PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story : 9/22 Update - X Marks the Spot

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SpiritWind00
09-21-16, 08:36 PM
X Marks the Spot!
Timed / Optional Event
Time zone converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com): compare where you are with California
I want to especially thank BarfDump, federerGOAT, netwiz3, kattkrazie for recording the information in my absence.

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.5.3 on iOS, Level 15/17+, and will be available to start beginning x/x. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on x/x.==]

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Events Work in the thread called How To Use The Hub. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1190378&viewfull=1#post1190378)

Tips from players (and me!)
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94344-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-X-Marks-the-Spot&p=1347770&viewfull=1#post1347770)

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been fairly inactive recently @__@ Wanted to pop in and let you all know we received your feedback and have investigated the tuning for the final few days of this event.

We'd thought that a particular setup would bypass the 20 limit on virals, however we've now confirmed that this is not the case. Because of that, we're halving the Deckhands requirements for both level buckets.
I cross-checked the calculations some of you have posted against the tuning sheet for this event. While I can't post the specific actuals, I can confirm that the average droprate for Crumbs is a bit higher than one per adventure (though it's certainly possible to only ever get one on every adventure), and that the Parrot Feeder drops a minimum of 3 Parrot Food per collect, with a possibility for 4 or 6. (Day 9 and Day 10 are difficult to complete without spending gems to be sure, but once the Deckhands fix goes out it should not be impossible.)

I'll update again when I receive confirmation that the Deckhands tasks have been updated!

Thanks,
sourp4tch

I've just received confirmation that this fix has been pushed live. Thank you everyone for your feedback! We'll continue to monitor things from here :)

Pirate Tavern (limited timed event goal, level 15/17+) (2x2) limited to Town building cap Can be sold
This item was only available during the event it was released.
Info: A Town Building. Collect from it to earn Coins. Note: you may need to sell a town building, like a cottage or farmhouse to purchase the Pirate Tavern.
Collection time: 4 hours
Cost: 3200 coin
Speed up: 4 gems
Drops: coins
Level 1/Build: 2 wooden beam, 2 stone block, 6 corn, 2 simple glue | 440 coin / 4 hours
Level 2: 3 simple glue, 4 bone, 2 fancy block, 2 fancy beam | 484 coin / 4 hours
Level 3: 3 simple glue, 10 jewels, 1 royal block, 1 royal beam | +528 coin / 4 hours
Note: you only need to level up the pirates tavern to level 3 for the event. The other levels are optional and can be done at any time in the future.
Level 4: 2 super glue, 20 silver ore, 2 royal block, 2 royal beam | 572 coin / 4 hours
Level 5: 2 super glue, 6 grits, 2 enchanted beam, 2 enchanted block | 616 coin / 4 hours
Level 6: 4 super glue, 10 hearty stew, 2 spellbound block, 2 spellbound beam

Parrot
Info: A pirate's best friend! Has a chance of dropping Golden Eggs, Jewels, Bread and Piles of seeds.
Found: 1x1 Prize for completing X Marks the Spot event September 2016
Drops: Bread, Golden Eggs, Jewels and Piles of seeds
Collection time: 22 hours, cannot be sold
Speed up: 88 gems
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94344-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-X-Marks-the-Spot)

Follow the Treasure Map
Adventure Requirement: 1 Longsword, 2 Grits (Grits - 30 minutes - 4 corn, 2 water, 4 bacon)
Drops: Box/crate drops: dragons hoard, gold path | Castle drops: golden nugget, jewel, treasure hunter kitty
Notes of goal:

Chapter 1: Rumor has it that many years ago a fearsome pirate buried treasure in the Kingdom! See what you can find out about this as soon as possible!

Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas 0/1 GO (skip 3 gems) |Reward: 1 Map Fragment
Goal 2 Visit the Library 0/1 GP (skip 14 gems)
Goal 3 Give the Baron the Map Fragments 0/2 GIVE (skip 2 gems) | Keep collecting from Libraries, any level. | Goal Prize: Treasure Map

Chapter 2: I hear that Old Thomas found some Map Fragments at the Library. Word around the Kingdom is he also found some old pirate tales. go have a listen and brush up! You will need to know as much as you can before we hit the high seas!

Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Listen to the Tales at the Tavern 0/1 LISTEN (skip 7 gems) | Goal prize - Old Compass
Goal 2 Repair the Old Compass 0/1 REPAIR (skip 30 gems) | Workshop, 3 hours - 1 old compass, 20 silver, 20 living wood. Speed up is 4 gems. Goal prize - Cartographers Desk
Goal 3 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems) | Go on the adventure. | Goal Prize - Piracy Guide

Chapter 3: Before we find my treasure, we will need to fit in with our sea faring comrades. Perhaps we can fly our own pirate flag to fit in?

Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Give Hearty Stew to the Crew 0/1 GIVE (skip 30 gems) | Goal prize - 1 black cloth
Goal 2 Buy a Swabbie's Workbench 0/1 BUY | Costs 500 coins - comes fully built | Goal prize - pirate flag
Goal 3 Craft a Pirate Flag 0/1 CRAFT (skip 60 gems) | Swabbie's Workbench, 3 hours - 1 black cloth, 2 bones, 2 living wood
Goal 4 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 | Go on the adventure again

Chapter 4: You shall not be boarding this ship without the proper protection! We cannot risk anything happening to my precious treasure. Take a look around the Kingdom, see if you can find a sword fit for a pirate.

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Visit a level 5 farmhouse 0/2 GO (skip 60 gems) | Look for a sword (just collect)
Goal 2 Visit a level 5 jeweler 0/2 GO (skip 80 gems) | Look for a sword
Goal 3 Visit a level 2 pirate tavern 0/1 GO (skip 150 gems) | Goal reward - Corsair's Cutlass
Note: A level 6 farmhouses and level 5 pirate tavern counts

Chapter 5: From now on I shall be known as Captain Baron, fierce ruler of the seas. Now -- let us face what lies ahead!

Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Collect from Cottages 0/8 GO (skip 30 gems) | Goal prize - sharpening stone
Goal 2 Sharpen the Corsair's Cutlass 0/1 GO (skip 25 gems) | Swabbie's Workbench, 3 hours - 1 sharpening stone, 1 Corsair's cutlass, 10 silver | Goal prize - fool's chest
Goal 3 Slay Shipwreck Trolls 0/6 | ONLY found in ponds. Goal prize - Tell No Tales

Chapter 6: These Shipwrecked Trolls are after my treasure! We had better hurry and keep following this treasure map. My previous gold is waiting for me!

Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas 0/1 GO (skip 3 gems)
Goal 2 Visit a Level 5 Conservatory 0/2 GO (skip 70 gems)
Goal 3 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems) | Go on the adventure again.

Chapter 7: The life of a captain is a difficult one, I had better rest my feet before we continue.

Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Slay shipwreck trolls 0/6 GO (skip 80 gems) | Goal prize - Tri-Cornered Hat
Goal 2 Visit a level 3 pirate tavern 0/2 GO (skip 200 gems) | Note: a pirate tavern level 3 and above will work | Goal prize - sailor's trench coat
Goal 3 Craft a Pirate's Wardrobe 0/1 CRAFT (skip 60 gems) | Swabbie's Workbench, 4 hours - 1 tri-cornered hat, 1 sailor's trenchcoat, 5 bones

Chapter 8: Baron: There will be lots of treasures that needs to be carried back. As you may know, a captain never carries his own booty. Now go find help! chop Chop!

Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Visit community kingdoms 0/20 0/20 VISIT (skip 200 gems)
Goal 2 Ask neighbors for deckhands 0/20 (under level 40 is 0/10) ASK (skip 200 gems) | Goal prize - ship plans
Goal 3 Build a Pirate Ship 0/1 BUILD (skip 100 gems) | Swabbie's Workbench, 8 hours - 1 ship plan, 1 super glue, 50 wood. Footprint is 2x3, speed up is 32 gems.

Chapter 9: This is not treasure! What are these blasted food particles? Do you hear that in the distance? It sounds like squawking.

Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems) | Go on the adventure again. Goal prize - 1 crumb
Goal 2 Inspect the Crumbs 0/5 GIVE (skip 20 gems) | Adventure to find crumbs. Will require 4 more adventures as each dropped only 1 crumb. (possible rare 3 drop as well) Goal prize - a Cracker. Note: make sure you click on GIVE. Each crumb is worth 4 gems, so if you give away the one you got as a prize, you can skip the rest of the goal for 16 gems.
Goal 3 Combine the clues 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems)| Swabbie's Workbench, 10 hours - 1 piracy guide, 1 treasure map, 1 cracker. (speed up is 40 gems) Goal prize - The Spot

Chapter 10: I have heard tales of pirates with their feathery companions. Not really my style, but it must mean we are close! Now let us find that bird.

Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Examine "The Spot" 0/1 EXAMINE | Goal prize - parrot food
Goal 2 Buy a parrot feeder. 0/1 BUY Costs 500 coins. | It drops 3, 4 or 6 seeds each time..
Goal 3 Give parrot food 0/25 GIVE (skip 150 gems) | Collect from parrot feeder. 2 hr. timer. Be sure to click on 'give' in the book as you collect.
Goal 4 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems) | Go on the adventure again. GRAND PRIZE: THE PARROT

Other Inventory Items:
Map Fragment
Info: A piece of a pirate's treasure map!
Found: 1 reward from goal; Library
Uses:

Treasure Map
Info: A map guiding the way to a pirate's treasure.
Found: 1 reward from goal;
Uses: Item in crafting the Parrot

Corsair's Cutlass
Found: reward from Chapter 4 goal 3
Uses: decoration
Requirements:
Collection time:

Cartographers Desk
Info: A desk where pirates can map out their sea travels.
Found: reward from goal in X Marks the Spot event September 2016
Uses: 1x1 decoration

Piracy Guide
Info: A guide every pirate needs to sail the seas.
Found: reward from Chapter 2, goal 3.
Uses: Item in crafting the Parrot

Black Cloth
Info: A ragged cloth used to make Pirate Flags.
Found: reward from Chapter 3, goal 1.
Uses: item in crafting the pirate flag

Pirate Flag
Info: A flag flown by treasure hunting pirates.
Found: unlocked in Chapter 3, goal 2.
Uses: item in crafting the pirate flag

Parrot Feeder
Info: A feeder full of delicious Parrot Food!
Crafted:
Found: market 500 coin (expired, event item only)
Drops: Parrot food (decoration only post event)
Collection time: 2 hours

Sharpening Stone
Info: A stone used to sharpen even the dullest of blades.

