PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare in the Park - Sep 20, 2016

OzFamily
09-20-16, 02:07 PM
Shakespeare in the Park Minimum level is 13 for participation.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2316_zpsly6wa1dl.jpeg

New 17-day event with four goals...

Collect Comedy and Tragedy Masks to earn prizes! Fill Entertainment orders, ask Citizens, and complete selected Civic Buildings...

Goals
Goal 1 of 4:
Deliver 2 Entertainment orders
Greet 6 citizens
REWARDS: 20 Comedy & Tragedy masks

Goal 2 of 4:
Build Civic Building - 1
Greet any citizens - 6
Collect Comedy and Tragedy Masks - 50
REWARDS: 30 masks

Goal 3 of 4:
Deliver Entertainment Orders - 10
Greet Citizens - 10
Build Capulet Mansion
REWARDS: 40 masks

Goal 4 of 4:
Build Civic Buildings x2
Greet any Citizens x20
Build Stratford Theatre x1
REWARDS: 100 coins

Prizes
Caramel Corn x 5 - 200 masks
Gems x10 - 550 masks
Capulet Mansion - 1100 masks
A highrise fit for a Capulet!
Accommodate: 18 houses (18 free starting slots)
Size: 2x3

Stratford Theatre - 1700 masks
Don't miss the Julius Caesar matinee!
Population: +20 | Size: 1x2

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2317_zpse2ozvbmg.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2318_zpst29xlz1a.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2320_zps6pyd3jfc.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2321_zpsubkr4uts.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2340_zpsz0h9lwh1.jpeg

judyvines
09-20-16, 02:45 PM
Part two.

Build Civic Building - 1
Greet any citizens - 6

Reward is 30 masks.

judyvines
09-20-16, 02:50 PM
Which civic buildings are we suppose to have to get the mask ?

If you look at the menu of civic buildings, the ones that give masks have a small icon showing the mask in the upper corner.

OzFamily
09-20-16, 03:09 PM
Part two.

Build Civic Building - 1
Greet any citizens - 6

Reward is 30 masks.

Thanks!

OzFamily
09-20-16, 03:42 PM
FYI- If you don't have a 2nd Entertainment permit yet (you know, to have 2 Entertainment businesses going at once), you get one at level 22...

judyvines
09-20-16, 03:53 PM
Part Three:

Greet Citizens - 10
Build Capulet Mansion

Reward is 40 masks.

izzyiza
09-20-16, 03:56 PM
It looks like S8 listened to some of our thoughts about the previous event and made this one more doable if you can't play 24/7 yet challenging. :D

zenobia42
09-20-16, 04:10 PM
It looks like S8 listened to some of our thoughts about the previous event and made this one more doable if you can't play 24/7 yet challenging. :D

Yes, I was SO glad to see a mask when I greeted a citizen. What a relief!

OzFamily
09-20-16, 04:14 PM
Part Three:

Greet Citizens - 10
Build Capulet Mansion

Reward is 40 masks.

Wow! You're moving fast! (Of course, I'm still trying to finish up work)

OzFamily
09-20-16, 04:16 PM

Yes- we're even getting 10 masks per order delivered!

judyvines
09-20-16, 04:30 PM
Wow! You're moving fast! (Of course, I'm still trying to finish up work)

Getting ten masks per entertainment delivery is really speeding things up. Having to wait for the Capulet Mansion will mean it will be a long time before I know what part four is.

OzFamily
09-20-16, 05:40 PM
The dog park gives 40 masks!

09-20-16, 05:59 PM
I've fully expanded and I'm waiting so long for the new expansion. But now come this event. The problem is that I have not enough land or enough inventory slot to collect so many masks. I have now 50 shovels 49 tripus and 42 saws with 165 slot in total. If I finish this I'll get more items then I'll have no slot to complete the new expansion demand. I'm stuck here actually. What can I do. I really don't want to remove all my items. It's so desperate.

09-20-16, 06:02 PM
I think the only way to do this is building civic buildings and sell them. At last I'm so rich now. I have 600+ thousand coins now.

OzFamily
09-20-16, 06:03 PM
I've fully expanded and I'm waiting so long for the new expansion. But now come this event. The problem is that I have not enough land or enough inventory slot to collect so many masks. I have now 50 shovels 49 tripus and 42 saws with 165 slot in total. If I finish this I'll get more items then I'll have no slot to complete the new expansion demand. I'm stuck here actually. What can I do. I really don't want to remove all my items. It's so desperate.

The masks do not go into the regular storage- you're good to go on that part at least!

judyvines
09-20-16, 06:16 PM
The dog park gives 40 masks!

