PDA

View Full Version : Bigger is Better Event - Aug 18, 2016

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:04 PM
Bigger is Better! Minimum level is 6 for participation.

Troy is kicking off the season with a charity Build-A-Thon, and he needs volunteers! Every home improvement order you fill, house you build, or residential highrise you raise helps recruit Volunteers!

Please use the latest game version for this event.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsccrxt5li.jpeg

How to Play?
1. Visit Build-A-Thon site
2. Recruit volunteers
3. Earn awesome rewards

Goals
Every home improvement order you fill, house you build, or residential highrise you raise helps recruit Volunteers.

Goal 1 of 5:
Deliver Home Improvement Order x1
REWARDS: 10 coins

Goal 2 of 5:
Recruit More Volunteers x10
Build House x1
REWARDS: 20 coins

Goal 3 of 5:
Build Solar House x2
REWARDS: 20 coins

Goal 4 of 5:
Build Solar Highrise x1
REWARDS: 35 coins

Goal 5 of 5:
Build Tucker Tower x1
REWARDS: 35 coins

Prizes
Solar House - 30 volunteers
Environmentally friendly housing.
Population: +4 | Size: 1x1

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsuoeashat.jpeg

Coins - 100 volunteers
Solar highrise - 200 volunteers
Environmentally friendly highrise housing.
Accomodate: 4 houses (4 free starting slots)
Size: 1x1

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsaf7jk4jr.jpeg

Tucker Tower - 330 volunteers
The offices of Troy Tucker Construction & Productions.
Population: +40 | Size: 2x2

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsr4u5wlba.jpeg

===
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zps2vgriltx.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsibqdkmlt.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsasvhmmo6.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsub5jidfb.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsh8t1igcx.jpeg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/Dream%20City/Events/image_zpsglvy7fyh.jpeg

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:04 PM

izzyiza
08-18-16, 05:18 PM
Goal 2 / 5 is to build one house and to recruit 10 volunteers. Rewards 20 coins

insomniadreams88
08-18-16, 05:27 PM
Goal 3/5 is to Build 2 Solar Houses.

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 06:06 PM
Goal 2 / 5 is to build one house and to recruit 10 volunteers. Rewards 20 coins

Awesome that you all are pitching in! They were really helpful since I have not start yet lol. :D

izzyiza
08-18-16, 07:21 PM
The reward is 20 coins

Mercy1st
08-18-16, 09:00 PM
Personal opinion this isn't near as exciting as your first event. Also with the fog how do you expect solar to work? And where are you going to put 330 houses- how are the new ones going to even make 330 houses which requires a lot of money and land? Think it is too advanced for only the second event. Oh well just my personal opinion.

OzFamily
08-18-16, 09:49 PM
Personal opinion this isn't near as exciting as your first event. Also with the fog how do you expect solar to work? And where are you going to put 330 houses- how are the new ones going to even make 330 houses which requires a lot of money and land? Think it is too advanced for only the second event. Oh well just my personal opinion.

Home improvement orders count, too! Each home improvement business = 10 volunteers (at least, I'm getting one per order), each house only 1. (The little blue houses we are collecting are volunteers, if that wasn't clear to anyone else.)

ghjvcucjb
08-18-16, 10:56 PM
How are we suppose to get the little blue houses/volunteers? I've only gotten 2 all day

SpiritWind00
08-18-16, 11:08 PM
How are we suppose to get the little blue houses/volunteers? I've only gotten 2 all day
1. build any house - you get 1 volunteer when construction has completed.
2. send off an order from the Housing Businesses - the ones with the green roller icon - 1 per order
3. build a residential highrise - haven't built any of these myself, so don't know how many you get...

I have only 2 as well! :)

insomniadreams88
08-19-16, 06:22 AM
I think they realized the first event was a bit too easy (finished in a few days), and there is no way that this event can be finished as quickly. Trying to balance the orders for this with boardwalk orders and those to finish the bridge.

tuffyjkitten
08-19-16, 10:46 AM
My Large Luxury Condo will be done in about an hour so I can report how many that counted for. I'm assuming it will be whatever the amount of houses it can hold is.

joelynjellybean
08-19-16, 10:53 AM
Do you have to be a certain level for this event? I am level 19 and was able to participate in the first event but this one isn't showing up for me. I have force closed but still no dice.

