PDA

View Full Version : Community Event: Masquerade Ball Sept. 6th 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

starship412
09-15-16, 10:19 PM
I got 2808 with just over 12 hours to go. I got a 44 hr dragon breeding (due at 4am) 44 plus 4 Scalypears (due at 6:30am) 60. Should be there...

saghaven
09-15-16, 11:32 PM
Don't think I'll make it. Probably be a couple hundred short.

Kennedward
09-16-16, 12:08 AM
Don't think I'll make it. Probably be a couple hundred short.

Same here, but I won't worry about it because many more will be on the way

raygill1
09-16-16, 02:02 AM
I'm going to be about 50/100 short grrrr, I'm debating spending gold to hurry up the evolution temple...... Or shall I just wave this one away and carry on saving up for the second evolution temple, which would mean future events should be more achievable..... A case of forsaking one dragon for the possible future of many more! I can just imagine spending the gold only to win the same dragon in a few months on a wheel lol!

Update:- I won't be spending any gold, I'll be over 100 short, it's only taking me 10 days to realise that you don't get any mask for using the breeding den, no wonder my Daly calculations have been so wrong lol!

DR0G0N
09-16-16, 03:46 AM
Less than 7 hours to go...

Doing this plan under 5 minutes to use the least amount of gold and optimizing the last couple minutes:

Collect Gurdian Angel from temple > Collect Water from nest > Place Air in nest > SPEED Air (for 1 gold after an hour) > Collect 8 hour crops from all 7 farms > Collect Rinbow Sentinel from temple > SPEED Fluorescent (for 9 golds for the remaining time)

All this would get me the last dragon + 4 extra mask + stress

LOL (gotta do this after going to and from work ) XD

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

anaghasaki
09-16-16, 05:47 AM
Less than 7 hours to go...

Doing this plan under 5 minutes to use the least amount of gold and optimizing the last couple minutes:

Collect Gurdian Angel from temple > Collect Water from nest > Place Air in nest > SPEED Air (for 1 gold after an hour) > Collect 8 hour crops from all 7 farms > Collect Rinbow Sentinel from temple > SPEED Fluorescent (for 9 golds for the remaining time)

All this would get me the last dragon + 4 extra mask + stress

LOL (gotta do this after going to and from work ) XD

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!

All the best.. But be careful in the last 5 minutes.. Sometimes the actions don't get registered due to heavy load I guess.. Many players trying to do a bit of last minute things.. Happened to me in the last leaderboard.. I newly opened the game (cleared from background and reopened), hatched a dragon from nest just to go up one rank.. I only needed some 12 points to go from 10th place to 9th place.. Got those points, checked my place, it was 9th.. Happily closed the game.. When I went back for results, I was in 10th place with that egg still on nest!! Didn't matter much as the rewards were same for 9th and 10th rank, but still.. You never know what can happen when there are loads of players trying to do things at a time.. Best to spend gold a bit earlier.. So spend the gold as soon as your air egg timer becomes 59 minutes.. Same for Fluorescent, spend as soon as timer goes to 8.59.00.. You would spend the same amount of gold.. And make sure to close the game and reopen to check that these actions were registered on the server..

docpaine
09-16-16, 07:02 AM
Best of luck to everyone on the edge of getting the Masquerade dragon \o/ I'm a good 400-ish short of the goal, though honestly this is about the closest I've ever gotten to getting the last dragon xD (Honestly, if we'd had the collection/quests, I actually might've gotten it... ah well, this is one I wasn't too into at least ^^) Mostly I'm just hoping we all get the Dreamweaver, it's by far my favorite of the set...

ksbmommy
09-16-16, 07:09 AM
I'm not that much short to reach 1,450 (only 95) - I just returned to the game after a two year break, lol! I only started this week collecting masks but they piled up quickly - I think my son was playing the game for me because I had a ton of food available, lots of dragons needing to be healed, and an expansion in progress.......

