PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story : 9/22 Update - X Marks the Spot

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

meme1098
09-29-16, 01:51 PM
Not sure how to add more than one quote thanks meme
Thank you.

You're welcome.
If you want more than 1 quote in your post, first tap the little quote button with the plus over on the far bottom of each window. Then tap the Reply to Thread button way over on the left.

You were right meme... Was able to still send to her and she now has got the needed 20 replies... I also started counting and have over 30 replies sent in last hour or so with a ton previous sent so think we can call the limit on replies sent daily as "myth busted" as well. :)

Oh, wow. That's great at least we can help as many nbrs as need it.
And did I say welcome yet. Have so many new members have forgotten who I've welcomed...lol

88silver
09-29-16, 02:03 PM
You were right meme... Was able to still send to her and she now has got the needed 20 replies... I also started counting and have over 30 replies sent in last hour or so with a ton previous sent so think we can call the limit on replies sent daily as "myth busted" as well. :)

Well, somethings is broken. Because when I sent requests out to my neighbors this morning, I was given the error that I had already asked three of them--and "coincidentally" my three most active neighbors have not responded.

(And I'm actually still short of the 20 I need. I had three neighbor requests today. I accepted and sent requests to all of them. I've received back two of those three. I'm not sure if you are one of those three or not.)

meme1098
09-29-16, 02:04 PM
Well, somethings is broken. Because when I sent requests out to my neighbors this morning, I was given the error that I had already asked three of them--and "coincidentally" my three most active neighbors have not responded.

(And I'm actually still short of the 20 I need. I had three neighbor requests today. I accepted and sent requests to all of them. I've received back two of those three. I'm not sure if you are one of those three or not.)

Send me a nbr request, 88. I'll help you get this done.

Edit: I sent you a nbr request. Accept and send me a deckhand request.

deejud
09-29-16, 02:06 PM
Yes, I got one too

netwiz3
09-29-16, 02:11 PM

Case of mistaken identity... another user with same problem that reached 20. Just sent you a neighbor request(DragonsLair is Kingdom). Send me a request and I'll respond asap. :)

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-16, 02:11 PM

Me too, I'm on right now and will sent it ASAP.

I agree something's broken...I have a neighbor who sent me a request and I sent her one, and neither of us received the others. And I also got the "you've already sent requests to these neighbors" message for about 4 of mine...I haven't requested anything in weeks (since the last timed event requiring it)

meme1098
09-29-16, 02:13 PM
The system is screwed up with this new update they're working on...lol

spanisheyes1
09-29-16, 02:14 PM
Still no cat for me but I just got a dragon hoard. I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it but it looked impressive when it dropped.

I asked this several pages back but it got missed in the general and more interesting stuff. I went away and tried to find something on my own. All I could sort was some stuff at the start of this thread saying it was super rare to have this drop but not what it did. Anyone want to swap as I would rather have a cute kitty.
I should have made this clearer. What is Dragon Hoard and what does it do?

netwiz3
09-29-16, 02:16 PM
I asked this several pages back but it got missed in the general and more interesting stuff. I went away and tried to find something on my own. All I could sort was some stuff at the start of this thread saying it was super rare to have this drop but not what it did. Anyone want to swap as I would rather have a cute kitty.
It's just a decoration... You can either decorate with it or store it and yes I would trade or even give away a cat or 4 if I could to those who want at least one. :)

spanisheyes1
09-29-16, 02:17 PM
It's just a decoration... You can either decorate with it or store it and yes I would trade or even give away a cat or 4 if I could to those who want at least one. :)
Thanks for the quick reply. It is too big so it goes in the junk room.

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-16, 02:19 PM

It is deco only. And was originally a prize from a special event...(sorry, I can't remember which one at the moment) mine is in storage. The treasure hunter cat was origionally released in the barons tent and it drops the normal cat/dog drops plus occasionally silver (and I think jewels). It's the better prize for sure...I hope you get one!

Britilina
09-29-16, 02:23 PM
I should have made this clearer. What is Dragon Hoard and what does it do?

The Dragon Hoard is just a really awesome deco. No drops. 😢

I and a lot of others have our dragon fleets parked around the Hoard.

netwiz3
09-29-16, 02:25 PM
It is deco only. And was originally a prize from a special event...(sorry, I can't remember which one at the moment) mine is in storage. The treasure hunter cat was origionally released in the barons tent and it drops the normal cat/dog drops plus occasionally silver (and I think jewels). It's the better prize for sure...I hope you get one!

(Dragon slinks away sadly that he can't get any more hoards or paths and doesn't mention that he just now got his 6th Cat) :(

Zirilka
09-29-16, 02:40 PM
The dragon hoard comes from the ice and fire event.

Nikospets
09-29-16, 02:45 PM
All of a sudden a house appeared where the vacant spot was! Does anyone else have this happening?

netwiz3
09-29-16, 02:52 PM
All of a sudden a house appeared where the vacant spot was! Does anyone else have this happening?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94479-Random-expansion

Nikospets
09-29-16, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much netwiz3 for sending me to the correct thread!

88silver
09-29-16, 03:01 PM

Send me a nbr request, 88. I'll help you get this done.

Edit: I sent you a nbr request. Accept and send me a deckhand request.

Case of mistaken identity... another user with same problem that reached 20. Just sent you a neighbor request(DragonsLair is Kingdom). Send me a request and I'll respond asap. :)

Me too, I'm on right now and will sent it ASAP.

I agree something's broken...I have a neighbor who sent me a request and I sent her one, and neither of us received the others. And I also got the "you've already sent requests to these neighbors" message for about 4 of mine...I haven't requested anything in weeks (since the last timed event requiring it)

Thank you! I got the final responses in and am building the ship now. :o

netwiz3
09-29-16, 03:03 PM

Congratulations! :)

meme1098
09-29-16, 03:03 PM

Yay! That's great!

CeceYumYummy
09-29-16, 03:15 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94479-Random-expansion

Love you guys just noticed when visiting thanks for this!

netwiz3
09-29-16, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much netwiz3 for sending me to the correct thread!

That was so 5 minutes ago... Here's the right link now: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves

scotslassuk
09-29-16, 03:42 PM
I accidentally upgraded the pirate tavern to Level 4 and need to visit a level 3 tavern one more time. What do I do? It won't let me buy another. Help!

I am a day behind as I went a whole day without finding any pirate trolls after my first one. Finally that was fixed and I managed to get enough for the first time and also the second.

DON'T PANIC!! Your tavern will count even it it's lvl6!!😊

tazdeil
09-29-16, 04:06 PM
I am having troubles getting my last 3 deckhands. I have sent neighbour requests to netwiz3 , meme and PrincessCupOButter. I hope you don't mind. Thanking you in advance.

bisonbuy
09-29-16, 04:24 PM
I too have the house that appeared out of nowhere in a spot that should be expansion. ????? Very cute, but I have no idea what it is or where it came

⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ #56

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-16, 04:31 PM

Yay! Congrats!

I am having troubles getting my last 3 deckhands. I have sent neighbour requests to netwiz3 , meme and PrincessCupOButter. I hope you don't mind. Thanking you in advance.

Deckhand sent! Glad to help. :)

PrincessCupOButter
09-29-16, 04:33 PM
I too have the house that appeared out of nowhere in a spot that should be expansion. ????? Very cute, but I have no idea what it is or where it came

⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ #56
New update. :-)
This thread will explain it!
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94478-Castle-Story-9-29-Update-The-Elves

babysx1
09-29-16, 04:35 PM
18 replies out of 126 neighbours - really.
Can anyone help

Rosethornshurt
09-29-16, 04:44 PM
Can anyone help

Neighbor invitation sent. Awaiting deckhand request.

Rosethornshurt
09-29-16, 04:51 PM
Can anyone help

Deckhand sent!
Also check out this thread to find other new neighbors willing to help with this.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94398-**-Add-me-Only-for-quot-X-Marks-The-Spot-quot-event-**

babysx1
09-29-16, 04:51 PM
Neighbor invitation sent. Awaiting deckhand request.

Sent dechand request

Animalioz
09-29-16, 04:52 PM
Hi.
I'm at Chapter 7 - Goal 3/3,- Craft a Pirates Wardrobe. The Pirate Wardrobe was just finished crafted. But when I tabbed on Swabbies Workbench the loading screen with the horse came up. And after it was done loading my game says that i'm still on Chapter 7 - Goal 3/3. Now I don't have enough materials to craft a new one either..... :( I miss the hat and coat.

So please Storm8, is it possible for you to figure out what's wrong here? Since I was supposed to be ready for Chapter 8 now.... And yes, I have tried closing the game and opened it again three times without any luck.... :(

Rosethornshurt
09-29-16, 04:53 PM
Sent dechand request

Hehe, we posted at the same time. See post #780

tazdeil
09-29-16, 04:57 PM
Big thanks to everyone who helped out. My pirate ship is under construction and I'm back in the game.
I'm still on line fo a little while so will help out with requests for other stranded players

babysx1
09-29-16, 05:00 PM
Thank you am building pirate ship now

Rosethornshurt
09-29-16, 05:12 PM
Hi.
I'm at Chapter 7 - Goal 3/3,- Craft a Pirates Wardrobe. The Pirate Wardrobe was just finished crafted. But when I tabbed on Swabbies Workbench the loading screen with the horse came up. And after it was done loading my game says that i'm still on Chapter 7 - Goal 3/3. Now I don't have enough materials to craft a new one either..... :( I miss the hat and coat.

So please Storm8, is it possible for you to figure out what's wrong here? Since I was supposed to be ready for Chapter 8 now.... And yes, I have tried closing the game and opened it again three times without any luck.... :(

I would continue to try force closing and opening, sometimes it takes several tries.
Or perhaps make a pirate flag in the Swabbies workbench to push through some stuck notification.
Or PM SpiritWind00 or another Mod for suggestions.
Or, if all else fails, email S8 at support@storm8.com

Mariomom58
09-29-16, 05:19 PM
I need 7 more deckhands. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Mariomom58

KekeAndLittle
09-29-16, 05:43 PM
I need 7 more deckhands. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Mariomom58

Just sent you a friend request. Will send deck hand as soon as possible

Em_storm
09-29-16, 05:56 PM
At the rate things are going with the Follow the Treasure Map adventure I'm gonna to have to rename my kingdom Heaven because the streets will be paved with gold.

