PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

royaldrangoness
01-13-17, 12:19 PM
So after Turbulent totem that ends the story???? What was the point of crafting the node and elixir?? What can we use the reliquary for besides crafting things that are unusable?? I must be missing something someone please help me understand this.

riverly
01-13-17, 03:29 PM
So after Turbulent totem that ends the story???? What was the point of crafting the node and elixir?? What can we use the reliquary for besides crafting things that are unusable?? I must be missing something someone please help me understand this.there is no use for them now, but most players I think are assuming that this quest line will start again later. In the meantime, a lot of players are trying for a rainbow Ali, but this is a long term goal because gold runes are somewhat rare and take numerous trades to get 10 collected. The amounts or values of items do not have any bearing on what you get in exchange. It's kinda a gamble, but the more trades you choose to do the more chances you have of getting gold runes, but it can wreck havoc on your inventory. And also elvenite is coming from the mines, but there really isn't a use for them yet. I call it an open ended goal. Hoping it will lead to something else later It's just a personal choice if you want to do trades or not do them.

riverly
01-13-17, 11:31 PM
Has anyone gotten the mystic kiln?

SpiritWind00
01-13-17, 11:34 PM
Has anyone gotten the mystic kiln?
Yep, that's how I have the info in the Elven Hub thread (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-Runes-Boosts-How-it-works&p=1365212&viewfull=1#post1365212)! :) It's another magic forge.

danzplace
01-14-17, 07:51 AM
Thanks for th hub thread. Very useful!

roguebee
01-14-17, 03:55 PM
When I get the black flag telling me I can't collect any more elvenite, I make something to use it up. So I guess I'm spending worthless resources to make worthless items for storage. Maybe one day...

rulerofjennyville
01-15-17, 02:07 AM
I'm going to stop doing the elven quests once I get that rainbow ali

ShibuyaCloth
01-15-17, 02:29 AM
When I get the black flag telling me I can't collect any more elvenite, I make something to use it up. So I guess I'm spending worthless resources to make worthless items for storage. Maybe one day...

Reminds why I made the u-goals :p

But I cannot make any more useless items as we have a cap them as well. Oh well, mow we have this outpost to flush surplus.

MoonVillage3
01-15-17, 05:37 AM

But I cannot make any more useless items as we have a cap them as well. Oh well, mow we have this outpost to flush surplus.
You made me laugh :)
Yes! we're 'flushing' surplus away down the drain.. cause we're not getting paid enough for our ElvenTrades. 1 GoldRune a month (or even less) makes me look into the future and see my game being left in heredity to my grandkids to complete my RainbowAli.

rulerofjennyville
01-15-17, 05:52 AM
You made me laugh :)
Yes! we're 'flushing' surplus away down the drain.. cause we're not getting paid enough for our ElvenTrades. 1 GoldRune a month (or even less) makes me look into the future and see my game being left in heredity to my grandkids to complete my RainbowAli.

Is there any other way to get a gold rune? They should do what they do with the gold tokens and make an item that drops them.

riverly
01-15-17, 07:46 AM
I need 1 more gold rune to craft my 3rd rainbow Ali. Putting trades on hold while I make snowballs. (Maybe). I think I'm getting obsessed with the trades!!!

ashley224
01-15-17, 09:37 AM
I need 1 more gold rune to craft my 3rd rainbow Ali. Putting trades on hold while I make snowballs. (Maybe). I think I'm getting obsessed with the trades!!!

Almost done your 3rd rainbow Ali, congrats! I'm still working on #2.

rulerofjennyville
01-15-17, 09:41 AM

I'd settle for one. I'm lacking four gold runes.

roguebee
01-15-17, 06:47 PM
Almost done your 3rd rainbow Ali, congrats! I'm still working on #2.

I guess so you say I'm working on my second, too, since I did get my first one. But I think I'm making elven elixir and stuff faster than I'm collecting more gold runes.

roguebee
01-15-17, 06:56 PM

I didn't see that we have an unofficial goal for the Elven Reliquary? Not that I'm close to max'ing out anything from there.

jbfps116
01-16-17, 02:56 PM
insane. haven't got gold runes in forever.
also can we have a broader selection of items in the rune market?? Im overflowing with silver and bronze

PrincessCupOButter
01-16-17, 05:55 PM
I can't help but feel jealous of the posts about the third (or fifth!) rainbow Alis. :-(
I'm still stuck waiting for the last two gold runes to make a first (and probably only) rainbow Ali. With the gold rune drop rate I'm experiencing, getting a second Ali will be nearly impossible. And I believe I can safely forget about ever getting that forge....
It doesn't help that as of today, I'm suspending the trades again until I finish the current storybook. The elves always seem to want mass quantities of whatever materials the current quests need. Sigh.

GlvtenFree
01-16-17, 10:24 PM
i finally got a gold rune today
its crazy how random they are i think the devs need to fix this
im lvl 50 and play almost all day everyday and make atleast 5 trades a day or more and i just now got one gold rune and ive been trading since this expansion came out

jo_fitz
01-17-17, 07:12 AM
I want the Rainbow Ali and the kiln so much. But I am stuck at 8 gold runes.

farmgirl8888
01-20-17, 09:09 AM
Is the Rainbow Ali no longer available? I have two more gold runes to collect but, I don't see it listed anymore. It does come from the Elven Reliquery, right?

Ops, just found it.

MoonVillage3
01-21-17, 03:11 PM
i finally got a gold rune today
its crazy how random they are i think the devs need to fix this
im lvl 50 and play almost all day everyday and make atleast 5 trades a day or more and i just now got one gold rune and ive been trading since this expansion came out
I second you on this! I have enough Bronze and Silver Runes to make Boosters for a whole year! After making my 1st RainbowAli, months ago, I have received 1 Gold Rune and like you, exchange continously and daily.
Now I've stopped exchanging after the Cloud Sparrow wanted 28 Gold Nuggets!!!!! "No, None, Nothing, Nada!" I said. That was just too much! What I exchange I work for organizing time and energy.. and expect 'a fair exchange'. It's not worthwhile going there for what is given. It really makes me feel bad, sad and unsatisfied and that's not my thing! My kingdom functions perfectly with my Inventory full and ready for events.. without other Rainbow Alis nor the Kiln.

ashley224
01-21-17, 04:36 PM
The elves are asking me for 44 adamant. Along with 45 living wood, 30 silver and more... can't upload photo. They've got to be kidding!

cheers196
01-21-17, 04:45 PM
The bird wants 48 gold nuggets today! Yeah, right!

TerraRanomi
01-21-17, 04:54 PM

Haha, seriously? I think it would only be fair you get at least 1 golden rune in return when you give rare items such as nuggets or adamant.

meme1098
01-21-17, 06:13 PM

That request should garner at least 2 gold runes, but 3 would be more equitable.

PrincessCupOButter
01-21-17, 07:31 PM

48 gold nuggets should get 10 gold runes. That's half of a maxed out inventory. And it takes almost as long to max on gold nuggets as it does to get one gold rune.

Once again I'm requesting that S8 renegotiate the trade agreement with these greedy little elves. They want designer boutique merchandise for dime store prices. At the very least, let us see what the payment will be, so we can decide if the trade is worth it.

cheers196
01-21-17, 07:51 PM
When the bird asked me anything gold in the past, I got only bronze runes for the exchange. No exceptions. I refuse to do that again.

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 08:23 PM
I am one of the lucky ones that has managed to get one rainbow Ali (with gold runes coming on 'cheap' deliveries ...). A delivery yesterday wanted at least 30 of 5 different things... Not doing that.

So I'd be happy to ignore the outpost if I could move it. I am guessing it is the bird animations flying in and out that make it more complex to code the software to allow it to be moved.

Given everyone wants the animations removed, then they could **** 2 birds with one stone (pun half intended ;) ). Stop the animations and give us the bonus of moving/storing it.

cyndora
01-21-17, 08:32 PM
i gave up hope on this bird and the elves a while ago. i agree with the post that says the animation should be removed that way we can move the building since SPACE IS LIMITED.

all these polls with expansions in them and we dont get them , we get more things to squeeze in our kingdoms.....

this flower thing is ok, i love the idea. can this be implemented into cows and chickens , have a building , put 20 max chicken and cows on a 1 hour timer, click once and get 20 milks and eggs, that would help with some room on our boards... we can remove the stables and hatcheries and get that space back as well since the super duper farm or whatever would be smaller.

just a thought in a random forum, from a random person.

i am for removing the blue bird animation and building.

PrincessCupOButter
01-21-17, 08:55 PM
Yes! Please stop the animation and let us move or store the building....or at least stop that crazy bird from taking over the kingdom as it comes and goes. And if we can't store the building, at least shrink it. Why do elves need an entire 4x4 square? Aren't they supposed to be tiny?

And since I'm asking for the impossible anyway, it would also be awesome if we could hide the timer too!

cavegirl1
01-21-17, 09:05 PM
Yes :) Hide the timer too !

meme1098
01-21-17, 09:16 PM
OMG...please stop the animation, S8!!!! That darn bird interrupts me & takes over my game board every darn time it comes or goes.

Totally agree with all of you above about the inequity of the rewards in relation to the trade items. And....I'm totally in agreement regarding the huge footprint for the Trading Post. It doesn't need to take up that much space.

riverly
01-22-17, 11:27 AM
Yes :) Hide the timer too !if you all are talking about that crazy feather thing that sticks up, I also have to add-please remove it or give us the option to turn it off.

TerraRanomi
01-22-17, 11:56 AM
if you all are talking about that crazy feather thing that sticks up, I also have to add-please remove it or give us the option to turn it off.

Not sure if you are talking about the feathers popping up on buildings, ponds, etc. but you can turn those off in settings. Otherwise, ignore my post.;)

meme1098
01-22-17, 12:32 PM
Not sure if you are talking about the feathers popping up on buildings, ponds, etc. but you can turn those off in settings. Otherwise, ignore my post.;)

Yes that is easy to turn off. Tap Menu, Settings, scroll down to Turn off Nadina's feathers.

riverly
01-22-17, 12:48 PM
I was talking about the feather that bounces around on the top of the outpost. It has a timer on it. Why do we need one there?
Can we turn that one off?

meme1098
01-22-17, 01:40 PM
I was talking about the feather that bounces around on the top of the outpost. It has a timer on it. Why do we need one there?
Can we turn that one off?

Don't think so. I've turned the feathers off in settings but that has never gone away. Don't know what purpose that thing serves since there's no actual clock there...lol.

VersaceMorrow
01-22-17, 03:19 PM
And....I'm totally in agreement regarding the huge footprint for the Trading Post. It doesn't need to take up that much space.

Really... it is only 9 squares in graphics, why does it need 16 squares? There is no way to fill the dead space around it. In fact I have noticed the last few event buildings, notably the haunted castle and the sand palace wasting a whole row of squares that aren't even used in the graphics. WHY???

