ivy 0/1 GET (skip 10 gems)
* Return to Lady Greselda's Castle 0/1 VISIT (skip 15 gems)
Rewards: 410 coin, 3 xp + Reliquary unlocks
Congratulations: Ivy: A lesson in magic? I can't wait to start!
Dialogue:Ivy: Hiya, Lady Greselda! I hear you could use a hand with something?
Greselda: I could. Have the Young Ruler and Adamir filled you in?
Ivy: Nope, not yet. They just said it had something to do with that storm?
Greselda: Yes. In short, we suspect it may be magical in nature. We need to determine if this is truly the case, and if so what is causing it.
Ivy: got it. Hmm... This is tricky...
Greselda: Indeed. Without an certainty of its nature, we can't create a counter-hex.
Ivy: Which means we can't charm something to point us in the right direction, either.
Greselda: What we need is some sort of generic detection mechanism...
Adamir: ...Like a compass, perhaps?
Greselda: Yes, that-- ...You are still here?
Adamir: S-Sorry, I... I just find all of this terribly fascinating, and... Well, I'd like to help, if I can!
Ivy: Don't worry, Lady Greselda. I can vouch for him! He may be a bit odd and quiet and awkward--
Adamir: ...
Ivy: --but he's really nice, and knows a lot about Elf stuff!
Greselda: I would hope so. He *is* an Elf. In any case, yes. What we need is some kind of... magic compass. Something we can calibrate to point to particular types of magic.
Ivy: Yeah! That would tell us not only *if* that cloud is magical but also where it's coming from!
Adamir: I believe I can create something that will help in this regards! Elvenite is particularly sensitive to magic. It's the key ingredient in our magic-infused crafting techniques!
Greselda: Your point, if you please?
Adamir: Ah, y-yes, of course! With the proper equipment, I can create an Elvenite Node. The node will point towards the strongest sources of magic! Kind of like you peonies, eh heh...
Greselda: ...The "proper equipment," you say?
Adamir: Erm, yes... We would need to construct an Elven Reliquary. You can buy the blueprints for one with Runes.
Greselda: Those things the Young Ruler gets from your "Outpost", you mean?
Adamir: y-Yes... Is... that a problem... ?
Greselda: You will have to ask the Young Ruler. I find it interesting, is all.

Greselda: Adamir's proposal is the best... well, the ONLY... plan we have, at present. Return here when he has finished creating this "node" of his.
5. No Ordinary Reliquary
* Construct an Elven Reliquary 0/1 BUILD | costs 8 runes
* Acquire Elvenite 0/40 | comes from mines and by chopping elvenite slabs in the Rune Market
* Forge an Elvenite Node 0/1 CRAFT (skip 15 gems) | Reliquary, 1 hour - 40 elvenite, 10 living wood, 2 enchanter's essence
Congratulations: Greselda: Ah, I see his work is complete. shall we take a look?
Dialogue:

For this special brew, we will need to combine Adamir's Elvenite with some local Glimmerdust and Earth Wisps. That should point the Elvenite Node in the proper direction...
6. With Our Magics Combined
* Collect Glimmerdust 0/20 | ones in inventory count
* Craft Earth Wisps 0/5 | ones in inventory count
* Concoct a Glimmerite Elixir 0/1 BREW (skip 200 gems) | Reliquary, 3 hours - 30 elvenite, 20 glimmerdust, 5 earth wisps (speed up is 12 gems)
* Apply the Glimmerite Elixir 0/1 GIVE
Congratulations: Greselda: Very good, My Dears! Now, where exactly is our friends' little trinket leading us... ?
Dialogue:Ivy: Ooo, look! It's working!
Greselda: Excellent! It seems to be directing us into the Glimmerwood....
Ivy: Wait... doesn't that mean it could just be pointing to other local magics?
Greselda: It's possible, yes. However, that will determine the validity of our theory. If the node does not lead us to the source of the storm then the storm is not born of magic.
Ivy: Ahh, I see! ... But, what then? We'll be out of leads!
Greselda: Knowing what to *ignore* can be just as useful as knowing what check.
Ivy: That's true. Alright, Adamir! You ready to venture back into the Glimmerwood?
Adamir: Ah! yes, I am! But, should we not bring the Ruler with us?
Greselda: For once, I actually agree with you...

Ivy: Are you ready, Ruler? It could be dangerous... Make sure you've well for anything!
7. Storm Chasers
* Eat a hearty feast 0/1 FEAST (skip 30 gems)
* Follow the elvenite node 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems)
Congratulations: Ivy: Hmm... I think... we might be lost...
Dialogue:Ivy: Lady Greselda, are we lost? I don't see anything...
Greselda: Nor I, Miss Ivy. It seems we may be wrong about this storm after all...
Ruler: Wait, there! What's that, lodged in the ground?
Ivy: Huh? That's just a rock, isn't it?
Adamir: Oh, no! That's no rock, Miss Ivy...Look here, upon its side.
Ivy: That writing! It matches the text from the Outpost!
Adamir: Yes! It appears to be an ancient, Elven relic!
Greselda: An *Elven* relic hm? And just what, my dear Adamir, would an ELVEN relic be doing in the Glimmerwood?
Adamir: I... I d-don't know! I had nothing to do with this-- honest!
Greselda: Well, conveniently enough for *you*, it matters not if you're telling the truth. Either way, you're the most likely to know how to resolve this, aren't you?
Adamir: Y-Yes, I... I suppose... But even I am limited in this regard, Lady Greselda! I wish it were not so, but my knowledge of ancient relics is quite limited.
Ruler: What about Old Thomas? He might have something in his archives we can reference.
Greselda: It is worth a look, at least. I propose we consult Old Thomas's records. In the meantime...
Adamir: Erm... I should brave the storm, and ask around the cloud city... ?
Greselda: Yes. Scurry on home, Little Elf, and gather all the information you can find. We must be thorough when it comes to magic totems such as this. Especially one powerful enough to create storms *that* severe!

Greselda: I do not trust that elf, Young Ruler. However, we do not have any choice in the matter--without his aid, we will never learn more about the relic... and these mysterious Elves.
8. A Turbulent Totem
* Send an outpost delivery 0/1 SEND (skip 50 gems)
* Scour the Old Thomas archives 0/3 SEARCH (skip 30 gems)
Congratulations: Old Thomas: Young Ruler, I think I may have found something! ...Wait, where did I put that scroll? Ahh... My apologies, I may need a moment...

PART 5 - UNLOCKING THE APOTHECARY
These goals start after Le Tour De Glimmerwood, but before Expert Opinion.
Dialogue:Adamir: How are you enjoying the Outpost, Kind Ruler?
Ruler: It's definitely brought new, cool things to the kingdom, that's for sure!
Adamir: I'm glad you enjoy it!
Ruler: I did have a question, though.
Adamir: Oh? is... Something wrong...?
Ruler: What? No! Not at all! I was just curious about some of these buildings. What are they, exactly?
Adamir: Ah, I see! Yes, I can explain that! As the Glimmerwood's Ambassador, I'm happy to offer my services as a Spellmason.
Ruler: A what now?
Adamir: Sorry! That's what we call craftsmen that employ magic-driven techniques.
Ruler: I see. So, you're a Spellmason!
Adamir: Y-Yes, I... I am!
Ruler: Okay, neat. So, what sorts of things can you make?
Adamir: All kinds of things! Our most popular crafts, however, are boosts. They're unique spells, which can augment a kingdom's resource production! For example, we can increase a crop's yields, or hasten a workshop's production.
Ruler: Interesting...
Adamir: All I need in order to make these things for you is an Apothecary.

Let me know when you've acquired an Apothecary, and I will be happy to demonstrate this technique for you!
1. Augmenting Realities
* Purchase the Apothecary 0/1 BUY | 8 bronze runes
Rewards: 5 silver runes, 10 bronze runes
Congratulations: Adamir: I see you have constructed an Apothecary, Kind Ruler! Come, come,melt me show you its wonders!
Dialogue:Adamir: Welcome to the Apothecary, Kind Ruler!
Ruler: Cool! Alright, Adamir, show me what you can do!
Adamir: Gladly! I provided you with enough Runes to make a Fast Worker boost. While active, your Workshops will complete their tasks much faster than normal!
Ruler: That sounds useful!
Adamir: Come on inside, and I will show you how it is done!

I already have everything I need to make one Fast Worker boost for you. All you need to do is say the word, and I will make it for you!
2. Working Wonders
* Craft a fast worker boost 0/1 GO
Congratulations: Your boost in now complete! I hope you find it useful!
Dialogue:
The Fast Worker boost will reduce how long it takes for your Workshops to make items. Craft something while the boost is active to take advantage of its effects!
3. Crafting Overdrive!
* Activate the Fast Worker Boost 0/1 ACTIVATE
* Craft anything in the workshop 0/1 MAKE
Rewards: 5 silver runes, 4 bronze runes
Congratulations: I hope you enjoyed the demonstration, Kind Ruler! Here are some extra Runes to get you started towards your next boost!

End of goal.

You'll use elvenite for crafting in the Reliquary when you reach that goal. It's used to make elvenite nodes and elvenite elixir.

SpiritWind00
09-29-16, 12:47 AM
​Building Requirements:
The Elven Outpost (available from Level 30) (5x5) limit 1 Cannot be sold or moved
Build: comes fully built. This building is on your board on the western (left) side.

33742 33743

Items to add to the Inventory Guide: COMPLETE AND IN THE INVENTORY GUIDE.

Note: If you send some items prior to completing the entire order, you will lose those items. If you don't want to part with even one item in the group, don't tick any of the items. Let the trade expire.

READ POST 9!

sourp4tch
09-29-16, 11:34 AM
Ever see a city float? Lift your eyes towards the clouds, and you may be surprised at what you find there! Very rarely, you might catch a glimpse of giant birds gliding about tall, gleaming towers and glistening palaces. Even if you don't believe me, is it not worth a look, just in case? Someone might be waiting for you to find them!

