PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Chaotarch
11-19-17, 10:45 AM
the Elven Outpost is dead with the new changes:mad::mad:

dont trade Shipwheels, Cursed pearls, Coral Swords, Gold Storm Trident...
... and ornated Stuff + Magic Cement, no way.

Switch back or give us the Option to sell the useless Thing, thx:mad:

MoonVillage3
11-19-17, 11:34 AM
My new trade requested marmosea's fins.. 2 different types.
I'm struggling!!! to get the fins together, buying cursed coral @100,000 each to help spawn those little critters for their fin drops... going broke in the meantime.. and Elvens ask me for fins:confused:

I did notice the Elvens sneek into your inventory to see what you have. They've asked me for the old 'entwindled seeds' a couple times. Not because I have the Love Shack.. I don't, but I did have a couple left over from when I just started. They wanted them.. they're not in use.. I gave. It's not possible they now start asking for precious materials we are using during an event.
That's exaggerating! These exchanges are far from possible.

kattkrazie
11-19-17, 12:44 PM
the Elven Outpost is dead with the new changes:mad::mad:

dont trade Shipwheels, Cursed pearls, Coral Swords, Gold Storm Trident...
... and ornated Stuff + Magic Cement, no way.

Switch back or give us the Option to sell the useless Thing, thx:mad:

I agree. S8 has ruined the elven trades for us. A trade yesterday asked for 36 pink coral. It takes DAYS for that much to drop from the Tidegate and/or pink marmosea. I'm having to let the majority of trades expire which I didn't normally do very often. And to add insult to injury, I have not received a single gold rune since they revamped the trades. So they made the trades harder and the payments worse?? I don't get it!!

I've done some of the more ridiculous trades thinking I'd get gold. Nope. Only bronze. I hate this! :mad:

PrincessCupOButter
11-19-17, 12:54 PM
Not only do they sneak into your inventory, they also sneak into your goal book and see what you need or will soon need, and they ask for large quantities of that too. And not only have I not seen a gold rune in ages, there's barely ever any silver anymore either. :mad:

I agree with the above, with this new trend, S8 may as well let us sell or at least store the Outpost, because these trades aren't happening. Plus it would finally get rid of the crazy bird taking over the game as it comes and goes.

meme1098
11-19-17, 03:29 PM
Agree with all 4 of the above⬆️

Please straighten out the Elven trades & turn off the animation.
No one can or will do any of the outrageous trades being requested at the present time so it's effectively dead as Chaotarch stayed.

SpiritWind00
11-19-17, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback about this... I've flagged this with S8.

PrincessCelestian
11-19-17, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback about this... I've flagged this with S8.

Thanks SW. You're the best! I gave up a magic cement in a trade just a bit ago and got 9 bronze runes. So pointless!

cavegirl1
11-20-17, 02:42 AM
I did notice the Elvens sneek into your inventory to see what you have. They've asked me for the old 'entwindled seeds' a couple times. Not because I have the Love Shack.. I don't, but I did have a couple left over from when I just started. They wanted them.. they're not in use.. I gave.

Yes, I've noticed this too. Twice they have asked for breakfast buffets (I had to remind myself what they were when they came up!) in the last few days just because I had one in inventory ...

MoonVillage3
11-21-17, 07:45 AM
Still eels requested..
And to add some alcohol to the already burning fire.. 24 mirthril!!!

riverly
11-21-17, 01:58 PM
I traded a coral column, coral beam, 22 jelly fish (I was maxed) and 1 fin, some dye and oranges. I got 2 gold runes. The highest quantity were the 28 oranges.
Trade wisely my friends.
Next trade wants the dark seeds. Nope.

GarnetJ
11-27-17, 03:07 PM
I thought the request for 41 Mithril was bad, but my Elven Outpost now wants 10 Marmosea Venoms, 1 purple fin, and 1 blue fin. :eek: Yeah, right. It also requested 7 seaweed and 2 reef columns - that's no problem, but they really need to put in a filter to screen out the exceedingly rare items - especially from the current storyline.

meme1098
11-27-17, 04:02 PM
Yea...no, no, no way am I giving up 46 adamant you greedy Elves!!

PrincessCupOButter
11-27-17, 04:50 PM
37 gold nuggets. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Those greedy elves are so funny! .......Never gonna happen.

MoonVillage3
11-28-17, 12:09 AM
37 gold nuggets. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Those greedy elves are so funny! .......Never gonna happen.
they must be upgrading their buildings to 8th in their Cloud City.. they've run out of gold:) 22 here too.. lol!

Chaotarch
11-28-17, 06:41 AM
still get request for golden Trident!
but i am done with the quest, cant craft them anymore....:mad:

Lyzau
11-29-17, 07:05 AM
My Elf Trades have come to a grinding halt ever since the changes. I simply don't have the rare mermaid materials to complete them.

olcastle
12-03-17, 04:49 PM
QUOTE=Chaotarch;1474219]still get request for golden Trident!
but i am done with the quest, cant craft them anymore....:mad:
[/QUOTE]

Do you mean almost all the crafts will be removed again? Maybe I should hide my Prison in storage so I can't tap on it accidentally to prevent finishing the quest.

cavegirl1
12-15-17, 06:38 PM
Fins, venom and dark pollen. Yep, those elves are definitely at the same stage as me for the mermaid quest...

atiragram
01-23-18, 10:05 AM
I have a wizard school at level 4 with 2 spellbooks to go for level 5. Guess what my elves will want next? Yes, spellbooks! *LOL*

PrincessCupOButter
01-28-18, 12:43 PM
Got this interesting screen the other day. Oh yes please! Let me send her back to the elves!! Maybe it would even get me a few gold runes. ;)

beefus
01-29-18, 02:02 PM
I agree. S8 has ruined the elven trades for us. A trade yesterday asked for 36 pink coral. It takes DAYS for that much to drop from the Tidegate and/or pink marmosea. I'm having to let the majority of trades expire which I didn't normally do very often. And to add insult to injury, I have not received a single gold rune since they revamped the trades. So they made the trades harder and the payments worse?? I don't get it!!

I've done some of the more ridiculous trades thinking I'd get gold. Nope. Only bronze. I hate this! :mad:

Agreed

Been two? years since its been introduced, and I'm at 6 Gold Runes... all this effort for a Daily Alicorn

#fedup

jesslau9
01-29-18, 08:09 PM
Fins, venom and dark pollen. Yep, those elves are definitely at the same stage as me for the mermaid quest...

sorry where are blue fins from? blue fins that looks like bat wings, I looked up The hub, but I don't see a blue fin...

SpiritWind00
01-30-18, 12:09 AM
sorry where are blue fins from? blue fins that looks like bat wings, I looked up The hub, but I don't see a blue fin...
Fins are from defeating marmosea. look in the sticky thread called Of Land and Sea. They're not in the guides yet as the goals are not quite finished... I'm still verifying drops.

AnnirasSweets
01-31-18, 12:02 AM
I was reading through this thread the other day and read that a player was saving their gold runes in case something better was introduced in our Rune Markets. It got me thinking that while I was doing the reasonable trades, I was unsure how many golds I had made, so I checked. I was impressed with myself that I had saved up 19 and was debating whether to make a third Rainbow Ali or save up for the Kiln.

Just now I got my first gold rune in MONTHS and when I opened my Rune Market thinking I'd buy two Rainbow Alis and skip the Kiln, I still only had 19!!! I'd think my memory was faulty but I remember quite clearly thinking that while I only needed one more gold to get two more Alis, it would still take forever since I've only been getting bronze.

Not cool you greedy, thieving elves! Not cool at all!

springtime77
01-31-18, 10:15 AM
I now have access to the Elves. I was anticipating a good trade with them, since they asked for ?40 gold apples? among other items....you know what they gave me? 4 silver and 2 bronze runes...Does that sound fair? It took a while to save the gold apples. I was rewarded more silver and bronze runes for much less in previous trades. It is needful and beneficial for the game to be well balanced, especially on the reward system.

