PDA

View Full Version : New Wedding Cruise - Sep 9, 2016

MauiLady7
09-09-16, 05:08 PM
For those of you looking for something new there's a new Wedding Cruise that started today.

I'm enclosing a screenshot for those of you curious to see the prizes.

I sure wish there were new decorations like tables and chairs. While I'm at it when is S8 going to let us buy another
jubilee oven? Mines getting awfully crowded. Or start putting more on the celebration oven as we can buy more of these!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33451

cheryllovesryan
09-09-16, 05:13 PM
What is this on?

sunshine257
09-09-16, 05:23 PM
Thank MauiLady for taking the time to show a screen shot of the new cruise.

cheryllovesryan
09-09-16, 05:24 PM
Z31 ? 7 LLJHiJi. 23:4; [3.3 igi'llij If} EQJJAJI'J? ' V? Wedding Cruise Event .w?x. ,5. ? //7"? 7? -? g, Q \v ??Eif?Vmfi 1,; J , g: x v , ?EK'. ? U ? . Gm: k * g A 3% x H :? :="*- j 7 , - ?r? DoneEorTod 7 .77 , ,r:n . , - . . ,,57m 50s .; ? ?7 .4 ntilMore?GoalE" I!" ? ?2?? I L 47* *?._.. ~ -, z ?.12 a. a ?a us. A n._ A u. a. u. ? I ? :7 y ? :1 u . :?y Ji-J?n? _o/aso_ 0/4,ooo , _o/3,ooo _ mum ? MIL my? 141101". m?l?nnmxwm dirty lol

lnztrekfan
09-09-16, 05:38 PM
I've got my restaurant set up for new wedding cruise and will be looking forward to getting more decor. Quick question. Was there once sand flooring? For some reason I'm thinking there was but I must not have purchased it because I don't see it in my lineup. Storm8 could we please have option for some new sand flooring? pretty please with cherries on top!:):):)

Thanks Mauilady for start on up thread! btw nice set up for your day 2! :)

lnztrekfan
09-09-16, 05:40 PM
What is this on?

Not sure I understand but maybe try force closing your game and reopen to see it. I'm on iPhone and it shows up.

Rynetory2
09-10-16, 04:38 AM
What is this on?

Maybe some data corruption on your device? I would suggest that you reinstall your game to clear the errors. Let us know if you are still having issues.

cquinn32
09-10-16, 07:47 AM
Now we're starting to reuse cruise themes too? We already had a wedding cruise.

I also think they should allow us to purchase another jubilee oven. Getting pretty crowded with just one.

Oh and I think I've heard some of the repeat tourists from cruise ship wondering why the town doesn't finally do something with the fishing boat or have a carnival or something.

Good luck everyone!!

sunshine257
09-10-16, 06:17 PM
Dear Storm8,
Further to Inztrekfan's request for bringing back the Sand tile, could you also make available for purchase using coins, the wavy water tile, the bamboo wall paper as well as the palm tree? Pretty please with sugar on top!

lnztrekfan
09-10-16, 07:18 PM
Also if you would consider bringing back previous wedding cruise decor! I know my friends weren't playing at that time and would love to be able to get some of the previous cruise prizes. Posting a pic from other thread that shows previous prizes!!

Rynetory2
09-10-16, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, drop a post in the Suggestions and Feedback forum to make your requests. :)

ostraoz
09-10-16, 11:38 PM
I always read that red , come for cruise tips but when I click ....I don't know know where is that. And also, I finish 2 cruises but last days are very hard . I have to quit all other things and do that and always finish an hour before closing. Once I skip half day and didn't finish. And also I want to upgrade everything , I have coins and other tools (my tool pantry is full) but hammers no , Cid doesn't bring me that . Maybe I press that button -start now, to early. Next time I will wait.

cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb
09-11-16, 04:41 AM
I always read that red , come for cruise tips but when I click ....I don't know know where is that. And also, I finish 2 cruises but last days are very hard . I have to quit all other things and do that and always finish an hour before closing. Once I skip half day and didn't finish. And also I want to upgrade everything , I have coins and other tools (my tool pantry is full) but hammers no , Cid doesn't bring me that . Maybe I press that button -start now, to early. Next time I will wait.

