PDA

View Full Version : Expansions in Castle story

comeseecomesah
08-30-16, 06:13 PM
What do you find is the fastest way to expand? Everyone has their own preference of how to get their trade tickets and I'm curious to know people's favourites.

ShibuyaCloth
08-31-16, 04:57 AM
You might have a look here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77377-Nugget-2-Expanding&p=1036540&viewfull=1#post1036540

comeseecomesah
08-31-16, 06:17 AM
You might have a look here: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77377-Nugget-2-Expanding&p=1036540&viewfull=1#post1036540

Thanks for that. Was just curious about people's preferences of how to get tickets.

meme1098
08-31-16, 10:44 AM
I am constantly doing the egg & dairy exchange. Once in awhile overnight I'll do the Trapper or Troll Hunter trade when all are at 99.

SpiritWind00
08-31-16, 11:46 PM
Milk and eggs all the way! Occasionally I'll do something else, but that's my regular trade. As to how to choose land, I like symmetry so I choose places to keep a rectangle intact as much as possible. I think I'll keep that last odd one square top screen till last! I've 2 more squares left I think....

comeseecomesah
09-01-16, 12:15 AM
I am constantly doing the egg & dairy exchange. Once in awhile overnight I'll do the Trapper or Troll Hunter trade when all are at 99.

Milk and eggs all the way! Occasionally I'll do something else, but that's my regular trade. As to how to choose land, I like symmetry so I choose places to keep a rectangle intact as much as possible. I think I'll keep that last odd one square top screen till last! I've 2 more squares left I think....

Yes I think eggs n milk trade are probably people's favourites. Now I have gold mines I've done a couple of the 10 hr gold trades (forgotten what they're called)overnight. I'm praying the drops don't change lol.
I hope more expansions comming soon because I have one place left which I'm keeping closed so I don't lose the permit trade. Guess...hope the recent sale of tickets is a clue to more space coming and hope there is alot. I think quite a few people would spend real money on expansions,buying tickets so maybe S W you could suggest that to the powers that be lol. I can understand lower levels feeling squished and paying because they need the room, whereas high level experienced players know what they are doing and put things into storage but I'm sure some would like to spread out and display stored stuff. Maybe more land could be available to lvl 50 players. It didn't take me long to use the last lot of spaces lol.

tonyjosiah
09-07-16, 08:31 AM
Expansions are the main thing I dream and think about daily! I'm so ready to pull EVERYTHING out of inventory and display it. They should make expansions like Dragon Story. TIP: Don't forget rainbow pots sometimes drop trade tickets and even EXPANSION PERMITS!

comeseecomesah
09-07-16, 02:11 PM
Expansions are the main thing I dream and think about daily! I'm so ready to pull EVERYTHING out of inventory and display it. They should make expansions like Dragon Story. TIP: Don't forget rainbow pots sometimes drop trade tickets and even EXPANSION PERMITS!

Lol I know the feeling. So much in storage and when looking in there for something I come across something else and think mmm hav'nt seen that in a while,and I put it out. After keep doing this I look at my kingdom and realize it's jam packed so I put things away and love the spacey look to it...then comes an event ahhhh so out comes the needed buildings and it's just a mess again haha. In my main kingdom I only have 1 space left which I'm keeping open so I can still get permits. It's so hard not to use that space lol. Wish higher lvls had extra space available, after all we've paid our dues lol.
Thanks for your tip on rainbow pots. I didn't realize they gave tickets and permits. Gona go have a look in my 2nd kingdom how many I have stashed away...in storage of course!

netwiz3
09-07-16, 03:03 PM
Lol I know the feeling. So much in storage and when looking in there for something I come across something else and think mmm hav'nt seen that in a while,and I put it out. After keep doing this I look at my kingdom and realize it's jam packed so I put things away and love the spacey look to it...then comes an event ahhhh so out comes the needed buildings and it's just a mess again haha. In my main kingdom I only have 1 space left which I'm keeping open so I can still get permits. It's so hard not to use that space lol. Wish higher lvls had extra space available, after all we've paid our dues lol.
Thanks for your tip on rainbow pots. I didn't realize they gave tickets and permits. Gona go have a look in my 2nd kingdom how many I have stashed away...in storage of course!
On the flip side. These expansions make it take forever to go visit neighbors because of the size required to load all the items they are displaying... I've had neighbors who were unable to visit because their device would often crash when making the rounds...

That's also one reason to pick low level community players when meeting the visit xx community kingdoms... Much faster. :)

comeseecomesah
09-07-16, 03:41 PM
On the flip side. These expansions make it take forever to go visit neighbors because of the size required to load all the items they are displaying... I've had neighbors who were unable to visit because their device would often crash when making the rounds...

That's also one reason to pick low level community players when meeting the visit xx community kingdoms... Much faster. :)

Oh really, I hav'nt come across that yet. Thought that only happened in dragon story,well and finding in ffs now too. Not a computer expert but wonder if it's all to do with coding 'stuff'. Does anyone actually know for sure what causes these problems and can it be fixed once and for all??

netwiz3
09-07-16, 05:23 PM
It's also based on having to download any items your device doesn't currently have cached... For instance, try uninstalling castle story on a device with a low level kingdom...(without a lot of the older buildings). Now reinstall and visit any level 50 kingdom or your own that has things like haunted mansion, love shack etc... The device will have to download every building it doesn't "know" or hasn't seen.

comeseecomesah
09-07-16, 07:14 PM
Sometimes it's the device itself which is having issues. Things like not having enough "buffer" memory to load all the images, tapping before fully loading and then jumping to another kingdom, or your device overheating.

Not saying there isn't a potential issue with servers or databases or coding...but a lot of the time I find I'm just trying to rush through too many kingdoms one after another.

It's also based on having to download any items your device doesn't currently have cached... For instance, try uninstalling castle story on a device with a low level kingdom...(without a lot of the older buildings). Now reinstall and visit any level 50 kingdom or your own that has things like haunted mansion, love shack etc... The device will have to download every building it doesn't "know" or hasn't seen.

Thanks for explanations. Wish it would all be ok for everyone. I want the land but don't want others or me to have problems that may come with it.

kooky panda
09-08-16, 10:00 AM
What do you find is the fastest way to expand? Everyone has their own preference of how to get their trade tickets and I'm curious to know people's favourites.

Thread has gotten a little off topic.
Here is a reminder of the current topic!

Thanks!

kimmysue123
09-23-16, 02:30 PM
How do you get a rainbow pot?

Solientus
09-23-16, 03:29 PM
How do you get a rainbow pot?
Originally they were related to an event and were craftable.
Now, however, they are only available through purchase, rarely in the Market, and more commonly as part of a "pack".
You can keep an eye out for them in the New Sales and Offers (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92208-New-sales-amp-special-offers-new-main-thread-for-sales-etc) thread.