PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Paradise Leaderboard Event- August 30 2016

Pages : [1] 2

random59
08-29-16, 02:36 PM
Additional Information ( KP)

Hula Island is now on sale for 250 gold!!!

Milestone Dragon: 2,100 points

Hammerhead Dragon
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Blue
Habitat: Blue Lagoon
Available at: Prize
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 20 hours
Exp Gained: 195 Exp

Milestone Dragon: 4,600 points

Firefly Dragon
Type: Yellow Red
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 4
Incubation: 12 hours
Exp Gained: 75 Exp

Milestone Dragon: 7,200 points

Aquamarine Dragon
Type: Blue Yellow Green
Habitat: Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau, Green Grove
Available at: Level 30
Incubation: 22 hours

Milestone Dragon: 8,250 points

Hula Dragon
Type: Tropic Pink Yellow
Habitat: Tropic Strand, Pink Prairie, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Incubation: 21 hours

Milestone Prize: 6,200 points

Sunlit Shore Habitat

Type: Habitat
Level: 17
Dragon Capacity: 3
Coin Capacity: 7,200 Coin
Cost: 200 Gold
Sells for: 5,200 Coin
Build Time: None
Exp Gained: 2,000 Exp

random59
08-29-16, 02:36 PM
What can I say other than too soon! Starts tomorrow.

....should be Paradise leaderboard

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33229&d=1472506808 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33229&d=1472506808)

random59
08-29-16, 02:44 PM
Kooky Panda, can you please correct the title of the post please to paradise. thanks.

Elsa took care of this! (KP)

Simdiva
08-29-16, 02:51 PM
I'm almost glad it's starting right away have tons of stuff in storage waiting to hatch and a 28 hour breeding hoping on now lol. I might put effort into this if I like the elements

AnglChk507
08-29-16, 02:55 PM
Nope nope nope I've not put gold into the last couple event I barely get the first 6 milestones and I'm perfectly happy with not coming in first this event is annoying

belarica
08-29-16, 03:05 PM
It starts tomorrow? Why are events overlapping now? Lame.

9krm
08-29-16, 03:25 PM
I don't like the look of the dragons, so I will pass unless there are cool milestones.

byteme77
08-29-16, 03:35 PM
All I can say is the dynamite mine better reopen Tommorow only just managed to feed glass dragon to 13 been planting like crazy all day thanks to not being able mine for food pfft so I won't be taken part due to no food for starters

savage_mel
08-29-16, 03:56 PM
as much as i dislike leaderboards, I'm looking forward to this starting tomorrow. after the blood, sweat and tears put into the tales I could use a break with an event I care nothing about

cherrycastleorchard
08-29-16, 04:12 PM
What time is that in Australia? Please

heather11778
08-29-16, 04:26 PM
These events suck. I never get passed the 3rd milestone. I'm not rich I can't afford to buy gold. This really isn't fun anymore. I have 6 kids to care for. I play this to relax. We'll that's impossible because you don't get breaks to breathe.

Jennerwein1
08-29-16, 04:34 PM
All I can say is the dynamite mine better reopen Tommorow only just managed to feed glass dragon to 13 been planting like crazy all day thanks to not being able mine for food pfft so I won't be taken part due to no food for starters
Same here! And I don't like the dragon. Maybe the milestones will be worth trying for.

byteme77
08-29-16, 05:29 PM
I hope the ugly genie like dragon is the loserboard prize and the cute one is the milestone prize

If so I may try otherwise not to bothered about this one I want to get my food back up seeing as my dynamite mine closed nows and I want to get my night to 15 to try for a prime dragon still

fhjigfrf
08-29-16, 05:42 PM
I might try for this one. I like the dragon with flowers on it. After sitting out the last two leaderboards, I should be in an "easy" group.

EvieandIzzie
08-29-16, 06:39 PM
I am looking forward to this. Why? Because I know I will not be competitive at all I will not complete the milestones but this gives me the chance to spin the wheel and build up my stocks of apples for the next Tales.

comeseecomesah
08-29-16, 06:49 PM
Lol great way to look at it!! Wish for food and maps

Clark_Wayne
08-29-16, 07:05 PM
don't like the dragons (probably among the ugliest they created :D) but will see what will be the milestones prizes ;)

Xyn25
08-29-16, 09:16 PM
Dragons look kind of meh honestly. Will play as normal to get some of the milestones (not all of them of course, Android player here). Glad I finished the tales already so they don't overlap.

dragonsrsly
08-29-16, 09:36 PM
Ditto. What meh dragons. And then placing 1st or 2nd is so not worth all the gold I'd have to spend to get there. I will just under-achieve and get whatever milestones I can, que sera sera. Funny thing is, this is my 4th Leaderboard. I came in 2nd for the first event, because the software must have underestimated me and grouped me in with less active players. But I think for the past three events I placed 13th, 9th, and most recently 15th (out of 20). There are so many reasons I would love to see the algorithm that the game uses, not just for the Leaderboard, but for every Event, Tales, Spin, breeding, etc. As trite as it sounds, it just always feels like the game is against me.

Simdiva
08-29-16, 10:27 PM
This event actually is relaxing especially if you don't compete and I have always made all my goals without gold. I fail to see the problem that others have with it. It's up to you to compete on it if you wish.

amalsaba
08-29-16, 11:12 PM

I think they start at 4 am? When we're still sleeping so it'll only be a few hours when we wake up!

comeseecomesah
08-29-16, 11:21 PM
Ios has Artic isles to also breed but Androids hav'nt so that's alot of points difference. Some people go out to work all day and can't collect as many points but hey thats the way it goes. At least there are prizes on the way even tho some are not new dragons.

amalsaba
08-29-16, 11:22 PM
Once again Flatfoot! Thank you for being thoughtful and including for yet another community ,the islanders (close to home in OZ).

temecee
08-29-16, 11:24 PM
I was hoping to take a break from breeding for a while and evolove my current dragons a little bit but..... I guess this is not that time :)

I'll try for a couple of dragons that I don't have yet and trade all the doubles that I will probably get and will see what happens.

This is my 3rd learderboard and if I remember correctly I got some of the smaller prizes and the second place (the people on my list where not really into the competition - probably due to the low level and all, I was at 35 or something last time) but I expect it to be way harder this time (at level 57).

Tia218
08-29-16, 11:44 PM
I've won one and come second once... And my daughter is way ahead on her Fantasy forest one.... BUT... I hate them too!! My daughter is way ahead on hers, by 25%+, with less points than mine ... And I am in place 12! Grrrrr

I've been up against winners who came close to 20k points too, plenty of gold about on their islands with almost all gold funded habitats. Knew it was a waste after 2nd day. Not worth adding more gold just to get back less resources back than I put in.
I haven't seen anyone comment about loving them yet either.

random59
08-29-16, 11:49 PM

3.30am Australian Eastern Standard Time, while we are sleeping and it will finish 3.30am as well!

Dragosle
08-30-16, 12:00 AM
Oh look, it's another Leaderboard Event and still no word of an update for Android!

Well, thank you S8. I'll take my sweet time not participating this unfair event.

This event actually is relaxing especially if you don't compete and I have always made all my goals without gold. I fail to see the problem that others have with it. It's up to you to compete on it if you wish.

That's true, but not just for this event actually :p And the problem is what I said above.

FieldsLikeB
08-30-16, 02:38 AM
Zero interest in either of these dragons but will participate in Niles IF I can use the dragons. I'm sorry to sound critical but I would not breed for these dragon on a limited breed so best I will do is step up the competition a bit if I like the milestones.

cherrycastleorchard
08-30-16, 03:10 AM
3.30am Australian Eastern Standard Time, while we are sleeping and it will finish 3.30am as well!

Thank you, that really sux we will be behind from the start again in OZ. wouldn't it be nice if they started when the others are asleep for once.

Xyn25
08-30-16, 08:05 AM

Indeed. But sadly, I can't make the milestones without gold because as an Android player I don't have the Arctic Isles or the second Evolution Temple. So even if I'm not competing I am at a disadvantage regarding the rest of the event.

dragonv15
08-30-16, 09:08 AM
I personally like the leaderboards. Have been in top 3 in all i have partecipated (5) and i have only one nest, one evolution temple... Also i kinda expected it, all buldings are "armed". With a little coordination and calculation and a few gold (7) in 2 or 3 days anyone can win.

I was wondering why there two dragons in the notifications, if i recall correctly only the main prize is in picture, probably im wrong. Any idea what type they couldbe?

LietuvosRespublika
08-30-16, 10:08 AM
I was wondering why there two dragons in the notifications, if i recall correctly only the main prize is in picture, probably im wrong. Any idea what type they couldbe?
The second dragon is the last milestones' prize , I think ...

Xyn25
08-30-16, 10:09 AM
I personally like the leaderboards. Have been in top 3 in all i have partecipated (5) and i have only one nest, one evolution temple... Also i kinda expected it, all buldings are "armed". With a little coordination and calculation and a few gold (7) in 2 or 3 days anyone can win.

The second one is probably the last milestone. I believe the last two leaderboards had a completely new dragon as the last milestone prize.

dragonv15
08-30-16, 10:28 AM
The second dragon is the last milestones' prize , I think ...

The second one is probably the last milestone. I believe the last two leaderboards had a completely new dragon as the last milestone prize.

You are probably right, just hoping they will both type dragons different than colour dragons.. 2 minutes to go!

lisabandit2
08-30-16, 10:43 AM
12 minutes in...leader boosting with over 900 points....good thing this is a FAIR event for android users.

temecee
08-30-16, 10:44 AM
I got maps (5 think) on 50 points. and 60 leaderboard point on the first spin of the wheel. I think that this is sounding pretty decent until now. especially since we get points for feeding. Not that I have food reserves or anything (i had a bunch of food and used if earlier in the day to level up some dragons :(

saghaven
08-30-16, 10:46 AM
The first two milestone dragons I already have. I might be able to get to the third but I somehow doubt it with all the points needed. And I'm definitely not stressing about trying to win this event (I never do). So I'll just focus on trying to get as much food as possible for future Tales.

But wow, what combos. Hula (last milestone dragon) is Tropic/Pink/Yellow and Islander (grand prize dragon) is Royal/Tropic/Blue.

amerirish
08-30-16, 10:59 AM
Milestone Dragon: 2,100 points

Hammerhead Dragon
Type: Blue
Habitat: Blue Lagoon
Available at: Prize
Incubation: 20 hours

Milestone Dragon: 4,600 points

Firefly Dragon
Type: Yellow Red
Habitat: Yellow Plateau, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 4
Incubation: 12 hours

Milestone Dragon: 7,200 points

Aquamarine Dragon
Type: Blue Yellow Green
Habitat: Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau, Green Grove
Available at: Level 30
Incubation: 22 hours

Milestone Dragon: 8,250 points

Hula Dragon
Type: Tropic Pink Yellow
Habitat: Tropic Strand, Pink Prairie, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Incubation: 21 hours

amerirish
08-30-16, 11:01 AM
Milestone Prize: 6,200 points

Sunlit Shore Habitat

Type: Habitat
Level: 17
Dragon Capacity: 3
Coin Capacity: 7,200 Coin
Cost: 200 Gold
Sells for: 5,200 Coin
Build Time: None
Exp Gained: 2,000 Exp

Nikkook
08-30-16, 11:04 AM
I don't have the leaderboard but I have a 6 day tournament. Anyone else the same?

kooky panda
08-30-16, 11:10 AM
I don't have the leaderboard but I have a 6 day tournament. Anyone else the same?
Try force closing out your game.

cocoalk
08-30-16, 11:14 AM
Why is Hula Island so expensive (500 golds)? Usually the New habitats are in sale and cost 250 golds ��

temecee
08-30-16, 11:15 AM

I have the tournament but I also have the leaderboard. As it was already suggested try closing the game. and also see if in the right side of your screen you can scroll up. The event might be hiding in there :)

Scarletfyr
08-30-16, 11:21 AM
Try force closing out your game.