[==Update requires Level 27+ on Version 1.6, and will be here to stay.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: ELVES

sourp4tch
09-29-16, 02:47 PM
Castle Story Version 1.6 is now live! Update your games to receive the new feature and content :D

Hope you all enjoy!!!

kdgulle
09-29-16, 02:52 PM
I can't expand there. :(:confused:

meme1098
09-29-16, 02:52 PM
*****Here's some great instructions for the Outpost by CoCoMom:

As I understand it - we know the following:
#1:If you click on one or more of the 6 items offered they will be removed from your inventory immediately.
#2:If you click on the Deliver All button (it doesn't say that but it should) all items will be removed from your inventory and delivered immediately, whether you have checked them off individually or not.
#3:The only way to receive runes is to fill all 6 requested items.
#4:When a request is made it starts an 18 hr timer - you have 18 hrs to complete the trade, if the timer expires the trade will no longer be valid.
#5:When you click the Deliver All button - you receive runes immediately - and there is a 4 hr timer established before a new trade appears. In the mean time there is a list of items that will be asked for in the next trade.

AND -

#6:If you have one or more items selected for delivery and you let the time expire without clicking on the Deliver All button, the items you selected - that were removed from inventory as per #1 are lost forever and you receive no runes as payment.

SO - DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING UNLESS U ARE WILLING TO TRADE ALL OF THE 6 ITEMS ASKED FOR

zoroak
09-29-16, 02:54 PM
I don't have the update in the App Store, SourP4tch

Nor do we in the UK App Store

ktorewqas
09-29-16, 02:54 PM
WARNING: You cannot do partial trades! If you click on deliver of any of the 6 items and/or the Deliver on the right side of the screen you are agreeing to trade ALL 6 items!

netwiz3
09-29-16, 02:56 PM
Up front so nobody misses it:

WARNING: You cannot do partial trades! If you click on deliver of any of the 6 items and/or the Deliver on the right side of the screen you are agreeing to trade ALL 6 items!

Now please continue to read below...
Adding this info from a later post so it's seen early by people starting this event...

First post in a while on this thread as I'd been waiting to see the rules before playing. Please all of those who have been burned already don't take this negatively as the only person to blame for the issues so far is S8 with the lack of clarity this was delivered...

That being said; as the real players of this game(since our goals and S8s are sometimes not aligned) ;), we as a community need to figure out how to work around the hurdles they place in front of us. I know it's very often tempting to give up on S8 and just stop playing but I think a lot of us are actually more in it for that community and long time game play versus the implementation of event/feature XYZ.

For this event it appears it is very similar to other games and you should ONLY do a trade IF you carefully weigh all 6 items and how hard they will be to replenish. If any of the items are hard to get and often needed for other tasks simply wait for the next trade no matter how tempted you are to move along.

This in fact is VERY similar to even CS quests where especially for lower level players or players with low stock of many items, it is VERY advisable to wait for others to go first and see what the steps are and then determine if you should try the event at all. Once you start the event and begin giving away items to accomplish the goals in the event, they are gone forever regardless if you make the final item.(in essence S8 steals them) Thus, you've gotta weigh the risk/reward on every event and let any very challenging one pass by no matter how tempting the "carrot" at the end seems.

I know everyone is ready to start this new expansion right now and start getting the brand new "carrots", but urge everyone to be patient and treat this as one of the long term goals that you'll eventually one day be able to achieve.(like sister, sister).

As for the Dew, unless you want to splurge and buy the Blossom, the only thing worth doing right now is to continue checking Ivy's every chance you get and slowly get 3 leafs per successful drop. I've seen no increased drop rate on flower petals when replenishing the petals I've used for other tasks. Again, resist the temptation to use every energy you have to continue harvest flowers after you're maxed out the individual petals as the drops are VERY RARE so the energy could be better utilized stocking up on more common materials used in quests/events.

I know for many/most of us this will greatly slow down achieving things in this new expansion but seems to be the best alternative at this time. Besides, it seems like with the high bar that we've been given to even start this quest, S8 will have to continue MOST events going forward without requiring stuff from this expansion. They'll be spending a lot of time resources already on just working the bugs out of what we have now as well.

Overall this does help give long term players something to continue on while waiting for future plots to play out and now lets the players coming up through the game from the beginning know that they will have something else to do once they get done with all the other goals along the way.(in addition to the ongoing events).

meme1098
09-29-16, 02:57 PM
Yep, keep refreshing the update page in the App Store...lol. Nothing

That would be payback, right, netwiz...lol

It's pretty sad when you have the forum open in one place(on the business IPad Pro) & the game or App Store on my iPad. :D

sourp4tch
09-29-16, 02:58 PM
urk... just a moment, investigating... ><;

jmterao
09-29-16, 03:04 PM
I have a new building that popped up. Far left side of my kingdom. I hope it's going to be movable as its in my troll village.

When tapped on it says to expand here but you can't expand to it.

netwiz3
09-29-16, 03:05 PM
Can we get some nice LOTR hold music added here while we wait? :)

cyndora
i LOVE the new building!!!! not that i opened that area up , but from what i can see , it looks fabulous!!!!!

xox
cyn

hexappeal
I have a new purple house to expand to.??.

meme1098
09-29-16, 03:06 PM
Can we get some nice LOTR hold music added here while we wait? :)

Hahaha. That would be great! On hold music. :D

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:08 PM
ok , how many gems will i have too spend to open that nice building up now?

;)

Nikospets
09-29-16, 03:10 PM
I have the new building but I do not have the new items in my market that some players are talking about! Excited to see that we may have something new!!!

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:10 PM
33709pretty please, let the elves come out of hiding....please

meme1098
09-29-16, 03:11 PM
I have the new building but I do not have the new items in my market that some players are talking about! Excited to see that we may have something new!!!

Remember ...this game requires lots of force closing...lol

Cyndora, I want to tap a like button for your post...lol

netwiz3
09-29-16, 03:14 PM
OK... Google LOTR Soundtrack Orchestra in another tab... Tap play and Storm8 has 50 minutes to fix while we wait and comment on the Best Update Ever! ;)

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:18 PM
OK... Google LOTR Soundtrack Orchestra in another tab... Tap play and Storm8 has 50 minutes to fix while we wait and comment on the Best Update Ever! ;)

doing it , and its awesome lol.

also i re-read the sourpatch notes, and silly me scrolled all the way up to the mountains way past our kingdoms to see if i saw a floating castle or something .....i know i am NOT the only one lol.

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:19 PM
Remember ...this game requires lots of force closing...lol

Cyndora, I want to tap a like button for your post...lol

love you too Meme!

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:21 PM
go update!

88silver
09-29-16, 03:23 PM
Looks like a 5 step quest.

1. My Chicken Sense is Tingling!
Thanks for your help! I just wish I knew how to calm them down...
* Harvest Animals x10 (skip 20)
* Harvest Stables x4 (Skip 8)
* Harvest Hatcheries x4 (skip 8)

Radegast1
09-29-16, 03:23 PM
doing it , and its awesome

also i re-read the sourpatch notes, and silly me scrolled all the way up to the mountains way past our kingdoms to see if i saw a floating castle or something .....i know i am NOT the only one lol.

Guilty 😬

D_Raho
09-29-16, 03:24 PM
So we have the update on our Android devices but not on our iOS devices. This is a first.

kdgulle
09-29-16, 03:24 PM
Still no update on iOS for me either.

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:25 PM
OMG THANK YOU all those game requests are gone , my goal book has 2 things in it thank you thank you!

katbtodd
09-29-16, 03:25 PM
I can't get the app update to get the update

meme1098
09-29-16, 03:26 PM
I'm updating now. Are you in the U.S.?

Whoa...checking the Version on the update page in the App Store & it says it's version 1.5.3!!!

Ok...what's going on???

cyndora
09-29-16, 03:26 PM
I can't get the app update to get the update

i forced closed everything on my phone, and went back into app store and it was there maybe close it out first? hope this helps you.

kdgulle
09-29-16, 03:27 PM

Yes

izzyiza
I am in Canada and the update is now available on iOS.

sweerfarmer
No update for me

Now it is live, thanks

88silver
09-29-16, 03:32 PM
The new square requirements:
* Help a giant bird
* 1200 Royal Points
* 9 Wisp Lanterns
* 35,000 Coins

No expansion permits needed.

cyndora
sourpatch, question. how much is the new elvenrite slab? cant see if its coins or gems or some other new currency...i THINK i see a 8 but ive been home from work for 45 minutes and i am on my 2nd martini.
thanks

meme1098

Whoa...checking the Version on the update page in the App Store & it says it's version 1.5.3!!!

Ok...what's going on???

I had to search the App Store for Castle Story & finally got the new version 1.6.
If you're having problems with updating, search for & see if that helps.

Thanks, 88silver, for posting the steps. :)

kdgulle
Ok finally got it.

izzyiza
09-29-16, 03:36 PM
sourpatch, question. how much is the new elvenrite slab? cant see if its coins or gems or some other new currency...i THINK i see a 8 but ive been home from work for 45 minutes and i am on my 2nd martini.
thanks

It's a new currency: runes

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:37 PM
Step 2
Visit a level 6 tavern

Serve 3 spicy feasts

kdgulle
09-29-16, 03:38 PM
They moved the feed to the bottom left next to the menu.

netwiz3
09-29-16, 03:39 PM
Step 2
Visit a level 6 tavern

Serve 3 spicy feasts

Nice so this is a long term goal then and the first game usage of the Dew.

cyndora
It's a new currency: runes

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is riveting !!!

zoroak
Step 3
Rally the Knights (visit 10 watchtowers or lantern spires)
Equip longswords (5)
Equip light armour (5)

izzyiza
09-29-16, 03:41 PM
Step 2
Visit a level 6 tavern

Serve 3 spicy feasts

Level 6? So it'll take time to update since I don't have enough dew yet to make the necessary items.

