PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Chaotarch
11-07-16, 02:14 AM
btw, no Cap at 999 runes...lol...:eek:

still dont understand the system...

Amarice
11-08-16, 02:03 PM
I do wonder if what you get is entirely random and unrelated to how rare the resources you "pay" are. I first thought you get gold runes when there's "rare" material in the trade and bronze if there is like common stuff. Doesn't seem to be the case. The last batch involed a whooping 16 mithril and I didn't get a single cold rune.

Amarice
11-08-16, 02:20 PM
very very rare drop. Ivy's hut in the only good free source.

I had quite a few drops from my lvl 5 moon crystal. Not every time but every few times it dropped the leaves.

Tealantern
11-08-16, 02:22 PM
I now just expect bronze runes and anything more is a bonus lol

pcfroglad
11-09-16, 03:04 AM
Dear S8, could you please control your bird better. I have my board zoomed in just the way I like it on my phone so i can work around the kingdom. Every day this blasted bird flies in and out and zooms me right out to show it flying off into the sunset. It is very irritating :mad: especially as i don't use the outpost or collect runes. I tried a few speed-ups and was not really impressed.

Even worse, i have set-up the game not to give me alerts but the bird ignores this and i can't turn it off. I do not want to be woken in the middle of the night up by the bird squawking to tell me it is just about to leave ...

Could you let us put the outpost away if we don't want it and use the space for other things?

riverly
11-09-16, 08:23 AM
I can relate!!! Yes please control the bird arrivals and departures. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

meme1098
11-09-16, 09:27 AM
Dear S8, could you please control your bird better. I have my board zoomed in just the way I like it on my phone so i can work around the kingdom. Every day this blasted bird flies in and out and zooms me right out to show it flying off into the sunset. It is very irritating :mad: especially as i don't use the outpost or collect runes. I tried a few speed-ups and was not really impressed.

Even worse, i have set-up the game not to give me alerts but the bird ignores this and i can't turn it off. I do not want to be woken in the middle of the night up by the bird squawking to tell me it is just about to leave ...

Could you let us put the outpost away if we don't want it and use the space for other things?

I can relate!!! Yes please control the bird arrivals and departures. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Thank you so much for posting this!
It is very irritating to be doing something & that darn bird takes over the game. My game immediately zooms to the darn bird's flight path at the top left when arriving or bottom right when departing.

Please stop this! It can just disappear from its huge treehouse without any fanfare at all, please!

If we can't store the darn thing, at least stop this inane, disrupting flight pattern.

PJBastian13
11-09-16, 11:44 AM
I for one enjoy the bird animations. S8 has improved its artwork lately and it is appreciated. I have my notifications turned off and never get any bird notices.

Amarice
11-09-16, 12:48 PM
It is okay... ish. But it would be so much better really if it would actually show you what you get when you fulfill the order. As a trade should be.

You give us this and we give you this for it. And then you can decide if it is a trade you want or not.

Sirelie
11-09-16, 12:58 PM
I would like to ask ... how lucky you are with the rune market?
I am sending daily average of 2-3 "elven outpost" from the beginning (09/29). Yet I have only 2 gold runes :-O I have no luck with golden runes :-/
Strange/weird algorithm, I know about the man who already has 12 gold runes :-(

Furthermore - my Rune Market has problems with the display. Most of the time on its site only see an empty field, or bird Nadine.

A7B92
11-09-16, 02:25 PM
I had a peculiar experience. When I was required to visit a Level 6 tavern, I upgraded one of the pirate taverns to level 6. Visiting the level 6 pirate tavern did not advance me. I assumed it had to be a regular tavern. Because collection of dew leaves (or whatever they are called) was going to take forever, it was going to take a long time to construct enough spellbound beams and blocks to upgrade a regular tavern. So, I put all my taverns into storage except one level 5 tavern. Today, weeks after I upgraded the pirate tavern to level 6 and put it in storage, I collected from the Level 5 tavern and advanced to the next Kingdom Goals. I'm scratching my head.

PJBastian13
11-09-16, 04:47 PM
I would like to ask ... how lucky you are with the rune market?
I am sending daily average of 2-3 "elven outpost" from the beginning (09/29). Yet I have only 2 gold runes :-O I have no luck with golden runes :-/
Strange/weird algorithm, I know about the man who already has 12 gold runes :-(

Furthermore - my Rune Market has problems with the display. Most of the time on its site only see an empty field, or bird Nadine.

I have not traded as often as you, but I have 3 gold runes. They are very rare.
I had the same issue as you with the invisible market. There was an upgrade before the Halloween event that fixed it for me. Now my market is always visible, but Nadine is a lot smaller. Maybe you need to update the game and/or force close?

danzplace
11-09-16, 05:03 PM
I have 5 gold runes, and almost 400 bronze, and have been playing since the start. I have not noticed any patterns.

illieland
11-10-16, 04:45 AM
I had a peculiar experience. When I was required to visit a Level 6 tavern, I upgraded one of the pirate taverns to level 6. Visiting the level 6 pirate tavern did not advance me. I assumed it had to be a regular tavern. Because collection of dew leaves (or whatever they are called) was going to take forever, it was going to take a long time to construct enough spellbound beams and blocks to upgrade a regular tavern. So, I put all my taverns into storage except one level 5 tavern. Today, weeks after I upgraded the pirate tavern to level 6 and put it in storage, I collected from the Level 5 tavern and advanced to the next Kingdom Goals. I'm scratching my head.

Same here. But no idea how to get the giant feather that you need to expand to the elves outpost.
I hope it will be the reward furtheron.

PrincessCupOButter
11-10-16, 08:33 AM

Thank you so much for posting this!
It is very irritating to be doing something & that darn bird takes over the game. My game immediately zooms to the darn bird's flight path at the top left when arriving or bottom right when departing.

Please stop this! It can just disappear from its huge treehouse without any fanfare at all, please!

If we can't store the darn thing, at least stop this inane, disrupting flight pattern.

I second (or third) this motion! I'm busily working away and all of a sudden the board seems possessed and zooms way out, mid tap....and I find myself 4 gems poorer. Thankfully it was a cheap trap this time. But I CAN see the timer that also CANNOT be hidden....so I know when the bird will be leaving or arriving should I want to watch....therefore, there really is no need to move my playing field while I'm actually playing!

I realize storing the outpost is a pipe dream. Much like ever actually getting a gold rune from the trade also seems to be. But if we MUST have the thing, we should at least be able to ignore it during regular play. Even the Baron doesn't take over the board when there's a new prize in his tent. Surely that bird could be more considerate than the Baron?

PrincessCupOButter
11-10-16, 08:39 AM
Same here. But no idea how to get the giant feather that you need to expand to the elves outpost.
I hope it will be the reward furtheron.

Look on page one of this thread, the very first post has all the steps required to get the feather, and unlock the outpost.

aurora171
11-10-16, 08:42 AM
I second (or third) this motion! I'm busily working away and all of a sudden the board seems possessed and zooms way out, mid tap....and I find myself 4 gems poorer. Thankfully it was a cheap trap this time. But I CAN see the timer that also CANNOT be hidden....so I know when the bird will be leaving or arriving should I want to watch....therefore, there really is no need to move my playing field while I'm actually playing!

I realize storing the outpost is a pipe dream. Much like ever actually getting a gold rune from the trade also seems to be. But if we MUST have the thing, we should at least be able to ignore it during regular play. Even the Baron doesn't take over the board when there's a new prize in his tent. Surely that bird could be more considerate than the Baron.

I was relieved to see this and the other posts that were incorporated into this one! I keep think I'm randomly tapping things when my game suddenly randomly veers over to the bird, but couldn't for the life of me see where I'd managed to tap! Thought I was going mad, so glad that there is an explanation for it (or well, not an explanation but that it is a thing that happens!)

pcfroglad
11-10-16, 12:27 PM
I was relieved to see this and the other posts that were incorporated into this one! I keep think I'm randomly tapping things when my game suddenly randomly veers over to the bird, but couldn't for the life of me see where I'd managed to tap! Thought I was going mad, so glad that there is an explanation for it (or well, not an explanation but that it is a thing that happens!)

Seems i have hit a common cord ... Actually the zooming out it just an irritation. Ignoring the ban on notifications is damned annoying. I have all notifications banned from CS on my iphone - but Nadine religiously wakes me up at 3am with a squawk and a rustle of feathers as she flies off. I have re-installed the game and re-defined the fact that i do not wish to have any notifications and she continues to defy me. I am thinking of buying a shot*** ...

Such exuberance from a peacock or a parrot may be expected - but not a glorified magpie :D

meme1098
11-10-16, 01:25 PM
Seems i have hit a common cord ... Actually the zooming out it just an irritation. Ignoring the ban on notifications is damned annoying. I have all notifications banned from CS on my iphone - but Nadine religiously wakes me up at 3am with a squawk and a rustle of feathers as she flies off. I have re-installed the game and re-defined the fact that i do not wish to have any notifications and she continues to defy me. I am thinking of buying a shot*** ...

Such exuberance from a peacock or a parrot may be expected - but not a glorified magpie :D

I can loan you my 22.

Tastyfood134
11-10-16, 04:53 PM
Just collected from my level 5 tavern as well and boom, the goal advanced to Adamir appearing. I'm so glad because those beams are taking forever! Rushed here to see if they changed the requirements. Anyway, I'm a happy camper for once!

88silver
11-10-16, 06:03 PM
Just collected from my level 5 tavern as well and boom, the goal advanced to Adamir appearing. I'm so glad because those beams are taking forever! Rushed here to see if they changed the requirements. Anyway, I'm a happy camper for once!

Same thing happened with me!

mrsrobinson89
11-11-16, 04:11 AM
I have to say I am getting a bit discouraged in trading for runes. I decided to make the trade that included 5 gold nuggets in the hopes of getting a gold rune. No such luck I only got back 11 Bronze runes... not even silver. This game is really starting to not be much fun.

nadinana
11-11-16, 04:28 AM
Very expensive exchange and in return give 8 bronze runes. But the Golden rune is not seen. How so? And in General, will there be something like gold, because they don't give at all! 4 days to carry out all the exchanges!

How to get gold runes?

meme1098
11-11-16, 06:41 AM
I have to say I am getting a bit discouraged in trading for runes. I decided to make the trade that included 5 gold nuggets in the hopes of getting a gold rune. No such luck I only got back 11 Bronze runes... not even silver. This game is really starting to not be much fun.

All this week, every trade has netted me only bronze runes. I did skip a few because I wasn't giving exorbitant amounts of rare-to-get items but ... come on. This is utterly ridiculous.

ktorewqas
11-11-16, 07:44 AM
Same here, these two or three weeks, only bronze and bronze, rarely get silver, no sign of gold...

Swale2010
11-11-16, 10:11 AM
Same thing happened with me!

Same thing for me too. I'll take it!

parlski
11-13-16, 06:08 AM
Is there no formula for runes received for items given?
like others, I don't like giving up ten Lumin potions, or 13 gold nuggets for 5 to 8 bronze runes.

ladyperidot
11-13-16, 09:49 AM
Same here, these two or three weeks, only bronze and bronze, rarely get silver, no sign of gold...

The elves screwed up and forgot who they were trading with. I got 3 gold runes from yesterday's trade!!!!

hagypagy
11-13-16, 11:21 AM
The elves screwed up and forgot who they were trading with. I got 3 gold runes from yesterday's trade!!!!

