PDA

View Full Version : New Animal: Paper Lantern Dragon September 16, 2016

cardinalpsy
09-13-16, 12:14 PM
Something to look forward to on Friday. From the background habitat, it looks like one of the element is electric. Love the design and colour of this one.:)

It's on sale for a limited time, 60% discount if anyone's interested in buying one. Well now, managed to breed this one on my seventh attempt with Valkyrie and pyro pony. Breeding time 24 hours. Lots of fire glider fails including a ruby razorback, not too bad. The egg looks lovely. Good luck everyone.:)

sparklegirly
09-13-16, 12:22 PM
Beautiful and magnificent! Very unique! I will try very hard for this one.

Sandybellee
09-13-16, 12:45 PM
Looking forward to it! It really is unique!

Silverrain1
09-13-16, 01:14 PM
Aww, nice. Looking forward to this one. Hoping to get scarecrow first

Drachenia
09-13-16, 01:51 PM
I think it's beautiful , I hope there is a new element

ABABAU
09-13-16, 01:58 PM
My element guess is fire and electric.

Eluzyion
09-13-16, 02:23 PM
Flatfoot outdoes hisself again! Great job, love it!

Eluzyion
09-13-16, 02:34 PM
I'm wondering how this dragon will be presented. We will still have a tournament going on as well as storybook.. So we either get a spin the wheel again (where I got no animal in last one lol) or it'll show up as a value pack? Hmm..

ABABAU
09-13-16, 02:41 PM
I'm wondering how this dragon will be presented. We will still have a tournament going on as well as storybook.. So we either get a spin the wheel again (where I got no animal in last one lol) or it'll show up as a value pack? Hmm..
Only old animals appear in value packs and I dought there will be another spin-to-win so soon.

Eluzyion
09-13-16, 03:05 PM
Only old animals appear in value packs and I dought there will be another spin-to-win so soon.

If it can't be storybook or tournament because of those going on when it's released, and they don't do back to back spin wheel, and new animals don't come in value packs..the only thing I can think of is they're introducing a new battlefield then o.O

Clark_Wayne
09-13-16, 03:10 PM
i want it ! :)

Cdnfroglover
09-14-16, 07:51 AM
If it can't be storybook or tournament because of those going on when it's released, and they don't do back to back spin wheel, and new animals don't come in value packs..the only thing I can think of is they're introducing a new battlefield then o.O

Perhaps a new leaderboard?

Natasha_07
09-14-16, 08:07 AM
I like this one! :)

haku8cafe
09-14-16, 08:33 AM
this design is actually base on DS gold giving dragon, Forbidden but without the legs & colour is much richer.... one of my most favorite gold giving dragon in DS. So glad it will be feature in FFS.

If it is a leaderboard prize please make it as a milestone so almost everyone can get it instead of only the top 2.

Silverrain1
09-14-16, 08:47 AM
There seems to be a lot of speculation on it being an event prize (of some sort) Could it not just be a new limited (or permanent) breed able animal? Or am I missing something lol?

tahitii
09-14-16, 09:50 AM
Love it! Hope it will stay permanently 😊 Is it possible we'll have another Leaderboard event on Friday? Last one ended only a week ago

Clark_Wayne
09-14-16, 10:19 AM
for those who are interested : paper lantern refer to chinese mid-fall day.
people go out with all kind of paper lantern.

Silverrain1
09-14-16, 10:57 AM
for those who are interested : paper lantern refer to chinese mid-fall day.
people go out with all kind of paper lantern.

Oh that's good to know. Thanks for sharing!

ABABAU
09-14-16, 12:58 PM

How about breeding then?

Eluzyion
09-14-16, 01:02 PM
Perhaps a new leaderboard?

Oh gosh I forgot about those, lol or perhaps I wish world events would just replace them again because I don't care for leadership :/

Cdnfroglover
09-14-16, 03:16 PM
Oh gosh I forgot about those, lol or perhaps I wish world events would just replace them again because I don't care for leadership :/

I'm with you! I prefer the world events too! Only time will tell... maybe it will be breedable!