Swabbie's Workbench limit of 1 Cannot be sold
CRAFTING BUILDING
This building was only available during the event it was released.
Info: A crafting building to make pirate necessities.
Cost: 500 coins - comes fully built. From X Marks The Spot event, September 2016.
Size: 2x2
What can you craft?
Pirate flag - 3 hours - 1 black cloth, 2 bones, 2 living wood
Corsair's Cutlass - 3 hours - 1 sharpening stone, 1 Corsair's cutlass, 10 silver
Pirate's Wardrobe - 4 hours - 1 tri-cornered hat, 1 sailor's trenchcoat, 5 bones
Combine the Clues - 10 hours - 1 piracy guide, 1 treasure map, 1 cracker

coolssp
09-22-16, 12:47 PM
There's a new time sensitive goal :)

First step is to visit Thomas's house and then collect some map fragments from Library. That's all I know. The end prize is a parrot

you only need to level up the pirates tavern to level 3.

Pirate tavern upgrade requirements-
level 2 needs 4 bone, 3 simple glue, 2 ea. fancy block and beam
Level 3 needs 10 jewels, 1 ea royal block/beam, 3 simple glue.
level 4 needs 2 ea royal block/beam, 20 silver ore, 2 super glue.
Level 5 needs 2 ea enchanted beam/block, 6 grits, 2 super glue.
Level 6 needs 2 ea spellbound block/beam, 10 hearty stew, 4 super glue. - Note: Do not need to upgrade to Level 6 for this event!!!

Chapter 1
goal 1 visit Old thomas
goal 2 visit library
goal 3 find more map fragments at libraries [skip 2 gems!]
day 1 prize: treasure map

Chapter 2
Goal 1 - listen to the tales at the tavern. (Yo ho ho)
(0/1). Click "listen".
Goal prize - old compass
Goal 2 - repair the old compass
In workshop - requires 1 old compass, 20 silver, 20 living wood. Takes 3 hours.
Goal prize - cartographers desk
Goal 3 - follow the treasure map (0/1)
This is an adventure but I can't go until current one returns.

Chapter 3:
Goal 1 - Give hearty stew to the crew (0/1)
Goal prize is 1 black cloth.
Goal 2 - Buy a swabbie's workbench. (0/1)
(A pirate's life for us). Costs 500 coins - comes fully built.
Goal prize - pirate flag
Goal 3 - Craft a pirate flag. (0/1)
(Make this at the swabbie's workbench)
Requires 1 black cloth, 2 bones, 2 living wood. Takes 3 hrs.
Goal 4 - Follow the Treasure Map. (0/1)
Go on adventure again.

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 - Visit a level 5 farmhouse (0/2) Look for a sword
Goal 2- Visit a level 5 jeweler (0/2) Look for a sword
Goal 3 - Visit a level 2 pirate tavern (0/1) Maybe in here (It is in here)
Goal reward is a Corsair's Cutlass
(Note: My level 6 farmhouses and level 5 pirate tavern DID count.)

Chapter 5:
Goal 1 - Collect from cottages (0/8) Where did I leave that sharpening stone?)
Goal prize - sharpening stone
Goal 2 - Sharpen the Corsair's Cutlass (0/1)
Requires 1 sharpening stone, 1 Corsair's cutlass, 10 silver. Takes 3 hrs.
Goal prize - fool's chest
Goal 3 - Slay Shipwreck Trolls (0/6)
These are found in ponds. Do not try the wells. I got a direboar from them. Not helpful.
Goal prize - Tell No Tales

Adventure requirements - 1 long sword, 2 grits
drops - coins, gold path, gold nugget, dragons hoard, treasure hunter kitty, jewels

Level 6 needs 2 ea spellbound block/beam, 10 hearty stew, 4 super glue.

Chapter 6:

Goal 1 - Visit Old Thomas (0/1)
Goal 2 - Visit level 5 conservatory (0/2)
Goal 3 - Follow the treasure map (0/1)
(Adventure)

Chapter 7:

Goal 1 - Slay shipwreck trolls (0/6) Found in ponds. Mermaid pond also works.

Goal prize - tri-cornered hat.

Goal 2 - Visit a level 3 pirate tavern. (0/2). (My level 5 worked)

Goal prize - sailor's trench coat

Goal 3 - Craft a pirate's wardrobe. (0/1)
Requires 1 tri-cornered hat, 1 sailor's trenchcoat, 5 bones. Takes 4 hrs.

Chapter 8:

Goal 1 - Visit community kingdoms (0/20)
Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for deckhands (0/40)
Goal prize is ship plans.
Goal 3 - Build a pirate ship.
Requires 1 ship plan, 1 super glue, 50 wood. Takes 8 hrs. Footprint is 2x3.

Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Follow the treasure map (0/1) Drops 1 crumb.
Goal 2 - Inspect the crumbs (0/5)
Adventure to find crumbs. Will require 4 more adventures as each dropped only 1 crumb.
Goal prize - a cracker.
Goal 3 - Combine the clues (What is it?) (0/1)
This is in swabbie's workbench. Requires 1 piracy guide, 1 treasure map, 1 cracker. Takes 10 hrs.

Goal prize - The Spot

I may have glossed over this earlier, but I received the piracy guide from the adventure many chapters ago.

Chapter 10:

Goal 1 - Examine "The Spot". (Just click 'examine')
Goal prize - parrot food.
Goal 2 - Buy a parrot feeder. Costs 500 coins.
Goal 3 - Give parrot food. (0/25). Collect from parrot feeder. 2 hr. timer.
Be sure to click on 'give' in the book as you collect.
Goal 4 - Follow the treasure map. (0/1)

Prize - Parrot.

Has a 22 hr. timer. He is animated and very cute!

Good luck, everyone.

PrincessCupOButter
09-22-16, 01:08 PM
Post one is now updated. Thank you rynetory2!

netwiz3
09-22-16, 01:11 PM
Adding all the great info Katt and others have Supplied until a Mod comes around:(Updated days 8-10)

Chapter 1
goal 1 visit Old thomas
goal 2 visit library

Chapter 2
(0/1). Click "listen".
Goal prize - old compass

Goal Prize - Piracy Guide

Chapter 3:
Goal prize - pirate flag
Go on adventure again.

Chapter 4:

Chapter 5:
These are found in ponds. Do not try the wells. I got a direboar from them. Not helpful.

Chapter 6:

(Adventure)

Chapter 7:

Chapter 8:

Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for deckhands (0/20)

Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Follow the treasure map (0/1) Drops 1-4 crumb.
Adventure to find crumbs(1-4 crumbs). May require 4 more adventures if each dropped only 1 crumb.
Goal prize - a cracker.
This is in swabbie's workbench. Requires 1 piracy guide, 1 treasure map, 1 cracker. Takes 10 hrs.

Goal prize - The Spot

Chapter 10:

Goal 3 - Give parrot food. (0/25). Collect from parrot feeder(3,4, or 6 feed dropped). 2 hr. timer.

Prize - Parrot.

drops - coins, gold path, gold nugget, dragons hoard, treasure hunter kitty, jewels

Level 6 needs 2 ea spellbound block/beam, 10 hearty stew, 4 super glue. - Note: Do not need to upgrade to Level 6 for this event!!!

Zirilka
09-22-16, 01:19 PM
The pirate tavern requires 2 wood beam, 2 stone blocks, 2 simple glue and 6 corn. It looks very pretty.

Zirilka
09-22-16, 01:24 PM
I guess I need to stock up on simple feats oh no...

jbfps116
09-22-16, 01:26 PM
goal 1 visit Old thomas
goal 2 visit library

netwiz3
09-22-16, 01:27 PM
There's also a new craft coming that's in the Workshop that's currently Locked by goal... Black Cloth - Needs 10 of something I can't read(I have 99) and 5 Cow Hides with a 30 minute timer.

jbfps116
09-22-16, 01:28 PM
if game says you're at your limit when you buy the pirate tavern sell a farmhouse etc to make room

zoroak
09-22-16, 01:29 PM
New adventure also

Follow the treasure map
Keep only
3 hours
1 longsword
2 simple feast

9 gems speed up

It's 2 grits I think, not simple feasts.

bwunderbach
09-22-16, 01:30 PM
It's 2 grits I think, not simple feasts.

Yep, grits it is.

ktorewqas
09-22-16, 01:30 PM

New adventure also

Follow the treasure map
Keep only
3 hours
1 longsword
2 simple feast

9 gems speed up
It's grits, not simple feast :)

Zirilka
09-22-16, 01:32 PM
Grits! I'm stocked up on grits.

jbfps116
pirate tavern level 1 : 440 Coins per 4 hours

level 2 needs 4 bone, 3 simple glue, 2 ea. fancy block and beam [gives 484 CP4H]

Level 3 needs 10 jewels, 1 ea royal block/beam, 3 simple glue. gives 528 CP4H

level 4 needs 2 ea royal block/beam, 20 silver ore, 2 super glue. gives 572 CP4H

Level 5 needs 2 ea enchanted beam/block, 6 grits, 2 super glue. gives 616 CP4H

Level 6 needs 2 ea spellbound block/beam, 10 hearty stew, 4 super glue. gives 660? CP4H

GiselleX16
I show one longsword and two grits for Follow the Treasure Map. I'll give it a try since I have plenty of both at the moment.

netwiz3
09-22-16, 01:38 PM
Can anybody read the first ingredient to making the black cloth in your Workshop? I tried sorting my inventory by quantity of items but still couldn't see which of my 99 qty items it was.(I'm guessing blue or purple dye).

peachtreeshoppe
09-22-16, 01:40 PM

level 2 needs 4 bone, 3 simple glue, 2 ea. fancy block and beam [gives 484 CP4H]

level 4 needs 2 ea royal block/beam, 20 silver ore, 2 super glue. gives 572 CP4H

Level 6 needs 2 ea spellbound block/beam, 10 hearty stew, 4 super glue. gives 660? CP4H
Wow, that is very doable. Oh. Except spellbound. Eek!

aiyoosha
09-22-16, 01:40 PM

so well need all these things ? man thats gonna take forever for me

peachtreeshoppe
09-22-16, 01:42 PM
so well need all these things ? man thats gonna take forever for me

Do you craft between goals? Helps to shoot for 5 of each item then more as you can.

PrincessCupOButter
Can anybody read the first ingredient to making the black cloth in your Workshop? I tried sorting my inventory by quantity of items but still couldn't see which of my 99 qty items it was.(I'm guessing blue or purple dye).