Amazing!! ;)

meme1098
11-13-16, 11:23 AM

Wow...they weren't paying attention, I guess. I actually got 1 gold rune this morning & almost fell outta my chair.
But...now they want 10 skunkupies :eek: crazy!! I am maxed but not sure that Ivy's Bakery is still dropping them. :confused: so not sure I want to give them up. :rolleyes:

hkcorrigan
11-13-16, 11:27 AM
Wow...they weren't paying attention, I guess. I actually got 1 gold rune this morning & almost fell outta my chair.
But...now they want 10 skunkupies :eek: crazy!! I am maxed but not sure that Ivy's Bakery is still dropping them. :confused: so not sure I want to give them up. :rolleyes:

Skunkupies will still drop. I traded them earlier and I'm maxed again ��

meme1098
11-13-16, 12:04 PM
Skunkupies will still drop. I traded them earlier and I'm maxed again ��

Thanks, hk! I have plenty of time to actually push the button but this really helps me because I haven't gotten anything of merit from Ivy's bakery in quite some time.
Appreciate your response :)

ShibuyaCloth
11-13-16, 12:37 PM
Thanks, hk! I have plenty of time to actually push the button but this really helps me because I haven't gotten anything of merit from Ivy's bakery in quite some time.
Appreciate your response :)

Super Yummies are ultra-rare drops, Skunkupies are pretty common.

meme1098
11-13-16, 12:55 PM
Super Yummies are ultra-rare drops, Skunkupies are pretty common.

For sure. I think I have 9 super yummy pies....lol

riverly
11-13-16, 01:10 PM
Skunkupies will still drop. I traded them earlier and I'm maxed again ��i can guess the answer to this question, but did you get gold in exchange for skunkupies? I wish we could find a pattern here. We need gold!!!!

meme1098
11-13-16, 01:15 PM
i can guess the answer to this question, but did you get gold in exchange for skunkupies? I wish we could find a pattern here. We need gold!!!!

Can't remember exactly what I sent for the 1 gold rune but the skunkupies are in the new queue to send out in 16 hours. If I remember...I'll report back what I get, probably only bronze though....lol

ShibuyaCloth
11-13-16, 01:24 PM
For sure. I think I have 9 super yummy pies....lol

Out of curiosity I checked, 16 on the counter on my u-goal castle. On my mini account I have 26 :)

riverly
11-13-16, 01:25 PM
I got gold from sending out blythdust and was for sure it was a aha moment. But, of course the next time I sent dust, I just got bronze. It is always a nice surprise to see a gold. And actually I've gotten several silver.

ShibuyaCloth
11-13-16, 01:32 PM
I got gold from sending out blythdust and was for sure it was a aha moment. But, of course the next time I sent dust, I just got bronze. It is always a nice surprise to see a gold. And actually I've gotten several silver.

Sending out rare/very rare supply does not grant gold. I got the few I have from rater plain vanilla crafted items. Common drops trade only yields bronze for me.

nateryd
11-13-16, 01:41 PM
I think the elves are perhaps greedier than the baron!
Yesterday I made a boost to double my crops ( had to use a very limited amount of silver I had) but I wanted to get lots of corn and strawberries for the fauna event going on right now. Well to my surprise I got a speed up my workshops boost... I TOTALLY didn't pick that one... I have zero need to speed up my workshops.. Drops are slow from this event.. Those elves are slippery little suckers!!
Now I have no silver left... But tons of useless bronze 😒

meme1098
11-13-16, 01:53 PM
Out of curiosity I checked, 16 on the counter on my u-goal castle. On my mini account I have 26 :)

I had to double check....I have 12...WooHoo.

msmorg
11-13-16, 05:34 PM
Can someone tell me what it means when I see a rock outcropping or mushrooms with a large feather hanging over them? I click on them and nothing seems to happen but the usual collection of rocks or mushrooms?

riverly
11-13-16, 06:39 PM
Can someone tell me what it means when I see a rock outcropping or mushrooms with a large feather hanging over them? I click on them and nothing seems to happen but the usual collection of rocks or mushrooms?tap on your elven outpost. I think these are materials that are required for a delivery in the outpost.

kattkrazie
11-13-16, 07:22 PM
Can someone tell me what it means when I see a rock outcropping or mushrooms with a large feather hanging over them? I click on them and nothing seems to happen but the usual collection of rocks or mushrooms?

You can go to the 'Settings' tab and turn that feature off. I did because I already know where to collect the items I need to deliver.

kattkrazie
11-13-16, 08:09 PM
I think the elves are perhaps greedier than the baron!
Yesterday I made a boost to double my crops ( had to use a very limited amount of silver I had) but I wanted to get lots of corn and strawberries for the fauna event going on right now. Well to my surprise I got a speed up my workshops boost... I TOTALLY didn't pick that one... I have zero need to speed up my workshops.. Drops are slow from this event.. Those elves are slippery little suckers!!
Now I have no silver left... But tons of useless bronze 😒

Yeah, there's a misleading thing going on here but it's easy to avoid if you're aware of it. When you open the boosts menu by using the boost globe on the bottom right side of your screen, then select Nimble Farmer boost, the apothecary opens up. It always opens up on Fast Worker, so you have to select Nimble Farmer a second time to get that boost.

nateryd
11-13-16, 08:25 PM
Yeah, there's a misleading thing going on here but it's easy to avoid if you're aware of it. When you open the boosts menu by using the boost globe on the bottom right side of your screen, then select Nimble Farmer boost, the apothecary opens up. It always opens up on Fast Worker, so you have to select Nimble Farmer a second time to get that boost.

I think that's EXACTLY what happened!!!!!

Den8137259
11-14-16, 05:49 AM
Hi CS ★

Could we know or have a preview of what the rewards are upfront before we send for elven delivery? I'm always getting silver n bronze runes, gave up trying for Gold runes.. been quite a scam imo lol ★

I have stopped my deliveries as the rewards are sub-standards compared to the goods that I deliver, ty (: ★

janf2
11-14-16, 07:48 AM
My problem is I can only ever see pics of 3 of the items they want so I end up clicking deliver and having no idea what I'm giving away. I discovered when it's a crop you can click gather but if it's not a crop you already have growing I have no idea what crop to plant? Wish there was a list each time on here so I knew what they were.

peachtreeshoppe
11-14-16, 10:20 AM
My problem is I can only ever see pics of 3 of the items they want so I end up clicking deliver and having no idea what I'm giving away. I discovered when it's a crop you can click gather but if it's not a crop you already have growing I have no idea what crop to plant? Wish there was a list each time on here so I knew what they were.

You should see all six requirements.

SpiritWind00
11-14-16, 01:47 PM
Display issues are corrected by reinstalling your game. Perhaps give that a try?

janf2
11-15-16, 02:36 AM
Display issues are corrected by reinstalling your game. Perhaps give that a try?

Thanks SpiritWindoo.... I'll def do that as have also never been able to see the Peacock since I got him and have not seen the Characters when the game quests pop up.

BufftonHeights
11-15-16, 08:42 AM
OMG they really do exist. Finally got my first 2 gold runes today after swapping with those stingy elves every day since they showed up. :p

MoonVillage3
11-15-16, 09:32 AM
OMG they really do exist. Finally got my first 2 gold runes today after swapping with those stingy elves every day since they showed up. :p

Congrats! and happy news to know gold still exists!
the 6 I have are all from the first week, but now have hope.
do u remember the trade u did?
I was thinking the sparrow was hiding all the gold during the flight.. just like when crows and gulls steal shiny things to hide in their nests :eek:

SpiritWind00
11-15-16, 02:13 PM
I have a couple gold runes now too, but they have just been on regular/give 1-10 items of standard stock. I don't do ones where they ask for 50 adamant to any golden items. My theory is that its a numbers game. After X number of trades you get gold. Bit like trials and tribute goals. Well, as good a theory as any! ;)

BufftonHeights
11-16-16, 07:16 AM
MoonVillage3 - SW is right. It was just some simple trade that asked for no more than 12 of some common items. I guess if we just wait it out we will finally get our Ali. :)

riverly
11-16-16, 09:00 AM
Sent delivery with 50 hot peppers=bronze runes. Wawah! Oh, and that also included the love entwined seed thing which I didn't even know I had.

cookie2crumble
11-16-16, 01:53 PM
I have a couple gold runes now too, but they have just been on regular/give 1-10 items of standard stock. I don't do ones where they ask for 50 adamant to any golden items. My theory is that its a numbers game. After X number of trades you get gold. Bit like trials and tribute goals. Well, as good a theory as any! ;)
I agree that's exactly the way I have started to trade after losing a load of the rarer stock

MoonVillage3
11-16-16, 02:02 PM
MoonVillage3 - SW is right. It was just some simple trade that asked for no more than 12 of some common items. I guess if we just wait it out we will finally get our Ali. :)

it's a logical theory so let's all hang on till gold comes pouring in ;)
we know for sure it's not the difficulty of the exchange that gives gold.

MoonVillage3
11-17-16, 12:10 PM
Re: Elven Reliquary
Does anyone know why and also what choices we have to make in the Elven Reliquary?
Elevenite is maxing out so I make objects is the Reliquary but I have no idea what they are needed for.
So far I haven't seen use for them.

kattkrazie
11-17-16, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know why and also what choices we have to make in the Elven Reliquary?
Elevenite is maxing out so I make objects is the Reliquary but I have no idea what they are needed for.

I'm storing my elevenite in a dusty corner with my faerie blocks and beams. You are correct - no use for it (yet??).

ShibuyaCloth
11-17-16, 01:12 PM

Indeed no use, you can just stock pile items:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes&p=1356633&viewfull=1#post1356633

MoonVillage3
11-17-16, 01:50 PM
I'm storing my elevenite in a dusty corner with my faerie blocks and beams. You are correct - no use for it (yet??).

Indeed no use, you can just stock pile items:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves-new-expansion-plot-Elven-Outpost-Runes&p=1356633&viewfull=1#post1356633

Thanks Katt and Shibuy.. it does seem such a waste all that work to introduce the building and objects. let's hope in some future plans to make this building useful.

Amarice
11-19-16, 03:45 PM
I'm afraid I will bow out of this "quest" line, until something was changed with it. The unfair randomness and not seeing what you get really takes my interest away here. I made a few exchanges with a lot of rare, hard to get stuff in hope for some gold, but nothing. I have silver and copper to bury myself in, and made about every trade possible for a week straight and still hardly any gold aside of the odd one out and not even for trading anything special.

Stymie52
11-20-16, 04:40 AM
Still not one single gold rune for me. The randomness is very disproportional when some can get enough gold runes to get 2 alicorns, while others cannot get even one gold rune. This game sure does teach us patience!

MoonVillage3
11-20-16, 05:50 AM
As we know:
.. Elven Payments are random for all exchanges made
.. GoldRunes at least for the majority, are inexistent
.. Value of the exchange is not related to payment
It's then not wise to give up rare items from your inventory reducing your Kingdoms to crumbs.

Mentally divide ElvenRequests into 3categories:
.. Extremely Rare: takes a very long time to replace, maybe months/years
.. Difficult: takes weeks to replace but exchange is possible
.. Easy: can be replaced in a couple days or less, so no big loss.

Remember:
'Random' is the payment received so no use wasting valuable materials.. as
'Random' is the BaronsTent offers as some receive DailyAlis and others none and
'Random' drops our GoldNuggets, GoldApples, GoldEggs, rare items, valuables, etc. Everything is 'Random' and we are not able to make our choice and we can't see beforehand what payment will be received.

