PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Waters - NEW Dragon Tales! September 16 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

Horseladi
09-23-16, 05:57 AM
Do the low levels typically have to hatch any dragons besides the event dragons? I see where the mid and high levels needed an island dragon and a fruitful dragon but are those normally asked of a low level? I have had an island dragon on my nest since about the 3rd chpt and I am on 8 now. Thank you.

Kennedward
09-23-16, 07:25 AM
Just finished Chapter 8

Betsy0923
09-23-16, 07:28 AM
Doing Quests like crazy because I know I will need a ton of Lilies to get through all of the crafting.

amerirish
09-23-16, 08:37 AM
Doing Quests like crazy because I know I will need a ton of Lilies to get through all of the crafting.

Better check in on your Water Sprite supply too...I'm up to chapter 9 tomorrow and I realized that I only had 3 of the 5 that I will need in the next two chapters :)

puppyzt
09-23-16, 09:03 AM
Just finished Chapter 8
Same here. :)

temecee
09-23-16, 09:05 AM
I'm on Chapter 8 and theoretically on track. I just forgot for one second that I have to raise the new dragon so I started evolving another dragon :(
Then again, tomorrow is Saturday so I have more time to do stuff so I should be ok if I start Chapter 10 on time.

puppyzt
09-23-16, 09:08 AM
Tip 1: don't have a life LOL

Tip 2: if poor, plant buff beets, if middle/upper class plant upgrapes, if multi millionaire and want a life, plant rushroom/ diamondates (basically, what suits your budget and lifestyles, upgrapes is the 2nd best with impruberries being #1 in yielding the most food per hour)

Tip 3: Put all dragons on a strict diet like they're living in Africa (choose a few you want to epic and just focus on them)

Hahaha...nothing really special, other than those I also mine and send my magic on quests (b/c I just don't want to see his face anymore after many 20 hours magic fails trying to breed a diamond)

Patience and perseverance is the key to playing this kinda game, I wouldn't stress about. You only need about 400k of apples for each tale. I do it cus I'm weird and obsess with certain numbers (more like a sense of completion like Sheldon Cooper if you watch the Big Bang Theory). :P

I would like to thank Waimanalokat too for his/her opinion and giving me a push to continue with the tale. Full speed ahead~
Jaja strict diet. If you are like sheldon, Imagine me, always keep my stock above 1'300,000 for just in case.
Love BBT. Is a shame that here on M?xico Warner change audio to Spanish I'll rather English, always adjust to SAP.

Kennedward
09-23-16, 09:51 AM
Seems a lot of players are on track, good luck all!

ksbmommy
09-23-16, 10:49 AM
You're kidding me right!? Not only do I have a food shortage to deal with but now you go add in a battle tournament too! What's up with that?! Nothing like making this a bit harder on the last two days...........

Betsy0923
09-23-16, 11:08 AM
Better check in on your Water Sprite supply too...I'm up to chapter 9 tomorrow and I realized that I only had 3 of the 5 that I will need in the next two chapters :)

Right, working on those as I can. I am still back on Chapter 6. Bad news because Flash tournament just started and I don't have any battles for this event until Day 4 of the Flash Tournament. Now I have to decide if I just sit out the Flash so that there are still low level dragons for me to battle on my day 9 or if I bet on my Diamond (15) and newly raised Champs. Any suggestions??

LauraGSJK
09-23-16, 11:18 AM
Hello everyone. I've got a question I'm hoping someone will help me out with. Maybe it has been asked already, but I didn't see it. Can we craft the Running River tiles in advance? Before the prompt asking to do so? And do we really have to place them, or will putting them in storage count. I'd sincerely appreciate any help. Thank you & good luck everyone! :)

(I waited until the event auto started, so I'm probably behind most of you)

Sorry for posting this again. I start chapter seven at reset time. (I'm at the high level range, although I feel like I don't belong there). Chapter eight looks VERY busy, and I'm hoping I can craft all four Running Rivers ahead of time. Will it count? As I wrote in my original post, I would sincerely appreciate any help. Thank you and best wishes. :)

puppyzt
09-23-16, 11:34 AM
Right, working on those as I can. I am still back on Chapter 6. Bad news because Flash tournament just started and I don't have any battles for this event until Day 4 of the Flash Tournament. Now I have to decide if I just sit out the Flash so that there are still low level dragons for me to battle on my day 9 or if I bet on my Diamond (15) and newly raised Champs. Any suggestions??

I'll pass on flash tournament. I'm ready to start chapter 9. 6 battles are required and I'm sure that the 4th or 5th enemy will be hard.

sitikiya
09-23-16, 11:41 AM
Has anyone else found that they win a battle but it does not register? This has just happened to me, I won one this morning, one after lunch and have just won another but it says I have only won 2/4? I uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still says the same.

LauraGSJK
09-23-16, 11:51 AM
Has anyone else found that they win a battle but it does not register? This has just happened to me, I won one this morning, one after lunch and have just won another but it says I have only won 2/4?

No, thankfully I have not had that problem, but I've had it not count other things. Have you tried force closing your game? That works for me. Good luck!

DR0G0N
09-23-16, 01:01 PM
Sorry for posting this again. I start chapter seven at reset time. (I'm at the high level range, although I feel like I don't belong there). Chapter eight looks VERY busy, and I'm hoping I can craft all four Running Rivers ahead of time. Will it count? As I wrote in my original post, I would sincerely appreciate any help. Thank you and best wishes. :)

More info: I crafted and placed one running river before the chapter started... and it counted :)
Because I had the second ready in the spell shop and Island ready on the nest, chapter 5 took me about 30 seconds to complete :D

So hopefully it works the same way for the aqua artifacts and the two rivers count towards the four needed for chapter 7...

Umm...that's all I read, as for me, I'm already behind a few chapters and just went with it and crafted all 4 rivers. I'm just gonna see how it unfolds and I'll let you know the results afterward if you haven't done so yet.

Edit: So...so far, it counted my rivers for chapter 5 too w/o waiting for the chapter to prompt me to start. Planing to craft the artifacts too in advance to see how that goes (currently on chapter 6).

sitikiya
09-23-16, 01:22 PM
I tried force closing the game but it didn't work, and I had to wait another hour before I could battle again.

anaghasaki
09-23-16, 01:33 PM
You're kidding me right!? Not only do I have a food shortage to deal with but now you go add in a battle tournament too! What's up with that?! Nothing like making this a bit harder on the last two days...........

No surprise at all!! This almost always happen.. There is either a regular or flash tournament ending on the Sunday of the last few days of tales.. Also another might be starting on Tuesday.. That is why many people plan and start their tales so that 10th day doesn't happen to be Sunday..
If you start on Friday (the day tales are released), your last day is Sunday (mostly last day of a tournament)
if you start on Sat, last day will be Monday (no tournament at all, but you MIGHT face a few high level opponents quite hard to beat)
if you start on Sunday, last day will be Tuesday ( half day normal with possible hard to beat opponents, but other half, you might get a tournament with the first low level opponents)
Therefore, starting on Sunday is safest, unless you have quite strong warriors and you are sure to finish a tournament on Saturday..