I took a screenshot and zoomed in.... based on the tiny bit I can see above the lock, I'm guessing coal.

tonyjosiah
Wow! We beat the mods in posting about a new goal. That's strange and exciting at the same time.

aiyoosha
09-22-16, 01:43 PM
Do you craft between goals? Helps to shoot for 5 of each item then more as you can.

ya thas what im doing now so i dont lag too much behind, thank god for people u people who go ahead of us. thanks

peachtreeshoppe
09-22-16, 01:45 PM
ya thas what im doing now so i dont lag too much behind, thank god for people u people who go ahead of us. thanks

Between events, too. Collect from mills and mines daily, then make beams and blocks based on what you have approaching 80 (wood, sap, silver etc.)

aiyoosha
09-22-16, 01:46 PM
should we be doing that new goal in the castle?

aiyoosha
09-22-16, 01:47 PM
Between events, too. Collect from mills and mines daily, then make beams and blocks based on what you have approaching 80 (wood, sap, silver etc.)

ya thats what i try to do but these dang events **** me, i need to chop alot of trees :/

Clubbratty
09-22-16, 01:51 PM
New adventure also

Follow the treasure map
Keep only
3 hours
1 longsword
2 simple feast

9 gems speed up

Not simple feast - grits only which is easy enough

meme1098
09-22-16, 01:53 PM

I never leave any of my crafting buildings idle. Kitchens are constantly making items for meals & meals, workshops are constantly crafting whatever I'm not maxed on, etc.

myhsplace
09-22-16, 01:56 PM

you can sort inventory!! wonder why we don't have that option on IOS (least i don't)..after years of playing, looking for things in inventory totally drives me crazy, i quit re-decorating like every couple months because of it.

the ingredient for black cloth is definitely Coal, it's the only thing i have 103 of.

peachtreeshoppe
I never leave any of my crafting buildings idle. Kitchens are constantly making items for meals & meals, workshops are constantly crafting whatever I'm not maxed on, etc.

Yep, me too.

netwiz3
should we be doing that new goal in the castle?

If you do... Do not collect from it until told to... Sometimes this works, sometimes not based on how they set up the goal... Sometimes it's send 3 adventures(in which case it wouldn't count the first one) Other times it registers on the adventure coming back. And yet another option is it will return certain ingredients only when you reach the goal that asks for that ingredient.

netwiz3
09-22-16, 01:57 PM
you can sort inventory!! wonder why we don't have that option on IOS (least i don't)..after years of playing, looking for things in inventory totally drives me crazy, i quit re-decorating like every couple months because of it.

the ingredient for black cloth is definitely Coal, it's the only thing i have 103 of.

Sorry, I forgot to put my sarchasm emoji in the message... Didn't mean to get any of our hopes up for one of the oldest requested features we really do need. ;-)

aiyoosha
09-22-16, 02:29 PM
If you do... Do not collect from it until told to... Sometimes this works, sometimes not based on how they set up the goal... Sometimes it's send 3 adventures(in which case it wouldn't count the first one) Other times it registers on the adventure coming back. And yet another option is it will return certain ingredients only when you reach the goal that asks for that ingredient.

ill just wait then lol

kattkrazie
09-22-16, 02:49 PM
Get out a regular tavern to collect from tomorrow. Just one. You also need 20 silver and 20 living wood for tomorrow. You'll do the new adventure just once. Probably more in future chapters, but just once tomorrow.

mehershey
09-22-16, 02:56 PM
Can I upgrade the Pirates tavern ahead of time?

meme1098
09-22-16, 02:57 PM
Get out a regular tavern to collect from tomorrow. Just one. You also need 20 silver and 20 living wood for tomorrow. You'll do the new adventure just once. Probably more in future chapters, but just once tomorrow.

Thanks! I'm ready :D
Wish these would be regular goals & not storybook goals. They're just an attempt to slow everything to a crawl & don't understand why.

netwiz3
09-22-16, 02:57 PM

Thanks Katt! You're the best! :)

ashley224
09-22-16, 03:13 PM

Thanks Katt! You're the best! :)
You sure are! Thanks so much! :) :)

msmorg
09-22-16, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know how long we have to complete once we start and how long we can wait to start this timed goal?

ashley224
09-22-16, 03:20 PM
Here's the goods on Chapter 2 (for tomorrow)

X Marks the Spot

(0/1). Click "listen".

Goal prize - old compass

dipwid
09-22-16, 03:23 PM
Aaahhhr I'll be loving the new event. Any tips on collecting spellbound few for the blocks?

netwiz3
09-22-16, 03:31 PM
Aaahhhr I'll be loving the new event. Any tips on collecting spellbound few for the blocks?

Don't get hung up on the Dew quite yet... It's very possible/likely if there is a goal it'll only be to get the building to level 5. All buildings got level 6 as a part of the Dew "upgrade" and the new tavern probably has level 6 because of that.

But by all means continue to collect Dew(at least from Ivy Hut) and make the special beams and blocks but don't use them to upgrade anything until S8 advertises a goal requiring it... The Dew is just too hard to come by to upgrade the "wrong" building and it would take years to Max out the new Beams/Blocks.

bald1e
09-22-16, 03:34 PM
Thanks to all the speedsters for the info so far. Seems like S8 have gone on vacation these last few days.

puzzlecatz
09-22-16, 03:46 PM
Here are the pics from the first two goals

Solientus
09-22-16, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know...how long we can wait to start this timed goal?
The last two delayed start events, Essence of Forest and An Orchestrated Event, both had an auto start of 4 days after original release.
I'd have to say Monday the 26th will be the force date.

bald1e
09-22-16, 04:17 PM

So glad I didn't use my 2 spellbound blocks and beams I have in my inventory yet as it would have taken ages to get them, Unless a goal involves getting dew for them as a goal reward.

lindtball
09-22-16, 04:34 PM
Don't get hung up on the Dew quite yet... It's very possible/likely if there is a goal it'll only be to get the building to level 5. All buildings got level 6 as a part of the Dew "upgrade" and the new tavern probably has level 6 because of that.

But by all means continue to collect Dew(at least from Ivy Hut) and make the special beams and blocks but don't use them to upgrade anything until S8 advertises a goal requiring it... The Dew is just too hard to come by to upgrade the "wrong" building and it would take years to Max out the new Beams/Blocks.

Very sound advice. All you speed aheads are the life blood of this forum. We love you all!

robotparade
09-22-16, 04:54 PM

Isn't it grits we need, for the adventure?

bwunderbach
09-22-16, 04:55 PM

Yayyyy! Katt to the rescue! :D

federerGOAT
09-22-16, 05:11 PM
Got gold nugget from first adventure.

WindermereBakery
09-22-16, 05:16 PM
If this really requires us to use spellbound beams and blocks then I'm out. I have been collecting spellbound dew since it came out and still don't have enough for the beams and blocks.

I've already started disliking that dew and have taken to calling it spellbound dew dew in my head.

Please don't make us level it to six!!!

meme1098
09-22-16, 06:15 PM

Spellbound is storyline stuff. No way they would require that in a timed event

Looks like to level up the pirate tavern, you will need 2 each.

meme1098
09-22-16, 06:23 PM
So you think that it will be required to go to 6 in this event. People will forget where their minds are if thats the case

Maybe lower levels will get a break on leveling the tavern. Sometimes happens with storybook goals. I hope so for their sake as it's so frustrating to get so far, then something impossible becomes a requirement & they have to give up.

OnlyOneRamoth
09-22-16, 06:35 PM
Maybe they have us on auto....just keeping us busy while they are back at their workshops sweating furiously in an effort to prepare an extra fantabulous super amazing Halloween event!! To make up for...yep...the cesspool and the Orphanage of last year.

Just kidding. They are sleeping. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......

GlvtenFree
09-22-16, 06:38 PM
it would be a huge mistake for the makers of this game to require items we have only had a short while to aquire.
i play everyday multiple times a day almost all day long honestly.. and have only collected enough dew for one beam and one block...

cuted1011
09-22-16, 06:39 PM
For the Pirate Flag in the workshop: It is definitely coal. When I open it shows I have 29/10 (29 the value of what I have, 10 is what is needed). The only item in my inventory that shows 29 is coal. I wonder if we will need banners too?

Solientus
09-22-16, 06:59 PM
Not a gripe, just an fyi.
For Chapter 2, don't bother using gems if you're looking for a second compass as souvenir.
I put one to craft in the workshop and spent 30Gems to skip.
Once the craft finished it doesn't appear in your inventory since you've passed that part.

ashley224
09-22-16, 07:26 PM
Not a gripe, just an fyi.
For Chapter 2, don't bother using gems if you're looking for a second compass as souvenir.
I put one to craft in the workshop and spent 30Gems to skip.
Once the craft finished it doesn't appear in your inventory since you've passed that part.

Thank you for posting this valuable information so that everyone understands how this part of the challenge works. I always appreciate your positive attitude and your kind assistance to others.

PrincessCelestian
09-22-16, 07:28 PM
it would be a huge mistake for the makers of this game to require items we have only had a short while to aquire.
i play everyday multiple times a day almost all day long honestly.. and have only collected enough dew for one beam and one block...

I do a lot of collecting from flowers to make Faerie elixir during these times events for extra energy. I have made 3 spellbound beams and 2 spellbound blocks. I think I am pretty close to my next one too. I haven't found them all that hard to come by.

AnisWa
09-22-16, 08:09 PM
The pirate tavern requires 2 wood beam, 2 stone blocks, 2 simple glue and 6 corn. It looks very pretty.

Here are some more requirements for the upgrades for Pirate Tavern
2 Fancy Beam, 4 Bone, 3 Simple Glue, 2 Fancy Block;
Upgrade 2 (3 Simple Glue, 1 Royal Beam, 10 Jewels, 1 Royal Beam;
Upgrade 3 (20 Silver Ore, 2 Super Glue, 2 Royal Block, 2 Royal Beam
That's as far as I got.
Have fun!

kattkrazie
09-22-16, 08:20 PM
Chapter 3:

Goal prize - pirate flag

Go on adventure again.

netwiz3
09-22-16, 08:37 PM
Chapter 3:

Goal prize - pirate flag

Go on adventure again.

Thanks again for look ahead... So far nothing crazy. :cool:

kattkrazie
09-22-16, 09:01 PM

You know what 'they' say - impatience is a virtue!!!

The pirate adventure has pretty good drops. I got a treasure hunter kitty, gold path, dragon hoard, and jewels from my first adventure. So, yay!!

janddolphins
09-22-16, 10:31 PM
Strange, I built a pirate tavern and it was removed from my place. Time to build another one. Did anyone else lose theirs? I was wondering if it us to do with stage but doesn't seem like it's a step and others have had a problem. Easy enough to build but just reporting this for others to know.

PanicMood
09-22-16, 10:43 PM
Leveled the tavern to level 5 and so far it drops only coins... But maybe it's supposed to only drop coins?

RevdKathy
09-22-16, 11:20 PM
Still no post from SW. I hope she's OK! This is really not like her.

Can someone please collate all the wonderful info into one post please? (with a big thank you to the people gumming ahead)

This didn't show at all for me till this morning, and that was with about 2 hours left before day 2. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't woken early.

