PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 8/25 Update - A Fiery, Foxy Box | + redeem gift! *EXPIRED*

Pages : [1] 2

SpiritWind00
08-25-16, 04:26 AM
A Fiery, Foxy Box - gem purchase only

* There is no quest attached to this week's update.
* A Fiery Box is chopped in 1 action and drops a random selection of at least 1 of the items listed below. If you are maxed on an item you will not receive it.

* There are ONLY 2 ways to get the fox:

1. use gems to buy fur (15 gems each) and then craft the fox in the workshop - this will cost you 1125 gems; or
2. take a chance and use gems to buy Fiery Mystery Boxes in the Market and hope for either fur (which don't drop every time) or the Fox.

Hey there! Yes, it is a chance of getting a fire fur from the Fiery Box. If you prefer to not go the chance route, it is 15 Gems per Fire Fur through the Workshop. If you decide to use only Gems, it will be a total of 1125 Gems to craft the Fire Fox. Hope that clears it up a little bit.

update!

Hey everyone!

Heads up that we're pushing out a few updates for this content.

The duration of the Fiery Mystery Box and the associated craft to get the Fire Fox have been extended to 8/31 @ 11:30pm
Additionally, based on everyone's feedback regarding the pricing compared to the drops, we've decided to increase the chops to 2.
As a thank you for your continued support of Castle Story, we're giving everyone Level 10+ a few free Fiery Mystery Boxes! Log in to complete the quest any time between now and 8/31 @ 11:30pm to collect your free boxes!

Thank you everyone for playing Castle Story! Good luck with your boxes and the rest of the Desert Nights event! :)

Be aware that the purchase of this item, like all items, is completely optional and the drops are random. I appreciate the comments in this post and have reproduced it here so you can make an informed choice....
I'm happy to see that also negative opinions and warnings are also accepted on the forum as personal opinions and experience. I do believe players should be able to read the "pros" and the "cons" of all and any arguments if they are interested.

Yes.. there is the possibility of finding a Fox in the gift box with 1chop.. but it's a chance of 1 out of 117 as reported by player.

No.. it's not true as pop-up says "get a RARE drop with every chop" ... as apples, whips, boar tusks, etc... are normal daily drops... and remember... nothing if you are maxed on those items given!

"Beware of Fox Traps" warning to other players is more than justified and welcomed.. so each player can judge and measure their own risk of obtaining nothing even though spending 50Gems.. thus concluding and not blaming, or being surprised.. of their choice.

Good Luck for those who try.. and happy playing for those who don't.

The Fire Fox drops the following:

Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Coins
Gems
Dragon Scales
Energy
Orange Petal
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Milk

Link to Pictures from Shibuya Cloth - click here! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93758-Castle-Story-8-25-Update-A-Fiery-Foxy-Box-(TIMED-OPTIONAL)&p=1336501&viewfull=1#post1336501)

It's quite the list. Here's the items that the Fiery Mystery Box can drop. :)

Fire Fox
Fire Fur
Fire Lily
Spellbound Dew
Red Flower Bed
Red Banner
Bonfire
Fire Faerie Statue
Energy
Wood
Sap
Glimmerdust
Living Wood
Magic Fruit
Coal
Iron Ore
Silver Ore
Jewels
Mithril
Mermaid Scales
White Petal
Blue Petal
Orange Petal
Red Petal
Purple Petal
Hide
Wool
Faerie Jar
Manticore Whisker
Mysterious Venom
Rat Tail
Fur
Bone
Creep Tooth
Stone Block
Fancy Block
Royal Block
Enchanted Block
Wooden Beam
Fancy Beam
Royal Beam
Enchanted Beam
Builder's Paste
Architect's Paste
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Lumin Essence
Enchanter's Essence
Purple Dye
Ivy's Hot Sauce
Earth Wisp
Wisp Lantern
Syrup
Flour
Cake
Sugar
Bread
Grits
Royal Sundae
Hearty Stew
Breaded Fish
Pasta
Noodles
Simple Feast
Hearty Feast
Spicy Feast
Sweet Feast
Blue Dye
Longsword
Mushroom
Red Dye
Yellow Dye
White Dye
Fey Crystal
Apple
Orange
Lemon
Prime Cut
Truffle
Bacon
Golden Nugget
Golden Apple
Golden Egg
Lemonade
Orange Cobbler
Apple Pie
Adamant
Ice Cream
Ornate Block
Ornate Beam
Magic Cement
Chocolate
Trade Ticket
Expansion Permit
Dragon Scales
Glimmer Shard
Glimmer Fragments
Faeriebulb Seeds
Mythic Essence
Floral Glow
Vital Extract
Dark Seeds
Boar Pelt
Boar Tusks
Feral Magic
Baked Butterfish
Catfish Soup
Mercury Feast
Troll Club
Sentry Horn
Woven Cloth
Allergy Potion
Faerie Offering
Smoked Fish Sandwiches
Faerie Beam
Faerie Block
Faerie Essence

sourp4tch
08-25-16, 10:30 AM
Forest critters come in many shapes and sizes! I've seen quite a few in my day... Recline with me, and I shall tell you of one such creature! Every so often, the summer days get so hot, they say it even spurns new life. Fall looms ever closer, and with it a cooler breeze. Only with the union of the sun's beating rays, and the wind's chilling breath will this creature wander the Glimmerwood once more. Xanthic fur will lead the way!

[==Update requires Level 10+, and is live from 08/25 until 08/31 @ 11:30pm. There are no quests associated with this update.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: FIREFOX

hagypagy
08-25-16, 12:07 PM
Fiery Mystery Box
"Summer's heating up! Chop open for resources and a chance for a fiery surprise!"

Really?!? ... A resource box for 50 gems with only a chance to get the firefox!! :(
Must have stuff to help finish those still working on the Desert Nights event.
No thanks

Was all excited for another event...
Should've known it was too good to be true haha

Also the Gold Mine is no longer in the market! :(
Maybe a good thing ... was almost about to spend $30 to get one next pay.

Snake Charmer is down to 200 gems now too.

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 12:20 PM
Chop for resources like 1 wood, fancy stone block, spellbound dew, or even a magic cement lol
Found new things: 1 sap, 1 red flower box, 1 spicy feast, Ice cream !!!
So it might be anything you could get but only 1 each type. Pass !

sunnygirl634
08-25-16, 12:29 PM
There is a new craft in the Workshop for a Fire Fox:

Requires 75 Fire Furs (from Fiery Box) and 15,000 coins. Craft time 1 hour.

1 Fire Fur is 15 gems. So you could purchase all 75 Furs for 1125 gems!

ladyperidot
08-25-16, 12:33 PM

I just saw this too. Anyone know how many fire furs you get per box? This sounds like a very gem-expensive critter.

With no idea as to what it will contribute to my Queendom, I'll probably pass!

coolssp
08-25-16, 12:35 PM

This is sooo wrong :( no quest just spend gems

dragon2046
08-25-16, 12:35 PM
I just saw this too. Anyone know how many fire furs you get per box? This sounds like a very gem-expensive critter.

With no idea as to what it will contribute to my Queendom, I'll probably pass!

Yes I got 1. :/. Clearly there must be more places to get the fur. Lol p

dragon2046
08-25-16, 12:45 PM
Box also drops earth whisp, lanterns, gold nugget, Apple, fur, architect paste and apple pie.

sail147
08-25-16, 12:46 PM
I just bought the box and got one expansion permit!

gilachaya
08-25-16, 12:46 PM
I bought a fiery box. I got 1 earth wisp.

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 12:48 PM

50Gems for 1 FoxTail???
it says we need 75!!!
total = 3750Gems for a Fox?????

SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG :eek:

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 12:48 PM

Aw, come on! Who would spend 1125 gems purchasing the 75 furs???!!?!! How boring, and there is no challenge in that....But now buying 75 BOXES for 3750 gems, now that is what I call FUN!!! Love this update! Happy chopping everyone! I'm off to the bank now!

ladyperidot
08-25-16, 12:50 PM

It don't know. I can't check my work shops right now as they are busy, but I thought it said "from the box" under the fur!

katbtodd
08-25-16, 12:50 PM
Aw, come on! Who would spend 1125 gems purchasing the 75 furs???!!?!! How boring, and there is no challenge in that....But now buying 75 BOXES for 3750 gems, now that is what I call FUN!!! Love this update! Happy chopping everyone! I'm off to the bank now!

Laughing so hard here thanks. I was drinking water and about spit it out ,

katbtodd
08-25-16, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking , not many kingdoms we'll have this fox !!!!! It best be dropping gems

dragon2046
08-25-16, 12:55 PM
Ok so where does the fire fur come from ? We need 75. 50 gems for one box to drop 1 fur! p u can buy them for 15 gems each. But there has to be another source ! I've slayed a bore, skunkupine and a fang beast. Nothing. I've collected from all my buildings and nothing. :/.

Britilina
08-25-16, 12:56 PM
Spent 50 gems on a Spellbound Dew and a piece of Iron. *headdesk*

jopik
08-25-16, 12:58 PM
You can get the Fox from chopping the box!!! IF YOURE LUCKY!!!

dragon2046
08-25-16, 01:00 PM
You can get the Fox from chopping the box!!! IF YOURE LUCKY!!!