A cruise always starts off easy and gets more difficult as the days progress with the last 2 days being the hardest. Usually you get something like 3 weeks to a month or so to complete a cruise so you can schedule starting a cruise a bit better to suit your schedule and also start off prepared.
Personally I try to plan ahead because you can figure out that when you press "start now" you'll know when the last 2 days of the cruise will be as it always lasts 10 days. Therefore I try to have my cruise finish on days I know I will have the time for it. Obviously there's always unforeseen circumstances.

Last cruise I had to delay for more then a week because I was on a trip and just too busy. Generally I do like to start them within a few days so it won't overlap too much with other events.

Whenever a cruise offers a gem recipe and you fall a little short on time in the end you could also consider spending some gems or quick services to finish recipes faster or just finish the last day. Or you can consider starting the last day early if you have time to spare of the day before. In the long run with the gem recipe it's worth it. Starting other days (then the last) early isn't really worth it in my opinion because you'll only have an extra long break before the next day unlocks.

Another tip that could be useful. Try and prepare how the next day of the cruise starts for you when the days are getting more difficult. It's particularly useful on the last 2 days that you can start off with 2 4-coin dishes at least.
Watch your progress bar and gem count to finish the day you're working on. When you're reaching the end only work from one order slot and start refreshing the others to get 4 coin dishes set up and hold those for the next day. On the last slot you have to be lucky. In rare occasions when a 4-coin dish shows up on that too I sometimes spend 5 gems to finish the day and keep the 4-coin dish for the next day. It sounds a bit more complicated in writing but it's easy to do. Starting off the last few days with 2 4-coin orders you can deliver straight away gives a really nice kick start of the day.

marie288
09-11-16, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty new at this game and have no idea how to tap Miguel the Champion and Kate the Bride. Where are they? How can I tap them if I can't find them?

Are they customers that come in and I just have to wait?

ostraoz
09-11-16, 02:14 PM
Thank you a lot for your advices. Yes, you helped. I finished 3 days very fast. For few hours each. But first 5-7 days I'm not worried about . I remember for under the sea cruise I didn't sleep whole night and finished an hour before ending. But that was the first I finished . And didn't know that is so hard.

anicak84
09-11-16, 02:30 PM
On last day, the hardest day, I always consider spending up to 60-80 gems to finish the day if I get in trouble with the time, also, save helping hands for those last 2 days, they help a lot if you have FB connected and can ask for your friends to send them.

lnztrekfan
09-11-16, 02:48 PM
Hi Marie. Welcome to the game! Both of those are cruise characters. You have to complete the 10 day cruise event for the character to visit your restaurant. Now if you are new to clothe game the on you definitely want to check out all of the cruise info. That is much needed to learn how to do these cruises. I'm going to post a link that will help you.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide

If you go to top of forum page and click on the game guides there are 2 threads there that are cruise dishes and the link above. They are must reads. Good Luck!

Alohatami
09-11-16, 03:35 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about the new, time limited recipes that appear with the cruise. Is there any benefit to getting them mastered? Do the recipes stay if you master them? Or is there some other additional recipe or decorative prize you get from mastering them (aside from the mastery certificate)?

09-11-16, 03:51 PM
Thank you a lot for your advices. Yes, you helped. I finished 3 days very fast. For few hours each. But first 5-7 days I'm not worried about . I remember for under the sea cruise I didn't sleep whole night and finished an hour before ending. But that was the first I finished . And didn't know that is so hard.
You're welcome. The last 2 days of a cruise are definitely challenging if not difficult. But with proper planning it can be done. You do need to have a lot of free time that last day though to get finished and like the next poster said it's totally worth spending some gems to finish the cruise if you're in trouble. Currently I have 14 gem recipes unlocked all from previous cruises.

On last day, the hardest day, I always consider spending up to 60-80 gems to finish the day if I get in trouble with the time, also, save helping hands for those last 2 days, they help a lot if you have FB connected and can ask for your friends to send them. oh ya when it's a gem recipe prize without a doubt I would spend that amount and think I have on one or 2 occasions when I planned poorly or something came up and couldn't find enough time to play.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about the new, time limited recipes that appear with the cruise. Is there any benefit to getting them mastered? Do the recipes stay if you master them? Or is there some other additional recipe or decorative prize you get from mastering them (aside from the mastery certificate)?