Thanks.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 11:25 AM
Do you have to be a certain level for this event? I am level 19 and was able to participate in the first event but this one isn't showing up for me. I have force closed but still no dice.

Thanks.

I'm checking on this. Just to check, are you using the latest game version 1.2?

OzFamily
08-19-16, 11:27 AM

Thanks.

I'm level 18, and I have it.

insomniadreams88
08-19-16, 11:28 AM
If I remember correctly from the houses and high rises I've already purchased during the event, I think you get a volunteer per house/houses a high-rise has open upon completion. So if you get 2 slots, it's 2 volunteers. 4 slots, 4 volunteers, etc. (So not 4 and 10)

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 11:30 AM
I'm level 18, and I have it.

Oh thanks for info. Which version are you using?

joelynjellybean
08-19-16, 11:47 AM

Not sure how to check that because my S8 apps usually just update themselves. However, when I went into the app store it said I had an update available. I manually updated it to 1.2 and now the event is showing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ghjvcucjb
08-19-16, 12:31 PM
1. build any house - you get 1 volunteer when construction has completed.
2. send off an order from the Housing Businesses - the ones with the green roller icon - 1 per order
3. build a residential highrise - haven't built any of these myself, so don't know how many you get...

I have only 2 as well! :)
Thanks spirit wind. I guess this is just really slow going then

ghjvcucjb
08-19-16, 12:34 PM
Don't like this event. The items being requested by my very few housing businesses are the ones requiring multiple steps to create. Unfortunately once again my inventory is maxed out or only one or two away from maxing out so I can't make multiple items to then make a single item for the businesses requests of several of those multiple items. I'm tired Of constantly deleting upgrade parts that are extremely unbalanced in drops just so I can have some space craft something like wheat to make a croissant.

zenobia42
08-19-16, 12:52 PM
Is there a schedule for these events? As in, every __ weeks a new event starts?

Because I built a bunch of houses RIGHT before the event started, and had I any idea there was a very difficult event about to start, that building houses helps us complete, I would have waited a couple hours to build them all.

Also, in the way of feedback: is it possible that the other bridge can open not concurrent with a difficult event? Between trying to fulfill orders for event items that ONLY up to 2 business at a time can be working on, and boardwalk, and the bridge (which I, like everyone who has filled the main island, NEEDS to open to get more land to progress), it's quite a lot to all go on at once.

tuffyjkitten
08-19-16, 01:31 PM
Large Luxury Condo gave me 4 volunteers. Better than 1!

cquinn32
08-19-16, 02:36 PM
This event is extremely hard or am I missing something here? Right now I have a total of 17 volunteers and that is with buying a few houses. There is no way I'm going to be able to deliver 300 or so housing business orders in 16 days. I wouldn't even deliver that many orders to all businesses in 16 days!

izzyiza
08-19-16, 02:59 PM
Reaching the first stage of the event (getting 30 blue houses) not only unlocks the solar houses for us to buy but it also gives us our first solar house for free.

Goal 4/5 requires that you build 1 solar tower (received at the third stage of the event) and it gives you 35 coins.

Sorry I am not posting pictures, but they would be in French so I doubt they would be that useful!

Reaching the first stage of the event (getting 30 blue houses) not only unlocks the solar houses for us to buy but it also gives us our first solar house for free.

Solar houses take 1 hour to build.

MaribouMay
08-19-16, 03:56 PM
This event is extremely hard or am I missing something here? Right now I have a total of 17 volunteers and that is with buying a few houses. There is no way I'm going to be able to deliver 300 or so housing business orders in 16 days. I wouldn't even deliver that many orders to all businesses in 16 days!

