PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales: Forging a Hero - Aug 19, 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

missourijan
08-23-16, 07:22 AM
Valiant ten beat metal 11 RS 10 and Infinity 13 one more try and I am quitting tales because I know this drill last two tourneys for me took me a week to heal all my dragons, I wanted the prize, planned to spend gold to get it but oh well.

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 07:54 AM
I know it's been listed before but I haven't copied it down and next time I see it I will definitely copy them down but please can someone tell me how many Runestones/Glass Spears ect... for each type of planting?

amerirish
08-23-16, 08:03 AM
Can @Amerish or a Storm8 mod please add Lenasdiner's oh-so-handy steps (from post #243, pg. 25) to the 1st page? I have more than one acct, so I need to refer to the steps for multiple levels. And it's not just me, I've seen many requests for the Chapter lists for low & mid-levels.

Thanks again to those who add the steps in such a nice, easy-to-read fashion! You are much appreciated!

Btw, I asked earlier, but not sure if anyone saw. Does anyone have the storyline? Either screenshots, or just the text? I forgot to read it, I was so focused on the tasks, lol.

Just added the steps to Post #1 :D

nicsdragonisle
08-23-16, 08:46 AM
I know it's been listed before but I haven't copied it down and next time I see it I will definitely copy them down but please can someone tell me how many Runestones/Glass Spears ect... for each type of planting?
I think in past tales it has been 2.5 for every hour of planting. Haven't gotten there yet this time.

EDIT:Only 2 per hour this time. Strange that it changed and glad I actually paid attention.

Anuisia
08-23-16, 08:56 AM
I haven't reached this task yet but can you request donations from neighbours the night before and accept the donations when prompted? This is only my second Tales and I didn't have this task the first time (low levels). I'm afraid that I might be tight on time. Thanks for the help.

Betsy0923
08-23-16, 09:00 AM
Great story - thanks for posting. Love that it ties previous tales together and hints to future tales. I like having an ongoing story line rather than random tales.

savage_mel
08-23-16, 09:10 AM
So I thought I'd get a head start and get my love dragon on the nest (I'm on ch 4 today). First try, 33hrs ugh

belarica
08-23-16, 09:13 AM
So I thought I'd get a head start and get my love dragon on the nest (I'm on ch 4 today). First try, 33hrs ugh

Red x pink, no virtue

savage_mel
08-23-16, 09:30 AM
Red x pink, no virtue
Really? Good tip, thank you!

kooky panda
08-23-16, 10:02 AM
I haven't reached this task yet but can you request donations from neighbours the night before and accept the donations when prompted? This is only my second Tales and I didn't have this task the first time (low levels). I'm afraid that I might be tight on time. Thanks for the help.

You will need to wait until you get this act before requesting from neighbors .

Splashy81
08-23-16, 10:06 AM

Sorry this isn't an answer :rolleyes:, but I wanted to add more to this question. I haven't taken a tales to the end in a long time, but will do so for Glasswing. The donations confuse me.

-Is this like requesting maps?
-Does it matter how many people I ask for donations?
-----should I pick 20* people I know are likely to be online? (*20 is how many maps you can receive in one day????)
-----should I pick 40+ people to ask and hope for the best?

If I ask 40 people, or 60 people, or whatever number of people, what happens? Do they all receive the request and then once my 15 donations have come in, the requests sent out to others disappear?

What happens if I send out a request to 20 people & 10 people respond and 10 people don't respond... Can I send out more requests to new people????

Does anybody really know the answers to these questions or can someone from TL please respond.

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 10:09 AM

Splashy81
08-23-16, 10:09 AM
I can't believe this donations task is required to complete tales, on the last day none the less. Understandably, the tales-tasks become increasingly more difficult as one reaches the final day. But the tasks are able to be completed without spending gold if one plans well enough in advance and logs into the game frequently. The tasks are generally able to be controlled by the player (let's just ignore those 8 battles in the arena for now :mad:). Having this pointless "donations task" takes control away from the user and seems little more than a thinly veiled gold trap. Just my (frustrated) 2 cents, TL.

Splashy81
08-23-16, 10:10 AM

40 spears for 20 hours, so 2 spears per hour of food grown.

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 10:14 AM
Sorry this isn't an answer :rolleyes:, but I wanted to add more to this question. I haven't taken a tales to the end in a long time, but will do so for Glasswing. The donations confuse me.

-----should I pick 20* people I know are likely to be online? (*20 is how many maps you can receive in one day????)

If I ask 40 people, or 60 people, or whatever number of people, what happens? Do they all receive the request and then once my 15 donations have come in, the requests sent out to others disappear?

What happens if I send out a request to 20 people & 10 people respond and 10 people don't respond... Can I send out more requests to new people????

Does anybody really know the answers to these questions or can someone from TL please respond.

You can only request when prompted from the task in the Act. You can only receive 20 items from Neighbors per day but you can request from all neighbors. Issues with the time when we needed 20 items from Neighbors was some people had old map requests that came in instead of the new request. As soon as I see a new Tales I stop asking for maps until I know if there are items in Tales I need from Neighbors. Yes you can request from new neighbors just added but once you receive 20 of any combination of items in a day you can not receive any more. I hope this helps.

amerirish
08-23-16, 10:18 AM
Take this warning from my personal experience: if you have a lot of neighbors (probably 100+) DO NOT REQUEST FROM ALL NEIGHBORS AT ONE TIME/ON THE SAME DAY. Last Tales event, I had to spend 155 non-refundable gold because my requests would not go through to my neighbors because a request I sent out days before somehow clogged or blocked the system. Now, I will only send out 20 per day and to different neighbors. This of course makes the task that much more difficult which totally supports the gold trap theory in my experienced opinion.

Simdiva
08-23-16, 10:50 AM
Wow just saw the new habitat very very cool I don't know if it was just in progress or what but it's a stunner too already bought lol.

kooky panda
08-23-16, 10:54 AM
Wow just saw the new habitat very very cool I don't know if it was just in progress or what but it's a stunner too already bought lol.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?93723-New-Habitat-Dragon-Forge(Leves-August-30)

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 11:23 AM

You can only request when prompted from the task in the Act. You can only receive 20 items from Neighbors per day but you can request from all neighbors. Issues with the time when we needed 20 items from Neighbors was some people had old map requests that came in instead of the new request. As soon as I see a new Tales I stop asking for maps until I know if there are items in Tales I need from Neighbors. Yes you can request from new neighbors just added but once you receive 20 of any combination of items in a day you can not receive any more. I hope this helps.

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 11:24 AM
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?93723-New-Habitat-Dragon-Forge(Leves-August-30)

Agreed, glad they came out with it. I was worried the Olympus/Champion was the only one we were going to get.

Daenerys66
08-23-16, 11:46 AM

Next time use Love/Olympus only 3 fails 7hr,15,hr & the 28 is a Prime so unless you're Love & Olympus are both Lv15 your all good.

KatysKats
08-23-16, 12:58 PM
I have not noticed it pointed out to be sure and do the quests many more times than they are asked for in order to have the amount of items needed to craft the glass flower, anvil, and furnace. I have found out that I never have enough from just questing when prompted by the act. Need 20 shields, 14 coals and 2 blue sapphires.

amerirish
08-23-16, 01:20 PM
Ok I have a suggestion here.
What if we form an Alliance ...
20 players who will have each others back when ever S8 throws the ( request donations) acts at us.
A lasting Alliance that will not only see us through this event but those to come.
It would be easier than trying to find suitable players within our existing neighbourhoods and we still have plenty of time to set it up.
Just thinking out loud :)

I love the idea, we'll have to create a list on a separate thread I think. I'm in the game practically every waking minute so feel free to include me :)

I have not noticed it pointed out to be sure and do the quests many more times than they are asked for in order to have the amount of items needed to craft the glass flower, anvil, and furnace. I have found out that I never have enough from just questing when prompted by the act. Need 20 shields, 14 coals and 2 blue sapphires.

I totally agree, I send my dragon out on quests as often as possible after I've leveled them up to the requirements which I do immediately upon hatching them. Currently my Forgefather is evolving to level 10 while I wait for Chapter 4 to start.

SofiaDeo
08-23-16, 02:34 PM
I have 3 accounts & play alot. (Sick in bed, unfortunately) I honor all reqs, even do my visits b4 sending maps/blossom/whatever to fairly distribute my visiting to stay at social max without visiting every. single. peep. So I will start a thread Sof's Req Alliance & name my accts, plz add ur S8 ID's......

random59
08-23-16, 02:54 PM
It's the timeline thing that could be tricky ( 7am Wednesday here in New Zealand) but could work.

Yes is true, so we will be on the same time line I'm in theory 2 hours behind but reset is at the same time. IF you want you can send me an invite and put me on your donation list if you like!

........If anyone needs a neighbour who will gift donation after reset feel free to add me, am always playing at that time of day!

laurelsail
08-23-16, 03:29 PM
Can you craft the Mighty Furnace ahead of time? When it says "have" instead of "craft"... Thanks!

random59
08-23-16, 03:33 PM
Can you craft the Mighty Furnace ahead of time? When it says "have" instead of "craft"... Thanks!

Yes you can but you will have extra parts left in storage as there is a sturdy steel quest in Chapter 9, I am going to do mine after the chapter 9 quest as it will be ready for Chapter 10. The dragon anvil you have to craft when requested however.

Aly_10
08-23-16, 04:40 PM
Yes you can but you will have extra parts left in storage as there is a sturdy steel quest in Chapter 9, I am going to do mine after the chapter 9 quest as it will be ready for Chapter 10. The dragon anvil you have to craft when requested however.
Random59 re : dragon anvil... I thought you can craft ahead of time and wait till prompted before removing it from the spell shop? pls clarify much oblige

ellaslair
08-23-16, 05:32 PM
When it says "hatch a love dragon", do I need to leave it in the breeding den till chapter 6 begins, or can I move the egg to the nest and let it sit there till I begin chapter 6? Thanks....

belarica
08-23-16, 05:48 PM
When it says "hatch a love dragon", do I need to leave it in the breeding den till chapter 6 begins, or can I move the egg to the nest and let it sit there till I begin chapter 6? Thanks....