Mariomom58
09-29-16, 06:06 PM
Thank you everyone for the requests. I was really panicking! The days are counting down!

ashley224
09-29-16, 06:15 PM
Please delete

riverly
09-29-16, 06:26 PM
I need 7 more deckhands. Can anyone help me out. Thanks. Mariomom58i messed up, please resend request. Sorry!!!

vickielea
09-29-16, 06:40 PM
Please help! I need neighbors! My kingdom is Vickielea's. I need deck hands. I only have 7 neighbors that have answered. I think most of my neighbors have quit the game so I need new neighbors!

meme1098
09-29-16, 06:43 PM
Please help! I need neighbors! My kingdom is Vickielea's. I need deck hands. I only have 7 neighbors that have answered. I think most of my neighbors have quit the game so I need new neighbors!

Have you checked out the X Marks the spot Add Me thread?
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94398-**-Add-me-Only-for-quot-X-Marks-The-Spot-quot-event-**

Animalioz
09-29-16, 07:04 PM
I would continue to try force closing and opening, sometimes it takes several tries.
Or perhaps make a pirate flag in the Swabbies workbench to push through some stuck notification.
Or PM SpiritWind00 or another Mod for suggestions.
Or, if all else fails, email S8 at support@storm8.com

Thanks for your tip. I will continue force closing and opening the game and hopefully I will get lucky :) And I have sent a message to SpiritWind00 :)

Animalioz
09-29-16, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your tip. I will continue force closing and opening the game and hopefully I will get lucky :) And I have sent a message to SpiritWind00 :)

And p.s. this is actually the first time I'm having trouble with an event 🙃

kumkibaby
09-29-16, 09:24 PM
Still waiting for helping hands. Need just two more... :(

Most of the old neighbours are not playing I think..

comeseecomesah
09-30-16, 12:54 AM
Slightly off topic...does anyone know what is going on with the new empty space? There is a new space that opened up on my board without my purchasing it but when I try to put the Royal Manor there it refreshes and puts the building back into my inventory.

Yes... Katt was mentioning that to us also... It's now on every Kingdom... Looks strange on mine as I have animals around my border and now they are around an open space...

Also noticed a new trade ticket sale with Rainbow pots... Maybe an expansion coming today?

Yesterday mine was an open space but today I have 2 buildings on it, both look the same but 1 smaller than the other & I hav'nt seen those buildings before. They have purple roofs. Not bad looking. Maybe they will be available soon. I say they but it looks like it's all 1 item with the 2 buildings. This is on both my kingdoms. Wooo.... Halloweeny stuff maybe mwaahahaaaaa

Oh and I like all my pirate stuff......thats on topic.

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 01:51 AM
As to the best way to ask neighbors, the post said ask the ones most likely to respond first. So if I ask all of my neighbors at the same time the game only sends requests to the first 20 on my list? Not sure how to pick and choose, by the ones that have visited my kingdom recently or those that have 3 or more hearts? I have lots of neighbors but not sure how to tell if they are likely to respond other than that.
I have around 100 neighbours and I sent it to all of them and I received them back in less than 10 mins - I have always noticed that it seems to send to all but I could be wrong??

spanisheyes1
09-30-16, 02:17 AM
I had an adventure cooking overnight but didnt touch it. Opened the Event icon and then followed the treasure map and then opened the adventure and was given the crumbs + yet another golden road.
Set another adventure cooking expecting to need three in total so I was frivolous and spent 2 gems to finish early, this proved very frivolous and un-needed. That was all I needed, just the two adventures. Now swabbies is busy for the next ten hours combining the clues and it will be finished 9pm local time so an early night and ready for the long trawl of birdseed tomorrow.

sblsn
09-30-16, 03:11 AM
My crumbs are not counting! I had an adventure ready to go this morning, so moved on to the net part of the goal. Sent another adventure, collected (only 1 crumb) and sent a third.... checked my chapter info and it is saying I have 0/5 crumbs! It's not even counting the one from the original adventure which i must have done to move on to the second goal of the chapter! So not much chance of me completing if my crumbs don't count :( I have tried force closing twice now as that has worked on the same type of problem in the past... nothing, still on 0/5 crumbs :(

Edit: btw I don't post often but always check the goals on here so would like to say thank you to Spirit Wind and players like Katt who gem ahead to give the rest of us a chance of completing!

OMG I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!! um.... crumbs count fine when you give them... you know, like it says in the first post *blushes furiously*

Thanks again so much for all the help on here, I was really panicking lol :rolleyes:

perry5
09-30-16, 03:27 AM
Sbisn: thought I was having same problem at first. Goal 2 is to give the crumbs you collect on adventure--it is not a counter of how many crumbs have dropped. Tap"give" and any crumbs in your inventory will register (and be given away).

2joos
09-30-16, 03:33 AM
A building appeared on my game but I don't know how to post the picture

BufftonHeights
09-30-16, 03:40 AM
A building appeared on my game but I don't know how to post the picture

There is a whole new update in the App Store introducing elves and a new currency! How exciting is that on top of this wonderful pirate adventure.

catu1313
09-30-16, 03:47 AM
What building is used to build the pirate ship? Thanks! ��

BufftonHeights
09-30-16, 03:49 AM
What building is used to build the pirate ship? Thanks! ��

The pirate swabbie workbench. .

catu1313
09-30-16, 03:54 AM
Oh gosh! Never mind, I had a troll open on my game and so it comes,Evelyn blocked my pirate workshop and completely forgot that was there! LOL

catu1313
09-30-16, 03:55 AM
Thanks so much for the quick reply BufftonHeights! Can't believe I forgot I had the workbench (it was blocked out by a troll I was ignoring LOL)!

transberry
09-30-16, 04:24 AM
Just had a huge bonus collected from wedding alicorn and it gave 100 energy

Never had this happen

ashley224
09-30-16, 04:59 AM
Revised based on Sourp4tch's news on only 20 responses needed and details on possible drop rates! Here are day 8-10 timelines:

Chapter 8:

Goal 1 Visit community kingdoms 0/20
(No time <5 minutes)
Goal 2 Ask neighbors for deckhands 0/20 | Goal prize - ship plans
(Ask 40 or so of your most active neighbors so the responses come back fastest... I like separating into most active 20 and follow immediately with next fastest 20 based on knowing my neighbors)

(Wait for 20 responses total.(guessing this takes 4 hours)
Goal 3 Build a pirate ship | Requires 1 ship plan, 1 super glue, 50 wood. Takes 8 hrs. Footprint is 2x3.
(Make sure to finish building Pirate ship on day 8 to give as much time as possible on 9 and 10)

Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 | Go on the adventure again. Drops 1-4 crumbs
(This should be sent out ahead of time and waiting)
Goal 2 Inspect the crumbs 0/5 | Adventure to find crumbs. May require 4 more adventures as each dropped 1-4 crumb. Goal prize - a Cracker.
(Wait 2.5 hours and hope for 4 crumbs or that first and 2nd adventure drop 5 total)
(Takes 2.5-10 hours total worst case)
Goal 3 Combine the clues 0/1 | Swabbie's Workbench, 10 hours - 1 piracy guide, 1 treasure map, 1 cracker. Goal prize - The Spot
(Get this started as early on day 9 as possible)

Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Examine "The Spot" 0/1 EXAMINE | Goal prize - parrot food
(Requires no time)
Goal 2 Buy a parrot feeder. Costs 500 coins.
Goal 3 Give parrot food 0/25 | Collect from parrot feeder(Drops 3,4, or 6). 2 hr. timer. Be sure to click on 'give' in the book as you collect.
(Collect every 2 hours until reach 25 feed total. 4-8 collections required to reach 25 food)

Goal 4 Follow the Treasure Map 0/1 | Go on the adventure again. GRAND PRIZE: THE PARROT
Have Adventure waiting to collect immediately after 25 feed given.

Congrats you made it through another chapter event!
Digging this out to help others find it

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 05:08 AM
Digging this out to help others find it

Thank u Ashley.. just what I need

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 06:33 AM
I got 2 crumbs from 2nd adventure

transberry
09-30-16, 06:40 AM
Got 4 crumbs on 1st adventure, a lot easier than thought at 1 each I'd get behind due to work next 3 days

Last few of these been finishing right at last hour or less lol

Always finish though

PrincessCupOButter
09-30-16, 07:14 AM
First adventure yielded 2 crumbs and....drumroll.....a gold path. 21 and counting, but I did manage to at least get a treasure kitty from all those adventures. I guess threatening to take the Knights' bacon away worked! Lol

PanicMood
09-30-16, 07:18 AM
Still no kitty for me after adventuring no stop for 9 days... I feel so dejected...

meme1098
09-30-16, 07:24 AM
First adventure yielded 2 crumbs and....drumroll.....a gold path. 21 and counting, but I did manage to at least get a treasure kitty from all those adventures. I guess threatening to take the Knights' bacon away worked! Lol

I guess that's what I'll have to do. Alright, my knights will be venturing forth on grits alone...no bacon for you. (Soup nazi just came to mind :D)

aurora171
09-30-16, 07:24 AM
Still no kitty for me after adventuring no stop for 9 days... I feel so dejected...

You're not alone! Maybe we should form a support group for those of us struggling to find the kitty. My knights are clearly confused, as they seem to be venturing into Oz bringing back lots of Yellow Brick Road!

Den8137259
09-30-16, 07:37 AM
I might need to burn 160 gems to get the parrot ..

The chapter interval is far too long and expensive :p

daylily9
09-30-16, 07:43 AM
That would be a great idea ! My knights listen to me like my children use to. I say go find me a treasure kitty and they come back saying oohh I thought you wanted another gold path.

FrostedThings
09-30-16, 07:49 AM
Hey guys, I have a lot of neighbors who don't respond to my requests and I really need to finish this goal. I would be forever grateful if some of you sent me friend requests, so I can have active neighbors who respond.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 07:56 AM
Hey guys, I have a lot of neighbors who don't respond to my requests and I really need to finish this goal. I would be forever grateful if some of you sent me friend requests, so I can have active neighbors who respond.ok
Sent invitation :)

maz3girl
09-30-16, 08:02 AM
I have been completing every step early and i'm on step 6 but my timer says 4 days left. Are you really sure i'm going to finish without using gems? (I prob don't have enough gems to do anything anyway).

netwiz3
09-30-16, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, I have a lot of neighbors who don't respond to my requests and I really need to finish this goal. I would be forever grateful if some of you sent me friend requests, so I can have active neighbors who respond.