LauraGSJK
09-23-16, 05:33 PM
Umm...that's all I read, as for me, I'm already behind a few chapters and just went with it and crafted all 4 rivers. I'm just gonna see how it unfolds and I'll let you know the results afterward if you haven't done so yet.

Edit: So...so far, it counted my rivers for chapter 5 too w/o waiting for the chapter to prompt me to start. Planing to craft the artifacts too in advance to see how that goes (currently on chapter 6).

I can't thank you enough for your help! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Good luck with the wheel and the rest of the Dragon Tales! :D

Horseladi
09-23-16, 05:54 PM
Am I safe to place my island dragon out of my nest? I am waiting on level 9 on low level? I don't want to place him to early and it not count. Thank you.

LauraGSJK
09-23-16, 06:07 PM
Am I safe to place my island dragon out of my nest? I am waiting on level 9 on low level? I don't want to place him to early and it not count. Thank you.

You need to wait for the prompt asking you to breed the Island Dragon. Once prompted, it counts if you move it from the breeding den to the nest, or moving it from the nest. Good luck!

laurelsail
09-23-16, 06:15 PM
Can you hatch the Old Watcher egg early? Thanks!

Horseladi
09-23-16, 06:23 PM
Thank you. I wasn't sure if the low levels were typically asked to hatch other dragons.

Gladiola8
09-23-16, 08:55 PM
Can you hatch the Old Watcher egg early? Thanks!

I did by mistake, luckily it's ok. But won't do it next time, best to wait till the prompt ask you to.

Kennedward
09-23-16, 09:39 PM
Will begin chapter 9 soon, already have Ranger Dragon at level 14

catu1313
09-24-16, 12:25 AM
Has anyone else found that they win a battle but it does not register? This has just happened to me, I won one this morning, one after lunch and have just won another but it says I have only won 2/4? I uninstalled and reinstalled it but it still says the same.

I had it do that also and couldn't figure out any way to get that win to show up so I ended up having to win an extra battle. Luckily, it only failed to count one battle, but it's still a just tad annoying. 😊

DeeDe99
09-24-16, 12:27 AM
Started chpt 9. As I am flying (24 hours) during the tournament, I won't be able to finish it probably, so waited to start to get the early rounds for Tales. As it is, will have to start Chpt 10 early, in order to finish before my flight.

DR0G0N
09-24-16, 04:33 AM
I can't thank you enough for your help! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Good luck with the wheel and the rest of the Dragon Tales! :D

Thank you, I just caught up last night. Good luck to you too. :]

Does anyone know if the 1 Aqua Artifact from chapter 6 count towards the 2 Aqua Artifact in Chapter 9 ( so basically making 2 artifacts instead of 3 like the river runs)?

ksbmommy
09-24-16, 05:26 AM
Working on Act 9 - three battles down so far. Everything else is smooth sailing after that part.

Ranger is at a 14 and I've got Old Watcher in the evolution temple baking to a level 10. Food is super low - looks like I will not be able to make enough to get him to a 13, I'll try not sure just how short I will fall yet.

AliceWinter24
09-24-16, 05:29 AM
I started early to try for Fruitful, I have now reached the Chapter were I need it, but still no Fruitful in sight :O

LindenTX
09-24-16, 05:29 AM
I really, REALLY like these dragons! Esp. The Old Watcher (?). And tho' figuring how many & what & when to do the quests/crafts, I like that part. I hope asking friends for stuff from now on are NOT required after the 8th Chpt, b'cuz sometimes it takes 10+ hours for them to arrive on the requesters' isle. Time before last, my sister had to pay to skip the act requesting nbrs to send invites (or whatever it was), even tho' she was ahead of me before she got to that one. She started the last Chpt. on time & sent requests timely. Her nbrs also responded timely, but it took the game up to 10 hrs to get the invites to my sister's isle. Now guys, we all know that's not right. Is there any way we could go pick up what we need from our nbrs? Or not request them after the 8th Chpt? ALSO, do you do all the dragons? Or just event drags, or what. I'd really enjoy it if each drag's story/description included the designer's name. Thanks a bunch 'Foot! nadine

AliceWinter24
09-24-16, 05:31 AM
Low levels:

Chapter 8:

1. Complete To the Source
2. Craft & Place 4 Running Rivers
3. Raise your Ranger Dragon to level 9

LindenTX
09-24-16, 05:48 AM
For once, I really like a tile. Planning to craft as many as possible. Want a lovely stream meandering across the big island.

Only thing is, the parts only connect 2ways & neither allow for meandering, just sort of scalloping & skip a little space, turn left. Yeah, I was fully disappointed myself. Like you, FLB, I was designing a creek (not really big enough for a river in Texas haha!), but when I started laying them out, there was just a line of short humps, like scalloping. Hope you're enjoying the event! I like all 3 drags, esp one being an ultra.

temecee
09-24-16, 06:44 AM
A little behind due to the stupidity from yesterday but the dragon is evolving to level 7 now (and I have enough food to get him to level 8 (for chapter 9) and hopefully level 11 (if I got chapter 10 corectly) and I am now collecting runestones (again).

for the flash tournament - I got to the 6th battle (at least) just with Fire 11 and Forest 10 using bash. (if that helps anybody).

apparently not so ready as I thought since I don't have a blue stone :)
so I'll probably just get to chapter 9 and that's it. I'm not sure that I can get to chapter 10 and I'll not spend around 90 gold to skip a step. I prefer to use it in other ways.

Kennedward
09-24-16, 07:10 AM
Just finished Chapter 9, now to prepare for the last chapter

bullwine
09-24-16, 07:16 AM
Reality strikes. Finally occurred to me that spending all my food on dragons useless for battles makes no sense. I earned the first two dragons and I'm quitting even though I have sufficient food. Until we get more farms I'm passing on leveling up weak dragons to levels 13 and 14 while my warriors languish at level 10. More farms or food opportunities please.

puppyzt
09-24-16, 09:48 AM
Just finished Chapter 9, now to prepare for the last chapter

Question: Does the 1sth aqua art. count for the 2 that is required in the 4th action on chapter 8?

Kennedward
09-24-16, 09:49 AM
Question: Does the 1sth aqua art. count for the 2 that is required in the 4th action on chapter 8?

Yes

puppyzt
09-24-16, 09:54 AM
Thank you, I just caught up last night. Good luck to you too. :]

Does anyone know if the 1 Aqua Artifact from chapter 6 count towards the 2 Aqua Artifact in Chapter 9 ( so basically making 2 artifacts instead of 3 like the river runs)?

According to Kennedward, yes. The previous art counts.
Thanks Kennedward. :)

temecee
09-24-16, 10:24 AM
finally started chapter 9 and waiting for the dragon to evolve. also trying to get the missing blue gemstone in time. which I doubt will be possible, but....

waimanalokat
09-24-16, 11:16 AM
I am seriously envying you and DR0G0N for your food stock.. Any tips???