Not that I have really noticed yet. I mastered a few of them but for the most part I don't bother with them. And no they don't stay either.

lnztrekfan
09-11-16, 03:51 PM
There isn't anything other than the mastery plaque. They will disappear after time runs out. It just gives you something a little different to cook! :) Good Luck with the cruise!

ostraoz
09-12-16, 02:46 AM
People , thank you a LOT. You helped. I will read all but this what I already saw, I done all on hardest way :) :) I didn't work those days, that is how I finished last days . And also I didn't spend any gem to finish cruise( I save gems to buy appliances). Also, I even didn't want to deliver food when it was spiced or very hard to prepere ( I press refresh button and I waiting easier dish) and also , during the cruise my countes are almost empty I cook only meals with seasonal ingridiens or with bread cheese or tomato

littledarc3
09-12-16, 10:08 AM
There isn't anything other than the mastery plaque. They will disappear after time runs out. It just gives you something a little different to cook! :) Good Luck with the cruise!

You get stars too. If you're into collecting stars.

bama1224
09-13-16, 03:01 AM
For some reason I only have 4 new things in the featured tab. The day 2 and 3 prizes aren't there or in my decor tab. I closed the game and restarted and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem, or have any suggestions? Thanks!

ostraoz
09-13-16, 05:07 AM
When I have problems with game I clear cache in fact I press button -clear all data and then start again but have to log in on fb again. And if I have some problems with rewards I write teamlava. I wanted to tell you that I tried today some things what I read yesyareday. I turn my chairs and made several 4 coins meal and collected most of the 4 coins ingredients. But I wasn't lucky . I have orders to cook lox bagel and other 2- 3 coins meal. But anyway I finished 5th day for 4 hours . I still have on counters that 4 coins dishes like stew, French deep , ginger tea ...maybe to cook other 4 coins dishes and some 3 coins to put on a counter. I don't need money right now , have enough , only to open every 4 hours for Cid and Lani . Maybe I should keep my restaurant closed next 5 days. Is it OK? And one more thing.
I noticed when I add food from counters it happens first and after some time they want to food from my counter, although I think I add all have. I still have on counter over 2000 lobster meal and I already delivered 2000 Don't know how is that possible

chrissydid
09-13-16, 05:35 AM
I pulled this from the Pride cruise. Anyone notice if it's the same:
Day 1: 75 gems required
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required, Day 3: 200 gems required,
Day 4: 250 gems required, Day 5: 250 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems required
1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 17/18 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
4 coins = 68/69 gems

Day 9: 500 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 41 gems
4 coins = 71 gems

Day 10: 600 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

ostraoz
09-13-16, 05:52 AM
I'm so disappointed right now . for these things I left Restaurant story 1 . I was saving gems to buy new deep fryer. And looking the tasks for tomorrow ( cruise event)/and with one touch of nail they took me 100 gems and 6th day started earlier, now . and I don't buy gems , I collect them and it is hard. Dissapointed. It is not the first time. Earlier they took me 20 or 30 but never 100 in this game. Now I don' t have problem with cruise only if I quit everything..what's the point? I'm doing the task to provide me recepie that will give me gems which they took me but for houndred days ( if I cook 1 daily) . This is really stupid.

Rynetory2
09-13-16, 07:54 AM
Maybe I should keep my restaurant closed next 5 days. Is it OK?

Just want you to be aware that some members reported a quick sale of their food due to blocking of door, which isn't part of the game design. It happened to some midway their cruises.

I'm so disappointed right now . for these things I left Restaurant story 1 . I was saving gems to buy new deep fryer. And looking the tasks for tomorrow ( cruise event)/and with one touch of nail they took me 100 gems and 6th day started earlier, now . and I don't buy gems , I collect them and it is hard. Dissapointed. It is not the first time. Earlier they took me 20 or 30 but never 100 in this game. Now I don' t have problem with cruise only if I quit everything..what's the point? I'm doing the task to provide me recepie that will give me gems which they took me but for houndred days ( if I cook 1 daily) . This is really stupid.