Added... How many more replies do you need? (Remember to force quit to check the true reply status periodically)

netwiz3
09-30-16, 08:04 AM
I have been completing every step early and i'm on step 6 but my timer says 4 days left. Are you really sure i'm going to finish without using gems? (I prob don't have enough gems to do anything anyway).

As long as you've looked ahead in the 1st post and recent timing threads you'll be fine if you have all the right items ready and can keep sending adventures.

ktorewqas
09-30-16, 08:04 AM
Hey guys, I have a lot of neighbors who don't respond to my requests and I really need to finish this goal. I would be forever grateful if some of you sent me friend requests, so I can have active neighbors who respond.there is an add me post, you could send invitation there :) I still have not got any request from you.

LIVELYoANDoLOVELY
09-30-16, 08:07 AM
What is 'Parrot food'?

aurora171
09-30-16, 08:07 AM
That would be a great idea ! My knights listen to me like my children use to. I say go find me a treasure kitty and they come back saying oohh I thought you wanted another gold path.

We're going to have to start putting our Knights on the naughty step as well ... although they'll probably forget five minutes after time out's finished like my kids do!

LIVELYoANDoLOVELY
09-30-16, 08:08 AM
Add me if u like. LIVELYoANDoLOVELY

meme1098
09-30-16, 08:34 AM
What is 'Parrot food'?

Check the first post of this thread.
It's a drop from the parrot feeder you buy in Chapt.10.
That chapter will be nip & tuck for many, myself included. Good luck!:)

nessa005
09-30-16, 08:50 AM
Can any one please tell me how many gems to get to chapter 10. I have 7 hours left to wait for Combine. Going to be out all day tomorrow with no wifi. Thanks

⚔TSS⚔

Thanks for answering on my wall, great neighbour! 100 gems

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 09:07 AM

sent u invitation

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 09:26 AM
Just informing that the 'Adventure to Find Crumbs' disappears once you have found them all. Don't forget to tap the "Give" tab. The Adventure 'Follow the Treasure Map' remains.. so more possibilities in finding the Cat if you wish.
Lots of Luck!

maz3girl
09-30-16, 09:30 AM
As long as you've looked ahead in the 1st post and recent timing threads you'll be fine if you have all the right items ready and can keep sending adventures.

I just finished step 6 and step 7 will unlock at 2 am est. lol This is prob why I feel behind. They are always starting at such off times.

netwiz3
09-30-16, 10:23 AM
I just finished step 6 and step 7 will unlock at 2 am est. lol This is prob why I feel behind. They are always starting at such off times.

As long as you finish the current day before midnight you are always fine... With chapter events, its nice in that you can start 4 days late and watch everyone else finish the "future" days and hear any potential hurdles/bugs. With the adjustment of day 8 requests to 20, even if you currently don't have that many neighbors who are active you'll have plenty of time to reach out to other players that are willing to help you out.

Best of luck and do reach out if you do hit a hurdle and we'll try to help you through it. :)

casteletto
09-30-16, 11:49 AM
Despite sending a lot of requests for deckhands, I've been stuck on 19/20 for 9 hours now. I've even sent requests to new neighbours a couple of hours ago, but nothing. Any suggestions?

kdgulle
09-30-16, 11:51 AM
Despite sending a lot of requests for deckhands, I've been stuck on 19/20 for 9 hours now. I've even sent requests to new neighbours a couple of hours ago, but nothing. Any suggestions?

Did you send one to stormie yet?

casteletto
09-30-16, 11:56 AM
Did you send one to stormie yet?

Yes, (Stormie's Castle, yes?), and got a response.

kdgulle
09-30-16, 12:00 PM
Yes, (Stormie's Castle, yes?), and got a response.

Let me add you then send me one
Let me know when you sent it on my wall thanks

purrdue5
09-30-16, 12:03 PM
I seem to have a problem with neighbor requests. When reading abou the 40 request before it was changed I went to the adding nbr & added several new. I allowed myself 18 hrs for returns & still only 18 requests back so finished with gems for the 20. Thank goodness I didn't need the 40. I probably had 18 before adding. What in the world happened? Any ideas for the next time? Sure wish they didn't have on timed goals.

casteletto
09-30-16, 12:10 PM
Let me add you then send me one
Let me know when you sent it on my wall thanks

Done, and I posted on your wall.

kdgulle
09-30-16, 12:14 PM
Ok I posted back on your wall. I didn't get your request unfortunately.

Guardian452
09-30-16, 12:19 PM

I have the same problem. I've checked with a couple of neighbours who have multiple accounts and they said they didn't receive any of my requests. This is an ongoing issue with neighbour requests in many S8 games where requests are sent, but not received until after a delay, sometimes several days.

casteletto
09-30-16, 12:21 PM
Ok I posted back on your wall. I didn't get your request unfortunately.

Hmmmm, it told me you'd been notified.
Does anyone know how many gems to speed up the parrot feeder (so I can try and plan ahead)? I've tried looking through the posts but not spotted this?

scotslassuk
09-30-16, 01:23 PM
These requests are a joke yes it tells us our nbrs have been notified but when the request comes in TOO LATE to help what's the point in doing these timed quests? I have added loads of new nbrs in the hope to help them yet no notifications.....yet! Come on S8 you really need to help us out here am now either not going to finish unless I gem ahead......don't need a parrot that badly I have to say. So once again put it down to DELAY

barbarix
09-30-16, 01:33 PM
Does anybody know how much time is left?
The button in the game says 2 days but when I open the remaining goal items it says 1 day???

kdgulle
09-30-16, 01:36 PM
Does anybody know how much time is left?
The button in the game says 2 days but when I open the remaining goal items it says 1 day???
You have just over a day left. Not sure what time zone your in I'm in eastern that means at 3 am, I'll have 24 hours to complete chapter 10. So I have to have mine completed by 2:59 am the next morning.

barbarix
09-30-16, 01:41 PM
I am Europe, but I can calculage from there, thanks����

newpam575
09-30-16, 01:51 PM
Here Kitty Kitty! I have lots of fish for you!

PS Kinghts " No soup for you!"

rmmorey
09-30-16, 02:07 PM
I agree with you doubt I will finish waiting for neighbors and not gems to get !!!

spanisheyes1
09-30-16, 02:40 PM
Just informing that the 'Adventure to Find Crumbs' disappears once you have found them all. Don't forget to tap the "Give" tab. The Adventure 'Follow the Treasure Map' remains.. so more possibilities in finding the Cat if you wish.
Lots of Luck!
Moon, I am being a bit thick here but can I ask a bit further? Can you stretch out the steps for the end of the adventure please? What I am really asking is you say it disappears once you find all the crumbs, so when do you get the blasted parrot? This is the very first that I have a chance of finishing (note the word 'chance') and I would like to be prepared. Thanks.

kattkrazie
09-30-16, 02:54 PM
Here Kitty Kitty! I have lots of fish for you!

PS Kinghts " No soup for you!"

Here I am!!! Oh, you were probably calling a treasure kitty. Will a gem kitty do??

Proud owner of Thaukie Sword #68

netwiz3
09-30-16, 02:55 PM
Moon, I am being a bit thick here but can I ask a bit further? Can you stretch out the steps for the end of the adventure please? What I am really asking is you say it disappears once you find all the crumbs, so when do you get the blasted parrot? This is the very first that I have a chance of finishing (note the word 'chance') and I would like to be prepared. Thanks.

Oh she was just stating in Chapter 9 you are Adventuring to find crumbs... Once you've found at least 5 crumbs and give them completing that goal you move along to the next task. Also there is still the "normal" "Follow the Treasure Map" you can continue to do until you finish all the tasks... Once every goal in Chapter 10 is done(you've got 25 parrot feed and give them) you simply collect from that adventure to get the parrot.

DrP4ever
09-30-16, 03:06 PM
So my device keeps freezing at the hotel, must be poor wifi and now it has somehow advanced me to the next day, which I won't be able to finish and lost 90 gems. I really dislike the lack of confirmation. So not on,y will I not finish I am out 90 gems!!, boo

netwiz3
09-30-16, 03:08 PM
So my device keeps freezing at the hotel, must be poor wifi and now it has somehow advanced me to the next day, which I won't be able to finish and lost 90 gems. I really dislike the lack of confirmation. So not on,y will I not finish I am out 90 gems!!, boo

What's blocking you from finishing day 9? Just 2 or 3 adventures has gotten most people past it. Keep plugging away and you may finish yet.

spanisheyes1
09-30-16, 03:31 PM
Thanks Net. All I can say is it is late (Spain) and I am exhausted. In a different game universe I am doing a searching event that has my shoulder aching and my eyes crossing. As I said this might (everything crossed) be the first one of these that I have ever completed so I am getting quite excited. Watch! It will be just my luck to have another thunderstorm with attendant power loss or something else to get in the way.

spanisheyes1
09-30-16, 03:36 PM
Are you saying it took 90 gems off you to advance? That sucks. As Net says you should be able to do day 9 even with 'slow fi' as against 'wifi'. Is there no internet cafe close?

mefys2
09-30-16, 03:48 PM
Has anyone had issues with the pirate tavern? Can't get it to appear properly, but I've seen it with neighbours. Any ideas?

netwiz3
09-30-16, 04:50 PM
Has anyone had issues with the pirate tavern? Can't get it to appear properly, but I've seen it with neighbours. Any ideas?