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:41 PM
Step 4
Prepare avian feasts (x3)

Craft cloth bandages (x5)

KEC09
09-29-16, 03:43 PM
Which tavern? Pirate or regular?

izzyiza
09-29-16, 03:44 PM
I was just wondering the same thing since the pirate one requires two beams and two blocks instead of the three for a regular tavern.

dragongold1

regular can skip for 20 gems also

BufftonHeights
This is so exciting! If only I hadn't collected from hatchery and stable while waiting for the update. :(

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:47 PM

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:48 PM
Have not got to step 5 but I'm presuming reward is the feather for the expansion requirements.

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:50 PM
Yep it's the regular tavern and these are the requirements for level 6

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:52 PM
:) off to bed now, it's almost midnight here. Zzzzzz...

kdgulle
09-29-16, 03:56 PM
Have not got to step 5 but I'm presuming reward is the feather for the expansion requirements.

This is tough, I have 8 permits because I was going to open up 3 plots. Glad I waited, I should be able to open this up tomorrow if I get the feather

sourp4tch
09-29-16, 03:58 PM

We're really proud of all the hard work that went into this update!

zoroak
09-29-16, 03:59 PM
This is tough, I have 8 permits because I was going to open up 3 plots. Glad I waited, I should be able to open this up tomorrow if I get the feather

It needs 9 wisp lanterns, not permits

izzyiza
09-29-16, 03:59 PM
regular can skip for 20 gems also

Thanks for the info. I will more than likely save the gems to skip since it will take so long to get the three beams and three blocks.

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 04:06 PM
Step 3
Rally the Knights (visit 10 watchtowers or lantern spires)
Equip longswords (10)
Equip light armour (10)

This should read (0/5) longswords and (0/5) light armor

kdgulle
09-29-16, 04:09 PM
We're really proud of all the hard work that went into this update!

It looks great, I love the scroll very nicely done, just wanted to let others know it didn't disappear

kdgulle
09-29-16, 04:10 PM
It needs 9 wisp lanterns, not permits

Thank you, I just assumed it was permits, I like the 9 lanterns much better.

ashanthya
09-29-16, 04:14 PM
A picture of the placement.

AnisWa
09-29-16, 04:15 PM
This is exciting news.....I'm still trying to finish X marks the spot....this is something to work on in between. Great!

katbtodd
09-29-16, 04:16 PM

I just noticed that

jbfps116
09-29-16, 04:18 PM
are they going to bring back the epic deco we got a glimpse of earlier today?

EsmeW2
09-29-16, 04:35 PM
Any other Android users seeing a problem with the menus in the workshops etc after doing the update? Mine are all in the reverse order. Last time this happened the avatar went awol too - at least she's not affected this time.

I've done the update on the iPad too, and the menus seem ok there.

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-16, 04:37 PM
I'm so excited to have a new permanent goal! I can't wait to start collecting the new currency and get all the new goodies. (Those Rainbow Alis! ��) But I also want to go slow and savor the feeling of not having an impending deadline. Lol

AnisWa
09-29-16, 05:04 PM
The story book
My Chicken Sense is Tingling
Harvest 10 animals (cows, sheep, chicken, pigs)
Harvest Stables 4x
Harvest Hatcheries 4x

Cljk04
09-29-16, 05:06 PM
Any other Android users seeing a problem with the menus in the workshops etc after doing the update? Mine are all in the reverse order. Last time this happened the avatar went awol too - at least she's not affected this time.

Android user here. All mine are in reverse order too.

msmorg
09-29-16, 05:27 PM

I have one stable and one hatchery and when I tried to buy an additional one it said I was at my limit. What can I sell that will allow me to buy at least one more of each?

jopik
09-29-16, 05:48 PM
Wow, such a smart idea to give us a new building together with new expansion spot!
Hopefully, you will increase the building limit too soon:)

Steffihilson
09-29-16, 05:58 PM

Android user here. All mine are in reverse order too.

Mine too. I hope it'll be fixed soon, it's really irritating.

PikaSquirrel
09-29-16, 06:05 PM

We're looking into this!

FlowerBurst
09-29-16, 06:12 PM
I am only obtaining dew from Ivy so it is very slow-going! I did not purchase the bloom, and I have not obtained any from harvesting flowers since I finished the Spellbound update back in August. Is it still dropping from flowers for anyone?

balkanchick
09-29-16, 06:17 PM
It is but rarely. Also I have gotten drops from the Moon Crystal lv5

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 06:18 PM
For those who like to plan ahead, get your faerie flowerbeds out of storage and collect regularly. You are going to need a lot of piles of seeds. Get the sheep out as well, need lots of wool. Also wool drops from camel.

Avian Feast requires 30 piles of seeds, 3 magic fruit, 5 rat tails. Takes 3 hrs. You'll make 3 of these feasts (so far).

Cloth Bandage requires 10 wool, 10 sap, 1000 coins. Takes 2 hrs. You'll need to make 5 cloth bandages.

Faerie Respite also drops piles of seeds as well as the new parrot. (He also drops Golden Eggs.)

meme1098
09-29-16, 06:28 PM
I'm so excited to have a new permanent goal! I can't wait to start collecting the new currency and get all the new goodies. (Those Rainbow Alis! ��) But I also want to go slow and savor the feeling of not having an impending deadline. Lol

Same here.

For those who like to plan ahead, get your faerie flowerbeds out of storage and collect regularly. You are going to need a lot of piles of seeds. Get the sheep out as well, need lots of wool. Also wool drops from camel.

Avian Feast requires 30 piles of seeds, 3 magic fruit, 5 rat tails. Takes 3 hrs. You'll make 3 of these feasts (so far).

Cloth Bandage requires 10 wool, 10 sap, 1000 coins. Takes 2 hrs. You'll need to make 5 cloth bandages.

Faerie Respite also drops piles of seeds as well as the new parrot. (He also drops Golden Eggs.)

Thanks, Katt. These look like fun. I like crafting & have a max supply of everything so get to use some of it finally :)

FlowerBurst
09-29-16, 06:56 PM
It is but rarely. Also I have gotten drops from the Moon Crystal lv5

Thanks! I'll keep trying!

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 06:58 PM
Same here.

Thanks, Katt. These look like fun. I like crafting & have a max supply of everything so get to use some of it finally :)

I agree. I had 99 piles of seeds and now have 9. Hoping we won't need more feasts before this is over.

SpiritWind00
09-29-16, 07:26 PM
Wow, this is a nice surprise! I'll collate all the info asap... :)

cyndora
09-29-16, 07:30 PM
i have to say , i dont know everything that is coming our way in castle story, but i am really excited about the elves, that it is NOT a timed event , and is here to stay. the building looks awesome even though i am not able to open the plot up yet. i read somewhere on another thread that there were rainbow ali's , i mean is it xmas already!
i am ready to go all crazy on my partner so he will release the ipad from his death grip so i can play on that instead of my phone lol

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 07:53 PM
I've expanded the building area and it is an Elven Outpost. We get to do deliveries of items in our inventory and earn bronze, silver and gold runes. My first delivery was wood, glimmerdust, stone, fish, white petal, and iron ore. I earned 8 bronze runes. This is going to be AWESOME!

By the way, you'll need a level 6 theater and conservatory, but not for awhile. Just a head's up.

Great update, good luck!

PinkPiggie1230
09-29-16, 07:58 PM
Oh no the items are in reverse order again like the last update! Like the easy/commom items you make are last so you have to scroll forever to get there. Can you fix that again?

prancinland
09-29-16, 08:02 PM
Yahoo!! Doing the happy dance and living up to my name! Love this, thank you everyone at S8 ---our moderators--- and all those who gem a head!

bald1e
09-29-16, 08:04 PM
I've expanded the building area and it is an Elven Outpost. We get to do deliveries of items in our inventory and earn bronze, silver and gold runes. My first delivery was wood, glimmerdust, stone, fish, white petal, and iron ore. I earned 8 bronze runes. This is going to be AWESOME!

By the way, you'll need a level 6 theater and conservatory, but not for awhile. Just a head's up.

Great update, good luck!

Ooooo sounds like a great update and cant wait to open up the Elven Outpost. Its going too look so nice with my Pirates.
Thanks for the info katt.

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 08:07 PM
You need the feather to expand to the Elven Outpost. To get the feather:

Feed Nadina (0/3)
Give the Avian Feasts

Bandage Nadina's Talon (0/5)
Give the cloth bandages

Visit Ivy's Hut (0/1) Go

Reward is the feather.

Then new goals begin called Elven Restoration.

dragoniakingdom
09-29-16, 08:13 PM
I've updated (iPad Air). Since the update my News area is messed up...yes I have hard restarted my device. It shows *blank* has visited.

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 08:17 PM
Elven Restoration:

Goal 1 -
Give Adamir Royal Beams (0/2)
Give Adamir Royal Blocks (0/2)
Give Adamir Architect's Paste (0/1)
Give Adamir Luminesence (0/1)

Goal 2 -
Tap the Elven Outpost
(There was no timer, just click on it)

Goal 3 -
Deliver an outpost request (0/1)
(There are 6 different items by default that you click to send. I had them all in inventory, but I'm assuming in some cases, you'll have to wait until you collect them. You don't choose what to send, it's already there.)

Goal 4 - Purchase an Elvenite Slab (0/1)
(There's a new Rune Market. This is where you purchase the slab. It costs 8 bronze runes which you should have already from the above goals. The reward is 10 gems.)

Then Le Tour De Glimmerwood begins.

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 08:25 PM
Le Tour De Glimmerwood:

Introduce Adamir to Kingdom (0/10)
(Visit Farmhouse and Cottages)

Enjoy a play with Adamir (0/1)
(Visit a Level 6 Theater)

Walk Adamir through the gardens (0/1)
(Visit Level 6 Conservatory)

Then An Expert Opinion begins.

MoonVillage3
09-29-16, 08:27 PM
here we go!

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 08:27 PM
An Expert Opinion:

Recruit a magic expert (0/1)
(Automatically checked off)

Consult Lady Greselda (0/1)

Peony Predictions begins.

kattkrazie
09-29-16, 08:30 PM
Peony Predictions:

Follow Lady Greselda around her garden (0/3)

Communing with Clouds begins.

ashanthya
09-29-16, 08:42 PM
Ohhh, Adamir is cute! Nice design!