Tried force closing still no leaderboard. I have tourney, whew thought my phone was going bad.

temecee
08-30-16, 11:28 AM
One hour in the leader has 223 point which seems normal enough for somebody that was well prepared. I can still hope for the best.

Nikkook
08-30-16, 11:30 AM
Tried force closing still no leaderboard. I have tourney, whew hthought my phone was going bad.

Same here. There's no scrolling, I have forced shut. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no leaderboard.

nyrrem
08-30-16, 11:32 AM
First spin... palm trees

luckyaa7
08-30-16, 11:32 AM
First spin... palm trees

Same here. So it begins again...

temecee
08-30-16, 11:33 AM
First spin... palm trees

All of the sudden I love my maps :)

RhodryMaelwaedd
08-30-16, 11:35 AM
Have you tried closing and restarting the device itself? Worked for my iPad.

random59
08-30-16, 11:36 AM
Currently have 3 boosting, me 7th equal with 0 points, yay me! Been too lazy to do anything except battle and plant food.

For those who are breeding in the Arctic isles, if you do get rare or super rare dragons. Take photos as they can vanish in these types of events.

delimiah
08-30-16, 11:40 AM
If i remembered correctly, the habitat prize was about 3000 points for the earlier events and now it's at 6200! In all the previous leaderboard events, I've not reached that amount so I guess I won't be actively participating. Now I can just concentrate on planting as the last Tales depleted almost all my apples!

Nikkook
08-30-16, 11:44 AM
Have you tried closing and restarting the device itself? Worked for my iPad.
Yes

dragonv15
08-30-16, 11:51 AM
Im "temporary" 2nd with 978 points, end the problem is not the 1st who have 8400+ with the last milestone already in nest, but the 3rd and 4th which have 2 temple (i have 1) and 3 nest (i have 1) and double boosting.. :)

Nikkook
08-30-16, 11:54 AM
Nothing working to get the leaderboard started. I wasn't planning on trying to win but a few milestones while breeding and feeding would have been nice. :-(

athenageez
08-30-16, 11:58 AM
Since there is a habitat, I will work towards that :) I'll just hatch stuff in storage and keep evolving as usual.

But not competing with anyone for anything. As if I could anyway - four people are already boosting and the top person is at 1300.

MajicHearts
08-30-16, 11:59 AM
First spin... palm trees

Me too. Oh boy........

amerirish
08-30-16, 12:00 PM
Why is Hula Island so expensive (500 golds)? Usually the New habitats are in sale and cost 250 golds ��

Totally agree; I was really shocked & disappointed when I saw the price. I always buy the new habitats for 250 gold, but not going for this one :(

insomniadreams88
08-30-16, 12:04 PM
Kinda glad I don't like the grand prize since I'm currently in 2nd with 467 points and 1st already has 1067. I do like that there's a habitat for a prize and I don't have Firefly yet, plus I really like the final milestone dragon, so I'm just going to work towards that (so 820 points a day, which is going to be difficult as is).

1st spin: coins, 1st chest: food.

jaymieb2
08-30-16, 12:08 PM
No one has mentioned this yet...

In the splash screen, it say "earn points by playing" and shows breeding, hatching, feeding, and battling. But it does not list battling as a way to earn points, nor did I receive points for winning my first battle.

Uhm... I need all the points I can get to try and make the final milestone. So... points for battles? Yes? :-)

glenngenius
08-30-16, 12:10 PM
I don't have all the milestone dragons (except Hammerhead) so I think that's enough reason for me to play this leaderboard. And I must admit, the combos of grand prize and final milestone are really nice. At least TL is releasing new dragons with different type combos (and not just color ones). Currently in 6th place with 200+ points. :)

Nikkook
08-30-16, 12:11 PM
Have realised I need to be in a newer version of the game to play leaderboard. Only Halloween allows me to place habitats so I guess no new habitat until event is over. Prepare for glitches!

BeSweet247
08-30-16, 12:22 PM
Woohoo! Another event that TL/S8 can say, "Forget you, Android players!"
Still no 2nd evo chamber, Still no Arctic Islands, Event still impossibly lopsided & it is clear that this company is going right back to where it was a few years ago. Maybe they will even out the field for all of their customers again in a few years.
Congrats to the iOS players that are pitted against the most 'droiders.
Nice Job Storm8.

Clark_Wayne
08-30-16, 12:28 PM
omg ! they are already boosting in my group LOL

nyrrem
08-30-16, 12:32 PM
Top player in my group is a gold spender and has Arctic Isle (they may be on Android and are aformer ios player like me but though) so no chance on this one.

Plus i am never going to get 8.5k points. It is unfair to Android AGAIN!

I only have the firefly dragon and hopefully will get to the habitat.

Good luck.

kooky panda
08-30-16, 12:39 PM

I am going to check on this!

Jennerwein1
08-30-16, 12:45 PM
Already have Hammerhead and Island. Will focus on food production, since I got pretty much cleaned with last event. Nice to have a break.

shooshemc
08-30-16, 12:48 PM
I do not even attempt these events. This started 2 hours ago and my group leader already has over 6,000 points. I had some dragons that I finished evolving, bred one and put 2 on the nests, fed dragons and so forth and I now have 283 points. I have only had 1 of these events where the players were fairly equal, so, in my humble opinion, the handwriting is on the wall. I will earn my dragons without *****ing.

jbyn4e
08-30-16, 12:54 PM
I want my competitors to boost as much they can :) that's only way I will get many points on spin to win - if it is big difference between me and them, spin to win gives higher points (e.g. wooden chest gives 25 when close with pointsd, and up to 150 when they have much more points then me). Sadly for me, no one boosts yet, first is at 320 points and I'm sitting on 81 ...

kimandamelia
08-30-16, 12:55 PM
Why are Android and IOS in the same groups? I thought this was not supposed to happen?

luckyaa7
08-30-16, 01:02 PM
I don't have milestone dragons so I am going to try for them. But 8250 in 10 days?? I have three nests and two evolution but the math is not on my side... Oh well.... I guess I will just do what I always do and nothing special...

roguebee
08-30-16, 01:13 PM
Off to a blazing start... 2 palm trees and nothing ready to collect.

dragonv15
08-30-16, 01:18 PM
I don't have milestone dragons so I am going to try for them. But 8250 in 10 days?? I have three nests and two evolution but the math is not on my side... Oh well.... I guess I will just do what I always do and nothing special...

2 temples and 3 nest (!!) and the math is not on your side?!

luckyaa7
08-30-16, 01:24 PM

Assuming all of them runs 24 hours 3 points each plus breeding den is only 24*3*6= 432. Of course I am not assuming any points from spin or chest. My first spin was palm tree. Maybe my calculation is wrong which I hope it is.. Lol

9krm
08-30-16, 01:27 PM
People boosting already tho :rolleyes:

dragonv15
08-30-16, 01:29 PM
Im "temporary" 2nd with 978 points, end the problem is not the 1st who have 8400+ with the last milestone already in nest, but the 3rd and 4th which have 2 temple (i have 1) and 3 nest (i have 1) and double boosting.. :)

Remember when i was on 978 and 2nd .. Now i am still on 978 but 4rth, the 2nd now has 8500 points.. And now there are two players that already have the last milestone, less than 3 hrs from the start :)

I am level 130 and these guys are 190-200 is this normal? Can someone from TL check on this. I have read before that the group are random but with a kind of similarity on level (consequently on capabilities such gold dragons ir multiple nest/temples) not such a huge gap..

luckyaa7
08-30-16, 01:31 PM
Remember when i was on 978 and 2nd .. Now i am still on 978 but 4rth, the 2nd now has 8500 points.. And now there are two players that already have the last milestone, less than 3 hrs from the start :)

I am level 130 and these guys are 190-200 is this normal? Can someone from TL check on this. I have read before that the group are random but with a kind of similarity on level (consequently on capabilities such gold dragons ir multiple nest/temples) not such a huge gap..

Wow I thought my leader with over 2k was a lot... I am at 7th with 400 something

belarica
08-30-16, 01:42 PM

LOL!!!!! That's soooooooo stupid to boost like that.

kooky panda
08-30-16, 01:49 PM
Great news!!!! The habitat is now on sale for 250 Gold! :)

Sandybellee
08-30-16, 01:55 PM
I'm not expecting to have any chance of getting the grand prize because I finished second last time.
But I'm excited about the milestones! I only have Firefly so I'll gladly get any of the other dragons that I can and also have the habitat but certainly wouldn't mind a second one! Good luck, everyone!

dragonv15
08-30-16, 02:42 PM

Seriously, can someone explain the logic behing the group creation? I have checked my top 10 players: 6 are level 200, 2 are level 192-193 , 1 is level 173, and the remaining is me level 130 !!

FireballFarm
08-30-16, 02:44 PM
I think the main point here is even with 2 evolution temples and 3 nests it can still be hard to get 8250 points without using gold. Players with fewer nests and only one evolution chamber- which is likely the majority of players- won't be able to reach the last milestone, at all, without spending money. And this is doubly true for Android players since they don't have the Arctic.

08-30-16, 02:59 PM
Four players in top five already boosting2x, I am at third place at this moment,haven't boost. I am happy to be in this competitive group, I don't have to try so hard to catch them because I will never catch them, I just try my best to reach the final milestone if I can, will spend minimal amount of gold if I have a chance to get there.

nyrrem
08-30-16, 03:14 PM
Why are Android and IOS in the same groups? I thought this was not supposed to happen?

They might not be ios anymore. I had an ipad which i used to play on. I don't anymore and only have a android so can't access my Arctic Isle even though it appears when visiting my island. They also might use two devices and have started the event on the andriod and so be in an android group. Or it is just random.

Clark_Wayne
08-30-16, 03:49 PM
Assuming all of them runs 24 hours 3 points each plus breeding den is only 24*3*6= 432. Of course I am not assuming any points from spin or chest. My first spin was palm tree. Maybe my calculation is wrong which I hope it is.. Lol

you know you got points when you feed the Dragons ?

but i'm going rather spare my food for the next tales (375000 for the last one so i need to refund my food stock LOL )

Kurimukun
08-30-16, 03:50 PM
Meh, the only dragons from this event I like are the Hula and Islander, but I'm in a group of crazy going people...and last time I juuust did not get to the second dragon of the milestones, so no chance to get any of the dragons I like...I will not even try anymore in this event...=/

Well...at least eventually some time to take a break and just play the way I want to =)
Maybe I'm lucky and the 2 beauties will some day return...that would be great...
(I'll be waiting for you <3)

luckyaa7
08-30-16, 03:50 PM
you know you got points when you feed the Dragons ?

but i'm going rather spare my food for the next tales (375000 for the last one so i need to refund my food stock LOL )

Yeah I know. But I like to have some stock pile of food lol. I am going to feed some but not too much..