PrincessCupOButter
01-22-17, 05:55 PM
if you all are talking about that crazy feather thing that sticks up, I also have to add-please remove it or give us the option to turn it off.

I was referring to the timer on the right side of the screen, but I agree, the dangling feather can go too.

My theory is that the bird taking over the kingdom, (right in the middle of playing :mad: ) the timer, and the bouncing feather over the bird are all in place to make sure we can't just ignore the greedy elves. (As if we could possibly miss the outpost taking up a 4x4 square of prime real estate!)
At least they give us the ability to hide the little feathers that appear over everything the elves want.

FrostedThings
01-22-17, 08:01 PM
OMG! So excited! I finally got a rainbow ali! I actually gasped when I did a trade and got a gold rune, which gave me enough for my ali! Yaaaay!

kendysek
01-23-17, 05:27 AM
Congrats! It must be cute.
I'm only one gold rune from my rainbow ali. :rolleyes:

PrincessCelestian
01-23-17, 01:23 PM
So I now have 1010 bronze runes to my 4 gold runes. I have managed a total of 14 gold runes the whole time I have been playing and I average a trade a day. Me thinks your ratios are grossly off S8

Clark_Wayne
01-23-17, 04:21 PM
anyone got the magic kiln ? i want to know if it is worth the 30 gold runes :D (since it craft same as magic forge)
if not i will then buy more rainbow alicorns (got already 1)

hkcorrigan
01-23-17, 09:42 PM
I'm doing a double happy dance right now!!! I just did a trade and got 3 gold runes!! That brought me to 10 and now I have a beautiful rainbow alicorn in my kingdom!!! Patience and persistence pays off!

PrincessCupOButter
01-23-17, 09:53 PM
I'm doing a double happy dance right now!!! I just did a trade and got 3 gold runes!! That brought me to 10 and now I have a beautiful rainbow alicorn in my kingdom!!! Patience and persistence pays off!

Woohoo! Congrats!
I just got one gold rune, so I'm now at 9. I had to double check to make sure it was real. Lol
One more to go!

rulerofjennyville
01-24-17, 05:52 AM
I'm finding that if I don't do every trade but wait for one that has items I can afford to waste I get more silver. Still haven't gotten any more gold.

MoonVillage3
01-24-17, 06:24 AM
OMG! I got a Gold Rune! and Silver too! I can't believe it!
I had stopped exchanges since last time I posted as I was sooo angry with that Buzzard Sparrow after dareing to ask '28 Gold Nuggets'! Just too much to accept with all the difficulties to find them. Now I just looked and saw an easy, common material trade so.. ok.
:eek: I got 7 Bronze, 4 Silver and 1 Gold :eek:
Or it's my lucky day? Or not true we have to continously exchange daily?

meme1098
01-24-17, 01:17 PM
Congrats, bingo & Moonvillage!

I crafted my Ali about a month or so ago & haven't gotten a single gold rune since. I'm not gonna even bother too much anymore unless its something that's easily replaced & gives me something to do.

ktorewqas
01-24-17, 04:59 PM
I crafted two Ali very soon after I got the output, since then the gold runes are hard to get. I wrote down the date that I got gold rune (s):
Dec 14 1
Dec 22 1
Dec 27 1
Dec 30 1
Jan 3 1
Jan 17 1
Jan 18 1
Jan 24 2

So it's like a week or so. Today I gave out 30 golden apples for two gold runes. I almost hand over 28 gold nuggets for the following trade but thought about it for a while and decided to ignore it ;)

ShibuyaCloth
01-24-17, 11:48 PM
I crafted two Ali very soon after I got the output, since then the gold runes are hard to get. I wrote down the date that I got gold rune (s):
Dec 14 1
Dec 22 1
Dec 27 1
Dec 30 1
Jan 3 1
Jan 17 1
Jan 18 1
Jan 24 2

So it's like a week or so. Today I gave out 30 golden apples for two gold runes. I almost hand over 28 gold nuggets for the following trade but thought about it for a while and decided to ignore it ;)

You have a good drop rate, I do most trade except those with outrageous rare or very materials requirements, like 50 golden nuggets. I just managed to get my first Ali since inception.

ktorewqas
01-25-17, 06:33 PM
You have a good drop rate, I do most trade except those with outrageous rare or very materials requirements, like 50 golden nuggets. I just managed to get my first Ali since inception.
Congrats! I just got my third one few mins ago :D I gave out 49 skunk pies for 8 bronze then 1 gold for an easy one following ... Random

katbtodd
01-26-17, 01:56 AM
My little elves are getting greedier and greedier ... Up to 75 thinks in one category it would be ok ,,but it seems they want more ...like 75 strawberry , 75 red peppers and 50 glimmer bulbs 50 wood 75 red flower petals and 45 golden eggs this is the way it's been for the last week,, come on and it gives nothing in return if you choose to give,and always wants 36 or more blue fish , I never stay stocked up on those ..but have learn ponds give back quicker then wells ,i will never get the gold rures I need at this rate , don't take me wrong I don't mine giving up some of my stuff just not all at the same time ,
Never want to give us so much stuff just before update !!!!!

MoonVillage3
01-26-17, 08:42 AM
My greedy Elven Sparrow wants 44 Gold Nuggets!!! (and my eyes bulge out of my eye sockets)
3 days ago wanted 30 Golden Apples..
2 days ago 30 Skunky Pies..
Not even after an event will I give!
NO NONE NADA NOTHING you're going to get.. move from there! Are you out of your mind? :(
That's NO fun replacing!

riverly
01-26-17, 08:53 AM
Mine is asking for 35 gold nuggets. Not gonna happen! I just do the ones I feel comfortable with. My next Ali may be a long time coming. But that's ok. I can wait. I think I'll save my gold to do the exchanges for gems since I have the mine now.

ktorewqas
01-26-17, 09:58 AM
My greedy Elven Sparrow wants 44 Gold Nuggets!!! (and my eyes bulge out of my eye sockets)
3 days ago wanted 30 Golden Apples..
2 days ago 30 Skunky Pies..
Not even after an event will I give!
NO NONE NADA NOTHING you're going to get.. move from there! Are you out of your mind? :(
That's NO fun replacing!
And boar feral magic! I ignore any trade asking for them and I can not keep up the speed of the blue fish demand

MoonVillage3
01-26-17, 11:24 AM
And boar feral magic! I ignore any trade asking for them and I can not keep up the speed of the blue fish demand
Oh yes.. Blue Fish! Could we have another resource of Blue Fish please? Maybe from the Fish Market as well? Or simply more drops from the lake and wells?
I have 8Lakes and 12Wells out.. but even then very slow in restocking Blue Fish for the Elven Exchanges.

katbtodd
02-01-17, 07:45 AM

These little elves are getting so greedy

PrincessCupOButter
02-01-17, 09:13 AM

Getting?!? Lol! They have reached a new level of greed with that one!

This time they wanted 14 of my 29 purple hides. We shared a good laugh, then I told them to get lost.
I realize that there is no other use for purple hides, but I also know as soon as I give them away, some timed quest will require them. :-/

And....I totally agree with the previous posts....blue fish and feral magic are just too hard to replenish. I skip those trades and also the ones wanting a ton of gold items. A few bronze runes just aren't worth being caught short during a timed quest. If they ever make the payments equivalent to the items traded I might reconsider. But for now I'll just keep my rare drops. And I'll stay stuck at 9 gold runes forever I suppose. Lol

meme1098
02-01-17, 09:32 AM
Yep, the greedy Elves yesterday wanted 35 gold nuggets. I also laughed right in their faces

If your IOS & still able to post pics here on the forum, can you tell me your secret. I haven't been able to since the IOS 10 upgrade.

nessa005
02-01-17, 11:20 AM
OMG! So excited! I finally got a rainbow ali! I actually gasped when I did a trade and got a gold rune, which gave me enough for my ali! Yaaaay!

What does the rainbow Ali drop and what sort of timer does he have? I'm finally able to buy one but I'm hesitating.

MoonVillage3
02-01-17, 11:36 AM
What does the rainbow Ali drop and what sort of timer does he have? I'm finally able to buy one but I'm hesitating.

OMG! and what are you waiting for? Craft it!
timer.. once a day
drops.. energy! rainbow pots (rare), and other things like rainbow arches, hedges (rare)

ktorewqas
02-01-17, 02:07 PM

Here is one that I can not give for bronze or silver or gold :p

meme1098
02-01-17, 02:48 PM
Here is one that I can not give for bronze or silver or gold :p

Wow!!! Those are some greedy Elves. I hope you also laughed in their faces...lol.

nessa005
02-01-17, 04:39 PM
OMG! and what are you waiting for? Craft it!
timer.. once a day
drops.. energy! rainbow pots (rare), and other things like rainbow arches, hedges (rare)

Did it, now I wait and see what drops.

ktorewqas
02-01-17, 05:13 PM
Did it, now I wait and see what drops.I have three and have not seen a rainbow pot yet but got some decorations

ktorewqas
02-01-17, 05:14 PM
Wow!!! Those are some greedy Elves. I hope you also laughed in their faces...lol.
I will laugh at them when I get back to the game lol

MoonVillage3
02-01-17, 10:26 PM
Better laughing in THEIR faces than to give them 24 Skunky Pies! I did and am still crying as can't get them all back yet! That was a month ago.. and all I got was Bronze, still, for the whole month.
This Elven roulette is just an illusion! You really need luck! ..not even with constant, expensive exchanges will help to get you Gold!
So if you care for your kingdom.. protect your 'precious' goods and give only those common and easy to replace.. or those mean Elves will only laugh in YOUR face after.
Ridiculous requests are inserted as seen, but the choice is yours. Be wise! cause when your 'rare' goods are gone.. they're gone for good.

MoonVillage3
02-01-17, 10:37 PM
I have three and have not seen a rainbow pot yet but got some decorations
rainbow pot is rare.. but will come eventually. I did the 'qua-qua' dance when I saw it :D as I do when I see a Gold Ruin.

('qua-qua' dance is a dance of extreme happiness.. usually used by kids when they are left alone without adult supervision for awhile. any African step will do, just as long as you gesticulate your hands and jump up and down)

kendysek
02-02-17, 02:13 AM
Now the elves want adamant from me too. I'm not giving it to them. I'm also not giving them any crafted food items like simple feast... those are very rare for me. :D

katbtodd
02-02-17, 11:23 AM
Getting?!? Lol! They have reached a new level of greed with that one!