NannaSherry
09-14-16, 06:46 PM
I bet its breed able. They "retired" some animals recently as we know, so we have more of a chance to breed others. Paper Lantern might replace say Julius Beever in elements etc. I think it's good they retire some. They seem to come back in spin to wins or other events or a re entry breed again. It's a cool idea. We can get some new ones and then have chances down the line for older ones. Love that.

Silverrain1
09-15-16, 03:47 AM
I bet its breed able. They "retired" some animals recently as we know, so we have more of a chance to breed others. Paper Lantern might replace say Julius Beever in elements etc. I think it's good they retire some. They seem to come back in spin to wins or other events or a re entry breed again. It's a cool idea. We can get some new ones and then have chances down the line for older ones. Love that.

I to think it's a good idea. I have almost all the permanent animals so I'm hoping for a whole flock of new ones to start again!

NannaSherry
09-16-16, 05:17 AM
I to think it's a good idea. I have almost all the permanent animals so I'm hoping for a whole flock of new ones to start again!

Another point is that people who continually join have chances at animals they weren't around to get. I.E. I missed the unicornicopia as it just left when I joined. I got it out of retirement and was thrilled. Have my breeding den free for today's paper dragon update!!

Silverrain1
09-16-16, 05:21 AM
Another point is that people who continually join have chances at animals they weren't around to get. I.E. I missed the unicornicopia as it just left when I joined. I got it out of retirement and was thrilled. Have my breeding den free for today's paper dragon update!!

I love it when they bring back ones I have missed! I to haven't played since the start so am missing quite a few

Alideh
09-16-16, 08:26 AM
Personally I'm not a fan of dragons, but I'm sure dragon fans like it.

Glad you guys are still coming out with new animals often :D Even if its not one I like I'm sure its one others like and it shows there is much to look forward to in this game!

Cdnfroglover
09-16-16, 12:21 PM
Breedable! Trying for him despite the fact that I already have several fire/electric super rares! He's pretty.

keysisland
09-16-16, 12:43 PM
I just saw that we had a new animal a few moments ago I used Pyro pony and lightning leopard & got 24 hrs. Can't find anything that fits so I may have the paper lantern dragon. It would definitely be a great birthday present

chickenladyx14
09-16-16, 01:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY keysiland! And congratulations on breeding the Paper Dragon!! :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
09-16-16, 05:07 PM
I got it on the first try (that NEVER happens) with bee mine & lightning leopard! Woo hoo!!

jmayz69
09-17-16, 12:22 AM
anyone know how long the breeding time is on this paper lantern??

Silverrain1
09-17-16, 12:38 AM
anyone know how long the breeding time is on this paper lantern??:

24 hours.
Wow, I can't believe this! Got it first try!

Sandybellee
09-17-16, 04:27 AM
Agh! Got a 45-hour fail! I wish it would have been Valkyrie but no. Congrats to everyone who bred the dragon already!

Drachenia
09-17-16, 04:34 AM
Agh! Got a 45-hour fail! I wish it would have been Valkyrie but no. Congrats to everyone who bred the dragon already!

Hello Sandybelle ! I wish you that Valkyrie is , Congratulations
I'm breeding with Citrine Peregrin/Pyro Pony and get Fennec Shox, Fire Glider :(

Sandybellee
09-17-16, 05:16 AM
Hello Sandybelle ! I wish you that Valkyrie is , Congratulations
I'm breeding with Citrine Peregrin/Pyro Pony and get Fennec Shox, Fire Glider :(

Hi Drachenia. Valkyrie is 48 hours so unfortunately it can't be it. I'm also breeding with Citrine Peregrin and Pyro Pony. Good luck! :)

tahitii
09-17-16, 05:40 AM

Same here... wish I had the 48 hrs timer! It seems that Valkyrie is a super ultra rare. . it's so hard to get it :( Good luck!