You have to want apples more than epic dragons. While stockpiling I didn't evolve anything beyond 4. Instead of trying for all dragons I try for specific ones I want. It took me 6 months of twice a day breeds to get scorpion and I saved up a lot of food then. Once there (1 mil.) it's pretty easy to maintain with diamondates and I have everyone elvolved level 7 now. Just set a goal and stick to it. Good luck!

archergurl
09-24-16, 12:00 PM
I started chapter 7. It says I have to have a noble crystal and raise Ranger dragon to a level 11. We're do I find a noble crystal?

calicokittennope
09-24-16, 12:08 PM
I really do not have fun when I'm forced to do a tournament during a storybook event.

I do not mind battles being part of storybooks, some probably don'[t like it but personally I don't mind. Regular battles that is! I do battleground daily nearly, I enjoy it. I do not enjoy tournaments, I am not high enough level for these, or rather my dragons aren't I guess. Then again, it does not seem to matter if I use a level 10 or a level 4, I do the same amount of damage every time. Whether the type is good against or not, it's the same. I'm trying my best to do the right type vs the dragon, but round three is just not going well.

I don't think I will get to finish the event and get the final dragon at this rate. Unless I get a lucky hit-crit and the rest are types I can win against, I'm going to just be throwing dragons into the spa all day long!

Maybe I just don't know how to play the game right but I think this sucks throwing a forced battle requirement set in during a tournament too. Just sayin... that isn't fun at all. Regular sort I was great with until suddenly there's the red sash tied across and I was like welp... there goes that fun.

calicokittennope
09-24-16, 12:11 PM
I started chapter 7. It says I have to have a noble crystal and raise Ranger dragon to a level 11. We're do I find a noble crystal?

It's in the market, pretty sure it was under "Buildings" category. It's instant once put on your land, no wait for build timer.. Pretty sure it was 500k.

DR0G0N
09-24-16, 12:30 PM

Thanks for relaying the message. XD

Anyways this is sweet, only need to craft 1 Altar and I'll be good with all the crafting stuff (made things in advance). Chapter 8, here I come!

Kennedward
09-24-16, 07:26 PM

No problem

Kennedward
09-24-16, 07:27 PM
Fully prepared for Chapter 10, putting the tournament battles on hold so I can finish them for Chapter 10

Exeroth
09-24-16, 09:08 PM
This Flash Tournament was quite the unwelcome surprise. I mean, if it at least had a nice dragon that fit the theme of the tales it would have been cool, but nope! Hoping I can do the rounds tomorrow. The double school supplies is very nice for everyone whom doesn't have a Teacher yet, at least. I'll be trying for my third.
Good luck to everyone in completing this Dragon Tales!

elektraalpha
09-24-16, 09:51 PM
I got 2 eggs. Not sure how this happen.

belarica
09-24-16, 11:04 PM
I got 2 eggs. Not sure how this happen.

Lucky! I want an extra

temecee
09-25-16, 12:59 AM
finally started chapter 9 and waiting for the dragon to evolve. also trying to get the missing blue gemstone in time. which I doubt will be possible, but....

yes, just like i was thinking.... i put forest and water together and today of all days i got gemstone :)
So, I'll just consider this finished and go on with the tournament.
But, all in all, with work and traveling and all of that I think that I did good. The scary thing is that the next tales I might end up on high levels (currently at 74). if I'm lucky I will get one more event on Mid Levels but I think that this is it for me :(

dragonmother17
09-25-16, 01:45 AM
I really do not have fun when I'm forced to do a tournament during a storybook event.

I do not mind battles being part of storybooks, some probably don'[t like it but personally I don't mind. Regular battles that is! I do battleground daily nearly, I enjoy it. I do not enjoy tournaments, I am not high enough level for these, or rather my dragons aren't I guess. Then again, it does not seem to matter if I use a level 10 or a level 4, I do the same amount of damage every time. Whether the type is good against or not, it's the same. I'm trying my best to do the right type vs the dragon, but round three is just not going well.

I don't think I will get to finish the event and get the final dragon at this rate. Unless I get a lucky hit-crit and the rest are types I can win against, I'm going to just be throwing dragons into the spa all day long!

Maybe I just don't know how to play the game right but I think this sucks throwing a forced battle requirement set in during a tournament too. Just sayin... that isn't fun at all. Regular sort I was great with until suddenly there's the red sash tied across and I was like welp... there goes that fun.

I rely on getting aTournie for the last couple of days! It means you can save the low level battles for the required battles for the tasks and have a good chance of getting them straight away. My level 190 island usually has no problems with battles but my small island couldn't do them without the low level Tournie rounds. Even my 190 island has been know to get stuck on a Battle,type for several hours as we don't have a Diamond to fight it. No such issues with the first stages of a Tournie.
Good luck!

raygill1
09-25-16, 03:10 AM
Just wanting to say sorry to anyone who's requesting items of me today! My gold giving screen is 'on hold' and your requests are not showing, I just checked and there were no requests, checked 5 mins later and there was a request that had been sent 2 hours ago. I didn't bother remembering who requests were from, just hurried through them and sent items as quick as I could! I'll keep checking as much as I can and send as soon as I see them! Sorry and I hope this makes sense!

Kennedward
09-25-16, 04:27 AM
In Chapter 10, act 3, now collecting runestones, should be able to finish tonight

Simdiva
09-25-16, 04:53 AM
Wow, sped up a few battles and wood nymph is on the nest what a beautiful egg! For the very first time I wasn't cleaned out of food and I was even able to raise two dragons to epic and give Glasswing some more food to forge his way to fifteen which is my next target along with Achilles. Good luck to all those still working your way through this. It's not as daunting as it appeared!

ksbmommy
09-25-16, 05:05 AM
Low levels

Chapter 9
Act 1 Breed air dragon with another
Act 2 Win three battles

Chapter 10 (four acts)
Act 1 Harvest 4 Fireapples
Act 2 Ask for 3 Water Orbs
Act 3
Act 4

I'll post back once he gets the orbs back

ksbmommy
09-25-16, 05:07 AM
I do not have the food to get the Old Watcher to a 13 - I have the gold to skip. So a question for the experts, is the Wood Nymph worth the gold to skip this step (225 is what has been posted)?!?!?!?

KK1501
09-25-16, 05:14 AM
Low levels

Chapter 9
Act 1 Breed air dragon with another
Act 2 Win three battles

Chapter 10 (four acts)
Act 1 Harvest 4 Fireapples
Act 2 Ask for 3 Water Orbs
Act 3
Act 4

I'll post back once he gets the orbs back

He should start planting pumpwings :-)

Act 3 Collect 40 runstones

dragonfliesplace
09-25-16, 05:32 AM
I do not have the food to get the Old Watcher to a 13 - I have the gold to skip. So a question for the experts, is the Wood Nymph worth the gold to skip this step (225 is what has been posted)?!?!?!?

How much more food do you need? Check to see if youre better of buying food with your gold.
I'm no expert lol but personally I wouldn't because there are new dragons popping up all the time.
I have skipped getting the third dragon a couple of times and to be honest, I don't miss them because i cant even remember what they were.

temecee
09-25-16, 05:48 AM
How much more food do you need? Check to see if youre better of buying food with your gold.
I'm no expert lol but personally I wouldn't because there are new dragons popping up all the time.
I have skipped getting the third dragon a couple of times and to be honest, I don't miss them because i cant even remember what they were.