This time they wanted 14 of my 29 purple hides. We shared a good laugh, then I told them to get lost.
I realize that there is no other use for purple hides, but I also know as soon as I give them away, some timed quest will require them. :-/

And....I totally agree with the previous posts....blue fish and feral magic are just too hard to replenish. I skip those trades and also the ones wanting a ton of gold items. A few bronze runes just aren't worth being caught short during a timed quest. If they ever make the payments equivalent to the items traded I might reconsider. But for now I'll just keep my rare drops. And I'll stay stuck at 9 gold runes forever I suppose. Lol

Mine has been this way for a couple weeks Haven't sent one out...they are just to greedy

Clark_Wayne
02-02-17, 11:29 AM
Mine has been this way for a couple weeks Haven't seen one out...they are just to greedy

yesterday they asked me 8 golden apples LOL

MoonVillage3
02-03-17, 04:17 PM
Elven request of... 40 Gold Nuggets!!!! (I just laughed) The requests are honestly unacceptable!

xtinem070672
02-04-17, 06:37 PM
Today's elven request (drumroll please...) 49 golden apples!! bwahahahahaaa!!! Riiiiight!! ;)

rulerofjennyville
02-04-17, 06:41 PM
I find if I ignore the elven requests until they ask for something I can spare I get better drops. It doesn't depend on what I give them.

MoonVillage3
02-04-17, 10:57 PM
I find if I ignore the elven requests until they ask for something I can spare I get better drops. It doesn't depend on what I give them.
this is true.. after my unacceptable request of 40 gold nuggets! I got a normal one that even gave me silver runes. getting rare even those now.

farmgirl8888
02-05-17, 09:44 AM
Used the gold boost for the second time, each time I tapped mines a total of six times, with no golden nuggets. Won't use that boost ever again.

danzplace
02-05-17, 11:07 AM
Very patiently waiting for gold rune number 10. Drop rate is depressing.

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-17, 01:06 PM
Very patiently waiting for gold rune number 10. Drop rate is depressing.

Ditto on the drop rate, and needing gold rune # 10. Not really waiting patiently though. More like frustrated-ly waiting. ;)

petal2092
02-05-17, 03:31 PM
Just gave up tons of adamant for........ yep. Bronze. I haven't gotten a gold rune since the first couple of weeks of trades. I trade every day. This is crazy.

cyndora
02-05-17, 03:53 PM
can we please be aloud too remove this from our boards? or at least move it to another spot in the kingdom? its a shame something that could be so fun , is so horribly wrong, it taunts me every time i log in and look at it. i have not been doing trades because the ratio or random number god is drunk with spite. i love the elves but this little group are more like sky pirates!

i would prefer if i was going to give all my stuff away , id rather hand them over to my neighbors...

could the bird animation be deleted ? that way its just a building , then we can move it?

daily rant over back to skyrim.

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-17, 07:13 PM
can we please be aloud too remove this from our boards? or at least move it to another spot in the kingdom? its a shame something that could be so fun , is so horribly wrong, it taunts me every time i log in and look at it. i have not been doing trades because the ratio or random number god is drunk with spite. i love the elves but this little group are more like sky pirates!

i would prefer if i was going to give all my stuff away , id rather hand them over to my neighbors...

could the bird animation be deleted ? that way its just a building , then we can move it?

daily rant over back to skyrim.

Yes! Yes! I second the motion! Let us store it, or at least move it. Stop the bird animation. And let us trade with neighbors instead. Or set up a marketplace where we can buy and sell extras!!

Those greedy little grifters want 34 skunkupies this time. Hahahahaha! Yeah.....NO.

VersaceMorrow
02-06-17, 04:45 AM
I've noticed lately that the greed is getting worse. I was almost maxed on blue fish and they depleted them in two trades. Now they want boar tusks and I'll never spawn enough in time. I have a strict "no gems for runes" policy so I won't pay for the deficit. Luckily I'm patient.

Destiel0918
02-07-17, 02:39 AM
I need to be more careful, sometimes they ask for ridiculous amount of ultra rare items...like actually asking 28 Golden apples in one go...

adey2512
02-07-17, 03:27 PM
I'm going to stop doing the elven quests once I get that rainbow ali

When we gonna get new expansions?the eleven post should give us better coins for the stuff I've traded

mulan12
02-09-17, 02:12 AM
Three or four times now, I have hit 'Boosts' in the bottom right corner of my iPad. It shows 'My Boosts'. I then choose 'Top Chef'. I hit the 'Get' Button under the 'Top Chef' button. It goes to where i can make the Boost. I realize later that my kitchen is not moving quicker and go check 'My Boosts'. It isn't showing 'Top Chef' as active. So, I went back to the Boost Button in the lower rt. Corner of the screen. I see again that it shows 'Top Chef' 'Get'. I hit Get and it goes to 'Fast Worker' instead of 'Top Chef'!!! Why? Why doesn't that button go directly to the choice I made? Is this just another way that S8 wants to try to squeeze money out of us? Those Silver Runes are hard to come by. I don't think they should be so easily lost. Please fix this issue Storm8!

Ive posted this in the Suggestions & Feedback thread, too. I wasn't sure which to post on and I want others to chime in, too!

SpiritWind00
02-09-17, 03:02 AM
@mulan12 - These posts may help... scattered across this thread:

Be careful when crafting Boosts in the Apothecary.
You are able to start more than one while you are there.
But you will only be able to collect the first, and your elve currency will be lost.

I've had 4 different boosts going at once. However, you can't have 2 of the same boost running.

Once you activate a boost there's no option to pause it or store it. (Although it would be good to)

This is what I understand about the boost so far.
****Are the prices the same for all?****

��Fast worker.
Lasts: 3 hours.
Cost 5 bronze 7 silver.
How is works: The workshop timers runs 2x fast. (You do not see a reduced time, but while active 4 hours will finish in 2 hours) Tinker camp excluded.

��Nimble farmer.
Lasts: 3 hours
Cost: 10 bronze
How it works: Timer on crops runs 2x faster while active. (Again you do not see a reduced time)

��Harvest Champion.
Lasts: 3 hours.
Costs: 5 silver 15 bronze
How it works: Drop 2x the crops harvested (some drop total 4, when you would received 2) energy drops seem increased too. When active the boost icon is attached to the pop up for cottages and Ivy's hut, but not other buildings.

��Gold Miner.
Lasts: 5 hours.
Costs:3 silver 12 bronze
How it works: increases chances but > doesn't < guarantee gold nuggets from sparkling mine.

You have a boost icon appear on the relevant building / crops when activated, and you can successfully activate multiple boosts at once.

Another thing to note: Make sure you have selected the correct boost you want to forge / activate when you get to to forge screen in the apothecary as the fast worker boost (1st option) is always selected. Even if you hit "get" another boost in the screen before.
colour change is my emphasis. I think this is what's happened to you...

MoonVillage3
02-09-17, 03:47 AM
But you will only be able to collect the first, and your elve currency will be lost.

We must double check this.. I think it has been corrected.

SpiritWind00
02-09-17, 03:52 AM
Ok, I'll flag it... :)

VersaceMorrow
02-09-17, 10:27 AM
" the fast worker boost (1st option) is always selected. Even if you hit "get" another boost in the screen before."

Can't this be changed so that when we hit "get" it actually chooses the one we selected on that page? Otherwise what is the point of all those "get" icons for each boost?

meme1098
02-09-17, 02:29 PM
There's seriously something wrong with these elves. They want 40 adamant from me!!! 2 or 3 I wouldn't mind, but 40....really???? They must smoking or eating some weird schrooms....lol

ktorewqas
02-09-17, 02:48 PM
There's seriously something wrong with these elves. They want 40 adamant from me!!! 2 or 3 I wouldn't mind, but 40....really???? They must smoking or eating some weird schrooms....loltime to laugh at them ;) they want 38 gold nuggets from me now.. Yeah... Just wait for me ...lol

Meowmeowbeans
02-09-17, 05:51 PM

You can only craft one Boost in the Apothecary at a time. When you tap Forge, you are given the option to either use the crafted boost or store it. Can you please provide more information as to the problem you encountered? We'll investigate further.

mulan12
02-10-17, 12:39 AM
" the fast worker boost (1st option) is always selected. Even if you hit "get" another boost in the screen before."

Can't this be changed so that when we hit "get" it actually chooses the one we selected on that page? Otherwise what is the point of all those "get" icons for each boost?

Yes! This is exactly what I posted! I have accidentally hit the activate button not realizing when I hit the get button I didn't get the right Boost. And, those silver Runes are hard to come by.

PLEASE FIX THIS Storm8!!!!

cookie2crumble
02-10-17, 02:38 PM
I activated the top chef boost on both my games and nothing happened no speed up it shows up as active in the bottom right of the screen. What am I doing wrong??
I activated the harvest boost, but it didn't allow me to harvest my Fellora nor to speed it up to 3 hours.

So how does it work? thx

Meowmeowbeans
02-10-17, 02:46 PM
I activated the harvest boost, but it didn't allow me to harvest my Fellora nor to speed it up to 3 hours.

So how does it work? thx

The Harvest Champion Boost does not speed up your crops. It doubles the number of crops you will collect for three hours. You can tap on the question mark that appears on the individual Boosts in the My Boost screen to see what they do. If you want to speed up your crops, please use the Nimble Farmer boost. Sorry for any confusion!

Meowmeowbeans
02-10-17, 02:47 PM
I activated the top chef boost on both my games and nothing happened no speed up it shows up as active in the bottom right of the screen. What am I doing wrong??

The Top Chef boost will actually speed up the countdown, rather than cutting the time in half. You can watch it by tapping on the Kitchen to see your timers. They will be counting down much faster than they usually do. :)

cookie2crumble
02-10-17, 02:53 PM
The Top Chef boost will actually speed up the countdown, rather than cutting the time in half. You can watch it by tapping on the Kitchen to see your timers. They will be counting down much faster than they usually do. :)
Thanks for your response the wording is very ambiguous when you read the info on the ? mark under each of the boosts.

DeeDeeBird70
02-11-17, 09:01 PM
What's with Nadina. Since the upgrade the amount of items for the trade has gone way up. Instead of most of them just a few and maybe one high one, the last two trades have wanted 15 to 30 of almost all of them. Just letting them expire. Not worth 8 bronze runes.

katbtodd
02-13-17, 09:28 AM
What can we make the kiln I'm looked and looked can't find it

meme1098
02-13-17, 10:55 AM

I had a sneak peek momentarily right before the event went live & it has all the same crafts as the Magic Forge. So really in my opinion it's not worth the runes...lol.

katbtodd
02-13-17, 11:01 AM
I had a sneak peek momentarily right before the event went live & it has all the same crafts as the Magic Forge. So really in my opinion it's not worth the runes...lol.

Been saving all my gold, but since I have a lot of Ali I would go for kiln ,I been saving forever , believe it or mt got 3 gold runes today

meme1098
02-13-17, 11:34 AM
Been saving all my gold, but since I have a lot of Ali I would go for kiln ,I been saving forever , believe it or mt got 3 gold runes today

3 gold runes ... that's great! Congrats. After crafting my Ali, I haven't seen a single gold rune. Of course, the trades have been sitting there quite often since I won't give 40 adamant, 35 blue fish, or an unimaginable amount of gold nuggets ...:D

TerraRanomi
02-13-17, 11:39 AM

Yeah, crafts seem the same.
You can check the list of Mystic Kiln crafts here iyw (#10): https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-Runes-Boosts-How-it-works

ClubhouseCity
02-13-17, 01:58 PM
Today and yesterday I saw 12 DAYS instead of the clock while Nadina will return and was there when Nadina returned and I tap it and the clock shows 0:00 until I tap it and taken to the outpost. I refuse large amounts. No gold, spellbooks, and no more wood and stone that is needed for The Royal Games as well as material to upgrade the building in the right configuration. I did get the Rainbow Alicorn 2nd month of the event.