Maybe the version of the App you are running? What type of device are you on and what version of CS are you using?

mehershey
09-30-16, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know how many parrot food we will get from each visit to the feeder? With a two hour reset, I'm hoping for 5-8 each time or there is no physical way to finish!

netwiz3
09-30-16, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know how many parrot food we will get from each visit to the feeder? With a two hour reset, I'm hoping for 5-8 each time or there is no physical way to finish!
3,4 or 6 feed are dropped every 2 hours... plus the feed you got for completing goal 1 make it VERY possible to finish the goal as long as you collect pretty frequently.(set an alarm)

riverly
09-30-16, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know how many parrot food we will get from each visit to the feeder? With a two hour reset, I'm hoping for 5-8 each time or there is no physical way to finish!be sure you have the last adventure ready to collect!!!

auroragal
09-30-16, 06:46 PM
Lower level player differences I've found so far-
You only need level 3 farmhouse and level 3 jeweler in chapter 4
You need to collect from cottages 5 times, not 8, in chapter 5

I'm currently level 31. I will keep posting if this helps other lower levels. Here's hoping I don't need a level 5 concervatory
PyrrhaForever

If you are a lower level. I was working on upgrading my jeweller and my conservatory in the background to level 5 and it only asked for level 3.

caron7
09-30-16, 07:24 PM
How do we know exactly when event will expire? Mine says two days outside, but one day when I click inside. I started right away when it popped up, but am not sure how much time I actually have for the last chapter...

netwiz3
09-30-16, 07:26 PM
How do we know exactly when event will expire? Mine says two days outside, but one day when I click inside. I started right away when it popped up, but am not sure how much time I actually have for the last chapter...

Chapter events always end at 11:59pm Pacific time on the 10th day. (10th day varies depending when you started)

caron7
09-30-16, 07:51 PM
Thank you. :)

jaymieb2
09-30-16, 08:17 PM
Mine says three days outside and two days inside. I have completed the goals for each day, and had to wait for the next chapter to open. I have not fallen behind.

I am on Chapter 8, and am fine if the outside timer is correct. But if the two say inside timer is correct, I have mysteriously lost a day and will not have enough time to complete the last chapter. :-(

rleethalme
09-30-16, 08:50 PM
Mine says three days outside and two days inside. I have completed the goals for each day, and had to wait for the next chapter to open. I have not fallen behind.

I am on Chapter 8, and am fine if the outside timer is correct. But if the two say inside timer is correct, I have mysteriously lost a day and will not have enough time to complete the last chapter. :-(

The outside timer rounds up. The inside timer is the 2 days + how many hours is on the timer of when the next chapter starts. So Day 8 ends when the new chapter starts which will be Day 9 (1 day) and then Day 10 (1 day) - the 2 days that shows on the inside. No time lost.

DrP4ever
09-30-16, 09:13 PM
What's blocking you from finishing day 9? Just 2 or 3 adventures has gotten most people past it. Keep plugging away and you may finish yet.

I'm only at the hotel for bed and to get ready in the morning. When my wifi froze some how it started the next day and bam, there went 90 gems! Boo! No way I can finish since tomorrow I will be gone from morning until after midnight. Very disappointed. No finish and now lost 90 gems due to a wifi mess up. Boo!

Sirelie
09-30-16, 10:07 PM
Please, what I need for Chapter 9: Goal 2 Inspect the crumbs? (Adventure to find crumbs.)

coolssp
09-30-16, 10:19 PM
Please, what I need for Chapter 9: Goal 2 Inspect the crumbs? (Adventure to find crumbs.)

You need to go on the adventure. Each of my adventure gave me a crumb. Don't forget to 'give' the crumbs. Once you do that, you'll be able to craft 'combine the clues' in the new workshop. It takes 10 hours

riverly
09-30-16, 10:24 PM
Please, what I need for Chapter 9: Goal 2 Inspect the crumbs? (Adventure to find crumbs.)its the follow the treasure map adventure in your castle.

CeceYumYummy
09-30-16, 10:29 PM
Has anyone received the cat when collecting crumbs?

RevdKathy
09-30-16, 10:32 PM
I am still getting requests for deckhands regularly, which I'm pretty sure is too late for the people who sent them. S8 really need to stop putting neighbour request goals into the timed quests. The infrastructure isn't up to it, and the restrictions make things impossible. By all means have these in the story goals - they slow people down and make the story last longer. But not in timed things, please.

QueenCarolyn
09-30-16, 10:33 PM

I cracked up when I read that. You made my day.

Sirelie
09-30-16, 10:55 PM
its the follow the treasure map adventure in your castle.

And what I need for this adventure? Some food, swords...?

Sirelie
09-30-16, 10:57 PM
You need to go on the adventure. Each of my adventure gave me a crumb. Don't forget to 'give' the crumbs. Once you do that, you'll be able to craft 'combine the clues' in the new workshop. It takes 10 hours

Thanks, and thanks for warning to skip!
And what I need for this adventure, what I need to go? (Food, material, swords...) For Follow the Treasure Map neeed sword and grits - and for this adventure?

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 11:30 PM
Thanks Net. All I can say is it is late (Spain) and I am exhausted. In a different game universe I am doing a searching event that has my shoulder aching and my eyes crossing. As I said this might (everything crossed) be the first one of these that I have ever completed so I am getting quite excited. Watch! It will be just my luck to have another thunderstorm with attendant power loss or something else to get in the way.

hi Spanisheyes..
I suggest you consentrate only on the PirateEvent for the time being, as it's a timed goal. The new Event you can continue after as it's NOT timed and you'll have lots of time to finish it. All you do for that event in the meantime is collect material when and if you can.

The PirateEvent you'll finish.. you just plan ahead and don't panic, because it's at that moment you will make mistakes. Check ForumPost#1 information and also NetWiz's Post#4 is very handy. Send off the Adventure before you sleep.. so it's ready when you wake in the morning.
Wish you luck you don't have any power cuts, as internet hotspots should be out as well if the current is missing.. BUT it will be back as soon as the storm is over and not necessarily will be missing even during the storm.
Keep posting if you meet any problems.. someone's always here to help you 24hours a day, as it's an international forum.
Buona Fortuna!

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 11:36 PM
Has anyone received the cat when collecting crumbs?

not me.. I got the from the 'Follow the Treasure Map' adventure.

MoonVillage3
09-30-16, 11:40 PM
I am still getting requests for deckhands regularly, which I'm pretty sure is too late for the people who sent them. S8 really need to stop putting neighbour request goals into the timed quests. The infrastructure isn't up to it, and the restrictions make things impossible. By all means have these in the story goals - they slow people down and make the story last longer. But not in timed things, please.

I do agree with this suggestion.. not all the time the 'sending requests and receiving answers' runs smoothly. It's understandable that the S8 server goes in tilt and not all players get their replies, even though sending out requests to active present players.

Jamdraak
09-30-16, 11:42 PM
I still need 8 deckhands , hope I Will get everything in time

dragoniakingdom
10-01-16, 12:22 AM
I do agree with this suggestion.. not all the time the 'sending requests and receiving answers' runs smoothly. It's understandable that the S8 server goes in tilt and not all players get their replies, even though sending out requests to active present players.

I have to agree with you both. Just now received a request sent 16 hours ago...........

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 12:24 AM
Can more than one ParrotFeeder by placed???

edit: the answer is NO.. selection disappears when first one is placed.

brigadoon365
10-01-16, 12:28 AM
I am still getting requests for deckhands regularly, which I'm pretty sure is too late for the people who sent them. S8 really need to stop putting neighbour request goals into the timed quests. The infrastructure isn't up to it, and the restrictions make things impossible. By all means have these in the story goals - they slow people down and make the story last longer. But not in timed things, please. yeah, the whole ask neighbors thing is confusing to me. Just now, I answered three requests that said they were from like twelve hours ago and yet prior to that I had sent half a dozen that had been two hours or less. I don't get how they get processed or something.

In the meantime, I have seven thousand new neighbors who might not even be getting messages through to me.

On the positive side, at level 39 I keep getting pleasantly surprised with the tasks...Level 3 tavern instead of five. (Even though I have a level five...same with the jeweler.) Three trolls each time instead of five and now just ten deckhands. As long as I get my responses, I should be good to go for the rest of this quest. First one I have been able to complete in awhile.

FireballFarm
10-01-16, 12:30 AM
Chapter 10 just unlocked. There are 23 hours, 30 minutes left on the timer. I am on Goal 3: feed the parrot 25 times. The feeder only drops food every 2 hours. How is this Goal possible to complete without using a bunch of gems?

(I know I'm supposed to be ignoring events, but this one actually looked doable...and up until now, it was)

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 12:34 AM
Chapter 10 just unlocked. There are 23 hours, 30 minutes left on the timer. I am on Goal 3: feed the parrot 25 times. The feeder only drops food every 2 hours. How is this Goal possible to complete without using a bunch of gems?

(I know I'm supposed to be ignoring events, but this one actually looked doable...and up until now, it was)
S8 says we get at least 3 every time and we got 1 already. So we need max 8x2h to complete...
Lower levels also need 25.

Jamdraak
10-01-16, 12:34 AM
I am getting requests from two days ago.... thought this one was doable, but still need 5 deckhands. I am way behind........

yummy_bistro
10-01-16, 12:35 AM
I m on goal 9
Crafting sword to go on adventure
Do I hv enough time to finish n get the prize? With 1 day to go..
Thx

FireballFarm
10-01-16, 12:40 AM
S8 says we get at least 3 every time and we got 1 already. So we need max 8x2h to complete...
Lower levels also need 25.
Oh, thank you, Jackie! I was about to start chucking stuff at the wall!
The 1 food confused me, I thought that was first drop.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 12:50 AM
Oh, thank you, Jackie! I was about to start chucking stuff at the wall!
The 1 food confused me, I thought that was first drop.
Don't forget to push the feed button! 😉

spanisheyes1
10-01-16, 12:53 AM
Moon. Your words of encouragement were very much appreciated. The searching event I am doing is in a parallel universe, as in a different game, written by the competition. I have been playing it since 2013 but these sort of things only come round ever so often. Bad timing on my part to try and do both together but I have always been stupid.

Yummy. What time does your clock say? Not the front one but the one inside where the actual goal is written down.

yummy_bistro
10-01-16, 01:08 AM
Moon. Your words of encouragement were very much appreciated. The searching event I am doing is in a parallel universe, as in a different game, written by the competition. I have been playing it since 2013 but these sort of things only come round ever so often. Bad timing on my part to try and do both together but I have always been stupid.