TheRuneRealm
02-03-18, 07:37 PM
Ive just unlocked the outpost and did the first two trades before the recent valentine event came into action. Now im stressed, because theres a box on the right of the screen that says 12 days timer on the elven trades. Im confused; does the trade with the elves stop after 12 days? Is it like with monster hunts, that they're only active from time to time??

AnnirasSweets
02-03-18, 08:27 PM
Ive just unlocked the outpost and did the first two trades before the recent valentine event came into action. Now im stressed, because theres a box on the right of the screen that says 12 days timer on the elven trades. Im confused; does the trade with the elves stop after 12 days? Is it like with monster hunts, that they're only active from time to time??

The Elven Trades are always active, you have 16 hours to complete the trade. If you don't want to trade the items asked for, it will disappear at the end of 16 hours and a new trade will appear 4 hours after that. For some reason, when the bird flies in with a new trade it occasionally says 12 days instead of the usual 16 hours. However it usually goes back to the normal 16 hour timer if I click on it to view what it wants or if I close the game and reopen it. There is a thorough and detailed explanation of the Trading post in the Hub I would suggest reading through if I haven't answered your question.

PrincessCupOButter
02-04-18, 09:44 AM
I now have access to the Elves. I was anticipating a good trade with them, since they asked for ?40 gold apples? among other items....you know what they gave me? 4 silver and 2 bronze runes...Does that sound fair? It took a while to save the gold apples. I was rewarded more silver and bronze runes for much less in previous trades. It is needful and beneficial for the game to be well balanced, especially on the reward system.

If you read back through this thread, there have been a lot of players that have been burned like that. The runes rewarded do not reflect the value of the items given. My rule of thumb now, is that I will not give the elves any rare items. Period. And I also never send it if they are asking for more than 15-20 of any item unless it is super easy to replace, (e.g. water, wood, stone, eggs, reef slab and clay from the mermaids) Also, I never use gems to switch out an item for trade. I just wait until the next trade is available.

The drawback is that I don’t get very many gold runes, but based on all I’ve read, most players don’t get that many anyway.
I can live with that, since I prefer keeping my materials for use in events, and also saving the energy I would have to use to restock.

PrincessCupOButter
02-04-18, 09:51 AM

No need to stress. They never go away. As Anniras said, after each trade expires, a new one shows up 4 hours later. One word of caution, if you happen to be playing when the bird is either leaving or returning, it takes over your board and everything zooms out. If you happen to be collecting anything at the time, this makes it very easy to click on the wrong thing, or worse, spend gems you don’t want to spend. I have learned to watch that timer on the right side of the screen so that I can see if the bird is close to leaving or returning. Good luck with the trades!

christinefourtounis
02-04-18, 02:10 PM
I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but I tired to read through the 130 pages but ran out of time. I am up do the part where I need to visit lady greselda’s Garden but when I go to the market to buy it the garden is locked by goal. Is there a prerequisite I am missing or is it a bug?

SpiritWind00
02-04-18, 02:20 PM
Yes there are prerequisites. Without more info I can’t help you specifically but if you look at the Story Outline Guide or the main story guide about Greselda it will help you.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-New-Main-Story-Goal-Guide/page4

chewingthecud
02-05-18, 12:21 AM
Hello All. Well after playing on and off, I am at 29 gold. I am thinking of getting the mystic kiln as I already have quite a few alicorns. Has anyone already bought it and do you think it is worth it? Thank you!:o

ShibuyaCloth
02-05-18, 09:41 AM
Hello All. Well after playing on and off, I am at 29 gold. I am thinking of getting the mystic kiln as I already have quite a few alicorns. Has anyone already bought it and do you think it is worth it? Thank you!:o

Depends on your level. I am level 50 for so long that I don’t need it. Have maxed all that this building has to offer. So I skip.

chewingthecud
02-05-18, 01:26 PM
Depends on your level. I am level 50 for so long that I don?t need it. Have maxed all that this building has to offer. So I skip.

Thanks Shibuya. I am also a long time player and have been at 50 for years. So the kiln does not give any new crafting options then - much like an ordinary workshop etc? I will have to think about it then. Thanks again for responding!

TheRuneRealm
02-17-18, 01:44 PM
Theres no info regarding if theres a cap on amount of runes..has anyone any experience about that and willing to share? Thanks.

Chaotarch
02-17-18, 02:21 PM
Theres no info regarding if theres a cap on amount of runes..has anyone any experience about that and willing to share? Thanks.

no cap known:eek:
i have over 10k bronze runes....

Nuicakes
03-08-18, 11:16 AM
If you read back through this thread, there have been a lot of players that have been burned like that. The runes rewarded do not reflect the value of the items given. My rule of thumb now, is that I will not give the elves any rare items. Period. And I also never send it if they are asking for more than 15-20 of any item unless it is super easy to replace, (e.g. water, wood, stone, eggs, reef slab and clay from the mermaids) Also, I never use gems to switch out an item for trade. I just wait until the next trade is available.

The drawback is that I don?t get very many gold runes, but based on all I?ve read, most players don?t get that many anyway.
I can live with that, since I prefer keeping my materials for use in events, and also saving the energy I would have to use to restock.

Thank you so much for posting this. I unlocked the elven outpost a few weeks ago and have not been impressed. Most of my trades seem to be 8 bronze runes.

What annoys me the most is not knowing the trade payoffs. I'm a newbie so it takes me a long time to gather almost everything. I learned quickly that trades can be disappointing when I burned through several boosts and finally used gold to complete a trade that ended up giving me 8 bronze runes.

I need to pay more attention to my inventory too because I thought I had 30 silver runes before a recent silver & bronze earning trade.

sarahmarah888
05-06-18, 01:13 PM
omg,i unlocked elven post with so much hope to great trades! and then..i had to pay 10 skunku-pies+ some other stuff,i paid with a hope to get gold or silver runes and i become 8 bronze runes.that's a joke!i guess i'll pass

beefus
05-07-18, 09:11 AM
omg,i unlocked elven post with so much hope to great trades! and then..i had to pay 10 skunku-pies+ some other stuff,i paid with a hope to get gold or silver runes and i become 8 bronze runes.that's a joke!i guess i'll pass

No, this one you'll keep going on... and on and on... you can't remove it from your board, so... anytime you have extras of inventory, its a good way to clear some out... reduce the number of black flags you get on a regular basis.

Its been going now for... three? years... and I still only have earned 9 Gold Runes, still waiting for my first Rainbow Alicorn.

But you will use the bronze and silvers to double your crop returns once in a while, or speed up your timers, both occasionally useful.

And don't think it matters WHAT you give, cause the Elves can ask for (and have) 45 Golden Apples, only to give me 8 Bronze Runes for that trade.

I consider it gambling, can you afford to do without whatever the Elves want, in exchange for 8 Bronze Runes... anything else you get is a bonus.

Good luck,
Chief Beef
MOo!

CharlieGirl9
05-07-18, 09:32 AM

I haven't done too badly with the elves.
I only do the trade if it's stuff I can do without, so I do it three or four times a week. I have four rainbow alicorns, and I've collected nine gold on my way to the fifth alicorn. I use the speed-ups quite often, and have had workshop speed-ups on pretty much full time this weekend, and I still have 545 silver runes (and lots and lots of bronze), so I expect to keep runing through the current challenge.

AnnirasSweets
05-07-18, 10:28 AM
I haven't done too badly with the elves.
I only do the trade if it's stuff I can do without, so I do it three or four times a week. I have four rainbow alicorns, and I've collected nine gold on my way to the fifth alicorn. I use the speed-ups quite often, and have had workshop speed-ups on pretty much full time this weekend, and I still have 545 silver runes (and lots and lots of bronze), so I expect to keep runing through the current challenge.

I'd **** to have those results! In my realm the Elves seem to have something against the silver runes. Over the years I've managed to get 3 rainbow alis. Currently I have enough gold for two more, thousands of bronze runes but I've been stuck on 55 silver for ages.