SpiritWind00
02-13-17, 02:06 PM
I've had that too, but I put it down to an idiosyncrasy of not filling orders. It fixes itself when you click on Nadina as you said. ;)

katbtodd
02-13-17, 02:11 PM
3 gold runes ... that's great! Congrats. After crafting my Ali, I haven't seen a single gold rune. Of course, the trades have been sitting there quite often since I won't give 40 adamant, 35 blue fish, or an unimaginable amount of gold nuggets ...:D

Yes we got greedy little elves indeed

adiyaja
02-13-17, 07:43 PM
hello, is there any usage of Elvenite Node , Glimmerite Elixir , Ancient Pottery, Magic Headband and Elven Spices - from the Elven Reliquary ?
Any quests needed those things above ?
And why the Elven Outpost can't moved ? hope that it can be move so player can decorate the land.
thanks

SpiritWind00
02-13-17, 10:18 PM
hello, is there any usage of Elvenite Node , Glimmerite Elixir , Ancient Pottery, Magic Headband and Elven Spices - from the Elven Reliquary ?
Any quests needed those things above ?
And why the Elven Outpost can't moved ? hope that it can be move so player can decorate the land.
thanks
No uses yet, but hold that thought as there is upcoming storyline that's possibly connected coming soon. Make sure you've got the latest app version.

It cannot be moved as it's coded to be a stationary point bc if Nadina's flight path. Best not to consider it available land ;)

(Merged with main thread... )

redlorry
02-14-17, 07:12 AM
NEW for me. My apothecary keeps "lighting up" with a crate & tick (like when craft buildings are ready). It just disappears without reward, but I don't want to lose energy each time. Is this a bug I should report? Kind of hard to ignore.

SpiritWind00
02-14-17, 12:53 PM
Can you please reinstall your game. That should fix it... If not post again. Thanks ;)

redlorry
02-14-17, 05:03 PM
NEW for me. My apothecary keeps "lighting up" with a crate & tick (like when craft buildings are ready). It just disappears without reward, but I don't want to lose energy each time. Is this a bug I should report? Kind of hard to ignore.

I have reinstalled it's still "ready"

SpiritWind00
02-14-17, 06:46 PM
I have reinstalled it's still "ready"
I'll report this for you...

Gaillock
02-15-17, 12:06 AM
Can you please reinstall your game. That should fix it... If not post again. Thanks ;)

I get the ✅ over apothecary too, SW, but worse than that, sometimes I get a huge feather over some items, e.g. pigs, cows, etc. It goes away after awhile but comes back again. I haven't noticed a connection as to when it happens or when it goes away. I have reinstalled the game, but didn't help. Not a big deal but a little annoying.

Gaillock
02-15-17, 12:14 AM
On another note, I am so angry & frustrated about doing elven trades! I trade often because I really like the boosts, but for quite awhile all I ever get are bronze runes! I have no silver anymore & it's been a long time since I got any. I have 9 gold that I've had forever. Is this happening to other people? Each time I tell myself this is the last time I'm doing a trade but then I give in thinking surely I'll get some silver this time. Nope. I guess I'm a sucker for not giving up. It's just a game, right? ��

SpiritWind00
02-15-17, 01:07 AM
I hear ya! I just do the simple trades and still only have a couple of gold, and not much silver either, but I am going slooooowwwww. :) I'm not creating any boosts in case they're part of the upcoming update. It's going to be a long time till I get a rainbow alicorn and possibly next century for the kiln! Lol

you can turn the feathers off under settings. Sometimes they still turn up over an item you need more of for a trade, but at least you can fix this yourself. Keep an eye out here for more news about the apothecary.

Gaillock
02-15-17, 01:38 AM
I hear ya! I just do the simple trades and still only have a couple of gold, and not much silver either, but I am going slooooowwwww. :) I'm not creating any boosts in case they're part of the upcoming update. It's going to be a long time till I get a rainbow alicorn and possibly next century for the kiln! Lol

you can turn the feathers off under settings. Sometimes they still turn up over an item you need more of for a trade, but at least you can fix this yourself. Keep an eye out here for more news about the apothecary.

Thanks for the feathers tip. And good to know I'm not the only one not getting silver. Is kiln just a deco?

redlorry
02-15-17, 01:47 AM
I heard the kiln is like a magic forge. So not just a decoration

SpiritWind00
02-15-17, 02:19 AM
I heard the kiln is like a magic forge. So not just a decoration
Correct! :) It has all of the same crafts as a magic forge. :)

Gaillock
02-15-17, 10:59 PM

i don't see a place in settings to turn feathers off. Which section is it under, please? Thanks.

ShibuyaCloth
02-15-17, 11:35 PM
i don't see a place in settings to turn feathers off. Which section is it under, please? Thanks.

In the game settings, like another other toggle switch.

brigadoon365
02-16-17, 10:30 PM
Oh my goodness! So, you build the reliquary, what's his name goes off to find out about the cloud and.....THAT'S IT??? Wha...? And why do I want to make any of these things in the reliquary anyway? And what magic forge? I am so confused!

TerraRanomi
02-17-17, 03:53 AM
Oh my goodness! So, you build the reliquary, what's his name goes off to find out about the cloud and.....THAT'S IT??? Wha...? And why do I want to make any of these things in the reliquary anyway? And what magic forge? I am so confused!

Story's not finished yet! And the Mystic Kiln you can get from the rune market is a craft building with all the same crafts as the magic forge. Hope this clears things up for you. :)

Edit: link to the crafts > https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-Runes-Boosts-How-it-works&p=1392176#post1392176

brigadoon365
02-17-17, 01:15 PM
Story's not finished yet! And the Mystic Kiln you can get from the rune market is a craft building with all the same crafts as the magic forge. Hope this clears things up for you. :)

Edit: link to the crafts > https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94546-Castle-Story-The-Elven-Outpost-Runes-Boosts-How-it-works&p=1392176#post1392176

Thank you! Yes, that helps.

ShibuyaCloth
02-19-17, 05:19 AM
The Elves have gone mad! I have 6 golden runes in the last 2 days (5 trades). Never had so many golden rune sin such short period. The trades where plain to medium costly.

goodeats711
02-19-17, 08:08 AM
What is the building with the purple roof with a gold v-shaped ****** and how do you expand to it. There is also something that looks like water attached to the side and a small building next to it. It is over to the left. It is in the direction where Thurston was sneezing. When I tap it, it does not tell what it is. It just says expand here to claim your reward. I have expanded all around it, but it won't let me expand there. Please tell me how to claim it. Thanks

MoonVillage3
02-19-17, 08:44 AM
The Elves have gone mad! I have 6 golden runes in the last 2 days (5 trades). Never had so many golden rune sin such short period. The trades where plain to medium costly.

keep exchanging while you getting them.. mine not giving gold at all for months. as usual only bronze! when they are generous a silver rune is included.

SpiritWind00
02-19-17, 01:02 PM
What is the building with the purple roof with a gold v-shaped ****** and how do you expand to it. There is also something that looks like water attached to the side and a small building next to it. It is over to the left. It is in the direction where Thurston was sneezing. When I tap it, it does not tell what it is. It just says expand here to claim your reward. I have expanded all around it, but it won't let me expand there. Please tell me how to claim it. Thanks
Merging post with main thread. Info about expanding and all goals in the link couple posts above, and first page and in my signature below. It's the Elven Outpost. ;)

rulerofjennyville
02-19-17, 06:55 PM

I got silver but no gold. I only need two more for my rainbow alicorn and that's all I'm going for with these trades. I'd rather wait than give up all my good drops for six bronze ruins.

MoonVillage3
02-20-17, 12:37 PM
elven request: 26 gold nuggets!
ummmmmm! let me think.. NO! you must be kidding!
I really feel swindled though :(
Is the Baron in some way behind these requests?

meme1098
02-20-17, 02:28 PM
elven request: 26 gold nuggets!
ummmmmm! let me think.. NO! you must be kidding!
I really feel swindled though :(
Is the Baron in some way behind these requests?

Yesterday I had a request for 43 mithril & today they want 41! I don't understand the huge quantities. Ask me for 4 or 5 & I'll probably send it but 43??? You must be outta your mind...lol

ktorewqas
02-20-17, 04:23 PM
I sent out 38 golden eggs today and got 1 golden rune. Costly golden runes ....

GlvtenFree
02-20-17, 05:52 PM
^
i sent out 25 gold eggs lastnight hopeing for gold lol! 8 bronze

wealthyrich
02-20-17, 10:58 PM
hi
how to use boost

deadpixel
02-21-17, 11:05 PM

I really should have paid more attention to this thread and the one in the link. Then I wouldn't have spent all the gold runes on the Mystic Kiln. :(

missharleyO3
02-22-17, 01:56 AM
I thought i was the only one who felt ripped off by supplying the Elves with over 10 gold NUGGETS, EGGS, and APPLES... only to receive BRONZE runes again and again! Don't think ill be doin any more trades unless im max on certain items. SAD!

rulerofjennyville
02-22-17, 05:20 AM
I thought i was the only one who felt ripped off by supplying the Elves with over 10 gold NUGGETS, EGGS, and APPLES... only to receive BRONZE runes again and again! Don't think ill be doin any more trades unless im max on certain items. SAD!

I only trade with them if it's something I can afford to give up and I don't notice any better or worse runes from them. Usually I get silver and bronze.

PrincessCupOButter
02-26-17, 07:45 AM
Thanks to needing all that pond water, I was finally able to give the greedy little elves more blue fish, and I guess they were REALLY happy to get them, because they finally handed over that 10th gold rune. I now have zero gold runes and a brand new rainbow alicorn!! :D

zoroak
02-26-17, 08:01 AM
Thanks to needing all that pond water, I was finally able to give the greedy little elves more blue fish, and I guess they were REALLY happy to get them, because they finally handed over that 10th gold rune. I now have zero gold runes and a brand new rainbow alicorn!! :D

Congratulations! Yes, for once I'm maxed on blue fish too and after weeks of getting no gold runes, did a trade asking for moderate numbers of items and a whopping 85 tomatoes today (upgraded my lily pond to lvl 10 a couple of days ago so not too worried about energy for ponds/rocks) and got 3 gold, 6 silver and 10 bronze runes. :D

Is anyone hoarding gold runes hoping for release of other items or do you craft a rainbow alicorn as soon as you get 10 gold runes? I have 1 rainbow one already.

rulerofjennyville
02-26-17, 08:09 AM
Congratulations! Yes, for once I'm maxed on blue fish too and after weeks of getting no gold runes, did a trade asking for moderate numbers of items and a whopping 85 tomatoes today (upgraded my lily pond to lvl 10 a couple of days ago so not too worried about energy for ponds/rocks) and got 3 gold, 6 silver and 10 bronze runes. :D

Is anyone hoarding gold runes hoping for release of other items or do you craft a rainbow alicorn as soon as you get 10 gold runes? I have 1 rainbow one already.