The first day was like that for me. The deliveries are a bit easier today. It will still be tough though. I'm sure I'll be buying houses or condos to make up the difference. Luckily I have some coins saved up. I also think it is pretty impossible if you are doing Boardwalk. I'm letting Boardwalk go for now.

izzyiza
08-19-16, 04:12 PM
Solar houses take 1 hour to build.

1 volunteer from solar houses, same as normal houses

OzFamily
08-19-16, 08:11 PM
Sorry, I've been busy! I have version 1.2.1

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 09:04 PM
Sorry, I've been busy! I have version 1.2.1

Thank you for your help.

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 09:10 PM
Not sure how to check that because my S8 apps usually just update themselves. However, when I went into the app store it said I had an update available. I manually updated it to 1.2 and now the event is showing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Glad you got your event working. All the best for your event!

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 09:14 PM
Updates

Minimum level for participating this event is level 6. Please use the latest game version for this event. Thanks.

zenobia42
08-20-16, 01:25 PM
Total event days: 17
Total blue houses for final prize: 330
Blue houses per day we need: 19.4
Days into event: 2
Blue houses now to be on track: 39

I have exactly 39 so it will be a nail-biter for me to finish this one.
The first one may have been a little too easy, but I think this one is too hard. I have a LOT of time to play and I will likely need to skip a boardwalk order or 3 to make it. Those with a moderate amount of game time IMO ought to be able to complete events and I don't see how they can do this one.

kat8rose
08-20-16, 06:33 PM
Something is not right with this. There must be another way to earn volunteers. Are we supposed to keep building houses and storing them...where do those coins come from? I have built high rises all along, so I am not selling them and building new ones unless there's a huge coin cache to uncover!

20 home improvement deliveries a day for a sustained period is too much to ask of players, imo.

Ridiculous. Hard is one thing, this is too narrow to make sense. Bad city planning.

IMO, the only prize worth "working " hard for is the last one. The solar house costs the same as regular houses, and don't give any bonuses.

Good luck to all playing.

Mamatampa
08-20-16, 09:19 PM
i am having no problems at all, of course I had stockpiled money and businesses until the expansion came. I am level 28.

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 11:32 PM
Something is not right with this. There must be another way to earn volunteers. Are we supposed to keep building houses and storing them...where do those coins come from? I have built high rises all along, so I am not selling them and building new ones unless there's a huge coin cache to uncover!

Ridiculous. Hard is one thing, this is too narrow to make sense. Bad city planning.

Not sure if you are aware, you can get volunteers from delivering Home Improvement business orders.

kat8rose
08-21-16, 04:45 AM
20 deliveries a day means being glued to the game every day, can't do that every day.... maybe next one/event, I think I will see what's next before deciding whether to stay or go. Thanks for the answer rynetory2 ;-)

kat8rose
08-21-16, 04:52 AM
i am having no problems at all, of course I had stockpiled money and businesses until the expansion came. I am level 28.

Are you just building houses with your stockpile of coins? I don't see another way, but would appreciate your strategy. Thanks

cquinn32
08-21-16, 07:28 AM
I'm ready to just give up on this quest!!

How are we supposed to finish it? I have 32 volunteers right now and have trying my best to keep filling orders but I am constantly asked for stovetop islands, dining tables and custom cabinets making it impossible to do them quickly.

This event gets a thumbs down from me!!

tuffyjkitten
08-21-16, 09:39 AM
I don't know if this is just a coincidence but if I buy earlier H.I. businesses like the paint store I get asked for silverware and cups as opposed to the furniture the businesses from later levels ask me for. I wasn't asked for anything harder than griddles and stoves yesterday.

I have 62 volunteers so far mostly from filling orders. Yes I pretty much sat on the game all day yesterday, hubby is out of the country and I was bored. I had to buy another mall to store the businesses in. Houses are too expensive to keep buying for me, though I do have a lot of room in high rises for them if I ever do. I am still doing the boardwalk in order to generate some coins.

