PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories ( Part 6)

kooky panda
09-22-16, 08:47 AM
Starting a new thread, since part 5 has now reached 100 pages!!!

Prior thread . (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82009-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-Theories-Part-5)

Elsa;476159']Dragon Story Experiments/Theories

Burning to share your theories or organize experiments on how to breed your favorite Dragons? You've come to the right place! With the help of like minded Caretakers and Dragon enthusiasts, you can pool ideas on how to get those elusive, rare Dragons like the infamous Diamond Dragon.

You can also create a Group like this one (https://forums.teamlava.com/group.php?groupid=148), which act as mini forums to share your ideas! You can post your Group links in the Fan Links forum (https://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?94-TeamLava-Fan-Links)!

Joining a group!
1. Click on Community at the top of the forum.
2. Click Groups.
3. Search for existing groups in the search box in the top right corner.
4. If there's no existing group, you can click Create Group to make a new group!

Please search for an existing group first before you create a new group (spam is bad ;D).

Dragon Story Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?111718-%26%2311088%3B-Dragon-Story-Main-Guide-%26%2311088%3B)

starship412
09-28-16, 07:11 AM
Any ideas on the easiest way to breed Mercury?

amerirish
09-28-16, 07:33 AM
Any ideas on the easiest way to breed Mercury?

Your best bet is the standard Water & Diamond + a lot of patience :) Best of luck to you!

ksbmommy
09-28-16, 07:52 AM
Your best bet is the standard Water & Diamond + a lot of patience :) Best of luck to you!

And that is why I gave up on this one. So sick of 12 hour fails!

JetteG
09-28-16, 08:59 AM
I think I got mercury while trying for black and purple diamond hybrids with thunderstorm and diamond.
I got mercury, black diamond and prime eternal from this combo.
Good luck

random59
09-29-16, 01:51 PM
I have just done the math and found out that by using Diamond for combos allows for all single splits to enter into the outcome equation.

Currently trying for the new Diamond/Rainbow hybrid and not using the correct breeding pairs, if I were to use either Gold or Mercury I remove the chance of Air, Water and Rainbow.

I actually removed Diamond out my breeding combo for Valiant which removed Fire, Water and Magic from the equation.

Hope this helps some.

pernmagic
10-09-16, 02:57 AM
At long last Anubis egg is on hatching nest :) :) ... Used Infinity x Peacock did have temple active at the time know if that helped .....

byteme77
10-14-16, 12:44 AM
What's this 8hr purple egg please33986

Bastiaan0
10-14-16, 06:51 AM
What's this 8hr purple egg please
Hermes (olympus/purple) ;)

KatysKats
10-24-16, 06:46 AM
At lvl 139 I have FINALLY gotten my first diamond! I stuck pink and purple bubble gum with white and blue banshee and got a 44 hour timer! Its about time!!

roguebee
10-24-16, 07:11 AM
Congrats on your Diamond

graovac
10-24-16, 11:16 AM
So what are you actually sugesting to use if I wont to go for Valiant? I did not play when all champions was in stand. Only win light mother, Dark prime and all other not soo cool dragons recently... Now I'm trying to breed my first diamond so I could go for Valiant. I love that dragon... Any sugestions?

Horseladi
10-24-16, 10:47 PM
Can you breed a champion dragon? I noticed in the last battle event where we had 48 battles to go through that a champion was the dragon to use to beat a lot of those battles easier. Thank you.

brendanwangx10
10-29-16, 07:41 AM
have no clue about it...:(

roguebee
10-29-16, 07:49 AM
Oracle is a white and Mythic combination.

pernmagic
10-31-16, 01:41 AM
Just bred a Headless dragon super rare according to the egg recognition chart .......bred castle x can't remember but egg on nest
New for me ..... :):)

CleoHotel
11-03-16, 07:54 AM
Starting a new thread, since part 5 has now reached 100 pages!!!

Prior thread . (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?82009-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-Theories-Part-5)

Dragon Story Game Guide (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide)

Please could you tell me how I get and Epic dragon - I have a challenge that says raise to Epic but I can't work out how! Thanks CleoHotel

starship412
11-03-16, 08:13 AM
Please could you tell me how I get and Epic dragon - I have a challenge that says raise to Epic but I can't work out how! Thanks CleoHotel

Raising a dragon to level 10 makes the dragon epic.