I'm just going for one then I'll start using the silver runes for boosts. So I won't bother hoarding them.

PrincessCupOButter
02-26-17, 08:20 AM

Thanks! Congrats on the three!! I declined a trade yesterday that wanted 75 sugarcane, because I am still working on the pond. (Should get to level 10 today!)

I've only gotten 10 gold runes total since this was released last September....it only took 5 months. :(. But now that I've finally got the Ali, I'll probably hoard any gold runes I get, in case of future releases. IF I get any more, that is. Lol!

riverly
02-26-17, 08:26 AM
My 3 rainbow Ali's are my morning energy boosts. I like doing the trades because at least I know what I'm risking to work towards a known goal. I only have 2 gold runes now. Getting mostly silver and bronze. I too just do the ones I'm comfortable with.

farmgirl8888
03-04-17, 06:53 AM
Finally got enough runes to get the rainbow Ali to only find out now I need 80, yes 80 gold, to get him. When did that change or is it a glitch?

rulerofjennyville
03-04-17, 07:01 AM
Finally got enough runes to get the rainbow Ali to only find out now I need 80, yes 80 gold, to get him. When did that change or is it a glitch?

I just checked mine and mine still says 8. So it must be a glitch. Have you gotten one yet?

farmgirl8888
03-04-17, 07:07 AM
Went to purchase my first rainbow alicorn and see the requirements are now 80 gold and 60 silver. If you look closely the 0 for the 80 is under the rune image. Didn't it used to be 10 gold? No longer need gold for arches and walls either. If I recall right I needed gold back when I got mine.

rulerofjennyville
03-04-17, 07:20 AM
Went to purchase my first rainbow alicorn and see the requirements are now 80 gold and 60 silver. If you look closely the 0 for the 80 is under the rune image. Didn't it used to be 10 gold? No longer need gold for arches and walls either. If I recall right I needed gold back when I got mine.

It used to be ten gold all right - I have eight and when I click on purchase it says I need two more. Now there's something they could sell that I would buy - a gold rune packet. I'm not spending twenty dollars (which is what I would have to spend) on a frog.

meme1098
03-04-17, 07:42 AM
I looked at mine very, very closely. The runes are moved over to the left a notch so bronze is on top of an empty space, the silver is on top of 60, gold is on top of 80 but nothing is on top of 10.

So the graphic is all messed up. It should still be 10 gold runes.
Can you craft it at all farmgirl???

farmgirl8888
03-04-17, 07:59 AM
It used to be ten gold all right - I have eight and when I click on purchase it says I need two more. Now there's something they could sell that I would buy - a gold rune packet. I'm not spending twenty dollars (which is what I would have to spend) on a frog.

Here's what I see:

PrincessCupOButter
03-04-17, 08:23 AM
Here's what I see:

It is still 60 bronze, 80 silver and 10 gold. As meme said, the graphics are messed up. They have been this way since the release of the spring update in February. (It was reported in the update thread, and S8 was supposed to be looking into it.) The silver rune is on top of the 0 for bronze (60), the gold rune is on top of the 0 for silver runes(80) and notice the number 10 all the way to the right. That's how many gold are needed.

You should be able to craft your Ali with no problems.

farmgirl8888
03-04-17, 08:32 AM
It is still 60 bronze, 80 silver and 10 gold. As meme said, the graphics are messed up. They have been this way since the release of the spring update in February. (It was reported in the update thread, and S8 was supposed to be looking into it.)

You should be able to craft your Ali with no problems.

Gotcha, missed the post on the messed up graphics, thank heavens! 80 gold would be a loooonnnnnggg hall. I thought it used to be 45 silver but, guess I was wrong on that one, 34 to go, wish me luck, long time coming.

PrincessCupOButter
03-04-17, 08:51 AM
Gotcha, missed the post on the messed up graphics, thank heavens! 80 gold would be a loooonnnnnggg hall. I thought it used to be 45 silver but, guess I was wrong on that one, 34 to go, wish me luck, long time coming.

Good luck! I finally got my 1st (and probably only) rainbow Ali last week. I have over 1200 bronze and over 200 silver but the gold is impossible.
Of course, I don't trade daily. (today the greedy little grifters want 40 gold nuggets! Never. gonna. happen.) But even when I did almost every trade, it still took 5 months to get exactly 10 gold runes.

(I think the layoffs at S8 must have affected whoever was supposed to fix the graphics in the rune market. Or maybe they're waiting until the next App Store update.)

farmgirl8888
03-04-17, 10:37 AM
Good luck! I finally got my 1st (and probably only) rainbow Ali last week. I have over 1200 bronze and over 200 silver but the gold is impossible.
Of course, I don't trade daily. (today the greedy little grifters want 40 gold nuggets! Never. gonna. happen.) But even when I did almost every trade, it still took 5 months to get exactly 10 gold runes.

(I think the layoffs at S8 must have affected whoever was supposed to fix the graphics in the rune market. Or maybe they're waiting until the next App Store update.)

Thanks. IKR, I spent gold on walls and arches when they introduced the Elven Post, before I knew how precious gold runes were going to be. Now they aren't even out. Would still like to get the Mystic Kiln, after Ali, if only because of how gorgeous it is. Just love all the eye candy in this game. Have threatened to quit playing when l've felt wronged or disappointed in rewards but, keep coming back because of the decorations. I love decorating my kingdom!!!

ginerp
03-06-17, 09:55 PM
I can confirm that at some point the requirement to have a level 6 tavern was changed. I had not played the game for months and came back last month and obtained the outpost pretty easily. I have only a level 5 tavern.

Also I like this. I'm a high level long term player who'd left due to boredom. Finally I have a use for all that excess useless
inventory that built up over the years.

ginerp
03-06-17, 10:00 PM
Oh and also, I waited literally YEARS for my first white alicorn. Patience is the name of the game in these here parts. It's not for everyone, but it's not a new thing.

comeseecomesah
03-07-17, 09:59 AM
There ain't no gold in them there hills. Been months since I had a gold. Even longer in other kingdom. Rather bored with the elves thing now. It will be too frustrating if they put something new for sale in there and no way to get it. Still,they probably too busy to bother about doing anything with it right now. Hav'nt even fixed the Rune graphics so yeh prob too busy with other stuff...like how to make us spend more money lol. I'm surprised they don't sell gold runes.

PrincessCupOButter
03-09-17, 12:56 PM
Is it just my outpost or has anyone else noticed that the greedy little thieving elves have changed their strategy lately?

For the last 5 trades (all of them skipped), they want small or reasonable amounts of very common materials, like 15 orange petals, 7 fish, 20 stone, etc, and an outrageous amount of a very rare or hard to get item? Today they want 33 skunkupies. Yesterday it was 30 something mithril, the day before it was a whole lot of naga fins. 30 something gold nuggets, and one day it was 66 of something (I have got to remember to start taking screen shots!) and so on..... and as an extra insult, now that I'm maxed on blue fish, they no longer want any of those. :mad:
I'm willing to give up most everything they ask for except that one rare item. Maybe if they wanted 66 water and one skunkupie.....I'd consider it. But I'm not giving up vast quantities of anything that takes years to accumulate for a few measly bronze runes.

meme1098
03-09-17, 01:03 PM
They want 30 mithril from me today & small amounts of other items. Thinking maybe we won't notice??? If S8 could make some adjustments to these outrageous requests, maybe I'd do more. 5 or 6 mithril I'd send it out but 30 is just nuts S8!!
I did get a gold rune yesterday & nearly fell outta my chair. First one in months since I crafted the ali & it wasn't an order for anything spectacular except for a bunch of seeds which I've almost all replaced.

HuckleTown
03-12-17, 12:19 PM
So I've finally gotten the outpost. Admittedly, I haven't read this entire thread...hopefully someone will answer my question anyway:

I understand we don't know what runes we will get in exchange.. Is it completely random or do you have a better chance for gold runes giving up rare drops?

The greedy buggers want 3 of my gold nuggets but I only have 11 and need 25 to upgrade the jousting arena and complete that quest. My inclination is to ignore the trade. From the little bit I've read, it seems like I should ignore any rare drop requests and only trade what I can easily replace.

PrincessCupOButter
03-12-17, 12:25 PM
So I've finally gotten he outpost. Admittedly, I haven't read this entire thread...hopefully someone will answer my question anyway:

I understand we don't know what runs we will get in exchanged. Is it completely random or do you have a better chance for gold runes giving up rare drops?

The greedy buggers want 3 of my gold nuggets but I only have 11 and need 25 to upgrade the jousting arena and complete that quest. My inclination is to ignore the trade. From the little bit I've read, it seems like I should ignore any rare drop requests and only trade what I can easily replace.

It is completely random, and no, unfortunately, giving up rare drops will not increase your chances of getting gold runes. In fact the majority of posts mention not getting any gold from giving rare drops, and that has been my personal experience also. My advice is to keep your gold nuggets and follow your instinct about doing only trades you feel comfortable with. Look at collecting gold runes as a looooong term goal. Good luck!

ktorewqas
03-12-17, 12:29 PM
I only got 1 gold rune within these two months. I used to get 1 every week. Did s8 lowered the drop rate secretly like they lowered gem drop rate of the adventures and the trades in trade wagon (monster hunt season) :confused:

meme1098
03-12-17, 01:41 PM
Wow!!! The Elves today want 48 faerie jars!!! They must be drinking some of that tea...lol. Or think I'm delusional! Never in a million years you greedy Elves!

cavegirl1
03-12-17, 05:09 PM
I only got 1 gold rune within these two months. I used to get 1 every week. Did s8 lowered the drop rate secretly like they lowered gem drop rate of the adventures and the trades in trade wagon (monster hunt season) :confused:

You got 1 every week? Wow you were very, very lucky. The rates haven't changed for me - I.e. they are still bad :) Have only had 11 altogether and I think that it still better than for a lot of people.

ktorewqas
03-12-17, 06:39 PM
You got 1 every week? Wow you were very, very lucky. The rates haven't changed for me - I.e. they are still bad :) Have only had 11 altogether and I think that it still better than for a lot of people.
My luck is not bad nor good. Two of mY neighbors have five rainbow Ali. I have three Ali plus one gold runes. Hope you get better luck :)

CelineKats
03-13-17, 03:26 AM
My luck is not bad nor good. Two of mY neighbors have five rainbow Ali. I have three Ali plus one gold runes. Hope you get better luck :)

I got 2 (from 1 trade) golden runes the last 3 months. I am about to believe golden runes are a urban myth. Still great to see that it is not a myth, but requires a bunch of luck :cool: I settle for 1 Ali if I ever get there :-).