MoonVillage3
09-29-16, 08:47 PM
I've updated (iPad Air). Since the update my News area is messed up...yes I have hard restarted my device. It shows *blank* has visited.

the tab has been moved from right top to left bottom.. maybe u just need more time to conclude update.. wait alittle while

paisley777
09-29-16, 08:50 PM
I just logged in to find the quest gone! I had 10 animals done and went to the stables/hatcheries but the whole quest disappeared.
Any one else?

Jinc4
09-29-16, 10:27 PM
I just logged in to find the quest gone! I had 10 animals done and went to the stables/hatcheries but the whole quest disappeared.
Any one else?

I've just woken up, no quest showing and nothing in the play store....

RevdKathy
09-29-16, 10:42 PM
In the UK, on android. Happy to say I can see the building and the goals.

I have a couple of issues though. This shows as a 'featured' goal. Please can someone confirm that we don't need to rush on this? There's noticed, right? It's going to take me a while to get all those leafy beams and blocks. I have three other goals in my book, and they're all the ones that take a lifetime (Sister, sister anyone?) so nothing goes fast in my Kingdom. I still have lots of the story to work through - I'm not yet trading with the fairies (all those hairpins and cakes). I don't want to run at this if I can help it.

The other thing is... Please, please PLEASE put my recipe and crafting books back the right way up. I need to keep up with regular flour and granulated sugar (for the fairies) and the last thing I need is to scroll through everything else in the book to get there.

Zirilka
09-29-16, 10:51 PM
Elves! I am beyond excited! [more exclamation marks]

Jinc4
09-29-16, 10:58 PM
In the UK, on android. Happy to say I can see the building and the goals.

I have a couple of issues though. This shows as a 'featured' goal. Please can someone confirm that we don't need to rush on this? There's noticed, right? It's going to take me a while to get all those leafy beams and blocks. I have three other goals in my book, and they're all the ones that take a lifetime (Sister, sister anyone?) so nothing goes fast in my Kingdom. I still have lots of the story to work through - I'm not yet trading with the fairies (all those hairpins and cakes). I don't want to run at this if I can help it.

The other thing is... Please, please PLEASE put my recipe and crafting books back the right way up. I need to keep up with regular flour and granulated sugar (for the fairies) and the last thing I need is to scroll through everything else in the book to get there.

I'm also UK and android and I haven't got the new quest and there is no update in the play store. Did you have to do anything to prompt it to show for you?

RevdKathy
09-29-16, 11:01 PM
I'm also UK and android and I haven't got the new quest and there is no update in the play store. Did you have to do anything to prompt it to show for you?

I just woke up, played a little (visited the stable and henhouse, which is annoying) then saw the building. I couldn't expand there, so I opened the play store and searched for castle story. There was an update, so I installed it and it's all there.

Sorry you can't get it. :(

Jinc4
09-29-16, 11:05 PM
I just woke up, played a little (visited the stable and henhouse, which is annoying) then saw the building. I couldn't expand there, so I opened the play store and searched for castle story. There was an update, so I installed it and it's all there.

Sorry you can't get it. :(

Ah...thanks...looked again in the store and found an update. Must still be half asleep!

ghjvcucjb
09-29-16, 11:16 PM
I got the new expansion. Instead of needing a permit it requires a feather. After much clicking around I realize you get the feather from the new goal. I completed the new first goal and the elf appeared. He needed to drink and eat at a level 6 tavern. Now I'm stuck because my kingdom is in very short supply of the needed dew to make the special blocks and beams to level the tavern up to a level 6. In all the time the dew goal has been around, I believe I've only been able to make one beam. Any advice on how to get more dew besides flowers that I've never recieved from and am full on? TIA

ghjvcucjb
09-29-16, 11:23 PM
Just found the new building expansion, which is different from the feather expansion, but it won't let me expand. Just a message to expand and collect my reward

Tamochan
09-29-16, 11:55 PM
I have. Random building in my kingdom that cannot be moved... Help????

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 12:07 AM
Just found the new building expansion, which is different from the feather expansion, but it won't let me expand. Just a message to expand and collect my reward

The new building expansion and feather goal are the same. You have to complete the goals in your goal book on the left side of the screen, then you'll receive the feather to complete the new expansion.

Wonkaland99
09-30-16, 12:40 AM
For Heaven's sake S8, DON'T YOU EVER do anything like this again, or the game will be HISTORY on my tablet.

I am 72 years old and need full control of my few remaining brain cells to remember where I have put things - it is not COOL if someone comes along and moves something when I am not looking.

I would have sworn there were trees at the back of my colosseum and suddenly there's just grass. Perhaps I had my Chateau or Manor there before, and stored it for the current event? No, nothing in storage that shouldn't be there. Ok, I know I did an expansion a couple of weeks ago. I thought I cleared it and filled it up straightaway, but perhaps I just cleared it and forgot to put anything in it? Unlikely, but no problem, I'll do a quick reorganization before bed. Aaargh nothing will stay where it's put and my battery needs charging. Just go to bed and worry all night that I've completely lost it.

Now this morning there's a building on the grass and a new thread to read!

Next time give a splash screen or a dialogue or some sort of warning, PLEASE!

ghjvcucjb
09-30-16, 12:41 AM
The new building expansion and feather goal are the same. You have to complete the goals in your goal book on the left side of the screen, then you'll receive the feather to complete the new expansion.

Originally the feather expansion was not under the new building in my kingdom. It was on an empty space. When the new building appeared later there was no way to expand. After force closing several times, they both appear together.

Anaboe
09-30-16, 01:07 AM
Anyone else missing a 2x2 building? I don't know what building, but in my kingdom, all buildings are tightly put together, and now I have a 2x2 gap, in the middel of my buildings-section...

olcastle
09-30-16, 01:18 AM

It's a scrolling bug. I have it too, on iPhone it crashes the game.
There's another bug with News - the counter doesn't reset after I check News.

stanglady1
09-30-16, 01:19 AM
all the menues are reverse again and what REALLY nerves: the game crashes every few moves I make. Playing on Android 5.1.1

Stymie52
09-30-16, 01:46 AM
Anyone else missing a 2x2 building? I don't know what building, but in my kingdom, all buildings are tightly put together, and now I have a 2x2 gat, in the middel of my buildings-section...

You need to update the game. Then it will appear. Then hit expand to see what you need next.

Wonkaland99
09-30-16, 02:02 AM
Bother, dash and blow it.

Zounds, gadzooks and odds bodkins!

Now I'm so annoyed I'm tempted to get my asterisks out of storage and upset SW.

The new update does not work with the beautiful Desert Nights version, and I have had to reinstall the "regular" CS.

I need another coffee.

Zirilka
09-30-16, 02:21 AM
Just to make sure, this is not timed and optional?

katbtodd
09-30-16, 02:43 AM
These are showing up for a second after a force close , but they do not stay, so thinking they may show up soon.Or not at all, who knows

cavegirl1
09-30-16, 03:00 AM

If I force close the game mine works for a while, then the neighbours names blank out again.

WhisperSlowly
09-30-16, 03:00 AM
Really enjoying this update so far. I sped up using gems so I could post pictures for people here.

I do enjoy the animation of the bird flying back and forth once you fulfill orders. However, I'm frustrated that this means that the Elven Outpost cannot be moved. I'm someone who spends a lot of time organizing my kingdom.

I know in other games similar buildings are capable of having flying animations/animated elements along with being able to move it every which way. That kind of coding is indeed possible.

If that can't be done, I'd honestly give up the flying animation just to be able to move things where I want them. Customization in this game has always been key for me.

stargaze91
09-30-16, 03:06 AM
This is a screenshot from the video in castle story in App Store...I have never seen this peacock before..is it new ??
Posting it here too incase it is related to this update

Anaboe
09-30-16, 04:14 AM
You need to update the game. Then it will appear. Then hit expand to see what you need next.

I did update, and force-close my game. There still is a 2x2 gap, and it's nowhere near the new elf-building.

ladyperidot
09-30-16, 04:23 AM
Really enjoying this update so far. I sped up using gems so I could post pictures for people here.

I do enjoy the animation of the bird flying back and forth once you fulfill orders. However, I'm frustrated that this means that the Elven Outpost cannot be moved. I'm someone who spends a lot of time organizing my kingdom.

I know in other games similar buildings are capable of having flying animations/animated elements along with being able to move it every which way. That kind of coding is indeed possible.

If that can't be done, I'd honestly give up the flying animation just to be able to move things where I want them. Customization in this game has always been key for me.

It can't be moved? Oh well, guess that means rearranging my queendom. It looks a little funny copied up to the troll/beast quarter

Solientus
09-30-16, 04:48 AM
The new update does not work with the beautiful Desert Nights version, and I have had to reinstall the "regular" CS.
Thank you! I was checking for an update last night and didn't see one.
I was also on the Desert Nights version. I reinstalled the regular one and things opened up :)

Stymie52
09-30-16, 04:57 AM
I did update, and force-close my game. There still is a 2x2 gap, and it's nowhere near the new elf-building.

That's strange. I thought you meant the new elf building space. These new upgrades always have problems. It will probably show up later. Good luck with it.

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 05:19 AM

It's a bummer that it can't be moved. :-( I'd rather move that one building to set up an elf area elsewhere than to have to move other things already set-up. Oh well, still an exciting new update!

Thanks for sharing the pics! One question: What is the timer on the right side of the screen about?

Thanks also to Katt for giving us a heads up on what to look forward to :D

One note about the update....my news counter doesn't reset after checking it either, but it clears after a force close. As bugs go, that one is very minor, but I saw it mentioned and thought I'd confirm it's happening to other players too.

And last but not least, I agree with wonka, a splash screen or pop-up would be nice. Not everyone is familiar with the forums and considering the confusion even here, imagine how those players who don't come here must be feeling. That isn't a complaint, just a request for a bit more notice for changes this big. A new building normally just doesn't appear like that! Lol

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 05:30 AM
Anyone else missing a 2x2 building? I don't know what building, but in my kingdom, all buildings are tightly put together, and now I have a 2x2 gap, in the middel of my buildings-section...

