PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Thank You notes

mumofsonic
08-29-16, 11:50 AM
Can someone please explain to me what happened to the Thank You notes? I used to get loads, and deleted them at regular intervals. Then along came the challenge that finally used up some of the Thank You notes, and not only this challenge seems impossible to complete, as it takes ages to get the required pieces, but there don't seem to be any Thank You notes anymore. The major issue I am finding in this sudden change is that all the other items that I needed to spend months to accumulate to increase pantry size, shop stock levels etc. are now filling up my pantry and there is NO WAY I am going to delete them. So I am stuck with a pantry half full of items ready to be used for when the Thank You notes show up, except that they are not, and in the meantime, I am still accumulating bricks, shopping baskets, coupons etc. I am going to reach a level where I will have to stop playing the game altogether until dear Liam starts being thankful again. And I know what will happen. I will just lose interest in the game and stop playing. What an anticlimax.

Please readjust the Thank You note drop levels asap. It has just caused an imbalance in the game that will be its downfall.

ChefDona
08-29-16, 08:29 PM
Same here...what's going on?

Niire
08-30-16, 12:08 AM
Yeah...I am on a whole lot, and I have gotten 1 thank you note in the past 3 days...:/ I know this because I upgraded my pantry 3 days ago and ran myself out of notes doing so, and I have 1 in my pantry now. ><

kooky panda
08-30-16, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, I did check on this and the drop rate for the Thank You Notes have been lowered because the requirements for expansions have also been lowered .

gwennie316
08-30-16, 01:07 PM
that's true but the drop rate of Thank You Notes at this point is only good for the furniture maker

janeDough
08-30-16, 01:33 PM
What about increasing pantry size and stock at the markets? It looks like the requirements for those have not changed.

mumofsonic
08-31-16, 01:22 AM
Thank you notes are not only used for expansions. They are used for pantry size and stock increases as well, and it's not like they need a couple. At the moment I am in need of around 76 thank you notes and I'm not even looking at the expansion. Throw in the furniture maker, and you need many more. Please tell the developers to reconsider this drop rate.

silberbrunnen
09-01-16, 02:12 AM
Hey guys, I did check on this and the drop rate for the Thank You Notes have been lowered because the requirements for expansions have also been lowered .

It was easier to expand with the "old" requirements! I even stopped to cook for to go orders because I have too many bricks, baskets and so on. I used to get about 4-5 thank you notes a day. Now I'm happy if I get ONE in three days. I'm really sad about this, the game isn't fun anymore:( I really liked to cook for to go orders, but currently that doesn't make any sense for me and I freak out every time I see Liam dropping those stupid coins :(

kooky panda
09-01-16, 09:32 AM
I will pass over this feedback!

silberbrunnen
09-01-16, 11:50 PM
I will pass over this feedback!

Thank you so much kooky :) :) :)

ChefDona
09-03-16, 07:21 PM
Looks like Liam is getting more generous. I got 2 thank yous in one day so I'm hoping this is a new trend?

My mistake...back to 1 a day��

Fressie
09-04-16, 07:08 PM
This is ridiculous! TeamLava is starting to act a lot like the Three Bears Story, first too much then too little, they just simply cannot get it "just right" . I've deleted thank you notes (as I had to have done before to make room in my pantry) and then all of a sudden I've noticed no thank you notes in the last week or so. Come here to check and of course the drop rate have been lowered! I wish I have checked here before deleting them ☹️. Hoping they fix this soon.

mumofsonic
09-05-16, 01:04 AM
Has there been any news since feedback was passed to development ? Seriously, you can't do this to us. Players were used to a certain flow, then this came along and it interrupted this flow. I am in desperate need of thank you notes as I worked my way over MONTHS to increase my other supplies so that I can then just tidy up everything with the thank you notes. At this rate I am heading towards a stalemate in the game and I seriously do not want to have to delete months of stocking up on shopping baskets, coupons, mason jars etc. This is seriously frustrating.

kgp70282
09-05-16, 04:45 AM
Could we be able to store stuff to make room???

teest
09-06-16, 09:22 PM
I really can't believe there aren't more complaints here in this thread. This is a huge problem. I am level 44 and I thought it was just me. I unistalled and reinstalled the game 3 or 4 times thinking it was a bug or fluke. Please change this back to the way it was with the thank you note drop rate!

merlin3108
09-07-16, 03:21 PM
Finally got enough items to expand my pantry (ended up paying money to get some shelves since I get at least twice as many jars as shelves). All I needed were 4 more thank you notes... That was 12 days ago... Ever since then I got a total of 2!!! thank you notes! Something is seriously wrong with this drop rate.... S8 please reconsider that change... For me the resolution for the thank you notes issue had been resolved with the new tasks for the furniture items... Now I will certainly not use any more notes for those tasks if it takes 6 days to get one simple note!