I think both count now. Personally, I have love and life both waiting on nests right now.

kooky panda
08-23-16, 05:55 PM
You can move it to the nest. Wait to hatch it until you get the act.

kimijo48
08-23-16, 07:33 PM
So I'm really disappointed in the prize of 16 island parts at the end of chapter 5. I can't use them my islands from mining have been done for some time now and my mine is blocked off. Is there or will there be an alternative prize for those of us who already had are islands completed. I'll take maps. Thk u

belarica
08-23-16, 08:22 PM
So I'm really disappointed in the prize of 16 island parts at the end of chapter 5. I can't use them my islands from mining have been done for some time now and my mine is blocked off. Is there or will there be an alternative prize for those of us who already had are islands completed. I'll take maps. Thk u

Maybe it means they're going to open that side of the mine again :)

Gladiola8
08-23-16, 09:37 PM
Hello S8, I just received 15 Island Parts. As I have reached the max.of island expansion a while ago, what can I do with this prize?

I hope you will in the future consider a habitat as a prize, this will be much appreciated. I am sure players will be happy too!

Aly_10
08-23-16, 10:14 PM
Forgefather is now lvl 10 and then I noticed this ☺
very nice.....hopefully I can reach that much food when I get mine to level 10 as well

random59
08-23-16, 11:35 PM
Random59 re : dragon anvil... I thought you can craft ahead of time and wait till prompted before removing it from the spell shop? pls clarify much oblige

Sorry been at work no Dragon anvil needs to be crafted at the Chapters request as it asks you to craft the anvil in one of the acts. The mighty furnace says in the act says have so you can craft early.

Reflecting on what I have just said, you can craft it early but you must leave it in the craft shop until the act request you to craft it,if it is in the craft shop the game will tell you you already have something crafting, exit it out of the message and the finish crafting. If you place it before the request you will not be credited for it. HOpe this helps.

31aug2002
08-23-16, 11:49 PM
The battles are grueling!!!
I am level 110 , so playing at high lvl.
Am at chapter 5 .. Started my battles a Around yesterday afternoon and stilling not been able to do 4 battles.
Am stuck with castle lvl 13 and have tried all the recommended Dragons. I have a 6 deep line of dragons waiting to visit the spa.
I was hoping for a tournament last night as it makes easier to do the battles but no such luck.
With a total of 24 battles to win.....

And I so do want the glasswing as it is a Rainbow/ champion . Willing to sacrifice all the food that is needed to get it.

Any suggestions as to beat CASTLE DRAGON???

random59
08-23-16, 11:57 PM
Am at chapter 5 .. Started my battles a Around yesterday afternoon and stilling not been able to do 4 battles.
Am stuck with castle lvl 13 and have tried all the recommended Dragons. I have a 6 deep line of dragons waiting to visit the spa.
I was hoping for a tournament last night as it makes easier to do the battles but no such luck.

And I so do want the glasswing as it is a Rainbow/ champion . Willing to sacrifice all the food that is needed to get it.

Try a white and blue dragon, Blue Moon, Disco. Banshee to name a few!

lenasdinner
08-24-16, 12:07 AM
People please be awere to 'have' and 'craft' something in spell shop.sometimes acts in chapters that we post are not 100% correct.so I recomend if it says have hold it in the shop until you are asc for it,and collect it.
In past events we had this kind of differents.this dosent mean that this is not correct....just be cerful.

pernmagic
08-24-16, 12:53 AM
Just a question to top level players ...... I'm L182 ...... I have RS L15 champ/rainbow and Glasswing is the same combo only difference is Rs is super rare Glasswing is ultra rare .....this tales is food hungry , high battle numbers and needing neighbour support in the last chapter which is usually difficult and the vast amounts of food needed throughout the tales do you really consider its worth going through to the finish .......
I've completed ch5 but struggling to get all the crafting pieces and food to eventually hopefully complete
Just asking ..... Not complaining :)

temecee
08-24-16, 02:10 AM
The battles on Chaper 5 are driving me crazy. And it's just for the mid level battles. i can't imagine what higher levels have to do :(

Sandybellee
08-24-16, 02:14 AM
Started trying for Life. First try is 6 hours. (Probably a Landworm. Usually I get lots of Landworms before managing to get Life - it's like Landworm was a common on my Isles!)
Hoping to score a Dino during these tries since I still don't have one.

DragonflyRocket
08-24-16, 03:19 AM
I've got life 1st try now sitting waiting.
Though trying for love, I've now got Virtue twice in a row, that's 33hrs each for breed then another 33hrs each for hatching.

Guess my chances are just about over for getting through this one in time.

Clark_Wayne
08-24-16, 03:32 AM
People please be awere to 'have' and 'craft' something in spell shop.sometimes acts in chapters that we post are not 100% correct.so I recomend if it says have hold it in the shop until you are asc for it,and collect it.
In past events we had this kind of differents.this dosent mean that this is not correct....just be cerful.

totally agree : when it says "have", i always craft it the day before and let it in craft shop until i need it ;) just in case the word was not the good one (too many traps made me cautious ;) )

Clark_Wayne
08-24-16, 03:34 AM

before i got level 15 champ, i used to choose a white-pink dragon (Valentine , tiny, melody,..)

FieldsLikeB
08-24-16, 03:52 AM
Dear Storm 8. You put island parts as a prize with insane food and this many battles for high level players during tales and you can kiss my average of 100 bucks a month good bye cuz I'm already not doing your Leader Boards. The dragons first and last were some of the best but this is impossible and the useless island parts took my wanting to even try to win glass wing away.

luckyaa7
08-24-16, 04:27 AM
Just a question to top level players ...... I'm L182 ...... I have RS L15 champ/rainbow and Glasswing is the same combo only difference is Rs is super rare Glasswing is ultra rare .....this tales is food hungry , high battle numbers and needing neighbour support in the last chapter which is usually difficult and the vast amounts of food needed throughout the tales do you really consider its worth going through to the finish .......
I've completed ch5 but struggling to get all the crafting pieces and food to eventually hopefully complete

Hi I am level 192. I also have RS but going to try to get this one. I don't know whether it's going to be any better than RS in battle as RS is not my best fighter. But i really like this one. Besides, we can always grow more food but this one will be gone if we miss it.

pernmagic
08-24-16, 05:02 AM
Hi I am level 192. I also have RS but going to try to get this one. I don't know whether it's going to be any better than RS in battle as RS is not my best fighter. But i really like this one. Besides, we can always grow more food but this one will be gone if we miss it.
Thanks , I agree, my doubts came because my RS is one of my best in arena so I'll see how far can get .... Thanks :)

Sandybellee
08-24-16, 05:17 AM
I've got life 1st try now sitting waiting.
Though trying for love, I've now got Virtue twice in a row, that's 33hrs each for breed then another 33hrs each for hatching.

Guess my chances are just about over for getting through this one in time.

You can completely avoid Virtue (33 hours) and Justice (25 hours) fails by breeding Love (or any other white-red dragon) with Olympus.

Kennedward
08-24-16, 06:00 AM
Finished Chapter 6, on track with 1 chapter per day

31aug2002
08-24-16, 06:26 AM
Try a white and blue dragon, Blue Moon, Disco. Banshee to name a few!

before i got level 15 champ, i used to choose a white-pink dragon (Valentine , tiny, melody,..)

Sorry for replying late as had to go out!!

Thank you for your help. But before I went out I tried the blue white combos I had,I.e blue moon, Moonglow.... They both lost miserably. And before that my level 12 champion had lost twice.(???) As this was my 10th try and I still had 2 more battles for chapter 5 .. And another 6 of chapter 6 looming ahead.. And I was already into day 6. ... So I ultimated it.
Thankfully the battles in chapter 6 have not been so tough till now ( fingers and toes crossed) I have already done 3 and 3 more to go..hope I don't have anymore trouble.

Passera
08-24-16, 06:37 AM
Grrrrreat! I finished chapter 5 yesterday got rewarded the Island parts and then when I log on this morning it says I have one more battle to win which of course I lose ugh. I sure as heck hope this doesn't happen again it might just be the final nail in the coffin!!!!

jagarjag
08-24-16, 06:42 AM

Hi Pern. I totally hear what you are saying. I don't compulsively participate in all tales any more. But this one is special. I bought the RS pack when it came out and it is the only time I have spent real money in a game, ever. While it was definitely worth it and RS is my best fighter now, it has left me with a sense of unfulfillment and I want to get a rainbow/champ on my own merit.

As far as the foods are concerned, we can safely assume that this will be the new standard from now on and if we are to participate in tales we have to be prepared with atleast this much food. I would say, give it a try and see how long you can go without stressing up too much. Good luck.

31aug2002
08-24-16, 07:03 AM
I am participating in this tales for the sole purpose of getting the Glasswing ,which is an UR and that too a Rainbow /Champion combo. I do not have the RS and have seen many players using it in battles, so I hope to raise it to lvl 15 ASAP. That in itself is going to be an uphill task with the amount of food it will require! After finishing the tales my food levels are going to be very low and I will have to do non stop aggressive farming to build up my food lvls.
But I feel it is worth it .. And if I have to UH one or 2 opponents... I feel totally worth it.

CastleCaring
08-24-16, 07:48 AM
how do you breed specific dragons? i.e. LOVE or LIGHT or VIRTUE. this event needs many and I cannot buy them

topgate44
08-24-16, 08:18 AM
light at lower level you can't breed you buy for 150,000 from market. Love is red/white. many combos there. fire/light. playful/light.

virtue is from the same you usually get virtue first then love.

anaghasaki
08-24-16, 08:36 AM
I am participating in this tales for the sole purpose of getting the Glasswing ,which is an UR and that too a Rainbow /Champion combo. I do not have the RS and have seen many players using it in battles, so I hope to raise it to lvl 15 ASAP. That in itself is going to be an uphill task with the amount of food it will require! After finishing the tales my food levels are going to be very low and I will have to do non stop aggressive farming to build up my food lvls.
But I feel it is worth it .. And if I have to UH one or 2 opponents... I feel totally worth it.

I am doubtful about this one's usefulness in battles.. I think all the earlier ultra rare, champion dragons earned from tournaments and tales have failed in battles miserably (at least that is the case on my island).. Let's see how this one performs..

athenageez
08-24-16, 08:50 AM
Stuck on chapter 4: Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. I can't seem to find anything to beat a Blast Dragon. I've lost Fire, Air, Diamond and Stalwart 15. It's not in any of the charts or calculators. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

CastleCaring
08-24-16, 10:51 AM
How do I breed a Virtue dragon

starship412
08-24-16, 10:55 AM
Stuck on chapter 4: Win 3 Battle Arena Matches. I can't seem to find anything to beat a Blast Dragon. I've lost Fire, Air, Diamond and Stalwart 15. It's not in any of the charts or calculators. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks

I would try Water or a blue hybrid. Good luck.

starship412
08-24-16, 10:57 AM
How do I breed a Virtue dragon

Red + White

DragonflyRocket
08-24-16, 11:37 AM
You can completely avoid Virtue (33 hours) and Justice (25 hours) fails by breeding Love (or any other white-red dragon) with Olympus.