Maybe check your inventory and see if you have any 2x2 buildings or deco near the front?
Hopefully whatever got moved (or removed) just went into storage.

meme1098
09-30-16, 05:35 AM
This is a screenshot from the video in castle story in App Store...I have never seen this peacock before..is it new ??

Whoa!
**** NW is that your peacock you've been requesting for ages???
Wonder if that'll be part of this new quest? (Excitedly rubbing hands together :) )
And, BTW, it appears we're having a sword fight with Greselda & she's using magic on us?

federerGOAT
09-30-16, 05:43 AM
New drops from the mines - elvenite.
Need to unlock the outpost first.

Stymie52
09-30-16, 05:59 AM
If I force close the game mine works for a while, then the neighbours names blank out again.

Same is happening with mine. Sometimes there are no neighbor names, and then they just reappear.

gilachaya
09-30-16, 05:59 AM
337323373333733I used the new potion to speed up production in the workshop but the timer still reads 5 hours to produce the spellbound block. I verified thatI the fast worker boost is in effect.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 06:27 AM
Le Tour De Glimmerwood:

Introduce Adamir to Kingdom (0/10)
(Visit Farmhouse and Cottages)

Enjoy a play with Adamir (0/1)
(Visit a Level 6 Theater)

Walk Adamir through the gardens (0/1)
(Visit Level 6 Conservatory)

Then An Expert Opinion begins.
Oh all my new building materials are gone. These two building upgrading will take me a year lol

stargaze91
09-30-16, 06:32 AM
Whoa!
**** NW is that your peacock you've been requesting for ages???
Wonder if that'll be part of this new quest? (Excitedly rubbing hands together :) )
And, BTW, it appears we're having a sword fight with Greselda & she's using magic on us?
We did fight Greselda before she became part of our kingdom..she was a wearing a red dress back then and all evil looking, and after the fight and some Ivy's magic potions,she wears a beige dress in which she walks around the kingdom...it must have been too long since you completed the Greselda storyline that you have forgotten it :p

Sorry for being off topic....
I remember someone saying something about a rainbow Ali in this thread...is that real?

meme1098
09-30-16, 06:36 AM
We did fight Greselda before she became part of our kingdom..she was a wearing a red dress back then and all evil looking, and after the fight and some Ivy's magic potions,she wears a beige dress in which she walks around the kingdom...it must have been too long since you completed the Greselda storyline that you have forgotten it :p

Yes, it has been awhile....lol. I'm excited for the peacock though. I can just see it strutting about showing off its plumage. Hopefully it will be a silent one though, cuz in real life they are quite irritatingly loud.

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 06:52 AM

Sorry for being off topic....
I remember someone saying something about a rainbow Ali in this thread...is that real?

The rainbow Ali and a new path, gate and wall appeared briefly in the market yesterday, when the new expansion was cleared, but before the update was released. (part of some future goals or event perhaps). For more info, check out this thread.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94479-Random-expansion

cyndora
09-30-16, 07:03 AM
i know this should be in the bugs section, but i thought it would be looked at faster here. there is a sound drop when you watch the videos, when you come back to your kingdom you hear no music. also after this update when you first log on, the music skips ( kinda ) . thought you should know.

love the new update so far.
xox
cyn

fish63
09-30-16, 08:24 AM
I feel dumb, but what are the sources for seeds?

meme1098
09-30-16, 08:31 AM

Funny...couldn't find a listing in the Inventory thread, in The Hub

Conservatory, Magic Garden, Ivy's Hut. Probably more but can't think of any where else right now.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 08:31 AM
I feel dumb, but what are the sources for seeds?conservatives, faery flower, ivy hut, magic garden

Radegast1
09-30-16, 08:36 AM
Maybe I missed this but for what is the Elvinite used?

Stymie52
09-30-16, 08:37 AM

Looked it up in The Hub and it says: conservatory,Glimmer Fountain, Ivy's petting zoo, Summer Gazebo, Magic Garden, Goddess Tree, Faerie Respite, faerie flowerbeds. Hope that helps.

WhisperSlowly
09-30-16, 08:46 AM
It's a bummer that it can't be moved. :-( I'd rather move that one building to set up an elf area elsewhere than to have to move other things already set-up. Oh well, still an exciting new update!

Thanks for sharing the pics! One question: What is the timer on the right side of the screen about?

Thanks also to Katt for giving us a heads up on what to look forward to :D

One note about the update....my news counter doesn't reset after checking it either, but it clears after a force close. As bugs go, that one is very minor, but I saw it mentioned and thought I'd confirm it's happening to other players too.

And last but not least, I agree with wonka, a splash screen or pop-up would be nice. Not everyone is familiar with the forums and considering the confusion even here, imagine how those players who don't come here must be feeling. That isn't a complaint, just a request for a bit more notice for changes this big. A new building normally just doesn't appear like that! Lol

The timer just shows how long you have to load all the requested items in order to receive runes. It's usually about 18 hours to load and 4 hours for the bird to return after you've sent it out.

Some more photos. Quite a few big menu changes. Get ready for a more cluttered screen.

A few of the icons are redundant in my opinion...particularly the rune info on the top center right. You can just click on the timer and then the rune store for the same information. I'm hoping they reevaluate and clear things up.

r41pi
09-30-16, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if level 6 Pirate tavern works for this quest? Looks like it takes less spellbound beams and blocks to upgrade to level 6.

kdgulle
09-30-16, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know if level 6 Pirate tavern works for this quest? Looks like it takes less spellbound beams and blocks to upgrade to level 6.

No it does not work unfortunately. I did try.

zoroak
09-30-16, 08:53 AM

Normal tavern as if I click on the quest button, it brings me to the normal tavern, so I wouldn't risk using the pirate tavern, sorry.

This is for SW to update step 5 info. It's 3 avian feasts and 5 cloth bandages made from step 4.

l03z
09-30-16, 09:12 AM
Nice!
But I'd already expanded that lot, and now my building (don't know which one was standing there) has disappeared. Don't see one that could've been it on the first page of my inventory either, so it's not there. And what about the permits I spend on that part of land?

SamsHappyMom
09-30-16, 09:16 AM
Not sure what to do -- I see the new building but cannot expand to it and see no goals. Force closed, latest version and even turned the tablet on and off. Ideas?

fish63
09-30-16, 09:18 AM
Thank you to all who helped me with my quest for seeds!

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 09:33 AM
This update addresses a lot of the complaints we have all had. The new outpost has a gem confirmation button. So nice. And I did a trade with spellbooks and naga fins among other previously useless items, so I can start collecting those again. In fact, now we have a purpose in collecting from resource buildings and animals, which I had all but given up on since being maxed on all. Hoarders will definitely have an advantage in sending out deliveries.

Great job, S8. This is really exciting!

riverly
09-30-16, 09:40 AM
Nice!
But I'd already expanded that lot, and now my building (don't know which one was standing there) has disappeared. Don't see one that could've been it on the first page of my inventory either, so it's not there. And what about the permits I spend on that part of land?i do think this plot had never been open to expanding, because I had expanded everywhere I could. Well, except for one way up on top.

riverly
09-30-16, 09:44 AM
What are runes used for? If this has been answered please ignore this question. I'll go back and read when I have more time.

meme1098
09-30-16, 09:46 AM
Not sure what to do -- I see the new building but cannot expand to it and see no goals. Force closed, latest version and even turned the tablet on and off. Ideas?

Have you upgraded to the version 1.6.
Go to the App Store & update. Good luck!
It's a long term untimed goal so no rushing required.

Nice!
But I'd already expanded that lot, and now my building (don't know which one was standing there) has disappeared. Don't see one that could've been it on the first page of my inventory either, so it's not there. And what about the permits I spend on that part of land?

That area was never an expandable spot. It was a dead area. I'm fully expanded except for 1 spot to allow me to continue to make expansion permits & that was not the spot.

mommy1951
09-30-16, 09:49 AM
Is it just me, but the only place I get spellbound leaves is from Ivy's house and that's rare. I have never seen one from flowers. Since the spellbound started I have only been able to make one log, I have all kinds of flowers, but no luck with any, at this rate it's going to take forever to upgrade the tavern to level 6. Any suggestions please!

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 09:51 AM
What are runes used for? If this has been answered please ignore this question. I'll go back and read when I have more time.

Runes are earned by sending out deliveries from Elven Outpost. There's a new rune market where we can buy decorations as well as the new rainbow Ali.

meme1098
09-30-16, 09:52 AM
Is it just me, but the only place I get spellbound leaves is from Ivy's house and that's rare. I have never seen one from flowers. Since the spellbound started I have only been able to make one log, I have all kinds of flowers, but no luck with any, at this rate it's going to take forever to upgrade the tavern to level 6. Any suggestions please!

It's another long term goal, kinda like Sinister Sister, so no rush trying to complete. Just keep collecting from Ivy until you can craft another.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 09:53 AM
My dream lol

What are runes used for? If this has been answered please ignore this question. I'll go back and read when I have more time.we could buy elf decorations and rainbow Ali :D
This is the price of the new ali

comeseecomesah
09-30-16, 09:54 AM

Also the new Polly parrot drops seeds.

ghjvcucjb
09-30-16, 09:57 AM

You are not alone, I've posted and asked for advice several times regarding this. Have wasted tons of energy on flowers and have never recieved on from them. I understand this is a long term goal but very frustrating when the goal is now linked to a building and expansion staring me in the face but I can't do.

mommy1951
09-30-16, 10:03 AM
You are not alone, I've posted and asked for advice several times regarding this. Have wasted tons of energy on flowers and have never recieved on from them. I understand this is a long term goal but very frustrating when the goal is now linked to a building and expansion staring me in the face but I can't do.

Thanks, sure would be nice to add a few new choices to be gifted everyday, if I could I would gladly send you one, guess I will just keep staring at mine as well.. sighhhh

myhsplace
09-30-16, 10:16 AM
The timer just shows how long you have to load all the requested items in order to receive runes. It's usually about 18 hours to load and 4 hours for the bird to return after you've sent it out.

