PDA

View Full Version : Solved Pink buildings and boxes

my607
09-19-16, 07:41 PM
Tonight after work my game went hot pink on my buildings not all I try reinstall then it was less pink on my iPad but not my carousel on Boardwalk is hot pink . The building the color is like fading not clear. It was fine this morning but the weird thing is my iPhone isn't hot pink at all. Can you fix this? Thanks so

Aside to Everyone: If you encounter pink buildings or pink boxes in your game, you can try to reinstall and see if it works for you. Dont worry if it doesnt. The team is aware and looking into this. Let's wait for the team to fix our cities for us. :)

my607
09-19-16, 07:58 PM
Now my iPad is getting lots of hot pink on the game . I don't know know what's goin on and don't know how to post a picture either so I'm playing on iPhone soon since it's fine there. Anyone with this problem besides me?

Rynetory2
09-19-16, 08:05 PM
Hi my607. My game is fine like your iPhone. I am not sure if it could be your iPad. Can you send an email to support@storm8.com and attach pictures in your email for further investigation and more thorough check? If you have sent in previously for crashing issues on your iPad, you can add this to your email and let the Agent know. Sorry that you're having these issues. I'll keep a lookout if others encounter this. Thanks for reporting in.

my607
09-19-16, 08:06 PM
Now it's on my iPhone altitude bit my observatory turned pink now. I don't know what's going on here. Anyone with this problem?

Rynetory2
09-19-16, 08:09 PM
We were posting at the same time, please see my reply (post #3).

W8INLINE
09-20-16, 10:57 AM
after some issues with my Samsung tablet I did a factory reset without saving the game so I have to start from the beginning. The first install had no problems... the game ran smooth with no issues. After the new install however many buildings show as a pink outline... some show normal and others don't... checked if I have the latest versions and the tablet does... everything looks normal on the display settings, and other programs work normal....I am only having an issue with dream city...running version 1.2.1 Is anyone else having this problem? and how can I fix it?

here's a pic of what I am talking about

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n181/w8inline/Screenshot_2016-09-20-13-33-12_zpsl1fjgbkb.jpg

W8INLINE
09-20-16, 11:04 AM
sorry....didn't read all the posts...seems my607 is having the same problem?

kooky panda
09-20-16, 12:08 PM
after some issues with my Samsung tablet I did a factory reset without saving the game so I have to start from the beginning. The first install had no problems... the game ran smooth with no issues. After the new install however many buildings show as a pink outline... some show normal and others don't... checked if I have the latest versions and the tablet does... everything looks normal on the display settings, and other programs work normal....I am only having an issue with dream city...running version 1.2.1 Is anyone else having this problem? and how can I fix it?

here's a pic of what I am talking about

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n181/w8inline/Screenshot_2016-09-20-13-33-12_zpsl1fjgbkb.jpg
Thanks for the photo! Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
If you are still getting this, please let us know.

W8INLINE
09-20-16, 12:15 PM
ok...this confused me....I uninstalled and installed it....same issue....uninstalled it a second time and it worked....problem fixed...why it didn't work the 1st time I have no idea....but happy it works now....Thanks panda!!!

kooky panda
09-20-16, 12:22 PM
ok...this confused me....I uninstalled and installed it....same issue....uninstalled it a second time and it worked....problem fixed...why it didn't work the 1st time I have no idea....but happy it works now....Thanks panda!!!
Oh wonderful!!! Keep an eye on it and if you see this happening again, please let us know!

clarontinalisa
09-20-16, 01:12 PM
I have the same and every time I go back in there are more buildings pink.
If I uninstall will it affect the timings of my Boardwalk?

kooky panda
09-20-16, 01:21 PM
I have the same and every time I go back in there are more buildings pink.
If I uninstall will it affect the timings of my Boardwalk?
Your game progress is saved on the storm8 servers so it should not affect your boardwalk.

SparklyOctopus
09-20-16, 01:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the pink buildings, everyone. I've passed this along tot he team!

katbtodd
09-20-16, 01:27 PM
Pink here too

my607
09-20-16, 02:17 PM
I'm glad that it's not my iPad but the reinstall didn't work for my device

SparklyOctopus
09-20-16, 02:21 PM
I'm glad that it's not my iPad but the reinstall didn't work for my device

Sorry about that guys! Could you try one more uninstall/reinstall. This should be fixed now.

my607
09-20-16, 02:38 PM
Thank you Sparklyoctopus! It worked

SparklyOctopus
09-20-16, 02:43 PM
Thank you Sparklyoctopus! It worked

Awesome! :)

zenobia42
09-20-16, 04:33 PM
Deleting re-installing cured my hot-pink issue as well. I hope it also cures the crashing that's been happening 5-10 times a day lately. (The game doesn't actually crash per se, but it freezes and reloads and sucks up a LOT of time doing it).

judyvines
09-20-16, 06:24 PM

Off topic, but since this is the only active thread......does anyone else have a strange pink box around the top of their lighthouse? I also just built the Taj Mahal, and while it was under construction, the same strange pink boxes were covering the construction site.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 06:28 PM

Off topic, but since this is the only active thread......does anyone else have a strange pink box around the top of their lighthouse? I also just built the Taj Mahal, and while it was under construction, the same strange pink boxes were covering the construction site.