Thanks, I'll give that a try next and hopefully I can make up the time to finish still.

SofiaDeo
08-24-16, 12:24 PM
I used Fire & Light. Got several Loves plus 15hr Laserlight.

PrairieGrass
08-24-16, 01:58 PM
Any one else having more difficulty than usual on these battles?
I can't get a level 13 Goldwing to go down!
I'm stuck on Ch 4 on my 5th day because I can't get through my 2nd battle. I even had to ultimate my first battle because i only had a 10% chance of winning and I had never used gold on the battles of the Tales until maybe the last day. I'm not going to ultimate again here.
I've tried Award, Cursed Idol, Germany, Amphora, Astro, Camelot, Chariot, Comic,Warrior Princess and others, some more than once!
This isn't a tournament and I'm only on Chapter 4 for goodness sake.
Any suggestions to beat a gold producing dragon?
Thanks

Just adding...I'm level 167 and I've looked back at previous posts and see it's not just me having difficulty with these battles.
Frustrating to realize the odds are against me so soon. Will have to rethink how far I'll try to go as the last dragon will be unattainable with so many battles.

savage_mel
08-24-16, 02:11 PM
UNREAL! trying for love I got two virtues back to back and on my other account I got Justice and laser light. Love is supposed to be common, right??

Gladiola8
08-24-16, 02:13 PM
Any one else having more difficulty than usual on these battles?
I can't get a level 13 Goldwing to go down!
I'm stuck on Ch 4 on my 5th day because I can't get through my 2nd battle. I even had to ultimate my first battle because i only had a 10% chance of winning and I had never used gold on the battles of the Tales until maybe the last day. I'm not going to ultimate again here.
I've tried Award, Cursed Idol, Germany, Amphora, Astro, Camelot, Chariot, Comic,Warrior Princess and others, some more than once!
This isn't a tournament and I'm only on Chapter 4 for goodness sake.
Any suggestions to beat a gold producing dragon?
Thanks

I beat Goldwing 13 with Rose Knight 15 last night. This one can sometimes hard to beat. I use champ to beat dragons level 13 up and use diamond 15 to beat high level champ. Good luck, otherwise you can use battle arena calculator, it's very helpful.

DragonflyRocket
08-24-16, 02:27 PM
UNREAL! trying for love I got two virtues back to back and on my other account I got Justice and laser light. Love is supposed to be common, right??

Yeah same here. Someone recommend a red/white combo (love or laser light) and Olympus to take the virtue and justice fails out of the equation. Haven't tried as yet, still waiting for my virtues to hatch and finish breeding.

savage_mel
08-24-16, 02:50 PM
Yeah same here. Someone recommend a red/white combo (love or laser light) and Olympus to take the virtue and justice fails out of the equation. Haven't tried as yet, still waiting for my virtues to hatch and finish breeding.
I will try that next....in 32 more hours😁

random59
08-24-16, 02:57 PM
How long do requests stay active? I sent out 31 requests for maps yesterday am, I have since received 25 maps, how long will the other 6 requests stay active?

The reason I am asking is because on Sunday I will be wanting to send out donation requests and if I don't get another map back before then I will be 1 short, if 1 were to come back on Sunday.

EvieandIzzie
08-24-16, 03:57 PM
How long do requests stay active? I sent out 31 requests for maps yesterday am, I have since received 25 maps, how long will the other 6 requests stay active?

The reason I am asking is because on Sunday I will be wanting to send out donation requests and if I don't get another map back before then I will be 1 short, if 1 were to come back on Sunday.
Remember when you send out requests do not send to Stormie. Stormie's reply does not count towards the 20 a day limit.
What you need to do is request from Stormie if you are 1 short. This was experienced in a Tales where you had to get 20 on the last day, where many people, myself included only receive 19. Thankfully I played the Stormie request and got the 20.

niclee219
08-24-16, 04:21 PM
can anyone tell me how to get or harvest the Glass Spears? When I click on the Harvest button, it brings me to my farms and then that's it. There's nothing to plant that's like glass spears. Can someone help!

belarica
08-24-16, 04:22 PM
can anyone tell me how to get or harvest the Glass Spears? When I click on the Harvest button, it brings me to my farms and then that's it. There's nothing to plant that's like glass spears. Can someone help!

You get glass spears in addition to apples. So plant your (any) food and you will get spears when you harvest.

roguebee
08-24-16, 06:06 PM

You should be safe. There has been some informal research on the matter of map requests and length active. (Deedee may not agree with "informal" to describe her efforts.) Basically you send your requests out and get back hopefully 20 on Day 1. If you don't send any out on Day 2, a few more will drift in. On Day 3, you will seldom get any back from the original round. I can't remember anyone saying that they received a 4 day old map request.

athenageez
08-24-16, 08:46 PM
Ahh thank you Starship! Atlantis 11 bB :D

At least all those loses gave me time to plant Diamondates for Glass Spears harvesting. Thankfully it looks like they're 2 per hour of farming.

CuteTali
08-24-16, 09:02 PM
These quests have long become completely impossible to complete :( I can never have enough food to level the dragons they want me to level to SUCH high levels. I understand leveling to 5, 7, maybe even 10, but anything beyond that, is just impossible and moreover, I don't want all these random dragons to be anything over level 9-10 to begin with. I only want the ultra rares at 11+. This is so beyond annoying.

P.S. I am currently level 183, so I get the worse type of set of goals and yes, getting enough food is extremely difficult to level anything to level 10 and worse to any levels beyond that.

runamuck1
08-24-16, 09:10 PM
Wow, just was looking ahead to see what I need to get ready. Breed a virtue dragon with another. I didn't even have a Virtue until I got one with a fail setting up for hatching a love dragon. Virtue is a 33 hour breed/hatch/evolve so I can be ready for day 9. It's also a rare so good luck to anyone who needs one. Day 10 is going to be hectic.

nyrrem
08-24-16, 09:44 PM
This game is losing its sppeal.

random59
08-24-16, 11:28 PM
You should be safe. There has been some informal research on the matter of map requests and length active. (Deedee may not agree with "informal" to describe her efforts.) Basically you send your requests out and get back hopefully 20 on Day 1. If you don't send any out on Day 2, a few more will drift in. On Day 3, you will seldom get any back from the original round. I can't remember anyone saying that they received a 4 day old map request.

I think it was 31 I sent, I received 20 before reset including Stormie and I have received 5 after reset, so was just wondering. Yes I have received maps on day 4 and had map requests also. Requests were sent Wednesday and I will not be requesting until Sunday so I hope I'm good.

Star7499
08-24-16, 11:46 PM
What is the best combination to get a life dragon

temecee
08-24-16, 11:57 PM

I usually got life using the classical fire plus forest but i 'm sure there are other options as well.

31aug2002
08-24-16, 11:59 PM

I got mine with fire +forest.
I started breeding the required Dragons early in the quest. I got life when the task asked us to breed forest with any other dragon .. So my life has been sitting on the nest for the past so many days. I was able to buy a 2nd nest some time back , so I was able to carry on with my other breeding requirements.

jihee1987
08-25-16, 12:06 AM
Is this meant to fail, this tale:eek:

Nikkook
08-25-16, 12:07 AM
I always get one with forest and life. Cuts out most fails.

Cesar49
08-25-16, 12:33 AM
Ouch! I just put a level 4 Olympus dragon with a level 4 love dragon, to get the love dragon I need for tomorrow, but got the 15 hour Laserlight (I assume) instead. I ask you, level FOUR! I never get the common ones on these tales - last time I needed a life dragon it took me 6 tries! On the plus side I do get some good dragons!

pernmagic
08-25-16, 02:22 AM
3rd attempt to breed Life .....fire X Forest ....2 landworm then life so will be ready for tomorrow morning ..... :) apart from the time problem for chapter 10 on Saturday ..... With 8 battles to get through then plus the donations ... Think I have the rest sorted .... Might finish ....

EmmaLedger95
08-25-16, 04:18 AM
Now I'm seriously mad. I have only been farming 5 farms for a whole day because I put 2 of them on 20 hrs so I could pass 7:4 and when I farmed them as prompted I only got 2 shards a piece.

I was getting 2 shards per every 1 harvest of the 1 hr. Crop. Eek...I can't remember the name as I always plant DD. But I was shocked to see 2 shards, I don't know why the discrepancies. Maybe I had good luck just for having to sit though three virtue fails.

Jennerwein1
08-25-16, 04:53 AM
Island pieces, really? My mine has been closed for a while. So I am hoping for a Grand Reopening! (Hint,hint) Now I have Virtue instead of Love in the den. Can we have a breeding den activation sale like during the Moneyboard events?

Xyn25
08-25-16, 05:17 AM
I was getting 2 shards per every 1 harvest of the 1 hr. Crop. Eek...I can't remember the name as I always plant DD. But I was shocked to see 2 shards, I don't know why the discrepancies. Maybe I had good luck just for having to sit though three virtue fails.

I'm on chapter 7 and I was counting on the 20 shards per each 8 hour crop. Was surprised and disappointed to see that I only got 16 per each. Seems this is the new standard...

raygill1
08-25-16, 05:27 AM
I feel like I'm playing catch up with this tales, the tales started all by its self, 36 hours before I noticed, so I was grateful that I caught up almost straight away, but then I'm convinced that chapter 4 started on chapter 3, and for some reason I'm really struggling to win battles, my opponents seem to be ridiculously hard, for example I'm on loosing to dark crystal 14........ Is anyone else experiencing this?

insomniadreams88
08-25-16, 05:30 AM
The game just automatically skipped chapter 4 for me and charged me the gold for it. Doubt emailing will do anything, but I'm going to try because there's no way I would have spent that gold and I wasn't even on the Dragon Tales screen when it did.