Xyn25
08-30-16, 04:01 PM

What?! The event has barely started! They must have spent a ton of gold...

cocoalk
08-30-16, 04:18 PM
Thanks so much. I'll buy it. It is a beautiful habitat

amalsaba
08-30-16, 04:24 PM
Ok. So the leader of my group has 4 gold trophies and 1 silver trophy(obviously won all the previous leaderboard events) proudly displayed on their island.... should I even bother?

puppyzt
08-30-16, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know what are the surprise gifts at milestone?
I already get the first one, which were food. But the 500 prize? What could be?

june_ft
08-30-16, 05:09 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question... Does hatching on Arctic Isles count? And if so, how? Like I leave the egg in the nest for hours before warming it up to hatch it?

belarica
08-30-16, 05:26 PM

Mine was 8000 coins

belarica
08-30-16, 05:27 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question... Does hatching on Arctic Isles count? And if so, how? Like I leave the egg in the nest for hours before warming it up to hatch it?

Yes it counts and no, hatch it as soon as you can.

belarica
08-30-16, 05:28 PM
What?! The event has barely started! They must have spent a ton of gold...

It might've been cheaper for them to buy the dragon for 3000 gold :rolleyes:

19sparkles96
08-30-16, 05:42 PM

The gifts vary randomly, from coins, maps, food, gold, LB points, and decorations.

19sparkles96
08-30-16, 05:45 PM

Hatching,breeding,evolving,AND feeding count on the Arctic Isles for this Leaderboard.

kobidragon4
08-30-16, 05:50 PM
Off to a blazing start... 2 palm trees and nothing ready to collect.

I got thos f.......... Palm trees too, Big Deal!!!!

Dragosle
08-30-16, 07:21 PM
Why are Android and iOS in the same groups? I thought this was not supposed to happen?

If you've read Elsa reply (in a different thread) before, you'll know that it's possible. And which is why I said this event is totally unfair for Android players.

And wow, more than 8000 points for the last milestone! The last event were only about 6500 and I already struggled and had to spend ridiculously trying to get the last milestones. And I'm definitely not gonna do that again!

"Good job", S8!

byteme77
08-30-16, 07:57 PM
Seems all the goals are getting higher each time on all events , only a matter of time before lots of us call it a day and move on at this rate

vicious1138
08-30-16, 07:58 PM
Four players in top five already boosting2x, I am at third place at this moment,haven't boost. I am happy to be in this competitive group, I don't have to try so hard to catch them because I will never catch them, I just try my best to reach the final milestone if I can, will spend minimal amount of gold if I have a chance to get there.

Three hours into it the top person on my board had 5600 points already. How is this possible? Guess I won't even try this time. There is no way any of us will catch them.

DeeDe99
08-30-16, 08:09 PM
Three hours into this event the top person had 5600 points already. How is that even possible? I guess the rest of us can quit now.

The leader in my group is already over 5,000 too. I don't compete in these, but I usually buy the habitat. I quite like the habitat.

glenngenius
08-30-16, 08:12 PM
I have a question. Are android and iOS players combined in this leaderboard event? Probably the answer is a yes, since some of the members in my group have arctic isles (which android doesn't have). Now if this is really the case, then I see no point in trying to get the grand prize anymore. How sad. :(

DeeDe99
08-30-16, 08:18 PM
I have a question. Are android and iOS players combined in this leaderboard event? Probably the answer is a yes, since some of the members in my group have arctic isles (which android doesn't have). Now if this is really the case, then I see no point in trying to get the grand prize anymore. How sad. :(

It is worth noting that a lot of the iOS players have actually finished the Arctic Isles and therefore it is actually not really an advantage any more for them. Yes we can still breed there, but no evolving as there is nowhere for us to put hatched dragons - they have to be sold off the nest. So still an advantage, but not perhaps as much as perceived. An Android player with four nests, two breeding roosts and two evolution temples is going to have a better advantage that an iOS player with (say) two nests, one roost and the Arctic Isles completed. I guess I'm saying it isn't necessarily directly comparable as there are so many possible combinations and variations.

glenngenius
08-30-16, 08:32 PM
It is worth noting that a lot of the iOS players have actually finished the Arctic Isles and therefore it is actually not really an advantage any more for them. Yes we can still breed there, but no evolving as there is nowhere for us to put hatched dragons - they have to be sold off the nest. So still an advantage, but not perhaps as much as perceived. An Android player with four nests, two breeding roosts and two evolution temples is going to have a better advantage that an iOS player with (say) two nests, one roost and the Arctic Isles completed. I guess I'm saying it isn't necessarily directly comparable as there are so many possible combinations and variations.

Hi, Deedee! Actually, all of your points are correct. :) However, I was just wondering why TL mixed up the android and iOS users in the same group (again) wherein they already announced before that they will separate the groupings based on the users' platform. I know there are users who tend jumping from one platform to another, but I think that's not always the case.

iSunglow
08-30-16, 08:36 PM
Do players only show up after they log in? I ask because my leaderboards group is showing only two other people besides myself. Could it just be a glitch? My leaderboards didn't show up until a few minutes after I logged in. Sorry if this has been answered before; I don't frequent the forums.

FireballFarm
08-30-16, 08:38 PM

I disagree. I'm on iOS and the majority of my LB points come from the Arctic. It's 400+ points per day, for free, if you do it right. It is a huge advantage when you are grouped with players who aren't dumping cash into the game and who have the same # of nests as you do. I've never been in a group with anyone who has 4 nests, usually everyone has 1 or 2, a few might have 3.

It may not effect the highest level players much (who are more likely to have bought all the extras and spend a lot of money on the game), but down here at level 115 with average players, having Arctic can make a vey big difference. I've won 3 LB events simply because I was using the Arctic while others in my grouping were not (or were Android players- S8 really needs to do something to get the groupings properly separated once and for all).

Kennedward
08-30-16, 09:07 PM
Like all previous ones, I'll not be participating, and will only be watching to see how high the points others get in my group

So far, my group's #1 has 1800 with everyone else only a few hundreds, 2nd place doesn't even come close to him with only 400, and I'm at the bottom as always with 118 right now

belarica
08-30-16, 09:41 PM
Do players only show up after they log in? I ask because my leaderboards group is showing only two other people besides myself. Could it just be a glitch? My leaderboards didn't show up until a few minutes after I logged in. Sorry if this has been answered before; I don't frequent the forums.

They don't show up until they log in

Nikkook
08-30-16, 10:53 PM

An android player can't have 2 evolution temples, and I have never seen any with 4 nests! Still seems monumentally unfair to me..

temecee
08-30-16, 11:14 PM
It's ridiculous what's happening. If people have the last milestone in 3 hours they don't know the meaning of playing. Which is pretty sad.

On other news, i got trees from the wheel the second time so.... no luck for me.

AnglChk507
08-31-16, 12:44 AM
Only dragon I want is firefly.... I have a goal.... Won't use any gold for it though unless I'm super close to the milestone by the ending

hungryres
08-31-16, 02:02 AM
they removed battling for pts.... that is one less item/ way that i can "control". (spinning the wheel does not count in my book, have too many useless item from the wheel)

Hmmm... wondering if i should try to keep my nest full with egg brought with coins. the milestone dragons isn't that appealing neither.

pernmagic
08-31-16, 02:20 AM
Like all previous ones, I'll not be participating, and will only be watching to see how high the points others get in my group

So far, my group's #1 has 1800 with everyone else only a few hundreds, 2nd place doesn't even come close to him with only 400, and I'm at the bottom as always with 118 right now
Same as me , the habitat would be useful but not bothered by any thing else ..... Ironical thing is I'm in second place just for now only due to breeding a moon dragon while trying for Darksteel yuck and evolving Glasswing but I'll drop to the bottom pretty soon ..... Did just get food which helps though :)

cherrycastleorchard
08-31-16, 03:16 AM
How does a person get over 6600 already with one nest and one evolution temple? Something fishy, is it true that storm put fake players at the top so that people have to spend to catch them?

cherrycastleorchard
08-31-16, 03:22 AM

Milestones forme so far have been useless coins, what a stupid prize.

Sandybellee
08-31-16, 03:29 AM
How does a person get over 6600 already with one nest and one evolution temple? Something fishy, is it true that storm put fake players at the top so that people have to spend to catch them?

Maybe they have fed their dragons millions of apples...

dragonfliesplace
08-31-16, 04:15 AM
At the 500 i got 5000 food

ozigal
08-31-16, 04:45 AM
An android player can't have 2 evolution temples, and I have never seen any with 4 nests! Still seems monumentally unfair to me..
I have just read on the forum pages that the 2nd evolution temple is now available for androids.

Kennedward
08-31-16, 06:11 AM
Same as me , the habitat would be useful but not bothered by any thing else ..... Ironical thing is I'm in second place just for now only due to breeding a moon dragon while trying for Darksteel yuck and evolving Glasswing but I'll drop to the bottom pretty soon ..... Did just get food which helps though :)

That's great though, I never reached top 3 because I don't play much, and I also refuse to participate in leaderboards

But it's always fun to see how high some of the points get

TwinkleTwiny
08-31-16, 06:32 AM
I have just read on the forum pages that the 2nd evolution temple is now available for androids.

On page 2 of this thread? I am on android and I cannot have a second evolution temple, you are giving me hope! Are you on android ?

Edit: I just saw the new thread ! Yeeeahh finally a 2nd evolution temple !

Kennedward
08-31-16, 08:41 AM
Just checked again, now the points are roughly:

1. 2000
2. 900
3 to 8. 600
9 to 15. 400
16 to 20. within 100 to 200

Crazy how 1 keeps on boosting, and 2 also boosted to try to catch up to 1. The rest would be playing normally I'd say, don't see any huge increase in points since i last checked, and I'm still at the bottom with 168 points

belarica
08-31-16, 10:42 AM
I'm in first (for once) with 1459 points, I haven't used any gold. I think I'm finally in a decent, fair group since no one has boosted yet.

Jennerwein1
08-31-16, 01:50 PM
I only want firefly and maybe aquamarine. Already have hammerhead and the habitat. I am right now in fourth place, just playing normally. I am sure that won't last. I am just trying to stock up on food again, the tales cleaned me out. So this will be relaxing and productive. And frugal to boot :)

Kennedward
08-31-16, 07:56 PM
1. 2300
2 to 5. 1300
6 to 13. 900
14 to 18. 600
19 & 20. 400

It seems 1 didnt boost for a whole day after, either that or he's is a completely different timezone so he was actually sleeping and wasn't playing.

Either way, he is still leading by roughly 1000 despite seeing several other players boosting

I've moved up a few spots, now at 16, but that's still the bottom of the group

PinkBubbles75
08-31-16, 08:06 PM
I'm currently in 10th place with 1044 points. Those before me are all kind close together in terms of points which I think is nice. I hope to get the hula dragon, the aquamarine dragon, and the habitat. I have firefly in storage and don't care for hammerhead. I don't want to spend gold to get the hula dragon (although I may do the boost at the last minute/day if I'm really close to the 8,200 points.

1st - 3000
2nd - 2021
3rd - 1485 (active boost)
4th - 1467
5th - 1253
6th - 1241
7th - 1166
8th - 1149
9th - 1111

Kennedward
08-31-16, 08:43 PM
Oh I spoke too soon, awhile after my previous post #1 & 5 are boosting now lol

I'm interested to see what the final points will be, as with my previous groups, it seems people like to boost a lot for this type of events

cherrycastleorchard
08-31-16, 09:18 PM
Maybe they have fed their dragons millions of apples...