CleoHotel
11-03-16, 10:31 AM
Thanks, I didn't know that ��

starship412
11-03-16, 10:38 AM
Can you breed a champion dragon? I noticed in the last battle event where we had 48 battles to go through that a champion was the dragon to use to beat a lot of those battles easier. Thank you.

The only champion you could breed at the moment is Valiant (Diamond/Champ)

ksbmommy
11-03-16, 01:19 PM
FAIL! Trying for a Prism and just breed an Angel.........

I don't need ANOTHER Angel, I want the Prism! I already have 3 golds from trying to breed hybrids - please, please, please give me the hybrid I want, lol! Ok, temper tantrum over. I actually have a good place to put her, she'll look pretty.

roguebee
11-03-16, 03:08 PM
I have been trying to breed the Crown Jewel dragon, no luck yet, but have managed to get two Crown Princes.

starship412
11-27-16, 12:48 AM
Got my first Unicorn and my 2nd most wanted dragon, Dark Angel (Black Swan continues to be elusive)today alone. I guess my purchase of the Diamond Temple yesterday actually worked. I also bred my 3rd Angel too. Here's to getting either Black Diamond, Helios, Valiant, Achilles or Rainbow Prism in the 5 days I have left.

ToshiNoMiya
11-28-16, 12:56 PM
Not a theory, just FYI in case anyone is interested, with Diamond Temple on, when required to breed with a Fuzzy dragon for the current event, by whim I choose Forgefather to breed with and it gave me 44 hours as breeding time.

Gaillock
12-10-16, 01:06 PM
Help, please! I've been trying for so long to breed a moon dragon. One, I think it's so cute, and two, I want to use it to quest for comet half. I have tried black and white a lot, either with night, lotus or onyx and light. Has anyone bred one that can tell me which dragons they were successful with? Thank you. :confused:

Edited: I got my moon dragon long ago. ��

Gaillock
12-10-16, 02:38 PM
FAIL! Trying for a Prism and just breed an Angel.........

I don't need ANOTHER Angel, I want the Prism! I already have 3 golds from trying to breed hybrids - please, please, please give me the hybrid I want, lol! Ok, temper tantrum over. I actually have a good place to put her, she'll look pretty.

Oh, I feel for you! lol! How did you manage to breed all the angels & gold? What did you use, please? Lucky you, I can't even get 1 of each. ��

starship412
12-12-16, 10:07 PM
I'll tell you how I got my Angels (4 total) and Golds (2 total). They were all fails trying for Dark Angel and Black Diamond.
Angel 1: Diamond/Siamese
Angel 2: Diamond/Lord of Light
Angel 3: Diamond/Ghost Armor
Angel 4: Infinity/Archangel
Gold 1: Diamond/Shadow
Gold 2: Diamond/Shadow

pernmagic
12-15-16, 03:43 AM
Just bred an Eclipse , super Rare ....... New one to me at last :)

pernmagic
12-15-16, 03:45 AM
Help, please! I've been trying for so long to breed a moon dragon. One, I think it's so cute, and two, I want to use it to quest for comet half. I have tried black and white a lot, either with night, lotus or onyx and light. Has anyone bred one that can tell me which dragons they were successful with? Thank you. :confused:
Your using the right different combos but they don't come along very often so just keep trying. Good luck :)

starship412
12-17-16, 09:19 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you S8! Finally bred the dragon I've been waiting the last year and a half for - Black Swan. Yeah, I know it may be ugly to a lot of people but I heard it kicks butt in the battle arena and is good as a breeding parent to get new dragons. The winning parent combo was Virtue and Dark Angel. Yay!

New Dragon Wishlist:
Black Diamond
Prism
Crown Jewel
Twilight
Lacewing
Prime Void
Melody
Ballet
Sugar Plum
Emberglow
Night Elf
Valiant
Achillies
Quasar

Gaillock
12-18-16, 12:57 AM
Your using the right different combos but they don't come along very often so just keep trying. Good luck :)

Thank you. I'll keep trying.

zaaracake
12-20-16, 02:35 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you S8! Finally bred the dragon I've been waiting the last year and a half for - Black Swan. Yeah, I know it may be ugly to a lot of people but I heard it kicks butt in the battle arena and is good as a breeding parent to get new dragons. The winning parent combo was Virtue and Dark Angel. Yay!