Kennedward
08-25-16, 06:00 AM
Crafting White Glass dragon now, hopefully will finish this on time even though the timeframe given seems a little tight

Sandybellee
08-25-16, 06:17 AM
So far three 6 hour timers in a row trying for Life. Happens almost every time. Sigh...

amerirish
08-25-16, 06:24 AM
So I'm on Chapter 5, fighting my 4 battles and I see that the reward is "15 Island Parts" what the heck is that? :confused:

zyfazix
08-25-16, 06:45 AM
Looking ahead in this tales I don't see a reason to continue. White Glass is not appealing and the final prize is too much effort. I will however level Forgefather to level 10 because I like the way he looks

belarica
08-25-16, 06:45 AM
So I'm on Chapter 5, fighting my 4 battles and I see that the reward is "15 Island Parts" what the heck is that? :confused:

From the dynamite side of the mine, I think

amerirish
08-25-16, 06:55 AM
From the dynamite side of the mine, I think

Uggh, I hope not; I've been maxed at 999 forever :(

CastleCaring
08-25-16, 07:00 AM
how did you breed life dragon?

temecee
08-25-16, 07:11 AM

So I'm not the only one still fighting with chapter 5?

amerirish
08-25-16, 07:53 AM
Well, I'm on Chapter 5 but have only lost one battle (number 3 for my goal). I used Forest & Forest for the breeding step so I only had to deal with a 30 second egg. I already had Forgefather evolved to level 10 so I have the whole day and night to win the last 2 battles. I hope things get better for you too :)

amerirish
08-25-16, 07:57 AM
how did you breed life dragon?

Forest & Fire (6 outcomes) or Life & Olympus (8 outcomes). Personally I'm going to use Dino & Fire because there's only 6 outcomes, with Life being the only Common and if I get a Rex 'fail' I will have all the Dino dragons! :D Good luck!!

Laicie70
08-25-16, 08:24 AM
Hi guys. This is my first post here so bear with me pls lol
I don't know if it's been asked yet but does anyone know the drop rate for glass spears in respect to the different crops?
TIA :)

belarica
08-25-16, 08:29 AM
Hi guys. This is my first post here so bear with me pls lol
I don't know if it's been asked yet but does anyone know the drop rate for glass spears in respect to the different crops?
TIA :)

I think it's 2 per hour. I got 14 from a full batch of 1 hour foods yesterday.

belarica
08-25-16, 08:38 AM
Uggh, I hope not; I've been maxed at 999 forever :(

Just finished chapter 5, they are :(

temecee
08-25-16, 08:50 AM
Well, I'm on Chapter 5 but have only lost one battle (number 3 for my goal). I used Forest & Forest for the breeding step so I only had to deal with a 30 second egg. I already had Forgefather evolved to level 10 so I have the whole day and night to win the last 2 battles. I hope things get better for you too :)

Thank you for the good wishes.

Finally managed to finish chapter 5. Will play catch up from now. Not hopefull to finish on time but at least it's better than earlier :)

saghaven
08-25-16, 09:04 AM
I got lucky and just did Life & Diamond and got three hours. My trick has been to try for the needed dragons days before it's actually needed. It ties up one nest for a while but I've noticed it's easier to get the common dragons you'll need if you're not on or close to the step when they're needed.

Laicie70
08-25-16, 09:05 AM
I think it's 2 per hour. I got 14 from a full batch of 1 hour foods yesterday.

Thanks belarica :)
Just wanted to know if planting 20 hour crops for the 60 spears was worth it! ;)

jim23cash
08-25-16, 09:07 AM
I saw we needed a Love Dragon in a few days, so I tryed to breed one early, to have it ready... My first try two days ago, with Fire and Lazerlight, got VIRTUE, 32 hours! So, what are the chances of getting it again? All those who have tried for Pink, and know how hard it is to breed...? That's right! 100%! I got another 32 Hour Virtue today on my 2nd try! Fire and Red Rose. I won't need the Love until after reset tonight, but I'm not thinking the "ODDS" are in my favor. :rolleyes:

saghaven
08-25-16, 09:14 AM
Thanks belarica :)
Just wanted to know if planting 20 hour crops for the 60 spears was worth it! ;)

I had planted 20 hours crops on two of my farms yesterday so they'd be ready today. Got 40 spears from each farm. So the 20 hour crop is worth it.

amerirish
08-25-16, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I finished Chapter 5 today too, pffftt mining parts. Who has been asking for more of those? No one, that's who :mad:

TwinkleTwiny
08-25-16, 11:06 AM
I always get love but now that I want one... I have bred 2 later lights and 2 virtues so far

amerirish
08-25-16, 11:11 AM
I used Love & Olympus and got Love on the first try. I then moved my breeding roost alllllll the way to the other side of my island so I don't accidentally hatch it before tomorrow! lol ;)

Annica5
08-25-16, 11:13 AM
I always get love but now that I want one... I have bred 2 later lights and 2 virtues so far

I have 2 Kitsunes in a row! Plus 1 Light and 1 Laserlight! When I think of how long I waited for my first Kitsune, many many months and I loved the look so much and envied all other islands that had her... *bitter laugh*

raygill1
08-25-16, 12:40 PM
I have 2 Kitsunes in a row! Plus 1 Light and 1 Laserlight! When I think of how long I waited for my first Kitsune, many many months and I loved the look so much and envied all other islands that had her... *bitter laugh*

Have you tried kitsue X light? That worked for me days ago! Good luck!

saghaven
08-25-16, 01:01 PM
Ugh, I just did a dumb thing. I've got Life sitting on the nest so that only leaves one nest available to me. My dragons finished in the den and like a dummy I put the Laserlight fail on it, forgetting White Glass is about to be done crafting. So I'll need to spend gold to finish the Laserlight as I'm not risking losing the Life and not being able to get it back.

amerirish
08-25-16, 01:16 PM
Ugh, I just did a dumb thing. I've got Life sitting on the nest so that only leaves one nest available to me. My dragons finished in the den and like a dummy I put the Laserlight fail on it, forgetting White Glass is about to be done crafting. So I'll need to spend gold to finish the Laserlight as I'm not risking losing the Life and not being able to get it back.

Uggh! That sucks :( pretty sure we've all done stuff like that before. Could you maybe wait a few hours so that you can reduce the number of gold you spend and have WG hatch overnight? Might take a little bit of the sting out of the situation :)

Laicie70
08-25-16, 01:32 PM
I had planted 20 hours crops on two of my farms yesterday so they'd be ready today. Got 40 spears from each farm. So the 20 hour crop is worth it.

Wow, nice saghaven! I still have a bit to go before the 60 spears but I'll be sure to do that as well. Thanks for the info :)

freshfunin2008
08-25-16, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I finished Chapter 5 today too, pffftt mining parts. Who has been asking for more of those? No one, that's who :mad:

another wasteful reward. But notice they did take away some of the food rewards just to make it harder for us.

Clark_Wayne
08-25-16, 03:46 PM
White Glass egg (5h hatching) :

starship412
08-25-16, 03:59 PM
Gotta love the wasteful land parts and breeding requirements. They say the breeding is not adjusted during dt but I see people saying it's harder to breed common dragons like Love and Coral during the event.

TwinkleTwiny
08-25-16, 03:59 PM

I would love having kitsune as a fail

starship412
08-25-16, 04:08 PM
Kitsune is a fabulous fail. I kept the two Kitsune fails as well, lol.

savage_mel
08-25-16, 04:13 PM
2 virtues and a laserlight. I'm so far behind now its not likely i'll catch up. they insist that breeding rules don't change during tales. I call bull*

nyrrem
08-25-16, 04:39 PM
Aimed for Love but ended up with...Viture.

nyrrem
08-25-16, 04:41 PM
We are getting some great prizes for completing chapters too. Xp and coins. I couldn't be more happy.

Clark_Wayne
08-25-16, 05:00 PM

Kitsune is a fabulous fail. I kept the two Kitsune fails as well, lol.

yes ;) and you can trade the 2nd kitsune for 1 big pink gem , that will help you to craft Quartz (powerful vs yellow-green dragons)

JDanil07
08-25-16, 05:55 PM
I have been having good luck with breeding this time. I got my Love (Virtue+Olympus) and Life (Forest + Fire) dragons on the first try. Actually, I had to do Love twice because I crafted Courier and Overgrowth just before starting the Tales event and made a mistake planning how to use the nests, so I had to hatch my first Love and breed another. Got it on first try again. I bred the Life dragon for the step that said "breed a forest dragon with another dragon", ****ing two birds with one stone.

I also managed to breed and hatch a Dark Crystal while the breeding den and one nest were free.

9krm
08-25-16, 06:26 PM
For those of you who are getting virtue fails: you might want to keep one, if you don't have it already, since you have to breed virtue & another dragon in chapter 9 (high levels).

starship412
08-25-16, 07:19 PM
Kitsune/Light, Kitsune/Olympus, Virtue/Light, Virtue/Olympus are good combinations to stay away from Virtue fails. Any Pink with Olympus itself will give you four options: Olympus, Love, Laserlight and Prime Power.

JMThrive
08-25-16, 09:16 PM
I got Laserlight & Virtue fails before getting love on 3rd try with Fire & Light. Got Life on first try with Fire & Forest. Wish I had checked here first & found out about using Olympus/Virtue combo. Main thing is to start breeding early.

DeeDe99
08-25-16, 09:53 PM
Chapt 5 done, Love waiting to be hatched. Got first try Virtue+Olympus. Fire+Forest of course produced Landworm first try, as usual! Just cruisin' along really. 8 battles on the last day is the tough bit for me, no battling during work.

random59
08-25-16, 11:29 PM
Chapt 5 done, Love waiting to be hatched. Got first try Virtue+Olympus. Fire+Forest of course produced Landworm first try, as usual! Just cruisin' along really. 8 battles on the last day is the tough bit for me, no battling during work.

Feel your pain there!

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 01:52 AM
I forgot to plant my 20 hour crops early enough yesterday, so I have to wait a few more hours to collect 80 tokens before I can start crafting White Glass. I finally have a Life on the nest ready for tomorrow. It took only 4 tries this time.

dragonfliesplace
08-26-16, 02:29 AM
Just wondering if it is better to send out 15 donation requests at a time or just a whole bunch at once? Or does it not make a difference?

pernmagic
08-26-16, 02:32 AM
I'm on Chapter 9 .... Deliberately sped the chapters yesterday because of normal life time demands which coincide with last two chapters especially on the last chapter , my decison as I really want to completed this one , often I don't bother to go past second dragon ......

