Type: Purple Yellow
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 10
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 14 hours
Exp Gained: 375 Exp

belarica
09-06-16, 10:47 AM
Really disappointed, they're all recycled prizes and decor except the masquerade dragon and maybe the first personal prize dragon.

We had sleepy slumberland world event earlier this year, why are we doing it again?
Not to mention the phantom dragon would fit better in this "masquerade ball" better than dream weaver.

Edit - Venetian is also recycled.

amerirish
09-06-16, 10:49 AM
I can't really make out the prizes, but is that a Venetian Dragon in the individual prizes??

belarica
09-06-16, 10:54 AM
I can't really make out the prizes, but is that a Venetian Dragon in the individual prizes??

Yep, and dream weaver is the community prize

stashlova
09-06-16, 10:55 AM

Yup. Had to collect masks to craft it in the past. I have most of these dragons so this is a meh event. Want the last dragon though. Really like the design

Dont care about the last community prize but I will take another sleepy slumberland habitat(top 5 imo) and the dream tree(top 5 imo) decor.

This is a great event for those that missed these items/dragons.

dragonv15
09-06-16, 10:56 AM
I think it is good a world event to calm down and collect food, that we are spending also in the leaderboard apart tales that is a stres. It is the 1st time i see 2 events on top of each other (by force, excluding takes started late) and also in the description there isn't the decor think which guve items every 4 hrs, is it wrongky not written or we will do without it. Last, kindly anyone to help with prize info.

Xyn25
09-06-16, 10:58 AM
Not too happy about the recycled Dreamweaver, Contrastias and Melting Moon, but glad I can get the habitat and two new to me dragons. Good luck everyone!

anaghasaki
09-06-16, 11:00 AM
No collecting from first prize, no quests??? Eligibility for community at 1000 pieces??? What's going on?? That too in 10 days event..

byteme77
09-06-16, 11:04 AM
wonder if the last dragon has a silly amount to get like the last events Northwest dragon if so im not rushing this to fail

amerirish
09-06-16, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I remember the event with Venetian because I had 2 and was pained to trade one of them back in the days of "OMGIHAVENOMOREROOM" :) I still have one so now will have one Venetian egg and one Dreamweaver egg in storage :(

hiabarara
09-06-16, 11:06 AM
Stupid question, but did this event already start or will it start on Friday? My pop up just said I need to update...

D_Raho
09-06-16, 11:06 AM
I'm not loving this, but this is great for those that missed out on any of these things. If I can get the masquerade that would be nice, but if not I'll be happy just playing relaxingly for the next week.

amerirish
09-06-16, 11:07 AM
Stupid question, but did this event already start or will it start on Friday? My pop up just said I need to update...

Already started. This time around you can only collect Masks from Hatching, Evolving and Harvesting food. No special trinket to collect from and nothing from battles :mad:

anaghasaki
09-06-16, 11:11 AM
Already started. This time around you can only collect Masks from Hatching, Evolving and Harvesting food. No special trinket to collect from and nothing from battles :mad:

Nothing from quests either..

lenasdinner
09-06-16, 11:15 AM
So at the end all decors are something that I allready have.good thing for habitat i'm happy about that.I dont have Venetian so thats good for me and I think Masquarade dragon looks fabulous and worth to have it.Dreamweawer is allready playin around my island......I think.

Ohhhh yes ........we need 2.900 masks for last individual prize.

hiabarara
09-06-16, 11:16 AM
Already started. This time around you can only collect Masks from Hatching, Evolving and Harvesting food. No special trinket to collect from and nothing from battles :mad:So apparently that means I can't play 2 out of 3 events now because I have to play with an older Dragon Story version, even though all my devices are pretty new. I would really like to use a swear word right now :mad:

I already own Dreamweaver and don't care about the other dragons, but it's still frustrating. And they were able to make the World Event even more difficult and less fun? This event used to be my favorite :(

ZaneGodfrey
09-06-16, 11:32 AM
I think S8 has done an excellent job of turning people's favorite event into one of the worst events. Fewer Dragons, more points required, less options to earn points, and now recycled prizes?

Well done, S8. Well done.

But on a serious note, Flatfoot has designed yet another gorgeous dragon in the Masquerade. I'll do what I can to reach it.

lenasdinner
09-06-16, 11:32 AM
So apparently that means I can't play 2 out of 3 events now because I have to play with an older Dragon Story version, even though all my devices are pretty new. I would really like to use a swear word right now :mad:

I already own Dreamweaver and don't care about the other dragons, but it's still frustrating. And they were able to make the World Event even more difficult and less fun? This event used to be my favorite :(

Why can't you play a new last DS version Tropicam island? All events are there......

Anuisia
09-06-16, 11:34 AM
How many masks do we get for hatching, evolving, and harvesting? Is it calculated by the number of hours each task takes to complete?

It seems like some players aren't happy about the prizes but I'm looking forward to trying to get all of these as I have only been playing DS for a few months. I don't have any of these decorations or dragons yet (but I also don't have any room to put the decorations so into storage they go!).

saghaven
09-06-16, 11:34 AM
And now we get two events going on at the same time? Seriously?

ZaneGodfrey
09-06-16, 11:35 AM
Why can't you play a new last DS version Tropicam island? All events are there......

Force close, maybe?

D_Raho
09-06-16, 11:35 AM

If her game is like my sisters, it force closes on pretty much all of the newer version of DS. I had to buy her a new phone that would for sure play the game so she could finally update.

D_Raho
09-06-16, 11:36 AM
How many masks do we get for hatching, evolving, and harvesting? Is it calculated by the number of hours each task takes to complete?.
1 point for every hour.

athenageez
09-06-16, 11:51 AM
I wasn't playing when this event happened before so I appreciate the chance to get these prizes. I'd think players who have them would appreciate the chance to focus on growing food and evolving, etc. That seems to be the main complaint during events. Consider it a break?

Only hope this doesn't have a ridiculous amount needed like the last two.

nyrrem
09-06-16, 11:54 AM
Beautiful dragons.

Odd we have two events overlapping.

amerirish
09-06-16, 11:56 AM
I wasn't playing when this event happened before so I appreciate the chance to get these prizes. I'd think players who have them would appreciate the chance to focus on growing food and evolving, etc. That seems to be the main complaint during events. Consider it a break?

I agree with you, but only to a point. If all the dragons/prizes were old, it would be one thing but the last prize is new (of course) so it will still require a lot of attention to get there. Also, I would collect like a madwoman even if there wasn't anything new just to help players like you to get the group prizes :)

jaymieb2
09-06-16, 11:56 AM
Not too happy about the recycled Dreamweaver, Contrastias and Melting Moon, but glad I can get the habitat and two new to me dragons. Good luck everyone!

Exactly!

savage_mel
09-06-16, 11:57 AM
I'm excited about this event! I do have one of the dragons but not the others, and it makes no difference to me if the two events are overlapping since i care nothing about leaderboards and am only trying for the milestones i want. so this event will not affect the other in any way.

lenasdinner
09-06-16, 11:58 AM
Beautiful dragons.

Odd we have two events overlapping.

Well there is not very big differents.. we still need to hatch from nest .....

belarica
09-06-16, 11:58 AM

Of course it requires a ridiculous amount, with fewer avenues to get them.

I also believe people like me are already using dragon tales and leaderboards as "breaks" and looking forward to community events. However, the team has managed to ruin them for fun too by making it near impossible and now recycling prizes. They're not even old prizes, almost all of them are from this year.

hiabarara
09-06-16, 12:07 PM

If her game is like my sisters, it force closes on pretty much all of the newer version of DS. I had to buy her a new phone that would for sure play the game so she could finally update.
I probably annoy everyone here because I constantly complain about it :D But yes, Halloween is the only working version. I tried all other versions on my tablet, my new phone and even my SO's new phone and it always crashes during the loading screen. It's frustrating as hell. If they delete Halloween then I won't be able to play at all.
Weirdly enough I'm not the only one. There were multiple complaints about the same problem in other threads.

Natasha_07
09-06-16, 12:14 PM
Yes Halloween was the most stable edition on my tablet, not perfect but better than getting foreclosed every 30 seconds as all the other editions did for me. That was frustrating as I would have to re-plant, re-harvest, re-breed, etc.

Everything had to be done several times over before it registered.

It's so difficult playing on my tablet that I only play DS on another device just because of these issues.

I probably annoy everyone here because I constantly complain about it :D But yes, Halloween is the only working version. I tried all other versions on my tablet, my new phone and even my SO's new phone and it always crashes during the loading screen. It's frustrating as hell. If they delete Halloween then I won't be able to play at all.
Weirdly enough I'm not the only one. There were multiple complaints about the same problem in other threads.

lenasdinner
09-06-16, 12:18 PM

This tropical island version,when I touch the ikon to open the game automaticly stops .but on a second try works normaly.strange how this games dont work for everyone the same.
Really feal bad for you,that shouldent happen to anyone and you are not annoyin at all.

D_Raho
09-06-16, 12:29 PM
The problem is it this is a complicated game, and Android is a monster to program for. Fragmentation makes it so hard to get things working on all devices. Especially if they are heavily modified, like Samsung does with their Galaxy lineup. And often times, getting your app to work with Samsung devices(the largest marketshare) means breaking functionality on other phones, and it's too hard and time consuming to test every single variant on many different versions of android on many different phones. Especially when the Android test SDK emulator tells you the app works on all of X devices. It's just too hard and Google needs to crack down to make thing easier for developers.

But we are getting off topic, so I apologize. Back to the Event!

byteme77
09-06-16, 12:30 PM
i hope they bring all the old events back in time like the Eygpt one and Soccer as i started late and missed theese :)

D_Raho
09-06-16, 12:34 PM
Melting Moon - 25 points
Contrastias - 250 Points
Slumberland - 700 Points
Venetian Dragon - 1450 Points
Masquerade Dragon - 2900 points

If you've never spent any Gold for this game(1 Nest, 1 Evolution Temple), the maximum amount you can earn a day is 216 Points(7 Farms x 24 hours + 1 Nest x 24 hours + 1 Evolution Temple x 24 hours). 216 x 10 days = 2160. A far cry from the necessary average of 290 a day required for the Masquerade at 2900. Even with a bonus weekend starting on a Friday and giving you three days worth of double points still wouldn't get you there without spending gold. Three bonus days amount to the same thing as extending the even by three days. And 216 x 13 = 2808.