I'm going to use gold to speed up the evolution on a 24 hour dragon (+24) when there is one hour left in the tourney. I have one 5 hour farm (+5), six hour farms on countdown (+16) so I'll speed breed my 13 hour dragon when there is two hours left in the goal, so I'll still be 37 short - will speed breed a couple more. Looks like my gold spent will be 55 or less for the Venetian Dragon. Not too bad - will take 25 days to recoup with my guaranteed gold gifting neighbors.

jaymieb2
09-16-16, 07:19 AM
I am at 2898 with three hours left. I have 5 Rushrooms planted, and two Olympus dragons (that I bought for coins) on my nests.

I wasted three gold to speed an evolution - and then plopped a Gold Dragon on before bed, not realizing that it took longer than I calculated to evolve. Not bad - three gold spent!

Only need two more, but not claiming victory until that egg is in storage! :-)

Florr06
09-16-16, 07:44 AM
Masquerade is on the nest ;)

Natasha_07
09-16-16, 07:50 AM
Got Masquerade this morning, I didn't calculate properly yesterday morning as I only needed 40 more to go so I planted Scalypears instead of 8 hours crops which was more than enough.

The community is currently at 192.5M with 2 hours 39 minutes...! :o

saghaven
09-16-16, 08:24 AM
Same here, but I won't worry about it because many more will be on the way
Yeah, I'm not too broken up about it. Not like I don't have a ton of other purple/yellow combos. LOL

JDanil07
09-16-16, 09:08 AM
2900 masks exactly, with just under an hour and a half left! I can rake in another few points before the deadline, with an Air egg ready to hatch and a 20-hour evolution about to finish, in case the community needs it.

temecee
09-16-16, 09:11 AM
2900 masks exactly, with just under an hour and a half left! I can rake in another few points before the deadline, with an Air egg ready to hatch and a 20-hour evolution about to finish, in case the community needs it.

Congrats! I will not get the last dragon but I also have a some stuff ready in case the community needs it

jaymieb2
09-16-16, 09:26 AM
Masquerade Dragon in storage, as of an hour ago... Looking forward to trading Knightmare! Large pink, large black, and an easy to get color. I still need to craft Onyx and Jade, so trading this duplicate will help get me there! Thank you S8!

*if only Lotus were tradeable!

nyrrem
09-16-16, 09:56 AM
Wont be getting the masquerade. 319 points away. Had I be keeping on with timings I may have done it. But i am not that into this game.

Seems like we will get the community prize (as alway😉).

temecee
09-16-16, 10:00 AM
The community is currently at 192.5M with 2 hours 39 minutes...! :o

194.6 with 30 minutes to go. If we get it it will be a close one.

anaghasaki
09-16-16, 10:23 AM
194.6 with 30 minutes to go. If we get it it will be a close one.

Got it!!! I don't think there has been an event where we didn't get the last community prize.. We always get it..

Bastiaan0
09-16-16, 10:25 AM
Masquerade Dragon in storage, as of an hour ago... Looking forward to trading Knightmare! Large pink, large black, and an easy to get color. I still need to craft Onyx and Jade, so trading this duplicate will help get me there! Thank you S8!

*if only Lotus were tradeable!

Unfortunately for you it's Dreamweaver, large pink, large white and small blue...
Mine is on the nest, got it about 7 minutes ago. It will be traded, still need one more large pink after that :)

temecee
09-16-16, 10:26 AM
Got it!!! I don't think there has been an event where we didn't get the last community prize.. We always get it..

YES!!! I almost stoped believing at some point. but then again, in my defence this is just my second community event so I might be a little.... anyway, thanks to the community!

birdlady68
09-16-16, 10:32 AM
SO NOT FAIR!!!!! TL ended it 4 minutes early, I was going back in to collect the last harvest and the event was GONE!!! I lost the opportunity to buy Masquerade, which I WAS going to do, I was only 114 masks short!!!! I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!