PrincessCupOButter
03-14-17, 08:20 AM
I'm in shock! I've only done a few trades over the last couple of weeks because I refuse to give large quantities or rare or hard to get items. And yesterday I got 2 gold runes from a very simple trade asking for approximately 15 each of very easy to get items.
Then, today my rainbow ali dropped a rainbow floral arch. Still waiting on a rainbow pot drop though. Lol
I'm enjoying the greedy elves a lot more now that the 'pressure' is off to get gold runes. (I really wanted that ali!) I simply check the request and if it's reasonable I send it, if not I don't. If I get another ali, awesome, if not, that's ok too.
I do wish there was some rhyme or reason to the trade system, but my best advice is still to treat it like a loooong term goal, and don't give up rare items on the slight chance of maybe getting a gold rune.

MoonVillage3
03-26-17, 01:41 AM
no gold runes here, but still trying. as above post I exchange what I have lots of or easy to replace exchanges.

what I did notice.. my greedy Elves are always asking for Gold Nuggets! I would willingly exchange Gold Apples or Golden Eggs as I have a surplus after investing in the gold mines and no way to use them except the gold trade which uses only 1 nugget per exchange, or 2 golden eggs. gold nuggets we need 3 per exchange and use very often in our events.. so prefer to keep them in stock.

where are the requests of the other gold items? I've never received them!

rulerofjennyville
03-26-17, 09:30 AM
I haven't gotten a gold rune in a long time. The drops are unfair -some people get plenty and some get none. Like the last competition when the game randomly gave some people cherry trees to drop and some of us got none.

riverly
03-26-17, 10:00 AM
I used to get gold runes at least sometimes. I am convinced that a gold rune drop no longer exists. All I get now are silver and bronze. I think I'm done with elven trades.

HuckleTown
03-26-17, 12:06 PM
I used to get gold runes at least sometimes. I am convinced that a gold rune drop no longer exists. All I get now are silver and bronze. I think I'm done with elven trades.

Don't tell me that...I finally (is it supposed to be a happy occasion?), reach this and was planning to do easy trades until I have the 10 gold ones for the Ali; which would be my first and probably only one.

riverly
03-26-17, 12:19 PM
Don't tell me that...I finally (is it supposed to be a happy occasion?), reach this and was planning to do easy trades until I have the 10 gold ones for the Ali; which would be my first and probably only one.Nah, don't quit. If you read through the thread most people stick with it doing the easy trades, and it finally works out for them. The trades just get frustrating at times. From my own experiences though I was seeing gold runes and now nothing!

ktorewqas
03-26-17, 03:31 PM
From my own experiences though I was seeing gold runes and now nothing! same here. Now I do not see gold runes for month

MoonVillage3
03-26-17, 10:08 PM
I haven't gotten a gold rune in a long time. The drops are unfair -some people get plenty and some get none. Like the last competition when the game randomly gave some people cherry trees to drop and some of us got none.
It had been explained in the LB thread that the cherry trees were purposly given to android devices as they had serious bugs and issues which held up their play progress during a timed event. Whoever had this bug, received the cherry trees.

The rare gold rune drops are the same for all.. those who have obtained more Gold Runes in order to obtain Rainbow Alis have done many more exchanges or spent gems of their personal choice. I have seen a couple of Mystic Kilns, and know they were paid for.

It's the Elves that are mean to all.. asking outragious exchanges.. returning a misery for expensive stuff, but does this to all. I do think the appearance of gold runes have to do with the total amount of exchanges you have made, but not to crash the kingdoms ability.. I do only comfortable exchanges, easy to replace, that way I'm not sorry about any loss.

riverly
03-29-17, 02:00 PM
I used to get gold runes at least sometimes. I am convinced that a gold rune drop no longer exists. All I get now are silver and bronze. I think I'm done with elven trades.well, I did an easy trade and surprisingly I got 2 gold runes. Evidently perseverance is the key.
Oh and guess what it was. Rocks and wood. More chopping for me!

Mercuriair
04-04-17, 04:32 PM
Ok apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find.

I'm doing elf exchanges, getting runes but aside from specific tasks I haven't spent them as I don't know what to spend them on and don't want to spend something then crucially need it soon after.

So those of you spending runes, what do you spend them on? What is recommended/useful?

thegalagator
04-04-17, 05:25 PM
I've the used the runes for boost during events--double the crops at harvest is sweet for long grow time crops or to replenish low inventory. The workshop boost to half the time is also handy during events especially the recent tournament ones.

roxxyd
04-10-17, 12:38 PM
What are the items in the elven reliquary used for? I've unlocked the outpost, the apothecary and the reliquary but haven't found a use for the items crafted in the reliquary.

PrincessCupOButter
04-10-17, 01:04 PM
What are the items in the elven reliquary used for? I've unlocked the outpost, the apothecary and the reliquary but haven't found a use for the items crafted in the reliquary.

Those items currently do not have any purpose. I've made a few just to use up extra materials and also to be prepared in case we ever get an update requiring them.

PrincessCelestian
04-27-17, 10:28 AM
Just got an eleven request that included 40 gold nuggets. I mean really?!?! Seriously?!?! Come on now S8, that's quite ridiculous.

Den8137259
04-28-17, 03:42 AM
★ hi all ★ just curious to know

1) if my Elven Outpost item requirements same as my neighbors or same across a group of similiar players or type? ★

2) if the start and end time for Elven collation and dispatching times same for all players? ★

★ do enlighten, ty :D ★

SpiritWind00
04-28-17, 04:02 AM
It seems requirements are random and yes we all get the same timer. The outpost is only available to unlock from level 30 because of what is needed for unlocking the land etc. The hub has a dedicated thread with loads of info. Link below in my signature or in post 1. :)

Den8137259
04-28-17, 09:22 AM
★ ty SW :) (: ★

PrincessCupOButter
05-09-17, 06:40 PM
Well, at least I know the elves have a sense of humor. They're asking for boar pelts in the middle of an event that requires 70 of them. Hahahahaha! Nope!

ktorewqas
05-09-17, 07:02 PM
Well, at least I know the elves have a sense of humor. They're asking for boar pelts in the middle of an event that requires 70 of them. Hahahahaha! Nope!
You never know, maybe elves are playing CS too :rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
05-10-17, 05:50 AM
You never know, maybe elves are playing CS too :rolleyes:

:D *laughing! You're probably right!!
Well...they'll just have to get their pelts the same way I did....fighting boars. :p

Den8137259
05-10-17, 06:01 AM
★ hey I got the boar peat requests as well! Lol oh so the elves play CS and are taking easy way out by asking from us! :D ★

cheers196
05-11-17, 12:50 PM
I have been very busy fighting bears lately but the exchange this morning was easy enough so I clicked it. I got 3 gold!! And several silver and bronze. It has been long time since I had seen gold runes last. Now I have 26 gold runes in both of kingdoms. Should I get the Mystic kiln or three Alis when I get 30. I have 2 rainbow Ali each already, btw. I was saving gold runes just in case S8 introduces new Ali in the rune market.

meme1098
05-11-17, 01:24 PM

Yep, those sneaky little guys want some boar pelts from me this afternoon. What nerve :D

Den8137259
05-11-17, 04:00 PM
I have been very busy fighting bears lately but the exchange this morning was easy enough so I clicked it. I got 3 gold!! And several silver and bronze. It has been long time since I had seen gold runes last. Now I have 26 gold runes in both of kingdoms. Should I get the Mystic kiln or three Alis when I get 30. I have 2 rainbow Ali each already, btw. I was saving gold runes just in case S8 introduces new Ali in the rune market.

★ good idea to save up Au ★ I'm with you on this too (: ★

★ I haven't got mystic kiln but that can wait lol ★ (:

MoonVillage3
05-13-17, 10:41 PM
I do hope to be on the waiting list to receive some gold.. as it's since 2016 I have seen one, and do exchange everyday (except outragious requests) and sometimes twice per day. Here's to hoping the Magic Power of posting will step into my game ;)

Tonca3
05-14-17, 03:41 AM
I do several request 3 to 4 sometimes more in a day and don't get gold it is so frustrating I have so many of the other 2 I have been making speed ups they really need to increase the gold drop

cheers196
05-14-17, 08:00 AM
I do hope to be on the waiting list to receive some gold.. as it's since 2016 I have seen one, and do exchange everyday (except outragious requests) and sometimes twice per day. Here's to hoping the Magic Power of posting will step into my game ;)

I do believe the drop rate of the gold runes is much worse this year than last year. I don't do the exchanges as much as befor but still... Oh, and the drop rate of silver is also worse.

Den8137259
05-16-17, 06:54 PM
★ the elves are asking for boar pelts again! ★

★ it's the third time running, although not sequentially but it is reoccurring every alternate request by them ★

★ is there something fishy going on there with the elves or an event that calls for more boar pelts ? lol ★

caron7
05-18-17, 04:57 AM
Those items currently do not have any purpose. I've made a few just to use up extra materials and also to be prepared in case we ever get an update requiring them.

have been wondering the same thing. it's like this part of the story has been dropped, too.

riverly
05-20-17, 06:52 AM
These greedy elves are so sneaky. I was just looking to see what they were requiring for a trade and I accidentally hit the silver, and whoosh it was gone. Luckily it was just 15. But I didnt want to do the trade. It's also asking for 45 lumen essence, and I don't feel like giving those up. I also think they've been robbing my mines, because sometimes all I get is elvenite. I know there used to be mitherl in there

wealthyrich
05-26-17, 12:17 AM
hi, what is the limit of relinquary we can have?

Chaotarch
05-26-17, 01:41 AM
hi, what is the limit of relinquary we can have?

the Limit is 2

wealthyrich
05-26-17, 09:41 PM
hi, what is the limit of mystic kiln we can have?

FrostedThings
05-28-17, 02:16 PM
The elves are funny. I just got a request for 28 golden nuggets! I'll bet they'd give me 3 whole bronze runes as compensation. Lol

chewingthecud
05-29-17, 05:10 PM
Hi All. I have only just come back to CS after some time. I have now done 4 or 5 quests and all I received was bronze runes. Has the drop rate changed in the last 1/2 year? Gold ones were always extremely rare but the silver ones did drop. Has there been a change? It just seems odd.

Chaotarch
06-01-17, 12:26 AM
Hi All. I have only just come back to CS after some time. I have now done 4 or 5 quests and all I received was bronze runes. Has the drop rate changed in the last 1/2 year? Gold ones were always extremely rare but the silver ones did drop. Has there been a change? It just seems odd.

no changes.....

hi, what is the limit of mystic kiln we can have?

guess it will be 2 too...:rolleyes: bought one and now only more rainbowalis...

and S8, i am missing an elven tower :eek:

FrostedThings
06-01-17, 09:01 PM
I got a gold rune!!! I wasn't even expecting it. When I saw that gold, I got a little heart palpitation. Lol!