Mamatampa
08-21-16, 10:33 AM
Are you just building houses with your stockpile of coins? I don't see another way, but would appreciate your strategy. Thanks
I had played constantly waiting for expansion by filling every possible square with either a business or house or high rises, etc. when I ran out of space, I put numerous businesses in storage and kept making money and getting parts by selling items in the market and working on businesses. Onecemthe expansion came, I was loaded. Now when I have most homes in high rises and businesses in storage. Building population was by making money and getting parks, pools, etc. In buying these items, note the cost and how,many people you get as there are bargains like pools and dog parks. Remember...the factories do not need roads so Imhave them all stuck together....I am level 29 and have 170 volunteers and enough parts for expansion. Good luck.-

Mamatampa
08-21-16, 10:46 AM

cquinn32
08-21-16, 10:57 AM
I had played constantly waiting for expansion by filling every possible square with either a business or house or high rises, etc. when I ran out of space, I put numerous businesses in storage and kept making money and getting parts by selling items in the market and working on businesses. Onecemthe expansion came, I was loaded. Now when I have most homes in high rises and businesses in storage. Building population was by making money and getting parks, pools, etc. In buying these items, note the cost and how,many people you get as there are bargains like pools and dog parks. Remember...the factories do not need roads so Imhave them all stuck together....I am level 29 and have 170 volunteers and enough parts for expansion. Good luck.-

None of this explains how you have so many volunteers. You've just just bought a bunch of houses? I'm glad your doing so well, proving at least one person can complete this task.

OzFamily
08-21-16, 10:57 AM
I have been building two houses every time I start a home improvement business. It appears to be working out- I think I'm at 56 volunteers right now.

izzyiza
08-21-16, 08:01 PM
I am at 61 volunteers and I don't have much more space for new houses. I guess that I will have to put some businesses in storage. Even thought I think this goal is doable within the timeframe, it will require being glued to the game and buy TONS of houses because I only have two active home improvement businesses for which I can make deliveries.

zaccy678
08-21-16, 09:39 PM
I think the 'trick' that I was missing (maybe others too) is that you can put your houses in storage once they're built, and they still count towards your volunteers :)

kooky panda
08-22-16, 09:00 AM
I currently have : 114

I jump in my game every few hours. I am skipping the boardwalk for now.
I build and place houses whenever I have the coins.
I then buy the apartment buildings to store the houses, then buy more houses, etc.

While waiting on parts to expand for the room, I have been storing my businesses. When I get an expansion, I build Department store to put the businesses in.

I currently have 12 businesses out collecting orders.

I also make sure that I have different businesses out so I am not having to duplicate items.

monstertop
08-22-16, 11:15 AM
Okay, I guess I'll have to mass purchase houses and that's the way to go for this event.

zenobia42
08-22-16, 01:09 PM
My houses cost like 1300 coins now. Plus I have nearly no room left and so we're it not for the event, I'd be building more civics instead since they are 6 pop/square instead of the 4 pop/square houses are. I've already built enough high-rises that they are expensive both in coins and in bricks, etc. to add slots.

I am doing fine on the event though thanks to judicious use of the "next" order function on my HI businesses. If an order is going to take a couple hours based on what is needed and how full my queues are, I just try next. Sometimes a bunch of times. You lose a 1/2-hour each time but you can gain 1-2 hours in queue time if you are lucky.

I also use the next button nearly 100% of the time if ANY business requires a t-shirt, since I need my casual wear factory to focus on Boardwalk orders 24/7. So if HI want s a rug... Next!

MaribouMay
08-22-16, 01:13 PM
I currently have 94 Volunteers. I am not doing Boardwalk, but focusing on home improvement orders. When I get a tough order (time consuming to produce), I request a new order. I am also making highly requested items in advance when those factories are not otherwise in use. So far I am getting 15 to 25 volunteers a day, depending on how much time I have to play the game. I have bought a few houses, though most of my points come from filling orders. I am saving my coins just in case I need to buy houses to great the final prize.

monstertop
08-22-16, 02:53 PM
I just bought 20+ houses... Had to store businesses and other houses to make this happen. This event is kind of crazy. I should use the next order feature, too. Thanks for that reminder.

vickyville14
08-22-16, 08:19 PM
I just happen to come to the forum tonight. I didn't even know there was a new event or a new version. Once I downloaded the new version, the event showed up. I wonder how behind I am and if I will be able to finsh? When did it start?