Some more photos. Quite a few big menu changes. Get ready for a more cluttered screen.

A few of the icons are redundant in my opinion...particularly the rune info on the top center right. You can just click on the timer and then the rune store for the same information. I'm hoping they reevaluate and clear things up.

would be nice if we at least had an icon size option! or like a hide icon option that minimizes it to a tiny bar or something! i still have the large free gift one that i never click anymore that drives me nuts for i really can't stand a bunch of large icons cluttering my view all around my screen :(

jbfps116
09-30-16, 10:51 AM
How rare is it to get gold runes???

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 11:01 AM
How rare is it to get gold runes???

Must be VERY rare. I've done at least 20 deliveries and received zero gold runes.

Radegast1
09-30-16, 11:17 AM
Must be VERY rare. I've done at least 20 deliveries and received zero gold runes.

I made a delivery of 20 gold nuggets and didn't get one

meme1098
09-30-16, 11:21 AM
I made a delivery of 20 gold nuggets and didn't get one

Whoa! That just seems so wrong! :eek: You'd think that a gold rune would be a sure thing for that many nuggets! :(

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 11:21 AM
I made a delivery of 20 gold nuggets and didn't get one:eek:20 golden nuggets

Equinox14
09-30-16, 11:23 AM
What is the new building that appeared in Castle? When I tap on it, it says "expand here to get rewards" is this part of the Elves thread? Thanks

Radegast1
09-30-16, 11:46 AM
Whoa! That just seems so wrong! :eek: You'd think that a gold rune would be a sure thing for that many nuggets! :(

that's what I was hoping

silver is pretty rare also but did just get some but included 30 glimmer fragments in delivery. Most deliveries are for 1or 2 of an item
Six different items with 1 or 2 of each

newzealander
09-30-16, 11:58 AM

Great update, good luck!
once again, huge thanks to you, Katt. I'm planning those level 6 upgrades now, and appreciate the heads'up.

l03z
09-30-16, 12:05 PM
i do think this plot had never been open to expanding, because I had expanded everywhere I could. Well, except for one way up on top.
Well..then I guess I'm just confused :p

ktcheetahh
09-30-16, 12:41 PM

Do you have any Red Trillium? I have 4, and I've collected twice from them today, and got one spellbound dew each time. This is first time I've had spellbound from any flowers. Best bet is Ivy's house but they don't come up every time. I'm thinking of gemming the tavern and focus on upgrading conservatory and theatre to level 6. This game is definitely a test of one's patience!

bwunderbach
09-30-16, 12:41 PM

I don't remember seeing this posted, but the following animals counted towards the "Harvest Animals" goal:

Black Sheep
Glimmeregg Bunny
Glimmeregg Chick
Pink Chicken
Purple Cow
Sir Pigglesworth
Turkey Chicken
Turkey Pig
Turkey Sheep

I thought I'd try my more "unusual" animals to see if they'd work. I didn't get a chance to test Sir Hamlet, but I'm betting he works, too.

FlowerBurst
09-30-16, 01:09 PM
Same frustration here... I have not received dew from flowers in over a month! After hundreds of attempts, I gave up trying and currently rely on Ivy. I am confused because the info on the Spellbound Dew card clearly states that it can be obtained by harvesting flowers.

FlowerBurst
09-30-16, 01:11 PM
Do you have any Red Trillium? I have 4, and I've collected twice from them today, and got one spellbound dew each time. This is first time I've had spellbound from any flowers. Best bet is Ivy's house but they don't come up every time. I'm thinking of gemming the tavern and focus on upgrading conservatory and theatre to level 6. This game is definitely a test of one's patience!

Thanks! I have tried Red Trillium in the past but will try again! Fingers crossed!

tigarlilyvol
09-30-16, 01:32 PM
Elven restoration
give Adamir royal beams X 2 Skip 40
give Adamir Royal blocks X 2 Skip 40
give Adamir Adamir Architect's Paste X 1 Skip 30
give Adamir a luminous essence X 1 Skip 10, collect outpost

Final Touches
Tap outpost X 1

Off and Away
Deliver Outpost request of 6 items
(mine was 6 logs, 2 glimmer dust, 6 rocks, 1 yellow fish, 1 white petal, and 6 iron ore.)

Resource Returns
Purchase Elvenite Slab for 7 runes, collect 10 gems Skip 20

Le Tour de Glemmerwood
Introduce Adamir to kingdom (visit farmhouses and cottages) X 10. Skip 50
Enjoy play, visit level 6 theater Skip 20
walk Adamir through garden, visit level 6 conservatory Skip 20

Expert Opinion
Recruit Magic expert (was checked off)
Consult Lady Greselda X 1 Skip 15

Peony Predictions
Follow Lady G around her garden (Greselda's Dark Garden Maze) X 3 Skip 30

Just needed a list for reference help.

jmterao
09-30-16, 02:08 PM
:eek:20 golden nuggets

Here's a double eek.... 61 Golden eggs

Not going to happen.

fish63
09-30-16, 02:25 PM
Are we suppose to see the large blue creature? He's making deliveries. I thought someone mention that he appeared.

fish63
09-30-16, 02:44 PM
Hard closed and now it is flying. Wish we had more animation!

fish63
09-30-16, 04:50 PM
Has anyone made a boost? I crafted one for workshop, but can't get it to work!

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 05:11 PM
Here's a double eek.... 61 Golden eggs

Not going to happen.OMG how come you have that? I had three exchanges all six items like wood, stone, iron... I got a gold rune too

dipwid
09-30-16, 05:24 PM
I'm afraid to start the new update until I complete the parrot quest. We have to uninstall and reinstall castle story to unlock it. Has anyone already done it while awaiting chapter 10 and did you have any issues?

federerGOAT
09-30-16, 05:28 PM
Has anyone made a boost? I crafted one for workshop, but can't get it to work!

Have you activated it?
Once activated the workshop timer counts down at double the speed for all crafted items during this period.

jmterao
09-30-16, 05:57 PM
OMG how come you have that? I had three exchanges all six items like wood, stone, iron... I got a gold rune too

no idea. Really am not happy about it either.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 06:01 PM
Has anyone made a boost? I crafted one for workshop, but can't get it to work!where can you craft a boost?

fish63
09-30-16, 06:16 PM
How do you activate it? I made the one for the workshop. I click on it and nothing happens and I lost about one hour off of it's timer.

federerGOAT
09-30-16, 06:22 PM
How do you activate it? I made the one for the workshop. I click on it and nothing happens and I lost about one hour off of it's timer.

If the boost timer is counting down, that means you have activated it.
Are you crafting anything in the workshop?
Tap the workshop and you should see the time count down quicker than usual and there should be a boost icon next to it.

riverly
09-30-16, 07:09 PM
My dream lol
we could buy elf decorations and rainbow Ali :D
This is the price of the new ali
33743ok you got me!! How did you get that many rainbow Ali's? Is this picture real??? Am I seeing this right?

Also, do these Ali's give energy? I'm confused. This is a lot of effort for an Ali. I wonder if this means they won't be showing up in cabbage hut- which I just got. I don't want to sound negative, I'm just waiting to see how this all works. I'm a little skeptical at this point. But I'll go along with it--for now. I'll try to think positive.

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 07:11 PM
Expert Opinion
Recruit Magic expert (was checked off)
Consult Lady Greselda X 1 Skip 15

Peony Predictions
Follow Lady G around her garden (Greselda's Dark Garden Maze) X 3 Skip 30

Just needed a list for reference help.

Sorry - I am level 39 - I have not have Greselda - how do I get her?

Seriously700
09-30-16, 07:12 PM
My second set of deliveries includes 60 feral magic. I've been maxed out on them for a while, thanks to monster hunts, but it will be hard to replace them. I'm wondering about using what appears to be a refresh button in the upper right corner of the square. Has anyone tried to do a refresh? How long before the next item comes in?

Edit - never mind. I decided to try to refresh. The refresh option costs 20 gems for 1 item! So I delivered the feral magic. I got 5 silver and 9 bronze runes.

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 07:13 PM
I'm afraid to start the new update until I complete the parrot quest. We have to uninstall and reinstall castle story to unlock it. Has anyone already done it while awaiting chapter 10 and did you have any issues?

Same here - doesn't seemed to be timed so I think I might wait

KEC09
09-30-16, 07:15 PM
How / where do you make boosts?

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 07:17 PM
One other thing does anyone know what the building is that you need to expand to that is in the very low bottom of our castle?- I have visited so many of my level 50 neighbours but no one has expanded here yet - don't know how to add pictures sorry!

cyndora
09-30-16, 07:32 PM
Spiritwind/Devs, will we at a sooner then later date be able to move this building around? i love the building and the flight animation of the sparrow , really good job! but i would like to redecorate to accommodate the new residents. and my juices are flowing on design ideas but the stationary building is like a radiator heater in the wrong spot.....designers nightmare! lol

olcastle
09-30-16, 08:29 PM

I updated the game and my parrot quest wasn't affected. I'm on Chapter 7.
I already hate this update though... just exchanged 66 Mysterious Venoms plus other stuff for some Bronze runes.

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 08:47 PM
How / where do you make boosts?

I'm not there yet, but I'm thinking that ability is unlocked as we progress in the quest.

One other thing does anyone know what the building is that you need to expand to that is in the very low bottom of our castle?- I have visited so many of my level 50 neighbours but no one has expanded here yet - don't know how to add pictures sorry!

No one knows except S8, and they're not telling :( It is not possible to expand there yet, but it's been the object of much speculation here on the forums.

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 08:56 PM
Same here - doesn't seemed to be timed so I think I might wait

I was able to update my game with no issues, and did not have to uninstall and reinstall to update. Pirate storybook was not affected in any way.

