PDA

View Full Version : Stored seasonal/limited items accessibility

athenageez
09-19-16, 04:05 PM
Can we have a separate tab for stored items that are seasonal? Or at least make it so that after you place a seasonal/limited item the tab doesn't start over at the beginning again. I just re-decorated my bakery for the fall and I had to keep tapping to get back to my Halloween chairs and tables after placing each. and. every. single. one.

Something else I noticed after doing a complete re-haul of my bakery is the change in file size. Before it was pretty big - something over 500MB. After I re-decorated I saw that the app file size ballooned to 1.3GB. There was no update. Nothing else but my decorating changed. I tried restarting my phone and force closing the app. I thought maybe my old decorations and the new ones were still being stored in the data file and it needed a little reboot to clear them away. I waited a day. But it was still 1.3GB. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled and that did it - now BS is only 257MB!

I am now going to go and reinstall all of my S8 games to see if this is just how they operate. They (and my iMessages but that's another thing) are far and away the largest space hogs on my phone.

kooky panda
09-20-16, 08:58 AM
If you clear your cache, this will free up space. Certain images, sounds, etc are stored so your game runs faster:

Elsa;1257479']When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache. :)