Yeah, at the end of the day this was my reasoning. I would be too much effort/gold/potentially money to get the last dragon at thin point so I'll just skip it and move on :)

dragonfliesplace
09-25-16, 06:38 AM
Yeah, at the end of the day this was my reasoning. I would be too much effort/gold/potentially money to get the last dragon at thin point so I'll just skip it and move on :)

Better off to just continually building food to 400,000. Eventhough i have enough food, i still contemplated with continuing.

puppyzt
09-25-16, 07:25 AM
Here I'm waiting for water orbs. With timer at 16 hrs to close the event.
80 runestones, 5 battles and craft the altar; are the only things between the dragon and me.
No stress, no stress...

bravewarrior
09-25-16, 08:13 AM
Why fire apples??? Why not "one hour food of your choice"? Serously, harvesting fire apples is like wasting an hour of your life, like when I'm sitting through a bad meeting at work and afterwards, I want my hour back.

As of this morning I have achieved my personal best of ONE BILLION COINS! #IHaveNoLife

Kennedward
09-25-16, 08:22 AM
Finished this, as well as tournament at the same time

beastmode12thfan
09-25-16, 08:29 AM
One billion!! That's awesome. I'm pretty proud of my 100,000,000 achievement ��

temecee
09-25-16, 08:39 AM

Congrats on both of them!

beastmode12thfan
09-25-16, 08:56 AM
So I've received 5 water orbs. But on my news feed it says people gave me mystic maps. So does recovering mystic maps count toward water orbs? That's pretty cool! I hope I have enough neighbors that are active!

byteme77
09-25-16, 09:36 AM
stupid game lagged on me so looks like wasted gold and started chapter 9 early nows :/

Kennedward
09-25-16, 09:37 AM
Congrats on both of them!

Thanks!

And good luck all who are still playing

DragonHeartKai
09-25-16, 09:43 AM
Why is so hard to get water orbs!!! I sent a request to all neighbors and has been stuck on 11 most of the day well at least six hours. I even sent a request to my other account and haven't received the request for it. Do they want you to spend gold to achieve this quest!!!

ksbmommy
09-25-16, 09:52 AM
I'm not going to finish. I sent the water orb request to 20 people at 7:30 am and five hours later, still waiting, only 12 returned and these are active neighbors. Very frustrating to have to wait on others to move forward. Will focus on the flash tourney and getting all my new dragons fed up to a 7 to maybe be useful.

DragonHeartKai
09-25-16, 09:58 AM
Sent 70 requests for the water orbs to my neighbors and at least 90% of my neighbors are active.

puppyzt
09-25-16, 10:16 AM
Congrats. Wow thats great. Hope I can manage to do the same.
#sticktomyphone

bravewarrior
09-25-16, 10:45 AM
I only needed 15 maps so I only asked from 19 active players a few days ago. That worked for me this time because I got my orbs in an hour. I had to pay a bunch of gold on another story tournament because I was one item short and I never want to do it again. I did just pay 30 gold to get through a battle though. I figure 30 or 60 pieces is a good investment because in the end I'll end up with two dragons that aren't common. #JustHavingFun

FYI: I'm only accepting orb requests today and tomorrow because I don't want to mess anyone up. I'm not rejecting maps and I'll do them Tuesday morning after I check for orb requests first.

puppyzt
09-25-16, 10:46 AM
Thanks to my dears nbrs. All orbits were received. I already had the crops for runestones.
Now battling, and of course lost against Prisma... and the next one is High noon D. Well if I don't win the tale, at least I'll win the tournament.
Cleansing altar and Old watcher already craft and leveled. Just waiting to win battles. Timer 12 hr.

DragonHeartKai
09-25-16, 01:02 PM
Sent 70 requests for the water orbs to my neighbors and at least 90% of my neighbors are active.

Thanks S8 still not received anymore than 11 water orbs and with it being 21:00hrs had to spend gold to get the 4 missing orbs. I know it's not my neighbors as I've got another account and it still hasn't received the request after 9 hours of waiting!!!

You must have a look into this as it's supposed to be fun not stressful!!!!

SofiaDeo
09-25-16, 01:22 PM
If u want the Tales dragon, wait on the battles. 2 of my accts are same level, use same dragons in battle, and one won NP with lvl 9 ultra Champion, the other acct lost every. Single. Battle. & took over 24 hours before the losing streak stopped.

SofiaDeo
09-25-16, 01:28 PM
Thanks S8 still not received anymore than 11 water orbs and with it being 21:00hrs had to spend gold to get the 4 missing orbs. I know it's not my neighbors as I've got another account and it still hasn't received the request after 9 hours of waiting!!!

You must have a look into this as it's supposed to be fun not stressful!!!!

Did you stop requesting Mystic Maps 2-4 days ahead of the Orb request? Did you expand if you had the maps to do so? Did you send/accept your gold reqs? I have noticed maps trickling in up to 4 days (so far) after my last request. If your queue is blocked with these items that could b the problem. S8 doesnt state this explicitly anywhere I can find, but my bottleneck went away after I started doing this. Also, time of day (i.e how busy are the servers?) also affects this IMHO. I stayed up late last night til the clock turned over, sent out my Orb requests, and my other 3 accts saw those requests within 10 minutes. But I M noticing that on some peeps, I see a req on one acct but there is a delay on the other accts (this usually occurs during "peak" hours, thats why I think time of day can b a factor)

Nikkook
09-25-16, 01:51 PM
So I've received 5 water orbs. But on my news feed it says people gave me mystic maps. So does recovering mystic maps count toward water orbs? That's pretty cool! I hope I have enough neighbors that are active!
No I don't think so. My news feed always shows fewer neighbour items and / or m aps than I actually received, otherwise I just completed day 10 with only 9 water orbs. No maps today either.

DragonHeartKai
09-25-16, 01:56 PM
Yeah I requested maps yesterday (I think) as I'm in the middle if expanding just now and I understand that the servers are going to be busy too but surely they have to copy with this demand. I've never had a problem like this before but I'll know the next time to pay gold to get to the last day early to save any bottleneck problems.

Thanks for the info SofiaDeo

grassprawn
09-25-16, 02:30 PM
This is really bs. Sent request to my 77 neighbors n at least half of them are active. Half a day has gone and I'm still stuck on 12 orbs. It was 3 days ago I reqested map so Why I have been capped at 12 I have no clue. I can spend gold but I refuse this time. If they put a cap on, then they r just con.

DragonflyRocket
09-25-16, 02:42 PM
Not sure I'm going to complete this one without spending gold.
I'm all set except for the 5 battle wins (9hrs to go), still on 0 and stuck on Centurion in the Tournament. SMH

belarica
09-25-16, 02:52 PM
This is really bs. Sent request to my 77 neighbors n at least half of them are active. Half a day has gone and I'm still stuck on 12 orbs. It was 3 days ago I reqested map so Why I have been capped at 12 I have no clue. I can spend gold but I refuse this time. If they put a cap on, then they r just con.

