PDA

View Full Version : Gems from Adventures

doodledoo20000
09-22-16, 06:46 AM
I took a break from doing adventures because I wanted to max out my food. When I started doing the adventures again I got no gems several times in a row. I happened to be out of the county at the time so I thought maybe that had something to do with it and I stopped. A few weeks passed and I tried again, still no gems. I think I have probably done 10 in a row with no gems (all Desert Sands where I used to normally get 3-5 gems every time). Am I extremely unlucky or have things changed? I don't want to waste all the resources for only a few energies if gems are now a no or very rare drop...

netwiz3
09-22-16, 07:01 AM
I took a break from doing adventures because I wanted to max out my food. When I started doing the adventures again I got no gems several times in a row. I happened to be out of the county at the time so I thought maybe that had something to do with it and I stopped. A few weeks passed and I tried again, still no gems. I think I have probably done 10 in a row with no gems (all Desert Sands where I used to normally get 3-5 gems every time). Am I extremely unlucky or have things changed? I don't want to waste all the resources for only a few energies if gems are now a no or very rare drop...

Seems like really bad luck! I haven't done Desert Sands in last day or so but still got gems at last try... Also got Gems on Feral Lands Adventure today. Maybe do something to change your luck. ;-)

MoonVillage3
09-22-16, 09:25 AM

Just a change of luck.. I got gems from both Castle and Barracks collection... usually they're there.

netwiz3
09-22-16, 09:45 AM

One other piece of information on this... On adventures and most collections that drop multiple items, it seems like there are "categories" of drops from common to rare to VERY rare. If you pay attention to your collections you'll soon figure out things that drop every/almost every time in some quantity and then there are also the rarer things that drop a lot less frequently. For adventures usually you get items from at least 2 of these categories every time(if you aren't maxed on them)

So for the Desert Sands adventure you may be getting Magic Cement, Ornate Block/Beam, Golden Apple/Egg, trade ticket or even a Burning Ember from the Rare/Very Rare category in addition to the common drops.

IMHO some of thse other rare/very rare items are MUCH more valuable than 3-5 gems. :)

doodledoo20000
09-23-16, 06:25 PM
Just got 3 gems--so strange since I counted ten adventures in a row with none (and I can only remember rarely not getting gems in all the years I've played. I guess it's the luck of the forum! I agree that the rare/very rare items are more valuable than gems, but I'm maxed on everything the adventures drop (those things they you can use, and I have about 18 carriages, etc. for items that are fun to have but don't need), so it is very disheartening to do an adventure and only get 5 energy! : ) Although, yes, it would be nice to get a few more burning embers which is why I usually do the desert sands one... Thanks to all of you for the help!