See attachment still rising with no evolving,no breeding and no hatching how is this possible?
, just going for milestones now ,no way to win against the system will never spend gold in leaderboard again

temecee
08-31-16, 10:40 PM
Curently on second place (to0gether with other two players) with 711 with the first at 723 and 20th at 303. Only one boosting is at 12th with 462.

It should be fun to continue. At least I'm pretty sure that if this continues and I manage to play normally for te rest of the event I still have a chance at something. Not the last 3 (maybe 4) milestones but the rest.

FireballFarm
08-31-16, 11:11 PM
See attachment still rising with no evolving,no breeding and no hatching how is this possible?
, just going for milestones now ,no way to win against the system will never spend gold in leaderboard again
They could have done a speed breeding session- popped in for 5 minutes and used several hundred gold to run 20+ eggs through the den and nest real quick. One of my neighbors does that regularly with the gold from gets from his gold producing dragons. I never see anything in his nest or den, but he has won leaderboads and usually has the all new, limited time dragons. I finally asked a couple months ago how he does it because I never, ever see anything in his nests and he always has cool new baby dragons hopping around.

The top person in my group has over 8500 points last time I checked (3000 points ahead of 2nd place) and was boosting. Ugh. I'm glad I don't like the prize dragons in this one. Where is the fun in reaching the last milestone on the 2nd day? I wish the players who buy 10,000+ points every leaderboard could all be grouped together- that would make it much more fun for everyone. I've actually enjoyed the leaderboards where I've been in groups with people who play the same way as I do, even when I have not won the top prize.

DeeDe99
09-01-16, 03:08 AM
With you FireballFarm on thinking they speed breed/hatch/evolve. I couldn't do it, because to me that's not actually playing the game, it is just clicking buttons. But that is my personal playing style. I can understand if people do that if they have a busy week or weekend and know they won't be able to play so get it all done, but it would have to be the exception, not the rule for me. I do speed up battle wait times due to time constraints. Saving 30 minutes here and there can be the difference between finishing and not finishing, especially with the short tournaments. This however is a long event.

Different people, different playing styles. One of the beauties of the game!

amerirish
09-01-16, 05:43 AM
I agree with you DeeDee99 that everyone has different playing styles, but I also agree with FireballFarm that the devs should take all of those big spending players and put them in a group together instead of with 'regular folks' like us :)

Limequat
09-01-16, 06:03 AM

If the points are rising when you see nothing going on on their island, it means they're most likely speed breeding (if they're not feeding dragons). What you see when you visit another island is just a frozen snapshot in time of the particular moment you happened to load it. It doesn't update to take into account any changes that occurred after you've loaded their island. So if the nest, den, or evolution temple are empty when you load their island, they're still going to look empty to you even if there's continuous breeding and hatching the entire time you're there. It only takes a few seconds to get dragons out of the breeding den and evolution temple, but it takes longer to select which dragon you want to breed or evolve. So you're much more likely to walk in on someone selecting dragons than you are to walk in on the exact moment when they still have the dragons in the den or temple.

Blanche_Lady
09-01-16, 06:25 AM
I have lost already 300 points! I earned them. And didn't appear in my count.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Kennedward
09-01-16, 07:25 AM
I agree with you DeeDee99 that everyone has different playing styles, but I also agree with FireballFarm that the devs should take all of those big spending players and put them in a group together instead of with 'regular folks' like us :)

Agreed, maybe then I'll be more interested to participate than now, because now I'm not really participating at all

Natasha_07
09-01-16, 09:19 AM
I only want Aquamarine and Hula, as the other 2 I already have and 2 or 3 of the Sunlit habitats (can't remember since they are spread out on my island). :)
These milestones look a bit tough for me though, so I don't think it's worth it if I buy the Hula Habitat if I can't reached those 2 dragons...!

comeseecomesah
09-01-16, 09:45 AM
May as well put all the Androids together on leaderboards too lol. They don't have Artic isle and so don't have those extra points from that extra breeding den. Not sure if there's an evolution temple in there too. If there is, then that's even more points. I just play as normal and speed when I need to pop something out and in if I'm going off somewhere. I'm not getting frustrated anymore, it's not worth it. There will always be those who choose to spend real money on it,speeding,buying more nests,using 2nd and 3rd breeding den and 2nd evolution temple to get to 1st place so I think the leaderboard is here to stay no matter how unfair a lot of people feel it is. Sometimes we may just get lucky and have more gentle competitors on our leaderboards lol. Trouble is I feel a little sorry for those I overtake sometimes especially if they are obviously playing without using gold and I've knocked them off 2nd or 3rd place. Anyway I'm glad to say I'm no longer addiced to having everything lol.

Florr06
09-01-16, 10:30 AM
I love the Hula dragon but I will never get it, only the first dragon is doable for me and I don't really like him a lot :( but a new dragon is always welcome ;)

Tinkerbel48
09-01-16, 10:33 AM
May as well put all the Androids together on leaderboards too lol. They don't have Artic isle and so don't have those extra points from that extra breeding den. Not sure if there's an evolution temple in there too. If there is, then that's even more points. I just play as normal and speed when I need to pop something out and in if I'm going off somewhere. I'm not getting frustrated anymore, it's not worth it. There will always be those who choose to spend real money on it,speeding,buying more nests,using 2nd and 3rd breeding den and 2nd evolution temple to get to 1st place so I think the leaderboard is here to stay no matter how unfair a lot of people feel it is. Sometimes we may just get lucky and have more gentle competitors on our leaderboards lol. Trouble is I feel a little sorry for those I overtake sometimes especially if they are obviously playing without using gold and I've knocked them off 2nd or 3rd place. Anyway I'm glad to say I'm no longer addiced to having everything lol.

I agree! An event like this is fair in NO way at all. Top leaders are either big spenders or hackers...not to mention the unfairness to android players. No way for regular honest players to compete. I am not stressing out over leaderboard events either,, just collecting the milestones along the way of my normal daily play:)

kooky panda
09-01-16, 10:35 AM
I have lost already 300 points! I earned them. And didn't appear in my count.
Does anyone have the same problem?
Try restarting you game to see if they show up. If they are still missing, send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Sandybellee
09-01-16, 11:36 AM
I haven't decided yet how much food to use for this one... I have only fed babies (enough to evolve) and the tales dragons since the last time we got lb points for food, so this is a rare chance for me to raise some favorites to higher levels. :)

Whatever I do, I will make sure to reach Hula. I haven't even calculated if I'm on track so far but I think I will wait until near the end to make any moves. If there is a boost sale again, I may just get that to half the amount of apples I need to spend.

I'm actually learning to enjoy coming up with a strategy for lb events. Good luck reaching your goals, everyone! :)

Ilsadrago
09-01-16, 02:57 PM
My wheel won't spin! I've been trying off and on for an hour. It's so frustrating!

Ilsadrago
09-01-16, 02:59 PM
I just tried again and it did spin. 20,000 coins. Yay. :(

kobidragon4
09-01-16, 04:54 PM
My wheel won't spin! I've been trying off and on for an hour. It's so frustrating!
Mine is doing the same! But alas.... When it did work..... 2 more palm trees!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 palm trees so far!!!!!!! I don't need or want Palm trees!

meoconlunar
09-01-16, 06:04 PM
1. 2499 (me, and I haven't used gold, speed or anything else)
2-3-4-5 : 1000-1100

Last leaderboard event I placed 12, no boost.
Maybe after 3 times with no prize, I can have something for this time?

Kennedward
09-01-16, 08:06 PM
1. 2499 (me, and I haven't used gold, speed or anything else)
2-3-4-5 : 1000-1100

Last leaderboard event I placed 12, no boost.
Maybe after 3 times with no prize, I can have something for this time?

Wow, how did you do it?

meoconlunar
09-01-16, 08:31 PM
Wow, how did you do it?
The first leaderboard event I placed 1st, got Skylord
The second one I placed 2nd got Mother (used gold but not much)
The third one I placed 1st got Tropic Tide (used gold, but beacause I had so many apples so I used alot + 30 gold boosts)
After that teamlava took me to join hard teams only, I got nothing.
I placed 3rd or 4th (?) when trying for Patriotic leaderboard event, but I used some gold to boost that time so at the last time (Torchbearer) when I was in a very hard team I decided not to join their game, so I didn't use and gold to boost, I placed 12th last time, no boost, and log in a little late this time.

Sorry I got no prize twice not 3 times :)

Kennedward
09-01-16, 08:41 PM
The first leaderboard event I placed 1st, got Skylord
The second one I placed 2nd got Mother (used gold but not much)
The third one I placed 1st got Tropic Tide (used gold, but beacause I had so many apples so I used alot + 30 gold boosts)
After that teamlava took me to join hard teams only, I got nothing.
I placed 3rd or 4th (?) when trying for Patriotic leaderboard event, but I used some gold to boost that time so at the last time (Torchbearer) when I was in a very hard team I decided not to join their game, so I didn't use and gold to boost, I placed 12th last time, no boost, and log in a little late this time.

Sorry I got no prize twice not 3 times :)

Don't quite understand you, but seems like you got the hang of this type of events

meoconlunar
09-01-16, 10:33 PM
Don't quite understand you, but seems like you got the hang of this type of events

hahaha sorry for my terrible English. :) we have one small group and have many members who share their experiment.

09-01-16, 11:33 PM
I only got points from the wheel twice, always got palm trees or water walkways, total 38 palm trees and 30 water walkway in my storage.

meoconlunar
09-02-16, 12:40 AM
I like water walkway but got Palm trees only

retseho
09-02-16, 01:38 AM

I enjoy it when I am grouped with like-minded people who use brains instead of money to play these event. It is fun when we have similar resources or the disparity is not big. It is no fun/challenge when the leaders go crazy spending gold like water. In this case, just concentrate on the milestone dragons/habitat & build up your apple stock.
Here's a useful tip:
On the last day, it is best not to put the egg resulting from the Breeding Den on a nest if the hatching time exceeds the end of the event. eg 23hrs until end of event, egg hatch time is 26hours.
You put the 26hr egg on a nest at the last few minutes of the event to get the points of Breeding. Meantime use the 23hrs for the nest to buy Water, Air, Light, Olympus eggs
to fill that 23 hours. Hope this makes sense.
Yes, we lose 23hr of breeding another egg but unless you can ensure the breeding pair produces a less than 23hr egg, you may lose both nest & breeding den points when you put the 26hr egg on a nest immediately.

cherrycastleorchard
09-02-16, 04:28 AM
They could have done a speed breeding session- popped in for 5 minutes and used several hundred gold to run 20+ eggs through the den and nest real quick. One of my neighbors does that regularly with the gold from gets from his gold producing dragons. I never see anything in his nest or den, but he has won leaderboads and usually has the all new, limited time dragons. I finally asked a couple months ago how he does it because I never, ever see anything in his nests and he always has cool new baby dragons hopping around.

The top person in my group has over 8500 points last time I checked (3000 points ahead of 2nd place) and was boosting. Ugh. I'm glad I don't like the prize dragons in this one. Where is the fun in reaching the last milestone on the 2nd day? I wish the players who buy 10,000+ points every leaderboard could all be grouped together- that would make it much more fun for everyone. I've actually enjoyed the leaderboards where I've been in groups with people who play the same way as I do, even when I have not won the top prize.

Totally agree

cherrycastleorchard
09-02-16, 04:51 AM
Hey kooky any chance that habitats will be opened up again soon. It is really hard when u have heaps of room and dragons that u have to sell.