Yummy. What time does your clock say? Not the front one but the one inside where the actual goal is written down.
1 day :( thx

ghjvcucjb
10-01-16, 01:29 AM
Just got my parrot feeder with 22 hours to go to the end. A couple of questions, 1) how many drops does the feeder drop each time? If it's only one, I'm not sure how I'm suppose to collect 25 in 22 hours. 2) can you buy more than one feeder. When I was placing my first it had the option for more but I accidentally hit the X out while trying to move it to an empty spot. Then when I went to the market, there wasn't any more.

ETA! Found the answer to question 1. I wish s8 "days would start at noon instead of 9/10pm when we have to go to bed and miss out on 8 hours of collecting close call items.

spanisheyes1
10-01-16, 01:42 AM
Ghj. The day starts at 9am Spanish time but we lose out at night. The UK do a bit better at 8am but still have the same night problem so nobody wins.
I tried for the two feeders as well. S8 wouldnt be so kind now would they! The second didnt register but just disappeared.

Yummy. If you keep at it and are prepared for very little sleep and the patron fairy of Castle is on your side with parrot food then you still have a chance.

Sandybellee
10-01-16, 02:08 AM
All my requests came in the time it took to cook coffee! Thank you so much again wonderful neighbors! :)

qatrijn
10-01-16, 02:10 AM
Just collected from the feeder, online got two seeds ! Had one in my inventory, now three ��

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 02:12 AM
Ghj. The day starts at 9am Spanish time but we lose out at night. The UK do a bit better at 8am but still have the same night problem so nobody wins.
I tried for the two feeders as well. S8 wouldnt be so kind now would they! The second didnt register but just disappeared.

Yummy. If you keep at it and are prepared for very little sleep and the patron fairy of Castle is on your side with parrot food then you still have a chance.

I'm in same timezone. You can sleep 9 hours! If you have your adventure ready to complete, you only need max 8 feedings. 1st 11.30, 2nd 1.30, 3th 3.30, 4th 5.30, 5th 7.30, 6th 9.30 and nr 7 11.30 and 8th tomorrow morning 8.30...

Zirilka
10-01-16, 02:33 AM
On the bright side let us note that I can now legitimately change the name of my kingdom into the Fields of Gold because of the amount of gold patches I possess.

katbtodd
10-01-16, 02:49 AM
Just got my parrot feeder with 22 hours to go to the end. A couple of questions, 1) how many drops does the feeder drop each time? If it's only one, I'm not sure how I'm suppose to collect 25 in 22 hours. 2) can you buy more than one feeder. When I was placing my first it had the option for more but I accidentally hit the X out while trying to move it to an empty spot. Then when I went to the market, there wasn't any more.

ETA! Found the answer to question 1. I wish s8 "days would start at noon instead of 9/10pm when we have to go to bed and miss out on 8 hours of collecting close call items.

I got 4 my first drop , plus the one they gave us I gave 5 , still along ways to go

katbtodd
10-01-16, 02:52 AM
First collection-4 cracker crumbs

FireballFarm
10-01-16, 02:56 AM
My first bird feeder drop was 4, also.

Alarms are set, coffee is brewing, let's do this thing!

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 03:19 AM

Inside clock says 22hrs and 40min at the moment, but all depends if we started at the same moment.
Good Luck on both ur games then! :)

kimrachel2
10-01-16, 04:14 AM
Hi All. The goal icon on the main screen says the event ends in 2 days but when i open the goal the timer inside says event ends in one day. I'm confused?

haku8cafe
10-01-16, 04:22 AM
hi sorry for asking a noob question as this is my first quest item... I am lvl20

what does the parrot does.. when I read it says drop golden egg, bread etc does it drops gems??

PrincessCupOButter
10-01-16, 04:23 AM
Hi All. The goal icon on the main screen says the event ends in 2 days but when i open the goal the timer inside says event ends in one day. I'm confused?

The outside clock rounds up. The inside clock is your actual time left. so you have 1 day plus however many hours are left in your current day.

If you are currently waiting for a chapter to unlock you will have 1 day (24 hours) after that chapter unlocks.

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 04:25 AM
yeah, the whole ask neighbors thing is confusing to me. Just now, I answered three requests that said they were from like twelve hours ago and yet prior to that I had sent half a dozen that had been two hours or less. I don't get how they get processed or something.
In the meantime, I have seven thousand new neighbors who might not even be getting messages through to me....

This is a point.. we do everything to help lower/higher players along the way.. we add them last minute so they can finish their requests, but we do not understand the delivery process. We know only 20 requests are granted per day, plus StormyCastle. At this point no player should have difficulties, unless their nbrs are inactive.
To be sure this does not happen.. many players keep only active nbrs.. but this does not always resolve the problem of time-difference and different sleeping/working hours of active nbrs. And also takes ages to control non-active kingdoms before delete.
One sure way to have requests answered immediately... is this:
Wait 10 minutes before opening game to start the next day. As you see requests, one at a time, write down the name.. send off their request.. then go to the nbrlist used for requesting and look for that nbrs name.. finally, send off your request.
For 20 requests to be granted.. it takes less than an hour. You don't panic, cause you know that nbr is there and awake to help you too.. and moving in and out of the game you reset each time.
You are sure that person is active and not only.. you also know they are sitting there with their device ready to send right back to you and is not sleeping, working or absent at that moment. You can then send just a couple more off to whoever you wish, for security.
I find that many long-time nbrs that I haven't heard in a looong time, thinking they are not playing anymore, are there, cause they sent me their request. It's a good feeling.

oceansoftime
10-01-16, 04:30 AM
I'm stuck on the neighbour part. I sent well over 100 requests and got back 5 neighbours who helped.

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 04:34 AM
hi sorry for asking a noob question as this is my first quest item... I am lvl20

what does the parrot does.. when I read it says drop golden egg, bread etc does it drops gems??

it means when the parrot is placed in your kingdom.. you can collect those materials that you listed. if it drops gems.. it will be listed too.

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 04:37 AM
I'm stuck on the neighbour part. I sent well over 100 requests and got back 5 neighbours who helped.

Add me and I'll answer you.. of course.. if it's delivered. I'm here for the rest of the day.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 04:41 AM
Have you restart your game? Many times you only see them after a restart...

kimrachel2
10-01-16, 04:45 AM
You can add me - kimrachel2

kimrachel2
10-01-16, 04:49 AM
The outside clock rounds up. The inside clock is your actual time left. so you have 1 day plus however many hours are left in your current day.

If you are currently waiting for a chapter to unlock you will have 1 day (24 hours) after that chapter unlocks.

Thanks for clarifying. Based on that I don't think I'm going to get there..but not giving up

oceansoftime
10-01-16, 04:50 AM
Thank you very much. I added you

Inachis2V
10-01-16, 05:06 AM
You can add me also.
Inachis2V

scotslassuk
10-01-16, 05:10 AM
Still receiving requests from nbrs who need deckhands and have sent them only hope it's not too late for them! One of my nbrs informed me this morning they just received my request sent 3days ago!! Come on S8 what is the point of asking us to send requests when it's taking 3days to go through your systems?? I'm now on collect parrot food with clock on countdown. Will not be spending 144gems to skip that part so it looks like all the hard work was for nothing unless my luck changes and I get a ton of food each collection (won't hold my breath!) annoyed is an understatement😡

town2013
10-01-16, 05:13 AM
Where can I get a parrot feeder?

scotslassuk
10-01-16, 05:15 AM
You get the feeder in the market it costs 500coins

scotslassuk
10-01-16, 05:17 AM
Where can I get a parrot feeder?

It's in the market for 500coins Gl

town2013
10-01-16, 05:20 AM
I've done Lv9. But I can't get a parrot feeder in my market. What happen to my castle.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 05:21 AM
Still receiving requests from nbrs who need deckhands and have sent them only hope it's not too late for them! One of my nbrs informed me this morning they just received my request sent 3days ago!! Come on S8 what is the point of asking us to send requests when it's taking 3days to go through your systems?? I'm now on collect parrot food with clock on countdown. Will not be spending 144gems to skip that part so it looks like all the hard work was for nothing unless my luck changes and I get a ton of food each collection (won't hold my breath!) annoyed is an understatement😡

Don't worry about this!
The request are from neighbors that already received 20!
If you send 50 requests to 50 neighbors, the request is gone after receiving the dayly max of 20! Next S8 day the 30 neighbors who didn't respond get the request again. After receiving 20 it's gone again. Next S8 day the last 10 neighbors receive your request again... So older request will always from people who have 20 or more already...

town2013
10-01-16, 05:25 AM
I'm sorry all I can found my parrot feeder. It's behind the tree. Thank you all.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 05:26 AM
I've done Lv9. But I can't get a parrot feeder in my market. What happen to my castle.

Is chapter 10 started already for you? You can't buy the feeder before that.

lilymonster4
10-01-16, 05:49 AM
So I got the feeder. I have 19 hours left and need to give 25 seeds or whatever but the feeder gives them out every 2 hours. Does anyone know if the feeder gives out more than 1 at a time? If not it's impossible and I don't have the gems to speed up the feeder. I've also tried to see if I could get more than one feeder but I don't think so since it disappeared from the store after buying 1.

ladlasse
10-01-16, 05:52 AM
Today is my birthday, so I'm excited at the prospect of getting a parrot! I just bought my feeder and am waiting for the 2 hours to pass to collect. Assuming I'll get all I need without having to use gems, does anyone know if you have to complete the 4 hour adventure the last time or just start it to get the parrot? With activities going on today, I'm not sure I'll be able to check every two hours on the feeder, so not sure when I be able to start the adventure. Hoping I won't need to use gems to finish it.

SpiritWind00
10-01-16, 05:54 AM
Happy birthday! ;)

riverly
10-01-16, 05:56 AM
On the bright side let us note that I can now legitimately change the name of my kingdom into the Fields of Gold because of the amount of gold patches I possess.i love that name and also the song. That was just a random thought. Good luck on finishing.

ladlasse
10-01-16, 05:58 AM
Thank you, Spiritwind!

netwiz3
10-01-16, 06:05 AM
Today is my birthday, so I'm excited at the prospect of getting a parrot! I just bought my feeder and am waiting for the 2 hours to pass to collect. Assuming I'll get all I need without having to use gems, does anyone know if you have to complete the 4 hour adventure the last time or just start it to get the parrot? With activities going on today, I'm not sure I'll be able to check every two hours on the feeder, so not sure when I be able to start the adventure. Hoping I won't need to use gems to finish it.