New Dragon Wishlist:
Black Diamond
Prism
Crown Jewel
Twilight
Lacewing
Prime Void
Melody
Ballet
Sugar Plum
Emberglow
Night Elf
Valiant
Achillies
Quasar

Just found this thread. Oh wow! A dragon wishlist. Very cool idea. Must there be only breedable dragons on this list?
I'm currently trying for Elder and Lorekeeper cuz (for me) they have this awesome Auld Lang Syne vibe and it'd be totally great to hatch them around New Year's.
I don't know which dragons are the good battlers and useful for breeding :-/ so I'm just trying for the ones I like.
So far I'm on my fourth fuzzy fail with Dawntree+Light. At least they're short fails.
The only other dragons on my wishlist are The Dark One and Frostwolf.

I'm recently noticing some dragons with a sort of whizzy orb-y thing on top of their heads...they're mesmerising. Does that mean the dragon has won a lot of battles or something? Levelled up somehow as a fighter?
Lately, I'm loving the amt of info on these threads and peeling away all the layers of the game to see exactly how much I've missed. Encyclopaedias worth. I hope I catch up with everyone someday. Su!ks being the worst at battles and stuff.

MsMelanieMonster
03-07-17, 09:47 PM
Just bred a Gold dragon using Macaw and Diamond for the bingo challenge. Macaw & Diamond offers a good list for diamond hybrid possibilities! I'm going to try out some more and see what happens.

jackylina29
03-08-17, 05:32 PM
I just bred a pink and green and got a 27hour timer when I tried looking it up the 27hour dragons I saw didn't seem to fit the colors....anyone have any ideas what it could be?

JustKay
03-08-17, 08:51 PM
The only other dragons on my wishlist are The Dark One and Frostwolf.

I'm recently noticing some dragons with a sort of whizzy orb-y thing on top of their heads...they're mesmerising. Does that mean the dragon has won a lot of battles or something? Levelled up somehow as a fighter?
Lately, I'm loving the amt of info on these threads and peeling away all the layers of the game to see exactly how much I've missed. Encyclopaedias worth. I hope I catch up with everyone someday. Su!ks being the worst at battles and stuff.

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't believe The Dark One is breedable. It looks like a badass dragon, but it was part of a special event where you could earn Corrupted Crystals from winning against special corrupted tournament dragons. No new parts are being awarded and the dragon is no longer craftable.

The whizzy orb thing? Some dragons have this as part of their animation. It's nothing particularly special about the dragon's achievements. They just come standard with that dragon's design. Some prime dragons have things hovering above their heads, but not fully animated.

tantyc73
07-09-17, 11:19 PM
I just bred a pink and green and got a 27hour timer when I tried looking it up the 27hour dragons I saw didn't seem to fit the colors....anyone have any ideas what it could be?

It could be a Pegasus if the pink element split into red/white

Bastiaan0
07-10-17, 09:00 AM
Just bred a Gold dragon using Macaw and Diamond for the bingo challenge. Macaw & Diamond offers a good list for diamond hybrid possibilities! I'm going to try out some more and see what happens.

That is exactly why I've been breeding Diamond Prism and Neon for a while... More than 150 possible outcomes, including Diamond and 13 Diamond hybrids, 14 if both dragons are level 15 :D

It could be a Pegasus if the pink element split into red/white

Must be Elder (green/white), Pegasus is 26 hours ;)

amerirish
07-10-17, 11:48 AM
Why isn't Castle a possible outcome of Anubis & Royal? Shouldn't the Diamond aspect be a stand in for the Light factor?

FireballFarm
07-10-17, 02:10 PM
Why isn't Castle a possible outcome of Anubis & Royal? Shouldn't the Diamond aspect be a stand in for the Light factor?

There is no light-type in Castle, it's a pure Royal type with blue as a hidden color. Maybe you are thinking Chess (royal/light)?

Breeding with a pure diamond-type (Diamond and Infinity Dragons) has different rules than breeding with a diamond hybrid. If you breed Diamond/Infinity X Royal, it can produce any of the pure royal-types, including those with hidden colors.