The Elven Story has not been finalized yet.. we don't even know the use of the ElvenReliquary. At this point consider every exchange you make.. not wasting, nor rushing, maybe making a Booster if we need help during events. We all know the Elves are 'Super Stingy'.

riverly
11-20-16, 07:52 AM
It also seems the elves like spicy foods. Hot peppers and grits keep showing up for me. The trade is a gamble. It's like waiting for the jackpot. I hope the odds for gold runes increase. But I do like having the chance to use inventory items that I'm maxed out on. Like dragon scales for example and dyes.

MeganT87
11-20-16, 09:54 AM
Can anyone tell me what the rainbow alicorn drops?

kattkrazie
11-20-16, 11:05 AM
Can anyone tell me what the rainbow alicorn drops?

He drops energy like the other mini-Ali's, from 4 - 100 but almost always 4 energy. Rare drops also include floral archways, floral towers and floral walls. Ultra rare drop is rainbow pot, but I haven't gotten that drop at all (yet?).

Stymie52
11-20-16, 11:16 AM
The magic of the forum is in the air. Just got my first gold rune for a trade of very ordinary items. Hope springs eternal! Hopefully getting the first paves the way for more to come. Hang in there everyone of little faith. You will be next.

cyndora
11-20-16, 11:59 AM
where are the gold runes!!!????

i am going to just ignore this part of the game, pretend that it is not there, and when blue bird airline decides that my miles are good for any seat at any time , then i MIGHT think about boarding again.

tweek the numbers please, make it worth while, or let me remove it from the board.

riverly
11-20-16, 12:16 PM
Power of the post. 1 gold rune and some silver. It included dragon scales yellow dye earth wisps and of course hot peppers and grits. But the highest amount requested for an item was 12. Peppers!!!

MoonVillage3
11-20-16, 12:33 PM
I would love to give some of my over-loaded dragon scales. dyes, wisps, peppers and grits all easy to replace. this is an axcellent trade! in hoping the Elvens have changed their minds to be less stingy.. lol!

ktorewqas
11-21-16, 12:26 PM
Need power power power ... I even do not renember what is the color of gold runes ;)

riverly
11-21-16, 03:12 PM
My trade today include mithirl and guess what else. 50 peppers. I guess the elvens like to spice up their grits. I'll pass on this one.

PrincessCelestian
11-21-16, 04:19 PM
Omg!! 9 gold runes!!! Argh!! Only one more for that rainbow Ali!!!

riverly
11-21-16, 04:52 PM
Omg!! 9 gold runes!!! Argh!! Only one more for that rainbow Ali!!!Whoop! Whoop! I have 7. But I'm trying to be a little more selective with the elven casino, oops i mean elven trade post.

PrincessCupOButter
11-21-16, 05:50 PM
I currently have

469 bronze runes
164 silver
1 gold

I have purchased 1 elvenite slab and 1 reliquary for 8 bronze each and crafted several boosts. I don't even know how many trades I've done, but I'm over it. I understand it's long term and about patience, but these numbers can't even be described as random. :mad:
And the stupid bird is still taking over the game when it leaves or arrives. It even interrupted while I was in the middle of fighting a raccoon!

riverly
11-21-16, 09:38 PM
I am just doing trades that I am extremely comfortable with. At the moment I have nothing else going on so I like having this option of trading. And personally I like trying for something that I really want. My advice for traders ---
Choose Wisely!!

VersaceMorrow
11-22-16, 04:25 AM
Finally got enough gold runes Sunday evening for the rainbow Ali after 52 (!) days and waited until this morning to collect since I like energy sources to be collectible at the start of the day. 5 energy plus a rainbow pot. Interesting that in my inventory it's listed separately from my other rainbow pots that I got from the sale.

MoonVillage3
11-22-16, 05:34 AM
yes.. they are listed seperatly in my inventory too even if not having a RainbowAli. I still have from last Christmas and they contain Christmas gifts.. then I have another group that contains permits I have not chopped all yet.
I guess it depends on the prizes they may contain.

VersaceMorrow
11-22-16, 06:56 AM
yes.. they are listed seperatly in my inventory too even if not having a RainbowAli. I still have from last Christmas and they contain Christmas gifts.. then I have another group that contains permits I have not chopped all yet.
I guess it depends on the prizes they may contain.

Hmmmm..... none of the sale ones I have chopped ever had permits, but some other useful things like different feasts and glimmer rafflesia. The pot from the Rainbow Ali however dropped mithril, adamant, and 4 gems! There is definitely a QC issue when buying the pots.

UnkelFester
11-22-16, 09:08 AM
Up to 8 gold runes after getting a couple from a trade yesterday, so looking forward to making a Rainbow Ali shortly.

I have over 300 bronze runes and over 100 silver runes now, so I usually make a Harvest Champion boost each morning and harvest all the slow growing crops such as cabbages and carrots then to boost up my inventory.

Unusually I have got a trade that needs gold nuggets today, so that pesky bird can sit on her perch all day until it's time for a fresh trade!

riverly
11-22-16, 09:57 AM
Bags of feral magic in my trade. Those are pretty rare drops. I think I'll pass on this one too. Here's hoping I don't cave!! Those elves are stingy and sneaky. They like to tempt. Must be strong!! Lol.

meme1098
11-22-16, 11:41 AM
Bags of feral magic in my trade. Those are pretty rare drops. I think I'll pass on this one too. Here's hoping I don't cave!! Those elves are stingy and sneaky. They like to tempt. Must be strong!! Lol.

I had a trade yesterday with the feral magic bags too & also sat on that one. Today it's 75 tomatoes. I might just throw those tomatoes at the bird & the greedy elves, if I could find them.

meme1098
11-22-16, 03:53 PM
I currently have

469 bronze runes
164 silver
1 gold

I have purchased 1 elven ithe slab and 1 reliquary for 8 bronze each and crafted several boosts. I don't even know how many trades I've done, but I'm over it. I understand it's long term and about patience, but these numbers can't even be described as random. :mad:
**And the stupid bird is still taking over the game when it leaves or arrives. It even interrupted while I was in the middle of fighting a raccoon!

That stupid bird just now interrupted me! This is so irritating.

***S8 can't you please just put the darn bird on the roost without it taking over our game while we're trying to play??!!

kattkrazie
11-22-16, 10:22 PM
For those players who let some deliveries expire, you never know which ones will pay gold runes. I did a trade wanting 69 tomatoes and received 8 bronze and 3 gold.

Here are the trades that have paid gold for me since Saturday:

1) 7 oranges, 2 fishing poles, 1 light armor, 5 bones, 1 syrup -- paid 5 silver 8 bronze 1 gold
2) 1 prime cut, 1 flour, 5 rattails, 1 ice cream, 50 sap, 1 glimmerbulb -- paid 8 bronze 3 gold
3) 1 earth wisp, 5 bones, 31 glimmerdust, 3 fancy blocks, 1 syrup, 30 fertilizer -- paid 8 bronze 2 gold
4) 30 blue petals, 32 hides, 1 glimmerbulb, 1 flour, 4 earth wisp, 60 coal -- paid 9 bronze 1 gold

There is no pattern and no way to predict what you'll receive, but your odds increase the more trades you do. I don't let any of them expire and I have 4 rainbow ali's. I have noticed that when the trade requests golden eggs or nuggets, I only receive bronze runes. But I do the trades anyway and sometimes will get gold runes on the next trade or two.

That's just my strategy but it has worked well for me.

riverly
11-22-16, 11:06 PM
For those players who let some deliveries expire, you never know which ones will pay gold runes. I did a trade wanting 69 tomatoes and received 8 bronze and 3 gold.

1) 7 oranges, 2 fishing poles, 1 light armor, 5 bones, 1 syrup -- paid 5 silver 8 bronze 1 gold
2) 1 prime cut, 1 flour, 5 rattails, 1 ice cream, 50 sap, 1 glimmerbulb -- paid 8 bronze 3 gold
3) 1 earth wisp, 5 bones, 31 glimmerdust, 3 fancy blocks, 1 syrup, 30 fertilizer -- paid 8 bronze 2 gold
4) 30 blue petals, 32 hides, 1 glimmerbulb, 1 flour, 4 earth wisp, 60 coal -- paid 9 bronze 1 gold

There is no pattern and no way to predict what you'll receive, but your odds increase the more trades you do. I don't let any of them expire and I have 4 rainbow ali's. I have noticed that when the trade requests golden eggs or nuggets, I only receive bronze runes. But I do the trades anyway and sometimes will get gold runes on the next trade or two.

That's just my strategy but it has worked well for me.thanks for this. To me these all look like trades I would have done. I usually get some oddball rare item like library books or feral magic.
I would do the tomatoes to because they are fast growing.
4 rainbow Ali's. Wow!!!

PrincessCupOButter
11-23-16, 06:28 AM

That's just my strategy but it has worked well for me.

You may have discovered the secret! I do skip trades. For example, today, for the 3rd time in a row, the elves want 13 stone blocks and 75 tomatoes. (Yesterday they wanted less tomatoes, but I'm still trying to restock). So I'm skipping this one.
I usually do 2 or 3 trades in a row then skip a particularly greedy one.....and I get all bronze runes with the occasional silver thrown in. I guess I'll never get any gold runes, since I refuse to totally deplete my inventory or give up large amounts of rare drops. Especially during an energy intense event, or when it's close to update days. Sigh.

I've also noticed that drops BECOME very rare after depleting the inventory....it took me weeks to replenish blue fish after giving them all away in consecutive trades. I origionally maxed out on them in less than a week, but after the trades, they seemed to become an endangered species. I'm still trying to restock feral magic and the manticores have suddenly lost the ability to produce mysterious venom. :(

There really should be some formula for gold based on the value of the trades. I'd give up larger quantities or rare drops, IF gold runes were guaranteed. But I'm not much of a gambler, so I'll just keep making the harvest boosts and give up on the rainbow Ali.

Editing to add: I decided to do the trade anyway, just to see what would happen. The elves got 13 stone blocks, 75 tomatoes, 43 roast chickens, 31 milk, 3 swords and 1 glimmer bulb. I got a whopping 10 bronze runes for my efforts. Yippee. I usually only get 6 or 8.
Re-confirming my earlier posts.....I'm not a good gambler and I'm over these greedy little elven thieves.

riverly
11-23-16, 07:22 AM
Ok. I am noticing the larger quantities of items needed in your trade. Why is there such a huge difference of items needed? Something's wrong with this picture.

hkcorrigan
11-23-16, 07:57 AM
I'm noticing that the more trades I do in a row, the rarer the item and higher the quantity is being asked to trade. If I skip one or two, it becomes reasonable again for a while. Of course, I only have 3 gold runes, so Katt may have a point. And she does have 4 rainbow Ali's while I'm still working on my first.

riverly
11-23-16, 10:01 AM
I know 4 rainbow Ali's !! Inconceivable!!
(One of my favorite movies)

VersaceMorrow
11-23-16, 01:03 PM
I know 4 rainbow Ali's !! Inconceivable!!
(One of my favorite movies)

Mine too.... in fact this game reminds me of it! Aren't we having fun storming the castle? lol

PrincessCupOButter
11-23-16, 01:46 PM
So....the elves want ANOTHER 75 tomatoes and 31 more milk among other things. Considering skipping it because I don't have the tomatoes after sending 75 in the last trade earlier today.