This is once again impossible without spending gold, either in the past or right now. And those numbers I posted would also require you to magically hatch, evolve, collect, plant and reset all of your Nests, Evolution Temples and Farms at the exact same time not losing a single second. Which is impossible, of course. So pretty much every newer account is out of luck, unless they give us something really special real soon.

starship412
09-06-16, 01:08 PM
My 55 masks disappeared from earlier. Is there something anyone could do about it?

kooky panda
09-06-16, 01:19 PM
My 55 masks disappeared from earlier. Is there something anyone could do about it?
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

byteme77
09-06-16, 01:36 PM
Melting Moon - 25 points
Contrastias - 250 Points
Slumberland - 700 Points

If you've never spent any Gold for this game(1 Nest, 1 Evolution Temple), the maximum amount you can earn a day is 216 Points(7 Farms x 24 hours + 1 Nest x 24 hours + 1 Evolution Temple x 24 hours). 216 x 10 days = 2160. A far cry from the necessary average of 290 a day required for the Masquerade at 2900. Even with a bonus weekend starting on a Friday and giving you three days worth of double points still wouldn't get you there without spending gold. Three bonus days amount to the same thing as extending the even by three days. And 216 x 13 = 2808.

This is once again impossible without spending gold, either in the past or right now. And those numbers I posted would also require you to magically hatch, evolve, collect, plant and reset all of your Nests, Evolution Temples and Farms at the exact same time not losing a single second. Which is impossible, of course. So pretty much every newer account is out of luck, unless they give us something really special real soon.

and why does this not supprise me , thanks for posting the amounts up i had not time to work them out myself yet and geez another final dragon thats not gonna be added to my collection , simply refusing to be forced into scerarios like this with impossible goals unless gold is spent methods, may try on my main as that has 2nd evoultion flower nows

DeeDe99
09-06-16, 02:12 PM
This tropical island version,when I touch the ikon to open the game automaticly stops .but on a second try works normaly.strange how this games dont work for everyone the same.
Really feal bad for you,that shouldent happen to anyone and you are not annoyin at all.

It is different for everyone primarily because of the vast array of devices available in the marketplace, compounded by the myriad of versions of the operating systems. Android devices alone can be running on anything from 4.4.2 (even earlier) to 6.0.1. In hiabarara's situation, I'd be inclined to hypothesise there might be something in the database records of the particular account causing an issue.

Plus what D_Raho said above! (Just saw it now)

JDanil07
09-06-16, 02:17 PM
I don't think it's reasonable to set a standard of never spending gold. Spending gold is not the same as spending money. I don't spend real world money, and I wouldn't get in the habit of using gold just to speed up the game, but I save up my slow accumulation of gold and spend it strategically on things that advance the game and give me a better chance of winning events over the long term. Additional nests and the second evolution temple are at the top of the list.

duh1234wq
09-06-16, 02:59 PM
Having invested in having an almost complete set of (I'm only short the 4th nest) I still need to convert at 86% efficiency. So 4 sets diamonddates daily is not an option, which I know will come to bite me when the next story comes around in 10 days...

anaghasaki
09-06-16, 03:42 PM
Melting Moon - 25 points
Contrastias - 250 Points
Slumberland - 700 Points

Just to further the calculation:-
If you have 7 farms, 2 nests and 2 evolution temples, it calculates to a total of (7+2+2) 11 x 24 hrs = 264 points daily.. With this number, you would need 11 days to get to 2900 (264 x 11 = 2904).. for the impossibility of collecting from everything at the exact second, there are those points which you would get from the things that are ready at the start of the event.. This of course would be different for everybody.. So if we get a bonus weekend, this event is achievable with 7 farms, 2 nests and 2 temples (or 3 nests and 1 temple, or any other combination of 11 things to collect from).. If there is no bonus weekend, we will have to spend some gold, again depending upon how many points one gets from collecting things which are already ready at the start of the event, and how often one collects at the exact right time..

If anyone is spending the accumulated gold only on investments (nests, temples etc. as opposed to speeding things), one would need 13 things to collect from daily.. that means something like 7 farms, 2 temples and 4 nests.. (12 things x 24 hrs = 288 points daily whereas 13 x 24 = 312 points daily)..

KatysKats
09-06-16, 03:48 PM
I do not have many of these so will try to see how far I can get..seems to me if there should be gold spent it might as well be during the overlap so it helps both games. As for the android problems- my DS and FFS both glitch and crash a lot. I put Blue Stacks on my PC and play on that when I am home as they tend to be a little more stable.

byteme77
09-06-16, 04:06 PM
Just to further the calculation:-
If you have 7 farms, 2 nests and 2 evolution temples, it calculates to a total of (7+2+2) 11 x 24 hrs = 264 points daily.. With this number, you would need 11 days to get to 2900 (264 x 11 = 2904).. for the impossibility of collecting from everything at the exact second, there are those points which you would get from the things that are ready at the start of the event.. This of course would be different for everybody.. So if we get a bonus weekend, this event is achievable with 7 farms, 2 nests and 2 temples (or 3 nests and 1 temple, or any other combination of 11 things to collect from).. If there is no bonus weekend, we will have to spend some gold, again depending upon how many points one gets from collecting things which are already ready at the start of the event, and how often one collects at the exact right time..

If anyone is spending the accumulated gold only on investments (nests, temples etc. as opposed to speeding things), one would need 13 things to collect from daily.. that means something like 7 farms, 2 temples and 4 nests.. (12 things x 24 hrs = 288 points daily whereas 13 x 24 = 312 points daily)..

WOW there goes my chances with 7 farms 2 nests and 2 evolution chambers then :(

Clark_Wayne
09-06-16, 04:08 PM
2 event at same time : they want to **** us ? or take more money ? LOL

byteme77
09-06-16, 04:09 PM
2 event at same time : they want to **** us ? or take more money ? LOL

maybe BOTH lol

byteme77
09-06-16, 04:11 PM
on the plus side FFS has gone quiet giving me chance to properly juggle 3 accs of DS instead of DS and FFS :)

iSunglow
09-06-16, 04:15 PM
And now all the events in this game are out of my reach. I'm not fond of these pay to win schemes and, to be frank, I'm a little relieved I decided this leaderboards would be my last event. I'll be focusing on breeding and raising my dragons only from now on. It's too bad; I used to love the community events. :c

zaccy678
09-06-16, 04:29 PM
Wow, the community prizes aren't fabulous are they? :eek:

I am happy to have a habitat back as a prize though...

Drachenia
09-06-16, 04:40 PM
Hello TL how do you come to 1000 masks ? You can not send a Dragon Quest on , do not get masks of the arena and the first reward from the event is only decoration.

groovyedwin
09-06-16, 04:51 PM
If one has 4 hatching nests, 2 evolution temples and 7 farms then they max out at 13 x 24 or 312/day. Only combination where you have a chance to reach 2 900 without spending more gold.

comeseecomesah
09-06-16, 05:04 PM
So they want our blood as well!! Don't mind spending gold but not on everything. Used to recuperate during world event but now that's been spoiled. As posts above have done the math and this task impossible without spending loads of gold. The first few prizes aren't even new so those who have them can't be a little pleased just to get something new if they don't get to the end. Not fair at all. Very disappointed!

comeseecomesah
09-06-16, 05:11 PM
Things have sure changed

JMThrive
09-06-16, 05:36 PM

I lost 28 masks. In order to play DS. I have constantly uninstalled then reinstall it. After doing that I lost the 28 makes I had already earned. I have 2 melt moon things to show that I had already gotten at least 25 masks to earn it. Come on Storm8 get your act together. Stop releasing events so often and fix your game. Oh and I did open a support ticket for all the good that will do

Drachenia
09-06-16, 05:46 PM
I lost 28 masks. In order to play DS. I have constantly uninstalled then reinstall it. After doing that I lost the 28 makes I had already earned. I have 2 melt moon things to show that I had already gotten at least 25 masks to earn it. Come on Storm8 get your act together. Stop releasing events so often and fix your game. Oh and I did open a support ticket for all the good that will do

Hello the moons are in this event only decoration and they give no masks :(

byteme77
09-06-16, 05:46 PM
Wow, the community prizes aren't fabulous are they? :eek:

I am happy to have a habitat back as a prize though...

will make up for the gold im gonna have to spend to get the final prize for my main i suppose :)

byteme77
09-06-16, 05:49 PM

yeah i was kinda puzzled on that also and thought WOW been stiffed on getting extra ever so many hours like other events , its all down hill from here for this way things are going , was bad enough about unrealistic goals and no tourny gold anymores eithers and this on top , i do fund this game but push comes to shove thats gonna end on all 3 accts soon with there money grab ways

redbullangel
09-06-16, 05:52 PM
Melting Moon - 25 points
Contrastias - 250 Points
Slumberland - 700 Points

Thanks for the breakdown. I'm a pretty new player and I haven't built up my gold stash yet. I'll go as far as I can with my 1 nest and 1 evolution temple. So far, community events have been frustrating, but thanks to players like you, I at least stand a chance for the community prizes!

JMThrive
09-06-16, 06:21 PM

I didn't say they did. I said I earned enough masks to get a melting moon. Then I was reset back to zero masks. Then I earned enough masks to earn a 2nd melting moon. Nomi have been reset back to zero masks again and have 3 melting moons. My mask count keeps getting reset to zero. So now I have lost 28 & 62 masks

starship412
09-06-16, 07:25 PM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

I sent the e-mail Kooky but nothing's been done. I'll give them some time since they're probably busy.

Kennedward
09-06-16, 07:29 PM
I got 60 right now, but with limited playing time, I doubt I'll get the last individual prize

Drachenia
09-06-16, 07:38 PM
I didn't say they did. I said I earned enough masks to get a melting moon. Then I was reset back to zero masks. Then I earned enough masks to earn a 2nd melting moon. Nomi have been reset back to zero masks again and have 3 melting moons. My mask count keeps getting reset to zero. So now I have lost 28 & 62 masks

Ouch that sounds as if you had an internet crash, write support@storm8.com
Write it exactly as you wrote to me there , do not forget your Storm8 ID , on which device you play and e.g. FFS 1.6.1 und e.g. IOS 9.3.5
Good luck JMThrive

FireballFarm
09-06-16, 07:38 PM
I love the Masquerade Dragon (but likely won't get it) and don't mind the recycled dragons as prizes since many players missed out on them when they were first offered, but... the Melting Moon as the first prize? And it gives no masks? Not cool. It (and the stellar steps) were in an event only a few weeks ago, so it's not like S8 pulled out and dusted off a couple old, expired items that newer players would be excited to have a chance to win. Blah.

