PDA

View Full Version : Earning XPs

Unregistered
03-05-11, 01:17 PM
Hey I recently noticed that I am earning XPs for tipping other players' establishments. But the number of points added aren't consistent and don't seem to correlate to number of tips given. Anyone else notice this, or figured out how tipping is "scored"? Or is it just an illusion caused by server lag times on tips I've picked up in my own shop?

Are there other ways of earning XPs that I'm unaware of?

- Picking up tips (1 XP per table)
- Cooking dishes (varies with dish and is distributed across multiple cooking steps of the item)
- Attaining ranked status for each dish (varies with the rank achieved)
- Buying items (not sure how this works, but I did notice you get XPs for purchases, at least with coins)

Unregistered
03-05-11, 02:25 PM
you get a star for tipping others.

If you want fast exp, prepare a dish, then trash it, prepare another, over and over. Its like exchanging coins for exp. Plus you can rank up dishes faster

Unregistered
03-05-11, 05:42 PM
you get a star for tipping others.

Would that mean one star per player tipped regardless of the number of coins you tip them?

If you want fast exp, prepare a dish, then trash it, prepare another, over and over. Its like exchanging coins for exp. Plus you can rank up dishes faster

Not sure why you would want to trash a dish...don't get it...explain?

Unregistered
03-05-11, 05:57 PM
You get a star each time you tip someone. Also, tipping somebody does not actually cost you money, so there's no reason not to fully tip a restaurant provided there are empty tables.

When you begin preparing a meal you earn experience and chef points. Then it takes an hour or however long for it to cook, and then you complete the meal and get the rest of the experience and chef points.

But, if you're in a hurry to level up, you can do the meal prep to earn experience, then as soon as it starts cooking, trash it and do prep for a different meal, then trash that and prep a new meal, and just keep doing that. Instead of waiting an hour for a meal to cook and an oven to open up, you simply keep restarting meals and earning experience for as long as you can afford to keep restarting new meals.

Unregistered
03-06-11, 03:54 AM
Not sure why you would want to trash a dish...don't get it...explain?
You trash it instead of waiting x minutes/hours for the meal to finish, since you get part of the XP points when you start cooking. You can also just make a load of french toast and sell it, but the coins suck.

mattdiner
03-11-11, 02:17 PM
You trash it instead of waiting x minutes/hours for the meal to finish, since you get part of the XP points when you start cooking. You can also just make a load of french toast and sell it, but the coins suck.

Most of the exp you earn comes from after you cook it. It might give you 4 to tap to prepare, but you earn a truckload more when you tap to serve.

kooky panda
03-11-11, 02:39 PM
Hey I recently noticed that I am earning XPs for tipping other players' establishments. But the number of points added aren't consistent and don't seem to correlate to number of tips given. Anyone else notice this, or figured out how tipping is "scored"? Or is it just an illusion caused by server lag times on tips I've picked up in my own shop?

Are there other ways of earning XPs that I'm unaware of?

- Picking up tips (1 XP per table)
- Cooking dishes (varies with dish and is distributed across multiple cooking steps of the item)
- Attaining ranked status for each dish (varies with the rank achieved)
- Buying items (not sure how this works, but I did notice you get XPs for purchases, at least with coins)

I do not think you get any xp's for tipping others. I have written down my xps then go out to tip and When I come back I have not gained any xps
when you are tipping others the +1 you see is saying that that person is getting the xp.
I could be wrong, but check your xps first then go tip and come back.

mattdiner
03-11-11, 02:43 PM
Maybe he or she is mixing up stars.
Red stars show how many times you tip a person and puts you higher on the community list.
Yellow stars are the xps.

kooky panda
03-11-11, 03:24 PM
Maybe he or she is mixing up stars.
Red stars show how many times you tip a person and puts you higher on the community list.
Yellow stars are the xps.

Hey did not know that one. Thanks