However, there are some new Limited Edition items in the rune market...

Eagle statue 10 bronze 10 silver
Speckled sheep 30 bronze 30 silver
Elvenite stag 40 bronze 40 silver 2 gold (he's purple!)

the sheep comes fully grown (4 hour timer)
The eagle statue is 1x1 (deco only)
Can't get the stag since I can't get any gold runes

The sheep is an excellent buy for players with an abundance of bronze and silver runes, who need sources for wool! Kudos for that addition S8!

kattkrazie
11-23-16, 02:17 PM
So....the elves want ANOTHER 75 tomatoes and 31 more milk among other things. Considering skipping it because I don't have the tomatoes after sending 75 in the last trade earlier today.

However, there are some new Limited Edition items in the rune market...

Eagle statue 10 bronze 10 silver
Speckled sheep 30 bronze 30 silver
Elvenite stag 40 bronze 40 silver 2 gold (he's purple!)

the sheep comes fully grown (4 hour timer)
The eagle statue is 1x1 (deco only)
Can't get the stag since I can't get any gold runes

The sheep is an excellent buy for players with an abundance of bronze and silver runes, who need sources for wool! Kudos for that addition S8!

Thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed the new items. The stag is pretty cool looking.

His drops are same as the other stags. And that, my friends, is how to blow 88 gems on 3 wood and 2 glimmerdust.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

PrincessCupOButter
11-23-16, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed the new items. The stag is pretty cool looking.

His drops are same as the other stags. And that, my friends, is how to blow 88 gems on 3 wood and 2 glimmerdust.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

You're welcome! Tested your system again....I collected all my tomatoes and sent off the trade. Lo and behold I got exactly 2 gold runes! :eek:(And a few bronze and silver...forgot to check amounts! )
An amazing coincidence, considering the stag requires 2 gold runes. Lol.
Now for the hard decision....do I go for the pretty purple stag? Or do I hoard those sparkly gold runes in hopes of someday maybe getting enough for an Ali? Decisions decisions.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

ShibuyaCloth
11-23-16, 03:00 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702097.png_2v_31020.png
Eagle Statue (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_EagleStatue)
Info: A fierce statue of an eagle. Do not stare directly into its eyes.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 10 Bronze Rune, 10 Silver Rune
Events: Limited Edition - November 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb907007.png_2v_31020.png
Speckled Sheep (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SpeckledSheep)
Info: A fully spotted sheep. Provides Wool, Small chance of Prime Cuts.
Requirements: 30 Bronze Rune, 30 Silver Rune
Drops: Coins, Wool, Prime Cut
Timer: 240 minutes // 4 hours
Speed-up: 16 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb907008.png_2v_31020.png
Elvenite Stag (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ElveniteStag)
Info: A rare Stag from the Elven Kingdom.
Requirements: 40 Bronze Rune, 40 Silver Rune, 2 Gold Rune
Drops: Coins, Wood, Glimmerdust
Timer: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Speed-up: 88 gems

kattkrazie
11-23-16, 03:33 PM
You're welcome! Tested your system again....I collected all my tomatoes and sent off the trade. Lo and behold I got exactly 2 gold runes! :eek:(And a few bronze and silver...forgot to check amounts! )
An amazing coincidence, considering the stag requires 2 gold runes. Lol.
Now for the hard decision....do I go for the pretty purple stag? Or do I hoard those sparkly gold runes in hopes of someday maybe getting enough for an Ali? Decisions decisions.

Happy Thanksgiving!

That decision would be easy for me. Nothing could get in the way of getting my first rainbow Ali. Especially a stag. :rolleyes:

Also, another thing to be cautious about. For 2 of my rainbow Ali's, I had enough gold before I got the 80 silver because I had done too many boosts. I think 40 silver for a stag is a little high for those wanting the Ali first, based on my experience with acquiring the necessary runes.

Whoa, did I ever mess up your quote!!:p

federerGOAT
11-23-16, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
Got myself the sheep and stag

PrincessCupOButter
11-23-16, 03:53 PM
Lol! I've decided to wait. I don't need another stag. But I sure wish I could trade my lime green one for that purple one!

Thanks for the heads up about the silver...I still have 131 after purchasing the eagle and the sheep and crafting another harvest boost for those blasted tomatoes. :rolleyes:. I've vowed not to let myself get below 80 silver runes, just in case I ever get enough gold runes for that rainbow Ali!!

MoonVillage3
11-24-16, 12:38 PM
That decision would be easy for me. Nothing could get in the way of getting my first rainbow Ali. Especially a stag. :rolleyes:

Also, another thing to be cautious about. For 2 of my rainbow Ali's, I had enough gold before I got the 80 silver because I had done too many boosts. I think 40 silver for a stag is a little high for those wanting the Ali first, based on my experience with acquiring the necessary runes.

Whoa, did I ever mess up your quote!!:p

the deer is pretty, specially the purple one.. but as Katt suggested in post above I'll save toward the RainbowAli. as we know earning GoldRunes is not by equivalent exchanges.. the theory of numbers and frequency of trades could explain everything. just alittle patience and Gold will hopefully come tumbling in;)

klembodius2
11-25-16, 12:25 AM
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the last 81 pages but I ain't looking through. But what does the mystic kiln do? Like boosts or what? If it's like the reliquary it ain't worth it. Unless
They link together.

SpiritWind00
11-25-16, 12:38 AM
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the last 81 pages but I ain't looking through. But what does the mystic kiln do? Like boosts or what? If it's like the reliquary it ain't worth it. Unless
They link together.
the kiln is apparently like another magic forge. :)

PrincessCelestian
11-25-16, 07:28 AM
Eeeek!! Finally have my rainbow Ali!!!! Maybe now I can get one more gold rune to get the stag before it goes away.

VersaceMorrow
11-25-16, 12:07 PM
Can anyone with the fish market confirm whether or not it drops blue fish? I used to be maxed out on those constantly but now they're few and far between when the elves want them.

ninjalejones
11-25-16, 12:18 PM
Can anyone with the fish market confirm whether or not it drops blue fish? I used to be maxed out on those constantly but now they're few and far between when the elves want them.

It doesn't.

PrincessCupOButter
11-25-16, 01:59 PM

I have the same problem. Blue fish are abundant UNLESS I'm trying to restock after an elf trade. They do seem to have a bit better drop rate when I am not maxed on water.

I got encouraged recently because I finally got 2 gold runes to drop, but today the little thieves wanted 12 golden eggs and they gave me 7 bronze runes in return. And they must be building a wall somewhere, because they keep requesting stone blocks!
I think we need to renegotiate the trade treaty with these elves. :mad:

Ps. If the fish market is ever on sale, I'd recommend purchasing it. It is handy for catfish, gold fish and butterfish, as well as the occasional precooked fish dish....but unfortunately, no blue fish.

janddolphins
11-25-16, 09:07 PM
Anyone else still have no gold? I probably send out at least once a day and I'm just waiting for the day I'll see more than bronze and silver. Starting to think it will never come. Most days now I just get a couple bronze if lucky

Ps thanks for the tip about the limited editions, that speckled sheep is just too cute!

PrincessCupOButter
11-26-16, 11:59 AM
After a trade, when the elf pops up saying "Thank you. Please accept this payment" with a 'collect' button. There should also be a button saying 'insufficient funds-try again'

Tried to post a pic, but I am suddenly unable to do so. Hmmmm....

And after deleting the bad links from this post, it somehow attached the photos I tried to upload as thumbnails....strange.

meme1098
11-26-16, 04:49 PM
After a trade, when the elf pops up saying "Thank you. Please accept this payment" with a 'collect' button. There should also be a button saying 'insufficient funds-try again'

And after deleting the bad links from this post, it somehow attached the photos I tried to upload as thumbnails....strange.

Did you figure out the secret to posting pics after the IOS 10 update?? LOL

PrincessCelestian
11-27-16, 06:35 AM
I have the same problem. Blue fish are abundant UNLESS I'm trying to restock after an elf trade. They do seem to have a bit better drop rate when I am not maxed on water.

I got encouraged recently because I finally got 2 gold runes to drop, but today the little thieves wanted 12 golden eggs and they gave me 7 bronze runes in return. And they must be building a wall somewhere, because they keep requesting stone blocks!
I think we need to renegotiate the trade treaty with these elves. :mad:

Ps. If the fish market is ever on sale, I'd recommend purchasing it. It is handy for catfish, gold fish and butterfish, as well as the occasional precooked fish dish....but unfortunately, no blue fish.

They are some greedy little suckers on those blue fish!!!! I am glad to have somewhere for them to go but dang!! Recently all they have been wanting from me is grits. Grits grits and more grits. Good to know about the fish market on the other ones though. I have it in storage and the little suckers just wiped me out on butterfish. I wish that it dropped blue fish!! And i agree on the trade deal!! That sucker needs to be renegotiated!!

PrincessCelestian
11-27-16, 06:36 AM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yaaaaaassss!!!

ktorewqas
11-27-16, 09:42 AM

And after deleting the bad links from this post, it somehow attached the photos I tried to upload as thumbnails....strange.;) love the "insufficient funds - try again button " lol

kenkriskev333
11-27-16, 09:49 AM
How do I use the elvenite. I'm maxed out but don't know what it's for

ShibuyaCloth
11-27-16, 01:05 PM
How do I use the elvenite. I'm maxed out but don't know what it's for

You need a Elven Reliquary

MoonVillage3
11-27-16, 02:59 PM

this is an EXcellent idea!
we should be able to refuse as well! for the fact the little devils take even if you don't want to deliver a part of the request.. and this is not logical.. we should be able to participate in some way during the deal.

are we sure this Outpost is working properly?
we're exchanging daily, for weeks.. and just can't get together 10Gold?
S8 please check? we're sure something is wrong there.

riverly
11-27-16, 04:56 PM
I agree it should be deal? Or no deal?

littelprincess0313
11-28-16, 11:19 AM
I agree it should be deal? Or no deal?

I would love to know what I get for my stuff in advance

Does anybody know how to get gold runes? I had a few rare stuff and didnt get any golden runes -.-
Im gonna stop trying until I know which items give which runes

riverly
11-28-16, 12:20 PM
The items you trade seem to have no bearing on what you get in return. Even the simplest of trades have netted gold runes. From reading other player imput, I have noticed two different approaches to the trades. One is to do every trade that comes up, the other is to only do the ones you are comfortable with. I'm not comfortable with depleting rare items. P.S. If anyone cracks the code, please let us know. Lol.

germander10
11-29-16, 06:14 PM
I might have missed important information in previous posts, but I still can't find an answer to my question:

What is the purpose of the Elven Reliquary?

I keep making things in the Reliquary, but I have no idea why these items are required, how many I need to make, or if I'm just wasting time and resources!

ashley224
11-29-16, 08:56 PM
I might have missed important information in previous posts, but I still can't find an answer to my question:

What is the purpose of the Elven Reliquary?

I keep making things in the Reliquary, but I have no idea why these items are required, how many I need to make, or if I'm just wasting time and resources!

The reason no one has answered your question is that no one knows the answer. My expectation is that these items will be used in a future update but we have many things that have no use.

brigadoon365
11-29-16, 10:14 PM
Anyone else still have no gold? I probably send out at least once a day and I'm just waiting for the day I'll see more than bronze and silver. Starting to think it will never come. Most days now I just get a couple bronze if lucky

Ps thanks for the tip about the limited editions, that speckled sheep is just too cute!
I have a total of two. Sent out a trade that included a bunch of silver today figuring I'd get gold in return. Nope 8 bronze ruins. What a rip off. I need to renegotiate my eleven trade agreement. I got the raw end of the deal here.