GlvtenFree
09-22-16, 11:33 PM
I think SW is usually on later tonight through morning for those in the pacific.
heres the info posted so far

Chapter 1
goal 1 visit Old thomas
goal 2 visit library

Chapter 2
(0/1). Click "listen".
Goal prize - old compass

Chapter 3:
Goal prize - pirate flag
Go on adventure again.

Chapter 4:

Chapter 5:

kattkrazie
09-22-16, 11:47 PM
Chapter 4:

Note: My level 6 farmhouses and level 5 pirate tavern DID count.

RevdKathy
09-22-16, 11:55 PM
Thanks BarfDump that's really helpful.

It's not like SW to miss the start of something. I wonder if it started late for her, as it did for me.

kattkrazie
09-22-16, 11:55 PM
Chapter 5:

Stymie52
09-22-16, 11:56 PM
Leveled the tavern to level 5 and so far it drops only coins... But maybe it's supposed to only drop coins?

When does it tell you to start leveling up the pirate tavern? In reading everything so far, it doesn't even say to buy the pirate tavern.

Stymie52
09-22-16, 11:59 PM
I see it does in chapter 4.

spanisheyes1
09-23-16, 12:21 AM
HELP
I just clicked the 'Listen' as the first part of Chapter 2. This took me to the Tavern, clicked again and nothing happened. Tried the Pirates Tavern, still nothing. Now I have to wait 8 hours to try again with no guarantee that it will work.

RevdKathy
09-23-16, 12:22 AM
That glitched! I clicked "Listen" and got sent to the tavern. Clicked the tavern, and it didn't register. Now I have to wait 8 hours to try again.

My Kingdom has so much else going on right now I'm not going to make too much effort at this rate!

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 12:29 AM
HELP
I just clicked the 'Listen' as the first part of Chapter 2. This took me to the Tavern, clicked again and nothing happened. Tried the Pirates Tavern, still nothing. Now I have to wait 8 hours to try again with no guarantee that it will work.

That's unfortunate. Mine worked the first time. It is definitely the regular tavern. You don't need to click the pirate tavern until chapter 4.

Zirilka
09-23-16, 12:43 AM
That glitched! I clicked "Listen" and got sent to the tavern. Clicked the tavern, and it didn't register. Now I have to wait 8 hours to try again.

My Kingdom has so much else going on right now I'm not going to make too much effort at this rate!

Happened to me too but registered when I force closed the game.

RevdKathy
09-23-16, 01:16 AM
Yes, mine worked oddly a while later. I can't go on though as my workshops are busy. They're always busy.

dragoniakingdom
09-23-16, 01:47 AM
HELP

For those having problems with the "Listen at the tavern" force close your device. When you re-enter CS the task will be marked as done & you can move onto the next one.

haku8cafe
09-23-16, 02:23 AM
Chapter 4:

oh gosh I am a lvl18 this is too hard for me I guess I am done with this quest at chapter 4

Tamochan
09-23-16, 02:24 AM
i am not bothering with this one mainly due to the spellbound requirement. I have been obsessivley collecting from flowers on a more-than-daily basis and with that and ivy's hut I can make..... ONE block OR beam. Wow. And that has been since the start of the event. I am managing to use up the petals by making dyes and the liquid stuff used for the energy in one of the workshops, but to be honest there is no chance for me to get the beams and blocks in time so not worth me throwing items at the quest, sadly.

GlvtenFree
09-23-16, 02:36 AM
i am not bothering with this one mainly due to the spellbound requirement. I have been obsessivley collecting from flowers on a more-than-daily basis and with that and ivy's hut I can make..... ONE block OR beam. Wow. And that has been since the start of the event. I am managing to use up the petals by making dyes and the liquid stuff used for the energy in one of the workshops, but to be honest there is no chance for me to get the beams and blocks in time so not worth me throwing items at the quest, sadly.

dont give up just yet! chapters 1-5 have not required dew and its doubtful future chapters will require the use of lvl 6 buildings

spanisheyes1
09-23-16, 02:40 AM
HELP
Finally worked. I did nothing different, had been in and out of the game for a couple of hours, no forced closing, nothing. I just went in and there was the compass waiting to be crafted. All I need now is:- silver, living wood.......etc. etc etc......

Jackiesq
09-23-16, 02:44 AM
oh gosh I am a lvl18 this is too hard for me I guess I am done with this quest at chapter 4
You're not the only one... 😕
My jeweler is l2 now and Pirate tavern l3, but if both need to be l5 and what more we have to do in other chapters... I skip this Tales. Work on my kingdom to be prepared for other events, when my buildings are leveled up and my stock of meals and other things is higher. Don't want to use everything now and ending this Tales with nothing...

GlvtenFree
09-23-16, 02:54 AM
Lower level players may not be required to visit high level buildings. The information for the future chapters has been from lvl 50 players and as we have seen in many events before, lower level players do not have as hard of requirements for the same goals. So to all of you worrying, dont give up! we dont have all the information yet

coolssp
09-23-16, 03:01 AM

The pirate adventure has pretty good drops. I got a treasure hunter kitty, gold path, dragon hoard, and jewels from my first adventure. So, yay!!

My first adventure dropped 5000 coins:(

federerGOAT
09-23-16, 04:03 AM
Recieved a neighbours request for a deckman.
Hope it is like the last storybook, where the neighbours request was on day 7-8 and not the last day.

PrincessCelestian
09-23-16, 04:38 AM
I need some neighbors to send living wood to me daily. I need two who are committed. I will send back to them. My stores have been depleted from some fairy goals and it looks like we will need quite a bit for this. Neighbor request me at princesscelestian and then gift me a living wood and I will send one back.

*thanks for the response! I have lots of new neighbors. I will do my best to return everyone's generous gift of living wood as soon as the game allows me with that three a day limit. . . 😘*

PrincessCelestian
09-23-16, 04:48 AM
Does the adventure register when you go or when you get back?

volissos
09-23-16, 04:49 AM
I didn't get a pop-up about this goal so if anyone knows a. Does the timer start after we press begin or has it already started anyway and I am losing valuable time?, and b. When does it end? Why the lack of information about this event?

Stymie52
09-23-16, 05:02 AM
Hope Spirit Wind is alright. She is never absent from an event. But as usual, with all the prep information, this is very doable. Many thanks to our pioneers!

volissos
09-23-16, 05:09 AM
A You can start it on your own or it will autostart usually after 4 days. You are not losing time unless you do not complete each days chapter

B this forum is player driven. There is information in this thread you just have to look. Try post 75. It hasn't been codified yet in post 1 pr 2 so you might have to dig around the previous posts

Thanks for the reply! I know that most of the information come from the wonderful players who speed up and give us a heads up, I was mostly referring to S8 and the absence of a pop-up letting us know what the goal is about and details as to when it starts/ends. So it is as usual, one chapter per day?

Zirilka
09-23-16, 05:12 AM
Hope Spirit Wind is alright. She is never absent from an event. But as usual, with all the prep information, this is very doable. Many thanks to our pioneers!
I know! I've been worried for her! She is just like the sun - always there.

comeseecomesah
09-23-16, 05:41 AM

..and always shining.

comeseecomesah
09-23-16, 06:00 AM

1st Adventure..Gold Path, Jewel
2nd Advy was just Jewel

btw it says 3 hours but its actually 2.5 hours

My first adventure dropped 5000 coins:(

1St Adventure drop from 1 kingdom...Gold path
1st Adventure drop from other kingdom.... A treasure hoard decoration ( non chopable) 4x4 looks nice. 2nd drop....gold path

1st Drop from Treasure cat... fur,silver,coins, there was something else at the back which thought looked like energy but can't be sure.

udittara
09-23-16, 06:01 AM
Okay I read the whole thread and I haven't seen a clear cut answer
Can I build the pirate tavern ahead of time?

meme1098
09-23-16, 06:04 AM
Maybe...coolssp you can edit your 1st post for now. Just copy BarfDump's post #75 on page 8 & add it to your post #1.

Thanks to those for forging ahead :D.

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 06:05 AM

Yes. You should go ahead and build it and have it to at least level 2 before you reach chapter 4. That way it will be ready when you get to that task.

tigarlilyvol
09-23-16, 06:07 AM
Does the adventure register when you go or when you get back?

When you get back I had one ready to collect and it counted

Solientus
09-23-16, 06:07 AM
I did. The next time it's asked for (so far as I've seen) only says to collect from a level 2, rather than build.

sunnygirl634
09-23-16, 06:10 AM
Heads up to hoarders. You can't purchase an extra compass in the workshop with gems like you could in the past. Not sure why S8 removed this option since we spend gems to get these in our inventory.

AnisWa
09-23-16, 06:14 AM

I was waiting for one of my red taverns to time out, while the pirate tavern was ready to tap.....it worked. So, looks like there's going to be plenty of different kind of luck, again. Sorry that you had to wait another 8 hrs.

comeuntojesus
09-23-16, 06:32 AM
Goal #2

AFTER, listen to the tales at the tavern. (Yo ho ho)
(0/1). Click "listen".
Goal prize - old compass
+
repair the old compass In workshop -
requires 1 old compass, 20 silver, 20 living wood. Takes 3 hours.

Repairing compass will guide our way!

laurensParty
09-23-16, 06:33 AM

How exactly did you sort your inventory by quantity?

ashley224
09-23-16, 06:34 AM
How exactly did you sort your inventory by quantity?

This was a joke, he didn't.

AnisWa
09-23-16, 06:58 AM
Chapter 3:

Goal prize - pirate flag

Go on adventure again.

Thanks Katt for forging ahead! On Goal 4, what items are required for the adventure? And how long is it?

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 07:11 AM
Thanks Katt for forging ahead! On Goal 4, what items are required for the adventure? And how long is it?

Full summary (so far) is here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94353-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-New-goal&p=1347011&viewfull=1#post1347011).

AnisWa
09-23-16, 07:15 AM
Full summary (so far) is here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94353-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-New-goal&p=1347011&viewfull=1#post1347011).

Thank you Bwunderbach, :cool:

PrincessCelestian
09-23-16, 07:37 AM

Ha. I am sure the crazy is coming!! Brace yerselves ay matey. Squall a comin'!

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 07:46 AM
Thank you Bwunderbach, :cool:

My pleasure! I had to look it up anyway. :)

comeseecomesah
09-23-16, 07:50 AM

1st Adventure..Gold Path, Jewel
2nd Advy was just Jewel

btw it says 3 hours but its actually 2.5 hours

Ha. I am sure the crazy is coming!! Brace yerselves ay matey. Squall a comin'!

Oooarrr shipmates, baton down the hatches! It's been very calm up to now. I think SW will be proud of us. Maybe sitting on a beach watching us get on with it lol. I guess will be here if we're desperately crying out for help...like we do sometimes lol.

Edit.. Oops.. didn't mean for all those posts to attach. Must be still ticked from earlier.