It asked for a bunch of basic stuff: mushrooms, orange petals, butter fish, wood... I can't even remember what else because I was barely paying attention! I'd given up hope on getting gold and had resigned myself to the fact that I'd probably never get one again.

ETA: Just two days later and I got another THREE gold runes! The trade included red petals, jewels and I think wood. Again, I wasn't really paying attention to what was being asked for because I wasn't expecting anything besides bronze!

wamboltia
06-18-17, 07:34 AM
Don't like the fact I can't move the building. All other expand to here buildings have been movable. It's very tall and over shadows any buildings next to it :(

meme1098
06-18-17, 09:13 AM
Don't like the fact I can't move the building. All other expand to here buildings have been movable. It's very tall and over shadows any buildings next to it :(

If only S8 would cease the greedy bird's flight pattern, then make the building movable, I know many players would be sooooo happy. :D

ninjalejones
06-19-17, 02:52 AM
A question to those of you that have the mystic kiln, do you use it a lot? I'm debating whether to get it or keep hoarding ali's. I'm not exactly alipoor but.... do you ever have enough of them? :o

Chaotarch
06-19-17, 04:01 AM
A question to those of you that have the mystic kiln, do you use it a lot? I'm debating whether to get it or keep hoarding ali's. I'm not exactly alipoor but.... do you ever have enough of them? :o

for me daily use:eek:
"my elves" want a lot of swords and armors:mad: and if not, i am crafting mithril...

ninjalejones
06-19-17, 07:01 AM
Yeah, 'my elves' want a lot of silver and items made from silver so I never seem to have enough of that so I guess I'll stick it out for the kiln. Thanks for the reply Chaotarch :)

PrincessCupOButter
06-19-17, 08:07 AM
If only S8 would cease the greedy bird's flight pattern, then make the building movable, I know many players would be sooooo happy. :D

That lousy bird NEEDS to be stopped! :mad: I was just in the process of placing something I was trying to purchase, (a blue anemone in fact) and as I was literally in the act of touching the screen to place it, zoom!, my finger is touching a conservatory, several inches away from where I was working. :mad::mad::mad:

The ability to move the outpost would be the most desirable outcome, but PLEASE S8, if you will not disable it and allow us to move the outpost, then at the very least, fix it so that it doesn't take over the game board as it leaves and arrives. It was somewhat interesting for the first flight or two. Now it's just incredibly annoying.

And, off topic, but while you're at it, please get rid of those extremely annoying pop-ups prompting us to replay other games. I only played those games for the gem offers and those pop ups interfere with my playing of THIS game too.

Idea for a game within the game: Let us build a working catapult and we can try to hit it as it flies across the screen. After a set number of hits, it will disable the flight path permanently! (Trades will still work. After all, when we filled the caravan requests, we didnt have to watch a caravan slowly make its way across the screen.)

riverly
06-19-17, 10:59 AM
The elvenite is like a fungus. It's taking over my mines and now my dear Flyger dropped it instead of a wisp. Not good.

riverly
06-22-17, 07:58 AM
Got my tenth gold rune. Yay.

Jaybeast72
07-09-17, 04:46 AM
Im a little behind on the threads here, but anyway to secure gold runes? Or is it random. I was thinking the more complex the trade the more potential for gold runes, but mine seems pretty random and Ive gotten only bronze for complex trades whilst getting gold runes for the simplest of trades?!?

Jaybeast72
07-09-17, 04:58 AM
That lousy bird NEEDS to be stopped! :mad: I was just in the process of placing something I was trying to purchase, (a blue anemone in fact) and as I was literally in the act of touching the screen to place it, zoom!, my finger is touching a conservatory, several inches away from where I was working. :mad::mad::mad:

The ability to move the outpost would be the most desirable outcome, but PLEASE S8, if you will not disable it and allow us to move the outpost, then at the very least, fix it so that it doesn't take over the game board as it leaves and arrives. It was somewhat interesting for the first flight or two. Now it's just incredibly annoying.

And, off topic, but while you're at it, please get rid of those extremely annoying pop-ups prompting us to replay other games. I only played those games for the gem offers and those pop ups interfere with my playing of THIS game too.

Idea for a game within the game: Let us build a working catapult and we can try to hit it as it flies across the screen. After a set number of hits, it will disable the flight path permanently! (Trades will still work. After all, when we filled the caravan requests, we didnt have to watch a caravan slowly make its way across the screen.)

Hahaha, love the catapult idea. I'm all in. And a subsequent kitchen recipe for after-****. ;} A sort of farewell birdy banquet end quest. Yeees, that stupid bird drives me crazy. Not only does it interfere with in-game play, but im also tired of the 10+ messages on my tablet stating the bird is arriving. Sheesh, what a narcissistist. "The bird is arriving, your attention please the bird is arriving, eh-hem the bird is arriving, excuse me over here please, Helllooo I'm arriving!?!, HEY STOP WHAT YOUR DOING AND LOOK AT ME DANG IT!!!"

Ready, Aim... Fire!

echowuuu
07-24-17, 05:26 AM
After really long work, I got my Klin

https://i68.tinypic.com/16276m0.jpg

riverly
07-24-17, 07:04 AM
Congrats on the kiln. I'm trying to decide to get my 4th Ali or save for a kiln. I chopped some of the rainbow pots that they dropped, and got some really good stuff. Gems, mithril, adament....

appppppplecrumble
08-03-17, 03:45 AM
Hi echowuuu,

i've also just got my kiln. AT LAST, big sigh.

i just, in middle of this quest, got a 3 gold drop trade. :-O. It was immediately followed by a shocked telephone drop tbh :D

Which then got me thinking this is the second time i've gotten a 3 gold drop trade rest have been ones. Last one was also in middle of a quest (thou i know we have a lot of them).

But last 3 gold drop was in the middle of Judgement Grey quest (similar to this one)

i'm sure is coincidence i just know how often in middle of quests (resources low) & i'm so tempted not to do the trade & it feels like this is only time i've ever got gold. Mind you as i said we do always seem to be on a quest lol. It's probably just that & no link between the two????

i'm giving the trades a wee bit of a break i think i'm elved out. Going to send them on an Amazon link & they can use my prime.

echowuuu
08-05-17, 03:26 PM
Hi echowuuu,

i've also just got my kiln. AT LAST, big sigh.

i just, in middle of this quest, got a 3 gold drop trade. :-O. It was immediately followed by a shocked telephone drop tbh :D

Which then got me thinking this is the second time i've gotten a 3 gold drop trade rest have been ones. Last one was also in middle of a quest (thou i know we have a lot of them).

But last 3 gold drop was in the middle of Judgement Grey quest (similar to this one)

i'm sure is coincidence i just know how often in middle of quests (resources low) & i'm so tempted not to do the trade & it feels like this is only time i've ever got gold. Mind you as i said we do always seem to be on a quest lol. It's probably just that & no link between the two????

i'm giving the trades a wee bit of a break i think i'm elved out. Going to send them on an Amazon link & they can use my prime.

Only a week? I'm giving mine the lifetime break. The lost drive me crazy to replenish everything, which now I can comfortably arrange the kingdom without reserving space for crop and animals.

angelastorm7
08-28-17, 10:40 AM
For what is Elven Reliquary?
How do we profit from this crafting building?!

meme1098
08-28-17, 11:48 AM
Here's the thread:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes

Reliquary is Part 4 of these goals.

Elven Reliquary
Info: A place for Adamir to craft unique Elven relics imbued with magic.
Type: Building
Source: Purchase
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 8 Bronze Rune
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478

I've made a few of the items at the beginning but have put this building in storage until it becomes useful in a future goal. Not holding my breath there though .. lol

Chaotarch
09-09-17, 05:22 AM
pls S8, we ( I:rolleyes: ) need new things at the runemarket....
dont need Walls without Towers...
... on the other hand, there is no cap for runes...:rolleyes:

1knitter
09-10-17, 08:49 AM
I'm stuck on Le Tour de Glimmerwood. Ivy's Hut has not dropped any Spellbound Dew in over a week. Anyone else having this problem?

1knitter
09-12-17, 01:55 PM
I'm stuck on Le Tour de Glimmerwood. Ivy's Hut has not dropped any Spellbound Dew in over a week. Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently, it only took posting this, I have finally started getting some spellbound dew

appppppplecrumble
09-12-17, 03:53 PM
pls S8, we ( I:rolleyes: ) need new things at the runemarket....
dont need Walls without Towers...
... on the other hand, there is no cap for runes...:rolleyes:

i was thinking the kiln remains as an option/doesn't black out after you make one

i haven't the gold runes to try it, or i think the patience to try & collect as many again thou i do love my kiln & wud def def def recommend it.

you cud become the king (or Kween) of Kilns

Chaotarch
09-12-17, 11:12 PM
i was thinking the kiln remains as an option/doesn't black out after you make one

i haven't the gold runes to try it, or i think the patience to try & collect as many again thou i do love my kiln & wud def def def recommend it.

you cud become the king (or Kween) of Kilns

the kiln was not the point. i have one, and i guess sometimes i buy a second ( its a crafting building and should limit at 2 :rolleyes: )
but i love rainbowalis ( no, all kind of alis:cool: ) - using the gold runes...

i need something for my 10.000 bronze runes:D:D

and yes, i use boosts...

appppppplecrumble
09-13-17, 03:11 PM
the kiln was not the point. i have one, and i guess sometimes i buy a second ( its a crafting building and should limit at 2 :rolleyes: )
but i love rainbowalis ( no, all kind of alis:cool: ) - using the gold runes...

i need something for my 10.000 bronze runes:D:D

and yes, i use boosts...

Hi Chaotarch,

hope it's ok to answer you here

i didn't mean the question of the kiln as a suggestion that you shud do a second kiln or that you shud be doin more boosts or anything.

i'd never make suggestions to people as most people know more then me about this game. it was just your post made me think & realise the kiln is still an option, you are probably right about the two thing as it's a crafting building. i dunno if anyone has done it/tried if they have they get my applause, one was hard enough.

i'm really happy with my kiln i thought it wud be like the winter/deserts only bakery & only do 1/2 the things but it does everything bar specific quest items. Am really really happy with it. i wud def def recommend.

Alicorns i'm less keen on, but i've been helping a neighbour by looking after her 7 year old & she's 'helping' me with my game she LURVES the alicorns. Has made me get a rainbow alicorn & made me promise to only use my cabbages for fairy alicorns (sigh) & so far i've got 2 :-( lol

Atm i'm not really doing the elvan stuff much & am very in awe of your dedication & sheer volume of tokens.

