PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk order timer 5 hours instead of 12

zenobia42
09-10-16, 08:10 AM
I am VERY careful about my boardwalk orders. Every day, I spend most of the 12 hours we have to fulfill boardwalk orders crafting the items needed for them. If I finish crafting the items early, I wait until 7pm to give them to the boardwalk - I have a daily alarm to ensure this happens at the correct time, so that the 8-hour timer will not run out and start the next order before I go to bed. Then I spend the evening making all the pre-craft items and as many of the longer boardwalk order as possible before bed. Meanwhile all day I skip orders that require t-shirts or any other Casualwear items, and also skip many orders that require Tradecraft, unless those factories have finished the Boardwalk orders. As soon as the order is fulfilled, I start working on the next based on the preview. I keep a spreadsheet with a record of how many of each Boardwalk item is in a typical order and tick off the items I have made and how many more Casualwear and Tradecraft and final factory hours are required.

Last night, when I went to sleep after adding another t-shirt to my now 6-slot Casualwear factory due to Boardwalk orders always requiring 15+ Casualwear hours, and making some toast for bread puddings, it was a bit late, so I double-checked the timer. It still had over 2 hours on it. Perfect. This order is doable. I made SURE of it.

When I first logged in this morning, there are only 5 hours left on the Boardwalk fulfill timer.

All my work pre-crafting those items is completely wasted now because I don't see how I can possibly make everything left in only 5 hours instead of 12.

The requirements are already so high. And higher city hall levels are impossible without landmarks, with their high population/square, because we are so severely limited in terms of space. PLEASE make sure the timer works properly. And missing one order means more than 8 balloons-worth of tickets are lost because it resets to a smaller number of tickets. This is very upsetting. Is there anything that can be done to fix my order today?

Rynetory2
09-10-16, 10:08 AM
Do you remember what time did you submit the previous shipment? If you sent your ship at 7pm, it would return in the middle of the night at 4am. I.E. if you didn't force shut your game before going to bed, your ship would arrive at 4am and the timer started to count down. Does that account for your lost time?

zenobia42
09-10-16, 10:47 AM
Do you remember what time did you submit the previous shipment? If you sent your ship at 7pm, it would return in the middle of the night at 4am. I.E. if you didn't force shut your game before going to bed, your ship would arrive at 4am and the timer started to count down. Does that account for your lost time?

I have to force shut the game or the countdown starts in the middle of the night if that is when my 8 hours is up?! I had no clue it would run without me opening it. It would be awfully nice of the game to actually tell us that, before it's too late.

ETA: My timer was reset. Thank you, my guardian angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know now to hard close the game every night. I think I'll buy some gems as a thank you ;)

Rynetory2
09-11-16, 05:04 AM
I have to force shut the game or the countdown starts in the middle of the night if that is when my 8 hours is up?! I had no clue it would run without me opening it. It would be awfully nice of the game to actually tell us that, before it's too late.

ETA: My timer was reset. Thank you, my guardian angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know now to hard close the game every night. I think I'll buy some gems as a thank you ;)

Haha I'm very happy to know that now your ship schedule works better for you. :D Just FYI, check out the Guides when you have some reading time, I try to drop things for players to note and tips on game throughout the Guides to help players.