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 07:55 AM

*gasp* What if she's been kidnapped by pirates?!

comeseecomesah
09-23-16, 08:02 AM

Ok me 'arties everyone get those there ships repaired and prepare to hit the high seas. We're goin after her.

Does this mean we're going off subject?......................and (whispers)getting away with it wooooo

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 08:03 AM
Ok me 'arties everyone get those there ships repaired and prepare to hit the high seas. We're goin after her.

Does this mean we're going off subject?......................and (whispers)getting away with it wooooo

Not off topic: pirates. ;)

Stymie52
09-23-16, 08:05 AM

And made to walk the plank!

ashley224
09-23-16, 08:16 AM
I think SW is usually on later tonight through morning for those in the pacific.
heres the info posted so far

Chapter 1
goal 1 visit Old thomas
goal 2 visit library

Chapter 2
(0/1). Click "listen".
Goal prize - old compass

Chapter 3:
Goal prize - pirate flag
Go on adventure again.

Chapter 4:

Coolssp, I'm sure many would appreciate you editing post 1 and adding this summary info. :)

farmgirl8888
09-23-16, 08:18 AM
Since this goal requires so much harvesting to keep the crops up, I have parked my troll, as I usually do for such events. But, has anyone else, who does the same, noticed how much bigger his greyed out area is? Or, is this just my imagination? Check it out in my kingdom, it's huge!

farmgirl8888
09-23-16, 08:39 AM
Has anyone else gotten a Pirates Guide from an adventure? I just got one, limit is 99.

meme1098
09-23-16, 08:40 AM
Since this goal requires so much harvesting to keep the crops up, I have parked my troll, as I usually do for such events. But, has anyone else, who does the same, noticed how much bigger his greyed out area is? Or, is this just my imagination? Check it out in my kingdom, it's huge!

My first troll did the same. Then I rotated the troll sparring pit & tried it again later. He's more on top of the pit now & not so hoggish about space. :D

And about SW, we're gonna have to put a crew together to search the high seas for her, me mateys. ;)

Has anyone else gotten a Pirates Guide from an adventure? I just got one, limit is 99.

Gonna keep my eyes out for that when collecting the next one. Thanks for the heads up:)

msmorg
09-23-16, 08:48 AM
Please S8 increase the spellbound dew drops from flowers and Ivy, I just used 40 energy on Ivy and flowers and not 1 spellbound dew. Impossible at this rate to create those beams which require 20 dew a piece!

catmomx4
09-23-16, 08:50 AM
There's also a new craft coming that's in the Workshop that's currently Locked by goal... Black Cloth - Needs 10 of something I can't read(I have 99) and 5 Cow Hides with a 30 minute timer.

The Black Cloth mentioned to be crafted in the future is 10 Coal + 5 Hides

farmgirl8888
09-23-16, 08:51 AM
Meme, hearty thanks 'n ye're welcome matey! Also, worried aout SW, please S8 or other mods, anyone know anything?

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 09:07 AM

I got the piracy guide, but it had a pop-up saying it was a reward for completing the task. I also got a cartographers desk for completing part 2.....deco only.

All I've gotten from the adventures so far is gold paths. 3 adventures, 3 gold paths. (And the guide book I guess) :(

Ps. I'm really hoping that SW is ok and enjoying a wonderful vacation somewhere pirate free. Although I'm starting to fear the entire staff and all mods are somewhere aboard the Black Pearl.....it's certainly unusual for there to be no activity at all from anyone! :confused:

BufftonHeights
09-23-16, 09:07 AM

Yes, I just got one. I am dutifully studying it while my rum ages.

danzplace
09-23-16, 09:11 AM
My first adventure was 1 jewel. The second was for the quest and gave me the guide. Fingers crossed for trip three.

Editing to say I just found the treasure hunter kitty in my inventory. Must have popped up with the book but didn't show one the screen! Be sure to check your inventory after adventuring. Woo hoo!!!!

Stymie52
09-23-16, 09:17 AM

I looked in my inventory and found the Piracy Guide too. Maybe we will need it further along in the quest.

ClaresKingdom
09-23-16, 09:19 AM
I need some neighbors to send living wood to me daily. I need two who are committed. I will send back to them. My stores have been depleted from some fairy goals and it looks like we will need quite a bit for this. Neighbor request me at princesscelestian and then gift me a living wood and I will send one back.

Just sent you some - you are already my neighbour (ClaresKingdom)

Will keep sending :)

farmgirl8888
09-23-16, 09:22 AM
My first troll did the same. Then I rotated the troll sparring pit & tried it again later. He's more on top of the pit now & not so hoggish about space. :D

And about SW, we're gonna have to put a crew together to search the high seas for her, me mateys. ;)

Gonna keep my eyes out for that when collecting the next one. Thanks for the heads up:)

Sorry, the correct title is a Piracy Guide.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 09:22 AM
I was waiting for one of my red taverns to time out, while the pirate tavern was ready to tap.....it worked. So, looks like there's going to be plenty of different kind of luck, again. Sorry that you had to wait another 8 hrs.

Yes, definitely different kinds of luck. The collection from my first adventure was great. However, each collection afterwards only drops jewels and one gold path. So the Treasure Hunter Kitty is apparently ultra rare. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

prancinland
09-23-16, 09:26 AM
I'm liking this event ! Arrah! Only wish it was a long term goal and part of the story line! -- ��

cookies2crumbs
09-23-16, 09:34 AM
I have just sent out on the first adventure and still don't have a request to get the pirate tavern ..... Do I buy it or wait for ch 4..

danzplace
09-23-16, 09:44 AM
I bought it when someone mentioned it, since it was unlocked. Your choice. Love the colors.

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 09:44 AM
I have just sent out on the first adventure and still don't have a request to get the pirate tavern ..... Do I buy it or wait for ch 4..

Based on the steps listed in previous posts, purchasing the tavern is not part of the goals, but collecting from it is. I chose to purchase it early and level it up to level 2 so that it will be ready to collect from immediately when I reach that task in chapter 4.

Ps. Kattkrazie has already posted that the tavern will still work if it's above level 2. I chose to stop at level 2 until I know what resources I'll need for the rest of the chapters. Don't want to use something I'll regret not having later. Lol

Solientus
09-23-16, 10:07 AM
Hey princesscupob, would you mind adding Info's to your first post?
I don't think coolssp is around.
Not sure when a mod will be on, at least it'll be on the first page, kinda near the top.
Just a thought, and if you have the time.
...or avocado if you're around.
Ashley put up a quick goal summary only a page or two back to copy from.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 10:13 AM
Chapter 6:

(Adventure)

Chapter 7:

Chapter 8:

Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for deckhands (0/40)

jaymieb2
09-23-16, 10:14 AM
pirate tavern

How many levels for the Pirate's Tavern? I am waiting for more super glue to upgrade to Level Six... Glad I didn't spend my only two Spellbound blocks and beams on upgrading anything else!

Equinox14
09-23-16, 10:18 AM
Would some one from Storm8 please post all the goals and what is needed day by day as usual? There is nothing yet in the hub or game guides. Please tell us where it is posted so we don't have to search all over. Thank you!

Solientus
09-23-16, 10:19 AM
Thanks for update Katt.

PJBastian13
09-23-16, 10:19 AM
Anybody know what the requirements for chapter 5 are?

jaymieb2
09-23-16, 10:20 AM

Wow! Good catch! Thank you! I didn't upgrade because I was out of super glue. (Had 2 each Spellbound beams and blocks). Upgrading could have caused a disaster down the line!

TwiWoods
09-23-16, 10:26 AM

Post #78

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 10:28 AM

1-5 here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94353-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-New-goal&p=1347011&viewfull=1#post1347011).

6-8 here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94353-Castle-Story-9-22-Update-New-goal&p=1347152&viewfull=1#post1347152).

PJBastian13
09-23-16, 10:31 AM
Thank you! How did I miss that! Appreciate all of the help.

volissos
09-23-16, 10:35 AM
I know it might sound silly but I am still not sure if this is a chapter per day tale or not. Could someone confirm it please? I will be away for the weekend and I would like to wait before I start. But if not, I am very much behind already :(

cookies2crumbs
Based on the steps listed in previous posts, purchasing the tavern is not part of the goals, but collecting from it is. I chose to purchase it early and level it up to level 2 so that it will be ready to collect from immediately when I reach that task in chapter 4.

Ps. Kattkrazie has already posted that the tavern will still work if it's above level 2. I chose to stop at level 2 until I know what resources I'll need for the rest of the chapters. Don't want to use something I'll regret not having later. Lol

Thanks for the info I agree and I didn't want to waste any resources either.

justmine2
40 from neighbors? I'm doomed!

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 10:37 AM
I know it might sound silly but I am still not sure if this is a chapter per day tale or not. Could someone confirm it please? I will be away for the weekend and I would like to wait before I start. But if not, I am very much behind already :(

It is.

volissos
09-23-16, 10:41 AM
Thank you bwunderbach! Fingers crossed it autostarts like the previous tales and not like the latest tale in DS which autostarted two days after the announcement.

TwiWoods
09-23-16, 10:51 AM
Chapter 8: Goal 2 - Ask neighbors for deckhands (0/40)

WHY do they keep doing this?! Asking for more than they allow in one day when this is designed as a chapter a day event?

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 10:53 AM
Chapter 9:

Goal 1 - Follow the treasure map (0/1) Drops 1 crumb.
Adventure to find crumbs. Will require 4 more adventures as each dropped only 1 crumb.
Goal prize - a cracker.

Goal prize - The Spot

I may have glossed over this earlier, but I received the piracy guide from the adventure many chapters ago.

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 10:57 AM
Chapter 5:

Chapter 7:

Chapter 8:

Thanks for scouting ahead for us once again, Katt!

Am I right in assuming that these crafts are done in the Workshop?

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 10:59 AM
Chapter 10:

Prize - Parrot.

Good luck, everyone.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 11:01 AM
Thanks for scouting ahead for us once again, Katt!

Am I right in assuming that these crafts are done in the Workshop?

They are crafted in the new swabbie's workbench.

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 11:08 AM
They are crafted in the new swabbie's workbench.

Ahhh! Of course. :cool:

Thanks again.

newzealander
09-23-16, 11:10 AM
Chapter 10:

Prize - Parrot.

Good luck, everyone.
Thank you so much for sharing all this, Katt. You have no idea what a huge help this is. So many of us only manage to finish these events because of the help you and all the others that skip ahead give us. We appreciate it!!

BTW...is everyone willing to throw in a couple of gold nuggets for SW's ransom should the need arise?? Mine are ready...

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 11:17 AM
Thank you so much for sharing all this, Katt. You have no idea what a huge help this is. So many of us only manage to finish these events because of the help you and all the others that skip ahead give us. We appreciate it!!