Chapter nine complete.... Had just enough food to raise white glass dragon to last evolution to L10 now to scavenge food from mines and farms to get to L13 for last chapter, once done just have decide when to start last chapter to stand a chance of finishing .... Life gets in the way of DS ... ( two newish rescue older dogs both with health problems one with severe in patient care for 4 days plus normal life of course :) )

temecee
08-26-16, 03:36 AM
Waw! Never thought that I'll end up here.... I have the WhiteGlass dragon on the nest..... after the time spent on the battles on Chapter 5 I almost gave up but now I'm a little more hopefull and now I'm back to getting all thew food that I can in order to level him up.

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 04:11 AM
I haven't requested any maps since the tales started and I'm still receiving them from my last request over a week ago. (I'm in the middle of chapter 7 right now so haven't received them as a chapter prize today.) Yesterday I had 59/60 and today I had 60/60 and was able to start an expansion. So it's definitely safest to not send out any requests once a tales is announced until it's over.

Cesar49
08-26-16, 06:04 AM
First of my 6 battles is a Map dragon. I've no idea what to put against it, though the magic it produces is fire so perhaps treating it like a red dragon would work. Any ideas/advice would be welcome!

Got him! Level 14 yellow/red dragon beat the map dragon with a magic knockout!

snowyglowy
08-26-16, 06:14 AM
In chapter 7 says craft white glass dragon but I hv just 1 white glass favors how to get more favors?? :confused:Any suggestions?? Please and thank you

Splashy81
08-26-16, 06:18 AM
First of my 6 battles is a Map dragon. I've no idea what to put against it, though the magic it produces is fire so perhaps treating it like a red dragon would work. Any ideas/advice would be welcome!

Try a red type such as Fire or Playful. Compass Rose took down my RS 12, but Fire 10 took care of him!

Splashy81
08-26-16, 06:20 AM
In chapter 7 says craft white glass dragon but I hv just 1 white glass favors how to get more favors?? :confused:Any suggestions?? Please and thank you

You'll get another "favor" after you finish step 4 of chapter 7

Aly_10
08-26-16, 07:43 AM
I have been having good luck with breeding this time. I got my Love (Virtue+Olympus) and Life (Forest + Fire) dragons on the first try. Actually, I had to do Love twice because I crafted Courier and Overgrowth just before starting the Tales event and made a mistake planning how to use the nests, so I had to hatch my first Love and breed another. Got it on first try again. I bred the Life dragon for the step that said "breed a forest dragon with another dragon", ****ing two birds with one stone.

I also managed to breed and hatch a Dark Crystal while the breeding den and one nest were free.
can I ask u how u got a dark crystal...been trying for 2 months

JDanil07
08-26-16, 08:10 AM
can I ask u how u got a dark crystal...been trying for 2 months

gemstone + peacock. There's a separate thread about it here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93641-Omg!!!!!!!!!!-Dark-crystal-dragon-is-breedable!!!!!!!!!)

Aly_10
08-26-16, 08:31 AM
hello everybody .. i just completed chapter 5. the reward is found in the storage button. once u press the island parts it will say your land is expanding but i'm not sure where it would be located. i'll just wait and see. hope this info is helpful. so far a chapter a day. i think we got an extra day to complete the tales...hooray

Aly_10
08-26-16, 08:32 AM
gemstone + peacock. There's a separate thread about it here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93641-Omg!!!!!!!!!!-Dark-crystal-dragon-is-breedable!!!!!!!!!)
thank you very much .. good luck with the tales

Splashy81
08-26-16, 08:33 AM
I'm on Chapter 9 .... Deliberately sped the chapters yesterday because of normal life time demands which coincide with last two chapters especially on the last chapter , my decison as I really want to completed this one , often I don't bother to go past second dragon ......

Chapter nine complete.... Had just enough food to raise white glass dragon to last evolution to L10 now to scavenge food from mines and farms to get to L13 for last chapter, once done just have decide when to start last chapter to stand a chance of finishing .... Life gets in the way of DS ... ( two newish rescue older dogs both with health problems one with severe in patient care for 4 days plus normal life of course :) )

How many gems does it cost to start chapter 10 early? Thanks!

Kennedward
08-26-16, 08:37 AM
Just finished Chapter 7

guinnatar
08-26-16, 10:23 AM
I finished chapter 6 and am half way through chapter 7 but I never got the white glass favor in my supplies.

Never mind, it did finally appear.

Clark_Wayne
08-26-16, 10:27 AM

no gems ;) but usually it cost 50 golds (this supposed you finished chapter 9 )

dragonmother17
08-26-16, 10:56 AM
A tournament! Praise be! We have a chance to complete those 8 battles on the final day if we throw the tournament and save the first eight rounds for the tasks.

I am so happy right now! Especially as we already have a Guardian Angel Dragon so we're not even missing out on a new dragon.

31aug2002
08-26-16, 11:31 AM
I have finished chapter 8 today. I was sure we would get a tournament today . But a flash tournament??? I was expecting a six day one as we just had a flash one last time. My bad!!!
Now I am in a dilemma. Either I throw the tournament which I really don't want to as the prize is a champion. OR I speed up my days so that I can complete my dragon tales without a hitch....
Aaaarrghh. ...

Star7499
08-26-16, 12:36 PM
A tournament ohhh have fun and a dragon I already have even better now I can just ignore the tournament and continue on with the Dragon Tales

monbohn
08-26-16, 01:00 PM
I need to win 2 more battles for chapter 6 and now a tournament starts and my prize fighter dragon has lost to a lvl 1 in the first round. Do I not participate in the tournament to keep my battles at the lower levels for the rest of the event? Or try to finish Tournament quickly and get back to normal battles? Or will it really make a difference either way?

pernmagic
08-26-16, 01:03 PM

I've checked 50 gold ...... so worth it for as I've been saving gold as I want to finish so will have an extra day ..... The tournament helps me too so will use the first 8 for the battles, already have Guardian angel

Ilsadrago
08-26-16, 01:05 PM
I need to win 2 more battles for chapter 6 and now a tournament starts and my prize fighter dragon has lost to a lvl 1 in the first round. Do I not participate in the tournament to keep my battles at the lower levels for the rest of the event? Or try to finish Tournament quickly and get back to normal battles? Or will it really make a difference either way?

I'm at the exact same place as you in chapter 6. The good thing is the Tournament will be over in 3 days and after this chapter we don't have any battles until chapter 10. It will be over by the time we get there!

monbohn
08-26-16, 01:18 PM
I'm at the exact same place as you in chapter 6. The good thing is the Tournament will be over in 3 days and after this chapter we don't have any battles until chapter 10. It will be over by the time we get there!

Oh wow, that's right! I don't know why I was thinking I had a lot more battles than that coming up still. Whew! Well, I didn't start off well but I don't have a Guardian Angel dragon yet so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I won't have too much trouble with these last 2 chapter 6 battles. Good luck to everyone still working on this. :)

AmaDrac
08-26-16, 01:46 PM
Seriously?? A free boosted breed weekend?? I would LOVE that but can't tie up breeding den at the end of chapter 8, since I will need it tomorrow in Chapter 9. I also must pass on the tournament to have easier battles on the last chapter. Does anyone else feel like stepping outside and screaming?

31aug2002
08-26-16, 02:31 PM
Seriously?? A free boosted breed weekend?? I would LOVE that but can't tie up breeding den at the end of chapter 8, since I will need it tomorrow in Chapter 9. I also must pass on the tournament to have easier battles on the last chapter. Does anyone else feel like stepping outside and screaming?
My sentiments exactly!! ..
Though I have started on the tournament and was thinking of paying and starting the next chapter,.. Just realized that my craft shop is tied up for another 8 hrs crafting the courier dragon.
So now I feel it was a mistake to take the early fights today. Now am waiting for tomorrow start of day 9 .. Will have everything in place so that I can breeze through it and then speed up and start day 10 early to give myself some extra time to finish it

athenageez
08-26-16, 02:46 PM
Whew I'm glad I started when I did - Day 10 will be the day after the tournament which means I can do both.

I guess I'll use the free breeding boost in the Arctic Isles. Still need the diamond hybrids there.

snowyglowy
08-26-16, 03:38 PM
You'll get another "favor" after you finish step 4 of chapter 7

Oh ok thanks for the reply

AuntNikNik
08-26-16, 03:43 PM
The dragons for this event are so beautiful! I ❤️ them!
Unfortunately, I will not be winning them! Battles are next to impossible for me! Do you know how many battle you are to win to get the top dragon⁉️ 24, yes 24‼️ O M Cheddar whiz‼️ I am already a day behind and stuck on Chapter 6, at least with the tournament I might get the second dragon! Anybody have any pointers on these battles? My only strategy now is to fight with a dragon that does not have any of the colors the opponent does. Only 2 of my dragons are above level 10, I level up the diamond dragon thinking that might be a good fighter, because diamonds are the hardest substance known to man, but so far it has pretty much proved itself to be a wimp!!!! Help!

jagarjag
08-26-16, 04:19 PM
..... I am already a day behind and stuck on Chapter 6, at least with the tournament I might get the second dragon! Anybody have any pointers on these battles? My only strategy now is to fight with a dragon that does not have any of the colors the opponent does. Only 2 of my dragons are above level 10, I level up the diamond dragon thinking that might be a good fighter, because diamonds are the hardest substance known to man, but so far it has pretty much proved itself to be a wimp!!!! Help!

Well..using a dragon that has different color than opponent's is actually not that bad a strategy. But if you want a 'pointer', find any of the battle tournament threads here in forum. In the first page you will see a detailed list as to what color is to use against a particular color and what colours are to avoid.

Re: diamonds usually become super fighter only at level 15. Before that, they are more or less wimps. Good luck.

AuntNikNik
08-26-16, 04:42 PM
Well..using a dragon that has different color than opponent's is actually not that bad a strategy. But if you want a 'pointer', find any of the battle tournament threads here in forum. In the first page you will see a detailed list as to what color is to use against a particular color and what colours are to avoid.

Re: diamonds usually become super fighter only at level 15. Before that, they are more or less wimps. Good luck.

Thank you!!!!

Kennedward
08-26-16, 05:35 PM
Just finished Chapter 8

AmaDrac
08-26-16, 07:50 PM
Whew I'm glad I started when I did - Day 10 will be the day after the tournament which means I can do both.

I guess I'll use the free breeding boost in the Arctic Isles. Still need the diamond hybrids there.

Thanks for the reminder. I always forget about the Arctic Isles.

nyrrem
08-27-16, 01:09 AM
So does the chance to breed a viture dragon increase 10 fold during this event?