DeeDe99
09-02-16, 05:18 AM
Our leader is over 12,000 and none of the rest have hit 3,000 yet.

DeeDe99
09-02-16, 05:20 AM
I only got points from the wheel twice, always got palm trees or water walkways, total 38 palm trees and 30 water walkway in my storage.

Last leaderboard I got heaps of food from the wheel. This time every spin but one has been points. The one that wasn't I got the water path thingy.

Kennedward
09-02-16, 06:04 AM
Wow, all top 5 players in my group are boosting right now LOL

Currently all have over 3000 points, I'm interested to see what their final points will be lol

DeeDe99
09-02-16, 07:39 AM

I made my thoughts clear on the first leaderboard. I dislike them intensely, it is not a game, merely a money sink. I don't mind paying to play, that is only fair, but that leaderboard is not a competition, it is simply buying a prize. Not my style at all.

farmday0123
09-02-16, 07:57 AM

I think she mean she log in to game late during leaderboard she can get easier groups, because i think active people always enter game soon to see what new and u catch many active leader in same group n make difficult to win, and i think so to.

nyrrem
09-02-16, 12:34 PM
Wooohoo coins coins coins!!!

amerirish
09-02-16, 12:45 PM
Weirdly I've been in first place since yesterday, but only by 200-300 points so I certainly don't expect it to last long. I'm not boosting and have not bought the Winner's Idol. Everyone in my group seems to be at a reasonable amount, starting at about 1700 up to about 3300. Even though I don't expect to win, it's nice to have reasonable 'competitors' (I'm only in it for the milestone prizes).

Kennedward
09-02-16, 06:38 PM
I think she mean she log in to game late during leaderboard she can get easier groups, because i think active people always enter game soon to see what new and u catch many active leader in same group n make difficult to win, and i think so to.

Hm, makes sense, I never liked any of the groups I've been placed in, all of them have at least 2 to 3 players who always boosts and at the end have over 10,000 points, leading the next player in line with at least double the amount.

Kennedward
09-02-16, 06:40 PM
Wow, all top 5 players in my group are boosting right now LOL

Currently all have over 3000 points, I'm interested to see what their final points will be lol

Oh, almost forgot to mention, now the points are roughly:

1 to 3: 6000
4 to 5: 5000
6 to 10: 3200
11 to 15: 2800
16 to 20: 2500

I'm still at the bottom, but it was crazy to see all 5 players boosting at the same time

athenageez
09-02-16, 09:50 PM
It's so odd.

On the first day, several people were boosting immediately and I was sitting fine at 11th place. First and second place have max amount of Evolution Temples, Nests and Breeding Roosts. I only have 1 extra nest. I've been playing normal - trying for diamond hybrids in one nest and hatching stored event dragons in the other, always evolving. No gold spent. Not feeding more than usual. Yet since the second day I've been in 3rd place with those two big spenders never more than 500 points ahead of me (I'm currently at 3550). It's definitely too good to be true so I'm not getting my hopes up of staying in the top 3 or even 5 for very long since the whole top 10 are within 1500 points of each other.

?\_(ツ)_/?

pernmagic
09-03-16, 12:52 AM
Sort of off thread but Just a small note, may be of little use........ Just upgraded from old iPad 2 16 to iPad Air 2 64 .... the spin wheel works perfectly at last and everything flows without hang ups in any part of the game ..... Now the game is so large in memory it needed a big boost ....

Simdiva
09-03-16, 06:00 AM
Sort of off thread but Just a small note, may be of little use........ Just upgraded from old iPad 2 16 to iPad Air 2 64 .... the spin wheel works perfectly at last and everything flows without hang ups in any part of the game ..... Now the game is so large in memory it needed a big boost ....

Did the same recently from iPad mini 2 16 to iPad mini 4 64. - what a treat. Everything zips along and no more sore Han because it's so light I can hold it up for hours every day lol so I can grow all those grapes. Now in topic I have a very sane group but I want this dragon backtrack. (Anything Royal tickles my fancy) I am ashamed to admit I've done a few boosts and I am pretty far ahead of my nearest at 12500

Kennedward
09-03-16, 08:06 AM
Back on topic, my group's top 5 players are still leading with more than double the points of the 6th place player, needless to say it's basically their game now.

But it's a first for me, I have never been in a group where 5 players are boosting daily and have more than double our points at this point in the event

deboranna
09-03-16, 09:28 AM
My top 4 players in this leaderboard. Player 1 had all the milestones in about 3 hours of the event starting. These scores are obscenely high. Still have 6 days left!! I'm 6th with just under 6000 points. I'm mainly high from my 3 nests, and feeding RS to a 15. I did a basic boost day one, and none since. I can see the writing on the wall. Why are these others throwing gold at a CHANCE to get the final dragon? Only 2 of these guys are getting it... Crazy!

9krm
09-03-16, 10:24 AM
I like my group. First place has just over 3000. I'm in 8th with 2100.
The points for the milestones are ridiculously high and the new version is so laggy. Combine those things, and I don't really even want to play.

anaghasaki
09-03-16, 10:29 AM
First in my group is at 20000 points with a 2.5 boost!!! The second is at 16000 and third at 9000.. I mean why [] is the first one spending gold for?? Too much gold??

No wonder the milestones are such high.. I mean many players have already got all the milestones.. If S8 doesn't keep the milestones at such 'low levels' these players would be absolutely bored.. Maybe even now they are bored.. They have basically finished the event in 5 days.. Now they just have to keep at the top of the group..

FieldsLikeB
09-03-16, 04:51 PM
I have not participated in a WE intentionally side Mother. I'm usually running Diamond Temple which I do monthly during them and end up with prizes every so often. Today I checked it and found my run of diamond luck this month has me at level one. Winning so far by not participating. Lol

AnglChk507
09-03-16, 05:38 PM
First in my group is at 20000 points with a 2.5 boost!!! The second is at 16000 and third at 9000.. I mean why [] is the first one spending gold for?? Too much gold??

No wonder the milestones are such high.. I mean many players have already got all the milestones.. If S8 doesn't keep the milestones at such 'low levels' these players would be absolutely bored.. Maybe even now they are bored.. They have basically finished the event in 5 days.. Now they just have to keep at the top of the group..

Sounds like my group right now lol feels amazing not wasting gold on these events anymore

Kennedward
09-03-16, 07:08 PM
My top 4 players in this leaderboard. Player 1 had all the milestones in about 3 hours of the event starting. These scores are obscenely high. Still have 6 days left!! I'm 6th with just under 6000 points. I'm mainly high from my 3 nests, and feeding RS to a 15. I did a basic boost day one, and none since. I can see the writing on the wall. Why are these others throwing gold at a CHANCE to get the final dragon? Only 2 of these guys are getting it... Crazy!

Agreed, I never understand it either, putting real money for a few pixels which are not real.

I'd rather spend my money on getting real gifts, but that's just me, it seems many others are wiling to spend for pixels.

Anyways, my groups' top 5 have all reached 10,000s, which the 6th is only at 4000 and the rest are, of course, below that.

Like I said, it's basically the top 5's game now, none of us from 6th below have any chance unless one of us are willing to spend money, but still, only 2 players will get the final prize dragon

Kennedward
09-03-16, 07:11 PM

I see that a lot too, the players leading will always boost and lead more, despite already having such high points.

I also seem to think this is why the milestones are set so high, but for players like us who are not willing to spend or use gold that have been saved up (I have all the gold producing dragons from saving alone, mind you, I've never spent), it's basically unattainable. It is also why I've never managed to get all the milestone prizes

Kennedward
09-03-16, 07:12 PM
Sounds like my group right now lol feels amazing not wasting gold on these events anymore

I wish I have been placed in a group like yours, all of mine have at least 2 to 3 players who are willing to spend to get high points

And this time around, my group even have 5 players doing that.........

Nikkook
09-03-16, 10:40 PM
I couldn't start for a few hours as Halloween didn't have the leaderboard event. However it's worked out really well cos I am now top of my very sensible, non boosting group. I only boosted once because I started with all nests and temples ready and thought I would be in one of my usual "top 5 boost all the time " groups. Looks like starting later will be my preference in future leaderboards!

rado_nik
09-03-16, 11:26 PM
New gold trap.
A big problem in Dragon Story: Tropical Island. When buy boost, timer doesn't show and you think you don't bought a boost and when click again it take your gold again but timer still doesn't appear

Kennedward
09-04-16, 01:36 AM
I'm at 1.9k points right now and I want the habitat but I don't think I can get past 4k points since I only have one nest and one breeding den. I like the dragon prizes this time around.

I like them too but doesn't seem like I'll get them all, I'm also at 2k, roughly your points

Kennedward
09-04-16, 01:38 AM
I couldn't start for a few hours as Halloween didn't have the leaderboard event. However it's worked out really well cos I am now top of my very sensible, non boosting group. I only boosted once because I started with all nests and temples ready and thought I would be in one of my usual "top 5 boost all the time " groups. Looks like starting later will be my preference in future leaderboards!

Lucky you! I wish I have been placed in a group like yours!

temecee
09-04-16, 01:41 AM
It's like the 6th time in a row when I get water walkway. Even when I got coins it was better. At this pace I think that I'll end up only with the first milestone dragon and that's it from this leaderboard.
And this consedering that I have a pretty normal lineup (with the leader at about 2800 and the last place ar about 1200).

groovyedwin
09-04-16, 01:59 AM
Current group is pretty rough again. Benfiting from being in the lower half and getting more points on the spin for stuff wheel than the usual 25 or 26 per chest. I may even get dragged up to the habitat.

Current standings are:
1 - 15 241
2 - 9 843
3 - 8 314
4 - 7 917
5 - 6 726
6 - 6 113
7 - 4 420
8 - 4 272
9 - 4 040
10 - 3 993
11 - 3 971
12 - 3 852
13 - 3 830
14 - 3 399
15 - 3 186
16 - 2 655
17 - 2 614
18 - 2 427
19 - 2 215
20 - 1 517

Sandybellee
09-04-16, 02:20 AM
I'm glad that the top players in my group are increasing their lead - I've got over 200 points from the wheel now 2 times already since I've fallen so far behind! At this rate I'll get all the milestones without using much food at all! :)

DeeDe99
09-04-16, 02:40 AM
I got 25,000 food as a milestone. Liked that milestone!

Sandybellee
09-04-16, 02:53 AM

Congrats, DeeDe! All milestones should be like that!

temecee
09-04-16, 02:58 AM

This is quite a cool milestone. Congrats!

metamorpho
09-04-16, 04:10 AM
New gold trap.
A big problem in Dragon Story: Tropical Island. When buy boost, timer doesn't show and you think you don't bought a boost and when click again it take your gold again but timer still doesn't appear

Lost what gold I have left because of this. (90 bar). Be warned. Misclick with pop-up cost me 500. Getting tiresome.

Kennedward
09-04-16, 06:38 AM
I'm glad that the top players in my group are increasing their lead - I've got over 200 points from the wheel now 2 times already since I've fallen so far behind! At this rate I'll get all the milestones without using much food at all! :)

Wow, that's great you'll be able to get them all, because I won't for sure, especially not that last one

Kennedward
09-04-16, 06:39 AM

Congrats! Too bad so far my milestones have been points

groovyedwin
09-04-16, 07:10 PM
Update since yesterday. Benfiting from being in the lower half and getting more points on the spin for stuff wheel than the usual 25 or 26 per chest. Last three spins ending in a chest gave me 293, 292 and 231 points. I may even get dragged up to the habitat.