BTW...is everyone willing to throw in a couple of gold nuggets for SW's ransom should the need arise?? Mine are ready...

Count me in!

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 11:17 AM
Ahhh! Of course. :cool:

Thanks again.

I mean...Arrr! Of course.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 11:21 AM
I was hoping chapter 10 would include rescuing Spiritwind- as a practical joke on the players. Not that we deserve to be hazed, but would have livened things up!

meme1098
09-23-16, 11:28 AM
I was hoping chapter 10 would include rescuing Spiritwind- as a practical joke on the players. Not that we deserve to be hazed, but would have livened things up!

No S8 staff or mods on here all morning! This is Friday & the weekend is almost upon us. We need to get the rescue team & ransom together, weigh anchor & heave ho before it's too late. ;)

AmaDrac
09-23-16, 11:46 AM
Aarrrggg! I hit the "give" after collecting just one map. Now what? Do I quit in day one?

netwiz3
09-23-16, 11:47 AM
I added the goals to post #4 for now since nobody else is online. Thanks again all who worked together to get this great information especially Katt! :)

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 11:52 AM
No S8 staff or mods on here all morning! This is Friday & the weekend is almost upon us. We need to get the rescue team & ransom together, weigh anchor & heave ho before it's too late. ;)

I hope she's on a cruise with no wifi instead of being sick. She has definitely spoiled us rotten!

That being said, this quest is very doable. With the neighbor requests being on Day 8, there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting them back in time. Collecting 25 parrot food (2 hr. timer) will be difficult unless the parrot feeder drops multiple food each time. I used gems, so don't have the answer to this. Will let y'all know after I collect from it.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 11:54 AM
Aarrrggg! I hit the "give" after collecting just one map. Now what? Do I quit in day one?

When the 'give' button is there, you just go back in and hit it after each collection, if I understand your question.

Nikospets
09-23-16, 11:54 AM

Can't believe we haven't heard from SW! S8 must have abandoned ship! Arr!!! Or maybe their out looken for booty!😳

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 12:00 PM
I added the goals to post #4 for now since nobody else is online. Thanks again all who worked together to get this great information especially Katt! :)

Thank you! I was in the process of trying to do so on my phone when I saw you had gotten it done (while I tried to navigate on this tiny screen! Lol)

bwunderbach
09-23-16, 12:04 PM

I actually had the same thought cross my mind. :cool:

How great would that have been?

netwiz3
09-23-16, 12:06 PM
Thank you! I was in the process of trying to do so on my phone when I saw you had gotten it done (while I tried to navigate on this tiny screen! Lol)

Feel free to take from post 4 and add to post 3 and then I'll delete it from 4... The closer to the top we get it the better IMHO. :)

I did add a couple edits like the Piracy Guide was given at the end of Chapter 2 and added the BOLD note telling people to they don't need to upgrade the Pirate Tavern to Level 6 so we have no more complaints about the Dew Drops.(If only it was read before posting) ;-)

anne202b
09-23-16, 12:09 PM
Why do I not have this event? I'm level 50/iOS.

netwiz3
09-23-16, 12:13 PM
Why do I not have this event? I'm level 50/iOS.

Are you at the latest version of the app and did you hit the little icon on the right side of the screen that starts the Chapter Event?

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 12:14 PM
Feel free to take from post 4 and add to post 3 and then I'll delete it from 4... The closer to the top we get it the better IMHO. :)

I did add a couple edits like the Piracy Guide was given at the end of Chapter 2 and added the BOLD note telling people to they don't need to upgrade the Pirate Tavern to Level 6 so we have no more complaints about the Dew Drops.(If only it was read before posting) ;-)

You did such a good job, I'm going to attempt to just delete all text and pics from my post and refer everyone to yours. :-)

netwiz3
09-23-16, 12:18 PM
You did such a good job, I'm going to attempt to just delete all text and pics from my post and refer everyone to yours. :-)

As wish you! ;)

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 12:20 PM
I actually had the same thought cross my mind. :cool:

How great would that have been?

However, rescuing a 'Spiritwind' would have been confusing to players that don't frequent the forum. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that players who don't use the forum are constantly confused. Lol

Solientus
09-23-16, 12:31 PM
Mucho thanks Net & P.c.o.b.!

GlvtenFree
09-23-16, 12:40 PM
lookin at katts kingdom im so excited and cant wait to get all these prizes!
a pirate ship! a wrecked dingy! the parrot, treasure chests and tables, sooo cool

PJBastian13
09-23-16, 12:43 PM
So, there is no requirement to upgrade the pirate tavern to level 4 or 5? Very odd.......
I, too, miss SW.
I rarely post as everyone else is always on top of supplying answers to questions I have. My thanks to all.

Solientus
09-23-16, 12:47 PM
So, there is no requirement to upgrade the pirate tavern to level 4 or 5? Very odd.......

I'm pretty glad though. I have some beams and blocks saved up and was hoping to not have to blow them on this building. I'm a bit worried about the 40 neighbour requests though, I'll just have to wait and see how things progress.

PJBastian13
09-23-16, 12:50 PM
I'm pretty glad though. I have some beams and blocks saved up and was hoping to not have to blow them on this building. I'm a bit worried about the 40 neighbour requests though, I'll just have to wait and see how things progress.

Me too. At least it is not a day 10 requirement! We can do it.

aiyoosha
09-23-16, 12:55 PM
im sad, everyones getting awesome stuff on their adventure and all i got was lousy coins lol

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 12:57 PM
lookin at katts kingdom im so excited and cant wait to get all these prizes!
a pirate ship! a wrecked dingy! the parrot, treasure chests and tables, sooo cool

You should come back over. I hadn't yet put out the awesome pirate, 'the spot' and the 'Tell No Tales'. This event does have awesome deco. The fool's chest can be chopped but then I would lose it, so...

Zirilka
09-23-16, 01:01 PM
Captain Katt, just in case it has not been emphasized enough - you are totally awesome! Thank you for sharing the knowledge!

88silver
09-23-16, 01:05 PM
Can someone check my math? Because I'm thinking S8 gave us another impossible task.

Let's say a player plays from 7am to 10pm. That's 15 hours a day with unlimited access to the game.

On day 8, we have to do 40 neighbor requests. Let's say everyone has awesome neighbors and they get 21 on day eight (20+Stormie) and the remaining 19 respond immediately after the S8 day rolls over into day nine. Then you can craft the 8 hour pirate ship right after you wake up. So the ship is finished at 3pm on day 9. Have the first adventure waiting and collect that. Send and collect from adventure 2 and 3, it's now 8pm. The 4th adventure isn't ready until after you are in bed.

Wake up on day 10, collect adventure 4 at 7am and adventure 5 at 9:30am. You're done with combining clues at 7:30pm. You immediately buy and place the Parrot Feeder. At 9:30pm you make your first collection. Let's get extra wishful thinking here and say that drops all the food you need the first time. You have the final adventure waiting to collect and finish at 9:30pm, 30 minutes before you go to bed on the final day.

So, this is possibly if, and only if:
(1) You have awesome neighbors and get responses right away and overnight, without having to send out any new requests in day 2 (or 3).
(2) You plan ahead and always have an adventure waiting to collect. (not doing so adds 5hrs to the timeline)
(3) You do all the previous days on time so that you start the day 8 tasks on day 8.
(4) The Parrot Feeder drops everything we need in one collection.

I think we all know that there is no way all four of those conditions are accurate.

Solientus
09-23-16, 01:09 PM
Me too. At least it is not a day 10 requirement! We can do it.
Well, I was just thinking...

On Chapter 8:

*On Day 8 - get 21 Deckhands
*On Day 9 - get the remaining 19
*build the ship (8hour build)
On Chapter 9:

*Should still be on Day 9 moving into Day 10- get one crumb from Adventure (3 hrs)
*need 4 crumbs more will take 12 hours (if only one per adventure @3hrs per)
*combine the 5 crumbs (10hr craft)
On Chapter 10:

*Will be well into Day 10 probably, buy feeder
*depending on Feeder drops, yet to be reported, but average of 2 per collect every 2hrs (need 25 total), need 12 collects = 24hours
*send out another adventure

Unless less Deckhands needed
Unless more then 1 Crumb per Adventure
Unless more parrot food then estimated per collect

...this isn't looking good. I'd love some additional feedback about numbers. Am I missing/miscalcualting something? I think the main thing is the feeder drops, if it ends up dropping something like 10-15 per collect, then that's a bit different. It'd be tight but doable...ish.

Edit - @ Silver I think we're both in disbelief, Ill have to think on this some more....and have drink maybe

PrincessCupOButter
09-23-16, 01:15 PM
Mucho thanks Net & P.c.o.b.!

You're welcome! Thank you for the excellent idea!

Count me in for some gold to help with Spiritwind's ransom! Come back!! We miss you!! :o

And apparently we'll need someone to run interference again to make sure the goals are doable in the given time frame. Once again, pioneer players are exposing the bugs, glitches and roadblocks. We need a pioneer appreciation event!!

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 01:21 PM
The parrot feeder dropped 3 parrot food. So, it is multiple drops, but will still require about 7-8 collections. Gonna be tight, but still doable. And there's a chance it will drop more than 3 at a time. Will observe and report before you get there.

Zirilka
09-23-16, 01:24 PM
I hope that ransom for SW will not be in .... spirits.... Anyone's got any rum in case of emergency?

Solientus
09-23-16, 01:27 PM
The parrot feeder dropped 3 parrot food. So, it is multiple drops, but will still require about 7-8 collections. Gonna be tight, but still doable. And there's a chance it will drop more than 3 at a time. Will observe and report before you get there.

Wow, only 3...that's still 16hours if that's the top end drop.

I'll wait until you do your second (or third :P ) collect before I freak out too much. Thanks again in advance.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 01:30 PM
I hope that ransom for SW will not be in .... spirits.... Anyone's got any rum in case of emergency?

I HAD some rum!! Why do you think I gemmed through this? (Hic) Certainly not a sober act. Or sane for that matter.

meme1098
09-23-16, 01:47 PM

I HAD some rum!! Why do you think I gemmed through this? (Hic) Certainly not a sober act. Or sane for that matter.

Aye! For sure we'll need several barrels of rum to incapacitate the vermin who have absconded with SW. Avast ye mateys, we be weighing anchor in 2 hours.

shadowlight1
09-23-16, 01:49 PM
I, too, miss SW.
I rarely post as everyone else is always on top of supplying answers to questions I have. My thanks to all.

The level 5 upgrade costs:
10 Hearty Stews
2 Spellbound Beams
2 Spell bound Blocks
4 Super Glue

Zirilka
09-23-16, 01:51 PM
Just to be sure: how many adventures are we required to come? I wonder if I could send some extra outings in search of SW of course....

netwiz3
09-23-16, 01:56 PM

Are the collection times all really full hours? That's the other thing that always appears off... Usually a half hour on several items an event as they round up.