I am sorry this happened to you. :( For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Rynetory2
09-13-16, 08:02 AM
For some reason I only have 4 new things in the featured tab. The day 2 and 3 prizes aren't there or in my decor tab. I closed the game and restarted and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem, or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Clear cache, restart your device and game, and check your decor tab again. Reinstall your game if they still didn't show up. Hope you find them.

awekitty
09-13-16, 08:14 AM

Ostraoz, I feel you. The same thing happened to me today. I accidentally clicked on Finish Now button and my cruise for the day ended right away. I paid 50 gems for that mistake. :( I have written to support@storm8.com. I hope they will return the gems.

rynetory2, is it possible to request for confirmation from player when paying with gems or quick serves? Accidents happen and we should be given a second chance with a "Yes, confirmed" or "No" button. Thanks.

ostraoz
09-13-16, 08:58 AM
It is the same in all TL game. No confirmation button. Once they took me 200 in restaurant story. And then after few month they return me all but I lost interest for that game. Maybe I will quit this. It would be easier to me if I just paid for that gems. But I earned those gems. I didn't spend money I spent my time, energy , efforts...maybe then I should spend my time on something else. Not so easy to lose. This is loss of respect for serious players .
Also I asked about closed restaurant for 5 days because I don't know is that allowed. Now it is not so important. I wrote them, thank you for email address I wrote them but I doubt.

Aerial123456
09-13-16, 11:55 AM

This happened for me too. I don't have the day 2 prices in my featured tab, but they are there in my decor tab - I just had to keep scrolling over as they're not grouped with the rest of the new decor.

Rynetory2
09-13-16, 06:51 PM
rynetory2, is it possible to request for confirmation from player when paying with gems or quick serves? Accidents happen and we should be given a second chance with a "Yes, confirmed" or "No" button. Thanks.

You can give your feedback or post your questions in the Gems warning... PLEASE (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77207-Gem-warnings-PLEASE&p=1034450&viewfull=1#post1034450) thread.

Gentle reminder to all: If anyone has questions or comments about gems, please post in the other thread. Appreciate if we can get back on discussion for this cruise. Thank you. :o

littledarc3
09-13-16, 11:10 PM
I pulled this from the Pride cruise. Anyone notice if it's the same:
Day 1: 75 gems required
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 2: 150 gems required, Day 3: 200 gems required,
Day 4: 250 gems required, Day 5: 250 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 8: 400 gems required
1 coin = 5/6 gems
2 coins = 17/18 gems
3 coins = 38/39 gems
4 coins = 68/69 gems

Day 9: 500 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 41 gems
4 coins = 71 gems

Day 10: 600 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

There are 2 different sets it can be. I have to wait until tomorrow to check but these are the two it can be.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33501

awekitty
09-13-16, 11:19 PM
You can give your feedback or post your questions in the Gems warning... PLEASE (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77207-Gem-warnings-PLEASE&p=1034450&viewfull=1#post1034450) thread.

Gentle reminder to all: If anyone has questions or comments about gems, please post in the other thread. Appreciate if we can get back on discussion for this cruise. Thank you. :o

Noted and thanks for the link. I am new to the game and have no idea this issue has been brought up countless times.

Welcome to the forum, awekitty! :D Rynetory2

Rynetory2
09-13-16, 11:54 PM
There are 2 different sets it can be. I have to wait until tomorrow to check but these are the two it can be.

Oh thanks, it'll be very useful for us to know.

Aside to others: I've added the post on the 2 sets of cruise values into the Cruise Guide for your easy reference. You can find this link in Post 1 of that thread.
Cruise's gems values per coin dishes (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792)

chrissydid
09-14-16, 06:19 AM
Anyone else having problems with the cruise daily rewards? I've just finished day two and was rewarded the beach fence, but I can't find the fence in my inventory... The 'featured' area is nearly empty, only showing the wedding tuxedo, wedding singer , beach wood tree , and beach candles. I've searched my regular decorations as well, and can't find the fence.33504

Rynetory2
09-14-16, 06:20 AM
Anyone else having problems with the cruise daily rewards? I've just finished day two and was rewarded the beach fence, but I can't find the fence in my inventory... The 'featured' area is nearly empty, only showing the wedding tuxedo, wedding singer , beach wood tree , and beach candles. I've searched my regular decorations as well, and can't find the fence.33504

Can you restart your game and check under the Decor tab again? You may need to scroll further down to see it.