Really ? Did u actually get one ? Cuz it only dropped 1 fox fur for me. :/

katbtodd
08-25-16, 01:00 PM
Ok so where does the fire fur come from ? We need 75. 50 gems for one box to drop 1 fur! p u can buy them for 15 gems each. But there has to be another source ! I've slayed a bore, skunkupine and a fang beast. Nothing. I've collected from all my buildings and nothing. :/.

I did the same thing, nothing for me

Radegast1
08-25-16, 01:01 PM
Says timed optional event. must not have started yet

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 01:02 PM
In workshop, it says the fur comes from the new box so it might be the only source :(

Sandybellee
08-25-16, 01:04 PM
If we can only get 1 fur from 1 box or buy them for 15 gems a pop at the workshop, this is beyond ridiculous. Hoping there's something else coming...

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 01:06 PM
So no pop-up or explanation? Just happened to go to workshop and there it is. Weird!!!

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 01:06 PM
What does the fire fox give? Fast browsing web pages ? ;)

flowerqueen007
08-25-16, 01:07 PM

You dont get a fur with every box, i bought one and got one truffle and no fur so your calculations might be wrong :rolleyes:

Radegast1
08-25-16, 01:08 PM
chopped a box and got a message "cant hold anymore faeriebulb seeds

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 01:08 PM
Don't know if anyone cares, but I just got a fur from a level 10 colosseum. It's not a fire fur yet, but trying to light it now..

flowerqueen007
08-25-16, 01:10 PM
The only box i intend to buy gave me one truffle and NO fur, Fur does not appear guaranteed

Solientus
08-25-16, 01:11 PM
Don't know if anyone cares, but I just got a fur from a level 10 colosseum. It's not a fire fur yet, but trying to light it now..

What does the fire fox give? Fast browsing web pages ? ;)

You guys made me lol irl!

ladyperidot

LOL. I have lots of those Xmas elves. Maybe if you rub two of them together you can make the fur a fire fur!

dragon2046

Lol LMAO. If it works let me know. P

Sandybellee

Lol! Yes, I think we can all have 75 fire furs in no time with a little help from our dragons.

oliverrr11
You dont get a fur with every box, i bought one and got one truffle and no fur so your calculations might be wrong :rolleyes:

I get a truffle from a pig from time to time

dfmomcat
08-25-16, 01:12 PM

LOL funny. Want to borrow my lighter?

jopik
08-25-16, 01:13 PM

My awesome "rich" nbr bought and chopped tons of those new gift boxes- he chopped them all and got lots of materials and decos.
He wrote he got the fox, the faerie statue, banners, flower box, fire lily and can't remember what else he wrote on his wall but I remember seeing the fox - its kinda cute and the size is good too)
Im not so lucky neither i am rich so I might pass this time on this update ... unless theres an alternative way to get the materials to craft the new fox... Not interested in other decos)

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 01:14 PM
The only box i intend to buy gave me one truffle and NO fur, Fur does not appear guaranteed

As I reported in the other thread, I got a truffle from a pig once or twice...

dragon2046
08-25-16, 01:14 PM
My awesome "rich" nbr bought and chopped tons of those new gift boxes- he chopped them all and got lots of materials and decos.
He wrote he got the fox, the faerie statue, banners, flower box, fire lily and can't remember what else he wrote on his wall but I remember seeing the fox - its kinda cute and the size is good too)
Im not so lucky neither i am rich so I might pass this time on this update ... unless theres an alternative way to get the materials to craft the new fox... Not interested in other decos)

Thank u. At least we know it's possible. Lol. :)

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 01:19 PM

so will be even MORE than 3750Gems?! maybe double?! 7500Gems?! now that's what I classify "chicken food" ...not worthwhile for human use. there must be a mistake somewhere.

S8.. is this a glitch, bug, typo mistake or something of it's type?

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 01:23 PM
1 mermaid scale. Well! I don't like the gambling aspect of it. It's ok for ppl who are in control and or can afford it but some ppl just can't help themselves and before they know it they've blown all their gold and spending money they shouldn't. Naughty! Be strong lol....I tell myself haha

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 01:25 PM
1 mermaid scale. Well! I don't like the gambling aspect of it. It's ok for ppl who are in control and or can afford it but some ppl just can't help themselves and before they know it they've blown all their gold and spending money they shouldn't. Naughty! Be strong lol....I tell myself haha

I got a mermaid scale from a pond once

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 01:32 PM

Ha haa u lucky !

zyfazix
08-25-16, 01:42 PM
Brb, putting a code on my Play account to prevent accidental purchases. Ridiculous promos like this one don't deserve my money :D

kattkrazie
08-25-16, 01:44 PM
I chopped a box and got a message that I'm full of boar tusks. I already knew that. Didn't need to spend 50 gems for that information. I have plenty of gems, but not going to use them for this fiasco.

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 01:48 PM
I chopped a box and got a message that I'm full of boar tusks. I already knew that. Didn't need to spend 50 gems for that information. I have plenty of gems, but not going to use them for this fiasco.

I got a boar tusk from a boar once

freddy1343
08-25-16, 01:51 PM

I bought one , too and got an ornate block. Now I'm wondering if there is a difference between the "fiery box" that provides tails and the "fiery Mystery box" that costs an arm and leg and makes you want your limb back:)

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 01:53 PM
so will be even MORE than 3750Gems?! maybe double?! 7500Gems?! now that's what I classify "chicken food" ...not worthwhile for human use. there must be a mistake somewhere.

S8.. is this a glitch, bug, typo mistake or something of it's type?

Hey there! Yes, it is a chance of getting a fire fur from the Fiery Box. If you prefer to not go the chance route, it is 15 Gems per Fire Fur through the Workshop. If you decide to use only Gems, it will be a total of 1125 Gems to craft the Fire Fox. Hope that clears it up a little bit.

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 01:54 PM
I got a boar tusk from a boar once

I get a truffle from a pig from time to time
Thanks for the info! So we get materials worth 50 gems each once in a while :D It does make me feel wonderful if I see a mermaid pop out from a pond lol

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 01:54 PM
I don't understand this one at all. Why not just put the Firefox in the market for gems? Or make it a special 'prize' with the purchase of gems? Did we not spend enough money on the golden mine and enchanted dew blossom? Unless there is a way to craft, collect or win fire fur, this isn't an update, it's just another item for sale.
For 50 gems each there should be a guarantee of multiple fire furs per box, not just a maybe. Does anyone even know yet what, if anything, the fox does/drops?

.... Ziiiippp....that's the sound of the purse strings tightening back up! I believe I will pass.

dragon2046
08-25-16, 01:55 PM

OMG has S8 losts their minds ???? I really thought there would be another source of these fire tails. Wow! :/

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 01:58 PM
Hey there! Yes, it is a chance of getting a fire fur from the Fiery Box. If you prefer to not go the chance route, it is 15 Gems per Fire Fur through the Workshop. If you decide to use only Gems, it will be a total of 1125 Gems to craft the Fire Fox. Hope that clears it up a little bit.thanks for clearing that :)

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 02:00 PM
.... Ziiiippp....that's the sound of the purse strings tightening back up! I believe I will pass. it sounds like your purse closed up slowly. Mine just made a sound "zp" ;)

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:01 PM
Thank you to SparklyOctopus for the explanation.. being a differnt type of event from what we usually do.. everything just did not make sense. Thank you for clearing up doubts and quick answer.
May I ask what the FireFox offers? Or is this a surprise?

cmgermaine
08-25-16, 02:01 PM
Bought a box... GOT ONE MUSHROOM.... seriously?? Disappointed

katbtodd
08-25-16, 02:02 PM
OMG has S8 losts their minds ???? I really thought there would be another source of these fire tails. Wow! :/

Thinking this is not good ,it's only going to get worse. Greed!!!!! The fox isn't even that cute

Sandybellee
08-25-16, 02:03 PM
Um... What?!? So the cheapest way to get the fox really is 1125 gems? For one tiny speck of a pixel fox! No thanks!

On the plus side, now I feel like spending 520 gems for the gold mine was a bargain! ;)

parlski
08-25-16, 02:09 PM
chopped a box and got a message "cant hold anymore faeriebulb seeds

this has got to be one of the more discouraging things. :(

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 02:10 PM
I don't understand this one at all. Why not just put the Firefox in the market for gems? Or make it a special 'prize' with the purchase of gems? Did we not spend enough money on the golden mine and enchanted dew blossom? Unless there is a way to craft, collect or win fire fur, this isn't an update, it's just another item for sale.
For 50 gems each there should be a guarantee of multiple fire furs per box, not just a maybe. Does anyone even know yet what, if anything, the fox does/drops?

.... Ziiiippp....that's the sound of the purse strings tightening back up! I believe I will pass.