Smr1019
09-23-16, 02:14 PM
I'm so glad I was already working on upgrading my buildings, or else I don't think I would be able to finish this in time. I still feel like I'm gonna be pushing it.

ashley224
09-23-16, 02:30 PM
Kattkrazie needs earth wisps, if she is your nbr, please send her gifts regularily as a thank you for always blazing ahead.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 02:31 PM
Are the collection times all really full hours? That's the other thing that always appears off... Usually a half hour on several items an event as they round up.

I don't know. I don't wait on timers. Lol. But the parrot feeder does appear to be 2 full hours.

rou111
09-23-16, 02:42 PM

I don't see how it's doable because we'll have time only for 1 or maybe 2 feeder collections (with normal sleep).

janddolphins
09-23-16, 02:56 PM
I do hope SW is ok, but it does not explain why all week we really have not had much postings from any mods period. Slight postings which left us open ended regarding those who did not get Monday monsters from other mods and no one to come and help out here when SW is away. Thankfully everything has been relatively glitch free and self explanatory but I feel someone should have stepped up if SW couldn't.

Ps still waiting hopelessly about Monday but I guess they hope we just will go away about that with a new quest.

Good luck everyone with the chapter book. These are my least favorite but looking at all 10 chapters I think this one I can actually manage easily. I do hope the steps are easier for lower levels, so don't give up just because you see what the steps are for a level 50 player. We all know from past events lower levels have different requirements. Hang in there!

Happy weekend and I how everyone is able to enjoy the weekend and not stress with the event :)

spanisheyes1
09-23-16, 03:14 PM
Anyone wanting to send living wood I would be eternally grateful. Unless I find a source for them PDQ I will have no chance of finishing this.
It is very sad, I havent finished one of these blinking things ever (violins playing in the background and free tissues by the door).
Just in passing how do others manage if they dont have a stock of whatever is being asked for?

PrincessCelestian
09-23-16, 03:20 PM
However, rescuing a 'Spiritwind' would have been confusing to players that don't frequent the forum. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that players who don't use the forum are constantly confused. Lol

And very likely never make it to the end of a quest anyway!!

PrincessCelestian
09-23-16, 03:26 PM
Anyone wanting to send living wood I would be eternally grateful. Unless I find a source for them PDQ I will have no chance of finishing this.
It is very sad, I havent finished one of these blinking things ever (violins playing in the background and free tissues by the door).
Just in passing how do others manage if they dont have a stock of whatever is being asked for?

Look ahead and strategize on how to stock up. Max out all your energy potentials like visiting neighbors and watching videos. I gave managed to finish every quest since i started reading the forum and looking ahead. And most I can complete without gems or real money now.

mefys2
09-23-16, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know what you need to craft black cloth?

ktorewqas
09-23-16, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know what you need to craft black cloth?you get it from a task

MoonVillage3
09-23-16, 04:02 PM

you can see on first page, post #4, chapter 3 all what's needed

ktorewqas
09-23-16, 04:11 PM
Thank you very much, Kattkrazie!
Chapter 8 is a trouble maker. Hope any mod here can help us to clarify that :)

msmorg
09-23-16, 04:51 PM
In chapter 10 Goal 3 you list Give parrot food 0/25 collect from parrot feeder with a 2 hour timer. How many times do you have to collect to get the 25?

Stymie52
09-23-16, 04:55 PM

10 coal and 5 hides

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 04:58 PM
In chapter 10 Goal 3 you list Give parrot food 0/25 collect from parrot feeder with a 2 hour timer. How many times do you have to collect to get the 25?

The parrot feeder has consistently dropped 3 each time and you will receive one as a prize when you 'examine the spot'. Unless drop rates vary, plan to collect 8 times.

anne202b
09-23-16, 05:07 PM
Are you at the latest version of the app and did you hit the little icon on the right side of the screen that starts the Chapter Event?

Just checked again and the icon is now there. I'm up and runnin'! Thanks netwiz3. :)

Solientus
09-23-16, 05:10 PM
Can someone check my math? Because I'm thinking S8 gave us another impossible task.
Let's say a player plays from 7am to 10pm. That's 15 hours a day with unlimited access to the game.
On day 8, we have to do 40 neighbor requests. Let's say everyone has awesome neighbors and they get 21 on day eight (20+Stormie) and the remaining 19 respond immediately after the S8 day rolls over into day nine. Then you can craft the 8 hour pirate ship right after you wake up. So the ship is finished at 3pm on day 9. Have the first adventure waiting and collect that. Send and collect from adventure 2 and 3, it's now 8pm. The 4th adventure isn't ready until after you are in bed.

Wake up on day 10, collect adventure 4 at 7am and adventure 5 at 9:30am. You're done with combining clues at 7:30pm. You immediately buy and place the Parrot Feeder. At 9:30pm you make your first collection. Let's get extra wishful thinking here and say that drops all the food you need the first time. You have the final adventure waiting to collect and finish at 9:30pm, 30 minutes before you go to bed on the final day.

(1) You have awesome neighbors and get responses right away and overnight, without having to send out any new requests in day 2 (or 3).
(2) You plan ahead and always have an adventure waiting to collect. (not doing so adds 5hrs to the timeline)
(3) You do all the previous days on time so that you start the day 8 tasks on day 8.

I think we all know that there is no way all four of those conditions are accurate.
I added an underline to the above quote

On Chapter 8:

*On Day 8 - get 21 Deckhands
*On Day 9 - get the remaining 19
*build the ship (8hour build)
On Chapter 9:

*Should still be on Day 9 moving into Day 10- get one crumb from Adventure (3 hrs)
*need 4 crumbs more will take 12 hours (if only one per adventure @3hrs per)
*combine the 5 crumbs (10hr craft)
On Chapter 10:

*Will be well into Day 10 probably, buy feeder
*depending on Feeder drops, yet to be reported, but average of 2 per collect every 2hrs (need 25 total), need 12 collects = 24hours
*send out another adventure

Unless less Deckhands needed
Unless more then 1 Crumb per Adventure
Unless more parrot food then estimated per collect

...this isn't looking good. I'd love some additional feedback about numbers. Am I missing/miscalcualting something?

The parrot feeder has consistently dropped 3 each time and you will receive one as a prize when you 'examine the spot'. Unless drop rates vary, plan to collect 8 times.
That's 16 hours to smush in -.-

Can anyone else look at this?
Silver's post is alot more detailed, and now with the info of a max 3 food per drop (from feeder), every 2 hours...I don't see how this event is doable without using Gems.
I hope I'm wrong and I am just missing something.

netwiz3
09-23-16, 05:11 PM
Just checked again and the icon is now there. I'm up and runnin'! Thanks netwiz3. :)

Sure thing... Better to start a day later anyway as it lets you see how everyone gets past the next days hurdle... It looks like with tight timing on days 8, 9 and 10 having a good strategy will be needed.(or perhaps Storm8 will make the goals more reasonable) ;-)

ghjvcucjb
09-23-16, 05:17 PM
Looking ahead and realized I need a pirates tavern. Went to get it but it states I'm maxed out and I need to level up to get one. I'm at max level. Which building to I need to delete so I can make room? I'm afraid I'll start deleting the wrong buildings.TIA

stormyskater
09-23-16, 05:19 PM
Silly question because I hate to spend gems, but I don't remember how it works to gem ahead on chapter quests... if I were on day 3 and finished early and want to gem ahead to day 4. When I finish day 4, will the next calendar day be day 5, or does day 5 start the 5th day of the event regardless of when you played day 4?

netwiz3
09-23-16, 05:21 PM
Looking ahead and realized I need a pirates tavern. Went to get it but it states I'm maxed out and I need to level up to get one. I'm at max level. Which building to I need to delete so I can make room? I'm afraid I'll start deleting the wrong buildings.TIA

Usually the farmhouse is the easiest/quickest to rebuild if necessary if you have built a lot of those for past goals so sell one of those if you have level 1 one.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 05:26 PM
Silly question because I hate to spend gems, but I don't remember how it works to gem ahead on chapter quests... if I were on day 3 and finished early and want to gem ahead to day 4. When I finish day 4, will the next calendar day be day 5, or does day 5 start the 5th day of the event regardless of when you played day 4?

Day 5 would start on the 5th day of the event, so you'd wait 2 days instead of one for the next chapter.

labsandboxers
09-23-16, 05:50 PM
Still having trouble collecting dew from flowers. Any suggestions?

ghjvcucjb
09-23-16, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=netwiz3;1347365]Usually the farmhouse is the easiest/quickest to rebuild if necessary if you have built a lot of those for past goals so sell one of those if you have level 1 one.[/[QUOTE=netwiz3;1347365]

Thank you! That worked! I had to do that once before but ended up deleting the wrong buildings so I now get nervous. Appreciate your help.

ghjvcucjb
09-23-16, 05:51 PM

I've never been able to get dew from flowers so hopefully someone has a good reply to your question.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 05:52 PM
Hi Everyone.

Just want to let you all know SpiritWind is busy attending to personal matters at the moment. She is not kidnapped so you needn't raise ransom coins. I'm sure she misses you all and wish she could be here. She'll be back very very soon. :)

I saw your requests for coolssp on adding steps to Post 1, I have just added that. Have fun and good luck with your goals. Cheers. :D

meme1098
09-23-16, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone.

Just want to let you all know SpiritWind is busy attending to personal matters at the moment. She is not kidnapped so you needn't raise ransom coins. I'm sure she misses you all and wish she could be here. She'll be back very very soon. :)

I saw your requests for coolssp on adding steps to Post 1, I have just added that. Have fun and good luck with your goals. Cheers. :D

Thanks for the update...finally. We were just getting ready to send out the search party ;)

dfmomcat
09-23-16, 05:56 PM
Just a note to those of you freaking out about time:
The chapters don't have to be finished in a day, you just can't start the next til previous one is finished.

S8 usually give us 2 weeks for a story event so if you start on day one and do the first 7 chapters daily, you will still have about a week complete the final 3.

Hope this helps. 

Edit... Just looked at the story and it says 8 days left so S8 may be shortening the time on this one.

Go ahead and freak out LOL

Anaboe
09-23-16, 05:57 PM

Katt proved the last isn't accurate for sure... So somewhere along the way, we must need gems: either to skip the "request 40 from neigbors", or to speed up the parrot-food-thingie.