Also does the likelihood to get coins on food guests increase too?

jagarjag
08-27-16, 03:03 AM
So does the chance to breed a viture dragon increase 10 fold during this event?

Also does the likelihood to get coins on food guests increase too?

I have noticed for the last few tales that, if i send for food quest during the tales, most of the time I get 125 foods...

LindenTX
08-27-16, 04:14 AM
Does getting island parts mean the 2nd mine is reopening?

31aug2002
08-27-16, 04:29 AM
Hi everyone. I have finished chapter 9 just now. And my tasks for chapter 10 are all lined up so that I can start on my battles ASAP. And I am only 5 hrs into my day . My next chapter starts in roughly over 18 hrs.
So I have one question. If I pay the 50 gold to start chapter 10 early... Will I get 18 + 24 hrs to complete my chapter 10 or only 18 hrs. ...???
Pls help!!!l

jagarjag
08-27-16, 04:46 AM
..... If I pay the 50 gold to start chapter 10 early... Will I get 18 + 24 hrs to complete my chapter 10 or only 18 hrs. ...???
Pls help!!!l

18+ 24 hours.

pernmagic
08-27-16, 04:50 AM
Hi everyone. I have finished chapter 9 just now. And my tasks for chapter 10 are all lined up so that I can start on my battles ASAP. And I am only 5 hrs into my day . My next chapter starts in roughly over 18 hrs.
So I have one question. If I pay the 50 gold to start chapter 10 early... Will I get 18 + 24 hrs to complete my chapter 10 or only 18 hrs. ...???
Pls help!!!l
Yup ....I started ch 10 early to get the extra time with 50 gold because of the uncertainty of the known difficulty of requested donations in past tales I'm on that section of chapter 10 now I'm 5 hours into asking now and am waiting for the last one now for the last hour ..... But have to wait ......
(Also I gave a sick iPad 2 which needs replacing which means I have aproblem logging into the game because it keeps crashing when loading DS so just have to keep trying till it connects up ....just to add to the frustration :( )

31aug2002
08-27-16, 04:51 AM
18+ 24 hours.

Thank you ... Now that really works for me . I will start chapter 10 in an hour and hold on to the tournament battles till I get to that point and hopefully get the early battles to work for me .
( FINGERS CROSSED)

ellaslair
08-27-16, 04:55 AM
Good morning...if I start the last chapter early, will I still only have 24 hrs to complete it, or will I have till my event timer expires?
Oops...asked and answered above- :)

31aug2002
08-27-16, 04:56 AM
Yup ....I started ch 10 early to get the extra time with 50 gold because of the uncertainty of the known difficulty of requested donations in past tales I'm on that section of chapter 10 now I'm 5 hours into asking now and am waiting for the last one now for the last hour ..... But have to wait ......
(Also I gave a sick iPad 2 which needs replacing which means I have aproblem logging into the game because it keeps crashing when loading DS so just have to keep trying till it connects up ....just to add to the frustration :( )

I hope to be able to do the same.
I too play on a very old iPad 2 and though crashing is not a problem but sometimes loading is an issue.

All the best in completing the tales!!

PS after feedin the white glass dragon to level 13 my food stocks are real low. So once the glass spears are collected.. I am going to be in aggressive food producing mode.

Kennedward
08-27-16, 06:34 AM
Just finished Chapter 9, should be able to finish Chapter 10 tomorrow

KariKawaii
08-27-16, 07:19 AM
Good luck out of golds ... Bought the new habitat though I hope I don't need them! Anywhere the list of tasks for Ch.9&10? Anyone else raising Forgefather to level 11 in Chapter 7? Will there be enough time in 3 days to finish? Man I even started on day 1...

kinetikos
08-27-16, 07:59 AM
Help! I have white glass at level 9, I am out of food. How much do I need to get her to level 13?

belarica
08-27-16, 09:08 AM
Help! I have white glass at level 9, I am out of food. How much do I need to get her to level 13?

135k apples for level 10 to 13, plus however many bites left you have of level 9 (I think)

kinetikos
08-27-16, 09:20 AM
Thanks belarica!

31aug2002
08-27-16, 10:28 AM
Okay done with 1st 3 tasks of chapter 10 . My farms will be ready to harvest in another 1hr .. Which will complete tasks 4. Then on to the grueling 8 battles. .. The mighty furnace is crafted and ready in the craft shop. So hopefully I should have the Glasswing on nest by tomorrow.

Best of luck to all trying.

pernmagic
08-27-16, 11:26 AM
:) :) :) egg on nest :) :) :) I've just finished, my iPad is dying keeps crashing on loading DS, so just kept DS active on it which helped most of the time , so as I really wanted this dragon I started the last chapter early, my neighbours are all brilliant.... It took a few hours but all came up for me .... Thank you ..... I sped the last two collections of spears, started the battles ( hadn't started the battles before this ) first one ok then two free video battles and sped the last five ones .... RS L 15 to the rescue for all..... Feeling relieved to say the least .

A warning to everyone .....Chapter 10 is very very very tight on timing even with all preparation in place ...... I hope you can all get through without needing to use gold but it's not easy to get through especially if you hit the tournament in its later stages in ch 10 ......
Good luck to you all :)

raygill1
08-27-16, 12:09 PM
:) :) :) egg on nest :) :) :) I've just finished, my iPad is dying keeps crashing on loading DS, so just kept DS active on it which helped most of the time , so as I really wanted this dragon I started the last chapter early, my neighbours are all brilliant.... It took a few hours but all came up for me .... Thank you ..... I sped the last two collections of spears, started the battles ( hadn't started the battles before this ) first one ok then two free video battles and sped the last five ones .... RS L 15 to the rescue for all..... Feeling relieved to say the least .

A warning to everyone .....Chapter 10 is very very very tight on timing even with all preparation in place ...... I hope you can all get through without needing to use gold but it's not easy to get through especially if you hit the tournament in its later stages in ch 10 ......

Hi Permagic, is it defo have one forge or craft one, I could craft one now, but too scared incase the wording is wrong!

snowyglowy
08-27-16, 12:11 PM
What is the better idea to get food faster?

hon3ycomb
08-27-16, 02:00 PM
While breeding for love, i got 2x virtue dragons.. Now when trying for life, i get 2x dino and 2x wild dragons.. had to speed breed them and all T.T

pernmagic
08-27-16, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=raygill1;1337474]Hi Permagic, is it defo have one forge or craft one, I could craft one now, but too scared incase the wording is wrong![/QUOTE

If Its the very last act of ch 10 it's ok to . I crafted the last mighty furnace early for ch10 but don't open it to use until you are asked for it at the end

puppyzt
08-27-16, 02:05 PM
What is the better idea to get food faster?

Upgrapes. You can harvest in 10 min and gaves you 100 apples.

FieldsLikeB
08-27-16, 02:28 PM
Still really upset that Storm 8 started this 48 hours early. Automatically it started. I wrote storm 8 asking about it and said so OK if worse comes to worse will glass wing still be on sale on Friday morning. Two days later I got a note that said. "Tales has not started yet."

Nothing else. Great

I might not finish this and it makes me so frustrated.

Phaedrakiki
08-27-16, 03:46 PM
Just added the steps to Post #1 :D

Thank you SO MUCH! You're awesome!

snowyglowy
08-27-16, 03:59 PM

Omg I'm out of food now please let me know how much food I need to get lvl 13 ? :confused::rolleyes:

Phaedrakiki
08-27-16, 04:05 PM
:) :) :) egg on nest :) :) :) I've just finished, my iPad is dying keeps crashing on loading DS, so just kept DS active on it which helped most of the time , so as I really wanted this dragon I started the last chapter early, my neighbours are all brilliant...
(...)

Congratulations! Lol, I enjoyed reading how you overcame the extra frustrations (like the iPad issues.) Chapter 10 really IS incredibly tight. I will probably follow your lead and start it early, as well. I've got a couple more days to think about it, though (on Chpt. 7, atm.)

Good luck to everyone else still working towards getting these amazing dragons!

Phaedrakiki
08-27-16, 04:13 PM

Omg I'm out of food now please let me know how much food I need to get lvl 13 ? :confused::rolleyes:

See post 428. Then add the level 8 total to that [food amount (4,500) x5.] Good luck to you! 

wookiee77
08-27-16, 04:21 PM
So frustrating waiting on donations and I skipped ahead on purpose as I know the battles will no doubt be rigged again!

Is there a limit on how many invites actually get sent out even though it lets you send to your entire list? I might have to kull mine a bit of those that don't respond, what a waste! :(

raygill1
08-27-16, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=FieldsLikeB;1337508]Still really upset that Storm 8 started this 48 hours early. Automatically it started. I wrote storm 8 asking about it and said so OK if worse comes to worse will glass wing still be on sale on Friday morning. Two days later I got a note that said. "Tales has not started yet."

Nothing else. Great

I experienced an early automatic start! Thought I was going mad, glad I wasn't the only one!!!! Still playing catch up with the food grrrrr!

Phaedrakiki
08-27-16, 04:48 PM
Thank you very much. I have 699 unique dragons. I searched and searched and did not find(...)

I wish TL would add select buttons to our album like we have in the Battle Arena (i.e., show me all my Diamond dragons or Blue dragons, etc.)

Regards, Deb

Love this idea! It would definitely make it easier to find dragons, especially on the larger islands of long-time/high-level players. In fact, I rarely even look at my album the way it is now. There's just way too many dragons to scroll through to find anything specific.

The cool new buttons they added to the breeding den are extremely useful, really speeds things up. I'd also like to see them added to the arena. That would be super-handy, too!

Phaedrakiki
08-27-16, 04:55 PM
So frustrating waiting on donations and I skipped ahead on purpose as I know the battles will no doubt be rigged again!

Is there a limit on how many invites actually get sent out even though it lets you send to your entire list? I might have to kull mine a bit of those that don't respond, what a waste! :(
It will send to everyone on your list one time per day. The limit is on the receiving end--20 per day.

Not sure what you meant about the battles being rigged, though...(?)

Galadraal
08-27-16, 06:40 PM
When I finished chapter 9 around 11 this morning I jumped ahead and lined everything up by 4pm I still only had TWO of the 15 needed from my neighbors. It is now 9:35pm and I only have 12 of the 15. This is why I skipped ahead. It isn't right for them to put us at the mercy of neighbors fulfilling a request. I couldn't finish the last one because of this so I paid gems.