And what does the stag drop? Wondering if I should use my two gold for it.

riverly
11-29-16, 10:50 PM
Reported drops in earlier posts confirm that the stag drops wood(about 3?) and glimmer dust (also 3).

On a different subject, I was expecting my red flower collection would double with the harvest boost, because the boost symbol shows up on my flowers. I don't think I got double the harvest. Why would the symbol show up there if it doesn't do anything. I think there is something wrong. Has anyone else noticed this?

MoonVillage3
11-30-16, 06:53 AM
Eeeekkkkkk! I got a GoldRune after 2months of trading everyday! that adds up to the 6 I got in the first week.
6 plus 1 = 7!!! OMG! this is punishment!!!
After threatening that low flying Buzzard to pluck out every feather of her tail.. she dropped ONE GoldRune.. lol!
It's obvious she hasn't much sympathy for me.. on the other hand I'll make a collection of plucked Sparrow feathers and decorate my Pine Trees for Christmas.. hahahahaha!

TRADE PROPOSAL...

OF COURSE I 'COLLECT'.. I CANT EVEN SAY NO.. LOL!

Ok.. let's be serious:
1 GoldRune in 2months.. I still need 3 for the RainBow Ali. Maybe in May 2017.. I'll be able to get it! Exchanging everyday!!!!!! Phew! I'll have finished plucking ALL that Buzzard's feathers and thrown her in the Cauldron too.

cheers196
11-30-16, 10:34 AM
On November 23 I came here and read katt's post and decided to try "my odds increase more trades I do" strategy. Ever since I have been trying to trade every 4 hours when I am awake, although I had to wait longer sometimes to collect required items. I have never gem skipped to trade. (I don't spent any real money in these game. Sorry storm8. I get done things with sheer obsessions.)

Here are the reports. During the passed week I got 5 gold runes in one kingdom and 4 in the other!! The strategy works!! Thank you katt for the advice!!

gilachaya
11-30-16, 10:58 AM
I've been speeding up the trades and got the gold runes for the mystic kiln.

The mystic kiln crafts longsword, light armor, bait, silver platter, jeweled hairpin, troll club, sentry horn, incubate egg, incubate dragon's egg, and for those who have the alchemy trade, you can do the alchemy coal to jewels, alchemy iron to silver, alchemy silver to mithral and alchemy adamante.

kattkrazie
11-30-16, 11:22 AM
On November 23 I came here and read katt's post and decided to try "my odds increase more trades I do" strategy. Ever since I have been trying to trade every 4 hours when I am awake, although I had to wait longer sometimes to collect required items. I have never gem skipped to trade. (I don't spent any real money in these game. Sorry storm8. I get done things with sheer obsessions.)

Here are the reports. During the passed week I got 5 gold runes in one kingdom and 4 in the other!! The strategy works!! Thank you katt for the advice!!

Yay!! So happy it's working out for you, too. I'm halfway to rainbow #5. I did less trades during the holiday and true to form, I received only bronze. But I got back into it this week and have received 5 gold runes in just 3 days.

Good luck to everyone else!

riverly
12-01-16, 06:54 AM

The mystic kiln crafts longsword, light armor, bait, silver platter, jeweled hairpin, troll club, sentry horn, incubate egg, incubate dragon's egg, and for those who have the alchemy trade, you can do the alchemy coal to jewels, alchemy iron to silver, alchemy silver to mithral and alchemy adamante.thanks for posting this. It makes my decision to try or not try for one easier.

MoonVillage3
12-01-16, 09:40 AM
well.. trying to make trades every 4hrs as soon as it's proposed may be the solution.
Katt was able to make 4RainbowAlis gemming ahead timeouts and that's top work.
Cheers doing regular 4hr trades got approximately 5GoldRunes per week, which is good.
May the secret of obtaining GoldRunes be constant trades?
I've been trying.. let's see how it goes.

ktorewqas
12-01-16, 12:24 PM
Yay!! So happy it's working out for you, too. I'm halfway to rainbow #5. I did less trades during the holiday and true to form, I received only bronze. But I got back into it this week and have received 5 gold runes in just 3 days.

Good luck to everyone else! 5 gold in 3 days ... That gives me hope. I hope I can get 5 gold in 3 weeks lol

ShibuyaCloth
12-01-16, 01:16 PM
5 gold in 3 days ... That gives me hope. I hope I can get 5 gold in 3 weeks lol

What is that "gold", have I missed something :p

ktorewqas
12-01-16, 01:48 PM
What is that "gold", have I missed something :p
Gold runes ;)

ShibuyaCloth
12-01-16, 02:04 PM
Gold runes ;)

I must have gone for... at least 5 minutes :D

Checked my counter, 5 goldies since the outpost is here!

BTW: 10 skunk-pie + basic stuff..... 8 bronze!

SpiritWind00
12-01-16, 05:17 PM

The mystic kiln crafts longsword, light armor, bait, silver platter, jeweled hairpin, troll club, sentry horn, incubate egg, incubate dragon's egg, and for those who have the alchemy trade, you can do the alchemy coal to jewels, alchemy iron to silver, alchemy silver to mithral and alchemy adamante.

I've updated the HUB info thread, but missing 2 bits of info.
1. can you still get another one? (is it still listed in the rune market); and
2. can it be sold?

riverly
12-01-16, 10:45 PM
Got my 10th gold rune today. Yay!! I pretty well did all trades, but skipped one or two here and there, so I guess the odds do finally even out a bit. But, who knows I may have gotten them quicker doing all trades.
I am now figuring out the best strategic way to use my boosts on my crops to get the maximum use of them. In a way those bronze and silver runes aren't too bad after all. It's good to have a supply of them. All in all, I like this new aspect of the game.
Now all I need is some boars to spawn to replace some magic bags and pelts. But of course, they are no where to be found. Aargh.

gilachaya
12-02-16, 02:34 AM
I've updated the HUB info thread, but missing 2 bits of info.
1. can you still get another one? (is it still listed in the rune market); and
2. can it be sold?

It is still listed in the rune market. It can be sold for 0 coins.

SpiritWind00
12-02-16, 02:38 AM
Great, thanks very much!

PrincessCupOButter
12-02-16, 07:36 AM
I tried sending out every trade, 2 sometimes 3 a day, for four days. Until they literally took every ounce of sap I could gather twice. When they came back for more I said no. (Didn't have any to send anyway.) For my troubles I got zero gold runes. In fact, I was getting mostly bronze. After skipping that trade, I got some silver again, so I feel like skipping actually helped this time.

The first time I tried the not skipping theory, (and posted about it) I did get two gold after several trades. But they quickly dried up again. I now have 618 bronze, 174 silver and 5 gold. I don't understand how it all works, but nothing seems to bring gold runes for me. Skipping, not skipping, sending rare stuff, easy stuff...no pattern at all. I've gotten gold runes exactly 3 times. 1 once then 2 and 2.

I'm just going to stick with my origional strategy. Trade when I have plenty of what they're asking for, skip the greediest ones and make harvest boosts with the bronze and silver runes.

Ps. The iOS update yesterday (Dec. 1) has made the outpost invisible again. Not a huge deal since it still 'works' (using that term loosely, since I've accepted that I won't get gold runes, but definitely not happy about it) but it looks like the bug is back.

meme1098
12-02-16, 07:42 AM
Exactly how it's been working for me too, bingo. No rhyme or reason whatsoever. If I ever get enough gold for an Ali, I'll probably very rarely do any trades again.

riverly
12-02-16, 07:47 AM
Now that I've got enough for 1 Ali , I think I'll just replenish some stuff and then treat it as a long term goal for 2nd Ali. I don't really want the kiln.

Eluzyion
12-02-16, 08:09 AM
I don't know how long it takes to get gold, but I haven't skipped any and I've gotten no gold at all :/

comeseecomesah
12-02-16, 11:15 AM
Did 9 or 10 trades today speeding most of them as an experiment. No gold!!!

My sheep said ' Bahhh humbug'.

fish63
12-02-16, 12:05 PM
Was wrong on numbers. Bronze 466, silver 88, gold3 Not good return for what I've sent!

ladyknightkeladry
12-03-16, 12:13 AM
Is there a comprehensive guide/post for the boosts? Like for how long they last, effects, how many you can activate at once, etc? I checked the hub and all I saw was a post listing the rune requirements for each boost and the in-game descriptions. I haven't activated any of mine yet and I want to maximize the effects when I eventually do use one.

ladyperidot
12-03-16, 09:03 AM
I loaded the castle story update that was available and now Nadinas tower/perch has disappeared again!

SpiritWind00
12-03-16, 04:31 PM
I loaded the castle story update that was available and now Nadinas tower/perch has disappeared again!
Another reinstall will fix it.... If not, please post in bugs forum. Thanks.

Inachis2V
12-04-16, 01:25 PM
I would like to use a boost to harvest my 32 hot pepper, but I have no idea how I have to do that.

My boost is in my boosts inventory.

What about the energy ? Do I have to wait to have the 32 energy ?
Do I have to click "activate" just before I go to harvest ?
Do I have to click on every hot pepper, or does it go by itself ?

Thanks for your help ;-)

I tried and found the answer ;-) !!

SpiritWind00
12-04-16, 02:02 PM
I've used both of the farming boost... Kind of by accident;) yes you have to hit activate as that starts the timer.

Nimble Farmer (10 Bronze Runes) - Speeds up the timer for crops when active. I think from memory you get 3 hours of active time with this boost. Planning is imperative!

The timer for your crop goes at double speed. So, if you plant eg strawberries which take an hour, your crop will be ready in 30 mins. If you click once on a strawberry you can see the timer speeding up.

Yes you have to pick them as normal and have the energy to collect them, but this is where the other boost comes in handy...

Harvest Champion (5 Silver Runes & 15 Bronze Runes) - Doubles the number of crops collected when active
This one works as a double harvester, so you collect from one strawberry patch and you get your 1-2 strawberry as normal PLUS you get a strawberry drop as another colour, I think it's like a dusky grey colour with your DOUBLE drop. That's how you can tell it's working as you see 2 different coloured berries drop. Yes crop will drop energy as normal (if you have the agricultural shard).

Yes you collect each crop square as normal.

So, in this example, if you had zero berries and 50 farm plots and you activated both boosts, you'd grow strawberries faster and pick min of 100. This is why you have to plan what you'll grow/pick so you don't max out.

Does that help?

Inachis2V
12-04-16, 02:12 PM
Thanks a lot Spirit ;-)

Your help is great as usually !!

PrincessCupOButter
12-04-16, 02:17 PM
Snip...Yes crop will drop energy as normal (if you have the agricultural shard).

There is bonus energy also! When activated the harvest champion also drops double energy along with the double crops. And in the case of fellora blossoms, the occasional dark plant drop is also doubled.
It's hands down my favorite boost!!

SpiritWind00
12-04-16, 02:17 PM
Anytime ;) if you do choose to give it a go, can you post at a min the activation time? Would love to hear how you get on with peppers! Just don't activate the harvest one while you're growing them... ;)

--------

Thanks PrincessCOB!