Rynetory2
08-22-16, 11:41 PM
I just happen to come to the forum tonight. I didn't even know there was a new event or a new version. Once I downloaded the new version, the event showed up. I wonder how behind I am and if I will be able to finsh? When did it start?

The event started several days ago, Aug 18. It's not too late to start, you can collect some of the prizes along the way. Buying more houses to get more volunteers will help you to make up for lost time. Have a try and you can easily unlock the limited edition Solar House. See Post 1 for event information. Hope this helps. All the best.

tuffyjkitten
08-23-16, 01:23 PM
I'm about a day behind on collecting. Too much real life to deal with to focus on imaginary things. Probably won't get the last prize but that's ok. Good luck everyone!

Mamatampa
08-23-16, 10:12 PM
. Great weekend. Lol...

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33058&d=1472015460 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33058&d=1472015460)

monstertop
08-24-16, 10:24 AM
I'm spending so much money on this to buy houses, haha. I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore but the collector in me says I need to have the prizes. Sigh.

monstertop
08-24-16, 10:25 AM
. Great weekend. Lol...

Oh wow, what are the specs? What does it give you? Population of how many?

kooky panda
08-24-16, 10:40 AM
I'm spending so much money on this to buy houses, haha. I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore but the collector in me says I need to have the prizes. Sigh.

Me Too!!! LOL

BrotundButter
08-24-16, 12:59 PM
I am a bit disappointed. I just reached 200 volunteers and got the Solar Highrise. Unfortunately you just get one, you can't build multiple copies like with the solar house. Shame, because I think it's very pretty.

Does anyone know if the Tucker Tower increases population?

Rynetory2
08-24-16, 05:27 PM
I am a bit disappointed. I just reached 200 volunteers and got the Solar Highrise. Unfortunately you just get one, you can't build multiple copies like with the solar house. Shame, because I think it's very pretty.

Does anyone know if the Tucker Tower increases population?

Yap, I wish we can purchase more too. It saves a lot of space, 1x1 highrise accommodating 4 houses.

Rynetory2
08-24-16, 05:28 PM
Goal 5

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33068

bss0226
08-24-16, 10:27 PM
Oh wow, what are the specs? What does it give you? Population of how many?

Adds 40 to your population

DrP4ever
08-25-16, 02:33 AM
So I check on my game every day, I don't check forums every day. I just found out there is an event today so now I am a week behind.

giraffeeg
08-28-16, 12:23 AM
I honestly don't know how I am supposed to get to the next level of 200 volunteers. I'm amazed I managed to get to 100. Everything is being stored so I can build more houses, and all my money is being spent on it too. I'm working hard for it, trying to be strategic, prioritising HI orders and everything... but I don't know if its actually possible to do it.... unless of course I spend real money. Which is probably their aim - make the prize unattainable, unless we fork out $$ in our desperation to win!
ARGH

cquinn32
08-28-16, 08:31 AM
This event is just silly IMO. I'm pretty sure over half my number of volunteers has come from purchasing houses lol. Is this really how they intended it to be?

Soon I'll be paying over 2000 coins per house!!

OzFamily
08-28-16, 10:55 AM
I really wish S8 could find a way to make additional Solar Highrises available for purchase. I just earned mine, and I love how it looks!