In the future you should test with your map requests to find out who responds and how quickly. Like only requesting 10 a day and making note of who responds so for the next tales you will know exactly who to send requests to. When you send out 77 requests, only 20 random people will receive the request (even inactive neighbors)

The only cap there is is how many neighbors will actually see the request today.

grassprawn
09-25-16, 03:20 PM
Thx didn't know only 20 random neighbors received request. Well what a waste of 9 days trying to finish this event. Funny thing is I don't feel like I'm missing something if I didn't get the last dragon. I just feel they are really inceasing any possible ways to get us to spend gold. Don't blame them. They got to get fed.

nukesters2
09-25-16, 04:13 PM
Without reading 37 pages, can someone please tell me how many food I will need to get my watcher dragon from the start of level 10 through to level 13? Trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to skip or buy food. At this point I have no food left at all. Thanks in advance :)

ksbmommy
09-25-16, 04:23 PM
Only 13 orbs back after 12 hours. Either crummy neighbors all of the sudden or the servers stink.......

My son is so disappointed, the last very task for low levels was to get his ranger to a 10. He barely got it to a 9 yesterday. He won't get the old watcher he really wanted. He tried so hard, but he doesn't have the coins or space to upgrade all his farms so he was determined to try and make it planting buffbeets every 3 minutes. With him having adhd, that idea didn't last too long.

belarica
09-25-16, 04:58 PM
Without reading 37 pages, can someone please tell me how many food I will need to get my watcher dragon from the start of level 10 through to level 13? Trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to skip or buy food. At this point I have no food left at all. Thanks in advance :)

95k apples I believe.

dkswong
09-25-16, 06:16 PM
I stuck on 13 water orbs. So this may be the last straw for this game.

Gladiola8
09-25-16, 06:22 PM
Wood Nymph is mine. My thanks to the wonderful neighbours for the quick water orbs response.

Good luck to all who are still working to reach the finish line.

DragonflyRocket
09-25-16, 09:43 PM
2 1/2hrs to win one more battle and I'll be done.

Had to ultimate twice in the tournament so it didn't affect my tales, as it was too many apples to waste on not completing at Ch10.
Though 60 gold is a lot when you don't have any gold producing dragons. :(

Update: Wood Nymph is now in storage.
Congrats to those you have completed and good luck to those still competing.

AliceWinter24
09-26-16, 01:46 AM
Low levels:

Chapter 1:

1. Plant 5 Buffbeets
2. Harvest 5 Buffbeets

Chapter 2:

1. Win a battle arena match
2. Collect 50 runestones

Chapter 3:

1. Win a battle arena match
2. Auto-Completed

Chapter 4:

1. Craft and hatch your Ranger Dragon
2. Harvest 5 Pumpwings
3. Raise your Ranger Dragon to level 4

Chapter 5:

1. Complete Strange Water
2. Collect 50 Runestones

Chapter 6:

1. Raise your Ranger Dragon to level 7
2. Complete To the Source
3. Craft and place 2 Running Rivers

Chapter 7:

1. Complete Strange Water
2. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches

Chapter 8:

1. Complete To the Source
2. Craft & Place 4 Running Rivers
3. Raise your Ranger Dragon to level 9

Chapter 9:

1. Breed an Air Dragon with another Dragon
2. Win 3 Battle Arena Matches

Chapter 10 :

1. Harvest 4 Firapples
2. Ask for 3 Water Orbs
3. Collect 40 Runestones
4. Raise you Ranger Dragon to level 10

FieldsLikeB
09-26-16, 02:12 AM
Two unfinished tales due to crafting glitching. This time it was one of the aqua artifacts refusing to register. Grrr

raygill1
09-26-16, 05:52 AM
Can anyone who has completed the tales let me know if they crafted their items for chapter 9 & 10 early? And if so did it register? Cheers

AuroraLava
09-26-16, 08:23 AM
Good luck to everyone who is almost finished. I am logging in about every 3 hours and returning all water orb requests and map requests I see. I am doing the water orbs first, then the maps to clear out my list. Please remember me when I request orbs in the next two days!!!!

amerirish
09-26-16, 08:44 AM
Can anyone who has completed the tales let me know if they crafted their items for chapter 9 & 10 early? And if so did it register? Cheers

Yes and yes :D

amerirish
09-26-16, 08:46 AM
Good luck to everyone who is almost finished. I am logging in about every 3 hours and returning all water orb requests and map requests I see. I am doing the water orbs first, then the maps to clear out my list. Please remember me when I request orbs in the next two days!!!!

I'm force closing/reopening several times a day so that I can be sure to respond promptly to requests :)

monbohn
09-26-16, 04:05 PM
Well, I'm on chapter 9 and down to only 1k food. Watcher evolving to level 10 right now so I think I need 65k more food...is that right? Is there any way I can do this in time?

anaghasaki
09-26-16, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm on chapter 9 and down to only 1k food. Watcher evolving to level 10 right now so I think I need 65k more food...is that right? Is there any way I can do this in time?

I may be wrong, but I think you need 95000 food..
From 10 to 11: 30000
11 to 12: 30000
12 to 13: 35000
Total 95000

monbohn
09-26-16, 04:47 PM
Total 95000

Omg, you're right. Crud. I will either have to buy food or forget about the last dragon. :(

Edit: Or 225 gold to skip that.

shawa13
09-26-16, 06:37 PM
I hate collecting from neighbors on day 10. It looks like a shameless ploy to force me to use gold. I have waited 12 hours and still don't have 15 Water Orbs. It really takes the fun out of the game. Day 9, sure. But don't make dependent on flakey servers on the last day.

nyrrem
09-27-16, 12:09 AM
Argh. It is so unfortunate that the tales finishes at 8am here and that my baby slept through the night. I only had a few battles to finish. I had planned on speeding up the arena but I woke up 2 minutes too late. Oh well. At least I got a good sleep.

LauraGSJK
09-27-16, 01:05 AM
I hate collecting from neighbors on day 10. It looks like a shameless ploy to force me to use gold. I have waited 12 hours and still don't have 15 Water Orbs. It really takes the fun out of the game. Day 9, sure. But don't make dependent on flakey servers on the last day.

I agree with you. I don't think we should have to get so many either. I can see ten, on day 8 or earlier. At least it's not 20. I just started chapter 10. I've done two things ahead of time. I'm worried I won't get the 15 water orbs in time to battle. I cannot afford to use any gold. This is the first Dragon Tales I had enough food. It would be a shame to get this far & not win the final dragon because not everyone is as willing to make the sacrifice (like sweet AuroraLava), and check their game real often for requests.

Argh. It is so unfortunate that the tales finishes at 8am here and that my baby slept through the night. I only had a few battles to finish. I had planned on speeding up the arena but I woke up 2 minutes too late. Oh well. At least I got a good sleep.

Aww, I'm SO very sorry. Glad your baby slept through the night, but very sorry you didn't get to finish the event.

Congratulations to those who have finished, and good luck to those still working on it! Also, good luck to everyone on the Leaderboard event! I won't be spending, not even one bar, of gold on that event. :D

Verucka
09-27-16, 02:22 AM
Omg, you're right. Crud. I will either have to buy food or forget about the last dragon. :(

Edit: Or 225 gold to skip that.