Current standings are:
1 - 15 241
2 - 11 301
3 - 10 707
4 - 8 025
5 - 7 665
6 - 7 451
7 - 5 427
8 - 5 041
9 - 5 017
10 - 4 858
11 - 4 695
12 - 4 536
13 - 4 480
14 - 4 183
15 - 4 020
16 - 3 971
17 - 3 565
18 - 3 363
19 - 2 427
20 - 1 879

09-04-16, 07:11 PM
I didn't get any food from the wheel or the milestones, all I got were coins or palm tree, I think I can reach all the milestones without spending any gold, I am at 6730 pts. rank no. 6 in my group , the leader is already over 10000, almost double mine.

Kennedward
09-04-16, 07:29 PM
All my milestones so far have been points, and from the spin I only got points, coins, and that useless decor water tiles.......

As for my group:
1 to 5 all over 13,000
6 is at 6000
And everyone from 5 below are not even close to 5000

As I've stated in my previous posts, no point in checking anymore, doesn't seem like anyone from 6 down can match top 5, and I'm only at 4100 points, so the last few milestone prizes seems far away for me as well

roguebee
09-04-16, 07:29 PM
Update since yesterday. Benfiting from being in the lower half and getting more points on the spin for stuff wheel than the usual 25 or 26 per chest. Last three spins ending in a chest gave me 293, 292 and 231 points. I may even get dragged up to the habitat.

On one account, I'm having a similar experience. The wheel has been awesome and I'll probably collect the habitat for sure, and I believe the Aquamarine dragon as well.

Kennedward
09-04-16, 07:33 PM
On one account, I'm having a similar experience. The wheel has been awesome and I'll probably collect the habitat for sure, and I believe the Aquamarine dragon as well.

Wow, lucky! I have gotten nothing good out of the wheel

Nikkook
09-04-16, 11:14 PM

Current standings are:
1 - 15 241
2 - 11 301
3 - 10 707
4 - 8 025
5 - 7 665
6 - 7 451
7 - 5 427
8 - 5 041
9 - 5 017
10 - 4 858
11 - 4 695
12 - 4 536
13 - 4 480
14 - 4 183
15 - 4 020
16 - 3 971
17 - 3 565
18 - 3 363
19 - 2 427
20 - 1 879
Omg I would be 7th in your group but I 'm top in mine by over 1000.. Sorry you got such a bunch of over-achievers.

Xyn25
09-05-16, 04:48 AM
I'm at #3 in my group with 4.1k points. At this point I'm just trying to get to Aquamarine though.

Sandybellee
09-05-16, 06:04 AM
I just got the habitat milestone! I haven't used any boosts or gold. Just been keeping my den, nests and evolution temples busy at all times. And the wheel started being super generous after the gap between me and the leader got large enough. (Currently I'm about 8000 points behind.)

Because I can easily reach all the milestones now and have absolutely no chance of getting Islander, I'm not even going to feed any dragons to high levels. I'd rather keep collecting apples for the future. :)

Natasha_07
09-05-16, 12:28 PM
I got 35k coins as a milestone, I wish I could get the food instead too...! :rolleyes:

I have +4k points and feeling a bit not to even continue with this one.

nyrrem
09-05-16, 12:28 PM
I'm lower mid way on my LB and am getting rubbish points in the spin (when I am not getting bloomin' water tiles).

bullwine
09-05-16, 05:17 PM
I got lucky and won the last leaderboard. Luck of the draw. So this time I'm in a group of real overachievers. Number one at 19,756 leads second place at 19,551. Third is at 15k+. How much gold do you figure you need to spend to earn that many points. I just got the final dragon and with 8402 points I am in 11th place. I'm satisfied but incredulous at the high scores.

FireballFarm
09-05-16, 05:55 PM
I'm enjoying the big chests from being low in the rankings, too! I've been getting all chests and palm trees so far, and I don't mind the palm trees (last time I was annoyed and deleted like 12 of them and later regretted it- they are great leafy deco since they are so small and can squeeze in anywhere).

I really don't understand the logic behind some gold spending. Everyone in 6th place or above has 10,000+ points in my group, so they have all the milestones. Yesterday, #4 kept boosting, but it's clearly obvious #1 and #2 are going to win. They keep topping each other and will boost even further ahead if anyone gets within 1000 points of them. But, #4 keeps spending money on boosts. What a waste of gold. Smh. This is likely another reason why S8 seems to love this event- dumb, compulsive, illogical gold spending that benefits no one but the developers.

Kennedward
09-05-16, 07:24 PM
I'm lower mid way on my LB and am getting rubbish points in the spin (when I am not getting bloomin' water tiles).

Same here, but I got tons of those water tiles......

Kennedward
09-05-16, 07:27 PM
I got lucky and won the last leaderboard. Luck of the draw. So this time I'm in a group of real overachievers. Number one at 19,756 leads second place at 19,551. Third is at 15k+. How much gold do you figure you need to spend to earn that many points. I just got the final dragon and with 8402 points I am in 11th place. I'm satisfied but incredulous at the high scores.

Same with mine really, top 5 in my group keeps boosting daily

I never understand why 5 would all do it at the same time when only 2 players will get the dragon prize, and 3rd place I would consider the worst possible prize because 3rd place only gets a trophy decor and maps

4 to 5 will get maps, food, and coins, which I would consider the best prizes but only if you're not spending money to get them, so in my group, I would say 6th place has it the best, he never boosted, has 3 nests and are breeding both in the regular isle and the artic isle, so I would consider him to be playing normally to get that place

Kennedward
09-05-16, 07:31 PM
I'm enjoying the big chests from being low in the rankings, too! I've been getting all chests and palm trees so far, and I don't mind the palm trees (last time I was annoyed and deleted like 12 of them and later regretted it- they are great leafy deco since they are so small and can squeeze in anywhere).

I really don't understand the logic behind some gold spending. Everyone in 6th place or above has 10,000+ points in my group, so they have all the milestones. Yesterday, #4 kept boosting, but it's clearly obvious #1 and #2 are going to win. They keep topping each other and will boost even further ahead if anyone gets within 1000 points of them. But, #4 keeps spending money on boosts. What a waste of gold. Smh. This is likely another reason why S8 seems to love this event- dumb, compulsive, illogical gold spending that benefits no one but the developers.

Wow, another player with a similar group as mine, I never understand it either

Mind you, I have free gold saved up from my gold producing dragons, and I got all my gold producing dragons from free gold that I've saved up from previous things like downloading other game apps and even tournament prizes, too bad there's not many of those anymore

Anyways, even though I have free gold saved up, I can never find myself using them for leaderboards, mainly because my groups always have at least 2 to 3 players boosting to get over 10k points in only a few days, and seeing how fast those gold would be used up, I would rather save them for something else that are only purchasable with gold, i.e. another new gold producing dragon, or a 4 dragon habitat

However, that's just me, and that's a very small percentage of the player community, as it seems many players are willing to spend, good for business I guess

Kennedward
09-05-16, 07:36 PM
My group right now: (all roughly because I don't bother write down to exact points)

1 & 2 have 19k
3 to 5 have 16k
6. 6500
And everyone from 5 below are not even close to 5k

I've actually moved up a few spots to 12, now with 4500 points, but that's still the bottom half of the group, and I'm 2k away from 6th place, which I consider the player with the best prize now without spending money or gold to get there, so it doesn't seem like I'll get anything other than coins and maybe food

And I think the reason I've moved up maybe that the other players are simply discouraged seeing those 5 with super high points and have decided not to participate, or they were not playing at all.

And a more main reason is that those of us below 9th place all have points very close to each other, with a difference usually within 100 or so, so I played a little and managed to surpass a few people, not that I consider it good or anything, it's just that I've played more than others so I managed to moved up a few spots, I still refuse to participate and am simply playing leisurely to see if I breed anything good

dragonv15
09-06-16, 07:04 AM
I have just passed 8.2k and didnt got the last milestone. Had anyone experienced sth similar? Already restarted and wrote to the support..

temecee
09-06-16, 09:26 AM
I read the stories here and I end up really happy with my group. Since I don't have time to actually play as much as the last time I only have like 2500 points but that puts me on 15 but the guy on 4th has like less than 2700 and the 2nd only 2900.
In this group I understand the competition (since you basically can end up anywhere fro m 2nd to 18thif you miss a breeding or something but the rest I can not understand.

And I agree that 3rd seems really bad as a prize. And I don't really see the diference between 1st and 2nd. It's the dragon (which ok is COOL) and a decor piece - Really?

Since I have no chance at 1st place (to much difference since is the only one that I saw boosting) I'll take the points and the food and which ever milestone I can get.

saghaven
09-06-16, 09:42 AM
My group isn't insane this time either although I'm still only in like 7th place (up from like 13th this morning lol). But the top person still has less than 10k (will prob have that by the end of the day) and the person in 2nd has about 7300, 3rd has 6300 but has a booster on as does the person in 4th. I'm not trying to be first, I'm mainly focusing on trying to get all the milestones (which will probably be a stretch as I need another 4000 or so to go). But I'm not speeding breeding or hatching for the most part. I've only done one booster when several long term things were hatching/evolved all at once.

Kennedward
09-06-16, 09:54 AM
I read the stories here and I end up really happy with my group. Since I don't have time to actually play as much as the last time I only have like 2500 points but that puts me on 15 but the guy on 4th has like less than 2700 and the 2nd only 2900.
In this group I understand the competition (since you basically can end up anywhere fro m 2nd to 18thif you miss a breeding or something but the rest I can not understand.

And I agree that 3rd seems really bad as a prize. And I don't really see the diference between 1st and 2nd. It's the dragon (which ok is COOL) and a decor piece - Really?

Since I have no chance at 1st place (to much difference since is the only one that I saw boosting) I'll take the points and the food and which ever milestone I can get.

Agreed, 1 & 2 are pretty much the same for me, as all decors I find are useless, so I would only take the dragon prize and see where i can fit it in. (I seriously lack space and habitat lol)

Even if you are those players who love decors and would like to display them, I seriously doubt the 2nd place player would want to display the silver trophy, since it would mean he/she lost to another player in the event. And from what I've seen, most people who got 1st place really do display the 1st place trophy, to show off I guess.

Anyways, in all leaderboard events, I consider 4 to 6 the best prizes since most of the time they are the ones who never spent to get those places, and they get food, maps, and coins (even though coins are useless for me as well lol), but they do get all 3. Those below only get 2 or 1 out of those 3.

Kennedward
09-06-16, 09:57 AM
My group isn't insane this time either although I'm still only in like 7th place (up from like 13th this morning lol). But the top person still has less than 10k (will prob have that by the end of the day) and the person in 2nd has about 7300, 3rd has 6300 but has a booster on as does the person in 4th. I'm not trying to be first, I'm mainly focusing on trying to get all the milestones (which will probably be a stretch as I need another 4000 or so to go). But I'm not speeding breeding or hatching for the most part. I've only done one booster when several long term things were hatching/evolved all at once.

I'm actually jealous reading about others' posts when they have a more regular group, mine is pretty much set from the start, 5 players boosting since the beginning, and they are leading by more than 10k points from the 6th place now.

Seriously? I know you need to put a gap between us non-spending players, but 10k is over****. I would consider 1 or 2k to be more acceptable, that gap is already big enough to lead for a few days, but 10k? Wow! I can only imagine how much those guys have spent already.

temecee
09-06-16, 10:36 AM
Stupid question: Did we just get a world event (sort of) on top of the leaderboard?

amerirish
09-06-16, 10:45 AM
Stupid question: Did we just get a world event (sort of) on top of the leaderboard?