Mercy1st
08-28-16, 05:00 PM
Thank you I did discover that as well. Am on goal 5/5 right now but it has taken an inordinate amount of time and now at level 20 with no place to build and allot of high rises that I didnt really want in my city. Oh well, do like solar and this is a good avenue to get people to look at the benefits of solar in sunny (Not foggy) areas of the world. LOL

OzFamily
08-28-16, 08:38 PM
Thank you I did discover that as well. Am on goal 5/5 right now but it has taken an inordinate amount of time and now at level 20 with no place to build and allot of high rises that I didnt really want in my city. Oh well, do like solar and this is a good avenue to get people to look at the benefits of solar in sunny (Not foggy) areas of the world. LOL

Hmm... I'm level 19, have 211 volunteers, 8 housing high rises, 8 commerce high rises, and still have plenty of open spaces (okay, I did just open an expansion today, too, and have 7 home improvement businesses in storage). Is there maybe a better way you can arrange your city so you can have more space to build?

kooky panda
08-29-16, 10:41 AM
I really wish S8 could find a way to make additional Solar Highrises available for purchase. I just earned mine, and I love how it looks!
I will pass this request over.

Soundfreak
08-29-16, 11:52 AM
The prizes for this event aren't worth it. Don't have room for all these houses. I have 14 residential highrises that are half empty because I can't get any hardhats. Meanwhile I just had to delete 20 bricks and 20 sledgehammers to free up storage. Also have 12 business highrises that are half empty.

monstertop
08-29-16, 12:32 PM
The prizes for this event aren't worth it. Don't have room for all these houses. I have 14 residential highrises that are half empty because I can't get any hardhats. Meanwhile I just had to delete 20 bricks and 20 sledgehammers to free up storage. Also have 12 business highrises that are half empty.

I'm starting to think that the prizes aren't worth it too. The cost and benefit aren't even close to being balanced. I'm spending way too much coins and time to get one 1x1 highrise that stores 4 houses and a building that adds only 40 population. I think I'll stop now before I invest anymore.

OzFamily
08-29-16, 12:52 PM
I will pass this request over.

Thanks!

izzyiza
08-29-16, 05:29 PM
It looks like i won't be able to reach the final stage of this challenge at the rate things are going. The price for my houses or high rises are very high and I have limited space. Yes, I am storing houses and shops to help free up space but it is ridiculous to have to buy so many houses to complete this challenge. Plus, since Houses are costly, It takes time to get the needed coins. Add to that that I am at a high level, deliveries mostly all require multiple items, which makes it quite long to get volunteers from deliveries. :(

nephthys82
08-30-16, 03:04 AM
I just got two volunteers from building a green foursquare house. Still only got one from my HI delivery though.

Not sure if all houses give two volunteers now, I haven't tested any others yet.

As I don't yet have the solar high rise I think it may be too little, too late for me, but hopefully it might help others finish.

nephthys82
08-30-16, 06:04 AM
Not sure if all houses give two volunteers now, I haven't tested any others yet.

Georgian colonial and modern cottage gave one each.

eam13
08-30-16, 07:51 AM
Logged on to see if I'm the only one that thinks this event is impossible without spending real money. Glad to see I'm not.

Thanks for setting us up for failure, storm8. Ugh.

Rynetory2
08-30-16, 06:33 PM
Georgian colonial and modern cottage gave one each.

FYI Gem houses give 2 volunteers while Coin houses give 1.

izzyiza
08-30-16, 07:59 PM
Finally completed stage 4/5. Sadly, I won't be able to get 130 Volunteers in five days to complete the final stage :,(

eam13
08-31-16, 04:52 AM
I completed the solar high rise, and I can't find it ANYWHERE to build. What?! Where is the dang thing???

jbigby
08-31-16, 06:07 AM
I completed the solar high rise, and I can't find it ANYWHERE to build. What?! Where is the dang thing???