Inachis2V
12-04-16, 02:45 PM
I activated when the hotpepper were to be collected, and I had enough energy. Time is 3 Hours, and the energy return is double also with the hotpepper ;-). !!

aroara
12-08-16, 04:36 PM
How do I get silver and gold runes. I have over 100 bronze 0 silver 0 gold. What am I doing wrong?

kattkrazie
12-08-16, 05:08 PM
How do I get silver and gold runes. I have over 100 bronze 0 silver 0 gold. What am I doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. The silver is rarer than bronze and the gold is extremely rare. The only thing you can do to improve your situation is to do more trades. If you only have 100 bronze, you apparently haven't done very many deliveries. The more you do, the better your chance for the rarer runes. Good luck.

aroara
12-10-16, 02:29 PM
Ok thanks. Just got the upgrade recently

kattkrazie
12-10-16, 04:34 PM
Ok thanks. Just got the upgrade recently

So sorry. I assumed you'd been doing trades since September. Since you only recently finished the upgrade, 100 bronze is good. Just keep doing as many trades as you're comfortable with, and you'll start getting the silver and gold eventually. Prepare to get a little frustrated with the payments. We're all in that same boat. Gold runes are crazy rare.

janddolphins
12-10-16, 09:43 PM
Miracles happen, I finally got my first piece of gold! So hang in for those who don't because you never know.

I probably stared at the screen a good minute trying to figure out what that yellow thing was lol. Now to get enough for the Ali. I hope this is not an indication of the rate! But still happy as it means it's possible.

riverly
12-13-16, 08:45 AM
It seems like Nadina is taking more of my silver than what I'm getting in return.

tonyjosiah
12-13-16, 10:34 AM
I'm not normally one to complain. But this, by far, is the WORST idea I have ever seen in this game. The Gold is just too unbalanced! & this is coming from someone who has a Rainbow Alicorn and several Purple Stags. Luckily I have plenty of resources to trade. I can't imagine how it is for low level players. But when you have 1500 bronze and not even 15 Gold Runes, there is a SERIOUS imbalance. And what does the Elf Kiln do that's so special anyway? Craft weapons??? My avatar has been fighting with the same exact animation for over 3 years. I hope they expand upon this idea soon. Because I'm not doing trades for valuable resources like Gold Nuggets/Eggs/Apples and Blue Fish for a bunch more Bronze and Silver ruins so I can buy decorations that won't even fit on my board because I can't expand, because there are no more expansions. I see people who typically spend a lot of gems have multiple Rainbow Ali's. But for the average joe/Jill who wants to just pick up a social and casual game and have fun, this whole Elf trade business is horrible. It's even worse than the Farm Story one! Ok I'm done ranting. But I hate to see things like this ruin my favorite game for so many people. Then they quit and I'm left with a list of inactive neighbors. (Sighs)

meme1098
12-13-16, 11:38 AM
🖲 - like button. And ... not to mention the darn bird takes over your game every time it returns to the treehouse. So irritating to have that happen right in the middle of whatever you're working on in the game.

kattkrazie
12-13-16, 05:07 PM
I'm not normally one to complain. But this, by far, is the WORST idea I have ever seen in this game. The Gold is just too unbalanced! & this is coming from someone who has a Rainbow Alicorn and several Purple Stags. Luckily I have plenty of resources to trade. I can't imagine how it is for low level players. But when you have 1500 bronze and not even 15 Gold Runes, there is a SERIOUS imbalance. And what does the Elf Kiln do that's so special anyway? Craft weapons??? My avatar has been fighting with the same exact animation for over 3 years. I hope they expand upon this idea soon. Because I'm not doing trades for valuable resources like Gold Nuggets/Eggs/Apples and Blue Fish for a bunch more Bronze and Silver ruins so I can buy decorations that won't even fit on my board because I can't expand, because there are no more expansions. I see people who typically spend a lot of gems have multiple Rainbow Ali's. But for the average joe/Jill who wants to just pick up a social and casual game and have fun, this whole Elf trade business is horrible. It's even worse than the Farm Story one! Ok I'm done ranting. But I hate to see things like this ruin my favorite game for so many people. Then they quit and I'm left with a list of inactive neighbors. (Sighs)

Thanks. This needed to be said whether any changes are made or not. I'm one of the players with multiple rainbow Ali's but I've spent an obscene amount of gems on the deliveries to get those Ali's. I feel bad for players who can't or would rather not buy that many gems. The rune payments are ridiculousy low for the resources we have to give up. And the items requested are the same things over and over rather than requesting other items that we're maxed on. I had 3 deliveries in a row wanting hot peppers when I stay maxed on all other crops. The whole process needs some serious adjustments. I don't have any neighbors who say "the elf trades are so fun and I love doing them". I only hear negative comments. Not good for the economy of the game. Lol

ninjalejones
12-13-16, 05:23 PM
To be fair, you can get multiple rainboe ali's without spending gems, I just got my third after a month long draught of gold runes, doing at minimum 4 trades a day. I havent spent gems speeding up trades, I've just done near all of them but I'm at a place in my game where, unless there is an event going on, I have nothing else to do except gather resources. So I trade my resources constantly and use the massive amounts of extra bronze and silver for boosts.

Do I think the exchange rate for goods vs runes is fair? No, it could use some improvement but it is totally doable to obtain multiple rainbow ali's without using gems. It just takes time, patience and a sh*tload of resources you need to be willing to part with.

kattkrazie
12-13-16, 05:37 PM
To be fair, you can get multiple rainboe ali's without spending gems, I just got my third after a month long draught of gold runes, doing at minimum 4 trades a day. I havent spent gems speeding up trades, I've just done near all of them but I'm at a place in my game where, unless there is an event going on, I have nothing else to do except gather resources. So I trade my resources constantly and use the massive amounts of extra bronze and silver for boosts.

Do I think the exchange rate for goods vs runes is fair? No, it could use some improvement but it is totally doable to obtain multiple rainbow ali's without using gems. It just takes time, patience and a sh*tload of resources you need to be willing to part with.

Different kingdoms have varying degrees of good luck. There's always an exception to every rule. The majority of players are getting bronze runes almost exclusively. While it's good that you like the delivery quest, many of us are not satisfied with it. I have 5 rainbow Ali's so I'm not saying it's impossible to achieve, but lower level players are severely disadvantaged.

rulerofjennyville
12-13-16, 05:55 PM
Could someone upload a picture of the rainbow alicorn? And what does it give in drops?

kattkrazie
12-13-16, 06:05 PM
Could someone upload a picture of the rainbow alicorn? And what does it give in drops?

He drops 4-100 energy, most often 4. Also drops rainbow towers, walls, and gates. But his best drop is the rainbow pot which can be chopped for pretty good prizes. The inventory card with his picture is in the rune market.

MoonVillage3
12-13-16, 11:03 PM
NEW BOOSTS are being loaded in the Elven Apothecary!

Best Brewer: speeds up PotionShop x 3hrs
Top Chef: speeds up Kitchen x 3hrs

Not showing needs yet.. at the moment they are still loading

ninjalejones
12-14-16, 02:37 AM
Different kingdoms have varying degrees of good luck. There's always an exception to every rule. The majority of players are getting bronze runes almost exclusively. While it's good that you like the delivery quest, many of us are not satisfied with it. I have 5 rainbow Ali's so I'm not saying it's impossible to achieve, but lower level players are severely disadvantaged.

I don't disagree that the luck factor for different kingdoms is unfair but lower levels are disadvantaged in every quest and goal, which is a part of the incentive to keep playing and building resources in every game, so I disagree that being a lower level is a particular sticking point with the outpost. The randomness of drops is what should be addressed, not just with gold and silver runes but in every quest where you have a 'chance' at different items, like the adventure and mummy kittens. In other words, you should know what you get in return for your time and resources, no matter what level you are.

hagypagy
12-14-16, 04:22 AM

Excitement!
Can't wait for an Animal Boost ... hopefully it's down the line somewhere...

CookingMonarch
12-14-16, 06:01 AM
Has anyone got as far as gaining the Mystic Kiln? If so, what does it do?
I'm nowhere near it yet, but I'm resisting making my first Rainbow Alicorn as I thought the Mystic Kiln might be needed for future story development...

meme1098
12-14-16, 07:39 AM
I'm nowhere near it yet, but I'm resisting making my first Rainbow Alicorn as I thought the Mystic Kiln might be needed for future story development...

As I had it momentarily when the Outpost first appeared, I saw only the same crafts as the Magic Forge. So nothing spectacular or unique about it then.

jhjhgy
12-14-16, 09:22 AM
Where do I get feather so I can expand to trading post?

sunnygirl634
12-14-16, 09:34 AM

Did they ever load for you? Mine just keep spinning and spinning and will not load.

MoonVillage3
12-14-16, 10:18 AM
Did they ever load for you? Mine just keep spinning and spinning and will not load.

Still spinning! It's now 12hrs they're spinning. Now I can see what is needed to make them, but can't yet.

comeseecomesah
12-14-16, 12:08 PM
Well I hope the update will give more gold. Got my 1st rainbow ali in 1 kingdom but it's such slow going. Have tried doing back to back trades but not worked for me in both high level kingdoms so no point in me breaking my back to speed up resources.
I'm gonna be very disappointed if something nice comes up and I have no way to get it. I'll cry like a baby lol
Something needs to be done.

littelprincess0313
12-14-16, 01:20 PM
Well I hope the update will give more gold. Got my 1st rainbow ali in 1 kingdom but it's such slow going. Have tried doing back to back trades but not worked for me in both high level kingdoms so no point in me breaking my back to speed up resources.
I'm gonna be very disappointed if something nice comes up and I have no way to get it. I'll cry like a baby lol
Something needs to be done.

I wish I had one Rainbow
I wish i had one gold?!
I tried doing every trade as suggested for a week now and didnt get one. Im close to stop doing trades there's just no fun for me. I have tons of runes I cant use for anything cause everything without gold runes is just useless -.-

MoonVillage3
12-14-16, 03:01 PM
The only thing the Elven Outpost is useful for is the Boosters! I'm sorry, NOT in anyway of obtaining a RainbowAli. Gold Runes I got the first week, after that nothing.. and I do at least 3 trades per day.. never refusing even gold objects. I have no problems having enough materials in fulfilling the requests as my kingdom is well equipped BUT.. no results have been obtained.

I posted before and post again.. it's defected. Just like you can't use the partial trade tabs? They are defected too! This part of the game needs revision and attention of developers. Or maybe it's made to be one of those random creations only luck works? In that case.. I don't wish a RainbowAli, nor GoldRunes, as all players should have the same opportunity, and if they spend the time and work continuously, they should all eventually have positive results.

meme1098
12-14-16, 03:20 PM
I finally got the last gold runes I needed to get the Rainbow Ali. WooHoo!
That darn bird can go suck eggs now for all I care...lol.

ktorewqas
12-14-16, 04:34 PM
That darn bird can go suck eggs now for all I care...lol.congrats! It's a random game so some of my neighbors got 3 even 5 (you know who lol). I got two �� only thing I can say is pure luck :p

cuted1011
12-15-16, 05:58 AM
I've used so many of the gold boosts and I've yet to see any extra gold, actually none at all from my sparkling mines. I know it's supposed to increase my chances but I waste so many runes with nothing in return. Anyone else experiencing this?!

