PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to delete old quest items and parts? Will there ever be?

Eilonthay
09-08-16, 03:43 PM
I've looked and looked in the forum, and I've either blinked and missed the post or not done a search correctly...is there any way to delete old quest items and parts?

I play Castle Story, Dragon Story, Bakery & Restaurant Stories and none of them seem to have a feature that lets you dump quest items and parts that are never going to be used again. My Dragon Story inventory is a shameful cluttered mess and sadly, now my Castle Story inventory is starting to look the same way.

I'm not always able to finish the timed events, so I usually have extra stuff just hanging around, and even when I do finish events, there's usually a few extra things still in inventory. When I started playing, I had originally thought that all of that stuff would just quietly disappear on its own, but as far as I can tell, it never has.

Is there a way to get rid of extra junk or is it there forever? CS & DS crash a lot and I was hoping less stuff in my inventory might help the games load a little faster...and maybe not crash as much.

Is there ever going to be a way to delete stuff, with a confirmation button? (I don't know if this is even in the correct section, since it's a bit of a catch-all, but I can already see some clutter accumulating from this latest timed event in Castle Story and it's a bit depressing.) Help! T_T

Rosethornshurt
09-08-16, 04:26 PM
I think you just made every CS hoarder gasp and shudder. :eek: We hoarders love that left over stuff. At least, I do. :rolleyes: If they do ever make a way to do away with past items (I don't know of a way now), I certainly hope it's optional. :o

SpiritWind00
09-08-16, 04:36 PM
I know other forums have this question asked, but we haven't had it here - so it's no wonder you didn't find anything! [yes, I thought I heard a gasp coming from this thread, so I wanted to get here immediately Rosethornshurt! :):):)]

The dynamics of castle are a little different to the other games in as much as we have reused items from previous events. We also have the ability to use gems to complete unfinished buildings/items at any stage, so if a player deleted special items and they wanted to then complete an unfinished building it would cost more gems.

Like other games, the things you don't need more further and further back towards the end of your storage tab anyway. And yes, there is a running non-competitive competition (yes I know, it's an oxymoron!) about how many pages in inventory we have. Lots of players go out of there way just for fun to make spares/souvenir's of event items.

So, to answer your question of "is there any way to delete old quest items and parts?", no there isn't.... hope that helps.

Eilonthay
09-08-16, 05:02 PM
I think you just made every CS hoarder gasp and shudder. :eek: We hoarders love that left over stuff. At least, I do. :rolleyes: If they do ever make a way to do away with past items (I don't know of a way now), I certainly hope it's optional. :o

Haha, I know, I've seen a few of those threads! I figured that might be one of the responses, since during that desert event before this one, I noticed a LOT of posts about the accumulation of sand and the like. :) Normally I don't mind clutter in games if there's an option to get rid of it...it just bugs me more when I have to swipe across my screen a zillion times to find that one thing I'm looking for. (The categories leave something to be desired, honestly. Most of the time I'm left wishing there was an option to list stuff out, rather than use huge icons.)

Thanks for the reply, SpiritWind. I know some of the stuff gets reused, like all the Christmas stuff I bet is going to be used again. It's just random stuff like the sand from the last event and now the miscellaneous dusts and shards from the current galloping event that are most likely never going to get used again that I wish I could get rid of.

And I certainly hope that if there ever is a delete button added, it comes with an confirmation button along with it. There have been too many times where the game has lagged and I ended up using precious gems to buy something I didn't want. :(

caius76
09-08-16, 06:31 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but can we request again to have the inventory screen revamped? I agree with the OP that having to search through hundreds of inventory items, three at a time, is pretty cumbersome and there must be a better way.

Despite my above comment I'll give a nod to the hoarders as well: while I've never counted the items in my inventory, I absolutely do like to craft/collect an extra of each item in the game ;)

SpiritWind00
09-08-16, 06:46 PM
You can read/leave/request inventory sorting feedback in this current thread in the Suggestion Forum: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85651-Change-inventory-categories. My response to this thread from S8 is in the middle of page 2.

Given the original question has been answered and it's related to the Suggestion thread, I'll close this one. Great question though! :)