Hey there! The Fire Fox drops the following:

Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Coins
Gems
Dragon Scales
Energy
Orange Petal
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Milk

scotslassuk
08-25-16, 02:10 PM
Ok well I will be PASSING!! This is fast becoming Pay to Play I've lost numerous nbrs now and if this continues I will be following them!! S8 come on!!! Do we not pay enough?? We have billions in useless coins we could have used them! You should be paying us with a gift of the Fox!! Seriously annoyed and yes it's OPTIONAL well thankfully I have enough restraint to OPT OUT!!😡😡

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 02:12 PM
Thx for clarifying a lil bit but.. If we decide to use only Gems?? Um...what other choice is there? LOL

Clark_Wayne
08-25-16, 02:16 PM
i like the animal but no way i'm spending so many gems ;)

Queenzod
08-25-16, 02:17 PM
I try to not be too judgmental as a general rule, but I gotta say this is the stupidest thing I've ever encountered.

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:17 PM
i need donald trump stat! he needs to build a wall around my wallet as soon as possible!!!

and you guys were doing so well there for a bit.....sigh

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 02:20 PM

Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Coins
Gems
Dragon Scales
Energy
Orange Petal
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Milk
Soooo...it would appear that the Armored Fire Dragon mated with the Fox from the Baron's Tent, in a field of Fire Lilies, beside a faerie. lol

For 1125 Gems, minimum, I'd think it would drop ONLY Gems or Energy, every hour!... The Alicorn only costs 600 Gems (& sometimes goes on sale).
This is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over-priced.

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 02:20 PM
Thx for clarifying a lil bit but.. If we decide to use only Gems?? Um...what other choice is there? LOL

My apologies. I meant to write if you decide to go with the not chance route and purchase the Fire Furs through the Workshop, the total would be 1125 Gems.

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:26 PM

very disappointing Katt, I can imagine.. drops should have been 'always special' spending 50gems, instead of receiving what we collect daily... even if no tails nor Foxes were collected.

kattkrazie
08-25-16, 02:26 PM
Everyone, step away slowly from your devices. Do not heed the siren call of a seductively titled 'mystery box'. This must be Betrayal - Part 2.

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:31 PM
instead of a fox, could we get a super cow or chicken? like click once on the super cow and get tons of milk or eggs? so we can put some away and have more room?

or could we please store that huge roost if we are done with the quest ( the big grey one thats part of the story)

a fox? of all the things , and for the price!! omg i want that cool aid your drinking over there!!

p.s oh and that 4x4 waterfall would look great with all the naga drops....:rolleyes:

arikasi
08-25-16, 02:32 PM
Sparkly octopus, what are the possible contents of the box that costs 50 gems?

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:33 PM
Everyone, step away slowly from your devices. Do not heed the siren call of a seductively titled 'mystery box'. This must be Betrayal - Part 2.

lol! first u spend.. then u continue the quest. now.. who's betraying who? the answer is in the box! lol!

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:34 PM

katbtodd
Thinking they made a mistake it should be 5 gems a box not 50

oliverrr11

This was answered here already. A mushroom.

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:35 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus http://forums.storm8.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=1336473#post1336473)

Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Coins
Gems
Dragon Scales
Energy
Orange Petal
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Milk

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:36 PM

personally.. I did think so too!

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:36 PM

maybe....will be corrected in three weeks. AFTER people buy the boxes though....

ShibuyaCloth
08-25-16, 02:37 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb702077.png_2v_31020.png
Fiery Mystery Box (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FieryMysteryBox)
Info: Summer's heating up! Chop for resources and a chane for a fiery surprise!
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 50 gems
Drops: Fire Fox, Fire Fur, Fire Lily, Spellbound Dew, Red Flower Bed, Red Banner, Bonfire, Fire Faerie Statue, Energy, Wood, Sap, Glimmerdust, Living Wood, Magic Fruit, Coal, Iron Ore, Silver Ore, Jewels, Mithril, Mermaid Scales, White Petal, Blue Petal, Orange Petal, Red Petal, Purple Petal, Hide, Wool, Faerie Jar, Manticore Whisker, Mysterious Venom, Rat Tail, Fur, Bone, Creep Tooth, Stone Block, Fancy Block, Royal Block, Enchanted Block, Wooden Beam, Fancy Beam, Royal Beam, Enchanted Beam, Builder's Paste, Architect's Paste, Simple Glue, Super Glue, Lumin Essence, Enchanter's Essence, Purple Dye, Ivy's Hot Sauce, Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern, Syrup, Flour, Cake, Sugar, Bread, Grits, Royal Sundae, Hearty Stew, Breaded Fish, Pasta, Noodles, Simple Feast, Hearty Feast, Spicy Feast, Sweet Feast, Blue Dye, Longsword, Mushroom, Red Dye, Yellow Dye, White Dye, Fey Crystal, Apple, Orange, Lemon, Prime Cut, Truffle, Bacon, Golden Nugget, Golden Apple, Golden Egg, Lemonade, Orange Cobbler, Apple Pie, Adamant, Ice Cream, Ornate Block, Ornate Beam, Magic Cement, Chocolate, Trade Ticket, Expansion Permit, Dragon Scales, Glimmer Shard, Glimmer Fragments, Faeriebulb Seeds, Mythic Essence, Floral Glow, Vital Extract, Dark Seeds, Boar Pelt, Boar Tusks, Feral Magic, Baked Butterfish, Catfish Soup, Mercury Feast, Troll Club, Sentry Horn, Woven Cloth, Allergy Potion, Faerie Offering, Smoked Fish Sandwiches, Faerie Beam, Faerie Block, Faerie Essence
Events: A Fiery, Foxy Box - August 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93758
Comments: Can be cleared in 1 actions

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb906080.png_2v_31020.png
Fire Fox (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FireFox)
Source: Crafting
Crafted in: Workshop
Requirements: 75 Fire Furs, 15000 Coins
Drops: Fire Furs, Coal, Jewels, Longsword, Light Armor, Earth Wisp, Coins, Gems, Dragon Scales, Energy, Orange Petal, Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Fey Crystal, Milk
Comments: Bring a brand new Fire Fox to your kingdom!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50666.png_2v_31020.png
Fire Furs (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FireFurs)
Info: Gather lots of Fire Furs to make a Fire Fox!
Type: Material
Source: Event
Requirements: 15 gems
Found: Fiery Mystery Box
Cap: 99

netwiz3
08-25-16, 02:39 PM

Does this remind anybody else of people asking Magic8 ball questions and always getting great insightful answers?...

Like "Answer unclear, ask again later". :rolleyes:

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:40 PM
Fiery Mystery Box (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FieryMysteryBox)
Drops: Fire Furs, Coal, Jewels, Longsword, Light Armor, Earth Wisp, Coins, Gems, Dragon Scales, Energy, Orange Petal, Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Fey Crystal, Milk

i think the fox looks the best right here....on this post....forever.....not even going to try and kidnap him.....yeap......hes staying right here in these forums.

NorthWoodsKingdom
cyndora & ShibuyaCloth ~
You guys are confusing drops.
The drops posted by SparklyOctopus are for the Fire FOX, not the mystery fiery BOX. LOL

I'm feeling a Dr. Seuss rhyme coming on.... Lolol!

GlvtenFree
can s8 please clarify what the box can drop? can it drop a firefox? not just firefurs but the FOX

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 02:41 PM

Sparkly, fiery mystery box seems to be capped at 99. What if we want more than that?

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:41 PM

http://forums.storm8.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus http://forums.storm8.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=1336473#post1336473)

Coal
Jewels
Longsword
Light Armor
Earth Wisp
Coins
Gems
Dragon Scales
Energy
Orange Petal
Fur
Rat Tail
Creep Tooth
Fey Crystal
Milk

These are the FireFox drops as stated? Or the possible contents of the MisteryBox? Or are they both the same?

edit: ok questions answered.. it's all posted in the explanation table.

HarleyBrat119
08-25-16, 02:43 PM
OMGosh! You are all ****ING me! If I were to post quotes mine would be 5 pages long. I am laughing so hard my face & stomach hurt! Thanks I REALLY needed it :-)

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:44 PM
cyndora & ShibuyaCloth ~
The drops posted by SparklyOctopus are for the Fire FOX, not the mystery fiery box. LOL

the fox says what?.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry about that, in my confusion and bewilderment i most certainly did confuse the two lol
still not buying it though....:)

arikasi
08-25-16, 02:45 PM
That is the list of what the fox drops. I am asking what are the possible contents of the box?

For instance:
Is the fox a possible drop? What deco can the box drop?

mikepastry
08-25-16, 02:47 PM
I am a rather new player (have been playing for less than a year) but this is the craziest offer I've seen in castle story! Wow, 1125 !!!!! Gems for a fox?!

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 02:49 PM
the fox says what?.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry about that, in my confusion and bewilderment i most certainly did confuse the two lol

What does the fox say? Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow

katbtodd
08-25-16, 02:50 PM

But theres one sound
That no one knows
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
What the fox say?

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
What the fox say?

Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
What the fox say?

Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
What the fox say?

Big blue eyes
Pointy nose
Chasing mice
and digging holes

Tiny paws
Up the hill
Suddenly youre standing still

Your fur is red
So beautiful
Like an angel in disguise

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 02:52 PM
I am a rather new player (have been playing for lass than a year) but this is the craziest offer I've seen in castle story! Wow, 1125 !!!!! Gems for a fox?!
Yes, but it's a fox who may or may not come from a box.
It might be a fox who eats Pop Rocks.
Or a fox who eats a lot of lox.
Either way, it'll most assuredly not be wearing socks.