Sandybellee
09-17-16, 05:59 AM
Same here... wish I had the 48 hrs timer! It seems that Valkyrie is a super ultra rare. . it's so hard to get it :( Good luck!
Thanks! You too! It seems to be much more likely that you get a hybrid you already have instead of a new one. I have 3 Jade Kirins now because I've been trying for Onyx Direwolf and I bet this one is a second Citrine Peregrin. :p

Drachenia
09-17-16, 08:20 AM
Hi Drachenia. Valkyrie is 48 hours so unfortunately it can't be it. I'm also breeding with Citrine Peregrin and Pyro Pony. Good luck! :)

Ouch agrees Sandybellee, I have forget that Valkyrie 48 hours is, she is so beautiful . Good luck for Paper Lantern

NannaSherry
09-18-16, 05:39 AM
I'm not extremely lucky at all with breeding, especially limited animals, that said I got a paper lantern dragon with the Garnet Griffin and Lightneing leopard. I too keep trying for Valkyrie and would love to be that lucky. Maybe my pairing might help someone else.

gramland
09-18-16, 01:51 PM
Just got 24 hour with Valkyrie and Pyro Pony...was about to give up and buy it!...glad I gave it one last shot.

frogtwin
09-18-16, 05:38 PM
I wish they had a way to keep and show unhatched eggs. Some eggs are much to pretty to hatch.

sparklegirly
09-18-16, 06:01 PM
Evolution time is 25 hours, so my baby Paper Lantern Dragon will be awake just before 9:00pm central time tomorrow night. It seems to move similarly as the Aquaconda and Quake Snake.

jmayz69
09-18-16, 06:13 PM
nice Silverrain1 & congrats, wish i could be that lucky... what did u use hun??

sparklegirly
09-18-16, 08:00 PM
I wish they had a way to keep and show unhatched eggs. Some eggs are much to pretty to hatch.

It would be nice to see the eggs again. They should add the eggs to the animal's info in the album!

Drachenia
09-18-16, 08:15 PM
I'm breeding with Jingle Shells/Citrine Peregrin get Daredevil, Fire Glider :(

ABABAU
09-19-16, 12:53 AM
I am now trying to get this animal because I got the Scarecrow. Yay😊. Now time to get the Paper Lantern Dragon☺🐲

Drachenia
09-19-16, 07:34 AM
I'm breeding with Jingle Shells/Citrine Peregrin get Daredevil, Fire Glider :(

Noooooo noooo Fire Glider again :(

Silverrain1
09-19-16, 10:44 AM
nice Silverrain1 & congrats, wish i could be that lucky... what did u use hun??

I'm sure it was my crystal unicorn and fire glider. Both epic but level doesn't seem to matter

poofyena
09-19-16, 05:06 PM
Soooooo many fire glider fails....sob

Buttercup0001
09-19-16, 06:26 PM
I've been trying with my CU and Beauty and all I'm getting are Fire Gliders :( arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Drachenia
09-19-16, 08:10 PM
I'm breeding with Jingle Shells/Citrine Peregrin get Daredevil, Fire Glider
Noooooo noooo Fire Glider again
not good, the next Fire Glider :mad:

ABABAU
09-19-16, 10:21 PM
I am here going to post my breeding results.
1. Daredevil
(Already got)

dexterminate
09-20-16, 06:38 AM
I got lucky and got scarecrow first try (my first lim ed bred). Paper dragon eludes me tho. 6 fire gliders later I got 17 hours. (The only other f/e type I have now) but at least it looks cute. Will cockatorch+ pony/leopard improve my odds for paper dragon or possibly harm them?

Cdnfroglover
09-20-16, 12:01 PM
Crystal Unicorn and Cockatorch... 24 hours... is this the paper lantern dragon? 😀

Drachenia
09-20-16, 02:24 PM
Fire Glider
Gold Lion

calicokittennope
09-20-16, 11:10 PM
A ton of fire gliders forever and ever.
Now I think I have a daredevil! Need one for a quest.
Still no paper dragon, but hey at least a quest gets finished tomorrow!