And the prizes don't really match the masquarade theme, it's just a mishmash of stuff. Is it supposed to be dreamy or masquarade-y? Or astrological? Is it really that hard to some up with one new, original deco for the first prize? Considering the amount of money S8 is expecting players to shell out on all these events, it would be nice to see a little more thought and effort being put into selecting the prizes.

All in all, I'm happy to see a World Event, but wish S8 would clean up their act a bit. I don't know if it's the sheer volume of events they keep throwing at us, or if the relentless push for more sales is affecting more than just the players, but the events lately have been sloppy and uninspired.

Kennedward
09-06-16, 07:43 PM
I love the Masquerade Dragon (but likely won't get it) and don't mind the recycled dragons as prizes since many players missed out on them when they were first offered, but... the Melting Moon as the first prize? And it gives no masks? Not cool. It (and the stellar steps) were in an event only a few weeks ago, so it's not like S8 pulled out and dusted off a couple old, expired items that newer players would be excited to have a chance to win. Blah. And the prizes don't really match the masquarade theme, it's just a mishmash of stuff. Is it supposed to be dreamy or masquarade-y? Or astrological? Considering the amount of money S8 is expecting players to shell out on all these events, it would be nice to see a little more thought and effort being put into selecting the prizes.

All in all, I'm happy to see a World Event, but wish S8 would clean up their act a bit. I don't know if it's the sheer volume of events they keep throwing at us, or if the relentless push for more sales is affecting more than just the players, but the events lately have been sloppy and uninspired.

lol agreed, the melting moon is merely a decor, really no use for me on my jampacked island

Anyways, like I said in my prev post, I doubt I'll get the last prize, so I don't really care, nor can I care about this event. It's not that I don't want to play, but lately a lot of the events seems like they need players to be playing full-time, which I cannot do when I have to work.

zaccy678
09-06-16, 07:43 PM

And there's no Quest to earn extra points either... :(

Drachenia
09-06-16, 08:33 PM
And there's no Quest to earn extra points either... :(

Yes , I also noticed , this event is really hard to collect with masks , because even in the arena you get no masks :(

Kennedward
09-06-16, 08:37 PM
Yes , I also noticed , this event is really hard to collect with masks , because even in the arena you get no masks :(

Agreed, that's why I said they want us to play full time, reading some posts in previous pages though it doesn't seem like the last one can be obtained even playing full time without spending gold

jjblueyes
09-07-16, 12:18 AM
Ive been so busy I didn't notice they did this. I'm pretty unhappy. I wouldn't have been busting along so hard had I seen this. This is becoming way to much too often. I don't enjoy earning the same dragons and the longer we've played the more probability we have these dragons. Leadership I typically have all but new dragons, several tournaments have been recycled and now this. Why bother logging in every day when there's old dragons I already have as the tasks. I'm telling you the game is pushing older players out. I can't decorate my island or place all my dragons and this trend is getting annoying. Sorry just my feelings.

Really disappointed, they're all recycled prizes and decor except the masquerade dragon and maybe the first personal prize dragon.

We had sleepy slumberland world event earlier this year, why are we doing it again?
Not to mention the phantom dragon would fit better in this "masquerade ball" better than dream weaver.

pernmagic
09-07-16, 12:38 AM
Ive been so busy I didn't notice they did this. I'm pretty unhappy. I wouldn't have been busting along so hard had I seen this. This is becoming way to much too often. I don't enjoy earning the same dragons and the longer we've played the more probability we have these dragons. Leadership I typically have all but new dragons, several tournaments have been recycled and now this. Why bother logging in every day when there's old dragons I already have as the tasks. I'm telling you the game is pushing older players out. I can't decorate my island or place all my dragons and this trend is getting annoying. Sorry just my feelings.
I feel the same ..... Long term players are getting frustrated with replays instead of doable better spaced targets to fight and struggle for :)

Bastiaan0
09-07-16, 01:47 AM
Lost over 120 points just now. Don't know if I'm going to write support about this or simply leave the game altogether. :(

raygill1
09-07-16, 02:27 AM
I'm a reasonable new player..... I played a few years ago and quite and then started back in March! I've notice a major change in all events since then!
Community events were fun, and easy to win, but then there was the whole scandal with the community amount not going up and then bang went up in a flash!
There's been a definite increase in leadership boards and the last day of tales has become a lot trickier for some and just to top it of tournaments have become a lot more random.

But at the end of the day Storm8 is a company and should be making money, for every person that gets hacked off enough about being pushed for gold there will be another who is happy to spend a couple of quid/dollars on getting there hands on a dragon that very few people have.

At the end of the day why should Storm8 'let' me win a ultra/super rare dragon when I've never paid storm for the privilege of playing this game, I don't keep this game running, the people who spend money do. If we'd all had to pay to download the game in the first place, I bet not even half of us would be here, and then I would say we'd have a right to complain. I think we're all just going to have to accept that Storm8 is a business that needs to earn money and everyone who is like me and doesn't spend, should just be happy to have access to such a nice game!

jagarjag
09-07-16, 03:03 AM
Just lost 156 points! Mask count reset to 0! Have emailed support but I think I know why it happened. I needed to buy some habitats and downloaded the halloween version ( that is the only version that lets me buy anything, otherwise the game crashes). When I returned to tropic island version the counter was reset as the halloween version did'nt have the event.

All other players who have lost their points:: have u played on an older version inbetween? And I presume you all are in Android?

TwinkleTwiny
09-07-16, 03:04 AM
Looking on the brighter side, with the masks being so hard to get and past dragons as prizes, it is easier to skip this event and play normally. It feels like I will only "miss" one dragon ;)

Kennedward
09-07-16, 03:33 AM
I feel the same ..... Long term players are getting frustrated with replays instead of doable better spaced targets to fight and struggle for :)

Same here

byteme77
09-07-16, 03:36 AM
Same here

Same also , I didn't mind parting with gold when task had a reasonable goal but when it feels like a must do thing I'm starting to back away and not spend my gold in what seems to be more a forced spend

Kennedward
09-07-16, 03:41 AM
Looking on the brighter side, with the masks being so hard to get and past dragons as prizes, it is easier to skip this event and play normally. It feels like I will only "miss" one dragon ;)

That's a nice concept that I always try to tell new players, too bad not all will listen, and from what I've seen in leaderboards, many are willing to spend to get dragons.

Anyways, I always save my gold for something else, a mere regular dragon that only produces coins doesn't interest me to spend my gold

zyfazix
09-07-16, 04:19 AM
As if the increased demands to get the last individual prize isn't bad enough, you know have to be on a recent game version to access the event. As far as I can see there's nothing new about this event (well, except for the Masquerade dragon) and certainly nothing in the way of getting pieces. The only thing this limitation is going to accomplish from my point of view is pushing people away from the game. Players don't stick to an old version because they like it better, it's simply the only one that works.

nicsdragonisle
09-07-16, 04:44 AM
Same also , I didn't mind parting with gold when task had a reasonable goal but when it feels like a must do thing I'm starting to back away and not spend my gold in what seems to be more a forced spend
YES! My feeling exactly. I really (REALLY) wish the CEs would go back to the way they were...FUN with challenging yet reasonable goals. Seems as if S8 is using the highest level players as their baseline for achieving success instead of mid-level. I think the Comm Events should be the one event that's achievable by most players without spending gold.
I'm not inclined to spend ANY of I need to spend on ALL. Hoping this makes sense! Lol. Good luck everyone!!

TwinkleTwiny
09-07-16, 05:35 AM
Anyways, I always save my gold for something else, a mere regular dragon that only produces coins doesn't interest me to spend my gold

I quite agree, I prefer to save for gold producing dragons (and nice habitats)

Kennedward
09-07-16, 05:39 AM
I quite agree, I prefer to save for gold producing dragons (and nice habitats)

Nice to see someone agree with me on gold saving :cool:

jjblueyes
09-07-16, 06:32 AM

I don't enjoy feeling that way but I'm not enjoying where this has been going. If you've got devoted, daily players for years and years you should be celebrating them! I'm not begrudging the new folks. If they had the older dragons as well as new stuff for us it would feel better. I honestly don't know why I should try for that new dragon, it's just going to
Come back in a tourney or something within a year. Not worth ****ing myself when a "limited" or hard fought prize dragon really isn't.

Drachenia
09-07-16, 07:05 AM
Agreed, that's why I said they want us to play full time, reading some posts in previous pages though it doesn't seem like the last one can be obtained even playing full time without spending gold

Yes I agree with you Kennedward. The event is not to end without buying gold with Euros . But I will not do , I find it a pity that it is made more difficult for normal players. :(

Benito_
09-07-16, 07:29 AM
Why did this game reset my progress? I had over 194 masks now it reset to 0000. I farmed food and now at 35. Storm8 needs to fix these stupid bugs with their game.

Drachenia
09-07-16, 07:51 AM
Why did this game reset my progress? I had over 194 masks now it reset to 0000. I farmed food and now at 35. Storm8 needs to fix these stupid bugs with their game.

You have an Internet crash . Make delete these steps game , recharge and if you do not see the number of masks , write support@storm8.com

Benito_
09-07-16, 08:16 AM
You have an Internet crash . Make delete these steps game , recharge and if you do not see the number of masks , write support@storm8.com
It dumped my points again and I am back to 000000000000 again.

Benito_
09-07-16, 08:54 AM
It dumped my points again and I am back to 000000000000 again.

Sent email about problem to helpless desk. Will get response in about 2 weeks.

meoconlunar
09-07-16, 09:39 AM
Lost all the points .....

i have sent mail already, dunno does it help

just realize that I am not the ONLY one -__-

starship412
09-07-16, 11:56 AM
I can't even play the current versions of the game now. The game crashes before the map requests pop up. Tried clearing cache and force stop but those aren't helping. Plus I was robbed again of masks. Now I've had a total of 82 disappear. 55 the first time and 27 the second time. I'm on Droid and I don't know whether I have too many neighbors or whether the leaderboard + world event are causing these crashes but they need to make all achievements in the Halloween version creditable to the new versions until they fix them. This game is getting frustrating as they can see in these forums.

starship412
09-07-16, 11:58 AM
Lost all the points .....

i have sent mail already, dunno does it help

just realize that I am not the ONLY one -__-

I sent an e-mail and didn't get a personal response. Apparently nothing's getting done about this.