It's in your storage

jbigby
08-31-16, 06:08 AM
Finally completed stage 4/5. Sadly, I won't be able to get 130 Volunteers in five days to complete the final stage :,(

I got about 100 volunteers in one day...you can still do it just suspend everything else including boardwalk and just to the hardware shop that gives u the tickets that's how I was able to complete mine

urbanjunglegirl
08-31-16, 06:57 AM
This is the first time that I have posted in any of these forums. I am inclined to agree with the general consensus that the first event was far too easy and that this one is too difficult. I think that I will complete this event however, I had accumulated quite a few game coins prior to the commencement and I have not been working which has given me time to complete more orders than I am usually able to do; but without those two happy occurrences I would not be close to completing. I think that something between these two events would make for a challenging and enjoyable event. Having said all that I do enjoy the game and I wish everyone all the best with their S8 games

Welcome to the forum, urbanjunglegirl! :) Rynetory2

Wonkaland99
08-31-16, 07:53 AM
I came to this game when Castle Story offered gems to try it, and I am already as addicted to it as I am to CS, or perhaps even more so. Good strategy by S8! Missed most of the first event through joining late, but I am loving the current one.

My city is littered with half empty tower blocks, but at the current rate of progress I am optiistic about getting the final prize (whether it's worth it or not). I have missed out on about 3 boardwalk orders by 1 item, which annoys me, but I have to learn to plan my resources better! It is definitely possible to do both the boardwalk and this event if you have plenty of time on your hands.

I am finding this game more challenging than it appears at first, and incidentally I am pleased to see some familiar names on this forum - Hi mods!

Welcome to DC forum! Great to see you here. :) Rynetory2

kat8rose
08-31-16, 10:59 AM
The quick realization that unless I married the game or gemmed my way through, I would be lucky to get to the 2nd to last prize, solar hi rise. Much to my surprise, it really turned me off the game. Haven't even been bothering with it. Saved some money and aggravation ;-)

Great strategy to make impossible goals for people who don't spend money, or have a lot of time on a daily basis to grind. It is a game. And this is not even not remotely fun IMO.

hope all that have been grinding it out are successful!

OzFamily
08-31-16, 09:23 PM
I only have 5 more businesses and 5 more houses to complete with about 3.5 days left! Things are looking good!

ghjvcucjb
09-01-16, 12:50 AM
This event bored me and I stopped trying a couple of days ago. The first event was better imo.

zenobia42
09-01-16, 09:26 AM
I am at 273 houses. That means I have averaged 19.6 points per day. If I average the same the last 3.2 days, I will have 333 points. It will be VERY close but I think I will make it! But it will be close thanks to every Boardwalk order needing 7-15 Tradecraft hours... and most HI orders also needing Tradecraft. Just got an order for 2 glasses so I can fill that without waiting for Boardwalk stuff to finish, yay! I have 7.5 Tradecraft hours locked to Boardwalk today so an any Kitchenware HI order is awesome! Yesterday Boardwalk required 15 Traderaft hours so I got very little HI orders done, so hoping to make up for that a bit today.

Houses are up to 1673 coins each and half my civic buildings are now MUCH more population per square than houses so I'd rather not build houses if I don't HAVE to... so I'm going to need lots of Kitchenware HI orders to finish. But will probably build a few houses to be sure.

kooky panda
09-01-16, 09:36 AM
I did complete this!
I gave up my boardwalk and did not level up so I could have the coins to buy the houses and brownstones while working on this Event.

zenobia42
09-01-16, 09:41 AM
I did complete this!
I gave up my boardwalk and did not level up so I could have the coins to buy the houses and brownstones while working on this Event.

Congrats!

It would be really cool though if the game didn't require SO much of events, and of Boardwalk, that most of us have to choose either a) event OR b) boardwalk OR c) progress in the regular game. To have to choose 1 out of 3 any given day, and therefore be forced to let the other 2 of 3 go, it makes it less fun IMO.

OzFamily
09-01-16, 10:59 AM
I haven't been doing boardwalk either. I mean, I've got quite a few tickets already, and there's no rush to get those boardwalk prizes at this point.

Instead of seeing it as having to choose, I see it more like a word problem. Word problems throw in extra information to throw you off. You just have to figure out what is needed to accomplish the goal.

Rynetory2
09-01-16, 07:12 PM
Congrats!

It would be really cool though if the game didn't require SO much of events, and of Boardwalk, that most of us have to choose either a) event OR b) boardwalk OR c) progress in the regular game. To have to choose 1 out of 3 any given day, and therefore be forced to let the other 2 of 3 go, it makes it less fun IMO.