LOL!!... who's next?!

PS. LOL, cyndora & Meeka! "What does the fox say?!"
Nyah Nyah Nyah
(Dare you to ask that Q to Siri. LOLOL)

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:52 PM

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 02:54 PM
OMGosh! You are all ****ING me! If I were to post quotes mine would be 5 pages long. I am laughing so hard my face & stomach hurt! Thanks I REALLY needed it :-)

Me too! It's worth reading the entire read just for the laughs. :cool:

Thanks SparklyOctopus for listing the drops. I will still pass, but that will help others decide.

cyndora
08-25-16, 02:56 PM
US- lol , lmao , wth, huh, your kidding right?, lol, lmao

THEM- that didnt go as planned.......

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 02:57 PM

... is an empty box! lol! we have those too if u're maxed out!

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 02:57 PM

Can we please have a like button??? :D

mikepastry
08-25-16, 02:58 PM
asked Siri ("what does the fox say?")
Siri: "you will never know. The secret of the fox is an ancient mystery."

Well, I guess, I will never know, because I am passing both on the fox and the box... 😊

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 03:00 PM

Well, I guess, I will never know, because I am passing both on the fox and the box... 😊

You only asked once?

Zirilka
08-25-16, 03:01 PM
I never understood gambling so I shall opt out of this "event".

I do feel sorry for people who spent 50 gems and got a mermaid scale or an earth wisp or something else of the forever maxed out variety.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 03:03 PM
Aww now that ain't RIGHT!... last time I asked her (granted, it was at least a cpl yrs ago), she sang the chorus of the song of what the fox SAYS, in her monotone voice! Lol

Em_storm
08-25-16, 03:05 PM

LOL!!... who's next?!

Nyah Nyah Nyah

I'll have a go- you guys are cracking me up, btw.

I will not spend them on a fox
I will not spend them on a box
I will not spend them here or there
I will not spend them anywhere
I will not spend that many gems
E'en on the foxiest of whims

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 03:06 PM

Well, I guess, I will never know, because I am passing both on the fox and the box... ��

my Siri suggested to leave the Fox in the Box.. Good Night to all.. was a good laugh though ;)

ladyperidot
08-25-16, 03:07 PM

LOL!!... who's next?!

Nyah Nyah Nyah

LOL!!!! Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:10 PM

Love it

ashanthya
08-25-16, 03:12 PM
I can confirm that you can get the fox from the box without needing to craft it. And now I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket. :)33093

ladyperidot
08-25-16, 03:13 PM
Would you could you buy a fox?
Would you could you have a fox?
I will not buy a box. I will not have a fox. I will not have one here. I will not have one there. I will not one anywhere!

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 03:13 PM

Lol, perfect!
I knew we had some other Seuss fans around here, lol

Ps. Thumbs up to ladyperidot too! Lol

idrispad
08-25-16, 03:14 PM
After this week's fox in a box, I am so looking forward to next week's pig in a poke...

Oh, wait...

cyndora
08-25-16, 03:14 PM
33091this just in!!!!!!

major crime happening in foxville! apparently there seems to be many robberies of gems from local jewelry stores, mostly purple gemmed stuff.
the news is asking for a reward for the capture of said criminals !.
33092heres what the criminal looks like , and they said he was last seen driving in a stolen car ! heres that picture....33094they ask you call the local foxthorities for any information. i will update as i watch more....

Em_storm
08-25-16, 03:16 PM
I can confirm that you can get the fox from the box without needing to craft it. And now I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket. :)33093

You should. You really should.

mayennalee
08-25-16, 03:19 PM

You definitely should!

I just spent 50gems to get an Apple! A freaking apple!!!!!! Sooooo not happy about this :mad:

Em_storm
08-25-16, 03:20 PM
Lol, perfect!
I knew we had some other Seuss fans around here, lol

Ps. Thumbs up to ladyperidot too! Lol

Would you could you buy a fox?
Would you could you have a fox?
I will not buy a box. I will not have a fox. I will not have one here. I will not have one there. I will not one anywhere!

Dr. Seuss books were among my favorites. I think I wore my mom out on them, lol. Great job, ladyperidot!

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 03:20 PM
LOL, cyndora!
You truly give Roving Reporter olliverrrrrrrr a run for his money! LOL

...breathlessly awaiting FOX NEWS updates as they become available lol

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:21 PM
I use to read , The fox went out one chilly down. To my kids when they were little

The Fox went out on a chilly night
He prayed for the moon to give him light
For he had many a mile to go that night
Before he reached the town-o, town-o, town-o
He had many a mile to go that night
Before he reached the town-o

He ran till he came to the farmers pen
The ducks and the geese were kept therein
He said a couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o, town-o, town-o
A couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o

He grabbed the great goose by the neck
He threw a duck across his back
And he didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all danglin' down-o, down-o, down-o
He didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all danglin' down-o

Well the old gray Woman jumped out of bed
Out of the window she popped her head
Cryin' John, John the great goose is gone
The Fox is on the town-o, town-o, town-o
John, John the great goose is gone
And the Fox is on the town-o

He ran till he came to his nice warm den
And there were the little ones 8, 9, 10
Sayin' Daddy, Daddy better go back again
It must be a mighty fine town-o, town-o, town-o
Daddy, Daddy go back again
For it must be a mighty fine town-o

The Fox and his Wife, without any strife
They cut up the goose with a fork and a knife
And they never had such a supper in their life
And the little ones chewed on the bones-o, bones-o, bones-o
They never had such a supper in their life
And the little ones chewed on the bones

PrincessCupOButter

Congratulations! Just curious, did it take many boxes?

I'm still not taking any chances, because my luck just isn't that good. (Christmas trees and rainbow pots proved that to me.)

oliverrr11
You definitely should!

I just spent 50gems to get an Apple! A freaking apple!!!!!! Sooooo not happy about this :mad:

I got an apple from an apple tree once

ashanthya
08-25-16, 03:23 PM
I actually promised myself one box per account, if that account had over 200 gems. I also ended up with a simple feast and a rat tail. As per usual, my iPhone account ended up getting the 'big prize.' I always think it's hilarious that my luckiest account is the one with the smallest screen.

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 03:25 PM
I actually promised myself one box per account, if that account had over 200 gems. I also ended up with a simple feast and a rat tail. As per usual, my iPhone account ended up getting the 'big prize.' I always think it's hilarious that my luckiest account is the one with the smallest screen.

S8 does seem to love irony. Lol! Now go get that lotto ticket! Good luck!

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 03:26 PM
I use to read , The fox went out one chilly down. To my kids when they were little

Before he reached the town-o, town-o, town-o
He had many a mile to go that night
Before he reached the town-o

He ran till he came to the farmers pen
The ducks and the geese were kept therein
He said a couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o, town-o, town-o
A couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o

He grabbed the great goose by the neck
He threw a duck across his back
And he didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all danglin' down-o, down-o, down-o
He didn't mind the quack, quack
And the legs all danglin' down-o

Well the old gray Woman jumped out of bed
Out of the window she popped her head
Cryin' John, John the great goose is gone
The Fox is on the town-o, town-o, town-o
John, John the great goose is gone
And the Fox is on the town-o

He ran till he came to his nice warm den
And there were the little ones 8, 9, 10
Sayin' Daddy, Daddy better go back again
It must be a mighty fine town-o, town-o, town-o
Daddy, Daddy go back again
For it must be a mighty fine town-o

The Fox and his Wife, without any strife
They cut up the goose with a fork and a knife
And they never had such a supper in their life

You had me until the fork and knife part

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:27 PM

Laughing

AnisWa
08-25-16, 03:28 PM

Hey there, right back at ya! This is c-r-a-z-y! Does this Fire Fox dance for that amount of Gems? Lmao!

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:30 PM
I bet a lot of this stuff will be removed , they want us to buy a box to try to get a fox , at least we should have alittle fun,

AnisWa
08-25-16, 03:32 PM
We are getting a lot of humor out of this one!

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 03:32 PM
Hey there, right back at ya! This is c-r-a-z-y! Does this Fire Fox dance for that amount of Gems? Lmao!

Ya. Fox trot.

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:34 PM
Come on guys look at this little face. Google fire fox

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 03:34 PM
That is the list of what the fox drops. I am asking what are the possible contents of the box?

For instance:
Is the fox a possible drop? What deco can the box drop?