At this point I'd rather they not give me gold runes if it means I could get some silver. It's always been the silver that holds me back from purchasing more items from the rune market or even using the boosts. I'd throw in the towel and ignore them altogether but I can't resist the lure of the possibility of silver.

MoonVillage3
05-08-18, 01:35 PM
OMG! Isn't this a beauty? See to believe!

I couldn't believe my eyes! and mouth falling open! It's a first time for me as usually get a gold every 2 months maybe.. with daily trades.
Trade was also a simple one.. didn't take a screenshot, but was like: noodles, whips, simple feast, mermaid sand and whatever.. nothing special, rare, nor expensive.

CharlieGirl9
05-08-18, 01:38 PM

I couldn't believe my eyes! and mouth falling open! It's a first time for me as usually get a gold every 2 months maybe.. with daily trades.
Trade was also a simple one.. didn't take a screenshot, but was like: noodles, whips, simple feast, mermaid sand and whatever.. nothing special, rare, nor expensive.

Woo hoo. 3 gold. Nice haul.

meme1098
05-08-18, 03:06 PM

Oh, that's nice, Moon! Congrats. I hadn't been doing anything with Nadina for months. Then I started using boosts for this goal & needed to collect more silver. Of course, those have become awfully *random* now since I need them...lol.

riverly
05-08-18, 03:39 PM
Congrats. I've been patiently waiting for a trade I'm comfortable with. I'm not giving away over 40 adamant.

PrincessCupOButter
05-08-18, 03:54 PM
Congrats. I've been patiently waiting for a trade I'm comfortable with. I'm not giving away over 40 adamant.

Yeah, I think my elves got into the toadstools again. They asked for 46 gold nuggets. :eek: No way no how.......unless they guaranteed me 50 gold runes, then it might be a maybe. Lol

VersaceMorrow
05-08-18, 04:30 PM

Good for you! Funky cold Nadina hasn't given me a gold in months

beefus
05-08-18, 07:02 PM
Good for you! Funky cold Nadina hasn't given me a gold in months

Im still waiting for enough gold to craft my FIRST rainbow Alicorn

#RNG_FTW

MOo
Chief Beef

ps congrats MOon... couldn't have happened to a nicer Village ;)

MoonVillage3
05-09-18, 03:54 AM
Thank you!
Well maybe Nadine heard about my plans of assault with a bazooka when flying low over the glass treasure we see and can't reach. She's bribing me not to stinge her beautiful feathers as has to pass just in front of that exact spot.. great place for an assult! I've been studying her flight ever since she's been trafficking for those mean Elvens.
No.. I don't exchange all requests.. only ones I feel comfortable with and absolutely no rare stuff that took me months to build up and would take me other months to replace.
I really don't care if I don't have anymore Rainbow Alis.. one couple is enough. I get more drops of energy and rainbow decos elsewhere.. my intention is collecting silver for boosting.. and eventually the crafting building, with no hurry at all!

Chaotarch
05-09-18, 05:44 AM
*** just for the Stats***

Mystic Kiln = max 2

yeah, more rainbow-alis:p

MoonVillage3
05-09-18, 06:23 AM
*** just for the Stats***

Mystic Kiln = max 2

yeah, more rainbow-alis:p

Now that's good to know! ..but don't think I'll have problems building too many. I'm struggling to reach the first.
I take this oppurnity to let you know your Horse Power and U-Woo-Hoos are amazing. One day I'll catch you up.. lol! (I'm dreaming).. lol!
It's strong players like you who have the ability, knowledge and power to guide the flock.. Thank you! It doesn't make me sad at all to stare at your kingdom.. instead it gives me smiles and hopes that one day I'll have one like yours too.

Chaotarch
05-09-18, 06:33 AM
Now that's good to know! ..but don't think I'll have problems building too many. I'm struggling to reach the first.
I take this oppurnity to let you know your Horse Power and U-Woo-Hoos are amazing. One day I'll catch you up.. lol! (I'm dreaming).. lol!
It's strong players like you who have the ability, knowledge and power to guide the flock.. Thank you! It doesn't make me sad at all to stare at your kingdom.. instead it gives me smiles and hopes that one day I'll have one like yours too.

thx, sweety <3:rolleyes:
lol, i am struggeling too, with all the mermaidstuff i dont deliever and thats slow down my runeprogress:(:eek:
sometimes dreams comes true...:cool:

Edit: lol, Forummagic: finish easy trade while i am posting and get 2 more Gold runes...:eek:

and a pic for your dreams:o

meme1098
05-09-18, 06:38 AM
lol, i am struggeling too, with all the mermaidstuff i dont deliever and thats slow down my runeprogress:(:eek:

Edit: lol, Forummagic: finish easy trade while i am posting and get 2 more Gold runes...:eek:

Gold runes....lol...what are those? I'm just trying to get some silver right now to replace what I've used for the workshop. They've become almost as rare as the gold ... lol.

AnnirasSweets
05-09-18, 10:39 AM
Gold runes....lol...what are those? I'm just trying to get some silver right now to replace what I've used for the workshop. They've become almost as rare as the gold ... lol.

Too true. The mine must've run dry and now we must wait until the Elves find a new mine to source the silver from.

meme1098
05-09-18, 11:16 AM
Too true. The mine must've run dry and now we must wait until the Elves find a new mine to source the silver from.

I meant silver runes to continue crafting the Fast worker boosts for the workshops. I'm down to just 4 of the boosts right now & need more silver runes to get my number back up to 10 boosts. Those bronze runes are the only ones I seem to be getting right now. At least I'm working on goal 10. I see a light 💡 down there at the end of the tunnel 🤗

Ps...sorry I get your meaning now...sometimes the insomnia doesn't let my brain work at its full capacity...lol

beefus
05-09-18, 11:56 AM
I meant silver runes to continue crafting the Fast worker boosts for the workshops. I'm down to just 4 of the boosts right now & need more silver runes to get my number back up to 10 boosts. Those bronze runes are the only ones I seem to be getting right now. At least I'm working on goal 10. I see a light �� down there at the end of the tunnel ��

Ps...sorry I get your meaning now...sometimes the insomnia doesn't let my brain work at its full capacity...lol

... MOo Miss Lorrainne

ok, this is something I've been playing with the last ... month or two... My bird trades are only done within the first minute, OR the last minute of the 8 hour trading window.

Follow me here... I used to see the Trade was available, I'd make it, I'd get Bronze, I'd whine to myself stupid Elves, and at some point later, OOO, send another Trade, again primarily Bronze returns, occasional Silver.

So I thought if I gave them their trade IMMEDIATELY as soon as the bird arrived, OR made them wait to the very last minute... and much to my surprise, OR much to the oddity of RNG, it worked. I get Silver Runes now almost every time I make a Trade.

Try it... and please prove me wrong(or right) for noticing a pattern that truly only exists in my head.

All hail the MOothraki!
Chief Beef

ps - thanks to Bluetooth technology, I no longer look like a crazy person wandering around talking to myself... if I just remember to wear my ear piece.

MOo!

CharmOfLea
05-09-18, 12:58 PM
56? 56!

Argh, this is not even possible after months and months of collection. S8 please reconsider, this is beyond frustrating.

MoonVillage3
05-09-18, 01:20 PM
56? 56!

Argh, this is not even possible after months and months of collection. S8 please reconsider, this is beyond frustrating.

Oh yes! wicked! I got some of these as well.. blue shells too, which are found only in drops, no chopping. Happily you have to skip.. that way you save the others.. lol!

MoonVillage3
05-09-18, 01:27 PM

and a pic for your dreams:o

Just love that Gold Total! WOW! I'd click it and make the Klin.. but knowing you.. you'd add another Ali.. LOL. Have you found any max on Rainbow Alis yet?

MoonVillage3
05-09-18, 01:31 PM
... MOo Miss Lorrainne

ok, this is something I've been playing with the last ... month or two... My bird trades are only done within the first minute, OR the last minute of the 8 hour trading window.