Having options is a good thing to cater to players with different preferences. Events give the players who have reached higher levels and maximum land something new, while players with growing cities can pick what they prefer. Since event gives limited edition buildings, I focused on it and do the rest when I can.

Mercy1st
09-02-16, 05:49 PM
Just finished the event, Bigger is Better. Not as much fun and did not like the final building-- much too big and would've rather had some more solar Highrises. Oh well everyone gets an opinion. Looking forward to the next event. Found that if you wait to build win and event is going on, everything works faster and you can coordinate much better. In this case coordinated the building of the bridge, the event, and the boardwalk. Good luck to all

PurpleScorpion76
09-03-16, 06:44 AM
Completed this today and got to do my first boardwalk in weeks. Happy it's done. Happy I then got a jump on 3 expansion plots from saving all my parts to expand. Managed the bridge too during the event too. Lots done. Now I have lots of space and no idea what to fill it with. Lol. Well apart from all the businesses I stored. Going to wait til I've upgraded town hall til I fully load my plots with stuff hopefully get another upgrade quickly.

jen7779
09-04-16, 12:45 AM
For the amount of money we have to pay for the house, the price which goes up each time, you don't pay us enough money on the orders. It's making it impossible to finish this goal on time, with the number of "house builders" needed. We can't have a 2nd kitchen building, building. Why I don't get. It would make completing this easier. I just don't understand why you sabotage us from the get go!

izzyiza
09-04-16, 12:22 PM
For the amount of money we have to pay for the house, the price which goes up each time, you don't pay us enough money on the orders. It's making it impossible to finish this goal on time, with the number of "house builders" needed. We can't have a 2nd kitchen building, building. Why I don't get. It would make completing this easier. I just don't understand why you sabotage us from the get go!

I have the same issue. I will be about 15 volunteers away from reaching the final goal and, if I hadn't only focused on this game yesterday and today, I would be farther away. I only have two businesses that give me volunteers and they require a lot of items to complete orders because I am at a high level in the game. Houses and high rises are also quite costly because of my current level and the number of both I already bought.

It would be great that the next event is more difficult than the first one we had but easier than Bigger is Better. S8 also needs to take into account that we cannot play this game 24/7. Events that end on a Sunday should end at the very end of the day.

Edited to add that I didn't have pedestrians most of the day today. Therefore, this didn't help me as it took much longer than usual to get money to buy houses.

Thanks

monstertop
09-04-16, 01:49 PM
I ended up not being able to even get to 200. Sad that I wasted so many coins building 50+ houses.

izzyiza
09-04-16, 02:08 PM
I ended up not being able to even get to 200. Sad that I wasted so many coins building 50+ houses.

I spent a LOT of money too and I was only missing 11 volunteers to reach the final goal. If I had known at the start of the event that I wouldn't be able to reach it, I would have spent the money on city buildings and not houses. I even set up alarms to help me complete this event. I hope the next event is doable without having to be online 24/7 and also that they take into account that we also want a city that is not only filled by houses and high rises.

my607
09-04-16, 02:37 PM
Doesn't anyone agree that the area for bigger better event takes up a lot of space? It should only be half the size. I gave up after I got the first high rise cuz nowhere to put houses.

OzFamily
09-04-16, 08:52 PM
I was able to finish the goal fairly easily. However, early on with playing the game, I saw the advantage of using civic buildings to increase population, so my house cost didn't go over $1000 until the last house I built for the event.

For my strategy to complete the goal, I figured out about how many volunteers I could earn in a day from businesses, and I used houses to supplement to reach my daily goal of 20 volunteers.

Also, I never ran low on money- I hovered around $20,000 throughout the event. The great thing is that on my last few orders for the event, I got the last pieces for the vineyard and lighthouse, so I won't have to build or spend money on another house or civic building for a while!

Wonkaland99
09-06-16, 09:12 AM
Finished with one and a half hours to spare, and enjoyed the event.