Bastiaan0
09-07-16, 12:17 PM
I can't even play the current versions of the game now. The game crashes before the map requests pop up. Tried clearing cache and force stop but those aren't helping. Plus I was robbed again of masks. Now I've had a total of 82 disappear. 55 the first time and 27 the second time. I'm on Droid and I don't know whether I have too many neighbors or whether the leaderboard + world event are causing these crashes but they need to make all achievements in the Halloween version creditable to the new versions until they fix them. This game is getting frustrating as they can see in these forums.

Try deleting the data of the app, that's what I'm doing permanently to keep the original version running.
I''m pretty convinced that the missing masks issue is not due to internet crashing, but is related to the older versions of the game. I only lose my accumulated masks if I logged on to haloween version. I don't know why S8 took the world event out of haloween, because it was working fine. I actually think someone forgot to remove a line of code while preparing haloween version :rolleyes:

Bastiaan0
09-07-16, 12:20 PM
I sent an e-mail and didn't get a personal response. Apparently nothing's getting done about this.

It takes a few days for support to react, I also send in a ticket and got the 'ticket received' reply stating "We are currently experiencing a high volume of tickets". I have no idea why :p:rolleyes:

Kennedward
09-07-16, 07:16 PM
I don't enjoy feeling that way but I'm not enjoying where this has been going. If you've got devoted, daily players for years and years you should be celebrating them! I'm not begrudging the new folks. If they had the older dragons as well as new stuff for us it would feel better. I honestly don't know why I should try for that new dragon, it's just going to
Come back in a tourney or something within a year. Not worth ****ing myself when a "limited" or hard fought prize dragon really isn't.

That was the reason why i left the game for over a year, but I still kept on collecting gold during that year, and when I've noticed I've saved up many gold that I could buy many things that were gold-only, I've decided to come back

Anyways, I agree with you though, I don't spend my gold on many events because the final prize is a normal dragon that produces coins, as I've said, I only use my gold to buy gold-only purchases like gold producing dragons and 4 dragon habitats

Kennedward
09-07-16, 07:17 PM
Yes I agree with you Kennedward. The event is not to end without buying gold with Euros . But I will not do , I find it a pity that it is made more difficult for normal players. :(

I actually feel lucky to be a player who started playing since the beginning, as it was much easier to get free gold, which allowed me to buy gold producing dragons without spending money, and with that, I eventually saved up enough to complete the gold producing dragons collection

Because for newer players, they pretty much have to spend to get gold, as free gold are hard to come by

jjblueyes
09-07-16, 09:26 PM
That was the reason why i left the game for over a year, but I still kept on collecting gold during that year, and when I've noticed I've saved up many gold that I could buy many things that were gold-only, I've decided to come back

Anyways, I agree with you though, I don't spend my gold on many events because the final prize is a normal dragon that produces coins, as I've said, I only use my gold to buy gold-only purchases like gold producing dragons and 4 dragon habitats

We agree:)

comeseecomesah
09-07-16, 10:03 PM
Of course it requires a ridiculous amount, with fewer avenues to get them.

I also believe people like me are already using dragon tales and leaderboards as "breaks" and looking forward to community events. However, the team has managed to ruin them for fun too by making it near impossible and now recycling prizes. They're not even old prizes, almost all of them are from this year.

I agree with you on everything you said.

missourijan
09-07-16, 10:51 PM

I think mine are disappearing too i have had two nests going two evolution temples and 7 farms and have barely over 100 points

pernmagic
09-08-16, 02:43 AM
I actually feel lucky to be a player who started playing since the beginning, as it was much easier to get free gold, which allowed me to buy gold producing dragons without spending money, and with that, I eventually saved up enough to complete the gold producing dragons collection

Because for newer players, they pretty much have to spend to get gold, as free gold are hard to come by

I agree with you and others and another aspect is this ...... If us long term players are struggling to complete due to the raised stakes to get the final individual prizewithout spending gold how are the newer players who have limited money to buy gold going to have the endurance to continue playing and become long term players ...... Could create a limited pool of players in the future ....
The last individual dragon I would like to have but will be very surprised if I make it .... That's at L183 :(

amalsaba
09-08-16, 04:49 AM

I never got the venetian dragon! I used to play the game when it first came out but I stopped for 2 years due to the differences between ios and android. I started playing again over a year ago and I'm actually glad to get a chance to get those dragons that I missed out on. This community event is actually great for me. The slumberland habitat is gorgeous and I don't have it. I'd love to get venitians since I don't have it and the dreamweaver is gorgeous! It's one of my favourite dragons. I don't mind having doubles for now.

Kennedward
09-08-16, 08:10 AM
I agree with you and others and another aspect is this ...... If us long term players are struggling to complete due to the raised stakes to get the final individual prizewithout spending gold how are the newer players who have limited money to buy gold going to have the endurance to continue playing and become long term players ...... Could create a limited pool of players in the future ....
The last individual dragon I would like to have but will be very surprised if I make it .... That's at L183 :(

Speaking of which, quite a lot of new players (on forum and some I know in person), they think I spent a lot money to get what I have on my island, when in fact it's how the game has changed, free gold was easier to get back in the earlier days in the game, so for many long-term players they can get a lot of gold-only dragons on their islands (and I know a few who do) but it's pretty much impossible for new players without spending money.

Anyways, it seems that's the direction the game has changed into, which isn't liked by most, but it's business

PinkBubbles75
09-08-16, 08:25 AM
The things I only want is the habitat and the last 2 individual prize dragons since I don't have those. Im not gonna spend gold just to get the last dragon though. I don't know why they would reuse more recent items in events. I already have the dreamer dragon, but it's good for those who don't have it. I like getting more of those contrastias though (I could always take more of them lol).

Kennedward
09-08-16, 08:56 AM
The things I only want is the habitat and the last 2 individual prize dragons since I don't have those. Im not gonna spend gold just to get the last dragon though. I don't know why they would reuse more recent items in events. I already have the dreamer dragon, but it's good for those who don't have it. I like getting more of those contrastias though (I could always take more of them lol).

I actually want quite a few of the dragon prizes because I don't have them, but won't worry too much if I miss them, since I really could care less about 1 more dragon, and definitely won't be spending gold to get them lol

nyrrem
09-08-16, 10:49 AM
Why is there such a stupid point requirement and only 3 ways to earn points? This is the worst world event ever.
No quest (even though all quests drop coins for me)
No piece of decor to drop points every 4 hours

I bet however high the community goal is we will reach no matter what.

I play less these days. It isn't as fun.

Hawk1
09-08-16, 10:59 AM
Why is there such a stupid point requirement and only 3 ways to earn points? This is the worst world event ever.

I play less too, not worth the stress

roguebee
09-08-16, 03:08 PM
I like this event. Absolutely no pressure as I won't collect enough to get the 3rd personal prize, I have the other dragons, and I will get a nice 4 dragon habitat.

pocopicasso
09-08-16, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Fireball Farm:
"I love the Masquerade Dragon (but likely won't get it) and don't mind the recycled dragons as prizes since many players missed out on them when they were first offered, but... the Melting Moon as the first prize? And it gives no masks? Not cool. It (and the stellar steps) were in an event only a few weeks ago, so it's not like S8 pulled out and dusted off a couple old, expired items that newer players would be excited to have a chance to win. Blah.

And the prizes don't really match the masquarade theme, it's just a mishmash of stuff. Is it supposed to be dreamy or masquarade-y? Or astrological? Is it really that hard to some up with one new, original deco for the first prize? Considering the amount of money S8 is expecting players to shell out on all these events, it would be nice to see a little more thought and effort being put into selecting the prizes.

All in all, I'm happy to see a World Event, but wish S8 would clean up their act a bit. I don't know if it's the sheer volume of events they keep throwing at us, or if the relentless push for more sales is affecting more than just the players, but the events lately have been sloppy and uninspired."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sloppy and uninspired is (unfortunately:() very well said.
Sorry S8, but you do seem to be all about the money lately~
Good luck to all who are participating!

Kennedward
09-08-16, 06:13 PM

That's why I don't participate in many events, and also why I mostly just play to collect gold only

Kennedward
09-08-16, 06:14 PM

Agreed!

Too bad not all will agree, and from what I've seen, especially in leaderboards, many are even willing to spend just to get 1 single dragon

missourijan
09-08-16, 07:03 PM

I so agree

groovyedwin
09-08-16, 09:51 PM
There will always be more dragons in events down the road.

Kennedward
09-08-16, 09:57 PM

That's what I always tell others, especially newer players, too bad not all will listen, just look at the leaderboards

Jennerwein1
09-09-16, 06:05 AM

Agreed. I already have the habitat, but I like it, so I hope I make it there. Not playing very hard, because this event is so uninspiring ( I had a few other terms, but this one is good).
That moon decoration as first prize? Laughable. Only three ways to get masks? Oh well, S8, suit yourselves, no gold will be spent on my part, until things become more fair towards the players. And, I am getting quite used to not finishing every quest, not getting every prize. Liberating.

Kennedward
09-09-16, 06:43 AM
Agreed. I already have the habitat, but I like it, so I hope I make it there. Not playing very hard, because this event is so uninspiring ( I had a few other terms, but this one is good).
That moon decoration as first prize? Laughable. Only three ways to get masks? Oh well, S8, suit yourselves, no gold will be spent on my part, until things become more fair towards the players. And, I am getting quite used to not finishing every quest, not getting every prize. Liberating.

Same with me, feels great to see another player who feels the same way about gold spending as I do

Florr06
09-09-16, 06:48 AM
After 2 days and 20 hours I have collected 573 masks, no way for me to get the final individual prize without spending buckets of gold. I will definitely get to the Venetian dragon and probably the final community prize as well, I don't have them and the habitat yet, so I'll be happy with those :)

nyrrem
09-09-16, 08:27 AM

The problem is each event is getting harder and harder to even come close to the top/goal/completion. I am suprised newbies carry on.