Follow me here... I used to see the Trade was available, I'd make it, I'd get Bronze, I'd whine to myself stupid Elves, and at some point later, OOO, send another Trade, again primarily Bronze returns, occasional Silver.

So I thought if I gave them their trade IMMEDIATELY as soon as the bird arrived, OR made them wait to the very last minute... and much to my surprise, OR much to the oddity of RNG, it worked. I get Silver Runes now almost every time I make a Trade.

Try it... and please prove me wrong(or right) for noticing a pattern that truly only exists in my head.

All hail the MOothraki!
Chief Beef

ps - thanks to Bluetooth technology, I no longer look like a crazy person wandering around talking to myself... if I just remember to wear my ear piece.

MOo!

This might have some truth in it! I got the reward with 3 Gold and 5 silver towards the end of trading time. I'll try it again next trade.

riverly
05-09-18, 01:41 PM
The only glimmer of a trend that I see with these trades is that it seems that the easier the trade , the better chance of getting silver or gold.
But that might be because those are the only ones I do. Lol.

meme1098
05-09-18, 02:59 PM
... MOo Miss Lorrainne

All hail the MOothraki!
Chief Beef

MOo!

Thanks, Chief!
I'll try to wait to be more patient the next few days & see if things get better for me.

MOo!

And I gott say, CharmofLea, how totally unacceptable that request is! It's not even a bit funny!

Came back to say my latest request is wanting 85 strawberries😵. I have 98 but that still is unacceptable!

Chaotarch
05-11-18, 01:48 AM
Just love that Gold Total! WOW! I'd click it and make the Klin.. but knowing you.. you'd add another Ali.. LOL. Have you found any max on Rainbow Alis yet?

lol, i have 2 Kiln, so i know it is max 2 ( want to buy my third...:rolleyes: ) :eek:
adding nr15 + 16 ....guess max is 99 ( a very long time, even for me ( OMG still 1660 gold runes need:p ))

ShibuyaCloth
05-11-18, 02:33 AM
lol, i have 2 Kiln, so i know it is max 2 ( want to buy my third...:rolleyes: ) :eek:
adding nr15 + 16 ....guess max is 99 ( a very long time, even for me ( OMG still 1660 gold runes need:p ))

If you have 14 Alis, you just need another 850 Golden Rune to max out the Alis. The decoration (Walls, Gates, etc.) have the 99 cap, I am maxed there.

Chaotarch
05-11-18, 02:37 PM
If you have 14 Alis, you just need another 850 Golden Rune to max out the Alis.

ups, gold confuse me...
you are right, have 16 rainbows, means 830 gold runes left...

The decoration (Walls, Gates, etc.) have the 99 cap, I am maxed there.

good to know...
even the marble stuff? during a mh you get a black flag?

are they greyed out or get message limit?

Amarice
05-15-18, 06:13 AM
So I have a Rainbow Ally and I now was painfully saving up 24 more gold coins. It took forever and 6 further gold coins may aswell take another year. Or longer, or shorter, this is very unpredictable.

What do you think, is the Mystic Kiln worth saving up for (which I did thus far after wanting to have the Ali at least once) or is it better to just forget about it and invest the gold into 2 more Ali's?

ShibuyaCloth
05-15-18, 07:11 AM
So I have a Rainbow Ally and I now was painfully saving up 24 more gold coins. It took forever and 6 further gold coins may aswell take another year. Or longer, or shorter, this is very unpredictable.

What do you think, is the Mystic Kiln worth saving up for (which I did thus far after wanting to have the Ali at least once) or is it better to just forget about it and invest the gold into 2 more Ali's?

For me the kiln has no value, except one more item in inventory. My kitchens are idle 95% of the time! Ali‘s on rhe other hand not.

riverly
05-15-18, 07:20 AM
For me the kiln has no value, except one more item in inventory. My kitchens are idle 95% of the time! Ali‘s on rhe other hand not.thanks for posting. I always went for the Rainbow Ali's. I have 6.

Chaotarch
05-15-18, 07:50 AM
For me the kiln has no value, except one more item in inventory. My kitchens are idle 95% of the time! Ali‘s on rhe other hand not.
lol, before the moo-knights are added i have very often used the kiln for swords and armors ( elventrade und adventures ) und the forges for other stuff...:rolleyes:
now i "wasted" 60 gold runes:( but its okay, cuz you never know:eek:

MoonVillage3
05-15-18, 09:42 AM

Depends how many Alis you have. If you have few Alis.. go for others, but if you have enough energy to play comfortably the Kiln I personally see as a milestone to reach. I'm now saving for it then I'll go back to Alis after.

Today another +2 Gold Runes .. that's 5 for this week! and never happened before!

AnnirasSweets
05-15-18, 02:01 PM
Depends how many Alis you have. If you have few Alis.. go for others, but if you have enough energy to play comfortably the Kiln I personally see as a milestone to reach. I'm now saving for it then I'll go back to Alis after.

Today another +2 Gold Runes .. that's 5 for this week! and never happened before!

Congrats, that's an achievement for sure. With luck like that you should go buy a lotto ticket.

bakerygame99
05-15-18, 11:35 PM
Why is the bird always ask for items that you are working on? Now that i'm on Mermaid goal, all the bird is asking for is the mermaid items.

AnnirasSweets
05-16-18, 09:13 AM
Why is the bird always ask for items that you are working on? Now that i'm on Mermaid goal, all the bird is asking for is the mermaid items.

The closest I can figure is that the bird works off of each person's inventory so that she never asks for items you couldn't possibly have. This means that once you start to have orange shells in your inventory, she's going to start asking for them.

Iceglimmer
05-31-18, 11:54 AM
I stopped playing for a year or so, and I missed a few events. My elves keep asking for mushroom-related things, which I don't have. Today I finally caved in and bought the builders guild thinking that would help. It allows me to make the toadstool buildings, but I still don't know how to get the ingredients.

AnnirasSweets
05-31-18, 12:28 PM
I stopped playing for a year or so, and I missed a few events. My elves keep asking for mushroom-related things, which I don't have. Today I finally caved in and bought the builders guild thinking that would help. It allows me to make the toadstool buildings, but I still don't know how to get the ingredients.

Your best bet would be to check the inventory in the HUB for the items needed. Off the top of my head I know that:
Fuzzy Moss comes from ponds/wells
Fuzzy Vines come from Ivy's and higher level Farmhouses
Sparkling Toadstools come from Cottages and Farmhouses

Inventory link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide

And this is the link for the Builder's Guild event that might have some useful info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100396-Castle-Story-8-17-The-Toadlettes!-The-Builders-Guild

Iceglimmer
05-31-18, 08:09 PM
Your best bet would be to check the inventory in the HUB for the items needed. Off the top of my head I know that:
Fuzzy Moss comes from ponds/wells
Fuzzy Vines come from Ivy's and higher level Farmhouses
Sparkling Toadstools come from Cottages and Farmhouses

Inventory link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide

And this is the link for the Builder's Guild event that might have some useful info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100396-Castle-Story-8-17-The-Toadlettes!-The-Builders-Guild

Thanks. I'll have a look. Looks like I'll have to go on adventures to get some things. Wonder if it's worth the effort for the occasional elf request. They just seem to be hammering it a bit since I started back up.

dipwid
05-31-18, 08:41 PM
Check the featured items for sale also. The little toadstool guy is also for sale right now

Dancemom79
08-01-18, 05:45 PM
It is very frustrating. It always asks for the things that are NOT in my inventory and that are hard or expensive to get like mermaid items, mushroom caps, and those sundae desserts. It NEVER drops gold. The only thing that I find worthwhile is making the farmer boost which doubles crop collections. It doubles both the crop, the coins, and the extra energy from the obelisk boost. I can harvest 40 crops using almost no energy at all, and getting decent coins. I have used felora plants to up my coins with the boost many times. You also get lots of dark plants with the Felora blossoms, and they are all doubled as well. I highly recommend using your silver and bronze runes on the double harvest boost - it is really the only thing these runes are good for!

arhoneybee
08-06-18, 02:59 PM
It is very frustrating. It always asks for the things that are NOT in my inventory and that are hard or expensive to get like mermaid items, mushroom caps, and those sundae desserts. It NEVER drops gold. The only thing that I find worthwhile is making the farmer boost which doubles crop collections. It doubles both the crop, the coins, and the extra energy from the obelisk boost. I can harvest 40 crops using almost no energy at all, and getting decent coins. I have used felora plants to up my coins with the boost many times. You also get lots of dark plants with the Felora blossoms, and they are all doubled as well. I highly recommend using your silver and bronze runes on the double harvest boost - it is really the only thing these runes are good for!

