PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Update to Jeweled Gate and Tealight Palisade

sourp4tch
08-23-16, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone!

This is to give you all a heads up that the Jeweled Gate and the Tealight Palisade have both been updated to larger, 2x1 decorations. A few things to note:

If you already had any of these items on your board, they have been put in your storage - you will need to put them back on your board.
In order to see the updated images, you will need to reinstall your game. Otherwise, the images will look weird and blurry, because the game is still referencing the old images :(

Thank you all for your continued feedback and support of Castle Story! If you run into any problems with these items, please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Good luck with the rest of the Desert Nights event!

mikepastry
08-23-16, 06:30 PM
Now, that looks awesome! Thanks for the update!

SpiritWind00
08-23-16, 07:51 PM
wow, that does look awesome! Thanks for the update!

xiq24
08-23-16, 08:16 PM
Thanks for this note.
That probably explains why mine looks a bit strange this morning...

hexappeal
08-23-16, 08:55 PM
Wow! Your kingdom is amazing.
I love it.

I was like....who WATERED my gate? It grew.
Mine didn't go back to storage.

LemonGroveLane
08-23-16, 10:49 PM
How do we reinstall without risking losing our game progress? I want to update the gate, but I'm nervous...don't want to mess anything up. TIA :)

FireballFarm
08-23-16, 11:29 PM
How do we reinstall without risking losing our game progress? I want to update the gate, but I'm nervous...don't want to mess anything up. TIA :)
Yes, I would also like some detailed instructions on how to do this, please. My gate is all stretched out and squirrelly-looking, but I am afraid to just delete the app from my iPad and reinstall it.

Edit: And thanks for making the gate bigger! :)

SpiritWind00
08-23-16, 11:48 PM
:) don't worry about reinstalling your games... :) It easy and only takes a minute. Your progress won't be lost as your game is stored on S8 servers.

Worst case scenario- there of instructions in the How To sticky post in the Hub on how to retrieve your game.

You can find them in my signature below - click the purple words of The HUB!

Wonkaland99
08-24-16, 02:06 AM
Sorry, but I rather liked the small gate, because it did not hide the features behind it. Now I'm going to have to move it to another side of the castle.

Never mind, the fact that S8 have taken players' comments on board is far more important than my personal opinion.
Majority ruless, ok!

Now about Anthia and her disappointing features......................................

ktorewqas
08-24-16, 04:17 AM
Mine looks strange: blur and not aligned 33060

robotparade
08-24-16, 06:12 AM
I liked the small one better. ☹️ Now it's too big and it's weird-looking.

meme1098
08-24-16, 06:16 AM

Have y'all deleted & then reinstalled your game. Oh...& put it in storage first?

Hope it gets back to normal for you :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-24-16, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the adjustments, BUT ... lol

Sandybellee & I were just discussing this in the Baron's Tent thread...
Is there ANY way to possibly make the Tealight Palisade *at least* the same size as the Glass Bottle Palisade?
Even after a delete/reinstall/storage in-out, it's still shorter and shy of being a true 1x2, even tho it takes up that much space.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33063&d=1472044529

WHY can't all Palisades be the same size, like walls are, for their category???

ktorewqas
08-24-16, 06:52 AM
Have y'all deleted & then reinstalled your game. Oh...& put it in storage first?

Hope it gets back to normal for you :)thank you! In that case, I will just keep it weird way lol anyway, it will end in my storage.

comeseecomesah
08-24-16, 11:56 AM
I quite liked small gate but also like big one too.

Lolol on Anthia! For S8 to save face AND get what we want we could have storyline that Anthia has a secret...an ugly curse had been put on her and we have to lift the curse or something....Please something!!

GiselleX16
08-24-16, 12:20 PM
Very nice right sized gate! Plus uninstalling and reinstalling the game opened up a lot of phone memory, memory used down from 1.2 GB to 304 MB. I should remember to do that from time to time...if my own memory was better!

fifi63
08-24-16, 12:44 PM
Don't know how to reinstall??? My final goal prize is nowhere to be seen not on board hiding or in inventory help please 😳

ashley224
08-24-16, 01:14 PM
Don't know how to reinstall??? My final goal prize is nowhere to be seen not on board hiding or in inventory help please ��

Are you iOS or android?

MoonVillage3
08-24-16, 02:02 PM
Thank you so much.. after reinstalling game.. the beautiful JewelGate is the perfect size.. just like the other arches. Thank u again for correcting.

meme1098
08-24-16, 02:26 PM

Thank you so much.. after reinstalling game.. the beautiful JewelGate is the perfect size.. just like the other arches. Thank u again for correcting.

thank you! In that case, I will just keep it weird way lol anyway, it will end in my storage.

Reinstalling the app also fixes the way you view your neighbors gate. All my neighbors who had the gate out had the skewed version until I deleted & reinstalled the game.
Soooo much better...lol

jbfps116
08-24-16, 03:17 PM
Very nice right sized gate! Plus uninstalling and reinstalling the game opened up a lot of phone memory, memory used down from 1.2 GB to 304 MB. I should remember to do that from time to time...if my own memory was better!
If I remember right as the game downloads all the pictures and previews [like in the market] that space will be used up again!

robotparade
08-24-16, 06:01 PM

Hope it gets back to normal for you :)

I just don't even care anymore. 🤕

LemonGroveLane
08-24-16, 07:54 PM
:) don't worry about reinstalling your games... :) It easy and only takes a minute. Your progress won't be lost as your game is stored on S8 servers.

Worst case scenario- there of instructions in the How To sticky post in the Hub on how to retrieve your game.

You can find them in my signature below - click the purple words of The HUB!

Thank you!

Nosysew
08-27-16, 12:07 PM
If I remember right as the game downloads all the pictures and previews [like in the market] that space will be used up again!
I'm on iPad and iPhone, is uninstall and reinstall the same as transferring the game to a new device? Or do you just remove it like an app you don't want and then chose to put it out again from your purchased apps? I don't understand how the amount of memory changes either. Can you or someone explain that? I don't want to lose my progress, and couldn't find specific instructions in the Hub except for transferring to a new device. Thanks for any input you can give.

meme1098
08-27-16, 01:53 PM
I'm on iPad and iPhone, is uninstall and reinstall the same as transferring the game to a new device? Or do you just remove it like an app you don't want and then chose to put it out again from your purchased apps? I don't understand how the amount of memory changes either. Can you or someone explain that? I don't want to lose my progress, and couldn't find specific instructions in the Hub except for transferring to a new device. Thanks for any input you can give.

Your game is saved on S8 servers so deleting the app and reinstalling will not lose your progress.
Just be sure you have a password for your games ID (just in case...you never know with technology). Should be the password you used on here if that's your games ID up there (Nosysew)
The memory may be less at first but once you load all the images again...eventually you're back to where you were before.

Nosysew
08-27-16, 03:48 PM
Thank you Meme! I'll try it.

SpiritWind00
08-27-16, 07:36 PM
Reinstalling is different to transferring or recovering your game.

Delete and reinstall the game - Press down on the app icon until it jiggles. You can then tap the 'X' in the upper left corner to delete the app from your device. Now go to the App Store to reinstall it.