FieldsLikeB
09-09-16, 09:27 AM
I've never had fewer components in a World event at this point.

So let's be real honest. I will not gold willingly on an event that is rigged so you can not win through a bit of effort. I have three nests and evolution going 24/7 and all farms churning.

However in events where it feasible to win without gold I actually spend more gold. It's fun then and I like to support my fellow players.

So guys if you do not like my gold and do not want me to spend it keep it up.

Cuz this senior that's been around DS since the start only needs one more impossible event to take her account elsewhere and that includes all three games I play.

pernmagic
09-09-16, 10:25 AM
Just made 585 .... Just over 1/2 way to the community ..... This is appallingly slow and no way to speed it up .... No gold spending going to happen either .... Been playing too long to get caught into this :(

Yippee double points ..... That will help very much ...... ������

anaghasaki
09-09-16, 10:41 AM
2X points over the weekend!!!

The last dragon should be achievable now with 2 nests, 2 temples and 7 farms = 11
11 x 24 hrs = 264 points on normal days
264 x 2 = 528 points on weekend
(528 x 3) + (264 x 7) = 3432 points..
We still have margin of 500 points (for impossibility of not being able to collect everything at exact minute)..
Players wanting the last dragon should be having 264 x 3 =792 points right now..

Sandybellee
09-09-16, 10:45 AM
Just got the habitat! Very happy that we have a gorgeous 4 dragon habitat as a prize! My dream island area is growing again. :D

Florr06
09-09-16, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much for the x2 weekend! Will still be hard for me to get to 2900 (2 nests, 1 evolution temple, 7 farms), impossible without spending gold, but at least more feasible.

temecee
09-09-16, 10:52 AM
Yay for the double points. Now I can have a chance at the habitat and community prizes

anaghasaki
09-09-16, 11:01 AM
Thank you so much for the x2 weekend! Will still be hard for me to get to 2900 (2 nests, 1 evolution temple, 7 farms), impossible without spending gold, but at least more feasible.

May be possible if you have been playing and keeping your nests, farms and temple working 24 hrs..
Your total of 2 nests, 7 farms and temple is 10
10 x 24 hrs = 240 points
240 x 2 = 480 points on weekend
Total points for 10 days = (480 x 3) + (240 x 7) = 3120

D_Raho
09-09-16, 11:09 AM

The double points aren't just for the weekend. They last all the way til Tuesday. Giving this event the effect of 14 days.

If if you only have 1 Nest and 1 Evolution Temple, you can now potentially get the final prize without spending Gold. 216 a day for 14 days gives you 3024 points.

anaghasaki
09-09-16, 11:12 AM
Ohh didn't notice it was till Tuesday.. Well should be able to get the last dragon now.. Thanks S8..

sophiensissi
09-09-16, 11:27 AM
I earned the habitat and it's not in my storage. I earned it yesterday and I've reset and waited and nothing. I know... Contact s8, but that's annoying because it takes a ton of work and multiple emails to explain something so basic. I earned it and it didn't show up in my storage. That's it, end of story.

Florr06
09-09-16, 11:35 AM
No information on what time on Tuesday it'll finish though, but it's at least 3 full day (Saturday, Sunday, Monday). Because of studies and sleep I can't get the full 24 hours out of the day, I can plan the farms and evolutions well enough but breeding and egg hatching can finish at bad times, for example in the middle of the night - I'm not setting my alarm for this game! ;)

I've 587 points now with 7 Diamondates finishing soon - I'll have to spend some gold to speed up before going to bed but I think the final dragon is worth a couple gold bars. Will see where I am after the x2 days though, if I'm too far off I'm not going to bother :)

sophiensissi
09-09-16, 11:42 AM
I earned the habitat and it's not in my storage. I earned it yesterday and I've reset and waited and nothing. I know... Contact s8, but that's annoying because it takes a ton of work and multiple emails to explain something so basic. I earned it and it didn't show up in my storage. That's it, end of story.

It's been 24 hours and numerous shut downs etc and nothing. Then, I post about my woes and it shows up. Lol. Of course. I guess I need to realize it's just a game and quit getting frustrated.

Hawk1
09-09-16, 11:49 AM
To bad you don't get points from battle arena... Not worth the time to get Teacher dragon unless you get points

Nikkook
09-09-16, 02:19 PM
To bad you don't get points from battle arena... Not worth the time to get Teacher dragon unless you get points
Unless you happen to be a teacher yourself!

byteme77
09-09-16, 02:35 PM
thanks TL now if i get close and still fail short on my main i will gladly spend some gold to finish now :)

Exeroth
09-09-16, 03:19 PM
I can appreciate the criticisms regarding how this event requires spending money, but what we need to remember is that this game can't run if literally nobody is buying gold/value packs/whatever. I do think that things like this should be attainable to those whom are dedicated enough to play this game at almost all hours of the day- but I would argue that certain events should have a higher entry level for the sake of keeping the game alive. I've spent a pretty penny over the years, but that's because I not only want to support the developers, I also want to encourage creativity being invested into this. The more people are paying the more S8 will give attention to it, right?
That all being said, after you crunch the numbers; I feel this event is going too far. I have three nests and one evolution temple, and it's going to be quite a stretch for me to win unless I literally buy the few remaining masks. What I'm most worried about however, is that the 1000 mask requirement to be elegible for the community prizes will alienate so many players it won't even matter who's been trying their hardest to win. Besides, if the stakes are going to be THIS high, I would expect there to be more unique dragons to offer. I greatly appreciate the habitat, but with so few ways to accumulate masks, that may be the only prize worth vying for for most players.

newzealander
09-09-16, 03:43 PM
May be possible if you have been playing and keeping your nests, farms and temple working 24 hrs..
Your total of 2 nests, 7 farms and temple is 10
10 x 24 hrs = 240 points
240 x 2 = 480 points on weekend
Total points for 10 days = (480 x 3) + (240 x 7) = 3120

Of course, this theory relies on every single nest and temple finishing during waking hours, and you sitting there ready to connect the next egg or dragon on at exactly that moment, with not a single minute's delay. Maybe not quite realistic????

Exeroth
09-09-16, 05:05 PM
Anyone know when the double mask thing will be over? I shoved both my leaderboard dragons into nests right before it happened ):

june_ft
09-09-16, 05:11 PM
Hi this is my first community event since unlocking Arctic Isles. Does nothing at all in Arctic Isles count towards community events?
If so I can just leave it idle :D

sophiensissi
09-09-16, 05:19 PM
Hi this is my first community event since unlocking Arctic Isles. Does nothing at all in Arctic Isles count towards community events?

Unfortunately, no. They count in leaderboard events, however. And, most importantly, congratulations on Arctic! Yea! I think only iOS players have Arctic capabilities so they can't be used for much I think in order to keep it fair?

june_ft
09-09-16, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately, no. They count in leaderboard events, however. And, most importantly, congratulations on Arctic! Yea! I think only iOS players have Arctic capabilities so they can't be used for much I think in order to keep it fair?

Thanks a lot! :D

FireballFarm
09-09-16, 05:54 PM
Congrats on getting to the Arctic!
After a leaderboard event ends, I always queue up the Arctic up for the next leaderboard before leaving it to sit idle. That way, points are ready to collect as soon as the next leaderboard starts. I just finished getting mine situated, here's how I'm leaving it:
Egg on the nest, needs only 10 more flames to hatch
20 Flames in the bank
50 Flames ready in the mill
Silo maxed out with ancient oil and flammable fur
Breeding den ready with a new egg (and a free boosted breed this time!)
Evolution chamber has a 12-hour dragon in it that has finished evolving
All dragons in habitats fed up to level 3 or 6 and ready for evolution
A good supply of food in the bank (if I remember to, I'll grow more during the idle period- but I usually forget to)

It's nice to have some instant points when the LB starts, and having everything lined up and ready to go helps me get the breed-hatch-evolve-sell assembly line rolling up there. It's possible to do with only the Ice Age-type dragons (don't know if you've had time to breed Abominable types yet), the thing to remember is the Ice Age Dragon only takes a minute to evolve so it gives no LB points for evolution (it does give breeding and hatching points, though). Having a Meteor, Fossil, Cave or Bedrock waiting in the evo chamber is your best bet. :)

Kennedward
09-09-16, 06:14 PM
Finally, double points, but I still doubt I'll get the final prize though

june_ft
09-09-16, 06:41 PM
Congrats on getting to the Arctic!
After a leaderboard event ends, I always queue up the Arctic up for the next leaderboard before leaving it to sit idle. That way, points are ready to collect as soon as the next leaderboard starts.

Wow thank you so so much for sharing this! I only thought of growing more food in the idle period! Yay I will go ahead and do it :D

athenageez
09-09-16, 08:04 PM
You don't have to be awake 24/7. You can control when your evolving and hatching finish. IE don't evolve/hatch a dragon you know will be done when you're asleep.

Breeding isn't as predictable but it's not difficult to manage. If you just bred a 5 hour match before bedtime, there's no rule saying you have to immediately place it on the nest. I put a Water dragon on and wait until morning to move the egg to the nest.

temecee
09-09-16, 09:48 PM
Unless you happen to be a teacher yourself!

Exactly what I was going to say

TwinkleTwiny
09-09-16, 11:57 PM
This world event underlines that S8 still listens (in some way) to players 'request:
- a few months ago we got a pool asking for the 3 events we liked the most. From what I can remember, slumberland event was ranked in the top 3
- many players wished to win habitat in community event again.We now have it

The significant increase of points to achieve the final individual prize is a shame, I agree. I now, cannot get it anymore. But it makes the game challenging and like many people say, every company need incomes to continue on the market :)

PS: I am glad to see Dreamwaver at final community prize, this way I will finally be able to have the last large pink gem and craft quartz ! ;)

I am glad to see Dreamwaver at final community prize, this way I will finally be able to have the last large pink gem and craft quartz !

pernmagic
09-10-16, 12:00 AM
Thanks TL that makes so much difference, now I get a chance of the individual prize :)

Edit ....now in community as well ....

Nikkook
09-10-16, 12:09 AM
Well, I am now in the community prize section, thanks to double points. Not sure if I can reach Masquerade, but at least I can trade duplicates.