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that Princesscupobutter much appreciated - have a great day😎

undead30k
09-30-16, 10:31 PM
What happens after peony predictions? I have 2 more collections at lady Griselda's garden. Thx

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 11:21 PM
What happens after peony predictions? I have 2 more collections at lady Griselda's garden. Thx

Communing with Clouds:

Fetch Ivy (0/1)

Return to Lady Griselda's Castle (0/1)

ninjalejones
10-01-16, 02:22 AM
This addon feels like the port in that City game they were flogging this summer. You fill orders for a cruise ship in that game and get tickets you can use to buy special buildings. The first few orders were easy but got increasingly difficult, however, they were always doable in a day if you did nothing else as the resources to make them were free and readily available. Plus you knew you were getting a certain amount of tickets for each order. 60 golden eggs and 20 golden nuggets aren't collectable in a day and neither the number nor type of runes seem to be guaranteed.

So far I'm not impressed ��

zoroak
10-01-16, 03:11 AM
This addon feels like the port in that City game they were flogging this summer. You fill orders for a cruise ship in that game and get tickets you can use to buy special buildings. The first few orders were easy but got increasingly difficult, however, they were always doable in a day if you did nothing else as the resources to make them were free and readily available. Plus you knew you were getting a certain amount of tickets for each order. 60 golden eggs and 20 golden nuggets aren't collectable in a day and neither the number nor type of runes seem to be guaranteed.

So far I'm not impressed 🙄

Same here. I like the update but not the rare chances of getting gold and silver runes. I've depleted quite a lot of my inventory and spent gems speeding up the summoning and all I have are bronze runes and a few silver ones. If Storm8 wants us to spend money buying gems to speed up summoning to get the rainbow alicorns, they should at least increase the chances of silver and gold runes because if the chances are so low, most players will just not bother with the deliveries. :(

Solientus
10-01-16, 03:20 AM

I uninstalled and reinstalled during Chapter 9 with no issues. If you're worried though just leave it off until you're done the event.

riverly
10-01-16, 03:33 AM
If gold runes are a rare drop, I'm pretty much am out I HATE super rare drops.

ninjalejones
10-01-16, 03:40 AM
Same here. I like the update but not the rare chances of getting gold and silver runes. I've depleted quite a lot of my inventory and spent gems speeding up the summoning and all I have are bronze runes and a few silver ones. If Storm8 wants us to spend money buying gems to speed up summoning to get the rainbow alicorns, they should at least increase the chances of silver and gold runes because if the chances are so low, most players will just not bother with the deliveries. :(

I love the idea of using up inventory and if the items needed were craftable and/or from resources that have guaranteed drops I'd be all over this, rare chance of gold runes or not. This set up though seems just.... lets say infuriating to keep things PC ;)

ktorewqas
10-01-16, 04:09 AM
ok you got me!! How did you get that many rainbow Ali's? Is this picture real??? Am I seeing this right?

Also, do these Ali's give energy? I'm confused. This is a lot of effort for an Ali. I wonder if this means they won't be showing up in cabbage hut- which I just got. I don't want to sound negative, I'm just waiting to see how this all works. I'm a little skeptical at this point. But I'll go along with it--for now. I'll try to think positive.picture is real but the alis are gone. I bought them when they are showing in regular market but the game reset if I do that ;)

riverly
10-01-16, 06:07 AM
picture is real but the alis are gone. I bought them when they are showing in regular market but the game reset if I do that ;)yeah that's what I figured it was. Very nice!!

transberry
10-01-16, 07:10 AM
Where do you get new building

riverly
10-01-16, 07:47 AM
The building is already on your game. If you click on the expand button and then click on that plot, the requirements to open the expansion shows up and if I remember correctly a dialogue starts up concerning the new update.

Sandybellee
10-01-16, 08:12 AM
Just upgrading a tavern to level 6 is going to take ages. Not too bothered though because if it's like the thing in Farm Story 2 I probably won't be getting any gold tokens anyway.

undead30k
10-01-16, 08:33 AM
Communing with Clouds:

Fetch Ivy (0/1)

Return to Lady Griselda's Castle (0/1)

Thank you and at what point do the boosts appear? Is it after communing with clouds?

ileeas
10-01-16, 08:36 AM
No it does not work unfortunately. I did try.

Thanks for trying and saving me using up my building supplies on it.

Radegast1
10-01-16, 08:49 AM

I have done quite a few "major" deliveries and not thrilled with runes returned. Gambling with hard earned inventory with small return

Getting to this point was fun

Radegast1
10-01-16, 09:02 AM

If gold runes are a rare drop, I'm pretty much am out I HATE super rare drops.

They are rare and it doesn't seem the deliveries have any effect on likliness. Hard obtained inventory doesn't appear to increase drop rate

zoroak
10-01-16, 09:34 AM
They are rare and it doesn't seem the deliveries have any effect on likliness. Hard obtained inventory doesn't appear to increase drop rate

I currently have a delivery for 42 adamants, not happening especially since I'm down to about 30 glimmer shards and can only forge 1! It's not about what's already in my inventory, it's the amount of time required to replace what is sent off for deliveries. Not as bad as 60 golden eggs or 20 nuggets but the game developers need to be realistic about what people are willing to trade for a super rare chance of gold runes, otherwise this building will be yet another white elephant.

I'm hoping the elven reliquary will allow trade of elvenite for runes, gold ones especially! As it is, the new apothecary has not been used as I'm keeping the hard earned runes.

comeseecomesah
10-01-16, 09:54 AM

I currently have a delivery for 42 adamants, not happening especially since I'm down to about 30 glimmer shards and can only forge 1! It's not about what's already in my inventory, it's the amount of time required to replace what is sent off for deliveries. Not as bad as 60 golden eggs or 20 nuggets but the game developers need to be realistic about what people are willing to trade for a super rare chance of gold runes, otherwise this building will be yet another white elephant.

Well, they wouldn't spend all that time on this update for nothing. I wasn't sceptical....I knew it would turn out more difficult than it seems because of the way these games have been changing. Some ppl will spend gems on this and some won't or can't. That's the way it is now. I have cut down my spending on all the S8 games I play. I now don't HAVE to have everything that is available, especially if I feel the way to get it is very unfair. I will just enjoy what I can until I no longer enjoy it. I refuse to get stressed or frustrated anymore... although....trying not to be frustrated is frustrating at times hahaa

kdgulle
10-01-16, 10:20 AM
I'm wondering what the kiln is. Sounds interesting from the back of the card. It cost way more than the Ali.

zoroak
10-01-16, 10:48 AM
I'm wondering what the kiln is. Sounds interesting from the back of the card. It cost way more than the Ali.

It's like an extra forge. I managed to grab one to have a look on the old castle story version when the mystic kiln was on the market for 0 coins. Of course, syncing lost it and all the rainbow alicorns...

StarThrower2
10-01-16, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know what or where this Giant Bird is???

The new square requirements:
* Help a giant bird
* 1200 Royal Points
* 9 Wisp Lanterns
* 35,000 Coins

No expansion permits needed.

ashley224
10-01-16, 10:58 AM

Lots of good info in post #1

zoroak
10-01-16, 10:59 AM

You get a feather after step 5 and this is what you need for the 'help a giant bird'.

kdgulle
10-01-16, 11:00 AM
It's like an extra forge. I managed to grab one to have a look on the old castle story version when the mystic kiln was on the market for 0 coins. Of course, syncing lost it and all the rainbow alicorns...

Yes I bought one but didn't get to peek inside before it vanished. Thanks, hmm wonder if we will need an extra one.

Radegast1
10-01-16, 11:55 AM

I'm hoping the elven reliquary will allow trade of elvenite for runes, gold ones especially! As it is, the new apothecary has not been used as I'm keeping the hard earned runes.

So far the reliquary only crafts two things. Uses elvenite and other materials.

Edit. Other items added. No runes yet but new items

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 11:57 AM
Thank you and at what point do the boosts appear? Is it after communing with clouds?

So sorry, but don't remember when I was prompted to purchase the apothecary for crafting boosts. It sat unattended for a long time because I needed silver runes and had none since I had used them all on decorations. (BTW, it's a better strategy to hoard the runes until you see what you'll need to progress in the goals.)

janddolphins
10-01-16, 12:01 PM
I haven't opened up the trades yet so not sure how they are designed, but being that there are some trades we may not be able to do I hope, or else a suggestion to S8 would be for the trade to be like the marketplace trade and after 24 hours if we don't do it, it will expire and a new trade appears. Crossing my fingers at least this is how it's set up, otherwise every player will reach a standstill eventually as I won't and I know many won't keep hitting refresh for 20 gems over and over.

Otherwise taking it slow with this event until I finish with my parrot. Hope others are able to enjoy it. I too must admit I would love a few rainbow Ali's so I hope they don't make it impossible.

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 12:01 PM
No Ordinary Reliquary:

Construct an Elven Reliquary (costs 8 runes)

Acquire Elvenite (0/40) (Get this from mines and by chopping elvenite slabs which are avaiable in Rune Market)

Forge an Elvenite Node (0/1) (Requires 40 elvenite, 10 living wood, 2 enchanter's essence) 1 hr. to craft
(Adamir can make this in the Elven Reliquary)

undead30k
10-01-16, 12:02 PM
So sorry, but don't remember when I was prompted to purchase the apothecary for crafting boosts. It sat unattended for a long time because I needed silver runes and had none since I had used them all on decorations. (BTW, it's a better strategy to hoard the runes until you see what you'll need to progress in the goals.)

That makes perfect sense. I have only received bronze ruins off of 3 trades so far. Thank you for replying

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 12:08 PM
With Our Magics Combined:

Collect Glimmerdust (0/20) (Even though it says to collect, the ones in inventory counted for me.)

Craft Earth Wisps (0/5) (Again, ones in inventory counted for me.)

Concoct a Glimmerite Elixir (0/1) (Needs 30 elvenite, 20 glimmerdust, 5 earth wisps) 3 hr. craft

Apply the Glimmerite Elixir (0/1) Give.