Hey there arikasi! Sorry for the delay. It's quite the list. Here's the items that the Firey Mystery Box can drop. :)

Fire Fox
Fire Fur
Fire Lily
Spellbound Dew
Red Flower Bed
Red Banner
Bonfire
Fire Faerie Statue
Energy
Wood
Sap
Glimmerdust
Living Wood
Magic Fruit
Coal
Iron Ore
Silver Ore
Jewels
Mithril
Mermaid Scales
White Petal
Blue Petal
Orange Petal
Red Petal
Purple Petal
Hide
Wool
Faerie Jar
Manticore Whisker
Mysterious Venom
Rat Tail
Fur
Bone
Creep Tooth
Stone Block
Fancy Block
Royal Block
Enchanted Block
Wooden Beam
Fancy Beam
Royal Beam
Enchanted Beam
Builder's Paste
Architect's Paste
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Lumin Essence
Enchanter's Essence
Purple Dye
Ivy's Hot Sauce
Earth Wisp
Wisp Lantern
Syrup
Flour
Cake
Sugar
Bread
Grits
Royal Sundae
Hearty Stew
Breaded Fish
Pasta
Noodles
Simple Feast
Hearty Feast
Spicy Feast
Sweet Feast
Blue Dye
Longsword
Mushroom
Red Dye
Yellow Dye
White Dye
Fey Crystal
Apple
Orange
Lemon
Prime Cut
Truffle
Bacon
Golden Nugget
Golden Apple
Golden Egg
Lemonade
Orange Cobbler
Apple Pie
Adamant
Ice Cream
Ornate Block
Ornate Beam
Magic Cement
Chocolate
Trade Ticket
Expansion Permit
Dragon Scales
Glimmer Shard
Glimmer Fragments
Faeriebulb Seeds
Mythic Essence
Floral Glow
Vital Extract
Dark Seeds
Boar Pelt
Boar Tusks
Feral Magic
Baked Butterfish
Catfish Soup
Mercury Feast
Troll Club
Sentry Horn
Woven Cloth
Allergy Potion
Faerie Offering
Smoked Fish Sandwiches
Faerie Beam
Faerie Block
Faerie Essence

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 03:36 PM

While it doesn't dance, the fire fox does love to show off its luxurious tail. ;)

katbtodd
08-25-16, 03:39 PM

He's beautiful

Solientus
08-25-16, 03:45 PM
So she buys the box (her wallet balks!),
With her ear close to hear for squawks?
From gamecocks?...
No! she's hoping for the fox!
Sitting in Glimmerwoods' hemlocks and hollyhocks
She pries it open, it unlocks
Sadly all she got was a Stone Block....which is a hunk of rock :P
And tossed it into the cornstalks.

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 03:50 PM
So she buys the box (her wallet balks!),
With her ear close to hear for squawks?
From gamecocks?...
No! she's hoping for the fox!
Sitting in Glimmerwoods' hemlocks and hollyhocks
She pries it open, it unlocks
Sadly all she got was a rock
And tossed it into the cornstalks.

Nice poem! Rock isn't in the list of drops though. :) May I suggest blocks instead?

zyfazix
08-25-16, 03:52 PM

So besides being expensive and useless, this thing is also ugly? What a laugh

It would have been something tolerable if it would be obtainable without gems and a bit of effort bit this... This is not something that you should keep on the record when trying to get new customers.

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 03:53 PM
Nice poem! Rock isn't in the list of drops though. :) May I suggest blocks instead?

Poem is very nice. :) I once crafted a block in the workshop

crystalfire2000
08-25-16, 03:55 PM
Laughing
Until he grabbed the goose by the neck...I knew what was coming

AngieA67
08-25-16, 03:59 PM
Ummmm...pass

katbtodd
08-25-16, 04:01 PM
I can't get the song out of my head now.... What does the fox say !!

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 04:01 PM
Poem is very nice. :) I once crafted a block in the workshop

So have I! :) There are a lot of items in the box that are craftable in addition to the decos.

Sandybellee
08-25-16, 04:05 PM
So by my calculations it's a 1 out of 117 chance of getting a fox from a box that costs 50 gems. I'm definitely holding on to my gems. Good luck to anyone trying the odds!

cyndora
08-25-16, 04:06 PM
33109ok , so the story continues, and it looks like the foxthorities have captured, through street cameras, some mug shots of fox,33110( hes the one on the bottom right ) . so with that new information they tracked him down near a rivers edge... and apparently after a high speed canoe chase through dangerously calm waters , the fox lead the foxthorities right to the bandits den!!!! and they not only captured him , but his gang also! 33111 foxthorities found out this gang has been around for a very long time, and in that time the fox gang has a HUGE following!!!, they are everywhere!!!33112so they ask that people be very careful, and lock your canoes and jewelry up at night. 33113 rest safe people of foxville , and neighboring kingdoms, your fox bandit has been caught.

in other news tonight , flower power unicorn makes a little girls dream come true with a 1/2 hour unlimited pony ride!!!

love
cyn

p.s ( all in fun !)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-25-16, 04:15 PM
LOL!!! Thanks so much for risking life & limb to be the reporter on the scene, cyndora! lol

..now I can turn off my stormy news channel and rest easy, knowing the foxy culprit has been caught. lol
*thumbs up*

izzyiza
08-25-16, 04:44 PM
Glad I checked here first so 1) not to buy the fiery box, 2) stay away from the fiery fox, 3) get to laugh with the nice poems while accepting that this is a quest that I will walk away from :(

aiyoosha
08-25-16, 04:55 PM
aww its a shame it doesnt look like a red panda, those are so cuuuuuuuuuuuute , instead it has a really pointy nose and a short tail T_T

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 04:59 PM
Glad I checked here first so 1) not to buy the fiery box, 2) stay away from the fiery fox, 3) get to laugh with the nice poems while accepting that this is a quest that I will walk away from :(

Hey there! Sorry for any confusion! There is no quest attached to this week's update. There's just the craft in the workshop and the Firey Mystery Box in the Market.

SparklyOctopus
08-25-16, 05:00 PM
aww its a shame it doesnt look like a red panda, those are so cuuuuuuuuuuuute , instead it has a really pointy nose and a short tail T_T

Aww, the nose is a bit pointy but the tail isn't too short. The image doesn't do it justice. The tail does look fabulous in game and it goes up and down rapidly in excitement.

ktorewqas
08-25-16, 05:12 PM

the fiery box drops actually belongs to the fox lol

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 05:46 PM
instead of a fox, could we get a super cow or chicken? like click once on the super cow and get tons of milk or eggs? so we can put some away and have more room?

or could we please store that huge roost if we are done with the quest ( the big grey one thats part of the story)

a fox? of all the things , and for the price!! omg i want that cool aid your drinking over there!!

p.s oh and that 4x4 waterfall would look great with all the naga drops....:rolleyes:

Love that idea!! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No,it's suuuper cowww, with a Cape of course!
I WANT THAT WATERFALL!! Not a teenie weenie one,but a beautiful animated one. Oh yehh!!

bald1e
08-25-16, 05:50 PM
Think i will have to pass on this one as i just took the plunge and bought the Gold Mine.

PS: OMG cyndora your reports made me choke on my coke. Lol pun intended.

newzealander
08-25-16, 05:56 PM
Cyndora for Mayor!! (So she can keep our kingdoms fox-free and waterfall-full)

A kingdom without a pet fox
Is like cold feet without any socks
A piggie or two
And a naga won't do
So mortgage yourself for a box.

gilachaya
08-25-16, 06:06 PM
Is the fire fox decorative or does it drop something?

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 06:16 PM
Is the fire fox decorative or does it drop something?

Long list of drops.....check it out on the first page of this thread.

gilachaya
08-25-16, 06:18 PM
Long list of drops.....check it out on the first page of this thread.

Thank you. I misread it and thought the drop list was for the box. Thanks!

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 06:23 PM

I do feel sorry for people who spent 50 gems and got a mermaid scale or an earth wisp or something else of the forever maxed out variety.

That was me who paid 50 gems for a mermaid scale... it was in a pretty box tho!
Alot of ppl will probably do 1 box chop at least. That's a lot of money for storm8. Then there's those who will keep chop chopping,so good luck to them.

newpam575
08-25-16, 06:25 PM
What an enjoyable time spent reading this thread. I too will pass on this. I will not chop a box. I will not buy a fire fox.

ethan1brothers
08-25-16, 06:25 PM
where do you get this box and is it a one time use or one of those things that has a collection timer on it ?

newpam575
08-25-16, 06:28 PM
where do you get this box and is it a one time use or one of those things that has a collection timer on it ?

You buy it in the market, then chop it for your 'prize'. one time use/chop.

xtinem070672
08-25-16, 06:39 PM
Maybe if S8 offered a deal in which we change our browser to ummm I don't know....FIREFOX we would get a free firefox for our kingdoms. Brand placement...yeah that's it!;)

A7B92
08-25-16, 06:46 PM
Lol

PrincessCelestian
08-25-16, 06:52 PM
Looks like I will not be welcoming this little guy to my queendom. It's a shame because he's cute and I was excited when he showed up in the workshop. But I am saving up my gems for a cabbage hut so I can think of no reason to spend 1175 gems on a fox.

ladyperidot
08-25-16, 06:57 PM
so she buys the box (her wallet balks!),
with her ear close to hear for squawks?
From gamecocks?...
No! She's hoping for the fox!
Sitting in glimmerwoods' hemlocks and hollyhocks
she pries it open, it unlocks
sadly all she got was a stone block....which is a hunk of rock :p
and tossed it into the cornstalks.

lol!!

cyndora
08-25-16, 07:04 PM
glad too put a smile on your faces!

xox

PrincessCelestian
08-25-16, 07:20 PM
Ya. Fox trot.
Bahahahahahahahahahah

PrincessCelestian
08-25-16, 07:25 PM
in other news tonight , flower power unicorn makes a little girls dream come true with a 1/2 hour unlimited pony ride!!!

love
cyn

p.s ( all in fun !)