TwinkleTwiny
09-10-16, 12:10 AM
Thanks TL that makes so much difference, now I get a chance of the individual prize :)

Wooo how many points do you have?

fairytaleprincss
09-10-16, 07:06 AM
Was I mistaken but wasn't double points supposed to last through Tuesday 9/13? Mine disappeared & was replaced with boosted breading. I lost 500 points this AM cause of the switch. :(

Nikkook
09-10-16, 07:09 AM
Was I mistaken but wasn't double points supposed to last through Tuesday 9/13? Mine disappeared & was replaced with boosted breading. I lost 500 points this AM cause of the switch. :(

I have both. Are you sure your double points have gone?

fairytaleprincss
09-10-16, 07:17 AM
I have both. Are you sure your double points have gone?

Yes I was awarded at the regular rate for all I collected the AM. There was no pop up that appeared about the double points only the market sales & boosted breeding

Sandybellee
09-10-16, 07:33 AM
Yes I was awarded at the regular rate for all I collected the AM. There was no pop up that appeared about the double points only the market sales & boosted breeding

I have double points and free boosted breeding.

pernmagic
09-10-16, 10:11 AM
Wooo how many points do you have?

1042 now ....a long way to go but have seven days to do it so hoping ....

Nikkook
09-10-16, 10:58 AM
My double points just come, eg 10 masks when harvesting diamondates. If you're not getting that, email storm8

Exeroth
09-10-16, 11:54 AM
Anyone know when the double mask thing will be over? I shoved both my leaderboard dragons into nests right before it happened ):

Can confirm that the double masks end on the 13th. Good luck everyone!!

sophiensissi
09-10-16, 02:42 PM
2,900 for the final masquerade dragon, wow! That's a lot! I got Venetian today and not sure I will get that far.

JDanil07
09-10-16, 04:08 PM
I believe that the double points are UNTIL the 13th, which means it ends just after 11:59 PM U.S. Pacific time on the 12th. Somebody needs to notice the wording on the pop-up.

Kennedward
09-10-16, 06:16 PM
Wow many people already have such high points, I'm only at 762

temecee
09-10-16, 11:14 PM
With the double points (Thanks S8 for that) and with being week-end I managed to get the habitat last night.
Currently at 860 with Night (another fail but still) on nest (9 hours to go) and evolving non-stop. I hope that I'll be able to get at least the first dragon until the end of the event.
Also hope to get on the community zone later today.

Kennedward
09-11-16, 12:39 AM
With the double points (Thanks S8 for that) and with being week-end I managed to get the habitat last night.
Currently at 860 with Night (another fail but still) on nest (9 hours to go) and evolving non-stop. I hope that I'll be able to get at least the first dragon until the end of the event.
Also hope to get on the community zone later today.

Same here, now I have roughly 800 points

jjblueyes
09-11-16, 01:31 AM

It's sad my friend. I feel many of us peeps who have been around forever will get burned out and leave. I've lost several friends who won't play anymore & I am certainly getting burned out.

DeeDe99
09-11-16, 03:17 AM
I'm sitting on 1,561 so I think I should make it to the final individual.

sorynella
09-11-16, 03:58 AM
Yesterday I got the habitat ; u ; is so beautiful!! definitely my fave!! and it's my first time having a habitat with 3 colors ^^
I hope we will have more prizes like that in the future :D I might have a chance (but the possibility is low....) to the grand prize.

jaymieb2
09-11-16, 06:43 AM
There are a LOT of complaints about this event. I would like to offer a different viewpoint.

I LOVE this event!!! Why? Because it overlapped with the last one - those that disliked the leaderboard - had something to do, and those who were working towards milestones, didn't have to do anything extra to earn masks!

This is the easiest, most laid back event, EVER! Instead of needing to be online all the time for hourly battles, 2.5 hourly collections, a variety of quests, this is more Set It and Forget It. To maximize masks, you only need to log on to harvest, (and replant) food - evert 5 hours for my Diamond Dates, but maybe every 20 hours for your crop. Am choosing all of my long evolution dragons - things that I can't afford to evolve during a Tale - Sunrise, Magic and Island duplicates (to trade) and Diamond hybrids - like my 40 hour Anubis. Means the chamber is churning nonstop - especially during the double mask portion of the event. I also bred another Anubis - which kept me from breeding anything else, so I popped water eggs on my two nests. So I need to hatch to hatch those every12 hours.

So instead of constantly being required to come online for battles, ridiculous collections, being required to spend apples for leveling something to a 15, needing to keep the nest and Evo Chamber open for requirements so I don't fall behind, this event is AWESOME!

Living the Dream! I am breeding what I want (well, trying to breed what I want), growing food, evolving my dragons that I can't normally evolve, and keeping my nests filled... I could hatch eggs from storage, but I need a place to put them.

I did hatch the blue and white ******y dragon from the Sleepy Slumberland event - nicely timed to move into the amazing 750 mask habitat which holds four dragons and 10K coins... now all three of the dragons from that event are hanging out in the proper habitat, and will get the extra Dreamweaver I hope to trade for a (?large?) pink gemstone...

Also, I think the estimates are low on the double mask duration. That lasts through the 13th and started on the 9th... four days of doubles. And after missing out on most of the double points in a previous event, I am trying to maximize the time on this event.

With my current strategy to log on as little as possible, I am currently have over 1400 points and will reach the third indy prize with my next harvest... that still leaves two more full days of double masks to work towards the final dragon - plus regular mask collection days.

Good luck everyone!

pernmagic
09-11-16, 07:40 AM
Just managed to get the Venetian dragon, which I did not have, so still hoping to get the last individual ..... Double points certainly helped .....

Niire
09-11-16, 07:59 AM
Yes, thank goodness for those double points! Just got venetian myself last night...one of my 4 legged children nearly died last night, so getting her while sitting in the vet ER helped lift my spirits certainly. :)

jaymieb2
09-11-16, 10:18 AM
Yes, thank goodness for those double points! Just got venetian myself last night...one of my 4 legged children nearly died last night, so getting her while sitting in the vet ER helped lift my spirits certainly. :)

I hope your fur baby will be okay! Congrats on getting Venetian - I just managed to get enough masks with my last harvest. Very hopeful that I will reach the final dragon.

JaymieB2

Florr06
09-11-16, 02:07 PM
Venetian is on the nest right now, with a 15hr egg finishing in a few minutes I'll be at 1613 points. I really hope I can get the final individual prize so all three dragons can play together in the Slumberland habitat which by the way is absolutely breathtaking :) It will totally depend on when the double points bonus ends, if it ends at the end of the 12th I'm afraid I won't make it, if it ends say halfway through the day, I have a chance :)

9krm
09-11-16, 03:01 PM
There are a LOT of complaints about this event. I would like to offer a different viewpoint.

I LOVE this event!!!

Good luck everyone!

I like it too. I have been feeling dragon story burnout for awhile so its nice to have something chill going on. I haven't been trying at all, but I got the habitat and should get the venetian dragon. It is true that the point levels are higher, but I'm not going to stress out about it.I view these events as a way to maybe get a few dragons for free.

starship412
09-11-16, 03:22 PM
This World Event has been more fair than the two previous ones. Also, thanks Storm8 for putting the 82 masks that were lost back on my counter.
I know people are complaining about Dreamweaver being the community prize but, as a player who already has it, I don't mind one bit having another on my island - that dragon is beautiful and can fight in the arena. If it weren't for Dreamweaver then I wouldn't have gotten many of the new pink dragons I have now like Justice, Tiny and Pixie. Also, not all players were playing when Slumberland was going on.

Niire
09-11-16, 03:54 PM
I hope your fur baby will be okay! Congrats on getting Venetian - I just managed to get enough masks with my last harvest. Very hopeful that I will reach the final dragon.

JaymieB2

Thank you! <3 He's fine, but have to go pick him up here soon, and then watch over Mr. Cranky Kitty for a few days...(sorry for going off topic, but it's insane how relieved I am at the outcome!)

Grats to you as well...I also hope I can rack in enough of the doubles to at least seriously close the gap, right now I feel like I CAN do it, but stuff definitely happens. :p Best of luck, and best of luck to everyone else as well! :D

bravewarrior
09-11-16, 04:56 PM
If we could just have a double food weekend...

newzealander
09-11-16, 05:17 PM

I LOVE this event!!! Why? Because it overlapped with the last one - those that disliked the leaderboard - had something to do, and those who were working towards milestones, didn't have to do anything extra to earn masks!

This is the easiest, most laid back event, EVER! Instead of needing to be online all the time for hourly battles, 2.5 hourly collections, a variety of quests, this is more Set It and Forget It. To maximize masks, you only need to log on to harvest, (and replant) food - evert 5 hours for my Diamond Dates, but maybe every 20 hours for your crop. Am choosing all of my long evolution dragons - things that I can't afford to evolve during a Tale - Sunrise, Magic and Island duplicates (to trade) and Diamond hybrids - like my 40 hour Anubis. Means the chamber is churning nonstop - especially during the double mask portion of the event. I also bred another Anubis - which kept me from breeding anything else, so I popped water eggs on my two nests. So I need to hatch to hatch those every12 hours.

So instead of constantly being required to come online for battles, ridiculous collections, being required to spend apples for leveling something to a 15, needing to keep the nest and Evo Chamber open for requirements so I don't fall behind, this event is AWESOME!

Living the Dream! I am breeding what I want (well, trying to breed what I want), growing food, evolving my dragons that I can't normally evolve, and keeping my nests filled... I could hatch eggs from storage, but I need a place to put them.

I did hatch the blue and white ******y dragon from the Sleepy Slumberland event - nicely timed to move into the amazing 750 mask habitat which holds four dragons and 10K coins... now all three of the dragons from that event are hanging out in the proper habitat, and will get the extra Dreamweaver I hope to trade for a (?large?) pink gemstone...

Also, I think the estimates are low on the double mask duration. That lasts through the 13th and started on the 9th... four days of doubles. And after missing out on most of the double points in a previous event, I am trying to maximize the time on this event.

With my current strategy to log on as little as possible, I am currently have over 1400 points and will reach the third indy prize with my next harvest... that still leaves two more full days of double masks to work towards the final dragon - plus regular mask collection days.

Good luck everyone!
Applauds and agrees. It feels good to be less stressed. I'm loving the chance to do a bit of redecorating and focusing on the dragons I want to focus on.