Chaotarch
09-14-17, 02:35 AM
Hi Chaotarch,

hope it's ok to answer you here

i didn't mean the question of the kiln as a suggestion that you shud do a second kiln or that you shud be doin more boosts or anything.

yes, np:eek:
..... lol, i know, i buy the 2nd kiln sometimes:rolleyes:
writing about the boosts, just in case, if someone ask, why i have so much:cool:

saphirie
09-19-17, 12:47 AM
I just got 3 gold runes!!!!! That's never happened. I don't usually do trades with food but do all others and only had a total of 8 gold runes until then. Had about 8 months of no gold before. Anyone else had a sudden lucky drop?

Indryia
09-19-17, 04:26 AM
I just got 3 gold runes!!!!! That's never happened. I don't usually do trades with food but do all others and only had a total of 8 gold runes until then. Had about 8 months of no gold before. Anyone else had a sudden lucky drop?

It happened to me too, even if was long time ago .... I guess its time for some gold runes for me now too !!!
I only got 1 gold rune the first time, then they only came by 2 or 3.

But what I have noticed, and I guess it was every time, after the first trade, the next 1 or 2 gave gold runes too. So, try not to miss the next trades you have, just in case ...

LuluBellax
09-24-17, 01:13 PM
Nearly fainted when I got my 2nd gold rune in about 2 weeks. Trade included 1 adamant. Previous trade included 1 golden nugget.

Another gold rune, this time for an easy trade (included manticore whiskers and boar pouches whatever-they're-called). I have been trading faithfully whenever I could. Still 5 runes to go for a rainbow alicorn but if the trend continues it will probably be my first alicorn.

2 more gold runes, yessss! Trade included naga finns. 3 to go :)

maryamhjm
11-03-17, 04:40 AM
Hi all, can someone advise me: is there anything what I should never send in the delivery, like gold nuggets, aples, eggs or mithril ,adamant etc.

VersaceMorrow
11-03-17, 05:43 AM
Hi all, can someone advise me: is there anything what I should never send in the delivery, like gold nuggets, aples, eggs or mithril ,adamant etc.

It's really all about personal preference and how much inventory you have of a particular item. I don't cook for elves so feasts are out of the question. I may trade gold items but only if it's less than 10% of my stock.

PrincessCupOButter
11-05-17, 03:25 PM

My rule of thumb is that I won't send trades that ask for more than 15-20 of any of the items. With rocks, wood, and eggs being the rare exceptions, since they are easily replaced with minimal energy.

My hard and fast rule is no to all rare items that take ages to replace unless it's only asking for one or two. (Mithril, adamant, feral magic, gold items, etc.)

Of course, I've had the Outpost since it was first released and I've only managed to get 2 rainbow Ali's and 8 gold runes towards any other items. So my strategy may not be the best. :p But I choose to look at the Elven trades as something to do when things are slow in the game. And with back to back energy intense events, trades are increasingly rare for me.

cavegirl1
11-10-17, 04:13 AM
I thought it must be April Fools Day. My elves want me to send them clownfish.:rolleyes:

PrincessCupOButter
11-10-17, 09:24 AM
I thought it must be April Fools Day. My elves want me to send them clownfish.:rolleyes:

:eek::D:D mine want reef slab and seaweed. :p

Nice try S8! Those greedy little grifters don't get anything involved in an active storyline. And very little of the other stuff. Maybe if they actually gave us something worthwhile in return, they could ask for that stuff, but not for 8 bronze runes. Nope!

meme1098
11-10-17, 11:40 AM
Nadina wants blue starfish & blue coral from me. :eek: Boy are those elves full of it. Lol

cavegirl1
11-10-17, 09:09 PM
Interesting. I guess this means, as someone suggested earlier, that those elves definitely ARE playing their own game of CS :)

deadpixel
11-11-17, 04:32 AM
WOW!

The next set of items the Elves want are:

Gold Nuggets
Mermaid's Perfumes
Orange Shells
Mermaid's Brew
Aquanther Scales
Blue Starfish

Yeah! Right! In a pig's eye :rolleyes:

Maybe Adamir has his eye set on Sirene and is collecting for a dowry.

meme1098
11-11-17, 09:01 AM
WOW!

The next set of items the Elves want are:

Gold Nuggets
Mermaid's Perfumes
Orange Shells
Mermaid's Brew
Aquanther Scales
Blue Starfish

Yeah! Right! In a pig's eye :rolleyes:

Maybe Adamir has his eye set on Sirene and is collecting for a dowry.

That's just down right crazy 😳.

MoonVillage3
11-11-17, 09:27 AM
I'm ever so happy with the only 2 RainbowAlis I have as they form a couple.. but they took me a year of exchanges to craft!

So.. I'm not really looking anymore in gaining Gold.. the exchanges are way too unbalanced and cheaper to buy an Ali in all that time and waste of precious materials.

Now I do only comfortable exchanges to simply keep the Bronze and Silver stocked for Boost use.. no fuss, no fret.

I say greedy guys: I don't cook for them, I don't give more than 10% of my stock and don't waste tons of energy trying to fulfill impossible and needy materials, I don't use boosts for them and most important no rare stuff that takes ages to replace.

When and if exchanges return to an acceptable normality.. I accept exchanges on my conditions! It's my game.. not theirs. It's up to me to protect my game.. certainly not them with their crazy requests.

riverly
11-11-17, 09:42 AM
I guess I'm going against the norm. I had slab, rocks, seaweed, orange coral, orange shell, and dye. Since I am doing the boosts, I needed a way to use some up. The greatest quantity was 22 slab and rocks. I got silver and bronze in return.

cavegirl1
11-11-17, 09:04 PM
That's just down right crazy ��.

Agreed! I have now got my third request in a row for clownfish ...

riverly - glad it's working for someone :)

simpassoc
11-13-17, 06:21 AM
I am going broke with the timed quests, so question.... If I use a double harvest boost, does it also double the money earned from that crop?

meme1098
11-13-17, 10:30 AM
Ok...now I know those elves are eating some psychedelic mushrooms or smoking something. Check this out ↙️

Every last item is related to the mermaid goals.

PrincessCelestian
11-13-17, 11:09 AM
So I just got a request from the elves that wants shells, orange coral, eels, blue starfish, purple shells and aqua their shells. Seriously S8?!?! It's hard enough to get those materials to actually FINISH the goal lines. I am not about to make a purple shell to end up with 8 bronze runes.

Destiel0918
11-13-17, 11:36 AM
So I just got a request from the elves that wants shells, orange coral, eels, blue starfish, purple shells and aqua their shells. Seriously S8?!?! It's hard enough to get those materials to actually FINISH the goal lines. I am not about to make a purple shell to end up with 8 bronze runes.

I know...they are insane! + Now I always check exactly what they are asking. They have asked like 75 mithril once - and I accidentally accepted - which was AWFUL! And once they asked like 45 golden apples... all those times I got 8 bronze runes, now if they are asking rare items - I normally just skip this one out.

PrincessCupOButter
11-13-17, 11:38 AM
Ok...now I know those elves are eating some psychedelic mushrooms or smoking something. Check this out ↙️

Every last item is related to the mermaid goals.

They seem to have given up asking me for mermaid items. But I think you are right, because they are asking me for toadstool caps. :eek:

SpiritWind00
11-13-17, 01:40 PM
I'd happily clear out some items for a prize like 10 storm water! I have something similar in my outpost today with mermaid items, but it also asks for a toadstool beam. Such odd trade requests...

Chaotarch
11-13-17, 11:52 PM
...yes, they get from day to day more crazy:mad:

pink Shell, a rare drop from the Tidegate...

an Order worth over 3000 Gems for maybe 9 or 10 Bronze Runes?

Amarice
11-14-17, 03:15 AM
I still do not like These trades too much in general. Making an unknown trade is stupid. They should show what they offer for the trade. I mean for 5 Gold runes I might actually consider emptying out my Mithril or adamant suppy? But for random roll of dice with terrible odds and a huge likelyness to get some bronze runes... nah.

PrincessCelestian
11-14-17, 02:29 PM
Now they want 4 spellbound beams!! Apparently they get a little greedy around the holidays!

calicokittennope
11-14-17, 05:16 PM
The bird makes me mad when he moves my whole screen.

First you only give me 8 bronze for nice stuff then you irritate me by moving my screen like you're ever so special I must watch your landing.

No thank you. Elf dude creeps me out. I'm still trying to fix the theater up for him, he's so obnoxious my theater is lovely but nooooOOOOOoo he wants it fancier ugh....

8 bronze... nope.

They had the absolute nerve the other day to ask me for some of that what is that stuff, sorta black and purple glowy rock, alamantite? whatever, fancier than mythril I think and they wanted THAT, I was like bro get real, going to use you and your bird to test Thurston's catapult if you keep this up. I just know if I had sent it, I'd get like 2 bronze and a creepy smile as a thanks. Henrick needs to take over that spot maybe, he's less creepy.

PrincessCelestian
11-18-17, 06:09 AM
S8 PLEASE get rid of the mermaid items in these trades!!!! Maybe in 6 months when a lot of players have finished the goals you can bring those items back but we need those items. I was completing about 80% of my trade requests and using those runes for boosts (since the only even remotely good item you can buy with them is an Ali and apparently ya'll have forgotten about updating any items in that market. Surprise surprise. . . ). Now I am completing maybe 33% because the vast majority of trades are wanting a ridiculous amount of mermaid items that I CANNOT spare. And my kingdom has NO MONEY. I must say that I am getting extremely frustrated with this game. Like SW said, it would be different if we knew what we were trading for but we aren't. BAD MOVE S8. BAD BAD BAD.

MoonVillage3
11-19-17, 12:09 AM
S8 PLEASE get rid of the mermaid items in these trades!!!! Maybe in 6 months when a lot of players have finished the goals you can bring those items back but we need those items. I was completing about 80% of my trade requests and using those runes for boosts (since the only even remotely good item you can buy with them is an Ali and apparently ya'll have forgotten about updating any items in that market. Surprise surprise. . . ). Now I am completing maybe 33% because the vast majority of trades are wanting a ridiculous amount of mermaid items that I CANNOT spare. And my kingdom has NO MONEY. I must say that I am getting extremely frustrated with this game. Like SW said, it would be different if we knew what we were trading for but we aren't. BAD MOVE S8. BAD BAD BAD.

I second this appeal..
the last week the Elves are asking materials from the mermaid event.. that's all materials we need to progress in that event, and those drops are practically rare (eg. eels!)
it's already sooo difficult to move ahead in that event as developers already know as they offered the Mayhem goals in order to help us along.
now those materials are requested to be donated.
what I was able to collect in the Mayhem goals will be enough to bearly move ahead in upgrading the Tidehole another level.. I'm not even halfway there.
it's an ever-lasting event maybe to be finished in a year.. even with other Mayhem goals offered.
exchanges are not possible with these requests.. at least from the majority of players who are still working on it.
please put your hand on your heart for we poor players?