When do you get that option? Just started.

MoonVillage3
08-10-18, 06:16 AM
When do you get that option? Just started.
You get this option when you expand your land to the Elven Outpost where the Cloud Sparrow takes off and lands bringing you requests from the Elvens. For each exchange you can fulfill, you're awarded with Runes: bronze, silver, gold.
With Gold Runes you can craft Rainbow Alicorns and eventually the Kiln, which is another crafting spot. BUT gold runes are very rare as payments are not equal to the exchange you have made. They're random, so you end up with tons of Bronze, a good number of Silver and very little Gold.
As post above explains.. Bronze and Silver are useful in crafting Boosts, which speed up crafting time of Work Shops, Potion Shops, Kitchens, growing Crops and reaping Crops.
In the Hub there is a details explanation on how the Elven Outpost works.

MoonVillage3
08-11-18, 03:05 PM
This is worthwhile posting to keep other's hope high!

SpiritWind00
08-11-18, 05:40 PM
Congrats! I try and do the trades as often as I can and I got a 2 gold ones yesterday too. :) was nice to see after so many other non gold trades.

Glimmerless
08-20-18, 12:51 AM
Just wondering, what are the sort of items that some of you will definitely skip a delivery over? The obvious ones are deliveries that ask for Golden items, Adamant, Mermaid's Brew, Royal Sundae, maybe even Noodle, etc.

I have one asking for Skunkupies, and I think there isn't much use for it. I'm debating if I should just send it, even if it will halve my current amount.

Do you guys keep these sort of items? Purple Hide?

deadpixel
08-20-18, 02:40 AM
Just wondering, what are the sort of items that some of you will definitely skip a delivery over? The obvious ones are deliveries that ask for Golden items, Adamant, Mermaid's Brew, Royal Sundae, maybe even Noodle, etc.

I have one asking for Skunkupies, and I think there isn't much use for it. I'm debating if I should just send it, even if it will halve my current amount.

I would usually just give what they ask for if the numbers were in the 1s to 5s, (except for the mermaid items), but would consider on a case-to-case basis if the numbers were high. I once had them asking for 36 Gold Nuggets (I had 99 then), a request that I ignored without needing any deep thought.

I don't know what the Purple Hides are for, but since they never ask for more than 1 or 2, I always give it to them. I have 20+ in store.

Trading regularly is good as it helps to build up the collection of Runes, which in turn allows you to build up your collection of Rainbow Alicorns. I haven't been trading often enough so only have 6 Rainbow Alicorns in my stable. As for the Mystic Klin, opinions may be split on this, but I feel that it's a waste of Runes. I got one early on only to discover that it did everything the Magic Forge did except for the unique event items and items from new storyline quests.

AnnirasSweets
08-20-18, 02:50 AM

For me, whatever item they ask for I consider one thing and one thing only: how easy it is for me to replenish the item in my inventory. I'm a collector and as such, I like to always be maxed out on items which is why I only worry about how long it will take to get back to where my levels were before the trade.

If they want 80 wood? Sure, have at it Elves, I can refill that in a few minutes. Rarer items like the Purple Hide or Skunku-pies, I'd likely only part with 20 or less since that would likely take a month or so for me to refill. I'll part with golden items but again, only if it's less than 20 but that's because I know my resources and know I can easily build it back up but for others that might not be the case. I'm sure it's different for everyone, different considerations and different rules of thumb but that's my basic guideline for Elves.

Glimmerless
08-20-18, 02:33 PM
I would usually just give what they ask for if the numbers were in the 1s to 5s, (except for the mermaid items), but would consider on a case-to-case basis if the numbers were high. I once had them asking for 36 Gold Nuggets (I had 99 then), a request that I ignored without needing any deep thought.

I don't know what the Purple Hides are for, but since they never ask for more than 1 or 2, I always give it to them. I have 20+ in store.

Trading regularly is good as it helps to build up the collection of Runes, which in turn allows you to build up your collection of Rainbow Alicorns. I haven't been trading often enough so only have 6 Rainbow Alicorns in my stable. As for the Mystic Klin, opinions may be split on this, but I feel that it's a waste of Runes. I got one early on only to discover that it did everything the Magic Forge did except for the unique event items and items from new storyline quests.

I try to trade when I can, but it's so disheartening to keep getting Bronze Runes only and occasionally the uncommon Silver. I'm pretty sure the elf dude is engaging in some form of malpractice with these random returns!! I'm on Good Greselda's side for being suspicious of him. I'll keep at it, but as a shorter-time player, I still need a lot of supplies that the Outpost asks for. I currently have 1 Rainbow Alicorn and a single Gold Rune, lol.

I have a lot of Silver Ore I don't know what to do with (max on Platters and not enough Architect's Paste to make Magic Cement), so one Magic Forge is usually making Mithril for 2 days. Older players probably have a lot of Mithril-dropping items, but I feel that the Mystic Kiln would be most helpful to lower experience players - who don't have the supplies to trade for Runes and get one. At current, it would be helpful to me, but by the time I manage to get 30 Gold Runes (if I ever), I don't think I would have much use for it, so I would get 3 Rainbow Alicorns instead.

Thank you for the input. :)

For me, whatever item they ask for I consider one thing and one thing only: how easy it is for me to replenish the item in my inventory. I'm a collector and as such, I like to always be maxed out on items which is why I only worry about how long it will take to get back to where my levels were before the trade.

If they want 80 wood? Sure, have at it Elves, I can refill that in a few minutes. Rarer items like the Purple Hide or Skunku-pies, I'd likely only part with 20 or less since that would likely take a month or so for me to refill. I'll part with golden items but again, only if it's less than 20 but that's because I know my resources and know I can easily build it back up but for others that might not be the case. I'm sure it's different for everyone, different considerations and different rules of thumb but that's my basic guideline for Elves.

Really, even Golden items? I feel like, even if you have a lot, it would be more useful to put those in the Royal Exchange for Gems and a Trade Ticket. It's amazing that you've built up your kingdom to be able to replenish supplies like this. It's still very far for me to be able to do something like that, for now I skipped the Skunkupies delivery because you never know when you'll need them, I guess. I didn't think I'd have use of Skunk Milk, but there was that event with the Spring Skunkupea, so I'll wait for it to get close to max before considering an Outpost trade.

Thank you for sharing your Outpost experience. :)

VersaceMorrow
08-20-18, 07:39 PM
I

Really, even Golden items? I feel like, even if you have a lot, it would be more useful to put those in the Royal Exchange for Gems and a Trade Ticket.

I frequently get maxed on golden apples, which means my gold mines will show mostly black flags preventing me from getting nuggets..... so I am happy when the trade asks for golden apples, and I will give them even when I don't do the rest of the trade.

Glimmerless
08-20-18, 10:09 PM
I frequently get maxed on golden apples, which means my gold mines will show mostly black flags preventing me from getting nuggets..... so I am happy when the trade asks for golden apples, and I will give them even when I don't do the rest of the trade.

Wait, what?? If you get a notice for being full on one item, does it prevent you from obtaining other drops even if they're not full? Or is this specific to the Golden Mine?