The Community Garden only gave me one mask.

pipipooh1977
09-20-16, 06:20 PM
I didn't finish the last goal, it was impossible unless you play 24/7 and use gems. I hope this one is different. Also anyone else having issues with the graphics? Some of my buildings are purple.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 06:31 PM
I didn't finish the last goal, it was impossible unless you play 24/7 and use gems. I hope this one is different. Also anyone else having issues with the graphics? Some of my buildings are purple.

See Pink buildings and boxes (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94321-Pink-buildings-and-boxes). Reinstall your game and it will be fine. If it doesn't work for you, please make a report in the thread. Thanks.

09-20-16, 07:00 PM
When I master a entertainment business I'll get an item which add to my inventory slot or from greeting a citizen I may probably as well get an item. I haven't done this for a month and focus only on broad walk in order not to get items. But now I have to do so.

Rynetory2
09-20-16, 08:57 PM
Goals 1 to 3.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2318_zpst29xlz1a.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2320_zps6pyd3jfc.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/IMG_2321_zpsubkr4uts.jpeg

09-20-16, 11:10 PM
This event is really easy to complete. I have now 600 masks by building civic buildings and selling it. Coins is not really a matter since it can't buy diamonds. I have 600 thousand coins and nowhere to use it except building and rebuilding. But the problem is that after finish it I'll have no more inventory slot which means that I can't fulfill the demand of the next new expansion. Greeting every citizen or delivering every entertainment order may probably give me a certain item that I can do nothing about it but eliminate it from my storage. I have now 51 tripus 51 shovels and 43 raws with only 165 slot in total. If I eliminate any one of theses three kinds of items I'll lose the total number of them. And furthermore any two of theses three kinds of items are useless when I have not the last one because they work together to make new expansion. So when my storage is full , the only way is to remove them all. It's so desperate. To prevent getting more items I have not delivered any orders or greeting any citizens and focus only on the broadwalk orders since a month ago when I was fully expanded. Now I have to do this unless I ignore this event. I've been waiting so long for the new expansion but now this event makes me feel that it's the end of this game. If I can make some use of my shovels tripus and raws in any other kind of event it will be much much better and makes this game continuable.

judyvines
09-21-16, 04:40 AM
The Library gives 60 masks when you build it.

my607
09-21-16, 04:58 AM
I just build the library and got no mask at all. My mask count is wrong cuz I didn't get those peanuts and I know I didn't go pass limit. Do I reinstall? Anyone with this problem?

lilhobby4ever
09-21-16, 05:03 AM
Is this event really easier? Last one needed 330 volunteers for the last stage. This one needs 1700 masks. I didn't get to finish the final stage in the last event, not sure yet about this one. Fingers crossed! :D

my607
09-21-16, 05:15 AM
I just built the library and got no mask at all. My mask count is wrong it says I have over two hundred and no peanut in storage. Anyone with this problem.

09-21-16, 05:39 AM
Mission completed in 1 day. Just by building and rebuilding. It costs me 400 thousand coins in total. But never mind I still have 200 thousand now. And I don't really know how to use my coins otherwise. And luckily I still have 8 free item slot after this event. I hope next one will be the new expansion.

OzFamily
09-21-16, 05:42 AM
I just build the library and got no mask at all. My mask count is wrong cuz I didn't get those peanuts and I know I didn't go pass limit. Do I reinstall? Anyone with this problem?

I had a similar issue when I hit the 200 mark- just force close and reopen- that worked for me at least!

my607
09-21-16, 06:12 AM
I had a similar issue when I hit the 200 mark- just force close and reopen- that worked for me at least!

Is there anything I can do besides reinstall? It doesn't seem to be working I did it about three to four times already. Thanks

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 06:15 AM
I just built the library and got no mask at all. My mask count is wrong it says I have over two hundred and no peanut in storage. Anyone with this problem.

Same here. You're not alone on this, my607. I didn't get anything for dog park which was the first building I built for this event. That was before I hit 200. I got 40 masks for the puppet theatre, which I bought later. I'm thinking the masks may be random drop for civic buildings. We don't always get masks for every building? I don't know.

my607
09-21-16, 06:29 AM
Anyway I tried it again and spent more money and bought another civic building and it finally worked. Thanks Ozfamily

my607
09-21-16, 06:31 AM
Thanks Rynetory2

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 06:41 AM
Thanks Rynetory2

I'm checking with the team if they are random drops. Great that you got masks for your next building. Let me know if you don't get masks for others. I'll post when I've more news on this. Thanks.

zenobia42
09-21-16, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know how many masks each civic building get you? I did a family park and got 10. I see judyvines posted a library is 60. Any other counts anyone can share? I am going to have to put them all in storage after building, but I WILL need to build civic buildings, a lot of them, to complete this event and want to get the most masks per coin spent on them I can. Thanks.