Aerial123456
09-14-16, 07:42 AM
When will the cruise auto-start?

kooky panda
09-14-16, 07:54 AM

As rynetory posted you will need to scroll over in the decor tab to see these items.

Additional information for everyone: I did check on this and found out that this is intended. Since some wedding items are re-releases, they will not show up in the Featured Tab. The 4 new items this time are in the Featured Tab.

chrissydid
09-14-16, 03:46 PM
thanks rynetory and kooky, I found them eventually hidden among plaques. Boy, the decor tab is cumbersome!

ostraoz
09-15-16, 09:51 AM
[] Anyway I'm so sorry that gem loss happened to me now because this is the best organized cruise I ever done with nice advices . I done 7 days so quickly , like never before. And last 3 day ( the hardest I'm prepared because I don't go to work so I have free time. And for the all gems I still had I bought hammers I can't wait ages to get it from Cid, so I have one more dilemma , whether I upgrade pantry ( from 130-135) or general store( from 4 - 5) good luck to everyone

sinontherocks1
09-17-16, 04:52 AM
For wedding cruise 2016
2 coins = 17
3 coins = 39
4 coins = 67

This is day 9

So I think we are on set A.

This is my first cruise attempt. It's been OK so far. :/ I feel too invested now lol

ostraoz
09-18-16, 03:08 AM
Super ..finished the cruise for less then 3 hours . I could even earlier but didn't want to spend all 4 coins ingridients in last delivers and also I was saving quickservice gloves when saw that is almost end , without gems . thank you a lot for strategy help and I developed my own also ..cheers :)

kgp70282
09-18-16, 07:46 AM
I always make sure I have an extra 100 gems for the last day of a cruise because when I am done day 9 I can start day 10 earlier :)

superdooo
09-18-16, 09:31 AM
Hi, I have a quick question if someone could help ? :)

Today, I finished the wedding cruise, its a first time for me, anyway now I need to collect bouquets! Where do I get these? I only have one, which I collected from the bride just after the cruise finished.

:)

littledarc3
09-18-16, 10:56 AM
Hi, I have a quick question if someone could help ? :)

Today, I finished the wedding cruise, its a first time for me, anyway now I need to collect bouquets! Where do I get these? I only have one, which I collected from the bride just after the cruise finished.

:)

You get them from the bride, as you stated. They have waits between when they come.

superdooo
09-18-16, 11:53 AM
Thank you! Thought as much, was hoping there was another way apart from spending money. So far I have got 2. I unlocked the last part early (100gems) so I would finish it this time. So another long road ahead lol ;)

sinontherocks1
09-18-16, 02:41 PM
Yay!!! I finished my first cruise 10 hours early, lvl 45 with just 85 pantry. It took a lot of strategic planning but the tips from this forum helped a lot so thank you all! ❤️

Now, my question is, will a bride forever come to the store to drop off bouquets for each time I want to make this recipe, and I have to wait? Or is it a one time deal and did I go through all this for that? Or maybe once I get 6 then it stays unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

mamachristine
09-18-16, 05:03 PM
Sorry I can't help. Trying to figure this out myself. Please help if you can!

Where is the bride? Please help!