You send out the adventure in advance and then collect from it once you reach that step. Happy birthday! :)

netwiz3
10-01-16, 06:08 AM
So I got the feeder. I have 19 hours left and need to give 25 seeds or whatever but the feeder gives them out every 2 hours. Does anyone know if the feeder gives out more than 1 at a time? If not it's impossible and I don't have the gems to speed up the feeder. I've also tried to see if I could get more than one feeder but I don't think so since it disappeared from the store after buying 1.
It drops 3,4 or 6 seeds each time..

SW - Can you please add this to post 1? Thanks a lot!

PrincessCupOButter
10-01-16, 06:08 AM

Happy Birthday!

I have seen posts saying "have the adventure ready to collect". Based on the past chapters, it's the collecting that counts, not the sending. My advice would be to send out the adventure early, so it'll be ready when you get to that part. Mine is ready right now, I just need 20 bird feed to be done.

lilymonster4
10-01-16, 06:10 AM
Thanks!

lilymonster4
10-01-16, 06:11 AM
It drops 3,4 or 6 seeds each time..

SW - Can you please add this to post 1? Thanks a lot!

Thanks!

riverly
10-01-16, 06:12 AM
I'm going to send out my adventure too even though it will be a while that I'll need to collect. Better to be prepared.

EsmeW2
10-01-16, 06:21 AM
These parrot food droppings are rubbish. I've made four collections across my two games and got 3 each time. Impossible to finish at this rate as I've got real life stuff to do today and can't make 6 more collections before the time runs out. Unrealistic. And disappointing after people were so fantastically helpful with the pirate requests.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 06:35 AM
These parrot food droppings are rubbish. I've made four collections across my two games and got 3 each time. Impossible to finish at this rate as I've got real life stuff to do today and can't make 6 more collections before the time runs out. Unrealistic. And disappointing after people were so fantastically helpful with the pirate requests.

3 x 3 for me... 😕 I've time to do 8 collections, but I hope I'll need 1 less.
I hope you can make it. Have you seen you can speed up the feeder with 15 minutes for 1 gem? Maybe you can use 1 or 2 just before it's ready on the times you know you can't play for a while...

drepanum
10-01-16, 07:24 AM
sent u invitation

I am finding these request parts to be a problem. I have been waiting for over 10 hours and sent out a second request today. This will probably keep me from completing the quest. I also am stuck at 19.

suzuyasu
10-01-16, 07:50 AM
X Marks the Spot!
:
Chapter 9:
:
Goal 2 Inspect the crumbs 0/5 | Adventure to find crumbs. Will require 4 more adventures as each dropped only 1 crumb. Goal prize - a Cracker.
:

Got three crumb per trip.
This could be rare drop since I went for only one trip.

suzuyasu

meme1098
10-01-16, 08:22 AM

Well, my first collection was --- drum roll --- a big fat 0! Made that one go away & tried again & this time I got 6.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 08:34 AM
Finaly a 6 drop after 3 x 3! 😃

jaxvan
10-01-16, 08:54 AM
Oh she was just stating in Chapter 9 you are Adventuring to find crumbs... Once you've found at least 5 crumbs and give them completing that goal you move along to the next task. Also there is still the "normal" "Follow the Treasure Map" you can continue to do until you finish all the tasks... Once every goal in Chapter 10 is done(you've got 25 parrot feed and give them) you simply collect from that adventure to get the parrot.
So call me dense, but I am now out for my last crumb. Once I get that, go on one more adventure, then get the parrot? I am asking because I still have 15 hours and do not have the cat. I'd like to continue on adventures til the very end to see if that kitty pops up! Does anyone know what I need to do?

Milkybilly
10-01-16, 09:05 AM
So call me dense, but I am now out for my last crumb. Once I get that, go on one more adventure, then get the parrot? I am asking because I still have 15 hours and do not have the cat. I'd like to continue on adventures til the very end to see if that kitty pops up! Does anyone know what I need to do?

You need to collect 25 bird food from the bird feeder and then collect from your last adventure to get the parrot. Keep on adventuring whilst collecting the bird food every two hours. Just make sure you set up your last adventure at a convenient time for you to collect it and hence receive the parrot.

RevdKathy
10-01-16, 09:18 AM
Is anyone else still having a problem with shipwrecked trolls? I am running low on water and can't dip my ponds without the blighters showing up.

jaxvan
10-01-16, 09:26 AM
Just pop a monster somewhere out of the way, then you can keep collecting your water without another showing up. As long as there is one on the board, no others will pop in.

janddolphins
10-01-16, 09:29 AM
Giving up hope on the kitty. I know it's not the end of the world but last few days I stepped it up and I sent out about 40 adventures this event, 8 feel they should have a cap and when a player has reached a certain amount their hard work pays off. I will send out three more today but that is it as I don't want to mess up timing with ending the event when I reach 25 for bird food collections. I managed to get every other deco prize and have enough gold paths that it's reminding me of when I collected elves *shudders* so I'm not putting them out because almost every time I came back I wished for anything but that and sure enough another gold path.

Maybe I will lay them all out and have my elves follow them singing "follow the yellow brick road" elves, ozians, close enough, both are short hehe

scottkohtz
10-01-16, 09:33 AM
Is it possible to buy more than one Parrot Feeder?

kajohn345
10-01-16, 09:34 AM
Argh. I've been waiting two and a half days for my deckhands to come in. And the event ends in 16 hours for me. Another one I couldn't complete.:(

jaxvan
10-01-16, 09:41 AM
To all those having issues with requests, I have a suggestion for future challenges. A day or two before, I go out and visit my neighbors and check to see if they have the newest prizes out. I then know that they are actively playing and only send my requests to them. Hearts are no help, I have one neighbor that I believe passed away over a year ago, and her kingdom is staying at all five. I then send 20 to the active players, and then one to Stormy, and always get them back. If you are sending to all, then if only twenty go out a day, only active players will respond, and the next twenty go the next day. You can be stuck in limbo until all your sent requests go out. That is what I have learned through many years of play.

brigadoon365
10-01-16, 09:43 AM
I m on goal 9
Crafting sword to go on adventure
Do I hv enough time to finish n get the prize? With 1 day to go..
Thx
You may have longer than that depending when you started. I started a few days after the quest was released so for me, I start goal 9 tonight at 2 a.m. and have 24 hours from then to finish it and then start goal 10 "on time." If you started goal 9 today, you still time because ten won't start for you until midnight or whatever depending on your time zone.

msmorg
10-01-16, 09:45 AM
You're not alone! Maybe we should form a support group for those of us struggling to find the kitty. My knights are clearly confused, as they seem to be venturing into Oz bringing back lots of Yellow Brick Road!k

I really don't understand why the programmers don't give EVERYONE the same collection ratio when it comes to these coveted drops, like fire foxes, treasure kitty, crumbs etc. I didn't get a Firefox, I can't get a treasure kitty after so many adventures, and have only gotten ONE crumb each for the two treasure hunts. Some people have gotten so many they want to give them away! It's so unfair and so unnecessary......

nateryd
10-01-16, 10:08 AM
Yay!!! All done !! Love how the parrot looks!!!

LIVELYoANDoLOVELY
10-01-16, 10:58 AM
No one can finish this event without gems.
I had to use quite a bit.

caron7
10-01-16, 11:04 AM
Giving up hope on the kitty. I know it's not the end of the world but last few days I stepped it up and I sent out about 40 adventures this event, 8 feel they should have a cap and when a player has reached a certain amount their hard work pays off. I will send out three more today but that is it as I don't want to mess up timing with ending the event when I reach 25 for bird food collections. I managed to get every other deco prize and have enough gold paths that it's reminding me of when I collected elves *shudders* so I'm not putting them out because almost every time I came back I wished for anything but that and sure enough another gold path.

Maybe I will lay them all out and have my elves follow them singing "follow the yellow brick road" elves, ozians, close enough, both are short hehe

Agreed. I've collected a silly number of gold paths, a dragon hoard, the jewels that are useless because I am always max, and no kitty. I don't understand why Storm8 chooses to make these things random. I don't mind trying hard for something, but dozens of adventures should perhaps guarantee a reward at some point. If the goal is to get players on the game, make it challenging but with the reward possible, not randomized so one player has 4 and the others have none. I guess no kitty for me.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 11:09 AM
To all those having issues with requests, I have a suggestion for future challenges. A day or two before, I go out and visit my neighbors and check to see if they have the newest prizes out. I then know that they are actively playing and only send my requests to them. Hearts are no help, I have one neighbor that I believe passed away over a year ago, and her kingdom is staying at all five. I then send 20 to the active players, and then one to Stormy, and always get them back. If you are sending to all, then if only twenty go out a day, only active players will respond, and the next twenty go the next day. You can be stuck in limbo until all your sent requests go out. That is what I have learned through many years of play.
And don't send other requests a few days before you need things for this timed events!
If you've send another request a day before, it's possible you get 20 parts of that request on the day you need this request! And because the max is 20, you'll not get enough for the event that day!

caron7
10-01-16, 11:12 AM
I am concerned that day 9 and 10 have been so time consuming. I've worked through each day, finishing some days in a matter of minutes, but day 9 required a 10 hour crafting, among other steps. Now the last day, with the hours ticking down, requires many collections from the feeder. 25 is a lot to collect, 3 or so at a time! 8 collections = 24 hours right there. I'm not sure I will make the goal, after 9 previous days of investment in the goal. To make the game fun and an adventure, I think it would be much better to spread the time for the tasks out more evenly through the days, rather than plan such a crush at the end. I won't buy gems since my all in effort to get purple alicorns turned sour, so I may or may not have a parrot by the end of the day. I enjoyed the quest so far, but don't like cliffhanger endings.

Jackiesq
10-01-16, 11:22 AM
I am concerned that day 9 and 10 have been so time consuming. I've worked through each day, finishing some days in a matter of minutes, but day 9 required a 10 hour crafting, among other steps. Now the last day, with the hours ticking down, requires many collections from the feeder. 25 is a lot to collect, 3 or so at a time! 8 collections = 24 hours right there. I'm not sure I will make the goal, after 9 previous days of investment in the goal. To make the game fun and an adventure, I think it would be much better to spread the time for the tasks out more evenly through the days, rather than plan such a crush at the end. I won't buy gems since my all in effort to get purple alicorns turned sour, so I may or may not have a parrot by the end of the day. I enjoyed the quest so far, but don't like cliffhanger endings.