I am pretty sure I am about to pee my pants from laughing so hard on that one!!

purpledaisy1511
08-25-16, 07:44 PM
I just bought the box and got one expansion permit!

Lucky you! I got a fur 😕

storiadelcastello
08-25-16, 07:44 PM
Ya. Fox trot.

Brilliant. LOL

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 07:53 PM

I got a fork and knife from a drawer once

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 08:04 PM
I got a pop-up at last,only on 1 of 3 accounts tho. It says...Get a rare drop with every chop of the Fiery mystery box and get exclusive drops like the new Firefox pet, or gather fire fur to craft your own.
So the mermaid scale I got was rare??? Humph!!

kattkrazie
08-25-16, 08:15 PM
I got a pop-up at last,only on 1 of 3 accounts tho. It says...Get a rare drop with every chop of the Fiery mystery box and get exclusive drops like the new Firefox pet, or gather fire fur to craft your own.
So the mermaid scale I got was rare??? Humph!!

If only the drops had been multiples, like 20 mermaid scales, we wouldn't have felt fleeced. I got 1 boar tusk for 50 gems. Seriously?

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 08:23 PM
If only the drops had been multiples, like 20 mermaid scales, we wouldn't have felt fleeced. I got 1 boar tusk for 50 gems. Seriously?

Maybe Storm8 is testing it out. Surely they can see alot won't be pleased. They'll make money just by ppl trying it out buying a box or 2 let alone the ppl who will really go for it. Trouble is,the more ppl who buy boxes the more money they'll make and the more liklihood of them keep doing this with other items. Yuk!

meme1098
08-25-16, 08:23 PM
Boy, be away from the game for an afternoon & I come back to read the best forum posts in the history of CS:D

And they're still here. :)

comeseecomesah
08-25-16, 08:42 PM
Boy, be away from the game for an afternoon & I come back to read the best forum posts in the history of CS:D

And they're still here. :)

It's called 'having fun ' love it! Will visit more often lol

SpiritWind00
08-25-16, 08:48 PM
:) Yes, posts are still here and will stay unless any forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) are broken...

Britilina
08-25-16, 08:49 PM

I LOVE this song (Nickel Creek has a passable version)!!

So basically the Fiery Box drops... Everything?

I honestly would love the Fire fox (not least because of the special place in my heart that Mozilla's browser will hold), but because I do like the gamble and things which can drop really good stuff I like.

But ain't no way that I am getting 1175 gems in 4 days and I am not spending real life $$. I gotta feed my two-year-old!

I know this is feedback they won't listen to, but if you want $$ from us, go back to the old way of downloading games and getting 15-30 gems for it. You will get tons of downloads and keep your peeps happy!

aiyoosha
08-25-16, 08:58 PM
Aww, the nose is a bit pointy but the tail isn't too short. The image doesn't do it justice. The tail does look fabulous in game and it goes up and down rapidly in excitement.

was hoping itd be a bit longer and more fluffy but i bet it does look cuter in game and actually seeing it move its tale

AriadneMaple
08-25-16, 09:21 PM
Wow! Just wasted 100 diamonds on the Fiery Mystery Box, with the hopes of getting some fluffy tails to create a Fire Fox.

NOT ONE fluffy tail. No animal to slay in exchange for the box (no creatures were on my game board when I opened the box).

What were the prizes? Spellbound dew (four in total), fur, bacon and wooden beams. I feel VERY RIPPED OFF. I could have used the 100 diamonds for so many other USEFUL things.

Anyone else have the same experience? How do we get fluffy tails if not via the Fiery Mystery Box?

Please help.

29vanilla
08-25-16, 09:31 PM
Have you read the 8/25 update thread? Player feedback thus far seems like it's "buyer beware". So sorry that happened to you. I've resorted to checking the forum before I make any moves on update days. This seems like a huge gem steal update to me.

AriadneMaple
08-25-16, 09:32 PM
I spent 100 diamonds for two Firey Mystery Boxes only to receive four dewy leaves, wood beams, fur and bacon. PAINFUL. HORRIBLE. Not worth the money or coins. At this rate, you will NEVER get any tails to make the Firey Fox.

AriadneMaple
08-25-16, 09:36 PM
You're right. I'm on level 49, and I've never been on this forum before. I am definitely taking your advice (and contemplating leaving the game entirely). It is such a rip off.

senshin
08-25-16, 09:50 PM
Ugh, wish I checked the forums first. I just spend 50 gems on ONE long sword. How lame.

Galadraal
08-25-16, 10:00 PM

At least you got a fur. I got a Mercury Feast for the 50 gems. For that price you should get a whole lot more than one chop and one measly item you can easily get. Of course I had to give it a shot to see. This money grab is obnoxious

Galadraal
08-25-16, 10:02 PM
Ugh, wish I checked the forums first. I just spend 50 gems on ONE long sword. How lame.

I agree. I should know better by now to check the forums FIRST before wasting any money or gems. Sure the fox is cute but not THAT cute

sweethutch
08-25-16, 10:02 PM
Thank you all sooooo much for a very entertaining thread!!! �� Storm8 has me messed up if they think I (and many others obviously) am going to spend money on this farce of an "update!" However, I'll gladly keep checking this thread for the humor alone! Thanks everyone!

Ki250
08-25-16, 10:33 PM
Wow! Just wasted 100 diamonds on the Fiery Mystery Box, with the hopes of getting some fluffy tails to create a Fire Fox.

NOT ONE fluffy tail. No animal to slay in exchange for the box (no creatures were on my game board when I opened the box).

What were the prizes? Spellbound dew (four in total), fur, bacon and wooden beams. I feel VERY RIPPED OFF. I could have used the 100 diamonds for so many other USEFUL things.

Anyone else have the same experience? How do we get fluffy tails if not via the Fiery Mystery Box?

Please help.

I feel your pain. I used 75 Gems on the Fiery Mystery Boxes and I got a red flower box, red banner, one fluffy tail and a message saying I am full on Manticore Whiskers. What a rip off. Players beware. I am so mad I wasted my precious gems. :mad: Lesson learned check the forum first before you use your gems.

P.S. Storm8 should let us craft one or purchase with gems. I don't like taking a chance chopping boxes and getting useless decorations or building supplies I can make in the workshop, magic forge and kitchen. Oh well again lesson learned.

oliverrr11
08-25-16, 10:53 PM
Cyndora for Mayor!! (So she can keep our kingdoms fox-free and waterfall-full)

A kingdom without a pet fox
Is like cold feet without any socks
A piggie or two
And a naga won't do
So mortgage yourself for a box.

Lol! This is great!

starnanou
08-25-16, 11:39 PM

LOL! EIther the Fox is a Giant-fox, either the Satyr is a Dwarf-satyr!

And yes buy a lottery ticket.

MoonVillage3
08-25-16, 11:44 PM
So by my calculations it's a 1 out of 117 chance of getting a fox from a box that costs 50 gems. I'm definitely holding on to my gems. Good luck to anyone trying the odds!

Have you read the 8/25 update thread? Player feedback thus far seems like it's "buyer beware". So sorry that happened to you. I've resorted to checking the forum before I make any moves on update days. This seems like a huge gem steal update to me.

I'm happy to see that also negative opinions and warnings are also accepted on the forum as personal opinions and experience. I do believe players should be able to read the "pros" and the "cons" of all and any arguments if they are interested.

Yes.. there is the possibility of finding a Fox in the gift box with 1chop.. but it's a chance of 1 out of 117 as reported by player.

No.. it's not true as pop-up says "get a RARE drop with every chop" ... as apples, whips, boar tusks, etc... are normal daily drops... and remember... nothing if you are maxed on those items given!

"Beware of Fox Traps" warning to other players is more than justified and welcomed.. so each player can judge and measure their own risk of obtaining nothing even though spending 50Gems.. thus concluding and not blaming, or being surprised.. of their choice.

Good Luck for those who try.. and happy playing for those who don't.

starnanou
08-25-16, 11:52 PM
ya. Fox trot.

a ha ha ha!

coldfire0101
08-26-16, 12:09 AM
Just bought one of these and it drops a stone block, that's a bit of a drop

morgandcat
08-26-16, 12:54 AM
Yellow ink!!! It cost 50 diamonds for a fiery box which was bought as a response to the new option to create a fox, but before checking the forum! Never again! It left me feeling as if I'd fallen for one of those telephone scams!

oliverrr11
08-26-16, 01:01 AM
People, there is NOT a one in 117 chance of getting a fox-in-a-box just because there are 117 possible items you can get. It doesn't work that way unless they are all programmed to drop at the same exact rate. They clearly are not. I'm sure we don't want to know the true odds of getting one. 1 in 117 would be a dream scenario! Lol!

Simple proof? How many people bought, say, 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 fire fur? Fire fur is one of those 117 items, and in equal odds they would also be a 1 in 117 drop. How many people bought 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 foxes????? Or in other words, you would be hearing about the same amount of people that are receiving a fox as you are hearing about receiving a fire fur. That ain't happening.