Fressie
09-07-16, 05:21 PM
I stopped using the appliance to design furniture for this very same reason, not enough notes! Seriously, what is wrong with the developers? They just come with the craziest ideas to "solve" problems with the game. They are fixing things that are not needed to be fixed. Instead they should do something about the storage issue!

ladyknightkeladry
09-07-16, 09:07 PM
Yeah, this drop rate definitely needs to get fixed. I've got the 44 coupons and shopping baskets needed to expand Jack's store, and I can't get rid of them bc I'm waiting on 22 more Thank You notes. That's a lot of space taken up by expansion requirements and it's definitely affecting game play, especially bc I can't stock up on actual ingredients for the recipes I need to make.

ChefDona
09-08-16, 08:26 AM
At the rate of one thank you per day it takes a long time to get anything! Pantry is full of parts instead of ingredients!

sanya87
09-08-16, 08:41 AM
I stopped to produce furniture since I can't get the last two things I need and can't afford to throw thank you notes like that anymore... I wish they change the rate as it used to be :(

Fressie
09-09-16, 08:58 AM
Any news on this? Are they going to fix it soon?

pally101
09-12-16, 09:04 PM
[] I get maybe one dropping a day, and if I use that for the 24 hour stove to get the last item I need I'm left with none to save up for the 33 I need to upgrade my fruit stand. Devs really didn't think this one through....

mumofsonic
09-13-16, 10:20 AM
Considering that this post has been up for a while and feedback was passed to the developers a while back, with no changes since then, and no other reply, I have come to assume that this change is here to stay, which for me spells the end of playing Bakery Story 2. The only way forward is to empty out the pantry of all the items I have been storing for months, by deleting them, and thus reducing all my past efforts to nil, and then wait for entire months in order to accumulate enough thank you notes and items together as needed. It will be a very slow and painful process, not quite what I had in mind when I thought I'd install a game to have a bit of fun. I don't understand how other players are not screaming and shouting about this issue. I don't think I have the patience to wait for about a year to increase my stock inventory and pantry size.

ChefDona
09-13-16, 11:40 AM
Screaming appears to have no effect around here! Begging doesn't seem to work either! Please give us more thank you notes. Maybe a polite request will work?

VanaCatu
09-14-16, 06:50 AM
Thank You Notes

This problem is also major one (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93838-Where-are-the-Thank-You-notes) due to recent updates and changes.
I understand that we are asking now for completely different thing than we did year ago, but year ago the game was just released, and we had not so many factors involved.
In view of enlarged usage of Thank You Notes, this problem absolutely has to be solved somehow. Here are some ways to do it:
(a) increase drop rate from Liam;
(b) OR reduce requirements of TY Notes for Expansions, Pantry Upgrades and Grocers Stock Upgrades;
(c) OR include TY Notes as rewards for Goals (Regular or Timed/Limited).

jao1961
09-14-16, 02:53 PM
Yes I agree! I've tried several table arrangements and wow I just need to expand!! My bakery is full on one side of ovens the other side is fruit trees and ovens! The third is Jacks furniture and the fancy ingredient box . I took out the cute girl rolling dough just no room. I have blueprints and bricks but still need 11 thank you notes to expand! Right now I have tables in a U shape with over 10 counters of food in the middle. I took out tables then they complain very unhappy! How are we to expand without ty notes! And the pantry and she quantity of store items and Jacks furniture needs to notes! I have only gotten 1 in over a week omg!!!!!! The ratio is off plz fix! How are we supposed to fit all the ovens in a tiny bakery! Especially when we cannot put them in storage???

Rynetory2
09-15-16, 04:49 AM
Hey Everyone,

All of you have given very good and valid feedback on this. I'm moving this thread to the Suggestion and Feedback forum so it's better seen by the Storm8 team. Hopefully we'll get more Thank you notes soon! Please feel free to give your feedback. Thanks.

infinitelove19
09-22-16, 04:50 AM
Hey Everyone,

All of you have given very good and valid feedback on this. I'm moving this thread to the Suggestion and Feedback forum so it's better seen by the Storm8 team. Hopefully we'll get more Thank you notes soon! Please feel free to give your feedback. Thanks.

Adding my voice to the crowd. I noticed the change immediately & completely stopped making furniture as it takes 1 note per day. Even though I collect from Liam 5+ times per day I only receive about 1 note per day. This leaves my choices at having zero notes in my possession & making furniture, or, as I have opted to do, I make absolutely no furniture, yet still don't have enough to expand my pantry or restaurant or stores. If not for lack of notes, I would be able to do 2 of these, but as it is, I cannot.

We probably need a temporary increase of 3-4x for a couple of weeks, then it can be dropped to about 2.3x the current rate.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

infinitelove19
09-23-16, 05:11 PM
Adding my voice to the crowd. I noticed the change immediately & completely stopped making furniture as it takes 1 note per day. Even though I collect from Liam 5+ times per day I only receive about 1 note per day. This leaves my choices at having zero notes in my possession & making furniture, or, as I have opted to do, I make absolutely no furniture, yet still don't have enough to expand my pantry or restaurant or stores. If not for lack of notes, I would be able to do 2 of these, but as it is, I cannot.