ShibuyaCloth
08-20-18, 10:53 PM
Wait, what?? If you get a notice for being full on one item, does it prevent you from obtaining other drops even if they're not full? Or is this specific to the Golden Mine?

If you are full on one item, only that item is affected. Other drops are normal until capped as well.

VersaceMorrow
08-21-18, 12:43 PM

It won't prevent you from getting the other items, but I think my gold mines have a strong apple bias especially when I'm maxed, which means out of 5 mines I will get at least three black flags and 1-2 of the nuggets or eggs

Glimmerless
08-21-18, 02:06 PM
If you are full on one item, only that item is affected. Other drops are normal until capped as well.

It won't prevent you from getting the other items, but I think my gold mines have a strong apple bias especially when I'm maxed, which means out of 5 mines I will get at least three black flags and 1-2 of the nuggets or eggs

I see, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

confuzzled88
08-22-18, 12:24 AM
I have done about 30+ trades amd havent got a single gold rune (i did about 5 one after the other) they didnt use to be this bad. I want the building that requires 30 gold runes. Does anyone else have this problem??

federerGOAT
08-22-18, 03:41 AM
I have done about 30+ trades amd havent got a single gold rune (i did about 5 one after the other) they didnt use to be this bad. I want the building that requires 30 gold runes. Does anyone else have this problem??

Haven't received any gold runes for nearly 2 months, and I do 1-3 trades a day.
Been a really dry spell.

fari85
09-06-18, 05:25 PM
No gold runes for me :(
Not sure I want to do those deliveries

SpiritWind00
09-06-18, 06:16 PM
I had 2 separate gold drops this week. I think you just need to be trading as often as possible to increase your chance at gold runes. I don't do ones that ask for too many items or ones I'm not willing to part with.

meme1098
09-21-18, 12:51 PM
Please voice your support for a flight turnoff option in the Elven Outpost thread in the Suggestions thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106116-Elven-Outpost&p=1541605#post1541605

Maybe, just maybe, S8 will listen if enough voice their concerns about Nadina interruptions.

Rockylandia
09-22-18, 10:22 AM

I do around 2 trades per day and get gold runes maybe once a year

fari85
10-14-18, 07:35 PM
After making the elvennite node and glimmerrite elixir needed for the quest. Do I keep making more of the things in the reliquary. I can’t see anything on the first page hinting on useing other items or more . Am I missing something??

And I really am looking forward to the rainbow unicorn but no matter how many deliveries I do I am not getting any gold runes. Even when highly rare or advance items are needed for delivery shouldn’t it have some sort of reliability or is everything in this game based on probability?

AnnirasSweets
10-14-18, 08:10 PM
After making the elvennite node and glimmerrite elixir needed for the quest. Do I keep making more of the things in the reliquary. I can?t see anything on the first page hinting on useing other items or more . Am I missing something??

And I really am looking forward to the rainbow unicorn but no matter how many deliveries I do I am not getting any gold runes. Even when highly rare or advance items are needed for delivery shouldn?t it have some sort of reliability or is everything in this game based on probability?

As of right now, there are no further uses for any of the Elven crafts other than the Elven Trades themselves requesting them sometimes; so whether or not you continue to craft them is totally up to you.

The Elven Trade payouts are totally random, there's no way to know when or how often you'll receive Gold Runes. I've gone months without seeing a Gold Rune but then other times I get several a week. Overall, my advice is to only trade items you're comfortable with losing, don't feel forced to trade rare and hard to get items like Golden Nuggets to get better rune payouts because you very well might only receive Bronze Runes for them.

fari85
10-14-18, 08:33 PM
Thanks Anniras

deadpixel
10-27-18, 12:25 AM
I came in here to see if anyone else was having a draught on gold showers and it seems that it just boils down to luck. I used to get gold drops at least one trade in a month but haven't gotten a single one for the last three months. I've got over a thousand Bronze runes, 150 Silver runes and just need another 5 Gold runes to craft my next Rainbow Alicorn.

kiteflyer62
10-27-18, 01:12 PM
I'm in absolute disbelief. I just got three golds from the most basic trade... logs, chicken, seaweed. No mermaid potion or Adament or the stuff it asks for and I can't possibly spare. Just confirmation at how random it is.

I've been at 4 gold for months. Still 3 to go for another alicorn.

deadpixel
10-27-18, 10:54 PM
I'm in absolute disbelief. I just got three golds from the most basic trade... logs, chicken, seaweed. No mermaid potion or Adament or the stuff it asks for and I can't possibly spare. Just confirmation at how random it is.

I've been at 4 gold for months. Still 3 to go for another alicorn.

Your trade reward isn't dependant on the contents of your shipment, and it isn't dependant on how regularly you trade. It seems to be completely random. This trading style is different from the trading you carry out in the Dream City: Metropolis game.

VersaceMorrow
10-28-18, 03:28 AM
Your trade reward isn't dependant on the contents of your shipment, and it isn't dependant on how regularly you trade. It seems to be completely random. This trading style is different from the trading you carry out in the Dream City: Metropolis game.

I find that as well, so when deciding whether or not to take the trade, I look at the 6 items and ask myself, how frustrated will I be if I get bronze runes only? If the answer is meh, I do the trade.

MoonVillage3
11-06-18, 05:40 AM
I don't know if this is a rule for all kingdoms, or just a lucky period I'm going through, but all Elven Trades I've completed since I've built the Mystic Kiln contain also Silver Runes. Gold Runes still are seldom, but not so rare as before building the Kiln.
Here's to hoping the era of receiving only Bronze has passed away!

riverly
11-06-18, 08:24 AM
I just did a trade of mermaid items and I got 9 bronze. BUT I got 1 gold so I was glad.
My theory for trades(based on nothing) is that the smaller the quantity requested the greater the chance for silver or gold.
All the quantities needed today were less than 10.

SpiritWind00
11-06-18, 02:54 PM
I've had the kiln for a year and I do try to do a lot all trades, but I don't see any difference in pre and post kiln rune drops. But if it's working for you Moon, then it's a win!:)

I agree with you Riverly!

MoonVillage3
11-07-18, 03:08 PM
I've had the kiln for a year and I do try to do a lot all trades, but I don't see any difference in pre and post kiln rune drops. But if it's working for you Moon, then it's a win!:)

I agree with you Riverly!

It was a rare lucky strike.. I'm now receiving the usual old bronze, so absolutely no change in the exchanges. Was nice while it lasted though!

MoonVillage3
11-09-18, 04:06 PM
I just did a trade of mermaid items and I got 9 bronze. BUT I got 1 gold so I was glad.
My theory for trades(based on nothing) is that the smaller the quantity requested the greater the chance for silver or gold.
All the quantities needed today were less than 10.
This I find true as well.. never have I completed a difficult exchange with appropriate returns.. silver and gold appear when the exchanges were easy.

AnnirasSweets
11-18-18, 12:23 PM
Scored some Gold Runes today which was a treat.

However, I'm now sitting at 26 GRs that I've been trying to save in order to purchase the Mystic Kiln (for no reason other than to check it off my to-do list) but it's sooooo tempting to just spend the Runes on two Rainbow Alis instead of waiting who knows how long for those final Gold Runes to come to me. Patience is not something I'm great at in my games!

deadpixel
11-18-18, 12:49 PM
Scored some Gold Runes today which was a treat.

However, I'm now sitting at 26 GRs that I've been trying to save in order to purchase the Mystic Kiln (for no reason other than to check it off my to-do list) but it's sooooo tempting to just spend the Runes on two Rainbow Alis instead of waiting who knows how long for those final Gold Runes to come to me. Patience is not something I'm great at in my games!

The Mystic Kiln is to the Magic Forge as the Tinker Camp is to the Workshop and as the Cooking Camp is to the Kitchen. You won't have the full capabilities of the Magic Forge, and it definitely won't help in events.

I regrated getting it and wish instead that I'd spent the gold on Rainbow Alicorns, you just can't have enough of them. However, like you said, getting it crosses an item off the to-do list.

