PDA

View Full Version : Real Money spent

Alekzandrea
09-16-16, 06:16 PM
Im curious how much real money people are putting into the game. I'm thinking that's exactly why, they won't expand anything with coin.

Exeroth
09-16-16, 06:54 PM
Over the time I've spent playing not counting the two year hiatus I just got out of- making my total playtime roughly two and a half years- I've spent an estimated 200 dollars or so. Probably a little less than that, but I did just buy a 21 dollar value pack (I'm Canadian.)
I think there are plenty of people whom regularly spend money on this game, what with all the gold dragons I keep spotting on people's isles. This game has improved substantially since I left two years ago, but its certainly gotten allot more stingy too. We don't get gold for tournaments or as a prize in the spin-a-wheel anymore, and there isn't a quest in the outpost to search for gold. The parts needed for mining dragons just keep going up, and by the look of things they are REALLY pushing these limited dragons and value packs.
Perhaps people aren't spending money on this game like they used to...

Kennedward
09-17-16, 06:16 PM
$0

All my gold were saved up from free gold that the game used to offer, back then it was 30 gold for downloading another game app, then 15 for each level reached.

With that I saved up my first gold producing dragon, and I kept saving throughout the years to complete my gold producing dragons collection.

I feel lucky to be playing since the beginning since free gold was much easier to come by, now there's hardly any, and people have to spend money in order to get gold.

D_Raho
09-18-16, 03:20 AM
$0
I once spent some rewarded credit that was due to expire. But that's it. Aside from rewarded credit, I've never spent a single penny out of pocket for any mobile app. I dont even have a credit/debit card attatched to my Apple or Google accounts.

I rely on the people that religiously purchase things from apps to subsidize my gaming fun.

comeseecomesah
09-18-16, 06:18 AM
I'm sure a lot of people are spending alot on these games. You can clearly see in leaderboards people fighting to get to the top,and as in post above gold costing habs and dragons. That's their choice what they spend money on. Some people are house bound and or don't spend on on other stuff and they take pleasure in games. I don't go out spending money so I spend some on games. What I don't like is how hard they are making the events now making it almost impossible (and sometimes IS impossible )to complete without buying gold. Some people just cannot afford it,but when they started the free game it was made easier,and I think you can get a false impression,then you're hooked already . I liked it when I had the CHOICE of speeding things if I wanted to, and I did but now I'm getting annoyed with the greed and I'm spending less and less. I don't like that people who can't afford gold are feeling pushed out. I could go on but I won't.

feonalily
09-18-16, 01:56 PM
$40 to get my first 2 gold dragons, that's about it

9krm
09-18-16, 03:54 PM
I have bought gold (probably not in a year though), and I bought a starter pack, but I've only ever used google rewards money, not my own cash.

I don't begrudge people who choose to spend money. Everyone can spend their money however they want and to me this is no different than gaming, or going to the movies or whatever, but there used to be more chances to get gold in this game. When those existed, I was more likely to spend my google rewards credits on the game. Now that those have all disappeared, i'm not interested in spending a dime on the game.

Anaboe
09-18-16, 05:07 PM
30 euro's to buy my first Diamond-dragon.

With that one I could make Quetzal, and Crusader, and Mercury and Gold when the Olympus-glitch was working.

I saved enough gold to buy me to my first Champion in a Tournament, and that made it easy to win all other tournaments, especially after I got Rainbow Sentinel to lvl 15.

Then I saved enough gold to buy my first gold-giving dragon, and now I have 7, gonna buy my 4th nest, and have enough to get through every event without much struggle.

comeseecomesah
09-18-16, 06:14 PM
I have bought gold (probably not in a year though), and I bought a starter pack, but I've only ever used google rewards money, not my own cash.

I don't begrudge people who choose to spend money. Everyone can spend their money however they want and to me this is no different than gaming, or going to the movies or whatever, but there used to be more chances to get gold in this game. When those existed, I was more likely to spend my google rewards credits on the game. Now that those have all disappeared, i'm not interested in spending a dime on the game.

When the quest for free gold dissappeared I realized that was the start of the game wanting us to spend more and thought it would get worse, and it has. Well actually before that people were crying out for a gold spend confirm button and still are but still nothing done, so it's very obvious alot is made from all the peoples 'mistakes'. That really annoys me. I have 2 big islands I have spent gold on and 1 smaller island I don't spend gold on, and it's alot more difficult and sometimes impossible to achieve certain things on the smaller 1.
Now that the game events are harder and S8 is obviously making alot more money I feel they should deffinately add a gold spend confirm button and they should now stop relying on our mistakes and make their money with more integrity and give their players some of the things they want.
I would be more willing to spend gold again if I thought that we were actually respected and cared about. Loyalty.

Kennedward
09-18-16, 07:47 PM
When the quest for free gold dissappeared I realized that was the start of the game wanting us to spend more and thought it would get worse, and it has. Well actually before that people were crying out for a gold spend confirm button and still are but still nothing done, so it's very obvious alot is made from all the peoples 'mistakes'. That really annoys me. I have 2 big islands I have spent gold on and 1 smaller island I don't spend gold on, and it's alot more difficult and sometimes impossible to achieve certain things on the smaller 1.
Now that the game events are harder and S8 is obviously making alot more money I feel they should deffinately add a gold spend confirm button and they should now stop relying on our mistakes and make their money with more integrity and give their players some of the things they want.
I would be more willing to spend gold again if I thought that we were actually respected and cared about. Loyalty.

That's my point as well, about how free gold were basically taken away from us, which basically meant in order to get gold, you need to spend.

Kennedward
09-19-16, 01:01 AM
I'm sure a lot of people are spending alot on these games. You can clearly see in leaderboards people fighting to get to the top,and as in post above gold costing habs and dragons. That's their choice what they spend money on. Some people are house bound and or don't spend on on other stuff and they take pleasure in games. I don't go out spending money so I spend some on games. What I don't like is how hard they are making the events now making it almost impossible (and sometimes IS impossible )to complete without buying gold. Some people just cannot afford it,but when they started the free game it was made easier,and I think you can get a false impression,then you're hooked already . I liked it when I had the CHOICE of speeding things if I wanted to, and I did but now I'm getting annoyed with the greed and I'm spending less and less. I don't like that people who can't afford gold are feeling pushed out. I could go on but I won't.

Agreed

Looking at the high points in leaderboards, I'm sure many players are spending lots for leaderboards, but looking at their islands (from the top players in my previous groups), it seems they only spend to win leaderboards only cause i don't see anything else on their islands that were only purchasable with gold.

It's strange, cause you'd think maybe they'd at least buy the gold producing dragons, but then again, it's just the ones who were grouped with me, maybe some are different.

kooky panda
09-19-16, 09:23 AM
Closing thread since it has now gone off topic discussing more than "how much money you have spent in the game."