How do I complete the wedding cruise? Where is Kate the bride?

littledarc3
09-18-16, 07:36 PM
Yay!!! I finished my first cruise 10 hours early, lvl 45 with just 85 pantry. It took a lot of strategic planning but the tips from this forum helped a lot so thank you all! ❤️

Now, my question is, will a bride forever come to the store to drop off bouquets for each time I want to make this recipe, and I have to wait? Or is it a one time deal and did I go through all this for that? Or maybe once I get 6 then it stays unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

If you finish the cruise, then the bride is forever unlocked. I'm testing her rate for how often she comes as we speak. It can be anywhere between 3-9 hours. Most special customers are usually around 4 hours. There is a link that tells each one. Here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92329-Special-Customers-and-Special-Chefs

sinontherocks1
09-18-16, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much! I can't wait to hear what you find out. 🌺

diamonaydreamerd
09-18-16, 08:18 PM
I never post but I finally finished my first cruise tonight! Surprisingly with the help of the guide I didn't end up needing to use gems either!

sinontherocks1
09-18-16, 09:41 PM
I never post but I finally finished my first cruise tonight! Surprisingly with the help of the guide I didn't end up needing to use gems either!

Yay for you too :)!! \o/ 🙌🏽🙌🏽

littledarc3
09-18-16, 11:56 PM
She comes every 4 hours for sure. Maybe 3, but I was watching a movie and totally forgot to check lol.

Rynetory2
09-19-16, 02:46 AM
Sorry I can't help. Trying to figure this out myself. Please help if you can!

Where is the bride? Please help!

How do I complete the wedding cruise? Where is Kate the bride?

You'll need to complete the cruise before Kate the Bride will appear in your restaurant, as mentioned by others. See Cruise Event Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide) for tips on cruise and how it works.

superdooo
09-19-16, 03:17 AM
I have the cruise finished since early yesterday morning and I have only seen her twice. I purchased the first lot of bouquets with gems to get started...Its going to takes weeks to master this recipe. Its very disappointing after 10 hard days of finishing the cruise to have to wait again for bouquets.. I think I'll give these a miss from now on.

Rynetory2
09-19-16, 03:22 AM
I have the cruise finished since early yesterday morning and I have only seen her twice. I purchased the first lot of bouquets with gems to get started...Its going to takes weeks to master this recipe. Its very disappointing after 10 hard days of finishing the cruise to have to wait again for bouquets.. I think I'll give these a miss from now on.

Just so you know there's no dateline or requirement to master the gem recipe. The goal requires you to tap on Kate and cook the recipe once. You can slowly collect more and cook the recipe to collect gems. The gem recipe is yours for keeps.

superdooo
09-19-16, 04:37 AM
[QUOTE=rynetory2;1345524]Just so you know there's no dateline or requirement to master the gem recipe. The goal requires you to tap on Kate and cook the recipe once. You can slowly collect more and cook the recipe to collect gems. The gem recipe is yours for keeps.[/QUOTE

I should have read up about it first. I just assumed after finishing that we could collect the bouquets like we do the ingredients (every couple of hours or so) Trying to be on when Kate is around is tricky lol I'm seeing more of Cid though since the cruise, so not all bad ;)

Thanks for info :)

chrissydid
09-19-16, 04:54 AM
The good thing about these cruise special guests is that they'll come forever. I have a bunch that come now. Yes it takes several visits before I have enough of an item to make the recipe, but while I'm collecting one special item I can make a recipe from the other special item. And they give you gems! For free! win.

superdooo
09-19-16, 05:12 AM
The good thing about these cruise special guests is that they'll come forever. I have a bunch that come now. Yes it takes several visits before I have enough of an item to make the recipe, but while I'm collecting one special item I can make a recipe from the other special item. And they give you gems! For free! win.

Do you get gems every time you make them? or is it just random?

Rynetory2
09-19-16, 06:03 AM
Do you get gems every time you make them? or is it just random?

You get a gem or gems every serving. :) It seems slow at first when you have one or two gem recipes but once you get a few recipes, you won't feel that it takes so long. Besides it's a great way to earn gems. :)

superdooo
09-19-16, 09:32 AM
Okie dokey thanks for info ;)

Ruyle2012
09-19-16, 04:39 PM
Ugh. I feel asleep and was unable to cash in my gems to finish the cruise so I didn't get the cupcakes :( and I can't affordI buy 1300 gems to buy them. Why do they have to be so expensive:(

cherrycolafreak
09-22-16, 04:17 PM
So does anyone know how often the bride visits?

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 06:23 PM
So does anyone know how often the bride visits?