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 12:10 PM
A Turbulent Totem:

Send an Outpost Delivery (0/1)

Scour the Old Thomas Archives (0/3)

PrincessCupOButter
10-01-16, 01:24 PM

I was prompted to purchase the apothecary when I sent my 4th trade. I got 5 silver runes and some bronze for sending it, and another 5 silver and 10 bronze for buying the apothecary (which cost 8 bronze).
After purchasing, it immediately prompted me to craft the workshop boost, which I haven't done yet, because I really want to hoard those runes! Lol
But I have a feeling I won't get the next featured goal until I craft a boost I don't really want right now. :(

Also, something is up with that little elf....I think he's hiding something. :eek:

kdgulle
10-01-16, 02:26 PM
I was prompted to purchase the apothecary when I sent my 4th trade. I got 5 silver runes and some bronze for sending it, and another 5 silver and 10 bronze for buying the apothecary (which cost 8 bronze).
After purchasing, it immediately prompted me to craft the workshop boost, which I haven't done yet, because I really want to hoard those runes! Lol
But I have a feeling I won't get the next featured goal until I craft a boost I don't really want right now. :(

Also, something is up with that little elf....I think he's hiding something. :eek:
You are correct you can't move on til you do a boost, there is one boost that only takes bronze ruins, I didn't figure that out until after I made the workshop one. Which increases the speed of timer for 3 hours. I think the increasing the timer on crops is the only bronze one.
I have no quest in regards to the apothecary but I also have my boost working.

kdgulle
10-01-16, 02:28 PM
A Turbulent Totem:

Send an Outpost Delivery (0/1)

Scour the Old Thomas Archives (0/3)
Thanks so much for speeding through it really is appreciated by all of us. :o

chewingthecud
10-01-16, 02:29 PM
My delivery is asking for 65 golden apples! Now as I am a long term player I actually have them but there is no way in the world I would trade them. I have been furiously trying to collect them as a private goal. I still only have 95 so I really don't know how an ordinary lower lever player would have a chance. I have also done about 4 trades and no gold - bronze and a few silver but that is all. This new outpost is making the Baron's tent seem generous!:eek:

kdgulle
10-01-16, 02:31 PM
My delivery is asking for 65 golden apples! Now as I am a long term player I actually have them but there is no way in the world I would trade them. I have been furiously trying to collect them as a private goal. I still only have 95 so I really don't know how an ordinary lower lever player would have a chance. I have also done about 4 trades and no gold - bronze and a few silver but that is all. This new outpost is making the Baron's tent seem generous!:eek:
:( can you let that expire and get another set of items

Seriously700
10-01-16, 02:42 PM

Yikes! What was S8 thinking! It's crazy being asked to give up such a huge quantity of an item that is very, very, very hard to replace.

And to think I was annoyed at giving up 60 sugar -which is a fair amount of energy to replace but at least it's predictable. My 60 feral magic will be a long term project to replace. It took 5 dire boars to get 1 today. I had to give 37 silver this morning and already have more silver shown as being part of my next delivery.

I think this might end up being more frustrating than fun, which is really a shame. This update had a lot of promise. It's reminding my of those very demanding balloon deliveries in FS2 which were part of the reason I gave up playing that game.

PrincessCupOButter
10-01-16, 02:42 PM

:( can you let that expire and get another set of items

If this one works like the dream city game I played for the gems, we can let the trade request expire, and get a new/different one the next day.
I certainly hope so, because there is no way I'm trading 65 golden apples! Or skipping it with gems. The Keebler elves will end up sitting idle. :rolleyes: I only have 54 apples after playing for 2 1/2 years AND buying the golden mine while it was in the market.
For 65 golden ANYTHING, I'd expect enough runes to get the rainbow Ali :cool: and from what I'm seeing, the return just isn't that good.

riverly
10-01-16, 03:03 PM
The rainbow Ali would have to poop golden apples. I know, I know delete.

ktorewqas
10-01-16, 03:11 PM
I just hand over 75 tomatoes this morning(of course not comparable with golden nuggets, apple or eggs). So what's the deal with the large quantity things and get back no gold rune :(

kdgulle
10-01-16, 03:21 PM
The rainbow Ali would have to poop golden apples. I know, I know delete.

A rainbow pot from the back of the card

Stymie52
10-01-16, 03:54 PM
I am trying to have a positive outlook about the eleven outpost. However, I don't know how long it will last. After three trades, it seems that the top left trade is always the large one. I gave away 66 seaweeds and other things which are easy enough to replace. My next top left trade is golden apples of a yet unknown quantity. I have 20 golden apples, but I do not want to part with them. I have worked hard to amass my inventory (never knew I was a hoarder), and I don't want to deplete my resources. I guess time will tell as we get further along.

riverly
10-01-16, 04:02 PM
A rainbow pot from the back of the cardclose, but not quite what I meant.

chewingthecud
10-01-16, 04:11 PM
Hi all - yes I won't even consider trading the golden apples. I am now just waiting to see if the trade resets tomorrow as in other games. I suspect so - there is really no other option. I suppose it is just a matter of picking your trades and waiting for them. I do though hope they recalibrate the gold rune drop rate. I don't think anyone has yet posted that they actually got one!:rolleyes:

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 04:28 PM
If the outpost is like the train deliveries in Farm Story 2, rather than getting a new list of items, the ones you have in inventory and have clicked to deliver will probably be sent out in the time showing and the bird will return in 4 hrs. I'm betting when the partial delivery is dispatched, we'll probably be paid a few runes for it as well. So strange that S8 hasn't given us any information about this stuff. Having to guess is a little unnerving.

As far as hoarding runes, I have 118 bronze runes, so at least the cap is higher than 99.

After you finish A Turbulent Totem, all the goals are done and we are left to our own devices, it appears.

kdgulle
10-01-16, 04:42 PM
close, but not quite what I meant.

I know ;)

jopik
10-01-16, 04:46 PM
Wow, is that a mistake if the delivery asks for 53 purple hides??!!!
I mean, it's Gotta be a mistake...

lindtball
10-01-16, 04:50 PM
I have sped up 5 times and completed trades of masses of materials and have a HUGE (����) stash of ........ Wait for it......... 3 gold runes.

midsom
10-01-16, 05:02 PM
If the outpost is like the train deliveries in Farm Story 2, rather than getting a new list of items, the ones you have in inventory and have clicked to deliver will probably be sent out in the time showing and the bird will return in 4 hrs. I'm betting when the partial delivery is dispatched, we'll probably be paid a few runes for it as well. So strange that S8 hasn't given us any information about this stuff. Having to guess is a little unnerving.

As far as hoarding runes, I have 118 bronze runes, so at least the cap is higher than 99.

After you finish A Turbulent Totem, all the goals are done and we are left to our own devices, it appears.

I think it is going to work more like the Farmers Market than the Train Station, the Farmers market is also RANDOM with high quantities not yeilding higher value runes. I would be careful about the part loading, havent tried it yet. A lot of players quit farm story over that Farmers Market, it is very unfair. I just did a trade for 50 sap, 65 hot peppers and 60 strawberries and i got 9 bronze runes, bored with it now :(

Edit to add there were also three other items but with smaller quantities

meme1098
10-01-16, 05:21 PM
Wow! :eek: I've been out-of-pocket all day & I come back to hear about all these ridiculous trades requiring exorbitant amount of supplies for little return :confused:
When your limit on an item is 99 & a trade requires nearly from half to 2/3 of that amount & then considering the time & effort required to replace it, I doubt I'll be doing many of those trades.

federerGOAT
10-01-16, 05:55 PM
I have sped up 5 times and completed trades of masses of materials and have a HUGE (����) stash of ........ Wait for it......... 3 gold runes.

Should count yourself lucky.
I've done heaps of trade and yet to get any gold runes.

Not complaining though - it's a long term thing. This just gives me someting to do in between events since I've completed the main story line.

cyndora
10-01-16, 06:30 PM
did anyone do a trade that was not totally complete? instead of filling all orders you left some blank, did you still get runes from the trade?

some of the things like others have mentioned , are kinda.....high. and when they are rare makes it even worse. i really want to use some resources up and this is a great idea, but can it be modified or tweeked a tad?

suggestion on this delivery service thing.
can we see how many runes we would receive PER trade? ( not doing all 6 trades, but per box checked ) maybe have a box that says, you will receive 6 bronze for clicking this box, and so forth? does that make any sense? that way we can decide if its worth doing and maybe doing some planning. or replenishing lol

xox
cyn

sunnygirl634
10-01-16, 06:58 PM
did anyone do a trade that was not totally complete? instead of filling all orders you left some blank, did you still get runes from the trade?

xox
cyn

Well, after reading the posts here I guess I've been doing the trades wrong. I've done 3 trades now. Each time I would hit the "deliver" button under each individual item. Nothing happened until I hit deliver on all 6 items. I did not get any runes until all six items were checked off. So I don't think it's possible to do partial trades. At least that was my experience. I didn't realize that I could just hit the "deliver" on the right hand side. I wish there were more detailed instructions on how exactly to do this.

rmmorey
10-01-16, 07:25 PM
do we have to make the tavern with level 6 or can we skip with the 20 gems and still count ??

kattkrazie
10-01-16, 07:28 PM
Well, after reading the posts here I guess I've been doing the trades wrong. I've done 3 trades now. Each time I would hit the "deliver" button under each individual item. Nothing happened until I hit deliver on all 6 items. I did not get any runes until all six items were checked off. So I don't think it's possible to do partial trades. At least that was my experience. I didn't realize that I could just hit the "deliver" on the right hand side. I wish there were more detailed instructions on how exactly to do this.

I think it has to do partial deliveries. If you check off 5 items, but don't have enough of the 6th item, you have 18 hrs. to try to collect the 6th item before Nadina leaves. If you don't collect enough of the 6th item, the 5 items get sent off at the designated time. I don't see any other way for it to work.

sunnygirl634
10-01-16, 07:36 PM
I think it has to do partial deliveries. If you check off 5 items, but don't have enough of the 6th item, you have 18 hrs. to try to collect the 6th item before Nadina leaves. If you don't collect enough of the 6th item, the 5 items get sent off at the designated time. I don't see any other way for it to work.

(Yeah, I know, signature needs some work! lol)

That makes sense. I had not thought about the time limit. Thanks!

cyndora
10-01-16, 07:39 PM
thank you for your responses. i wonder if s8 can give us all the details so we are not wasting resources in " trial phase" .

have a great night friends, going to bed.