Drachenia
09-21-16, 05:20 PM
Fire Glider
Gold Lion
Daredevil
I'm breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Jingle Shells:
Fire Glider
Fire Glider
Fire Glider

DaBoms
09-21-16, 11:42 PM
I used a liger and fire glider

diamonaydreamerd
09-22-16, 01:44 PM
This animal is permanently breeedable right? As in there is no time limit to breeding it?

mutley00
09-22-16, 03:58 PM
Just got 24hr breed with Electric/Fire so I must have him!
Had tons of Fire Glider & Daredevil fails but looks like success at last!!

Sorry, meant to add I bred Lightning Leopard (15) / Pyro Pony (15)...

chickenladyx14
09-22-16, 05:43 PM
I'm breeding Bee Mine and Monarchy which are both lightning/fire. I got a 21 hour timer which I believe is the Gold Lion? I couldn't breed the lion when I tried for it so I am happy he came my way via a fail. :D

Drachenia
09-22-16, 06:18 PM
I'm breeding Bee Mine and Monarchy which are both lightning/fire. I got a 21 hour timer which I believe is the Gold Lion? I couldn't breed the lion when I tried for it so I am happy he came my way via a fail. :D

Congratulations to Gold Lion :D

Drachenia
09-22-16, 06:20 PM
Fire Glider
Gold Lion
Daredevil
I'm breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Jingle Shells:
Fire Glider
Fire Glider
Fire Glider
Fennec Shox
Gold Lion :(

TamandraDrake
09-22-16, 09:56 PM
Soooooo many fire glider fails....sob

I seem to have the same bad luck. During the tales I wasn't able to breed the fire glider no matter what and how many times I tried, the second the event ended I am breeding nothing but fire gliders =( It is very frustrating... really like the Lantern Dragon.

Silverrain1
09-23-16, 01:13 AM
This animal is permanently breeedable right? As in there is no time limit to breeding it?

Hi, I'm afraid that this animal leaves today!

littelprincess0313
09-23-16, 01:35 AM
In the German app stands: not breedable like with the candy rhino. Maybe you should check that (+for future animals)

Missmaris84
09-23-16, 10:07 AM
Oh I was so lucky today! Well, I hope! Have the breed going on 24h! 14 hours to go! But... 57 mins and it will expire.. Limited time, so what will happen to my breed? Will I be able to finish breeding and hatch it?

Clark_Wayne
09-23-16, 10:36 AM
bought it finally :(

Eluzyion
09-23-16, 10:46 AM
Oh I was so lucky today! Well, I hope! Have the breed going on 24h! 14 hours to go! But... 57 mins and it will expire.. Limited time, so what will happen to my breed? Will I be able to finish breeding and hatch it?

If you have it bred then you should be fine, congrats! :)

Missmaris84
09-23-16, 10:50 AM
If you have it bred then you should be fine, congrats! :)

Ah thank you!!

sparklegirly
09-23-16, 01:48 PM
bought it finally :(

I was forced to buy as well. I tried to speed breed, used about 260 gems before spending an additional 480 I think for the Dragon. Worth it in my opinion because of it's uniqueness. I think the game makes some creatures impossible to breed and others easy, and it's different for every account.

PinkButterfly37
08-29-17, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the Paper Lantern Dragon is for sure breedable or not??? If l so, please post breeding combos and breeding time. I do know it shows fire as one of the elements. And where there has been some speculations on whether the Menorum is breedable or not and it said no but was, I was just wanting to know for sure before I try for it!

violetfarm105
08-30-17, 11:40 AM
Paper Lantern Dragron is breedable! :D Got it with L15 C.U. & L15 Boom Bear (Electric/Fire). I believe the breed time was 24 hours. The evolution time is 25 hours.

The Menorum is breedable also. There is a separate thread for it.

kooky panda
08-30-17, 01:06 PM
Just to confirm that you can obtain it from breeding!

poofyena
08-30-17, 02:39 PM
Yay thank you Kooky! Fingers crossed I can breed it.