AnnirasSweets
11-18-18, 03:53 PM
The Mystic Kiln is to the Magic Forge as the Tinker Camp is to the Workshop and as the Cooking Camp is to the Kitchen. You won't have the full capabilities of the Magic Forge, and it definitely won't help in events.

I regrated getting it and wish instead that I'd spent the gold on Rainbow Alicorns, you just can't have enough of them. However, like you said, getting it crosses an item off the to-do list.

I agree, I adore the Rainbow Alis and would likely buy more even if they didn't drop energy; those Rainbow Pots are the best thing drop ever! It's highly doubtful that I'll even display the Kiln permanently but as a Completionist, I need to get that Kiln off my list. At least, that's what I keep telling myself when those Rainbow Alis catch my eye in the Market.

Honestly, the only reason I'm able to keep strong and hold out for the Kiln is because I've already got 4 of the Rainbows in my realm. If I was just starting to build my Alicorn collection, I'd totally buy a Rainbow Alicorn every time I had enough Gold Runes - no doubts about it!

riverly
11-28-18, 01:23 PM
I used some silver and bronze runes to make the workshop boost so I could speed up the workshop that had about an hour to go. When I activated my boost it set my workshop timer back to 4 hours going at 2 times the speed. I think I lost some time there. I was trying to divide up my boost between 2 craftings of lanterns. Confused. Again!

MoonVillage3
11-28-18, 02:17 PM
I used some silver and bronze runes to make the workshop boost so I could speed up the workshop that had about an hour to go. When I activated my boost it set my workshop timer back to 4 hours going at 2 times the speed. I think I lost some time there. I was trying to divide up my boost between 2 craftings of lanterns. Confused. Again!
That's quite strange. I just tried it on my Potion Shop which was already crafting a Potion. It just continued at a faster speed.. no set back. Next time I'll try on the Workshop during a craft to see if the time rolls back. It shouldn't though, it should continue at the faster speed.

riverly
11-28-18, 02:21 PM
That's quite strange. I just tried it on my Potion Shop which was already crafting a Potion. It just continued at a faster speed.. no set back. Next time I'll try on the Workshop during a craft to see if the time rolls back. It shouldn't though, it should continue at the faster speed.Im going to test it myself again later. Maybe I just saw it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

MoonVillage3
11-28-18, 02:40 PM
I agree, I adore the Rainbow Alis and would likely buy more even if they didn't drop energy; those Rainbow Pots are the best thing drop ever! It's highly doubtful that I'll even display the Kiln permanently but as a Completionist, I need to get that Kiln off my list. At least, that's what I keep telling myself when those Rainbow Alis catch my eye in the Market.

Honestly, the only reason I'm able to keep strong and hold out for the Kiln is because I've already got 4 of the Rainbows in my realm. If I was just starting to build my Alicorn collection, I'd totally buy a Rainbow Alicorn every time I had enough Gold Runes - no doubts about it!

The only reason I built the Kiln was because it's a milestone to be reached. If I didn't already have an Ali flock, yes, and without doubt I'd prefer another 3 Rainbow Alis instead.
I see the Kiln still in the Rune Market, so assume we can have more than one.. but next time, which seems forever, it'll surely be the choice of an Ali.
One Kiln is more than enough though.. unfortunately it doesn't have any crafts to do with the newer building upgrades, which would have made it more appealing, there are only the simple crafts.

However for the fatigue it costs in collecting gold runes, with hundreds! of exchanges and materials donated.. it could have contained ALL the crafts. Mine's always crafting due to the fact it was so costly.. even during events to keep up the material supplies.

Melany77
12-09-18, 11:51 PM
The elves asked for the most ridiculous thing ever today, and believe me I?ve seen enough ridiculousness. 41 luminous silvers. Just. Go. Away. Bird.

We?d better sit the elves down and negotiate a new fair trade deal. Enough with all these outrageous, unfair, shady deals!

MoonVillage3
12-10-18, 12:14 AM
The elves asked for the most ridiculous thing ever today, and believe me I?ve seen enough ridiculousness. 41 luminous silvers. Just. Go. Away. Bird.

We?d better sit the elves down and negotiate a new fair trade deal. Enough with all these outrageous, unfair, shady deals!
Just out of curiosity... did you craft any of the luminous silvers before this request? I'm trying to figure out if what we craft in our kingdom is connected to what they request.

Melany77
12-10-18, 12:34 AM
Interestingly, I did make a silver bar earlier. But I’ve been making them pretty frequently, whenever I reach 99 silvers, and I don’t think I’ve been asked for them before. Or maybe I just don’t remember.
I notice every once in a while they’d ask for stuffs that I maxed out long ago and had no use for such as feral magic, mysterious venom, or even valentines entwined seedlings. If i send them then they’ll keep asking again for the items a few more times, though in lower quantities.

Also I notice that the more I have of an item, the larger quantity they demand. If I have under 10 in stock they’ll ask for single digit number of items, but if I have 99 of something they’ll ask for 45 for example.

topmom952
12-10-18, 04:12 PM
So, without reading through all 1300+ posts, is there any way to know what runes you might get? All I'm getting are bronze. I'll never achieve the rainbow alis like this. Can you trade up like with troll tokens? Thanks

Destiel0918
12-10-18, 04:19 PM
So, without reading through all 1300+ posts, is there any way to know what runes you might get? All I'm getting are bronze. I'll never achieve the rainbow allis like this. Can you trade up like with troll tokens? Thanks

No - they are random. Gold one is ultra rare drop. It took me like forever to get enough for ally and for 1 mystic kin. ( 10 ffor ally and 30 gold for building) - but I have both...it just drops ultra rarely. If you think filling some outrageous quest with really insane asks ( like 70 golden nuggets) will give you better chances -NO, just as likely to get bronze. So skip those - always check what they are asking. Elves are sneaky and sometimes they ask really rare items - and quite a lot- I've been asked like 70 mithril, golden nuggets, eels - those are nightmare to get if you need those... so always check what they want - giving them better items does NOT increase your chances of getting gold. Just be patient -eventually you will get there.

MoonVillage3
12-10-18, 04:23 PM
Interestingly, I did make a silver bar earlier. But I’ve been making them pretty frequently, whenever I reach 99 silvers, and I don’t think I’ve been asked for them before. Or maybe I just don’t remember.
I notice every once in a while they’d ask for stuffs that I maxed out long ago and had no use for such as feral magic, mysterious venom, or even valentines entwined seedlings. If i send them then they’ll keep asking again for the items a few more times, though in lower quantities.

Also I notice that the more I have of an item, the larger quantity they demand. If I have under 10 in stock they’ll ask for single digit number of items, but if I have 99 of something they’ll ask for 45 for example.

Thank you! So maybe if we want them to ask for something we're willing to give.. we just keep crafting that object. But knowing the smart Elvens.. they'll add what we don't want to hand over.. lol!

So, without reading through all 1300+ posts, is there any way to know what runes you might get? All I'm getting are bronze. I'll never achieve the rainbow alis like this. Can you trade up like with troll tokens? Thanks

The answer is NO! Payments are random drops and never equivalent to the exchange made.

arhoneybee
12-17-18, 11:02 AM
The harvest boost... does it double your coins too or
Just the item?

ShibuyaCloth
12-17-18, 12:27 PM
The harvest boost... does it double your coins too or
Just the item?

Just items & energy, not the coins. Would be nice :)

shortdanzr
04-25-19, 03:50 PM
if that dang bird wants more rare items-do you tend to get better runes? or is it a toss up

Destiel0918
04-25-19, 03:56 PM
if that dang bird wants more rare items-do you tend to get better runes? or is it a toss up

Fell for that trap several times- NO. Drops won't change. I once paid like 60 Mithril - and got 8 bronze runes. It is just a trap. Don't ever fall for it.
Just skip those which ask for truly rare and hard to get items - tons of golden nuggets ( mine once asked 70)....etc - you won't get any better chances than with regular normal asks. Elves are sneaky little dudes who just want to rob you. They also seem weirdly obsessed with Mermaid items.

bobbyrae
04-25-19, 04:01 PM
Trap. Don't fall for it.