9 is not the problem, you don't have to do much yourself. 10 is max 8x every 2 hours feeding. This is the first in CS for me, but I'm playing DS for a long time. Same kind of events. The quests are always easy first days, and very hard the last day! That's why it's so nice that you can choose when you start. Choose always that startday, so the day for chapter 10 is on a day where you can play fulltime!

dragoniakingdom
10-01-16, 11:57 AM
Finished it & stayed up until 2.30am. Not impressed by these timed events as players in other time zones are disadvantaged.

KadeeDid
10-01-16, 01:05 PM
Thank you for all that you do, Spiritwind and Sourp4tch. I had some family obligations and was away but thought I had caught up. Last night, I was at 2 days and it looked like I could sail on through. Too much on my mind and I forget what part of Ch. 8, I was on but when I got home from the vet this am with my furkids, I discovered I only had 14 hours left. I finished Ch. 9, Goal 1 and did first adventure for Goal 2. 4 more adventures to go as I only received one crumb. I am now at 11 hours and still need to complete Goal 2 and 3 and then Chapter 10. Is it possible to speed through? I have limited gems. due to the glitches of last quest. If I spend the 16 gems to skip Ch 9, Act 2, will I be stuck? I presume skipping means I can't make the cracker. ????? I think I should just stop.

KadeeDid
10-01-16, 01:08 PM
Finished it & stayed up until 2.30am. Not impressed by these timed events as players in other time zones are disadvantaged.

Up until 4 am and then up again at 7:30 to take cats for their vet appointment. Normally I get 4 hours of sleep a night. I have been doing that for 10 years - not due to games. I just get ideas at that time of night and don't seem to require more sleep. Still behind though as this week and last has been very busy.

izzyiza
10-01-16, 02:29 PM
Hello,

For the last step of chapter 10, is it to GO on the adventure that gives the parrot or to COME BACK (finish) from the adventure? If it's the latter, I guess I could start the adventure before I finish collecting from the feeder?

scotslassuk
10-01-16, 02:30 PM
Don't worry about this!
The request are from neighbors that already received 20!
If you send 50 requests to 50 neighbors, the request is gone after receiving the dayly max of 20! Next S8 day the 30 neighbors who didn't respond get the request again. After receiving 20 it's gone again. Next S8 day the last 10 neighbors receive your request again... So older request will always from people who have 20 or more already...

Thank you so much for explaining. You would think I would have worked it out by now lol😱......thank you again💐

PrincessCupOButter
10-01-16, 02:54 PM
Hello,

For the last step of chapter 10, is it to GO on the adventure that gives the parrot or to COME BACK (finish) from the adventure? If it's the latter, I guess I could start the adventure before I finish collecting from the feeder?

You can go ahead and start the adventure. It's the collecting that counts. Just don't collect it before you give all the seeds and trigger the prompt! :-)

izzyiza
10-01-16, 02:56 PM
You can go ahead and start the adventure. It's the collecting that counts. Just don't collect it before you give all the seeds and trigger the prompt! :-)

Thanks a lot! :)

rleethalme
10-01-16, 03:00 PM
1 more feeder collection and I'll collect the parrot from the adventure. Thanks S8 for the very doable event. And a great thanks to the forum for the invaluable information. Knowing what is needed makes these events possible without gems

ktorewqas
10-01-16, 03:13 PM
I got the parrot and the adventure is still available so I sent knights out again :p

spanisheyes1
10-01-16, 03:20 PM
I got the parrot and the adventure is still available so I sent knights out again :p
So did I. I just would LOVVVVEEE some more gold pavements.

native4life
10-01-16, 03:26 PM
I wish the quests where you have to ask neighbors for things were one of the first ones since ive wasted two days now waiting for my existing neighbors to send me what i need. Every other day i had finished the quests in a few minutes so its been alot of time wasted and now i am not going to be able to finish.

kdmusgrove
10-01-16, 04:44 PM
Agreed. I've collected a silly number of gold paths, a dragon hoard, the jewels that are useless because I am always max, and no kitty. I don't understand why Storm8 chooses to make these things random. I don't mind trying hard for something, but dozens of adventures should perhaps guarantee a reward at some point. If the goal is to get players on the game, make it challenging but with the reward possible, not randomized so one player has 4 and the others have none. I guess no kitty for me.

I agree. Sadly I've even used tons of gems to speed up the adventures and no luck. Wasting energy on collecting bacon and corn to make grits. Wasting my swords. I want to give up but I want that kitty more than I should lol. Ugh. There should be a guarantee after sending it out thirty times...

ginourmous
10-01-16, 04:55 PM
On timed events we should not have to rely on neighbors to respond to demands. I wasted 2 days waiting for neighbors and now with the 2hrs collection time on the feeder it's not looking goodto conplete this task. PLEASE on timed events can we ask neighbors on the first few days. Not on day 8!!

FireballFarm
10-01-16, 06:01 PM
No one can finish this event without gems.
I had to use quite a bit.

I strongly disagree. I just finished the event used zero gems. This event was very doable, even for low level players.

suzuyasu
10-01-16, 06:23 PM
Got three crumb per trip.
This could be rare drop since I went for only one trip.

suzuyasu

received two crumb from an Adventure last time.
So, guessed between 1 and three can be expected as rewards.

suzuyasu

KadeeDid
10-01-16, 06:26 PM
received two crumb from an Adventure last time.
So, guessed between 1 and three can be expected as rewards.

suzuyasu

I only received one each time.

petal2092
10-01-16, 06:26 PM
I tried to get the kitty too! I'm ready to collect my parrot and feel a little sad that he won't have a kitty friend.

haku8cafe
10-01-16, 06:30 PM
I strongly disagree. I just finished the event used zero gems. This event was very doable, even for low level players.

I second this ... I start this on lvl18 my first event .... I have only level 1 building when I start & it just ask me for lvl3 upgrade ... yes I even start this on day1 without knowing ... but the helpful people here wrote & play so advance to let me plan ahead & in less than 10mins I will have the parrot ...

I am sharing the low lvl with high lvl20+ & I use 0gems

jkustak
10-01-16, 07:36 PM
On timed events we should not have to rely on neighbors to respond to demands. I wasted 2 days waiting for neighbors and now with the 2hrs collection time on the feeder it's not looking goodto conplete this task. PLEASE on timed events can we ask neighbors on the first few days. Not on day 8!!

Completely agree with this. There were too many easy chapters at the start. They should be interspersed so that people can catch up if they get some bad luck with drops or friend requests.

janddolphins
10-01-16, 08:31 PM
Well I think I managed to be the queen of unlucky with this event. No kitty. When it came to crumbs one at a time each hunt, and now with the parrot, although people speak of varying numbers, aside from one 4 I have gotten 3 every time. A little more than 4 hours to go and up to 20. I did speed up once for two gems just so I would have two adventures left. Not sure I can stay up until 3am though so after this next one I will probable speed up last one and use 10 gems unless I get lucky with a 6 this one. My only other luck I am crossing my fingers for is after 40 something adventures for this last one to bring me good luck and have the kitty. Who knows Miricals can happen at the end, otherwise I'll wear my unlucky crown and just be happy the chapter story is over with minimal damage. It was fun until chapter 9 came along then it did me in lol.

Ps, just an observation, I am using this event to cleanup my neighbors and being leineint as long as they have something recent. 1/2 through and already from 230 to 188. Usually in total I lose maybe 20 or so when I do this once or twice a year. With half my list to finish and already almost over 40 majority level 59 players gone it makes me wonder with all the events that happened if the game took a large hit in players. May also be why others struggled with neighbor requests if they don't know their neighbors. I'm not quitting the game because I love it, but I am on the no cash list. Such a shame so many players have left though.

caron7
10-01-16, 09:19 PM
9 is not the problem, you don't have to do much yourself. 10 is max 8x every 2 hours feeding. This is the first in CS for me, but I'm playing DS for a long time. Same kind of events. The quests are always easy first days, and very hard the last day! That's why it's so nice that you can choose when you start. Choose always that startday, so the day for chapter 10 is on a day where you can play fulltime!

9 was a problem for me, with the time for the 5 adventures, then having to wait for the 10 hour crafting to finish. Because of that wait, I got a late start today for day 10. And above I was mistaken on the parrot feeder timing. At 2 hours each collection, 8x= 16 hours. This brought it down to the wire for me. I just wish things were spaced out a bit better.

I agree that waiting for the neighbor requests on day 8 was stressful. It would be much better to have this on one of the earlier days, since it does always seem to put folks behind... through no fault of their own.... with little wiggle room to make up the time.

Jamdraak
10-01-16, 09:58 PM
The only thing why it was not doable for me was the neighbour requests. I had to wait for two days and now I don't even have the crumbs. Still need two...... so I wont't get the parrot. *feeling frustrated*.

genviv
10-01-16, 10:29 PM
I was on track the entire event, until stalling during the neighbor wait.

Didn't these chapter events used to last one day longer than the number of chapters? So even if you got stuck, there was a reasonable amount of grace time to catch up.

Maybe that could be brought back, as it always seems to be a tough chapter near the end that messes me up.

RevdKathy
10-01-16, 10:56 PM
I enjoyed this one. But I know I was lucky. The trolls plagued me throughout so I had no trouble ****ing my quota. My neighbours, while not as fast as some, came in in about 12 hours. My luck ran out with the parrot seed and I never got more than 3 at a time, but I got a decent amount of gold path and two kitties.

The best bit was that this was the first Storybook I've done that didn't feel like an unbearable chore. No endless growing pigs, chopping trees, smashing rocks or whatever. Just nice, manageable tasks each day to keep me interest.