Im just like you... its sucks!

viridium
09-27-16, 03:26 AM
why is no one sending of my 300 neighbours back?I did not request yesterday maps or something.
Plz add me

otrhkw
09-27-16, 04:01 AM
Please help to solve the problem!!! I got the required number of water orb, but it is not confirmed.

AuroraLava
09-27-16, 05:11 AM
Today is WATER ORB day!!!! Please reply to ORBS before you reply to Mystic Maps for me.

I am logging in every hour (except when I have class) to return requests. I am sending out my requests in batches of about 25 as someone recommended..PLEASE check your game and send them back to me. Good luck everyone!!!!

AuroraLava
09-27-16, 05:29 AM
I agree with you. I don't think we should have to get so many either. I can see ten, on day 8 or earlier. At least it's not 20. I just started chapter 10. I've done two things ahead of time. I'm worried I won't get the 15 water orbs in time to battle. I cannot afford to use any gold. This is the first Dragon Tales I had enough food. It would be a shame to get this far & not win the final dragon because not everyone is as willing to make the sacrifice (like sweet AuroraLava), and check their game real often for requests.

Aww, I'm SO very sorry. Glad your baby slept through the night, but very sorry you didn't get to finish the event.

Congratulations to those who have finished, and good luck to those still working on it! Also, good luck to everyone on the Leaderboard event! I won't be spending, not even one bar, of gold on that event. :D

Thanks for the shoutout!!! I was able to check so often because as a college student my schedule is pretty flexible on certain days. I don't have classes on Monday and only have to work 5 hours in the office so I can afford to sneak peaks on the game when I don't have students coming in. :-)

AuroraLava
09-27-16, 05:30 AM
Force close your game. I was seeing that too but when I closed my game and returned it is now showing 7.

Donnasadoptables
09-27-16, 06:05 AM
18 hours left on the timer and just starting day 10. Watcher dragon only on level 8, so really doesn't look promising. I lost 8 hours of planting yesterday thanks to cell phone problems. Planting my firapples in 2 minutes. It will take a miracle to make it.

AuroraLava
09-27-16, 06:10 AM
Thank you AWESOME neighbors...I just got all my orbs on both accounts!!! I am still logging every hour today except from noon to 2pm to return orb requests and accept new neighbors!!!

Good luck everyone!

Donnasadoptables
09-27-16, 06:24 AM
Total 95000

Uh, do you know how much is required to get from level 9 to 10? I still need 18,000 on level 8 to get to level 9

Donnasadoptables
09-27-16, 06:26 AM
Thank you AWESOME neighbors...I just got all my orbs on both accounts!!! I am still logging every hour today except from noon to 2pm to return orb requests and accept new neighbors!!!

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! I have 3 of my 15 back in 10 minutes. I did send you a friend request. Now if I can just get enough food....

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 07:21 AM
I need to collect one more water orb. I accidentally sent request for maps yesterday so this loss may be my fault as people may have sent maps today and I'm at my limit. Ugh! Should I spend the 75 gold? Dumb mistake on my part!

amerirish
09-27-16, 07:34 AM
I need to collect one more water orb. I accidentally sent request for maps yesterday so this loss may be my fault as people may have sent maps today and I'm at my limit. Ugh! Should I spend the 75 gold? Dumb mistake on my part!

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's really a terrible system to have so many neighbor requests on the last day of the event. Too big of a margin for error IMHO :(

Did you send me a request? I'm force closing & reopening several times a day in order to catch requests promptly.

irishcoffee30
09-27-16, 07:38 AM
Orb day! Good luck everyone! I'll be checking the game just about every hour.

anaghasaki
09-27-16, 07:39 AM
Uh, do you know how much is required to get from level 9 to 10? I still need 18,000 on level 8 to get to level 9

I think we need about 380500 food minus the 18000 which we get as reward.. This is for the high level.. I don't know about mid and lower level.. About starting now.. Well even if you don't start, your timer will automatically start today, so you don't really have an option..
I think these are the food requirements for both the dragons.. (No claim for accuracy)
http://i68.tinypic.com/2j5kqyu.jpg

High level players need to evolve ranger to 14 and Old watcher to 13..

30000 from 9 to 10..

june_ft
09-27-16, 07:46 AM
Hi I am still 2 orbs short, am I allowed to ask for neighbours here? :)

I will definitely help you in return; I will log in every hour or so from now till the end of the event (I will be heading to bed in two hours but when I get up I will still keep checking)
Good luck everyone :) hope we all finish it in time!

31aug2002
09-27-16, 07:55 AM
Hi I am still 2 orbs short, am I allowed to ask for neighbours here? :)

I will definitely help you in return; I will log in every hour or so from now till the end of the event (I will be heading to bed in two hours but when I get up I will still keep checking)
Good luck everyone :) hope we all finish it in time!

Hi you can add me
My ID is
31aug2002
My baby account is
Skuthu

31aug2002
09-27-16, 08:00 AM
Hey every one.
I am on the battle stage of chapter 10. And I am facing this stubborn old Dozer dragon. My Glasswing 11, Infinity 12 , and Fire 15 have lost to it .
Any suggestions pls help.

Donnasadoptables
09-27-16, 08:02 AM
30000 from 9 to 10..

OK. I bought enough gold to skip the level 13 goal if needed. Still hoping to get/buy enough food to actually do it without skipping, but I'll do whichever is more cost effective.

Currently have 12 out of my 15 orbs collected. The final crafting item is being crafted as we speak. I think this might be doable.

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 08:05 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's really a terrible system to have so many neighbor requests on the last day of the event. Too big of a margin for error IMHO :(

Did you send me a request? I'm force closing & reopening several times a day in order to catch requests promptly.

Just sent you a neighbor request. Then will send orb request. Thanks!

amerirish
09-27-16, 08:27 AM
Got the neighbor request & accepted; no orb request though :(

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 08:28 AM
Got the neighbor request & accepted; no orb request though :(

Just sent it. Thank you!

amerirish
09-27-16, 08:30 AM
Been force closing & reopening a bunch of times - still no request from you. I will keep trying! Going out to lunch soon so will have more time to watch out for it :)

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 08:54 AM
Been force closing & reopening a bunch of times - still no request from you. I will keep trying! Going out to lunch soon so will have more time to watch out for it :)

Thank you so much! I think I messed up by sending that map request yesterday and can only get the 14 I have received. I have many active neighbors so these are typically easy to get. It's my fault and I'm kicking myself for it. 75 gold I guess.

JDanil07
09-27-16, 09:12 AM
I don't often get far enough in the Tales for the "request from neighbors" part to be an issue, but it sure is frustrating this time! I haven't requested Maps for at least 12 days. I sent out my Orb request about 5 hours ago. So far my News Feed shows 5 neighbors sending Orbs and 5 neighbors sending Maps (!) and the Tales counter shows 8 Orbs received. Force-closing and re-opening makes no difference.

Also, I have seen very few request for Orbs in the last few days, but many requests for Maps. I reply to all requests, but I suspect the game is interchanging the names of objects requested. I haven't noticed whether my number of actual Maps is increasing. I sure hope it's not crediting me with Maps when I asked for Orbs!