Please reinstall your game and it should clear the box.

judyvines
09-20-16, 06:42 PM
I deleted and reinstalled twice, and my lighthouse still has the pink square.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 06:47 PM
I deleted and reinstalled twice, and my lighthouse still has the pink square.

Hmmm sorry. Let me report this in for you.

judyvines
09-20-16, 06:54 PM
Hmmm sorry. Let me report this in for you.

Thanks again for your help. I checked my iPhone, and it has the same problem as my iPad. Reinstalled twice on the iPad and once on the iPhone and it's still pink.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 07:00 PM
Thanks again for your help. I checked my iPhone, and it has the same problem as my iPad. Reinstalled twice on the iPad and once on the iPhone and it's still pink.

I've reported your case over. Thanks for checking and reinstalling on both your devices. I'll need the experts to advise or fix this for you. Please hold till we have more news. Sorry about this. Good news is that this doesn't affect your event. :)

judyvines
09-20-16, 07:06 PM
I've reported your case over. Thanks for checking and reinstalling on both your devices. I'll need the experts to advise or fix this for you. Please hold till we have more news. Sorry about this. Good news is that this doesn't affect your event. :)

Loving the event so far, and the pink on the lighthouse is kind of cute.

catpaladin
09-20-16, 07:38 PM
I have the same problem. After deleting and reinstalling 3x the problem is worse. The new buildings are pink too. I've closed all Apps and rebooted the phone at least 5 times. This started with one building last night.

iPhone 6+ iOS 10.0.1
Dream City 1.2.0

Tried to upload 2 pics. Neither worked. Failure to load msg.

Now, even the boat is pink and all new buildings including the landmarks.

See my pics below. Had to go to the Macbook to post.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 08:06 PM
I have the same problem. After deleting and reinstalling 3x the problem is worse. The new buildings are pink too. I've closed all Apps and rebooted the phone at least 5 times. This started with one building last night.

iPhone 6+ iOS 10.0.1
Dream City 1.2.0

Tried to upload 2 pics. Neither worked. Failure to load msg.

Are you uploading pic from device? If so, can you trim the pics a little and try to upload again? I seem to be having issues uploading pic too, not sure if it's only me.

judyvines
09-20-16, 08:22 PM
Are you uploading pic from device? If so, can you trim the pics a little and try to upload again? I seem to be having issues uploading pic too, not sure if it's only me.

I have to crop my pictures in order to post them. It's not just you.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 08:30 PM
I have to crop my pictures in order to post them. It's not just you.

Are you able to post successfully after cropping them? I used to be able to post after cropping but not since I upgraded to iOS 10. Cropping used to work for me but not anymore. Can you help to confirm? If you're having issue on posting, I'll report in as well. Thanks.

judyvines
09-20-16, 08:37 PM
Are you able to post successfully after cropping them? I used to be able to post after cropping but not since I upgraded to iOS 10. Cropping used to work for me but not anymore. Can you help to confirm? If you're having issue on posting, I'll report in as well. Thanks.

Yes, I can post after cropping. When I try to post without cropping, I get an error message. I'm guessing there is a size limit, but I don't have a clue what the limit is.

FYI....I have not upgraded to iOS 10 yet. Waiting for the kinks to be worked out.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 08:41 PM
Yes, I can post after cropping. When I try to post without cropping, I get an error message. I'm guessing there is a size limit, but I don't have a clue what the limit is.

Thanks for your help. Guess I'll have to run to Support haha.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 08:45 PM
FYI....I have not upgraded to iOS 10 yet. Waiting for the kinks to be worked out.

I can't post after upgrading. Cropping works for me in previous iOS. I'll wait to see if anyone else using iOS 10.0.1 has this issue.

To add: adding via URL still works, just not via device.

catpaladin
09-20-16, 11:06 PM

Trying to figure out how to trim.. Ok, now I get that the image has an incorrect file extension (png).

Trying to do this from the iPhone.

This should be enough. It started with one building last night. I restarted phone and app and it was a few more buildings. Then I deleted the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app -- and it was even worse.

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 02:32 AM
Trying to figure out how to trim.. Ok, now I get that the image has an incorrect file extension (png).

This should be enough. It started with one building last night. I restarted phone and app and it was a few more buildings. Then I deleted the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app -- and it was even worse.