Edit: and OF COURSE the very next post after this is about receiving a fox!! Lolol! Congrats and keep smiling! :D

GlvtenFree
08-26-16, 01:14 AM
woweezoweeee!
i should be sleeping but depression leaves me with insomnia so i was mindlessly clicking around my kingdom and accidently chopped my gift box i had set out and i got that darn fox can you believe it i feel like i am going to wake up and it will be a dream poof. its nice to see and feel a bit lucky for once i did smile :) i hope everyone else can get theirs!

starnanou
08-26-16, 01:20 AM
Well, I think they gave us the easy going Desert Quest and now they give the Gem Fox quest, as we asked on the Satyr's quest.
Which I think is fair enought.

Wonkaland99
08-26-16, 01:35 AM
I wandered lonely as a cloud,
A servant of the mighty Storm.
When down below I saw a crowd
Of peasants struggling to keep warm.

"I'll give them coal," I brightly said,
"And corn and strawberries to eat,
"Some woven cloth to make a bed,
"And furs to clothe their hands and feet."

"Did I say, 'GIVE'? You know me well,
"My gifts are hardly ever free.
"When these necessities I SELL,
"The one who benefits is me!"

"And deep within a mystery box,
"So pretty that they can't say 'No,'
"A chance to win a Fiery Fox
"At only fifty gems a go!"

LinkinPark92
08-26-16, 01:36 AM
So is there no other way but buying those boxes to get a change to win/craft a fiery fox?

Zirilka
08-26-16, 02:24 AM
So is there no other way but buying those boxes to get a change to win/craft a fiery fox?

You can buy the furs directly in the forge. But not, there is no ther option than buying.

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 02:45 AM
I must say it's a joy reading through this thread! It more than makes up missing the fox! :D

What does the fox say? "Kaching!"
No really, what does the fox say? "That'll be 1125 gems, please."

katbtodd
08-26-16, 02:53 AM
I LOVE this song (Nickel Creek has a passable version)!!

So basically the Fiery Box drops... Everything?

I honestly would love the Fire fox (not least because of the special place in my heart that Mozilla's browser will hold), but because I do like the gamble and things which can drop really good stuff I like.

But ain't no way that I am getting 1175 gems in 4 days and I am not spending real life $$. I gotta feed my two-year-old!

I know this is feedback they won't listen to, but if you want $$ from us, go back to the old way of downloading games and getting 15-30 gems for it. You will get tons of downloads and keep your peeps happy!

I really don't know what they are thinking..... Not many people will bite on this I hope they don't get trapped for the pretty box to get the fox

katbtodd
08-26-16, 03:01 AM
What does the fox say!!!!
I'm thinking he's saying no way !
Should you spend your gems on him
As you see it's all greed
Can't you see the pretty little box is a trap
A promise of a little fox that will never be
As you see he's not for me

debosden
08-26-16, 03:19 AM
Got the fox from the third box!

katbtodd
08-26-16, 03:43 AM

Lucky you
And I do mean lucky think they figured it's 1/117 chance

debosden
08-26-16, 03:49 AM
Lucky you
And I do mean lucky think they figured it's 1/117 chance
I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

flowerqueen007
08-26-16, 03:51 AM
I caved and bought a second box, and got the fox :)

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 03:54 AM

Wow! Big congrats, guys! :)

jbfps116
08-26-16, 03:57 AM
I guess Samson won't be giving away his fiery fox trick for cheap!!!

VersaceMorrow
08-26-16, 04:22 AM
Well in looking at the fox droppings, they fall into three categories:

Things I am currently maxed out on
Thinks I am frequently maxed out on but don't happen to be at the moment
Things I have crafted way too many of in order to use up the aforesaid maxed items.

Of course, gems are in none of those categories, but somehow I don't think at almost 50 I will live long enough to recoup 1125 gems lol

SpiritWind00
08-26-16, 04:50 AM
Just when I thought I'd made up my mind not to buy some.... :) hmmm, decisions decisions!

Solientus
08-26-16, 05:02 AM
Just when I thought I'd made up my mind not to buy some.... :) hmmm, decisions decisions!
Ikr?!
Very tempting when you see the good luck... I'm going to try to sit on my hands awhile longer though...
*Buckles down*

katbtodd
08-26-16, 05:04 AM

Yes I hear ya

tonyjosiah
08-26-16, 05:11 AM
The Fire Fox is cool. Although I Definitely could use a pet Dire Wolf though to help fight the Dire Boars! LOL. My Fire Fox seems a little nervous or jittery though. He's flicking his tail EXTRA hard. LOL. But overall very happy to have one in my kingdom!!!:o :cool:

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 05:12 AM
I'm going to wait and see if the box goes on sale towards the end of it's availability like many event items.

katbtodd
08-26-16, 05:27 AM
I'm going to wait and see if the box goes on sale towards the end of it's availability like many event items.

To me a lot more people would gamble,with their gems if the price was lower , that's for sure since the odds are like one in 117 chance .

jodi0122
08-26-16, 05:34 AM
I got an expansion permit and one fire fur on my 2nd box..

Then one red petal on my 3rd.. lol ... 50 gems for a red petal ;)

mscptmal
08-26-16, 05:58 AM
I received one piece of wood on my first box, which was slightly maddening but thankfully received the Fire Fox on my second. I wouldn't necessarily say it was worth it, but I'm still pretty happy to have him in my kingdom! I second tonyjosiah's idea about having a dire wolf!

MoonVillage3
08-26-16, 06:16 AM
People, there is NOT a one in 117 chance of getting a fox-in-a-box just because there are 117 possible items you can get. It doesn't work that way unless they are all programmed to drop at the same exact rate. They clearly are not. I'm sure we don't want to know the true odds of getting one. 1 in 117 would be a dream scenario! Lol!

Simple proof? How many people bought, say, 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 fire fur? Fire fur is one of those 117 items, and in equal odds they would also be a 1 in 117 drop. How many people bought 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 foxes????? Or in other words, you would be hearing about the same amount of people that are receiving a fox as you are hearing about receiving a fire fur. That ain't happening.

Edit: and OF COURSE the very next post after this is about receiving a fox!! Lolol! Congrats and keep smiling! :D

Yes of course you are quite correct.. but not knowing the drop% of each single drop.. and then knowing there are 117 different drops.. it's just easy to say "one out of 117 drops".
No statistics here.. it's just logical and quick thinking.

ladyperidot
08-26-16, 06:33 AM
Yes I hear ya

I'm not buying. My luck with the Xmas gifts boxes was bad and all I can get from the lucky workshop is coins an occasionally 5 energy. I have the little fox from the Baron's tent. I'll be a one fox queendom

Korlcek
08-26-16, 06:57 AM
These people at S8 have gone totaly nuts.

There is 1% chance of getting Fire Fox and 10% of getting Fire Fur from the box.
One box costs 50 gems, boxes needed for 75 Fur = 750, times 50gems = 37500 GEMS!

If you buy 1400 gems at sale for $40, that means you will, on average, spend a little bit over $1071 to get the fox.

It will be very hard for developers to overcome that price for a single item.

By the way, drops for Fire fox are not that impressive either:
[100%] lCoal(2)[10%], Jewels(2)[5%], Longsword(1)[4%], Light Armor(1)[4%], Earth Wisp(1)[4%], Coins(1000)[6%], Gems(2)[2%], Dragon Scales(3)[15%], Energy(5)[5%], Dragon Scales(2)[45%]
[100%] Orange Petal(1)[90%], Orange Petal(2)[10%]
[100%] Fur(1)[33.2%], Rat Tail(1)[33.2%], Creep Tooth(1)[33.2%], Fey Crystal(1)[0.4%]
[100%] Milk(1)[100%]

Solientus
08-26-16, 07:11 AM
A few observations/suggestions:

If boxes stay at 50Gems a piece
**I think if the box had a guaranteed drop of 3-6 Firey Furs along with prizes would turn things around quite a bit.
(Average amount assume 4)

Cost of Fur 15Gems x 4 = 60Gems
One box dropping 4 fur, plus prizes = 50Gems
People would actually be making progress towards to Fox. Even if they were full on the additional drop item...at least they'd have Fur to show for it and not feel as ripped off.

**I think another improvement would be to "trim" the box drop list. Keep it towards the rarer end with a value equal to or higher then the price of the Mystery box:

Wisp Lantern (15G)
Expansion Permit (150-250Gems, no idea)
Spellbound Dew 5-8(25-40Gems value)
Silver 3-4 (12Gems each = 36-48 Gem value)
If it's going to drop Fancy Blocks and Beams how about dropping a few?
I think that's my main point and someone else pointed it out, if the box dropped multiples it would be a nice compromise.

Get rid of the lower Gem value items like petals, dyes, fur, hide, sap, wood, etc. or if not, pump up the amount of the drop atleast?

Or how about:
If boxes were offered at a lower Gems price
There's still a ton of profit ...but the profit with be for both parties!
Upping the drop amounts(multiples), knocking out some lower super common mob drop items in favor of valuable ones like Mysterious Venom, or Dragon Scales.
Keeping Firey Fur as a guaranteed drop, preferably a multiple, maybe 2-4 if the box price is lowered

A slightly easier to swallow Gem cost -> more boxes sold!