ETA: If a family park is 10 and a library 60, it could be 10 masks per square. If it's that straightforward.

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 05:45 PM

I got confirmation that we should get masks for every civic building with the mask icon. They aren't sure why we both didn't and advise us to take photos for investigation if it happens again. Keep an eye on yours, I'll be doing that for mine.

Rynetory2
09-21-16, 05:47 PM
ETA: If a family park is 10 and a library 60, it could be 10 masks per square. If it's that straightforward.

That's what I thought too. I got 40 masks for puppet theatre, 2x2.

judyvines
09-22-16, 06:08 AM
Part four of four.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33608

ghjvcucjb
09-22-16, 11:51 AM
You need over a hundred masks a day to finish. The first day I was able to do this because I bought a zillion civic buildings but there's no way I could do that again. I can only have 1 entertainment shop at a time and it keeps asking for cleats so very slow going. This will be the second highly tedious event in a row for this game. Having to seriously consider deleting this one.

bakealot003
09-22-16, 02:17 PM
I am only getting 1 mask per order filled not 10 as someone previously posted ? This is not going very well for me eek....i have uninstalled reinstalled still 1 mask per order.

Guardian452
09-22-16, 02:20 PM
100 masks a day is easily doable. When one workshop is busy making your cleats, keep the other workshop busy making, popcorn, soda and speakers. Also, keep stocking up on those t-shirts, sneakers, pans and produce. If your inventory is stocked, sometimes you can fill 3 or 4 orders at once.

bakealot003
09-22-16, 05:25 PM
I am only getting 1 mask per order filled not 10 as someone previously posted ? This is not going very well for me eek....i have uninstalled reinstalled still 1 mask per order.

Reinstalled again ...Aha now 10 per order ...now we're cooking ...hooray! :D

09-22-16, 06:07 PM
U can sell it and rebuild if u have enough coins. By continuous building and rebuilding it can be done in a exactly short time. It costs me 400 thousand coins to finish the last stage in 1 day. U can try to do this according to ur own economic stand.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 06:27 PM
Reinstalled again ...Aha now 10 per order ...now we're cooking ...hooray! :D

Great to hear that your game is fine now! All the best for your event! :D

ghjvcucjb
09-22-16, 08:12 PM
100 masks a day is easily doable. When one workshop is busy making your cleats, keep the other workshop busy making, popcorn, soda and speakers. Also, keep stocking up on those t-shirts, sneakers, pans and produce. If your inventory is stocked, sometimes you can fill 3 or 4 orders at once.
Sorry, that's unrealistic for me. Only getting 1-2 masks here and there. Plus I can't play all day long. From yesterday to today I only got 30 masks and that's playing twice as much as I would like. It's becoming obvious that this game isn't meant for me.

U can sell it and rebuild if u have enough coins. By continuous building and rebuilding it can be done in a exactly short time. It costs me 400 thousand coins to finish the last stage in 1 day. U can try to do this according to ur own economic stand.
I have 50,000 so no that's not possible. Thanks though. Going to delete the game now

keeatoah
09-23-16, 12:07 AM
I have the EXACT same problem! I should've deleted the expansion parts rights after the last event, but I didn't think it would take this long for them to bring us the expansion! I also stopped collecting coins from people and now that I've had to, I've gotten even more expansion parts I don't need and less room in inventory. I never thought about building and selling the buildings though, so thank you for that idea! Good luck!

Mercy1st
09-23-16, 09:41 AM
We like the buildings too on this event. Reminiscent of the first event. Thanks S8

OzFamily
09-24-16, 05:11 AM
Has anyone needed caramel corn for an order since earning the 5 in the first milestone? It's interesting that after all these entertainment orders, not a single bag has been needed in my city...

Rynetory2
09-24-16, 06:42 AM
Has anyone needed caramel corn for an order since earning the 5 in the first milestone? It's interesting that after all these entertainment orders, not a single bag has been needed in my city...

I had several of those orders after which. Lucky you. :)

Mamatampa
09-24-16, 01:23 PM
I have built and stored businesses doing 2 of the entertainment selections at a time. There are no,longer any masks given for civic buildings or talking to people. I am not even getting masks for delivery and only need 4 to complete the event. Has anybody finished yet? I have mastered 3 businesses today and no masks were given. Are they stalling or is it able to be finished?

Never mind...closed game and when I reopened, the masks apparently caught up. I finished.