See this. :)

She comes every 4 hours for sure. Maybe 3, but I was watching a movie and totally forgot to check lol.

sinontherocks1
09-23-16, 11:15 AM
Holy smokes! 😳😳

My bride just dropped 5 bouquets at once!! 😆😆 yeah!!! I'm liking this!

09-23-16, 01:44 PM
Super ..finished the cruise for less then 3 hours . I could even earlier but didn't want to spend all 4 coins ingridients in last delivers and also I was saving quickservice gloves when saw that is almost end , without gems . thank you a lot for strategy help and I developed my own also ..cheers :)
Yay! Congratulations
With more experience next time it will be a little easier.

jenindeed
09-27-16, 10:13 AM
Just so you know there's no dateline or requirement to master the gem recipe. The goal requires you to tap on Kate and cook the recipe once. You can slowly collect more and cook the recipe to collect gems. The gem recipe is yours for keeps.

I just noticed on my discovery table when looking at the recipe for the Floral Cupcakes that there's a countdown timer on it, currently says 17 days on mine. But if I click on the Jubilee Oven I don't see this countdown timer. Makes me wonder if I (we all) need to hurry up to master this recipe. I know that some recipes do have limited availability during a cruise.

This is my first gem recipe and first completed cruise, so I'm not familiar with what will stay forever. Crossing fingers I can keep earning gems this way.

kooky panda
09-27-16, 10:40 AM
I just noticed on my discovery table when looking at the recipe for the Floral Cupcakes that there's a countdown timer on it, currently says 17 days on mine. But if I click on the Jubilee Oven I don't see this countdown timer. Makes me wonder if I (we all) need to hurry up to master this recipe. I know that some recipes do have limited availability during a cruise.

This is my first gem recipe and first completed cruise, so I'm not familiar with what will stay forever. Crossing fingers I can keep earning gems this way.

The Floral Cupcakes are a permanent recipe from Kate the Bride (completing the goal); the Discovery for it ends, but the recipe is staying :)

jenindeed
09-27-16, 10:27 PM
Great! Thanks for looking into it! 👍🏻😊

09-28-16, 05:03 AM
The Floral Cupcakes are a permanent recipe from Kate the Bride (completing the goal); the Discovery for it ends, but the recipe is staying :)
I've done a few cruises so I'm used to it and ignore it now however I do find it confusing that the timer on cruise recipes still shows and continues the countdown even after you finish the cruise and have the recipe unlocked.
For some reason I'd find it more logical if the timer disappears when you complete cruise and unlock the recipe.

kooky panda
09-28-16, 10:08 AM
I've done a few cruises so I'm used to it and ignore it now however I do find it confusing that the timer on cruise recipes still shows and continues the countdown even after you finish the cruise and have the recipe unlocked.
For some reason I'd find it more logical if the timer disappears when you complete cruise and unlock the recipe.
I do understand but since players can start the cruise at different times, the timers stay on until the last day to make sure that players that wait until the automatic start receive the same amount of time to
complete the second part.

09-28-16, 03:01 PM
I do understand but since players can start the cruise at different times, the timers stay on until the last day to make sure that players that wait until the automatic start receive the same amount of time to
complete the second part.

Ya I understand that the timer is long enough for those who have the cruise start automatically to complete the whole cruise and finish the second part of the goal which is usually cook the recipe once.

However what's confusing to me as a player when I just use the info I have available in game is that when I as a player finish the cruise and unlock the recipe and cook the recipe thus completing the whole goal line I often still have a few weeks left.
And that's when I still see the timer on the newly unlocked recipe. The recipe is permanent but since the timer is still there showing when I open the discovery table it suggests that the recipe will disappear after the time expires just like the other temporary recipes. And that's the confusing part. Ideally the timer should disappear for the player when they fully completed the cruise goal line.

I have finished this second wedding cruise like a week or so ago. I have cooked the floral cupcakes 8 times thus far and the timer is still on there showing 15 days currently. From my previous cruise experiences I know the timer will simply disappear over time and the recipe and bride will stay. However this isn't really all that clear when you're simply playing the game as it suggests it will disappear.

MauiLady7
12-08-16, 07:11 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33501

Moving up for easy location