Most appreciate your photos and your great help! I've added them to the report. Btw, I have sent you a pm about the pic. Thanks for your help. Cheers.

catpaladin
09-21-16, 09:31 AM
Most appreciate your photos and your great help! I've added them to the report. Btw, I have sent you a pm about the pic. Thanks for your help. Cheers.

Got it!

monstertop
09-21-16, 10:14 AM
I've deleted and reinstalled and it keeps happening for me too. Pink buildings aren't going away after reinstall.

jimville99
09-21-16, 10:51 AM
I also have a pink object floating on my lighthouse- deleted and reinstalled and it's still there I took a screenshot but I don't see how to upload it

kooky panda
09-21-16, 11:48 AM
I also have a pink object floating on my lighthouse- deleted and reinstalled and it's still there I took a screenshot but I don't see how to upload it
The team is currently looking into this and a photo has been submitted. If yours looks different, please let us know.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/Mobile%20Uploads/f2c95751-35a2-4cf2-8e65-20668ada0e72_zps7cx6nlbx.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/f2c95751-35a2-4cf2-8e65-20668ada0e72_zps7cx6nlbx.png.html)

SparklyOctopus
09-21-16, 12:10 PM
Can we try one more uninstall/reinstall to see if that fixes the issue?

FTZ4
09-21-16, 12:47 PM

This is what I have to, plus the floating observatory..

sarahjaymack
09-21-16, 12:50 PM
What's happened to my game? Any ideas? I've tried force closing it. There's pink everywhere I can't see my factories they are just solid pink colour, there's a few more things (like my big wheel etc) that are also pink. I tried to take a picture but I can't figure out how to attach it. Thanks!

SparklyOctopus
09-21-16, 01:42 PM
This is what I have to, plus the floating observatory..

Hey there! The pink buildings is still an existing issue but the floating observatory should be fine now.

An429
09-21-16, 03:39 PM
I've been having the same problem for 2 days. I have tried clearing the cache, no help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled also to no avail. I just hope this problem is resolved soon.

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 05:38 PM
What's happened to my game? Any ideas? I've tried force closing it. There's pink everywhere I can't see my factories they are just solid pink colour, there's a few more things (like my big wheel etc) that are also pink. I tried to take a picture but I can't figure out how to attach it. Thanks!

Can you try to reinstall and see if it helps? It works for some members but not everyone. The team is looking into this.

Merged threads.

FTZ4
09-21-16, 11:15 PM
Hey there! The pink buildings is still an existing issue but the floating observatory should be fine now.
Sorry to say, but no.. Not in my game.. It's still hanging in mid air.
Update: tried to delete and reinstall the game, and now everything looks fine.. so far - no pink items and the observatory are back to normal.. Fingers crossed that it going to last.

katbtodd
09-22-16, 02:44 AM
Still pink here too, checking the forum to see if it was fix,, glad your working on it

FTZ4
09-22-16, 04:27 AM
Sorry to say, but no.. Not in my game.. It's still hanging in mid air.
Update: tried to delete and reinstall the game, and now everything looks fine.. so far - no pink items and the observatory are back to normal.. Fingers crossed that it going to last.
..aaand I have to take that back. I have a pink square on top of my lighthouse.

miwi74
09-22-16, 05:35 AM
good to know that I am not alone with pink buildings ...

miwi74
09-22-16, 05:54 AM

after reinstallation, same here, the lighthouse is still pink.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 05:59 AM

Just want you to know that I have the pink square on my lighthouse too, so dont worry that it's your game.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 06:01 AM
good to know that I am not alone with pink buildings ...

Nope, you definitely arent alone in this. You can try to reinstalll your game cos it works for some members but dont worry if it doesnt.

Aside to Everyone: If you encounter pink buildings or pink boxes in your game, you can try to reinstall and see if it works for you. Dont worry if it doesnt. The team is aware and looking into this. Let's wait for the team to fix our cities for us. :)

miwi74
09-22-16, 06:02 AM
You can try to reinstalll your game cos it works for some members but dont worry if it doesnt.

it worked except for the lighthouse. thx.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 06:05 AM
it worked except for the lighthouse. thx.

Thanks for letting me know. Likewise for mine. :) We have a pink bug haha.

judyvines
09-22-16, 10:26 PM
My lighthouse is no longer pink. Still have the oversized carousel, but it looks like they are making progress on the fixes. Thanks!

bakealot003
09-23-16, 03:02 AM
My lighthouse is fixed now too :-))

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 07:13 AM
My buildings including the Lighthouse are fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issue with yours. Thanks.

catpaladin
09-23-16, 05:13 PM
My buildings including the Lighthouse are fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issue with yours. Thanks.

Resolved.

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 05:22 PM
Resolved.

Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know. :)