Yes I know I have the same features with my Rainbow Sentinal but I really like how the dragon looks. It is TeamLava I am getting fed up with from these quests and challenges that require gems to be spent

Simdiva
08-27-16, 07:08 PM
As far as your invites do you have maps clogging your inventory. If so, you might want to clear them out even if it means speeding up an expansion. That might be your problem, not a lack of people responding. Spending gems is your own choice I almost never spend gems except to possibly speed up and occasionally skip a task I may not want to do because it's inconvenient. I just put glass wing on the nest and the only gems spent were the gems spent to start day ten early and I did skip planting fire app,Es so I could collect my dates all in one shot. I have not found this takes that difficult. The entire key is planning and being prepared. I don't feel anyone should be complaining about gems over it as there is ample time to get everything done. The only reason I skipped ahead was because we had a tourney going on anyhow and I am getting a bit battle weary. I also just put my second courier on to craft. I will be happy to rest for a few days before the leaderboard and likely tourney on Tuesday. My food is not even depleted thanks to the mine giving nothing but food and magic is bringing back good reppbenes since I levelled him to ten. Usually at least 500. Hope this helps some.

Simdiva
08-27-16, 07:18 PM
It will send to everyone on your list one time per day. The limit is on the receiving end--20 per day.

Not sure what you meant about the battles being rigged, though...(?)

There is a common misconception that team lava tweaks the battles and makes them tougher during takes. I have never found this to be true and I think that it's just luck of the draw. F you do your color matching rather than relying on champs for every battle you have a winning strategy. Also I believe the limit was raised to 25 a while back.

monbohn
08-27-16, 07:37 PM
I'm running behind on chapter 7....just started crafting the white glass dragon and will still need to hatch it too. Good thing chapter 8 doesn't involve too much. I will use gold to start chapter 10 as soon as I finish chapter 9 to ensure I have plenty of time to finish. Hopefully that will be all the gold I end up spending on this. I was very lucky with breeding this time around and I'm barely going to scrape by on food. I keep telling myself I'm going to skip some events and catch up on things like leveling up my gold paying dragons and some great dragons I managed to accumulate recently that are supposed to be strong in battle and some I just want to level up because I like the way they look. Then I see the dragons for the events and there goes the idea of skipping them. Sigh. I particularly like these 3 and their habitat. :D

FireballFarm
08-27-16, 07:45 PM
Dear S8, Could you please start using the 'Special' tab in the crafting hut for event items? That would make it much easier to see what special, temporary items are involved in each new event, and make it faster and more convenient to check on how many materials we need to collect to craft these items. Thanks!

Simdiva
08-27-16, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=raygill1;1337474]Hi Permagic, is it defo have one forge or craft one, I could craft one now, but too scared incase the wording is wrong![/QUOTE

If Its the very last act of ch 10 it's ok to . I crafted the last mighty furnace early for ch10 but don't open it to use until you are asked for it at the end

Actually the furnace can be crafted and placed at anytime or just left in storage. I waited till the end of chapter nine to ensure all parts were used up but normally these large deco items I craft and place as soon as I have the parts. The key word is "have" not "craft"

StefaninaFla
08-27-16, 07:59 PM
Even starting the first day at level 41 there is no way to complete this tale unless I spend money, which is not an option I have. Extremely disappointed. The last one was hard, but doable. This one is not. I've been stuck trying to feed that forgefather dragon, the number of food required is insane.

Passera
08-27-16, 09:22 PM
Spent the 50 gold to speed up seven hours later and still waiting on four more neighbors I have a 20 hour crop ready to harvest planted 3 farms with 8 hour crops since it is almost bedtime I also have 3 5 hour diamond dates planted can anybody tell me if that will get me at least close to the 80 spears needed from planting?

csayre13
08-27-16, 10:31 PM
Ugh, probably not gonna get to finish this one without massive amounts of gold spending. Have 3k food and 3 bites left to even get Glasswing to level 11. And chapter 10 starts for me in an hour and a half :(

newzealander
08-27-16, 11:35 PM
Passera, I think it is 2-3 spears per hour per crop. So 3x5 hour crops should give you around 35-40 spears, and 3x8 hour crops should give you around 55-60. So you should be fine.

docpaine
08-28-16, 12:06 AM
Agh... When did it change (even going by the front post's info!) that you had to get White Glass to 11? I've had everything planned out for days and this just threw it all to bits...

SupermassiveDragon2
08-28-16, 12:09 AM
Agh... When did it change (even going by the front post's info!) that you had to get White Glass to 11? I've had everything planned out for days and this just threw it all to bits...

I am in the exact same boat.

Currently level 59.

I planned it all out. I got the White Glass Dragon to 10 early.

I figured 10 was the max because well 1.) It is listed as being the requirement and 2.) all other events with brackets based on level, the highest you needed for the mid bracket was 10.

I am going to try to farm food now but I doubt I will be able to make it. I am crushed if I can't. I seriously hope this is a bug.

AinoDK
08-28-16, 12:45 AM
Dear S8, Could you please start using the 'Special' tab in the crafting hut for event items? That would make it much easier to see what special, temporary items are involved in each new event, and make it faster and more convenient to check on how many materials we need to collect to craft these items. Thanks!

Agree!

judyandthecat
08-28-16, 12:48 AM
I am in the exact same boat.

Currently level 59.

I planned it all out. I got the White Glass Dragon to 10 early.

I figured 10 was the max because well 1.) It is listed as being the requirement and 2.) all other events with brackets based on level, the highest you needed for the mid bracket was 10.

I am going to try to farm food now but I doubt I will be able to make it. I am crushed if I can't. I seriously hope this is a bug.

I don't even have the thing that LETS me get them above level 10 yet.

The noble crystal costs $500,000.00 and is available to buy in the market under the buildings tab.
I think it is available to buy at your level???

SupermassiveDragon2
08-28-16, 12:52 AM
The noble crystal costs $500,000.00 and is available to buy in the market under the buildings tab.
I think it is available to buy at your level???

It is, but that isn't the issue here.

All the past events have required level 10 max for the 41-90 bracket; all the info for this event indicated a level 10 max. I planned for getting to level 10 max. I didn't plan to have to get another 30k food because from all indications I shouldn't of needed to.

As it stands now, all the planning and work I put in is all for naught because of this. I can't get the 30k food in time. I could of if I knew they would just randomly change it to 11 with no precedent.

I just am hoping it's a bug at this point.

pernmagic
08-28-16, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=pernmagic;1337500]

Actually the furnace can be crafted and placed at anytime or just left in storage. I waited till the end of chapter nine to ensure all parts were used up but normally these large deco items I craft and place as soon as I have the parts. The key word is "have" not "craft"
Yes you are right , think I err on carefulness because of my own totally personal difficulties trying to finish this specific tales :)

Simdiva
08-28-16, 12:53 AM
Spent the 50 gold to speed up seven hours later and still waiting on four more neighbors I have a 20 hour crop ready to harvest planted 3 farms with 8 hour crops since it is almost bedtime I also have 3 5 hour diamond dates planted can anybody tell me if that will get me at least close to the 80 spears needed from planting?

You get two spears per hour so with all dates planted which is what I did you would be short ten. I then planed a found if rush rooms to finish. Al, crops workout the same now. So if you do pears which are 8 hours you will get 16 for each one and forty for every 20 hour. In my opinion it's not really worth interrupting your normal planting routine. Ie I normally plant dates at night, and usually rush rooms the first hour or two in the morning while I wake up before I switch to grapes if I plan on doing them.

AinoDK
08-28-16, 01:05 AM
I highly recommend keeping a stock of food to be ready for tales, depending on your level.

Personally I never go below 500k between tales. Yes it takes a while to build up the stock, but once you get there it is just the new base level. After a tale no feeding before I am back to 500 k

Leana47
08-28-16, 01:20 AM
It is, but that isn't the issue here.

All the past events have required level 10 max for the 41-90 bracket; all the info for this event indicated a level 10 max. I planned for getting to level 10 max. I didn't plan to have to get another 30k food because from all indications I shouldn't of needed to.

As it stands now, all the planning and work I put in is all for naught because of this. I can't get the 30k food in time. I could of if I knew they would just randomly change it to 11 with no precedent.

I just am hoping it's a bug at this point.

Same here, don't have enough food nor the noble crystal :(. I was shocked! But I doubt it's a bug, I mean for all of us the same bug???

SupermassiveDragon2
08-28-16, 01:23 AM
Same here, don't have enough food nor the noble crystal :(. I was shocked! But I doubt it's a bug, I mean for all of us the same bug???

If it is a bug, it effecting everyone wouldn't be too crazy.

I feel like it's not a bug but I really hope it is.

If I can manage to beat Spartan without using gold I might just use gold and skip the level 11 and hope for the best.

I put so much into this event and having it all mean nothing just because of misinformation that came to light after it was too late really sucks.

random59
08-28-16, 01:31 AM
Have just finished, thanks to Kiwi Isles wonderful neighbours and I actually bred a Neon, think I'm more excited about breeding a new dragon! Wish all who are still continuing the best,:)

docpaine
08-28-16, 01:40 AM
If it is a bug, it effecting everyone wouldn't be too crazy.

I feel like it's not a bug but I really hope it is.

If I can manage to beat Spartan without using gold I might just use gold and skip the level 11 and hope for the best.

I put so much into this event and having it all mean nothing just because of misinformation that came to light after it was too late really sucks.

Pretty much :\ I'd been stockpiling for over a month and had just enough to get both Forgefather and White Glass to 10, and I kept checking every source I could find for the 41-90 level tasks to make sure I could, this is the first Tales grand prize I actually wanted to work for...

I hold out a faint hope it's a bug though, since the Aladdin event actually had something like this for me (I think it was get Aladdin to like... level 10 instead of 7 or 8?) and I still got the Sultana somehow... but the more time passes, the less likely it can be finished either way.

31aug2002
08-28-16, 02:02 AM
I am fighting my 6th battle for the tales and it is my 12h in the tournament( the dreaded Spartan). Have already lost twice to it with my lvl 10 Infinity and lvl14 Forgefather . But still have about 20 hrs to do the last 3 battles . So hopefully will be able to do them in time. And also get closer to getting the Guardian

Bastiaan0
08-28-16, 02:03 AM

147500 apples.

