PDA

View Full Version : Making Food in the Kitchen

bbb567
08-31-16, 12:08 PM
Can anyone please tell me if there is any point in making food in the kitchen if it is not specifically being requested for a goal or an adventure?

Solientus
08-31-16, 12:37 PM
Can anyone please tell me if there is any point in making food in the kitchen if it is not specifically being requested for a goal or an adventure?
Short answer:
It's very handy, but not necessary.

Much longer answer:
*Some things have a long craft timer (like bread or hot sauce) so it's nice to have a few of everything on hand before a quest/event actually asks for it.*

If a quest pops tomorrow asking for 5 Simple feasts, starting from scratch, assuming only one kitchen (2 is the max) that's:

2 Grits, 2 bread, 8 Fish. x5
2 flour (30min each) plus raw mats makes 1 bread (2hours) = that's 3 hours per bread, 6 hours total for 2 bread
grits (30min each) x2 = 1hour
7 hours per feast x5 plus (1 hour craft time x5) = 40 hours to make 5 feasts
All of a sudden this one task has put you almost 2 days behind.

During timed events this is where things can hold you up. If you make a couple flour everyday and maybe a bread, then you'd only need 1 hour per feast if you have all the ingredients ready.

When events are running a lot of people don't like to "waste" energy too much on non-essentials, so in the off times between events, it can be handy to use some of your energy to craft a small batch of commonly used items like wood beams, glues, and kitchen items. You never know what's going to be needed.

Personally, I like to look ahead into the Story Outline Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821-Castle-Story-Story-Outline-Guide) in The Hub (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?356-Castle-Story-The-Hub) to check quest spoilers. If a quest is going to ask me for 5 Breaded Fish and 5 Super Glue in a coupe of steps, I get started making the ingredients in preparation. At the very least i'd start planting some wheat if I was low.

It's also a matter of play style. I think that's why this game is fun to play, you can decide what you want to work on. If you only do main storyline and want to take your time, go for it :)
To prep or not to prep. It's up to you!

@ Ash, much <3 :)
Just a stay at home mum to 4 cats...I'm on this forum a little too much that's all :P

ashley224
08-31-16, 01:25 PM
Solientus, you always give excellent detailed replies, I'm always impressed!

meme1098
08-31-16, 02:23 PM
I never left my kitchens idle during the earlier levels. I tried to keep as many things on hand as my farming would allow. Most of everything in my kitchen is maxed now except a few things I use for sweet feasts for the Desert Sands Adventure I do everyday. Always kept (& still do) the workshop, potion shop, & forge busy as well so anything & everything is on hand when needed.