I'm aware I was lucky with the neighbours because I'm awake at S8 daybreak and able to get in before the system chokes. My recommendation would be to remove this type of goal from timed events unless S8 are prepared to invest significantly in infrastructure to make it work smoothly.

janddolphins
10-01-16, 11:14 PM
Finished the event with only 5 gems so I could finish and not stay up another hour. I keep my unlucky crown as my final feed was 3 too and last adventure had no kitty :(. Also finished clearing neighbors and it was a record breaking 70 high level neighbors that had left the game of my 230. (Trust me I don't mind the cut back, especially because now days I have time I can visit heart neighbors and know they are active) I left option to post on my wall as I may have made a few mistakes so some may come back but still, I will just let that number speak for itself with some events recently although it's still a shame as I said before and I'm not quitting as I love the game. Play for free works for me.

So glad to be done with the event and curious with the new one although not sure how interested I am in a fixed new trading option. One is enough, if they want more trades why not just add to that.

As bad as the final two chapters were this event was much easier than other chapter events and I hope S8 continues to go in this direction when we have to have these events. Best of luck to those still working and with this I am off to bed!

MoonVillage3
10-01-16, 11:20 PM
when you've received the Parrot.. and event tab has disappeared, I have noticed the castle adventure 'Follow the Treasure Map' still remains. maybe we still have the possibility in collecting more GoldPaths and hope to find more TreasureHunterCats.

vickibabes
10-02-16, 12:21 AM
How is it that people have already been able to send me the friend requests 2 days ago but I am only just at that stage? Does the game roll out several days early in some places? Chapter 8 only just unlocked this morning for me!

I also agree that the friends requests are hideous. Every time they are part of a goal I end up wasting gems to skip forward because I'm lucky to get 3 requests fulfilled in a day. I always fi d as well that requests to me are still coming up to a week after a event has closed!

DrP4ever
10-02-16, 12:24 AM
It is doable if you have lots of time to babysit you device and you're lucky on returns. I have neither luck, nor time to babysit device and only play on wifi. Ended up being out of town and even more limited play time. With spotty wifi I have lost 100 gems since it would freeze then would interpret my taps weirdly and speed up, but I still can't finish. Need to collect from the feeder apparently about 8 times. Will be able to collect once and then not again before time runs out. So not only do I not get the parrot, I'm out resources and 100+ gems. Not impressed at all.

letf8b
10-02-16, 12:29 AM
These parrot food droppings are rubbish. I've made four collections across my two games and got 3 each time. Impossible to finish at this rate as I've got real life stuff to do today and can't make 6 more collections before the time runs out. Unrealistic. And disappointing after people were so fantastically helpful with the pirate requests.i agree completely the parrot feeder droppings every 2 hrs is the worst. I also started mine at midnight so I am ere on Chap 10 at midnight having to set a 2 hr alarm my fault with the time but either way it will still be to the wire depending on drops. So thankful for everyone's help here though. No kitty for me either :( I've learned that's a real lucky drop thing. I've been lucky before just not with the fire fox or this kitty.

spanisheyes1
10-02-16, 12:32 AM
I am curious. What happens when one deletes a neighbour, as in does the system tell them or does your name just drop off their board? I deleted a few at the begining of the week, way before day 9 and I felt the worst eel for doing it. The criteria I used was a bit hit and miss in that I selected players who were low level, usually 18 and below, who had not moved levels in ages. I went to visit and if the plot looked unloved and untended I made my decision. Along with this I tried sending gifts one at a time. If I got the 'your gift did not go' (paraphrased that) it seemed another pointer that the player was inactive.
So have I made a big mistake and deleted wrongly?

Wonkaland99
10-02-16, 12:37 AM
I don't know whether this is too off topic, but I play a game where friends(neighbours) are listed in order of activity.
Those who have played within the last 24 hours are listed first, then 1 day ago, 2 days ago etc.

I wonder how much work it would be for S8 to introduce such a feature? It is very easy to add neighbours on CS but difficult to know when or whether to delete them.

SpiritWind00
10-02-16, 12:50 AM
I am curious. What happens when one deletes a neighbour, as in does the system tell them or does your name just drop off their board? I deleted a few at the begining of the week, way before day 9 and I felt the worst eel for doing it. The criteria I used was a bit hit and miss in that I selected players who were low level, usually 18 and below, who had not moved levels in ages. I went to visit and if the plot looked unloved and untended I made my decision. Along with this I tried sending gifts one at a time. If I got the 'your gift did not go' (paraphrased that) it seemed another pointer that the player was inactive.
Unless they visit you often or only have 10 neighbours, they won't know you've deleted them. It happens all the time; it's a part of the game either reducing neighbours to fit in your game play style or removing inactive. It would be good to have a sure fire way to know for sure, but you can always leave a message to say you've removed them as they seem inactive and if you're wrong, post you can reinvite them if you want to. No biggie. :)

caron7
10-02-16, 03:33 AM
I was on track the entire event, until stalling during the neighbor wait.

Didn't these chapter events used to last one day longer than the number of chapters? So even if you got stuck, there was a reasonable amount of grace time to catch up.

Maybe that could be brought back, as it always seems to be a tough chapter near the end that messes me up.

That may be so, as I don't recall these always having time crunched endings. It would be a good solution. Just a bit of wiggle room for people to finish. Surely the goal of events is to keep the game fun, interesting, and not too frustrating.

rezist69
10-02-16, 03:39 AM
Is it possible to buy more than one Parrot Feeder?
in what section in market?

spanisheyes1
10-02-16, 03:55 AM
in what section in market?
Scottkohtz said IS IT? As in a question not 'it is' I think you just might have read it wrongly, maybe!
It would have been good to do had it been true.

SW thanks for the info. I might have been a tad off topic but there had already been a lot of airtime about the subject due to the problems 'replies' had caused.

belbar22
10-02-16, 03:58 AM
Really fed up with neighbour requests for deckhands on my other account. I have sent out requests to over 100 neighbours and only have 10 back. Worryingly I sent a request back from my other account and it has not appeared in my news feed so am now worried that people are responding and it is not registering in my feed or my goal. Have had no responses for over 2 hours. Same happened on this account. I got19 responses within about 10 minutes, then nothing for 2 hours so sent a request to stormy and got my 20th but again the request I sent from another account didn't appear.

SpiritWind00
10-02-16, 04:07 AM
Really fed up with neighbour requests for deckhands on my other account. I have sent out requests to over 100 neighbours and only have 10 back. Worryingly I sent a request back from my other account and it has not appeared in my news feed so am now worried that people are responding and it is not registering in my feed or my goal. Have had no responses for over 2 hours. Same happened on this account. I got19 responses within about 10 minutes, then nothing for 2 hours so sent a request to stormy and got my 20th but again the request I sent from another account didn't appear.
force close you game.... do it a couple of times if you see the news feed doesn't match what you think you should have in the goal.

ktorewqas
10-02-16, 04:22 AM
when you've received the Parrot.. and event tab has disappeared, I have noticed the castle adventure 'Follow the Treasure Map' still remains. maybe we still have the possibility in collecting more GoldPaths and hope to find more TreasureHunterCats.yes, I sent one out after I got the parrot. The golden path is found lol

PrincessCupOButter
10-02-16, 04:28 AM

About the gifts not going through....that doesn't necessarily mean a player is inactive. Many players, especially higher levels are often maxed on the current 'gift-able' items. If so, you will get that message saying it couldn't be sent. I've found What works for me is to see if they have any of the newer items from recent quests, I also check their wall, and if there are several posts asking "are you still playing?", they probably aren't.

On topic...

the quest has ended, but the adventure remains. I'm guessing it will be around until the quest ends for everyone. This morning I got a dragon hoard...and a gold path. So there may still be a chance for the treasure kitty!!

MoonVillage3
10-02-16, 04:33 AM
How is it that people have already been able to send me the friend requests 2 days ago but I am only just at that stage? Does the game roll out several days early in some places? Chapter 8 only just unlocked this morning for me!

I also agree that the friends requests are hideous. Every time they are part of a goal I end up wasting gems to skip forward because I'm lucky to get 3 requests fulfilled in a day. I always fi d as well that requests to me are still coming up to a week after a event has closed!

it all depends when u started the event.. some started as soon as it was offered.. others started later. whichever, the event lasts 10days for all players.

requests are granted only 20 per day. if u send out 100 requests, 20 will be delivered to ur nbrs the 1st day, the remaining 80 will be divided into the next 4 days.. thus the late date of returning requests.

comeseecomesah
10-02-16, 04:43 AM
Deleted my post.

MoonVillage3
10-02-16, 04:47 AM

If you go to Page2 of the Forum Discussions.. you will see a Thread entitled "Getting rid of neighbors". There are some helpful hints written there.

comeseecomesah
10-02-16, 04:53 AM
it all depends when u started the event.. some started as soon as it was offered.. others started later. whichever, the event lasts 10days for all players.

requests are granted only 20 per day. if u send out 100 requests, 20 will be delivered to ur nbrs the 1st day, the remaining 80 will be divided into the next 4 days.. thus the late date of returning requests.

My understanding is that for this event there is no limit for deckhand requests, so people could ask and receive more than 20 in a day if needed. There's a post on it here somewhere. The original deckhands needed was 40 but think this was changed to 20.

EDIT: Amendment.. See Sour4patch in post 1. The no limit didn't work so they decreased deckhands needed to 20.

MoonVillage3
10-02-16, 04:54 AM
delete please

MoonVillage3
10-02-16, 04:58 AM
My understanding is that for this event there is no limit for deckhand requests, so people could ask and receive more than 20 in a day if needed. There's a post on it here somewhere. The original deckhands needed was 40 but think this was changed to 20.

yes.. I remember that post. it was a communication from S8 staff.. but that's not how it happened.
an enlightment on how granting and receiving requests would be very helpful to all players.

correction: post regarding change of UnlimitedRequests to 20Requests found on Page1

comeseecomesah
10-02-16, 05:09 AM
you are correct.. this happens to me too. at this point I do NOT believe there's a 'no limit' as it was said. requests coming in have new, old and older dates.. there's limit somewhere.
it would be great if S8 would explain how requests are handled, so we players have the opportunity to organize and make the best outcome.

yes.. I remember that post. it was a communication from S8 staff.. but that's not how it happened.

I have just gone to post 1 and read Sour patch post (blue background) if these requests are called ' viral' then it's saying that they THOUGHT they could make it no limit BUT it didn't work THEREFOR they decreased the amount of deckhands needed to 20.
Guess in the future I should keep checking post 1 for any amendments lol before I open my mouth. Think I'll slide off and delete my feedback hahaa