Yes, please. If you can do it in the quest outpost, why not in the spell shop? :confused:

Passera, I think it is 2-3 spears per hour per crop. So 3x5 hour crops should give you around 35-40 spears, and 3x8 hour crops should give you around 55-60. So you should be fine.

It's like Simdiva said, it's now exactly two items per hour per crop, they even lowered that amount too :( In your case the 20 and 8 hour crops are enough (40+3*16=88 spears) ;)

Have just finished, thanks to Kiwi Isles wonderful neighbours and I actually bred a Neon, think I'm more excited about breeding a new dragon! Wish all who are still continuing the best,:)

Congrats, especially on Neon! It's one of my favorite breeding dragons because of all split-of colors. Together with Diamond Prism he's been giving me a lot of new dragons :)

As for me, instead of spending 50 gold starting chapter 10 early, I spent 38 on speed battling in the Guardian Angel tournament to finish that before chapter 10 battles.
Forgot to plant 2 scalypears yesterday, so planted 5 eliteleeks over night. Used 8 gold to speed up 4 firapples, with scalypears that would have been 2 gold.
Donations came in within 45 minutes (Thank you all ;):):)), 1st battle won, now waiting for second. I should be able to finish these tales without spending more gold today.

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 02:35 AM
After two virtues in a row then a laser light, I used Gold to skip the love hatching.
Now if I can get these neighbour donations in quick, I might even still have a chance to finish this one.

Skybirdie54
08-28-16, 03:55 AM
Mid-level players chapter 9 act one craft a dragon anvil - The required quest do not give you enough material to complete the craft . You will have to do a sturdy steel and elegant glass quest with forefather to get the required materials . I suggest doing this ahead of time or you'll be delayed by four hours

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 04:02 AM
Thank you to my awesome neighbours, I've already got the furnace sitting in storage, so just 4 more battle wins over the next 20hrs and its home free.

temecee
08-28-16, 04:02 AM
I'm going to be happy if I manage to finish Chapter 9. I don't even dream of actually managing anything in Chapter 10. I'm sort of sad but that's it.

nyrrem
08-28-16, 04:22 AM
I Not going to finsh this . Somehow I have sent a dragon on some long quest and my outpost is out of action for 18 hours. I haven't enjoyed this tale at all.

AinoDK
08-28-16, 04:35 AM
Doing battles for chapter 10. I actually already had Guardian Angel, which meant I could hold off battles and just take the first 8 easy battles from the tournament.

Well I could have. Unfortunately I couldn't help myself and had to take on the challenge. Now with my second Guardian Angel secured I just have 7 more battles to do. Oh well

lenasdinner
08-28-16, 05:15 AM
Well I want too,to watch videos so I can speed my battels on android just like IOS,and not spendin my golds for it.need to finish 6 more battels for day 10,I can do it but OMG all day long......I really started to hate arena,why arena battels has to be part of every single event?? I want a break from it.

Kennedward
08-28-16, 05:16 AM
Just finished this, really like the final prize dragon

Donnasadoptables
08-28-16, 05:39 AM
Currently on day 9. Need 16,000 apples to get Forgefather to Level 14, and then need to get the second dragon from level 8 to level 13. I think I'm going to come up short. :(

Sandybellee
08-28-16, 05:57 AM
Congrats to everyone who has finished/finishes today! I'm done with chapter 9 and will tackle chapter 10 tomorrow. Kind of tempted to start it early, but I won't. I want to see if it's possible to complete day 10 in just one day. :)

Nikkook
08-28-16, 06:14 AM
Congrats to everyone who has finished/finishes today! I'm done with chapter 9 and will tackle chapter 10 tomorrow. Kind of tempted to start it early, but I won't. I want to see if it's possible to complete day 10 in just one day. :)
It actually is possible. I sped up to give myself more time on day 10 but 15mins for donations (wow, thanks guys) and then winning every battle first time meant that I finished a day early. :-)

Passera
08-28-16, 06:17 AM

Thank you

joker696981
08-28-16, 06:20 AM
I am level 55 requirements clearly state I level 10 to raise white glass to 10. I get there and it wants white glass to be 11. I am out of food and wot buy anymore.

why did the requirements change?

31aug2002
08-28-16, 06:24 AM
All done and the Glasswing is sitting on the nest. !!
Thank you everyone for all the info posted here as it is a huge help.
Best of luck for all those still trying. Hope the Glasswing comes to your island too.

PrairieGrass
08-28-16, 06:24 AM
Finally caught up to Ch 8 on my 8th day yesterday, after being a day behind due to the battles in Chapters 4, 5 and 6. My Chapter 6 battles coincided with the start of the tournament since I was a day behind, so that helped. Breezed through Chapter 9 today and paid the 50 gold (ouch) to start Ch 10 early today as donations should be easier to receive on the weekend when less people are working and able to play more. So after spending gold, I am committed to finishing the Tales, after having a discouraging start. Only 8 difficult battles remain and I can choose to finish the tourney today to get 7 of them or wait until tomorrow and get random dragons to battle which can be just as hard as tournament dragons.

I admire all of you who persevered and finished (especially without spending any gold)! This was the most difficult tales yet with all the battles and crafting the first two dragons.
Good luck to all still battling through all the chapters and steps!

For those of you needing more food, don't forget to go to your mines where you can get from 50 to 1000 apples. I used up all my dynamite and bombs and probably got about 30,000 apples this way.

31aug2002
08-28-16, 06:56 AM

For those of you needing more food, don't forget to go to your mines where you can get from 50 to 1000 apples. I used up all my dynamite and bombs and probably got about 30,000 apples this way.

What I have noticed in the mines is that the dragon egg side ... Where. You get sulphurite for sulphur dragon... It has given me only food and sulphurite. No coins. ... So that is also a good coincidence.

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 07:04 AM
Thank you

Passera, it's 2 per hour not 3. :)

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 07:08 AM
Sorry to my neighbours waiting on donations but the game is messing with us.
Just went in and I had 2 requests, one 6mins and one 2hrs old.

I have been in and out of the game at least 5-6 times over the last 2hrs, how come their request didn't show earlier?

calicokittennope
08-28-16, 07:10 AM
This is really hard. Trying to farm up food fast enough to feed Rivets to 10. Just need 2 more feedings I think but I don't think I'll make it seeing as how then I also have to hope people reply to donation requests too. Yeah not feeling so hopeful about that lol. He needs to go on a diet.

calicokittennope
08-28-16, 07:13 AM
Sorry to my neighbours waiting on donations but the game is messing with us.
Just went in and I had 2 requests, one 6mins and one 2hrs old.

I have been in and out of the game at least 5-6 times over the last 2hrs, how come their request didn't show earlier?

I have this happen on other days too unrelated to this event, just with people wanting maps and such. I'll log out fully a couple times and then later in the day find there are 6+ hour old requests and they weren't there at all before!

Kennedward
08-28-16, 07:18 AM

It is, but tournament helped me since I know what my opponents will be, otherwise the battles can be quite difficult

SofiaDeo
08-28-16, 07:53 AM
O MG the info is wrong! White Glass to lvl 11 not 10 for lvl <90! Thats 30K more food than anticipated!

DragonflyRocket
08-28-16, 08:27 AM
Yay, Glasswing is now sitting safely in storage with 15 1/2hrs to spare.
Thanks to all my neighbours and those that have posted information, hints and tips.

Hmm wonder if that leaves enough time to win the tournament also. Fingers crossed.

Sandybellee
08-28-16, 08:40 AM
It actually is possible. I sped up to give myself more time on day 10 but 15mins for donations (wow, thanks guys) and then winning every battle first time meant that I finished a day early. :-)
Congrats! Yes, it completely depends on how quick you get the donations and how tough the battles are.

It is, but tournament helped me since I know what my opponents will be, otherwise the battles can be quite difficult

Congrats on finishing! I decided to battle the tournament out of the way first so that the battles would be easier (usually I get stuck on at least a couple of rounds in a tourney) but the tournament was easy this time so now I'm hoping the normal battles won't be too hard tomorrow. At least they are much cheaper to ultimate if need be.

Eenie1
08-28-16, 08:52 AM
O MG the info is wrong! White Glass to lvl 11 not 10 for lvl <90! Thats 30K more food than anticipated!
Yes, I got the same nasty surprise! Have all mid level players had to raise white glass to level 11?

harobeda
08-28-16, 08:54 AM
Waiting 2.5 hours to get my "donations" for my other account (Velika's island) was excruciating to wait - mainly because it gave me a couple of maps from neighbors even though I haven't requested them in days. My main account had all of them in less than an hour. On Velika's I added neighbors just to request more donations since itd gotten stuck at 12. Thankfully those extra neighbors responded and did the trick!

Now to get all my crops done so I can focus on battles.

CleoHotel
08-28-16, 09:21 AM
Please can someone explain how I can raise the dragon in the challenge to level 11 when it says level 10 is its maximum level (I'm in level 83 at moment in game) - I'm stuck and can't get further with the game -please help!

harobeda
08-28-16, 09:26 AM
Please can someone explain how I can raise the dragon in the challenge to level 11 when it says level 10 is its maximum level (I'm in level 83 at moment in game) - I'm stuck and can't get further with the game -please help!

You spend half a million coins to buy a blue crystal thingy that lets you feed the dragons as far up as 15. It's called a "Noble Crystal."

Eenie1
08-28-16, 09:28 AM
You have to purchase a noble crystal, then your dragons can be raised ti level 15. Go to Market; Buildings; you'll see the noble crystal there.

CleoHotel
08-28-16, 09:50 AM
You have to purchase a noble crystal, then your dragons can be raised ti level 15. Go to Market; Buildings; you'll see the noble crystal there.

Thanks for the help 😄

saghaven
08-28-16, 11:03 AM
I'm halfway through my battles. Didn't go through the tournament earlier so I'd mainly be dealing with the lower level opponents. 8 battles when a clock is ticking is a lot to get through. And Glasswing was more important to me than Guardian Angel.

I nodded off but luckily woke up 30 minutes into the new game day. So I was able to ask for my donations at the start. I realized that if you ask for the donations at the beginning of the game day, that glitch where you you don't get them all or you're waiting hours for them to show up doesn't seem to happen. That's why I started the tournament on day 1 so my day 10 would be on a Sunday and there would be no issue with me being/getting up at 3am my time to do that request.

Drachenia
08-28-16, 11:24 AM
For over 5 hours I wait on parts of my neighbors . How should I ask the complete chapter get, collect and 8 Battle Arena battles . helpless