LemonGroveLane
09-16-16, 10:36 AM
I'm with you there...I was just short for getting Venetian, and was about to click to buy it when the option disappeared!!! Unfortunately, I had already (moments before) spent gold to speed up the two evolutions that were in progress...so now I have spent gold and have no Venetian! GRRRR!

mammami08
09-16-16, 10:46 AM
Why did you end the event 3 minutes early 😡😡😡😡

birdlady68
09-16-16, 10:48 AM
I'm with you there...I was just short for getting Venetian, and was about to click to buy it when the option disappeared!!! Unfortunately, I had already (moments before) spent gold to speed up the two evolutions that were in progress...so now I have spent gold and have no Venetian! GRRRR!

I'm out the gold I spent clearing the nests & speeding the temple...which I normally wouldn't have done.

DR0G0N
09-16-16, 11:08 AM
All the best.. But be careful in the last 5 minutes.. Sometimes the actions don't get registered due to heavy load I guess.. Many players trying to do a bit of last minute things.. Happened to me in the last leaderboard.. I newly opened the game (cleared from background and reopened), hatched a dragon from nest just to go up one rank.. I only needed some 12 points to go from 10th place to 9th place.. Got those points, checked my place, it was 9th.. Happily closed the game.. When I went back for results, I was in 10th place with that egg still on nest!! Didn't matter much as the rewards were same for 9th and 10th rank, but still.. You never know what can happen when there are loads of players trying to do things at a time.. Best to spend gold a bit earlier.. So spend the gold as soon as your air egg timer becomes 59 minutes.. Same for Fluorescent, spend as soon as timer goes to 8.59.00.. You would spend the same amount of gold.. And make sure to close the game and reopen to check that these actions were registered on the server..

Thanks for the heads up. I was also aware that there could be many BS happening in the last few minutes, but I was willing to make that gamble (since I didn't really care much for the last dragon, just thought it was a nice companion for my Phantom and Venetian dragons).

Anyways, I got the last dragon with 1 minute to spare, ended up with 2 extra masks since I didn't need the Air dragon also saved 1 gold. Total gold used to speed: give or take 40 (mainly sped the evolving time for my champion dragons since it's a better investment).

First world event that I've completed, hopefully I could do the same next time without spending any gold.

PinkBubbles75
09-16-16, 01:52 PM
I got masquerade this morning. No gold was spent. The double piece time period was extremely helpful. I'm glad I planted multiple rounds of rushrooms (1 hour plant time) to make up for the 4 hour time gap inbetween 20 hour scalypears. That made a big difference too. I'll probably be doing that now for future world events. I don't know why they would end this event minutes earlier than expected. That screwed alot people over it seemed like. It would be nice if they gave everyone effected the remaining individual prizes that they didn't get (or at least the one they were closest to getting)

Kennedward
09-16-16, 06:10 PM
Finished with 2088 points

Exeroth
09-16-16, 06:45 PM
Finished with something like 3300. I sped up like crazy in the last few hours (at least 30 gold,) and I'm very happy we could all win the Dream Weaver. I had to go to work at the very end, so you can imagine how excited I was to see that popup!!

My condolences to everyone whom was slighted as a result of S8 pulling the rug from under you. That was seriously not cool- on top of the fact that this was already one of the hardest community events to date. Not a good move there, S8. Not good at all... :/

DeeDe99
09-17-16, 06:03 AM
I'm a little disappointed the three dragons don't go on the habitat. I don't usually keep duplicates, but I do keep event dragons together. Wasn't until Masquerade hatched that I discovered the incompatibilty. Had I realised, I wouldn't have taken the habitat out of storage.

I like my event dragons to be together. :(

Florr06
09-17-16, 06:17 AM
I'm a little disappointed the three dragons don't go on the habitat. I don't usually keep duplicates, but I do keep event dragons together. Wasn't until Masquerade hatched that I discovered the incompatibilty. Had I realised, I wouldn't have taken the habitat out of storage.

I like my event dragons to be together. :(

I realized that when I hatched Masquerade as well :( was so excited to keep all 3 together in the beautiful habitat, oh well.
I must say baby stage Masquerade is a real cutie ;)