KevinW07
09-11-16, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone,

About 4.5 hours ago, I was harvesting my 5 hour Diamondates crops with my Mask item count at 1,597. With 7 farms and double points, the Mask item count should have incremented by 70 to 1,667. However, I noticed when I harvested from my first 3 farms, no message popped up to notify me that any masks had been collected. Only when I harvested from my 4th farm did the messages start to pop-up. After harvesting and re-planting, I closed and re-opened my DS app to see if the counter would update to the expected amount, but it only incremented to 1,637.

I have submitted to bug report to TeamLava Support. These counters need to increment correctly as it is pretty challenging to collect the requisite 2,900 Masks for the last dragon is pretty challenging! Has anyone experienced this problem?

Kennedward
09-11-16, 06:28 PM
988 right now, really doubt I'll get the final prize, but will play whenever I can

EvieandIzzie
09-11-16, 07:00 PM
Yes this event is easy if you have spent the gold on the infrastructure for nests and evolution temples and the overlap was interesting as it possibly made more players engage with the leadership board event. Besides the rehashed dragons the biggest complaints are over the fact that you need to spend the gold to get the infrastructure required.
I do not have the gold for that and the only event for me that I now look forward to is the Dragon Tales. However this means I am saving food when possible for the vast amounts required for that.
I have been running my evolution temple nearly continuously by buying Water Dragons or evolving dragons that I have doubled up on to level 4 then selling or trading them. I am also very slowly, one piece of food a day, evolving three dragons to level 15, I have quiet a few now so tournaments are easier now.
That is how this game has changed for me, and if S8 keeps reducing the time between events here will not be enough time for grow enough food for the Dragon Tales and still keep the three dragons I feed happy and an unhappy dragon will then leave the isles for better pastures.:)

julia88s
09-11-16, 11:52 PM
1434 right now. :rolleyes:

pernmagic
09-12-16, 02:23 AM
1855. Helped by new Glimmer hybrid who now sits on the nest for 30 hours, also trying to evolve L9 Dragons to L10 when I have food spare to do so ..... Play regularly and for 2 1/2 + years but it's still difficult to stand a chance to get the masquerade ....

Kennedward
09-12-16, 04:12 AM
1100 on the spot, really limited playing time, I only played once today, so as I've said, I won't get the final prize but ah well, won't bother me to miss it

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
09-12-16, 07:55 AM
1932 ATM. I do have 2 nests, 2 evolution temples and the breeding roost activated when it was on sale last weekend.

byteme77
09-12-16, 08:59 AM
so what time does this go back to normal mask is it 8am GMT keep forgettin the reset time tys

Clark_Wayne
09-12-16, 09:15 AM
2989 :)

comeseecomesah
09-12-16, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if double points finish just before the next reset starts?

byteme77
09-12-16, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know if double points finish just before the next reset starts?

they said the 13th so im expecting it to like last time , tryin to find out reset time cant remember it at min

temecee
09-12-16, 09:53 AM
at about 1250 right now. Hoping for the Venetian dragon. I still don't have hopes for the last dragon but still. I had lots of fails on the breeding (a couple of Nightand and a Coral to name a few) and I intend of trading them all at some point but I'm evolving all the interesting dragons that I have and I sort of stopped feeding dragons except from taking babies to evolving status so I hope for at least a couple of k's of food by the time the next Tales come.

All in all I'm pretty happy with this event.

Sandybellee
09-12-16, 10:00 AM
2305 right now with 4 days left. Should make it to the last dragon. The double points made all the difference!

LadyDragonReign777
09-12-16, 11:13 AM
I already have the Dreamweaver Dragon cute but not one I want doubles of......but can anyone tell me if the moon dragon is still breadable?

savage_mel
09-12-16, 11:15 AM
2105 right now. I might just make it to the end! And I haven't done anything special. I only have one breeding roost and 2 nests and haven't spent any gold on this event. I haven't enjoyed an event so much in a long time. Its been so relaxing.No logging in every hour, or constant planning and strategizing. And I'm glad that the dragons are repeats. I didnt have venetian or the habitat. The double masks definitely helped!

09-12-16, 03:49 PM
At 2789 right now, may get the masquerade dragon to night, only spent 4 gold last night before bed to speed up hatching. I have 3 nests and 2 evolving temples. Double points helps a lot.

Kennedward
09-12-16, 05:41 PM
Wow, many people already have over 2000, I'm only at 1282 right now

FieldsLikeB
09-12-16, 07:51 PM
Only at 1848 so even with three nest it does not look good for masquerade.

DeeDe99
09-12-16, 08:11 PM
2305 right now with 4 days left. Should make it to the last dragon. The double points made all the difference!

2,203 for me with 3.5 days to go. That's a rate of 200 per day, so I should make it too.

09-12-16, 08:54 PM
I Got it, the Masquerade is in my storage, I am still playing for the community prize although I have the dreamweaver dragon already.

runamuck1
09-12-16, 11:43 PM
I'm at 2509 with 3 days and 11ish hours to go. I should make it since the double points went until Tuesday the 13th and not just until Monday like the boosted breeding did. Still, I lost out on a lot of food since I opted to plant 20 hour 700 food crops instead of my usual 5 hour 800 food crops since I was trying to get max number of points and I usually only get 3 maybe 4 plantings in a day with work and such. My poor rainbow warrior going to be stuck at level 14 for a while longer until I can get the 217,500 food to level him up to 15.

pernmagic
09-13-16, 12:01 AM
Just reached 2265 thanks to hatching Glimmer and collecting food etc this morning before reset time ...... Should be ok I hope ..... Now back to single points .....

Kennedward
09-13-16, 05:06 AM
1488 now, hardly got any from not being able to play much, I only play once a day now

sophiensissi
09-13-16, 07:32 AM
Collected my 9 and 12 hour nest dragons and 20 hour crops and they weren't double points any longer. Sad! Oh well. I thought the double lasted until later this morning? I will still get the last dragon though. Less than 200 to go. I just hope no one was counting on the double masks to finish.

saghaven
09-13-16, 07:43 AM
I think the double points end at midnight on the day of (so once the 12th became the 13th) in Pacific Time. I noticed that in the last event when we had a double points weekend.

DR0G0N
09-13-16, 07:50 AM
LOL...me too...was hoping the double points last the end of the day, this throws me back getting the last dragon. Currently, 2100 points, needed 800 masks. Even running all 7 farms, 2 temples, and 2 nest; 24 hours in 3 days would make me short by 8 masks, so for me to get that dragon I would need to speed things up.

The only reason I would want that dragon is so my Phantom dragon could have some companions with the same design theme (he looks out of place with my other dragons). Decisions...decisions...

temecee
09-13-16, 09:59 AM
Currently at 1483 (got my Venetian - YAY) and since there is no way to reach the last prize I'll try to play normally and help the community.

The start of work can be really seen in the way that I play.

Kennedward
09-13-16, 10:25 AM
Currently at 1483 (got my Venetian - YAY) and since there is no way to reach the last prize I'll try to play normally and help the community.

The start of work can be really seen in the way that I play.

Same here

Passera
09-13-16, 11:01 AM
For the 3rd event in a row I won't have enough for the final individual prize even with the double mask weekend!

leysanne
09-13-16, 01:51 PM
Yes it is ... I finally bred my moon dragon just recently during the last leaderboard event after months of trying :) Hope you get lucky trying for yours.

I already have dreamweaver but Venetian was new for me & I'm not far off masquerade now .... have 2658 points .... thanks to the double points weekend & a little bit of speed breeding for the glimmer dragon & an astromancer. Over the moon since I spent less than 90 gold & got both. Back to trying for prism again ... been trying for this for ages so fingers crossed.

Meant to reply to LadyDragonReign777 who posted:
I already have the Dreamweaver Dragon cute but not one I want doubles of......but can anyone tell me if the moon dragon is still breadable?

athenageez
09-13-16, 04:32 PM
I'm at 2,242 and I should make it if I don't forget to check in. Wedding is in less than two weeks now so my priorities are elsewhere.

The only reason I have a chance at this event is because I saved up enough gold from tournaments and gifting to get a second nest. Sadly it seems this is the new normal.

Best of luck to everyone!

comeseecomesah
09-13-16, 06:28 PM
they said the 13th so im expecting it to like last time , tryin to find out reset time cant remember it at min

A belated thanks for your reply lol. Missed getting the last 20hr food harvested before doubles ended but I'll be ok. Good luck to you☆

Btw, my reset time is 8 am, and the time now here in England is 2.30 am

jaymieb2
09-13-16, 06:38 PM
2309 with about 2 days, 16 hours to go... I think I can make it, but timing is getting tighter.

Saving for a third nest... Would make these events SO much easier! ;-)

Kennedward
09-13-16, 06:41 PM
For the 3rd event in a row I won't have enough for the final individual prize even with the double mask weekend!

Same here, I didn't count how many events, but I haven't gotten the final prize for quite a few events for awhile now

Kennedward
09-13-16, 06:44 PM
I'm at 2,242 and I should make it if I don't forget to check in. Wedding is in less than two weeks now so my priorities are elsewhere.

The only reason I have a chance at this event is because I saved up enough gold from tournaments and gifting to get a second nest. Sadly it seems this is the new normal.

Best of luck to everyone!

First of all, congrats on ur wedding

Second, I agree, it doesn't seem like most can get the final prize without spending gold, especially to those like me who have work and other things in real life to deal with that I can only play once the most a day, and sometimes I couldn't even play, so many hours were lost for me and the final prize seems very far away

Kennedward
09-13-16, 06:45 PM
1602 now, definitely wont get the last prize, ah well, won't be spending gold to get it

chersgardens
09-13-16, 07:46 PM
I just got ice age dragon now I'm stuck in ice land and can't travel back HELP!!!

jensterjen1
09-13-16, 08:13 PM
Might get the Venetian, but pretty sure I already have that. I must say that I was thrilled to get the Slumberland habitat though! I love when cool habitats are among the prizes!

Kennedward
09-13-16, 08:34 PM
Might get the Venetian, but pretty sure I already have that. I must say that I was thrilled to get the Slumberland habitat though! I love when cool habitats are among the prizes!