Nessell
04-25-19, 04:07 PM
the theiving bird will just laugh at you as he hands over a few bronze runes for your trouble....the one that visits my queendom seems to have a liking for items I need for events at the moment....:mad:

shortdanzr
04-25-19, 04:31 PM
mine is obessed with toadstool/mushroom caps from the adventures. but i don't want/need another monster to slay. most of what she/he/it wants is each common stuff that i have a ton of (15 tomatoes, 7 animal hides, 5 orange feathers =all things i am just shy of max on), but she wants 19 gold apples. unlike some poeople, i don't have a lot of gold apples. i have a decent amount if they were needed for something (what i dont know). but not 19 extra. if it was 1-i wouldn't question it
guess i will wait for tomarrow's request
thank you for all your help

Melany77
05-02-19, 08:08 AM
mine is obessed with toadstool/mushroom caps from the adventures. but i don't want/need another monster to slay. most of what she/he/it wants is each common stuff that i have a ton of (15 tomatoes, 7 animal hides, 5 orange feathers =all things i am just shy of max on), but she wants 19 gold apples. unlike some poeople, i don't have a lot of gold apples. i have a decent amount if they were needed for something (what i dont know). but not 19 extra. if it was 1-i wouldn't question it
guess i will wait for tomarrow's request
thank you for all your help

Wow you're lucky. My bird almost never wants common stuff, she's always asking for 41 gold nuggets or 6 spellbound beams, 6 sweet feasts or 46 skunkupies. If she ever asks for common stuff like strawberry she'd want a huge amount like 80.

I wonder if the requirements correlate with your level and your inventory. I notice the more I have of something the higher the requirement. Like when I have 99 mysterious venoms she'd ask for 46. If I send them, the next time she'd ask for 30 or so because now I only have 50's.

Maybe I should stop stocking up on stuff. Having 99 of everything will just get me punished it feels like.

Edit: right now the bird is asking me for, among other things, 24 purple hides, 30 truffles, 85 strawberries, etc. It took me ages to collect purple hides and even though I don't know what to use them for I'm not giving them up. Anyone else like me? Lol

Destiel0918
05-02-19, 08:49 AM
Wow you're lucky. My bird almost never wants common stuff, she's always asking for 41 gold nuggets or 6 spellbound beams, 6 sweet feasts or 46 skunkupies. If she ever asks for common stuff like strawberry she'd want a huge amount like 80.

I wonder if the requirements correlate with your level and your inventory. I notice the more I have of something the higher the requirement. Like when I have 99 mysterious venoms she'd ask for 46. If I send them, the next time she'd ask for 30 or so because now I only have 50's.

Maybe I should stop stocking up on stuff. Having 99 of everything will just get me punished it feels like.

Edit: right now the bird is asking me for, among other things, 24 purple hides, 30 truffles, 85 strawberries, etc. It took me ages to collect purple hides and even though I don't know what to use them for I'm not giving them up. Anyone else like me? Lol

Same - I never give up adamant ( almost never use it - I think game has asked it for TWICE in all history) - but i'm NOT giving up rarest material which is so hard to get. Especially if Bird asks for like 80 of it. Has anyone else been wondering what are the elves up too? Trying to weaken us before declaring war on us?

shortdanzr
05-02-19, 11:00 AM
oh t hsi time she was 6 mushroom caps, 3 mushroom beams & 27 builder's paste.

SofiaDeo
05-04-19, 06:16 PM
Today mine wanted 13 gold nuggets, no way.....

Goobzer
06-04-19, 08:15 PM
Does the harvest champion boost also double the money you make off the crops or only the amount of crops you get??

SpiritWind00
06-05-19, 04:26 AM
Does the harvest champion boost also double the money you make off the crops or only the amount of crops you get??
Hi, welcome to the forum! No, it doesn't give double money. Here's a copy of a post to the same question with extra info ;)

Unfortunately no. The harvest boost does not double the amount of coins dropped during harvesting. Several players tested that out during the first set of mermaid goals. However, it does double the amount of whaterever is being harvested, plus any special drops. (So if a dark plant drops while harvesting felloras, those will be doubled, which is helpful for those working on 'sister, sister') I believe I read a post earlier that the dark pollen drops were doubled (I'm not there yet....still trying to get enough storm water to craft the necklace. :( ) And any energy return is also doubled while the boost is active. So it's still a pretty helpful little boost.

For high coin drops, don't forget the little fairy houses, fairy bulbs, the cathedral, and the forgotten roost. They all drop 2k+ coins. Well worth the energy imo.

setanta101
08-31-19, 12:37 AM
Is there a limit to how many items u can buy with gold runes? I have 3 rainbow Ali?s ,the gold slot in rune market is now empty..(no building either)

setanta101
08-31-19, 01:57 AM
Looking again all still there if I swipe across in ?all? tab ,just missing from the gold tab

JCrewS11
10-25-19, 03:23 AM
She’s asking for I believe are mushroom tops. What are they and how do I get them?

PammyBabyx
02-06-20, 11:45 PM
I can not find us at all driving me insane lol

SpiritWind00
02-07-20, 01:19 AM
I can not find us at all driving me insane lol
Gold runes? Yes they are quite rare.... to increase your chances, you just have to keep trading. Although, personally I don't do the ones that ask for anything rare like golden items. It's been well reported that the gold runes are random drops and usually fall from trades that are simple common items. Keep trying! :)

fari85
10-31-20, 11:42 PM
I am missing something. What do we use the items crafted in elven reliquary?

SpiritWind00
11-01-20, 12:55 AM
I am missing something. What do we use the items crafted in elven reliquary?
Still don't know as yet... a mystery to be revealed at some point :)

fari85
11-01-20, 01:15 PM

Ok thanks

TheQueenKnd
07-09-21, 09:15 PM

I?ve been wondering this for awhile now.

mymonta
11-17-21, 04:41 PM
I was thinking that we should have a thread where we could laugh about the insane items that the Elves ask us for. I didn't know that this thread already existed (although it isn't exactly about laughing about the requests). I don't mind spending 5 gems to refresh what they are asking for if there is only 1 item that I am not willing to trade, but the other day I ended up wasting 20 gems because it just kept asking me for things I barely have any of, like Adamant and Feral Magic.

I managed to get 1 Rainbow Alicorn on each of 2 of my 4 accounts. The others are still waiting.

icastled
01-25-24, 11:46 PM
Sorry this is long, but I am confused!!

This storyline seems to be bouncing around through the different parts.

Part 1 - I could not have completed this as I do not have a level 6 Tavern yet. I do not sell my inventory, so unless it vanished… ??? I am perplexed!! I double-checked my inventory and only have level 5 Taverns.

Edit to add: I found another story guide separate from this one that indicates Tavern level 5 was reported to be the requirement, so maybe that answers most of the confusing part, just not how I am on Part 4 but have completed Part 5.

Part 2 - Not sure what the term “expansion square” refers to, but I have the Elven Outpost, just not sure how I accomplished that since I haven’t done Part 1 (I know, I feel as crazy as you think I am)

Part 3 - I have the Elven Outpost and I am actively making deliveries and collecting Runes. The Elven Reliquary is still a locked goal in the Rune Market, as I have not completed Part 4 goal 5 yet.

Part 4 - I just completed goal 1 of this part so it is my active part right now.

Part 5 - And this part has apparently been completed because I already have the Apothecary and regularly activate boosts.

Also, the expansion plot (N2) in the southeast section of the kingdom changed. Initially it had the goals for Part 4 goal 1 as the requirements to expand! But when I completed goal 1, the expansion requirements changed to goal 2. Is it going to be this way all through this part? And at what point will I be able to expand to this plot? The storyline goals have no reference (that I could find) to this expansion.

This storyline has me stumped!! Any input to help me make sense of this?