31aug2002
09-27-16, 09:18 AM
I don't often get far enough in the Tales for the "request from neighbors" part to be an issue, but it sure is frustrating this time! I haven't requested Maps for at least 12 days. I sent out my Orb request about 5 hours ago. So far my News Feed shows 5 neighbors sending Orbs and 5 neighbors sending Maps (!) and the Tales counter shows 8 Orbs received. Force-closing and re-opening makes no difference.

Also, I have seen very few request for Orbs in the last few days, but many requests for Maps. I reply to all requests, but I suspect the game is interchanging the names of objects requested. I haven't noticed whether my number of actual Maps is increasing. I sure hope it's not crediting me with Maps when I asked for Orbs!
Just sent you a neighbour request. ..add me and send orb request. Will send back asap

JDanil07
09-27-16, 09:23 AM
Just sent you a neighbour request. ..add me and send orb request. Will send back asap
Thanks!

june_ft
09-27-16, 09:29 AM
Thanks all ! I have got enough orbs :D
But will keep checking for anyone in need after I wake up in 7 hrs :)

31aug2002
09-27-16, 10:00 AM
Please help me with the Dozer dragon... It's kicking the [] out of all my dragons.
Already lost 4 Dragon's to it.
I have not recovered yet from the grueling tournament...one of my worst. ..and now this ... The spa is doing overtime on my island.

amerirish
09-27-16, 10:02 AM
Please help me with the Dozer dragon... It's kicking the [] out of all my dragons.
Already lost 4 Dragon's to it.
I have not recovered yet from the grueling tournament...one of my worst. ..and now this ... The spa is doing overtime on my island.

Have you tried a single element dragon like Fire, Forest, Air or Water? Fire seems to do very well for many players. I typically start with Champs or Diamonds, but will try a Common or a baby dragon in a pinch. Good luck! :)

Ilsadrago
09-27-16, 10:15 AM
I can't find the comment, but regarding asking neighbors for items, someone wrote that if you select more than 20 neighbors to ask the game selects 20 random neighbors and only sends the request to them.

Is this true? It doesn't seem correct to me. I know we only recieve 20 items per day, but I always thought it was from the 1st 20 to respond, not that only 20 were sent the request.

kooky panda
09-27-16, 10:21 AM
Please help to solve the problem!!! I got the required number of water orb, but it is not confirmed.
Please try force closing or exiting your game to see if they show up.

JDanil07
09-27-16, 10:35 AM
I can't find the comment, but regarding asking neighbors for items, someone wrote that if you select more than 20 neighbors to ask the game selects 20 random neighbors and only sends the request to them.

Is this true? It doesn't seem correct to me. I know we only recieve 20 items per day, but I always thought it was from the 1st 20 to respond, not that only 20 were sent the request.

I have been careful to track which of my neighbors have been active in the last month, and my first request only went to 20 active neighbors. After a few hours I sent to 10 more, also active, and to Stormie. With the help of a few new neighbors this morning, my News Feed now says I have received 10 Orbs and 5 Maps (and I haven't requested maps for 12 days), and the Tales counter says I have 13/15 Orbs. The numbers are so bogus!

anaghasaki
09-27-16, 11:21 AM
I have been careful to track which of my neighbors have been active in the last month, and my first request only went to 20 active neighbors. After a few hours I sent to 10 more, also active, and to Stormie. With the help of a few new neighbors this morning, my News Feed now says I have received 10 Orbs and 5 Maps (and I haven't requested maps for 12 days), and the Tales counter says I have 13/15 Orbs. The numbers are so bogus!

One more problem is that the players are spread out all over the world.. So, even if I have list of my active players, I don't know their time zones and their free times.. So may be a neighbor is active, but at the time when I go to sleep or work.. It takes quite a lot of effort to know exactly which neighbor is active at the time I need them.. Have to see who responds daily at what time..

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 11:26 AM
Just finished. Had to spend the 75 gold, but that's worth it for my mistake of sending out map request yesterday.

I waited to feed my old watcher dragon until after leaderboard event started and I got received almost 200 points in leaderboard. Very cool!

sophiensissi
09-27-16, 11:28 AM
One more problem is that the players are spread out all over the world.. So, even if I have list of my active players, I don't know their time zones and their free times.. So may be a neighbor is active, but at the time when I go to sleep or work.. It takes quite a lot of effort to know exactly which neighbor is active at the time I need them.. Have to see who responds daily at what time..

That's why it's not really fair to make the last day 15 neighbor requests and 5 battles. Not to mention the fire apples and ruhestones needed. Makes it impossible not to spend gold on something. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Send me a neighbor request and I will get you an orb right away.

anaghasaki
09-27-16, 11:31 AM
Just finished. Had to spend the 75 gold, but that's worth it for my mistake of sending out map request yesterday.

I waited to feed my old watcher dragon until after leaderboard event started and I got received almost 200 points in leaderboard. Very cool!

Ahhhh.. Didn't think about feeding during LB.. Mistake mistake..

otrhkw
09-27-16, 12:01 PM
Please try force closing or exiting your game to see if they show up.

It did not help to solve the problem, reinstall the game did not produce results.

belarica
09-27-16, 01:38 PM

It was my comment. I know I'm right because when I ask for maps, I select everyone on my list. I'm neighbors with my baby account. My baby account usually does not even see my map request on the day I ask, sometimes not even until the third day after I've asked. I don't ask for maps every single day, the requests my baby account sees are 2-3 days old.

It also explains why when people ask for tales items like the orbs, the biggest mistake is to select every single neighbor. Oftentimes your active neighbors will not see your orb request until the next day because there are only 20 "active" requests a day. This morning I carefully selected 20 (to be safe) neighbors from my list that I know are usually checking at that time of day and received my orbs within an hour.

So thank you awesome neighbors for the speedy response!

pribakes
09-27-16, 02:23 PM
Im now 13/15, send request to All my neighbors, didnt know I should only send to 20, need New neighbor to test if I can send to more people, My id: pribakes, will help if you need, thanks :)

calicokittennope
09-27-16, 02:35 PM
All day I've been force close/open the game way more than normal to answer requests. I think one or two water orbs and a bunch of maps. I do this every day a few times, but WAY more today because people need these things now. I'd swear that one of the map requests said 7 days ago on it, but I'm overly tired and it was maybe 7 hours, but I have had some that are days old in the last few days despite the fact I open/close this game all day/night checking on farms and stuff.

I'm just surprised I've had only two water orb requests show up. Surely more have requested. It's evening time and still maps or no requests waiting at all.

pribakes
09-27-16, 02:49 PM
All day I've been force close/open the game way more than normal to answer requests. I think one or two water orbs and a bunch of maps. I do this every day a few times, but WAY more today because people need these things now. I'd swear that one of the map requests said 7 days ago on it, but I'm overly tired and it was maybe 7 hours, but I have had some that are days old in the last few days despite the fact I open/close this game all day/night checking on farms and stuff.