Does anyone know how much skipping the neighbor-request costs? And how much speeding the parrot-food-thing costs?

ashley224
09-23-16, 05:58 PM

I always prepared for challenges by stocking up and not using anything remotely difficult to get unless I had 75 in stock. This included every crop that takes more than an hour to grow, but especially things like living wood, silver and anything golden. If it is an easy to obtain material like a short time growing crop, wood or stone, then have at least 50 in stock before using for story line. When I had 20 of the simple glue, beams and blocks then I'd make the next level up and keep it in storage, and so on. When you have a lot of glue, beams and blocks of all varieties in storage you are better able to level up any specific building that is required. Then you will be better prepared for timed events.

ashley224
09-23-16, 06:01 PM
Link to 'add me' thread for people needing active nbrs

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93904-Castle-Story-September-2016

Make sure you have 50 active nbrs to send requests to so that the requests roll over to the next day and complete as quickly as possible.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the update...finally. We were just getting ready to send out the search party ;)

Haha don't worry, if she was kidnapped, Kooky and I would be the first to sound the bells and get you all to join in the search party!

Btw You all have been great posting steps and helping each other along, wonderful to see everyone pitching in.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 06:05 PM
Katt proved the last isn't accurate for sure... So somewhere along the way, we must need gems: either to skip the "request 40 from neigbors", or to speed up the parrot-food-thingie.

Does anyone know how much skipping the neighbor-request costs? And how much speeding the parrot-food-thing costs?

It costs 400 gems to skip the neighbor requests. However, I was able to get the 20 requests back in a few hours, then spent 200 gems to skip the 2nd day of requests. It costs 150 gems to skip the parrot food. That was a mistake on my part, because had I known that the feeder drops 3 food each time, it would have only taken 64 gems to just speed up the parrot feeder 8 times. It costs 8 gems to speed it up.

ghjvcucjb
09-23-16, 06:05 PM
Hi Everyone.

Whew. I was just coordinating my search party slash ransom negotiation outfit. One makes me look skinnier than the other but the other has more useful pockets. I'll just set it aside for now and go back to harvesting corn

udittara
09-23-16, 06:19 PM
Should I go on the quest before it asks me to to collect supplies or will nothing drop until the first prompt ? These timed quests give me anxiety I always feel behind if I'm just waiting for the next day

coolssp
09-23-16, 06:22 PM

Hey guys

Thank you for putting everything on first two posts!

Seriously, where is SW

netwiz3
09-23-16, 06:24 PM

Just to re-iterate; There is absolutely no need for Spellbound Dew/Block/Beams for this event and you do not need to upgrade the Pirate Tavern to level 6... This has been confirmed by our resident trailblazer Katt. :)

kdgulle
09-23-16, 06:27 PM
Haha don't worry, if she was kidnapped, Kooky and I would be the first to sound the bells and get you all to join in the search party!

Btw You all have been great posting steps and helping each other along, wonderful to see everyone pitching in.
Is there any way you can talk to the team and have them drop the number of requests required to 20. Also up the drops with the parrot food to say 5 otherwise as the math has been stated. It's going to be impossible to complete.

netwiz3
09-23-16, 06:30 PM
Should I go on the quest before it asks me to to collect supplies or will nothing drop until the first prompt ? These timed quests give me anxiety I always feel behind if I'm just waiting for the next day

You can go ahead and send the Adventure out but there is no reason to collect from it until Goal 3 of chapter 2. It will speed up/check off that goal as soon as you collect from the waiting adventure.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 06:37 PM
Is there any way you can talk to the team and have them drop the number of requests required to 20. Also up the drops with the parrot food to say 5 otherwise as the math has been stated. It's going to be impossible to complete.

Can you drop a post in this thread? I can help you to submit the request. Just so I don't miss your post due to high traffic, send me a private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) with the link if you can. Also bear in mind that there's limited support from S8 over the weekend, I can't promise I'll get a reply sooner but I will try. :)

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 06:43 PM
A tiny bit of good news - the parrot feeder has dropped 4 food for my last 2 collections. So it's possible that you will only need to collect from it 6-7 times.

For anyone who uses gems strategically, the best use of 80 gems would be to start chapter 8 immediately after finishing chapter 7. You could then send out the neighbor requests and have 2 days to get them in before having to tackle chapter 9. I know it's early for this suggestion, but I wanted to put the idea out there so you could start saving gems. Don't forget the 5 gem trade in the trade building. You don't need your gold for this quest, so you could turn it into gems.

topazz77
09-23-16, 06:54 PM
Thanks fashion designer, I tried selling a few buildings but it still says I'm at my limit. I'll try selling farmhouses...yes, that worked, yay, Thanks for the hint ��

netwiz3
09-23-16, 06:58 PM
A tiny bit of good news - the parrot feeder has dropped 4 food for my last 2 collections. So it's possible that you will only need to collect from it 6-7 times.

For anyone who uses gems strategically, the best use of 80 gems would be to start chapter 8 immediately after finishing chapter 7. You could then send out the neighbor requests and have 2 days to get them in before having to tackle chapter 9. I know it's early for this suggestion, but I wanted to put the idea out there so you could start saving gems. Don't forget the 5 gem trade in the trade building. You don't need your gold for this quest, so you could turn it into gems.

Katt, Thanks so much for continuing to collect from your items to gather data that is useful for the rest of us! Your efforts are definitely greatly appreciated! :)

janddolphins
09-23-16, 06:59 PM
Just a note to those of you freaking out about time:
The chapters don't have to be finished in a day, you just can't start the next til previous one is finished.

S8 usually give us 2 weeks for a story event so if you start on day one and do the first 7 chapters daily, you will still have about a week complete the final 3.

Edit... Just looked at the story and it says 8 days left so S8 may be shortening the time on this one.

Go ahead and freak out LOL

It is always 10 days from the day you start. Every chapter event has been this way since the start. But as you said you don't need a full day for certain chapters. So for example to collect from 40 neighbors that will take one full day but on the second day you may finish in a few hours to get 20 people and then move on to the next chapter which is meant for that day anyway and you catch right up to where you are supposed to be. It seems like it might not be doable when looking but thinking of it this way then it makes it more manageable.
Hope this helps. 

MeganT87
09-23-16, 07:01 PM
Am I the only one who is waiting for chapter 2 to start? I finished Chapter 1 right away and my timer said 20hrs until next chapter and I am still waiting with a little under 5 hours to go!

MeganT87
09-23-16, 07:05 PM
I know there's usually a wait time with each chapter, but I feel like my timer is going slower than usual lol especially when I see all the posts.

Solientus
09-23-16, 07:08 PM
Can you drop a post in this thread? I can help you to submit the request. Just so I don't miss your post due to high traffic, send me a private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) with the link if you can. Also bear in mind that there's limited support from S8 over the weekend, I can't promise I'll get a reply sooner but I will try. :)

Thanks Ryne for popping in. It's appreciated. I don't mind spending Gems (whether free or bought) but these few Chapters at the end just don't seem doable without spending.

Just for a little balance, I enjoy the pirate theme with Halloween coming up and all. The little cartographers desk is very cute and I've already set up gnome Thurston to work in front of it! So for passing on Info's, there's good too :)

netwiz3
09-23-16, 07:09 PM
I know there's usually a wait time with each chapter, but I feel like my timer is going slower than usual lol especially when I see all the posts.
With chapter events day 1 starts based on each player pushing the start button on their own... The next day always starts at Midnight California time so it sounds like in your case you just started today instead of yesterday. That's fine and actually not a bad idea to allow you extra time to see what the next goals are to prepare for... You'll still have the exact same amount of days as everyone else.

Hope that helps!

:)

riverly
09-23-16, 07:17 PM
I know there's usually a wait time with each chapter, but I feel like my timer is going slower than usual lol especially when I see all the posts.keep checking the first page and be prepared for next chapters. Then you can zip right through and get "caught up". Btw I'm just now finishing chapter 2. . So you're not far behind. This forum is amazing and keep checking back in as often as you can.

kdgulle
09-23-16, 07:28 PM
Thanks Ryne for popping in. It's appreciated. I don't mind spending Gems (whether free or bought) but these few Chapters at the end just don't seem doable without spending.

Just for a little balance, I enjoy the pirate theme with Halloween coming up and all. The little cartographers desk is very cute and I've already set up gnome Thurston to work in front of it! So for passing on Info's, there's good too :)
Thanks for doing the math, I've been busy. I haven't had time to go through everything. I sent a pm. Hopefully we will see changes soon.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 07:39 PM

Thanks for doing the math, I've been busy. I haven't had time to go through everything. I sent a pm. Hopefully we will see changes soon.

Thanks for your help! I've submitted them.

kattkrazie
09-23-16, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all the earth wisp sent my way!!! And thanks to ashley224 for her thoughtful request! This is an incredibly helpful forum. Players who don't use the forum are missing a valuable tool.

OnlyOneRamoth
09-23-16, 08:22 PM

My troll area was also huge. I chopped him and tried again he is better.

justmine2
09-23-16, 09:08 PM
Many thanks for the new neighbor request!

jabbottscott
09-23-16, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all the earth wisp sent my way!!! And thanks to ashley224 for her thoughtful request! This is an incredibly helpful forum. Players who don't use the forum are missing a valuable tool.

I agree! I don't post much but I lurk like crazy and I am so grateful to everyone who contributes here. I check the forum for everything now! Also I play every day and check in multiple times so if anyone needs a new neighbor to help out with the items feel free to send me a request!

Stymie52
09-23-16, 11:16 PM
The shipwrecked trolls in chapter 5 are cuter than cute! Wish we could keep one in our kingdoms.

RevdKathy
09-24-16, 12:21 AM
Have to say this is the best Storybook event I've ever taken part in. So far no relentless chopping, harvesting or raising/tending animals. We are doing lots of different things, using a range of buildings (so no worry about losing the use of your workshop or kitchen for the whole week) and the 'visit this' levels are pretty reasonable. I haven't had to suddenly craft a load of high level blocks or beams.

Good work so far S8. It's actually fun!

Though I'm still worried about SW.

ETA. What do we need the black cloth for that we can craft? I don't see it in the goals list.

Milkybilly
09-24-16, 01:42 AM
Sorry if I have missed it, but I am wondering why we have the option to craft the black cloth?

GlvtenFree
09-24-16, 02:11 AM
Sorry if I have missed it, but I am wondering why we have the option to craft the black cloth?
So you can make more pirates flags in the workbench :)

tartarosfalling
09-24-16, 02:18 AM
For chapter 3, goal 4 -- go on an adventure --- is that the act of SENDING knights on an adventure or COLLECTING from the end? Trying to figure if I should start an adventure now

AnisWa
09-24-16, 02:26 AM
For chapter 3, goal 4 -- go on an adventure --- is that the act of SENDING knights on an adventure or COLLECTING from the end? Trying to figure if I should start an adventure now

I started the adventure before I went to bed last night, now it's 4:00am, I'll have an advantage once the 3hrs is up for goal 3 of Chapter 3. Just remember not to tap it before that time.