Or maybe this:
If Fiery Fur was craftable, expensive, but craftable!
10 Fur (regular), 20 Coal (for burning), 15 Wood (for Fuel!) = 1-2 Fiery Fur
Just an idea...

I know this item is along the same lines of Rainbow Pot, and there are many max players that wouldn't benefit from even the multiple drops...but for the player base as a whole, a few tweaks to this item, and future ones like it - I feel could improve perceptions.

*Grain of Salt feedback*, thanks for reading.

Jinc4
08-26-16, 07:17 AM
The fox doesn't blink - like the camel and the satyr...why...?

oliverrr11
08-26-16, 08:13 AM
Yes of course you are quite correct.. but not knowing the drop% of each single drop.. and then knowing there are 117 different drops.. it's just easy to say "one out of 117 drops".
No statistics here.. it's just logical and quick thinking.

I'll give ya the it's "quick" part. Lol :p

oliverrr11
08-26-16, 08:14 AM
To me a lot more people would gamble,with their gems if the price was lower , that's for sure since the odds are like one in 117 chance .

No, it's really NOT 1-117. I give up!! Lol!

badbunny42
08-26-16, 09:11 AM
I do not like this update sham.
I do not like it one bit, ma'am.
I will not buy a fiery box.
I will not craft a fiery fox.
It smells to me quite like a scam.
I will not spend 'cause smart I am.

(With apologies to all who feel otherwise, of course. But I'm a frugal Dutch woman.)

comeseecomesah
08-26-16, 09:25 AM
They not delivering what is promised! The pop-up says...Get a RARE drop with EVERY chop. How is 1 stone block rare? You can make 1 in 15 minutes. Hmph!!

MoonVillage3
08-26-16, 09:27 AM

Lol! I don't think the drop rate is the problem and do believe what u explained.
It's the 50Gems a try that's giving the indigestion... with many common drops included! It should have been all precious rare drops at that price.

jodi0122
08-26-16, 09:53 AM

I got a red petal! Or at least I would have if I hadn't already been maxed out on them :(

katbtodd
08-26-16, 10:37 AM

Just what I read ,it's rare rare drop

allisisland77
08-26-16, 10:47 AM
What a letdown:( :( cute fox but NO WAY I'm spending that much money on it!!! At least give us the chance to find the fur elsewhere and craft it!! SHEESH!!

Jennerwein1
08-26-16, 11:07 AM

(With apologies to all who feel otherwise, of course. But I'm a frugal Dutch woman.)
Love it!
And this frugal Bavarian woman has better things to spend her money on. Way better ones. (No, not beer, I don't live back home)

aroara
08-26-16, 11:18 AM
Read how some had luck. Bought 3 boxes. Got a bonfire a red banner and a manticore whisker which I'm maxed on. No luck here :( should have known better ! Shame on me for being sucked in Smh

chewingthecud
08-26-16, 01:08 PM
My shortest post ever on these forums - Not interested!

ShibuyaCloth
08-26-16, 01:38 PM
cyndora & ShibuyaCloth ~
The drops posted by SparklyOctopus are for the Fire FOX, not the mystery fiery BOX. LOL

I'm feeling a Dr. Seuss rhyme coming on.... Lolol!

Mixed up the DB entry, now fixed!

SunnyDaysFarm2014
08-26-16, 02:44 PM
Ha ha ha......you're ****ing me man! How'd that go?

Oooops......something went wrong.......this was supposed to be a reply to post #29

sourp4tch
08-26-16, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone!

The duration of the Fiery Mystery Box and the associated craft to get the Fire Fox have been extended to 8/31 @ 11:30pm
Additionally, based on everyone's feedback regarding the pricing compared to the drops, we've decided to increase the chops to 2.
As a thank you for your continued support of Castle Story, we're giving everyone Level 10+ a few free Fiery Mystery Boxes! Log in to complete the quest any time between now and 8/31 @ 11:30pm to collect your free boxes!

Thank you everyone for playing Castle Story! Good luck with your boxes and the rest of the Desert Nights event! :)

ghjvcucjb
08-26-16, 03:54 PM

<standing ovation> Bravo!bravo! From a non frugal Hawaiian

ghjvcucjb
08-26-16, 03:56 PM
50 gems...1 piece of wood.

Not even dipped in gold, just a regular piece of wood.

ETA: just got a present from S8! Wow thank you S8. That's cool.

ktorewqas
08-26-16, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone!

Thank you everyone for playing Castle Story! Good luck with your boxes and the rest of the Desert Nights event! :)thank you very much! I got three boxes :D

kattkrazie
08-26-16, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone!

Thanks so much!! Improvements are always appreciated.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-26-16, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone!

Now this is awesome! THANKS SO MUCH, sourp4tch & Team S8! :D

...but just a lil heads up, lol... prepare yourselves for the soon-to-arrive complaints from those players who already paid 50 Gems and only got 1 chop, lol :p:rolleyes:

Solientus
08-26-16, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone!

Thank you. Personally I still stand by my suggestions, but the gesture is appreciated.

GreyHills
08-26-16, 04:07 PM
Chopped my three boxes - one wooden beam, one fire fur, two feasts - at least I got one fur, but no way will I ever get to 75 :-)

federerGOAT
08-26-16, 04:10 PM
Thanks SP and S8.

kajohn345
08-26-16, 04:11 PM
Chopped my boxes one fur, one wooden beam, one royal block, one simple feast, one stone block and something else I was maxed out on.

I appreciate the free gift but 50 gems is way too high a price for a wooden beam :/

janddolphins
08-26-16, 04:16 PM
So I felt like Charlie from the Chocolate factory as I opened each free box hoping I would get the lucky fox. No such luck. Not even one fur for inventory which would have been nice for my collection but it's not worth price. Not sure if it has been mentioned I've read through but didn't see it, does he do anything or just deco? He would need to drop 100 energy a day or something at the price he is set at lol

****edit WHAT?!?!?!!! I got a Firefox in my inventory!!!!!!! How did I miss it? I watched each item drop carefully! Maybe it was that 6th one. Ahhhhhh now I feel like Charlie and take it all back. I never am one of the lucky ones and somehow got lucky this time!!! I'm floating. I hope others get it from the free boxes, best of luck to all of you :)

ktorewqas
08-26-16, 04:26 PM
Now this is awesome! THANKS SO MUCH, sourp4tch & Team S8! :D

...but just a lil heads up, lol... prepare yourselves for the soon-to-arrive complaints from those players who already paid 50 Gems and only got 1 chop, lol :p:rolleyes:i hear you lol

ktorewqas
08-26-16, 04:27 PM
So I felt like Charlie from the Chocolate factory as I opened each free box hoping I would get the lucky fox. No such luck. Not even one fur. If I didn't get the fox it would have been nice to have one fur in inventory for my collection but it's not worth the gems for it. Life will go on. Not a fan of this fox event at all. Way too pricy for one animal. Not sure if it has been mentioned I've read through but didn't see it, does he do anything or just deco? He would need to drop 100 energy a day or something at the price he is set at lol

****edit WHAT?!?!?!!! I got a Firefox in my inventory!!!!!!! How did I miss it? I watched each item drop carefully! Maybe it was that 6th one. Ahhhhhh now I feel like Charlie and take it all back. I never am one of the lucky ones and somehow got lucky this time!!! I'm floating. I hope others get it from the free boxes, best of luck to all of you :) congrats! Now it's time to try my luck :D

mikepastry
08-26-16, 04:39 PM
There was no need to gift us these free boxes, really! What you could have done from the start would be to set a realistic price for those boxes and include only rare drops, as promised by the description. I think, 5 gems per box would be a normal price. As a result, more people would have participated, more boxes would have been purchased and you would have ended up with more revenue. I think, overall, it was a poor marketing decision that led to crazy pricing both for the box (50 gems) and obtaining the fox (at least 1125 gems). So, I am not excited about this free gift, but rather disappointed in this quest or event, whatever you wanna call that sad attempt to rip off your customers.

cyndora
08-26-16, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone!

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 04:50 PM
Oh my gosh! I got him from the second free box!!! Yay! Thank you so much S8! :)

My Naga doesn't look too pleased though, lol! :D

bald1e
08-26-16, 04:56 PM
Hey everyone!

OH WOW Got my 3 free Fiery Mystery Boxes and on my first chop i got a Fire Fox.
Thanks S8 for listening and making some changes to the original offer . (Still a bit expensive)
Now do I go for another with the remaining 5 chops. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

AnisWa
08-26-16, 04:57 PM
All 3 free boxes, nothing to rave about! That's why I don't gamble!

mayennalee
08-26-16, 05:07 PM
Thank you for the gesture of the free boxes. Sadly i wasnt in need of more wood or stone and 1 fire fox fur really isnt going to help.

This is one that I am not spending money on.

Ki250
08-26-16, 05:27 PM
Thank you S8 for the free boxes but I didn't get the fox. Oh well. Thanks again and congrats to those who did get the fox.

PrincessCelestian
08-26-16, 05:37 PM
I thought I saw a Firefox. I did I did see a Firefox!!!

I am happy to welcome a Firefox to my queendom from my first free box!!!

And some spellbound dew and a golden egg. Off to chop the other free boxes. Thanks s8!