We probably need a temporary increase of 3-4x for a couple of weeks, then it can be dropped to about 2.3x the current rate.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Looks like they changed it earlier today. Yay!!! Thanks!!! :-)

ladyknightkeladry
09-24-16, 08:25 PM
Looks like they changed it earlier today. Yay!!! Thanks!!! :-)

I've noticed it too! I've gotten 3-5 in the last couple days and finally got enough to expand Jack's Shop, which opened up ~70 spots in my pantry for other things :) Thanks S8!

mumofsonic
09-25-16, 01:18 PM
Can someone please confirm this? I have had about 3 yesterday but today not even one.

gangstagran
09-28-16, 09:09 AM
My thank you note drop is about one every two days or so. The whole thing doesn't make sense, they give you a way to use your excess of the notes then severely reduce the number dropped. Oh well, it's only a game ��

StoxMan
10-11-16, 08:32 PM
I'm getting about 1 Thank you note per day, and it's severely hurting the overall gameplay. I hope they will consider reverting to prior levels.

I'd also like to see Thank You notes NOT count in the pantry total, as the pantry is always full now, due to having so many of the other items, but not enough of the Thank You notes, to do anything with them.

Lastly, I wish you would create a way to only delete ONE (or more) of each item in the pantry when need be... instead of having to delete the entire quantity of the item. Nobody wants to delete an entire lot. I believe you have this option in some of your other games. Why not this one too ?

Thanks very much for your consideration.

CammoAmmo
10-12-16, 11:24 AM
I wish they would revert to the old format of just thank you notes from Liam as then you could simply plan how many you needed and when you had to delete them. Now it is impossible to delete any because it takes so long to get them back. I've never had a problem where the thank you notes were the things holding me back, but I have two things ready to upgrade with not enough thank you notes for even one of them.

mumofsonic
10-17-16, 01:42 AM
Is it too much to ask for the developers to give us some feedback about this? I have almost stopped playing the game. I'm obviously no longer using the furniture maker. I have stopped delivering to-go orders (except when I needed to because of the challenge). Because I am not delivering to-go orders, I have stopped using the fruit trees, smoothie makers, and half of the appliances. I am getting sick and tired of making caramel and chocolate ganache for the SBC. There is no versatility there. It's always the same 8 or so recipes, and half of them need a mountain of caramel. So basically, all I'm doing at the moment is making caramel, delivering SBC orders, collecting keys and collecting coins from Liam. I got one lousy thank you note in three days. The waste of time is insane. I am not going to spend a year on this game to collect enough notes for one expansion of anything. Paying real money for the thank you notes is out of the question. I already refuse to pay money for gems that I lose every five minutes to sugar and what not, I am not paying for something that was intentionally removed by the developers. I have been hanging on for these couple of months to see if something changes, but I will soon be bidding you all farewell if the game stays at it is. It has become insanely boring, even with all the challenges in the world.

ethan1brothers
10-25-16, 02:44 PM
a lot of people who had complained for a few years that you were getting too many notes because it was ****ing those with small to moderate inventories off for example I had to delete about 100 or so notes every week or two as it ****ed inventory space
However it seems storm 8 has slowed it down too much.....

But thats why it slowed down originally because most players asked for it ..........

Citrie
10-28-16, 06:08 AM
So being a newer player, it looks like I missed when Thank You Notes dropped like rain. They drop painfully slow for me and in no consistent pattern. Sometimes I will get 1 note a day, other times it will be 1 note every 3-4 days. The only free floor spaces in my bakery is the small path for customers to walk on...it's really cramped due to not getting notes frequently enough to expand. I can't place any decorations out on the floor (which is a shame because so many are cute!)

I think the drop rate needs to be increased again, and since we cannot delete items like in RS2, a good compromise until that feature is hopefully added is to make notes not count as part of storage. That way players who dont need as many notes wont be bothered with the increased drop rate, and newer players can finally build up their bakery.

ethan1brothers
11-08-16, 10:17 PM
yes that's what they should of done in the first place was make expansion items not count as inventory

Ali03Jah07
11-09-16, 03:40 PM
a lot of people who had complained for a few years that you were getting too many notes because it was ****ing those with small to moderate inventories off for example I had to delete about 100 or so notes every week or two as it ****ed inventory space
However it seems storm 8 has slowed it down too much.....

But thats why it slowed down originally because most players asked for it ..........

Next time think again before you ask for a downgrade. It never bothered me to have a lot of thank you note's. If you have too much just toss them out.

Efia82
01-24-18, 06:44 PM
I?m still having issues with thank you notes. I get 1 maybe once a week. Are the developers going to fix this issue?

Ali03Jah07
03-21-18, 01:13 AM
I?m still having issues with thank you notes. I get 1 maybe once a week. Are the developers going to fix this issue?

I think developers have stoped with this game some time ago.
Nothing is updated for more than a year