Not a stupid question at all, you are correct :confused:

jaymieb2
09-06-16, 11:27 AM
I am on Android. No speed breeding for me (not my style, but may be why I miss the limited time dragons... ;-) )

I spent actual cash to catch the sale for the second evolution temple. Waited several days for a gold sale, but no luck. The second Evo temple is VERY helpful on the leaderboard event, and it also seems like it will be helpful on the community event. Not to mention the giant queue of dragons waiting to evolve. And now I can evolve duplicates and trade for gems instead of having to sell them off if the nest!

Am at 6184 with about 3 days left. Am on target for the final milestone. I hope to finish in the 4th-6th place range in my group.

Good luck, everybody! :-)

jaymieb2
09-06-16, 11:31 AM

Seems like you have a particular spin to get the same results all the time. Have you tried rotating the wheel so it has a different starting point?

icre8mylife
09-06-16, 01:05 PM
There is so much negativity and criticism here about gold spenders and using boost that I feel the need to put my 2 cents worth in. I have 2 accounts and am #1 on both. I have 3 nest, 2 dens and 2 evolution temples on both islands. I also use Arctic isle on my bigger account that actually has less points than the smaller one without the Arctic isle. I have been using the smaller boost, generally twice a day. Sometimes only once, depending on how many things are ready at approximately the same time. I have no desire for 1-3 place. What I do desire is Firefly, Aquamarine and Hula on both accounts. As I stand right now, I am only 192 pts away from Hula dragon on my smaller account due to breeding a Gold and Crusader dragon. I no longer need to boost there because I now know I will get all milestones which has been my goal all along. On my bigger account, with the Arctic isle I have not even reached Aquamarine yet so will continue to boost there till I am close enough to get Hula without boosting. My point is, and I do have one, please don't be a hater just because some of us use gold to boost our points, or question our competetivness or sense of fair play just because we can and choose do so. I am competing against no one. I am merely competing against the clock to get the final milestone dragon. I have never won 1st or 2nd place and have no desire to do so. My hope is that once I stop boosting, others will pass me and I will end up in 4-6 place which is what I consider the perfect place for me and what I hope to achieve. Life is about choices. That's what makes life interesting. We all choose how we want to play the game based on our desires and/or income. If you choose not to spend gold because either you don't have it or do and simply don't want to then that is your choice. I on the other hand, do have it and want to, so it is my choice to do so. Please stop judging players on their choices. I don't judge players for not spending gold so please don't judge those of us who do.
My intention is not to offend anyone with this message. I just want objecting players to see both sides of the coin.

random59
09-06-16, 02:24 PM
Same here, but I got tons of those water tiles......

Now have 58 Water Walkway Tiles and 25 Palm Trees, enough with the Tiles!

JDanil07
09-06-16, 02:26 PM
In the last leaderboard event I came very close to the last milestone, and would have gotten there if I hadn't ignored the Arctic Isles. This time I'm working the Arctic Isles as well as my two nests, in hopes that I can complete the milestones.

I'm in second place in my group, with just over 4600 points. I'd rather be anywhere between third and sixth, to win maps and food. I hope somebody starts boosting.

random59
09-06-16, 02:27 PM
Seems like you have a particular spin to get the same results all the time. Have you tried rotating the wheel so it has a different starting point?

The way we spin doesn't matter as the prize has already been preselected by the programme, that's why when the wheel jumps about it is because it is trying to find the preselected prize. There is no luck or random nature in the spin.

Exeroth
09-06-16, 02:50 PM
This was my first leaderboard after my two year hiatus. I'm hoping I can come in first, but my opponents seem very keen on spending money- which I have no problem with. I just hope I can pull ahead in the final hours of this thing- it would be great to come win my first ever tournament. Also, I never got the aquamarine or hammerhead dragons before, so that was a real treat! Also the Hula dragon is totally adorable, I Just wish the islander dragon wasn't so ugly :/

groovyedwin
09-06-16, 04:42 PM
Todays update. Benefiting from being in the lower half and getting more points on the spin for stuff wheel than the usual 25 or 26 per chest. Getting an average of about 100 per spin when I dont get palm trees. Definitely going to get the habitat and maybe Aquamarine dragon.

Current standings are:
1 - 20 678
2 - 18 324
3 - 15 800
4 - 10 268
5 - 10 084
6 - 8 973
7 - 8 542
----Hula Dragon at 8 200----
8 - 7 599
9 - 7 347
10 - 7 308
----Aquamarine Dragon at 7 200----
11 - 7 087
12 - 6 933
13 - 6 860
----Sunlit Shore Habitat at 6 200----
14 - 6 043
15 - 5 761
16 - 5 090
----Firefly Dragon at 4 600----
17 - 4 452
18 - 3 881
19 - 2 427
20 - 2 145
----Hammerhead Dragon at 2 100----

This may end up being the toughest group I have been in. The current toughest group was one where IIRC top 12 receive all individual prizes and top 18 received all but one individual prizes.

Kennedward
09-06-16, 07:34 PM
Now have 58 Water Walkway Tiles and 25 Palm Trees, enough with the Tiles!

Agreed, I got tons of those as well, which I've decided to sell

Kennedward
09-06-16, 07:36 PM
In the last leaderboard event I came very close to the last milestone, and would have gotten there if I hadn't ignored the Arctic Isles. This time I'm working the Arctic Isles as well as my two nests, in hopes that I can complete the milestones.

I'm in second place in my group, with just over 4600 points. I'd rather be anywhere between third and sixth, to win maps and food. I hope somebody starts boosting.

I have never gotten the last milestone, so I hope you get it

Like you, I also hope to be 4-6th place, but doesn't seem like I'll catch up to 6th guy since he is leading by 2k from me, and as I've said in my previous posts, my top 5 guys are leading by more than 10k from the 6th guy, so I really have no chance to get that 6th place. So I hope you'll get it too!

Kennedward
09-06-16, 07:37 PM
There is so much negativity and criticism here about gold spenders and using boost that I feel the need to put my 2 cents worth in. I have 2 accounts and am #1 on both. I have 3 nest, 2 dens and 2 evolution temples on both islands. I also use Arctic isle on my bigger account that actually has less points than the smaller one without the Arctic isle. I have been using the smaller boost, generally twice a day. Sometimes only once, depending on how many things are ready at approximately the same time. I have no desire for 1-3 place. What I do desire is Firefly, Aquamarine and Hula on both accounts. As I stand right now, I am only 192 pts away from Hula dragon on my smaller account due to breeding a Gold and Crusader dragon. I no longer need to boost there because I now know I will get all milestones which has been my goal all along. On my bigger account, with the Arctic isle I have not even reached Aquamarine yet so will continue to boost there till I am close enough to get Hula without boosting. My point is, and I do have one, please don't be a hater just because some of us use gold to boost our points, or question our competetivness or sense of fair play just because we can and choose do so. I am competing against no one. I am merely competing against the clock to get the final milestone dragon. I have never won 1st or 2nd place and have no desire to do so. My hope is that once I stop boosting, others will pass me and I will end up in 4-6 place which is what I consider the perfect place for me and what I hope to achieve. Life is about choices. That's what makes life interesting. We all choose how we want to play the game based on our desires and/or income. If you choose not to spend gold because either you don't have it or do and simply don't want to then that is your choice. I on the other hand, do have it and want to, so it is my choice to do so. Please stop judging players on their choices. I don't judge players for not spending gold so please don't judge those of us who do.
My intention is not to offend anyone with this message. I just want objecting players to see both sides of the coin.

To be honest, I really have no problem with people spending money

I was merely stating the fact that I won't be spending money or my free gold saved up, that is all that I wanted to say

09-06-16, 09:05 PM
I have 50 Palm trees in my storage, I did rotate the starting point each time,still no luck. Anyway, I reached the final milestone and got my hula dragon few hours ago, I don't care what I get from the wheel anymore.

monbohn
09-06-16, 09:55 PM
I splurged on the 2.5 boost which I don't usually do, but I haven't had as much chance to play as I usually do and I really love the Hula dragon. Before boosting I was towards the bottom of the list, now I'm in 2nd place, which doesn't make a difference to me. Once I have the milestones the only other thing I'm really interested in is food. Since I haven't even reached the habitat yet and I'm 2nd I guess I'm not in a really competitive group. I can see that having a second evolution temple could be very helpful...I could use leaderboard to work on evolving dragons to trade for gems which I never seem to be able to get to. Doesn't take too much food to bring them just to level 4. Good luck to everyone! Wondering how well the overlapping event thing is going to work.

dypapaisland
09-06-16, 10:04 PM
The problem is not so much about the gold spenders but the way the leaderboard is designed.
There is no way for a non gold spender to get first or second place.

kat8rose
09-06-16, 10:09 PM
Whatever happened to separating iOS and Android players?

icre8mylife
09-06-16, 11:39 PM
To be honest, I really have no problem with people spending money

I was merely stating the fact that I won't be spending money or my free gold saved up, that is all that I wanted to say

I truly was not trying to signal you or any one person out. Hence, I did not reply to anyone in particular. What I am going to say now is also NOT directed towards you. I'm just making another defensive statement. I read the boards almost daily, but I have to feel pretty strongly about something to actually post. I wanted to post this same statement on the last leaderboard thread because the same bashing against players that spend gold to reach their goals was going on then as well as all past leaderboard threads. I'm pretty much of a live and let live kinda gal and being judgemental is not what I'm about. Today, I just had enough of the criticism and judgement against those of us who choose to play the game the way we want to play it. There has even been insinuations that some of us are *****ing and we are not really winning, but buying our way up. What glory is there in that? I just wish some of the players making these comments would see that this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less. The boost are a legitimate part of the game. They are there for you to choose to use them or not. It's your choice. This Leaderboard event/competition has caused so much discourse in the DS community. As stated in my previous post, I'm not competing against anyone! I'm sure the players on my leaderboard would beg to differ, however, I just wanted the last 3 milestone dragons bad enough to boost my chances of getting them. So I did and I now have them on one of my accounts. I'm still 2000 pts away on my other account and would never reach my goal without using the boost. We all (except those who really like it) need to take the word COMPETITION out of the Leaderboard event and just treat it like any other event. Not everyone can earn the final prize in DT. Not everyone can win the final tournament dragon, nor get enough parts to craft the dragon from 100 battles. Some can't get enough bombs for parts from the mines to craft the featured dragon. And last but not least, not everyone will get the leaderboard dragon. Just play your game the best way you can and you get what you get. Just like any of the other events.
Okay, I am getting off my soap box now before players start throwing rotten tomatoes and knock me off. I think you get my point. Ouch! Who threw that?
My disclaimer. This is not intended to criticize, demoralize, ostracize, compartmentalize, accuse or abuse any known person living or dead.

dypapaisland
09-07-16, 12:48 AM
It's the design of the event that makes it competitive. Only 2 players in each board get the prize dragon.

On the contrary, the other events, like the battle tournaments, dragon tales, or the mines, allow players to decide how they wanna play. They can choose to spend gold to complete the events easily or challenge themselves to complete the events the hard way without spending any gold. Either way is possible.

In the leaderboard event however, there is no way a player can obtain the prize dragon if he/she chooses not to spend any gold, unless he/she is incredibly lucky to be in a group of non spenders. The design of this event is skewed to favor spenders, and completely disqualifies non spenders.