I'm just surprised I've had only two water orb requests show up. Surely more have requested. It's evening time and still maps or no requests waiting at all.
Same here, send U neighbor request, try to send me orbit request, and let me know if it works !

csayre13
09-27-16, 03:41 PM
pribakes and calicokittennope, I've just sent you both neighbor requests. I need help getting 2 or 3 more orbs, please

divanightclub
09-27-16, 03:59 PM
This event has become tiring and way too time consuming while dealing with real life. Thank God I'm done with it, and got wood nymph. Thank you for posting the requirements for each chapter(for high and low levels players). It really made planning ahead much easier. Special thanks to ALL my amazing nbrs who sent me the 15 water orbs in about 3 hours.

I Do feel that chapter 10 was the most difficult. Having to ask for particular items from nbrs, should be removed altogether from the tales. For so many players, it's difficult to have to rely on your nbrs to respond in time, not knowing what part of the world they live, if their at work, school, not to mention who is currently active etc. Then have to battle 5-6 random dragons(if it's not a tournanent) with no guarantee to win all rounds on the 1st try, while trying to beat the clock..ugh. Very stressful..IMO...

I hope that EVERYONE complete the tale, if you haven't already, and be rewarded wood nymph for all your hard work. Congratz to those who managed to finish it!!!!!

csayre13
09-27-16, 04:26 PM
Got my orbs. Was stupid earlier and kept planting rushrooms instead of planting 5 hr food to be ready for runestones, so had to spend 48 gold to speed harvest. First battle down, hoping for smooth sailing for the next 4. Old watcher already leveled up, crafting is underway. Might be the first tales I finish at high level.

Thanks to all who posted chapters. Don't think I would be this close without you.

KelsFriend
09-27-16, 05:05 PM
HELP! I crafted the Cleansing Altar and accidentally sent it to storage. I pulled it out and placed it on an island which should have completed my quest..but it still shows I need to craft the altar.

4everanthony
09-27-16, 05:07 PM
7 hours to go and I am waiting on 5 orbs. This is total bs to get this far and fail, and I thought I had a decent set of neighbors.

Sorry Storm8, I will not be buying any gold to finish. When I think of all the food I used on those 2 dragons........... ridiculous.

[S8] Elsa
09-27-16, 05:14 PM
HELP! I crafted the Cleansing Altar and accidentally sent it to storage. I pulled it out and placed it on an island which should have completed my quest..but it still shows I need to craft the altar.

Restart your app and it'll register.

FireballFarm
09-27-16, 05:24 PM
7 hours to go and I am waiting on 5 orbs. This is total bs to get this far and fail, and I thought I had a decent set of neighbors.

Sorry Storm8, I will not be buying any gold to finish. When I think of all the food I used on those 2 dragons........... ridiculous.

It's probably the servers and the sketchy way the request system works holding you up, not your neighbors. I always get some Tales requests from my neighbors after the event has already ended, sometimes as long as 2 days after they sent the request . :(

I hope you get those last few orbs in time, my fingers are crossed for you.

DR0G0N
09-27-16, 06:15 PM
...and still made it with 9 hours to spare. Thank you to my wonderful neighbors, DS community and the Development team for making it possible.

What I like about this Tale:

Able to craft and place things in advance and objects from previous chapters counting towards later chapters (only needed 4 rivers, 2 artifacts, and 1 Altar).

The Breed or Hatch option for the Island Dragon.

Able to hatch and evolve the dragons from the tales early without needing to be prompt to do so.

100% accuracy post on the Dragon Tales step (even though the staff is not responsible for the accuracy, it's good they post a disclaimer)

Team work from the community by posting and assisting others, making it possible and easier for everyone participating in the tale. Thank you everyone~

Note to Dev. Team, please keep these good points and bring it to the next Tale too.

What could be improved:

Lower the amount of apples needed for the Tale and/or provide more apples as rewards for completing the chapters.

Instructions could still be a lil more clear (for ex.: Breed or Hatch a Island dragon, Place 1 more artifact (on the later chapters when the player already have 1 additional craft from the previous chapter))

Requesting materials from neighbors should be move to earlier chapters instead of the last chapter. (This gives players time to catch up if any kind of bugs or life situation happens)

DR0G0N
09-27-16, 06:18 PM
Thoughts:

Overall, this Tale was doable for me even though I was two days behind (delayed on chapter 4 and 5 due to waiting on a storyline confirmation from the staff) and a couple hours delay due to life situation. Still no gold was spent to complete it. Once again, thanks to my neighbor, the community, and the Dev. Team.

I was able to do a lot of preparations in advance inorder to catch up. Really like the fact that the Dev. Team made it possible for me to do so for this tale. And hope they keep it this way for future tales to come.

How I was able to get my orb requests back in a timely manner by stop requesting maps on the start of chapter 4, set my alarm at reset time to plant the 6 fireapples (leaving 1 Scalypears for Runestones and doing Rushrooms X 14 (planting twice)) and quickly send all request to all neighbors except Storm8 (just in case I need 1 last orb). Sleep and do whatever I need to do, patiently waiting for request back.

- I think speeding battles (4 gold per round) would be cheaper than to skiping the orb request act (75 gold). Waiting maybe till the last hour to get all your orbs and do everything else in under a hour would be cheaper if people are having a hard time with that (note: this is a gamble, does not guarantee you'll get your orbs even the last minute, it's just a way to give you the most time to get your request back). You would also need to do your preparation work such as having your craft ready to be collected and dragons at the required level.

In the end, started with 1,000,000 apples, ended up with 817K apples to finish the tale (due to continuous planting). Still feel the apple requirements (about 380k apples) for this tale is too much. Takes a lot of effort just to try and maintain whatever amount I could get.

But other than that, I would say this Tale is pretty successful.

KadeeDid
09-27-16, 10:23 PM

I had some 7 day map requests too. I often get 4 day ones from people who request from all neighbours. I did not receive many orb requests and was checking often.

calicokittennope
09-27-16, 10:29 PM
I've even restarted my device and the only request I have since my earlier post is a map request that's within the last 1/2h

No orb requests show at all, I'm sorry. As soon as they show up I'll send off, I keep checking but it's been nothing at all.

anaghasaki
09-27-16, 11:33 PM
Half an hour to go.. I have been able to craft 4 altars and 5 artifacts.. Just put 6th for crafting and sent ranger for water lilies.. Hopefully I will get them both after 2 hrs.. I like the altar and artifact.. and I would like just 2 lilies in my storage, they are pretty too..

calicokittennope
09-28-16, 05:29 AM
I just got up and all I had were map requests from the time frame between my last post and this one, no water orbs at all.

byteme77
09-28-16, 07:46 AM
OMG its not in my storage and i stayed up till 5am to finish this as well , thats strange its there now gonna be 1 of them days :D

anaghasaki
09-28-16, 10:11 AM
How come I am still able to quest and craft things?? Is anybody still playing or S8 forgot to take them off?? Would like to know when they are going to go off.. So that may be I can craft altar instead of artifact..

anaghasaki
09-28-16, 12:28 PM
How come I am still able to quest and craft things?? Is anybody still playing or S8 forgot to take them off?? Would like to know when they are going to go off.. So that may be I can craft altar instead of artifact..

Can any mod confirm this please?? I notice now that the limited time tag is gone from these items in crafting building.. Even on ranger and watcher dragon?? Is it going to be available permanently??

kooky panda
09-29-16, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, I did check and the crafts will be removed end of today.:)