DragonsWolf07
09-25-16, 02:47 PM
What does the Stratford Theater do? Does it store businesses or just look pretty? I don't want to work to get 1,700 masks for just another pretty face. At least the Capulet Mansion stores houses, but I'm over run with businesses and need someplace to park them. Thanks.

monstertop
09-25-16, 05:26 PM
It'll add to your population. Not sure how much yet since no one updated this thread.

judyvines
09-25-16, 07:51 PM
What does the Stratford Theater do? Does it store businesses or just look pretty? I don't want to work to get 1,700 masks for just another pretty face. At least the Capulet Mansion stores houses, but I'm over run with businesses and need someplace to park them. Thanks.

The only thing it does, besides being a nice looking building, is add 20 to your city's population.

cquinn32
09-25-16, 09:03 PM
The only thing it does, besides being a nice looking building, is add 20 to your city's population.

Have to say I was expecting a little more from the GRAND PRIZE!! I like the mansion you get as the third prize much better.

judyvines
09-26-16, 06:19 AM
Have to say I was expecting a little more from the GRAND PRIZE!! I like the mansion you get as the third prize much better.

I agree. Prize number three is much better than the grand prize.

LauraV1
09-26-16, 08:42 AM
I finished today and received the grand prize.

OzFamily
09-27-16, 08:07 AM
I had surgery, so I'm a little behind with this goal (still should finish- got my mansion last night), but I do agree the final prizes so far for this game have been a little blah. We have so many ways to increase population, it would be neat if final prizes could increase population and business mastery stars- that would make them special. And, if you think about it, a theater would help with population, but also makes money, as would that production office and the citypalooza stage.

diabornet
09-27-16, 01:32 PM
Got about 250 masks still to go for grand prize.

This challenge is the best so far. The second level prize was diamonds not coins - good choice. And the third level prize - container for 18 houses without having to collect bricks and hard hats - very nice. And the fourth level prize - I don't have it yet but it is very desirable. Hopefully tomorrow.

zenobia42
09-28-16, 03:46 PM
Agree on lack of excitement for the final prizes in these events.

What I'd REALLY love is something like the Capulet Mansion, but that holds businesses. I am level 30 and have more than enough population but WAY short (about 200 stars) on mastery stars for the next level. That despite having 4 of each type of highrise. It's not that I haven't mastered enough. It's that 165 of my businesses are in storage. If I want to put them out, more of my residences/civic building population need to be stored and that number falls below what is needed for the next level. Not sure why event prizes are always population or population storage. We already have a ton more ways to fit more population per square (highrises, civics, AND landmarks) than businesses just with the regular game but only 1 way to get more stars per square (highrises). It seems to me with the regular game so unbalanced towards population, and hard hats nearly impossible to come by, that events should give us some relief for businesses instead.

pun8
09-29-16, 01:39 AM
Totally agree! I am level 28 and have 300+ businesses stored waiting for release once the bridges open up. Just gave up on expansion and sold all my tripods, saws and shovels. Finally........space to breathe in my inventory. Finally have more than enough stock of stuff other than expansion stuff. Now in no hurry for expansions and working on present goals. Wish. Hadn't held onto them for so long and not been actually able to enjoy the ga,e. They really need to put the option of deleting a few of the times instead of the whole lot or of selling them in the marketplace. Well!

DebVS
10-04-16, 02:38 AM
Hi, my masks have stopped appearing, the are no longer next to the goals, I only have 7 more masks to collect, is anyone else having this problem?

eagleville2
10-04-16, 03:38 AM
I am st?ck at 1696 maske, and citizens AS Well AS delivering orders stopped giring masks.Why?

eagleville2
10-04-16, 03:39 AM
Yes. They sre trying to make u spend 60 on masks

cquinn32
10-04-16, 06:26 AM
I am st?ck at 1696 maske, and citizens AS Well AS delivering orders stopped giring masks.Why?

This happened to me also. Try force closing your game and reopen it.

Rynetory2
10-04-16, 06:34 AM
Hi, my masks have stopped appearing, the are no longer next to the goals, I only have 7 more masks to collect, is anyone else having this problem?

If you dont see your masks next to your orders, it means you may have completed your event. Try restarting your game and click on your event space to check your event screen. Please let me know if you're still having issues.

Please try cquinn32's suggestion. If you are still having issues, please drop a bug post (with screenshots if possible) in the bugs forum as soon as you can.

This happened to me also. Try force closing your game and reopen it.

Thanks cquinn32.

DebVS
10-04-16, 10:44 PM
Thanks for your help, I had done a force close, when I clicked through the event info the final praise was in my storage, so all good, thanks

Rynetory2
10-05-16, 02:08 AM
Thanks for your help, I had done a force close, when I clicked through the event info the final praise was in my storage, so all good, thanks

Congratulations on finishing your event! Glad to hear that! :)