MoonVillage3
12-15-16, 06:05 AM
I've used so many of the gold boosts and I've yet to see any extra gold, actually none at all from my sparkling mines. I know it's supposed to increase my chances but I waste so many runes with nothing in return. Anyone else experiencing this?!
Using a Gold Booster gives you time to collect twice from the Mines. Out of 4 collections I got 1 nugget. As it says.. you can INCREASE your chances.. not that you'll find for something for sure. It's just random luck again that counts.

MoonVillage3
12-15-16, 07:00 AM
If you do extreme amounts of exchanges than what is offered daily, it's normal you raise the chances of finding gold runes.
Its like doing weekly playing in one day. Each player chooses.. if, when and how to play their game and this is highly respected and accepted, but judging at playing at a normal pace and speed.. gold runes are miserably lacking!

It's more than 2 months the Elven Goals has been introduced.
The Elven Outpost as it is functioning at the moment, besides making boosters, needs revisions on payments badly.
The Elven Reliquary is of no use as we have no idea what to do with the objects to make.
Elvenite we collect is just to be stored.

Everything reminds me of a broken slot machine that we keep throwing in needs.. but only if you're lucky it may start spinning. Sure we're not obligated to use it.. but we can't even store it so remains part of our game. What it surely does.. is a gem collection pot if you want to get something out of it.. and this has been proved!

katbtodd
12-15-16, 07:46 AM
Looks like we getting two more boost

PrincessCupOButter
12-15-16, 10:04 AM
That darn bird can go suck eggs now for all I care...lol.

Congrats!! I'm stuck at 7 gold runes and consider myself lucky to have that many!

With yet another extremely energy intense event happening, trades with the elves have been put on hold indefinitely. I don't have the energy required to replace 75 tomatoes and 50 glimmer bulbs, even with the boosts. Not to mention the little thieves want blue dye today. .....they always seem to want items that are required for the current event.

ladyperidot
12-15-16, 11:04 AM
Mine want gold nuggets. Ain't happening!! Step away from the bird and nobody gets hurt

klembodius2
12-15-16, 11:42 AM
Why do the two new boosts not load? They are under my boosts but when you go to craft them they just keep spinning. Lots of bugs lately SMH

SpiritWind00
12-15-16, 03:13 PM
I'll let the team know about the new boosts not loading.... :)

SpiritWind00
12-15-16, 06:43 PM
Just to let you know, the descriptions on the boosts now include timing information on how long they last (in the Apothecary).

ashley224
12-15-16, 11:31 PM

This has already been answered somewhere in this thread.

katbtodd
12-16-16, 02:58 AM
Please stop,asking for so many blue fish, I don't know about any body else. But I never have enough blue fish, and they are so hard to get back!!!!!!!

rulerofjennyville
12-16-16, 05:26 AM
I got some silver runes. I'm tempted to give up on the timed quests and just keep plugging away at these untimed ones. Less frustration.

riverly
12-16-16, 08:59 AM
Please stop,asking for so many blue fish, I don't know about any body else. But I never have enough blue fish, and they are so hard to get back!!!!!!!they are wanting my silver. At least I can chop rocks to get silver. But now I'm always low on silver.

SpiritWind00
12-17-16, 02:34 AM
The 2 new boosts pictures are now working. I've updated the HUB Elven thread with all new pictures.

BufftonHeights
12-21-16, 07:01 AM
I've made it to 9 gold runes. PLEASE Santa, bring me a 10th gold rune so I can get a rainbow Ali for Christmas. :D

rulerofjennyville
12-21-16, 05:36 PM
I've made it to 9 gold runes. PLEASE Santa, bring me a 10th gold rune so I can get a rainbow Ali for Christmas. :D

I've got 3 and 38 silver. I want that one alicorn then I'm pretty much done surrendering my resources unless I have enough extra. I'm going for one alicorn and then I might try for that one building they have. It doesn't look like the Ali gives off energy so I only need one. I'll go for the armored ali in the monster hunt after that.

a1mathteach
12-22-16, 07:48 AM
I just started using the outpost. Is there any way to know ahead of time what types of runes you'll get for doing the delivery? I would rather wait for those that yield silver and gold. Thanks!

roguebee
12-22-16, 07:54 AM
I just started using the outpost. Is there any way to know ahead of time what types of runes you'll get for doing the delivery? I would rather wait for those that yield silver and gold. Thanks!

No. It's like most aspects of the game, a bit of a gamble when you decide to trade your stock for an unknown payment.

MoonVillage3
12-22-16, 09:44 AM
no way at all! it's all random and never equivalent to exchange made. All players wish to have an idea but it's not possible. Seems it's the number of times exchanges are made and continous exchanges.

MoonVillage3
12-22-16, 11:01 PM
Is there a max on the amount of Runes we can hoard?

Chaotarch
12-23-16, 01:13 AM
Is there a max on the amount of Runes we can hoard?

no worries:rolleyes:
no cap s far... 1800 bronze, 400 silver....

ashley224
12-23-16, 05:56 AM
I've got 3 and 38 silver. I want that one alicorn then I'm pretty much done surrendering my resources unless I have enough extra. I'm going for one alicorn and then I might try for that one building they have. It doesn't look like the Ali gives off energy so I only need one. I'll go for the armored ali in the monster hunt after that.

Rainbow Ali gives energy everyday. Usually 4 or 5 sometimes more. Range is 4-100, although 100 is very rare.

riverly
12-23-16, 06:30 AM
I have also been getting flowered hedges and gates. It' is suppose to drop rainbow pots, but I haven't gotten any of those yet. I guess those are rare.

ashley224
12-23-16, 11:47 AM
Rainbow Ali gives energy everyday. Usually 4 or 5 sometimes more. Range is 4-100, although 100 is very rare.

I have also been getting flowered hedges and gates. It' is suppose to drop rainbow pots, but I haven't gotten any of those yet. I guess those are rare.

I was just replying to the part of her post about energy. Yes, it occasionally drops other stuff too. I have received one rainbow pot. I just got my Rainbow Ali a few weeks ago. I have not received the 100 energy from my Rainbow Ali but some of my nbrs have. The most energy I have received is 20 and that was only once.

f000bar
12-24-16, 09:00 AM
Doing the trades since the start with a least one trade a day, often more... so far I received zero Gold Runes. Any hint on how to improve my rate?

lmirul
12-25-16, 01:46 PM
I tried Kazz's strategy of not missing a trade and in 2 weeks I received 3 trades with gold runes. I know it's just luck but it really does seem to help..

Anaboe
12-25-16, 05:03 PM
Lol, ome of my trades asked for 3 purple hides. I always collect from the purple cow, and only had 26, bur decided to give them anyway, only got 3 silver or so.

rulerofjennyville
12-25-16, 05:51 PM
Lol, ome of my trades asked for 3 purple hides. I always collect from the purple cow, and only had 26, bur decided to give them anyway, only got 3 silver or so.

Mine, too - though what else has asked for those purple hides? I'm not worrying about keeping them.

Queen_Kiara
12-26-16, 07:59 PM
I don't know about anyone else 's trades but mine have never given anything good for trading away gold nuggets. I think I have had two or three trades which required gold nuggets and all I got back were always 9 bronze runes, not even a single silver runes! Hesitating to do another one with gold nuggets...

rulerofjennyville
12-26-16, 08:21 PM
I don't know about anyone else 's trades but mine have never given anything good for trading away gold nuggets. I think I have had two or three trades which required gold nuggets and all I got back were always 9 bronze runes, not even a single silver runes! Hesitating to do another one with gold nuggets...

I skipped the one gold nugget one I got. Gold nuggets are too hard to get - I want a guarantee of gold runes in return or forget it.

spanisheyes1
12-27-16, 05:08 AM
Just call me "disgusted of Avalon Town". Every item needed in trade was a rich one and in large numbers as well. Trade result 9 Bronze. Not even any silver just the bronze. I dont know about anyone else but I am not playing any more. Me and my ball are sulking.

tinydimegs
12-28-16, 12:31 AM
With my first few trades I also thought more valuable items would yield better ruins. Now that I know it's random I never trade when Gold Nuggets or fertilizer are asked for.

LocalNews
12-28-16, 04:01 PM
Just call me "disgusted of Avalon Town". Every item needed in trade was a rich one and in large numbers as well. Trade result 9 Bronze. Not even any silver just the bronze. I dont know about anyone else but I am not playing any more. Me and my ball are sulking.

I am about to give up these trades too. I was able to get one Ali from gold I collected previously but it has now been weeks since I got a gold.

rulerofjennyville
12-28-16, 04:51 PM
I am about to give up these trades too. I was able to get one Ali from gold I collected previously but it has now been weeks since I got a gold.
I have five gold runes and about half the silver I need. I just want one of the ali so I'll probably stop after I get it.

brigadoon365
01-01-17, 07:43 PM
Please please please S8 give us a notification of what the elves are offering for these trades. It is such a clever idea and a really fun option, but giving away three gold items for 8 bronze runes isn't worth the risk. Just give us the info so we can make an informed decision.

On another note, the spell or potion or whatever that doubles your harvest is GREAT for those slow growing crops!

scavaig
01-02-17, 05:39 AM
I remember someone said that you were more likely to get gold runes the more trades you do.

Sadly this is not true for me.

After a couple of weeks intensive trading I got the 8 bronze runes for 3 gold items trade just like brigadoon above. Gold runes were generally very very rare and randomly recieved through out the two weeks and there was no link between the value of items traded and the reward.

So....

. 1) there does not seem to be better rewards for more trades ..... And .... Most importantly...

2) please S8 give us a confirm button so we can refuse the trade if it does not reflect the value of the items the elves take.

I have Just been left with the feeling the game has robbed me..... And that is not good.

ashley224
01-02-17, 09:07 AM
I remember someone said that you were more likely to get gold runes the more trades you do.

After a couple of weeks intensive trading I got the 8 bronze runes for 3 gold items trade just like brigadoon above. Gold runes were generally very very rare and randomly recieved through out the two weeks and there was no link between the value of items traded and the reward.

So....

. 1) there does not seem to be better rewards for more trades ..... And .... Most importantly...

2) please S8 give us a confirm button so we can refuse the trade if it does not reflect the value of the items the elves take.

I have Just been left with the feeling the game has robbed me..... And that is not good.
Perhaps you misunderstood what was meant by more likely to get gold ruins if make more trades. I believe what was meant for example, if you do 10 trades you have twice as many chances to get gold ruins than if you only complete 5 trades. Never trade gold items if you don't have very many. It is definitely not worth it.

PrincessCupOButter
01-02-17, 09:09 AM

So....

At first, it did seem as though the more trades I did, the better chance of gold runes. But not anymore. I have been doing all trades (even gave away 15 golden eggs!) and have been stuck on 7 gold runes for weeks. :mad:
I just want the 3 gold runes I need for a rainbow ali, and then I will ignore those greedy little thieves. Or at least I'll ignore them EXCEPT when their extremely annoying bird takes over my game while I'm playing it. :mad:

Please S8, either stop that crazy bird or allow us to do so. (Thurston is pretty handy with a catapult!)

I'll admit, the boosts are a nice addition. Especially the harvest champion. But then again, I wouldn't need to double my harvest, if I weren't sending 75 tomatoes at a time to the elven thieves. :-/ We seriously need to renegotiate our trade agreement with these elves. I'm convinced they're working for the Baron.

kattkrazie
01-02-17, 12:38 PM
At first, it did seem as though the more trades I did, the better chance of gold runes. But not anymore. I have been doing all trades (even gave away 15 golden eggs!) and have been stuck on 7 gold runes for weeks. :mad:
I just want the 3 gold runes I need for a rainbow ali, and then I will ignore those greedy little thieves. Or at least I'll ignore them EXCEPT when their extremely annoying bird takes over my game while I'm playing it. :mad:

Please S8, either stop that crazy bird or allow us to do so. (Thurston is pretty handy with a catapult!)