I hope you understand the difference.
So there is no way we can take the word COMPETITION out of this event because the event in itself is a competition... well, unless you don't care much about the prize dragon, then it becomes just like any other events like you said.

Nothing against gold spenders, just thought the design of the event could be better.

Sandybellee
09-07-16, 01:49 AM
Got Hula so I'm done with the event! :) I got points from the wheel again and went to 8238 but it didn't trigger Hula. Then I hatched an egg and thankfully that triggered her. I didn't have to spend any gold so I'm happy - this is the first time I didn't even use a boost. I'm 11th now and have no intention of trying to climb higher. Of course I will keep breeding, hatching and evolving for the world event and Sulfur though.

Good luck to everyone in the final days! :)

Edit: I didn't keep a running count, but I estimate I got about 2000 of my points from the wheel so far. I got very small amounts until number one on my board reached 14 000 points. That seemed to make all the difference and I started getting 200 points or more every time I spun points. I had less than 5000 at that time.

Kennedward
09-07-16, 03:35 AM
I truly was not trying to signal you or any one person out. Hence, I did not reply to anyone in particular. What I am going to say now is also NOT directed towards you. I'm just making another defensive statement. I read the boards almost daily, but I have to feel pretty strongly about something to actually post. I wanted to post this same statement on the last leaderboard thread because the same bashing against players that spend gold to reach their goals was going on then as well as all past leaderboard threads. I'm pretty much of a live and let live kinda gal and being judgemental is not what I'm about. Today, I just had enough of the criticism and judgement against those of us who choose to play the game the way we want to play it. There has even been insinuations that some of us are *****ing and we are not really winning, but buying our way up. What glory is there in that? I just wish some of the players making these comments would see that this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less. The boost are a legitimate part of the game. They are there for you to choose to use them or not. It's your choice. This Leaderboard event/competition has caused so much discourse in the DS community. As stated in my previous post, I'm not competing against anyone! I'm sure the players on my leaderboard would beg to differ, however, I just wanted the last 3 milestone dragons bad enough to boost my chances of getting them. So I did and I now have them on one of my accounts. I'm still 2000 pts away on my other account and would never reach my goal without using the boost. We all (except those who really like it) need to take the word COMPETITION out of the Leaderboard event and just treat it like any other event. Not everyone can earn the final prize in DT. Not everyone can win the final tournament dragon, nor get enough parts to craft the dragon from 100 battles. Some can't get enough bombs for parts from the mines to craft the featured dragon. And last but not least, not everyone will get the leaderboard dragon. Just play your game the best way you can and you get what you get. Just like any of the other events.
Okay, I am getting off my soap box now before players start throwing rotten tomatoes and knock me off. I think you get my point. Ouch! Who threw that?
My disclaimer. This is not intended to criticize, demoralize, ostracize, compartmentalize, accuse or abuse any known person living or dead.

Yea I simply stated what I was trying to say because some players may get the wrong idea from my posts

I don't hate this event in general, I don't participate because I don't have the time nor the gold to compete with people in my group, that's all

Kennedward
09-07-16, 03:36 AM
The problem is not so much about the gold spenders but the way the leaderboard is designed.
There is no way for a non gold spender to get first or second place.

Unless you're in a group where everyone are non gold spenders, which from what I've read, there are quite a lot, but disappointingly, not mine

Kennedward
09-07-16, 03:39 AM
It's the design of the event that makes it competitive. Only 2 players in each board get the prize dragon.

On the contrary, the other events, like the battle tournaments, dragon tales, or the mines, allow players to decide how they wanna play. They can choose to spend gold to complete the events easily or challenge themselves to complete the events the hard way without spending any gold. Either way is possible.

In the leaderboard event however, there is no way a player can obtain the prize dragon if he/she chooses not to spend any gold, unless he/she is incredibly lucky to be in a group of non spenders. The design of this event is skewed to favor spenders, and completely disqualifies non spenders.

I hope you understand the difference.
So there is no way we can take the word COMPETITION out of this event because the event in itself is a competition... well, unless you don't care much about the prize dragon, then it becomes just like any other events like you said.

Nothing against gold spenders, just thought the design of the event could be better.

Agreed, it's the competition that's the problem really.

In all other events, it's possible for everyone to get the final prize by just playing alot (however, lately a lot more points are required, so some may even argue you still need to spend gold to get the final prize, but my point is still that in other events, it's possible for everyone participating to get the final prize)

In leaderboards, however, only 2 will get it, the rest will end up with maps, food, coins, either all 3, 2 or 1 out of all 3. That's where the problem lies.

amerirish
09-07-16, 10:01 AM
So I just hit 8200 exactly and didn't receive the Hula Dragon :confused: I tried force closing and reopening but nothing in storage and the milestone marker is not quite at the end. I'm waiting to collect from somewhere else but thought I'd mention this glitch.

meoconlunar
09-07-16, 10:16 AM
8250 not 8200 :D

amerirish
09-07-16, 10:21 AM
8250 not 8200 :D

OOOHHHH! Without clicking on the actual picture of Hula, it looks like the milestone is 8200, not 8250 - thanks for clearing that up for me!! :D

ericrypt
09-07-16, 10:34 AM
I've wanted to Hammerhead dragon for a very long time and the last two times I just couldn't get it. Not the prettiest dragon lol but certainly a good one to add to the collection! Mine is happily swimming in a habitat now!:cool:

amerirish
09-07-16, 11:17 AM
Just got Hula so I'm really happy despite being in 5th place in my group. Good luck to everyone battling for first & second place :D

insomniadreams88
09-07-16, 12:43 PM
At 7977 and in 7th place. 1st has 19493 and 2nd 15473, so I know there's no way I'll get the prize dragon. However, I should get Hula and I knew pretty early on I wouldn't come anywhere near 1st or 2nd, so it's been a pretty relaxed Leaderboard for me.

The good news is that these Leaderboards have been good for me Arctic Isles breeding-wise. Got 2 Snowangels and 1 Icecrown from breeding over there for points.

fhjigfrf
09-07-16, 01:43 PM
Ugh. I'm almost to 6000 points. It's going to be tough for me to get Aquamarine, much less Hula.

On the other hand, I've been in first place since day 1 and second place is still 2k points behind me. (I've boosted twice trying to get to Hula.) I don't even want Islander, I just want to get the last milestone.

If you want to know how I ended up in such an easy group - I didn't play during the last 2-3 leaderboard events once I got the milestone I wanted. I think I came in 12th once and then 18th twice. It seems to group you with other people who performed about the same.

insomniadreams88
09-07-16, 04:14 PM
Anyone else reach 8250, have the check mark under the Hula Dragon, but not have the dragon in storage?

Kennedward
09-07-16, 07:09 PM
Wow, many people got such high points already, with my limited playing time, I just managed to reach 5088 right now, so like I've previously said, I won't get the last prize for sure, and most likely not the 2nd last either

Kennedward
09-07-16, 07:12 PM
Ugh. I'm almost to 6000 points. It's going to be tough for me to get Aquamarine, much less Hula.

On the other hand, I've been in first place since day 1 and second place is still 2k points behind me. (I've boosted twice trying to get to Hula.) I don't even want Islander, I just want to get the last milestone.

If you want to know how I ended up in such an easy group - I didn't play during the last 2-3 leaderboard events once I got the milestone I wanted. I think I came in 12th once and then 18th twice. It seems to group you with other people who performed about the same.

Hm... I somehow doubt that's how the grouping works

Because I never boosted and always ended up at the bottom of the group, but my groups always have at least 2-3 players boosting, this time I even have 5.....

comeseecomesah
09-07-16, 07:34 PM
Agreed, it's the competition that's the problem really.

In all other events, it's possible for everyone to get the final prize by just playing alot (however, lately a lot more points are required, so some may even argue you still need to spend gold to get the final prize, but my point is still that in other events, it's possible for everyone participating to get the final prize)

In leaderboards, however, only 2 will get it, the rest will end up with maps, food, coins, either all 3, 2 or 1 out of all 3. That's where the problem lies.

Agreed!! Events up to recently have been attainable to all who participate (provided they planned well) and the emphasis has always been that events and their prizes are attainable without having the need to use gold...even tho some choose to do so. This is what we have been used to but gradually events are being made harder and some people have done the math on some events and worked out they are not achievable without gold. The leaderboard event is so different to any other event in that everyone can not have the prize.

Edit.. Some may say to those who won't or can't use gold ' well don't play then',but when you have been playing for years investing time and maybe some cash into it, making friends etc, it would be hard to leave, and the leaderboard is competitive whereas other events which we are used to have a good community aspect to them.

FireballFarm
09-07-16, 08:45 PM
Does anyone know where all the old leaderboard threads are located? I wanted to look something up and can't find a single one. I went through the last 10 pages of threads, saw old threads for all the other types of events, but none of the leaderboard ones. I do freely admit to sucking at searching this site, but I can't be that bad. :/ (that last part is definitely debatable...) Help, please! :)

zaccy678
09-07-16, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know where all the old leaderboard threads are located? I wanted to look something up and can't find a single one. I went through the last 10 pages of threads, saw old threads for all the other types of events, but none of the leaderboard ones. I do freely admit to sucking at searching this site, but I can't be that bad. :/ (that last part is definitely debatable...) Help, please! :)

Hi, check out the Dragon Story Game Guides (first section up top).

Al the events should be there :)

FireballFarm
09-07-16, 09:15 PM
Hi, check out the Dragon Story Game Guides (first section up top).

Al the events should be there :)
Aha! Knew they had to be somewhere! Thank you very much. :)

groovyedwin
09-07-16, 09:19 PM
Todays update. Benefiting from being in the lower half and getting more points on the spin for stuff wheel than the usual 25 or 26 per chest. Getting an average of about 100 per spin when I dont get palm trees. Definitely going to get the habitat and maybe Aquamarine dragon.

Current standings are:
1 - 28 057
2 - 20 755
3 - 19 709
4 - 12 069
5 - 11 805
6 - 10 067
7 - 9 524
8 - 9 236
9 - 8 946
10 - 8 691
11 - 8 546
----Hula Dragon at 8 250----
12 - 8 035
13 - 7 518
----Aquamarine Dragon at 7 200----
14 - 6 613
----Sunlit Shore Habitat at 6 200----
15 - 6 146
16 - 5 950
17 - 4 854
----Firefly Dragon at 4 600----
18 - 4 452
19 - 3 241
20 - 2 442
----Hammerhead Dragon at 2 100----

This may end up being the toughest group I have been in. The current toughest group was one where IIRC top 12 receive all individual prizes and top 18 received all but one individual prizes.

AliceWinter24
09-08-16, 12:07 AM
I hadn't gotten any points from the wheel for days, and I finally got some this morning, just to have them taken away a moment after ...

zaccy678
09-08-16, 03:48 AM
Only 24 more points and I'll get Hula - and not think about this event again!

I'm coming 13th so no point trying to get a placing ;)

Edit: Gah, it's 74 points lol! What's with the extra 50 added onto the 8.2k?!?!

JustKay
09-08-16, 04:42 AM
Hm... I somehow doubt that's how the grouping works

Because I never boosted and always ended up at the bottom of the group, but my groups always have at least 2-3 players boosting, this time I even have 5.....

I think it's not the only reason, but it does factor in. In my group the top few players have about 4-5 trophies for 1st or 2nd, like I do. I think other factors are like how many gold dragons they have, how much food they have (for food for points events) and how much gold they tend to spend on average. just some theories.