But, using a diamond-hybrid, like Anubis or Angel, ****s that 'pure type' effect and will only add the diamond-type as a regular color/type to the outcome pool.

So, with Anubis X Royal, you can get the purple/yellows, a Gold (diamond/yellow), another Anubis (diamond/purple), Crown Jewel (royal/diamond), or Jester (royal/hidden purple). Notice, there is no pure Royal Dragon possible- the hybrid behavior of the Anubis ****ed that possibility. The diamond-type contributed by the hybrid Anubis parent is acting like a regular color/type.
(The Anubis' hybrid behavior also ****ed the chances of getting a "pure" Castle Dragon. But, the Castle has a hidden color: blue. Using a Mercury (diamond/blue) instead of Anubis would allow for the possibility of a Castle since Mercury would add the hidden blue-type.)

The results are different if you use a pure diamond instead of a diamond hybrid:
Diamond/Infinity X Royal can produce a Royal Dragon (pure royal-type), both the Castle and Jester (pure royal-types with hidden colors), plus Peacock and Magic (pure purple), Air (pure yellow), plus the yellow/purples, Anubis, Gold, and Crown Jewel. The pure diamond parent here is acting like the super-breeder we know and love.

To breed a Chess, you'd need to add the light-type into the combo. Angel (white/diamond) X Royal (purple/yellow/royal) could produce a Chess Dragon, or any combo of Royal type X Light type.

For a Castle, you'd need to breed Diamond/Infinty X Royal, or Royal X Royal, or Royal type X Blue type.

The diamond-type doesn't stand in for other colors. Otherwise, every breedable dragon would be a possible outcome for every pairing that includes a diamond hybrid. If diamond could sub for light in one pairing, why wouldn't it also simultaneously sub in for red, black, pink, etc? Or sub in for light-type in every single pairing? The diamond-type is more of a color amplifier than a than a substitute.
The only time diamond creates colors/types out of thin air is when you breed two pure diamond-types (Diamond X Infinity, or Diamond X Diamond, or Infinity X Infinity). That can result in any pure-type dragon in the game.

amerirish
07-10-17, 07:12 PM
FireballFarm: yes, I did mean Chess, not Castle - my bad

Also, thanks so much for the very informative post! I have never been able to keep the color rules straight so this makes it so much clearer. Pure types and 'hidden' elements are kind of over my head :) Thanks for the reply :D

Sugarcat5
09-13-17, 07:07 PM
Hello...can anyone please tell me a good combo for kitsune? Thank you!

cat_chick10
11-12-17, 01:06 PM

I just got one last night with Light and Night! I was so surpised when I saw the 31 hours :) And I'm super excited about it because now I can do the quest to get the Comet dragon :)

tinkyw1nky
11-12-17, 01:20 PM
For those who are trying to get magic/diamond or water/diamond hybrids...try using diamond + Hercules or diamond + Hermes. The fails are much shorter in duration compared to diamond + magic or diamond + water. For example, using diamond + Hercules, the common fails are Hercules (6 hours) and Olympus (7 hours) vs 12 hour water dragon with diamond + water. The rare fail with this combo is Nyx which is only 10 hours and can be traded for 2 water gems + mystery item. Plus you get the bonus chance of getting Achilles :)

besomiculoelsa
07-28-18, 08:34 PM
I'm trying to breed black diamond. Any suggestions?

belsaja
08-06-18, 11:50 AM
Can anyone tell me how to breed a birthstone dragon?

manda587
08-06-18, 03:15 PM
For birthstone you have to breed yellow + gemstone. It’s a 12hr

cosmolife
02-01-19, 06:26 PM
How to breed a black dragon please? Need it to breed for the current event dragon. Ty

Athabasca55
10-29-19, 11:01 AM
That is exactly why I've been breeding Diamond Prism and Neon for a while... More than 150 possible outcomes, including Diamond and 13 Diamond hybrids, 14 if both dragons are level 15 :D

Must be Elder (green/white), Pegasus is 26 hours ;)

This was the best suggestion. I have been breeding Diamond Prism and Neon since I saw your post. So far I have gotten Caesar, Plum Blossom, Lunar Rainbow, Chameleon, Summer Elf.