I'll admit, the boosts are a nice addition. Especially the harvest champion. But then again, I wouldn't need to double my harvest, if I weren't sending 75 tomatoes at a time to the elven thieves. :-/ We seriously need to renegotiate our trade agreement with these elves. I'm convinced they're working for the Baron.

I have had the same experience as you. I was getting a decent amount of gold runes by doing lots of trades. Then after I posted my results about 6 weeks ago, I have not gotten even 1 gold rune. If I were a suspicious person, I would think something was up with that. :confused:

katbtodd
01-02-17, 01:42 PM
I have had the same experience as you. I was getting a decent amount of gold runes by doing lots of trades. Then after I posted my results about 6 weeks ago, I have not gotten even 1 gold rune. If I were a suspicious person, I would think something was up with that. :confused:

Gold just does not want to drop,, just very rare random drops ..

rulerofjennyville
01-02-17, 02:58 PM
I seem to be stuck on 5 gold and 60 silver as well. They need to change it so what you trade matches up with what you get back. I passed on the gold nugget trade because I didn't want to give up my gold nuggets to get bronze runes.

riverly
01-02-17, 06:58 PM
When I activate the crop collection boost, it shows up on the flowers I want to collect from, but yet I do not get double the flowers. If it shows up as a boost on the flowers shouldn't we be be getting double the flowers collected?

cyndora
01-02-17, 08:55 PM
gold runes????

what are these gold runes you speak of?

kattkrazie
01-02-17, 09:14 PM
gold runes????

Exactly!

scavaig
01-03-17, 09:52 AM
gold runes????

I have heard of them ...I believe they are a thing of legend, often spoke of in hushed tones, but never actually seen... And many concur they are indeed truly just an ancient.... And cruel ...myth. ;-)

janddolphins
01-03-17, 07:33 PM
I just have to share my happiness or I might explode! After months of the elusive gold rune then getting one last night, I just did a trade and I got THREE in ONE trade! I didn't even think that was possible and never dreamt of it. One would have made me happy! But now the Alicorn feels a little more in reach. I still need 6, but I no longer feel hopeless each trade and wonder if maybe they changed it so we will get slightly more or I just have been lucky these past few months. Either way I will take it and continue as many trades as I can. My stockpile that I spent years building is slowly dwindling away as I can only replace things so fast but it's worth it to me as that is what it was meant for really, to use for a useful prize like an alicorn :)

riverly
01-03-17, 10:37 PM
That's great news. I would also be thrilled to get 3 gold at one time. Maybe hopefully....... someday.

rulerofjennyville
01-04-17, 03:35 AM
That's great news. I would also be thrilled to get 3 gold at one time. Maybe hopefully....... someday.

I got five in one trade at the very beginning. But after that nothing.

zoroak
01-04-17, 01:03 PM
From my own trades, I've received gold rune(s), mostly 1 but had 3 once, from roughly 1 in 20 trades. Had a spell of 3 weeks without gold runes despite trading 2-3 times per day but had 2 trades in 1 day which yielded 3 and 1 gold runes.

riverly
01-04-17, 11:01 PM
Yippie Kai Yay!!! I got 3 gold runes!!!

riverly
01-06-17, 08:15 AM
Have they changed the elven trade? I did a trade and my game did not zoom out. Went to check something else and my bird was gone.
Nevermind. It's just glitchy this morning.

cavegirl1
01-06-17, 05:27 PM
Yippie Kai Yay!!! I got 3 gold runes!!!

Congratulations! I am one of the lucky ones who somehow managed to get 10 so have an Ali. Haven't seen another one since but pressure is definitely off in terms of sending off deliveries which ask for the 'good stuff' :)

janddolphins
01-07-17, 04:19 AM
From my own trades, I've received gold rune(s), mostly 1 but had 3 once, from roughly 1 in 20 trades. Had a spell of 3 weeks without gold runes despite trading 2-3 times per day but had 2 trades in 1 day which yielded 3 and 1 gold runes.

Yeah, I had my first gold a month in or so then it's been a dry spell until this one so I'm up to four. Seems I have REALLY long dry spells haha but there have been a couple posts about getting gold so I'm crossing my fingers they somehow changed the rate. I just want the Ali then I won't care as much. I'll go for a second Ali but I won't be pushing as hard. Right now I basically do every trade unless there is something I can't go without.

So there is hope for everyone but if it's taken me since the start minus a month since I was slower to get it 4 gold, it's going to take a while before I have enough for the Ali.

Sirelie
01-07-17, 05:19 AM
Ech, gold runes...
I send 1 trade per day, on average, from unlocking the elvest outpost (end of September). I have 5 gold runes. Indeed, gold runes are very rare.

rulerofjennyville
01-07-17, 07:58 AM
Ech, gold runes...
I send 1 trade per day, on average, from unlocking the elvest outpost (end of September). I have 5 gold runes. Indeed, gold runes are very rare.

I've managed to get six but I don't think I'll get the other four anytime soon. I want the rainbow alicorn.

BufftonHeights
01-07-17, 08:10 AM
Finally got my first rainbow Ali over the holidays. It gave me a rainbow tower today. :)

ktorewqas
01-07-17, 08:44 PM
Anything new? I can not trade even I confirmed to spend 0 gems :confused: I restarted the game, the same thing. 35266

riverly
01-07-17, 10:29 PM
That is strange. I wonder if the bird doesn't want to take almost all of your coal. I know that sounds weird, but I've never given away so much of any one item. Just a very wild guess!!!!

Or just a glitch???

MoonVillage3
01-07-17, 11:55 PM
I guess it's a glitch.. that greedy bird takes any and everything! wait awhile.. she must be going through a phase of indigestion, lol! I do see the ElvenOutpost glitches sometimes.. the other day I had 2 birds.. 1 in flying-in movement, stuck! and 1 sitting on the Outpost. at that moment I couldn't complete the exchange. after awhile it fixed itself.

ktorewqas
01-08-17, 05:14 AM
Thanks! I turned off my iPad and went to sleep. It went back to normal this morning :o

VersaceMorrow
01-08-17, 08:04 AM
So after getting second rainbow ali I decided to stop the trades for a while..... then the next one asked for small amounts of items I was maxed on anyway. Traded and got 2 gold. Next trade was the same way, so I did it got one gold. Now I feel compelled to go for another Ali. I WAS OUT... AND THEY PULLED ME RIGHT BACK IN! (Apologies to Al Pacino.)

Jennerwein1
01-08-17, 10:03 AM
I have 7 gold, trading every day. Tons of worthless bronze. Loosing interest , this is becoming more drudgery than fun. Congrats to everybody who has a rainbow Ali.

yummy_bistro
01-09-17, 12:49 AM
I activated the harvest boost, but it didn't allow me to harvest my Fellora nor to speed it up to 3 hours.

So how does it work? thx

ashley224
01-09-17, 01:23 AM
I activated the harvest boost, but it didn't allow me to harvest my Fellora nor to speed it up to 3 hours.

So how does it work? thx
There is a link to additional info in the hub in post 1 of this thread (located right after the bright red Capitol letters directing you to the hub). After going into the link, go to post 4 for lots of info on the elven boosts.

If it was the Harvest Champion boost you activated, for three hours after activation you can collect double crops. For maximum effectiveness of this boost, you should have your crops ready for collection when you activate this. And then plant another crop(s) that will be done growing prior to the boost expiring.

The Nimble Farmer boost speeds up growing time for three hours. This effectively reduces the growing time of longer growing crops by three hours. Ie a 21 hour crop will be ready in 18 hours.

yummy_bistro
01-09-17, 02:07 AM
There is a link to additional info in the hub in post 1 of this thread (located right after the bright red Capitol letters directing you to the hub). After going into the link, go to post 4 for lots of info on the elven boosts.

If it was the Harvest Champion boost you activated, for three hours after activation you can collect double crops. For maximum effectiveness of this boost, you should have your crops ready for collection when you activate this. And then plant another crop(s) that will be done growing prior to the boost expiring.

The Nimble Farmer boost speeds up growing time for three hours. This effectively reduces the growing time of longer growing crops by three hours. Ie a 21 hour crop will be ready in 18 hours.

thx for your feedback

I did read it

it just says harvest boost, same explanation as in the game.
It it needs to be close to ready for harvest, it should not say for 3 hours. I tried several harvest boost, nothing happened. It just expire by itself, not sure what to plant

is there any e.g for best effectiveness plants

thx in advance

riverly
01-09-17, 03:04 AM
Are you selecting your boosts through the apothecary? The harvest boost should work on all crops.
You need to have your crops ready for harvesting or at least have some that will be ready in under 3 hours for example have your felora plants ready for harvest and then grow corn or tomatoes after those are harvested.
But be sure you make a selection in the apothecary building.

ashley224
01-09-17, 07:44 AM
thx for your feedback

I did read it

it just says harvest boost, same explanation as in the game.
It it needs to be close to ready for harvest, it should not say for 3 hours. I tried several harvest boost, nothing happened. It just expire by itself, not sure what to plant

is there any e.g for best effectiveness plants

thx in advance

Yes, nothing would happen because your plants are not ready to harvest. Once they are ready to harvest, if you use another harvest boost, you will get twice as many crops when you harvest. Not sure if you are trying to get an increase in yield or a reduction in the time it take to grow.

And as riverly pointed out, to get the most from the boost, plant any crop that will be ready in LESS than three hours, this includes wheat, strawberries, tomatos and corn. If you plan well, depending on what crops you need, it can apply to many harvests. Ie. collect the felora, then plant wheat or strawberries, then depending on how much time is left you can plant strawberries, tomatoes or corn, and then tomatoes or corn, again and again until you are full of everything or the boost expires.

Alternatively you can use a Nimble Farmer boost to shorten the time for a longer growing plant to be done in time. Ie cocoa, normally 3 hours will be done in 1.5 hours wilth the Nimble Farmer boost. The Nimble Farmer boost will then speed up all additional crops until it also expires.

MoonVillage3
01-09-17, 10:30 AM
Rainbow Alicorn dropped a Floral Arch along with the 5 energy.

riverly
01-09-17, 10:44 AM
I've also gotten rainbow arches and hedges. Now I need room to place them.

FrostedThings
01-10-17, 10:16 AM
I got a gold rune today! *happy tears*

Two more to go and I can finally get my rainbow ali!

Guardian452
01-10-17, 11:13 AM

Congratulations! I was lucky enough and got the rainbow about a month ago. Haven't seen a gold rune since.

Sirelie
01-12-17, 06:02 AM

Congratulation!

I need more 4 gold runes for my first alicorn.
Average 2 trades per day, I have lot of bronze runes :-(

Queen_Kiara
01-12-17, 10:14 PM
It keeps throwing me 8 or 9 bronze runes in a row for trading away totally unfair amount of resources but I'm not even frustrated anymore. I've made myself believe that gold runes are non-existent and my trade is kind of a chore that must be done. At least that way I don't feel negative, lol. And got a gold rune today to my surprise! I was like aaah so this thing still exists?! Lol. 9 gold runes in total now!! So excited!