Agreed, I'm actually more excited for habitats than dragons nowadays lol

TwinkleTwiny
09-13-16, 11:51 PM

Definitely agree, I have so many dragons on my island that I cannot see them clearly anyway. Habitats are more catchy

sophiensissi
09-14-16, 12:31 AM
110 needed to get final dragon and will get 120 from 20 hour crops in a few hours. I love the dragon so very excited! Will still work on community prize, but wish I could gift some to those of you who are behind. Good luck everyone!

anaghasaki
09-14-16, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know which egg is this: 19 hrs

http://i68.tinypic.com/34ywu53.jpg

random59
09-14-16, 03:06 AM
Does anyone know which egg is this: 19 hrs

http://i68.tinypic.com/34ywu53.jpg

Sour Candy

anaghasaki
09-14-16, 05:49 AM
Sour Candy

Thanks.. Wanted to know before hatching, so that I can make room for it if I want to keep it.. The usual website I go to for egg info didn't have this listed..

amerirish
09-14-16, 06:13 AM
Thanks.. Wanted to know before hatching, so that I can make room for it if I want to keep it.. The usual website I go to for egg info didn't have this listed..

Do you recall the pairing you used for Sour Candy? I want one very badly :)

DeeDe99
09-14-16, 06:27 AM
Just shy of 2,600, so 150 per day for the two remaing days. Think I'm safe now.

Kennedward
09-14-16, 06:43 AM
1728 now

anaghasaki
09-14-16, 07:15 AM
Do you recall the pairing you used for Sour Candy? I want one very badly :)

These two:
http://i66.tinypic.com/24pyxpx.jpg

Sorry forgot their names.. and as they are in breeding again, can't check their names.. Both are ultra rare, nouveau is level 7 and the other is 4.. Wish I could give this sour candy to you.. He is going to be sold off straight from the nest.. Don't like him.. too vibrant for me..

anaghasaki
09-14-16, 07:21 AM
2626 right now.. With 20 hr crops harvesting in 2 hrs.. 1 hr before the timer goes to 2 days.. I have both of my temples working, but I think I will not collect from them.. 2626 + 140 = 2766.. which means I just need 134 for the final dragon with 2 days.. My bomb total now is 22, so if I collect from temples, I will miss some (already crafted sulfur) bombs.. With no bomb dragon, bombs sure are precious.. Besides I have 2 nests also to collect from..

amerirish
09-14-16, 07:26 AM
Thanks for posting the pic! I'll see if I can figure out who the little green guy is :D

DeeDe99
09-14-16, 07:40 AM
Thanks for posting the pic! I'll see if I can figure out who the little green guy is :D

Looks like a young Autumn to me.

amerirish
09-14-16, 07:59 AM
Looks like a young Autumn to me.

Go to the head of the class and collect your gold star!! You are dead right :D Thanks!

Sandybellee
09-14-16, 08:18 AM
Just shy of 2,600, so 150 per day for the two remaing days. Think I'm safe now.

I'm sure you'll make it! :) I'm only 25 masks away from Masquerade now - will make it tonight.

Florr06
09-14-16, 08:56 AM
2496 with just over 2 days to go, I should make it to the final dragon :D

jaymieb2
09-14-16, 09:03 AM
These two:
http://i66.tinypic.com/24pyxpx.jpg

Sorry forgot their names.. and as they are in breeding again, can't check their names.. Both are ultra rare, nouveau is level 7 and the other is 4.. Wish I could give this sour candy to you.. He is going to be sold off straight from the nest.. Don't like him.. too vibrant for me..

AAACCCKKK!!! :-( I have wanted Sour Candy to put on my Candy Island FOREVER!

cdreams1980
09-14-16, 09:25 AM
Sitting at 2658 currently. Should be able to harvest 2 rounds of 20 hour crops in the next 2 days so I should be fine. I did speed breed a little during the end of the leader board event because I wanted the habitat. Pretty sure that made the difference. I will be saving up for a 3rd nest to make it easier.

pernmagic
09-14-16, 09:35 AM
2586 and two days to go ..... Hope to get there ....

anaghasaki
09-14-16, 09:51 AM
AAACCCKKK!!! :-( I have wanted Sour Candy to put on my Candy Island FOREVER!

Seems I have got a popular dragon.. Too bad I don't like him.. As I said, he is going to be sold off straight.. After all, he is only a rare dragon.. Don't want to keep him.. But my hands sure are going to hesitate when selling, with you and amerirish longing for him..

PinkBubbles75
09-14-16, 10:26 AM
2,527 currently. I MAY make it if I'm diligent with collecting asap from harvesting, hatching, & evolving.

insomniadreams88
09-14-16, 10:56 AM
2827 now. I'll make it, but only because of those 2x days.

Sandybellee
09-14-16, 11:41 AM
And Masquerade is on the nest! :) Good luck reaching your goals, everyone!

DR0G0N
09-14-16, 11:45 AM
2353...547 masks to go, only 46 hours left and one of my nest is currently on hold since I happen to bred a fairytale dragon (habitat being built as we speak -_-; ). So with 1 nest, 7 farms, and 2 temples; my chance of getting the last dragon now looks pretty grim. -_-

amerirish
09-14-16, 12:03 PM
2,878 right now with 7 farms of 20 hour crops coming soon and three nests. I will still continue to collect just as hard after Masquerade even though I already have Dreamweaver so everyone else can get him :)

Exeroth
09-14-16, 05:04 PM
Only twenty masks from Masquerade, but I have to ask- do you guys think we'll even get the Dreamweaver at this rate? At the time of posting we need roughly 40.5mill masks. I remember when this happened with the Easter Dragon a couple of years back. Glad we all got him then :3

JMThrive
09-14-16, 06:03 PM
Only twenty masks from Masquerade, but I have to ask- do you guys think we'll even get the Dreamweaver at this rate? At the time of posting we need roughly 40.5mill masks. I remember when this happened with the Easter Dragon a couple of years back. Glad we all got him then :3

I predict that we will make it in the last hour :eek:

Kennedward
09-14-16, 06:23 PM
1886 right now, won't get the last prize as I expected, but I think we'll all get the last community prize as with all previous ones

jaymieb2
09-14-16, 11:08 PM
Question. . .

- There are 36 hours left in this event - which means it ends at noon my time.

- Reset on DT is 2am my time.

- I don't know what time double points ended, but I logged on at 11:45am my time to collect, and it had ended (thought I had until noon, according to the timer).

- No clue when tournaments end - either I win the dragon... or I don't. Guessing midnight my time, right?

How can I predict the end of an event? How do I know when to speed, and when to save my gold?

Thank you! :-)

FireballFarm
09-15-16, 01:24 AM
Question. . .

- There are 36 hours left in this event - which means it ends at noon my time.

- Reset on DT is 2am my time.

- I don't know what time double points ended, but I logged on at 11:45am my time to collect, and it had ended (thought I had until noon, according to the timer).

- No clue when tournaments end - either I win the dragon... or I don't. Guessing midnight my time, right?

How can I predict the end of an event? How do I know when to speed, and when to save my gold?

Thank you! :-)

I'd also love to know this. I think S8 goes by Pacific Time, and they seem to think 1 day consists of 22 hours, not 24. I've been trying to figure out how they time events, too, because events have ended unexpectedly or early on me many times. Usually it's short by 15 minutes, just like you said about the double points. Other times it's been a couple hours, especially on free boosted breeding.

I watch the countdown timers closely and have noticed time missing more than once- things like I close my game with 20 hours of an event left to go, but when I open my game an hour later there is only 16 hours 30 minutes left.

I'd love to see an official statement on how they time events.

raygill1
09-15-16, 01:53 AM
I'm on 2,437 at the moment, I have 20 hour dragon evolving, 2 on nests and one breeding, I've just planted 7 X 5 hr crops. I doubt that I'll make it, but fingers crossed! I bet I'm about 50 short lol

anaghasaki
09-15-16, 06:06 AM
2962.. With 28 more hrs, I can harvest 7 20 hrs, 7 5 hrs and 21 1 hr crops..plus from nests..

jaymieb2
09-15-16, 07:27 AM
Current total is 2687 with 27 hours to go. If I harvest on time, I should have no problems.
105 more from harvesting Diamondates three more times today
56 from harvesting leeks tomorrow
27 hour evolving
12 and 14 on the nests.

Should finish by 8-9am tomorrow, leaving time to hatch some Air dragons and plant Rushrooms, if necessary.

Spent 3 gold to place Gold dragon in the evolution chamber - only to have the Evo timer say 43 hours instead of the 40 I was expecting. Bummer! :-( Wasted gold! Wouldn't be ready to collect until after the event - unless I spent more gold.

Bastiaan0
09-15-16, 10:33 AM
No problem at all with two temples and 3 nests. I'm now on 3200-something, but still buying common eggs to help to get to Dreamwever.
I already have one, and I need this second one badly for it's large pink gem. I still need to craft Quartz but somehow pink gems are ultra rare on my island :confused::(

Florr06
09-15-16, 11:45 AM
Currently with little under 23 hours to go I've collected 2747 masks. Just planted 7 rounds of Scalypears and put a 20hr egg on the nest, on top of that I have a 12hr egg finishing in an hour and a 19hr evolution finishing in 14 hours.
All I have to do is log in between 3 hours to go and the finishing time and harvest, hatch etc. and Masquerade will be mine :) Spent roughly 30 gold during the event to speed things up, seems I could have done without it but it's alright.

pernmagic
09-15-16, 02:13 PM
I'm there ....egg in storage as my nests are full for now .....

DeeDe99
09-15-16, 05:19 PM
I'm sitting on 2,861 with 17 hours to go, so I'm definitely there. Five hour crops due in 3.5 hours, and evolution due in 4 hours will get me there.

Kennedward
09-15-16, 06:20 PM
1998, probably will barely pass 2000 by the end, but that's still a long way from the last prize, so I'm sure I won't get it

PinkBubbles75
09-15-16, 06:50 PM
I currently have 2,780 and I should make the 2900. I have 7 farms of scalypears to harvest in 11 hours (at 7-something in the morning for me) and 28 hour evolution that'll be done in 3 hours.

2780 + 28 = 2808
2808 + 140 = 2948

9krm
09-15-16, 09:32 PM
I have around 2000, but I got what I wanted - the habitat.

lenasdinner
09-15-16, 09:49 PM
2866 I will get this(stil need to harvest 140 points)! I started so hopeless with this....with only two nests and one temple ....... double masks helped a lot. Thanx S8 .

Kennedward
09-15-16, 10:10 PM
I have around 2000, but I got what I wanted - the habitat.

Same here, I like habitats more than dragons now lol