I especially like the rainbow types you can get from this combo.

shortdanzr
05-23-20, 07:33 PM
so i put 2 diamonds in my roost. i didnt look at the timer. but right now it says 35 hours. i put it in approx 2 hours ago. what did i breed?

Gaillock
05-14-21, 04:08 PM
Anyone have luck breeding a Quetzal dragon with any combo besides Diamond & Forest?

nhhgenesis538
05-14-21, 10:53 PM
Anyone have luck breeding a Quetzal dragon with any combo besides Diamond & Forest?

Thats the best combo, Gaillock.
Why dont you make a slight change .

lvl 15 Diamond and lvl 15 Forest.
or
lvl 4 Neo Diamond and lvl 4 Neo forest

Good luck.

Gaillock
05-19-21, 02:42 PM
May be a dumb question but If a dragon is listed as unbreedable does that just mean you can't get that dragon by breeding or also means not to use it as 1 of the dragons in a breeding combo? Thanks!

Paul__
05-19-21, 05:08 PM
May be a dumb question but If a dragon is listed as unbreedable does that just mean you can't get that dragon by breeding or also means not to use it as 1 of the dragons in a breeding combo? Thanks!

Hi Gaillock,
If the dragon states “*Not Found Through Breeding*” in it’s description, you cannot get the dragon by breeding. These dragons can however be used to breed with other dragons as long as they have been evolved at least once. You can usually get unbreedable dragons from the market, events, limited time offers, or the codex. Hope this helps!

Gaillock
05-20-21, 04:46 PM
Thanks Paul.

AinoDK
05-21-21, 04:11 PM
Thunderstorm which is currently on sale is that breedable?
In the market it doesn't have the "Not found through breeding" note, but in the Codex it is marked as "Not breedable"

skyharbor602
05-21-21, 10:42 PM
Thunderstorm which is currently on sale is that breedable?
In the market it doesn't have the "Not found through breeding" note, but in the Codex it is marked as "Not breedable"

It's not breedable.

AinoDK
05-22-21, 12:16 AM
It's not breedable.

Thanks for fast answer, even though it wasn't the one I had hoped for

skyharbor602
05-23-21, 09:07 AM
Thanks for fast answer, even though it wasn't the one I had hoped for

I learned the hard way trying to breed this over 4 days and finding out it wasn't breedable. Had to buy it from the market (this was before the Codex was created).

Gaillock
06-14-21, 06:27 AM
Thats the best combo, Gaillock.
Why dont you make a slight change .

lvl 15 Diamond and lvl 15 Forest.
or
lvl 4 Neo Diamond and lvl 4 Neo forest

Good luck.

ended up getting one through Essex. I had been saving for awhile & finally reached 1600. Yay!

Gaillock
06-18-21, 05:35 AM
How do you add a photo of an egg? It has a 40 hour timer but it doesn't look like either of the two shown on the chart. It has oval ******s going around egg in yellow, orange, red, purple & green with a blue emblem on face. Anyone know what this is? I don't want to use 40 gold to find out. Thanks!

amerirish
06-18-21, 11:07 AM
How do you add a photo of an egg? It has a 40 hour timer but it doesn't look like either of the two shown on the chart. It has oval ******s going around egg in yellow, orange, red, purple & green with a blue emblem on face. Anyone know what this is? I don't want to use 40 gold to find out. Thanks!

If it's this, then it's an Infinity:

Gaillock
07-01-21, 07:41 AM
I just had to share how I got my third Diamond. I was breeding a Birthstone for Bingo & on a whim I chose my Frozen (black & blue) dragon. I was surprised to see a breeding time of 44 hours! Worth a try for anyone trying for a Diamond. Good Luck!

Gaillock
07-05-21, 08:26 AM
If it's this, then it's an Infinity:

Yes it was! So excited. Thanks!

Paul__
07-05-21, 09:36 PM
Yes it was! So excited. Thanks!

Congratulations! :D

mymonta
07-06-21, 11:33 AM
How do we breed the new beast type dragons? What do I need to pair with pink to get a Siren dragon?

northernlight412
02-09-23, 01:31 PM
As a joke, I put a Smitten and Violight and got a strange 23 hour timer. Looked it up and I got Neo Bride. I thought "NL412, I thought Neo Bride was expired." Looked at the game and it was on sale. First time I got a new dragon that's not a common in about 2 years - nice!