PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 8/18 Update - Betrayal, Part 1 (Queen Ivinea) | Goals/notes in post 1

SpiritWind00
08-18-16, 03:01 AM
Betrayal, Part 1
prepared by SpiritWind

Main Storyline. Not timed.
Goal Pre-requisites: Must have completed Track Checking from Search and Rescue, Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91942-Castle-Story-6-2-Search-and-Rescue-Part-3-Goals-notes-in-post-1) to access these goals.

Link to Search & Rescue Part 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89381-Castle-Story-2-25-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-1)
Link to Search & Rescue Part 2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90379-Castle-Story-3-31-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-2)
Link to Search & Rescue Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91942-Castle-Story-6-2-Search-and-Rescue-Part-3)
Link to Main Goal Guide - for pictures:

This is NOT the thread to discuss Dew drops... please use the Spellbound thread. I've moved all dew related posts from this thread over to the Spellbound thread if you're looking for one you've made previously :) thanks.

Please note: Yellow dust does not drop from the Chateau on every collection. You will have to visit it several times to get the yellow dust. The adventure drops multiple yellow dust on collection.

Goals:
Dialogue: Sabina: Miss Lila, are... Are you sure we are going in the right direction?
Lila: Absolutely! See? Queen Ivinea's dust has left a trail along the tree roots.
Ruler: But Lila... We're headed right back towards the kingdom!
Lila: Huh???
Sabina: Young Ruler, how could this be?
Ruler: I... I don't know, Sabina... But, whatever the reason, it can't be good. We should focus on finding Queen Ivinea. Once we've made sure she's safe, *then* we can worry about how this happened.
Sabina: ...
Ruler: ...What? Is something wrong?
Sabina: N-No... You are right. The sooner we locate Queen Ivinea, the better.

Leave no stone unturned! If we all work together, we are sure to find Queen Ivinea in no time at all!
1. Full Circle
* Search the local shops 0/10 SEARCH (skip 150 gems) | search market places, taverns and jewelers
* Search the livestock buildings 0/10 SEARCH (skip 100 gems) | search farmhouses, stables and hatcheries
* Search the ruler's structures 0/10 SEARCH (skip 100 gems) | search royal chateau, watchtowers, lantern spires
* Find a clue 0/1 FIND | found yellow dust in the royal chateau - note: it does not drop every time...
Rewards: 3400 coin, 11 xp
Congratulations: Sabina: This dust is the same colour as Queen Ivinea! Where did you find it?

Dialogue: Ruler: Guys, over here! Look!
Ivy: Yellow faerie dust? That's gotta be Queen Ivinea's dust! Where'd you find it?
Ruler: That's the disturbing part... It was here, around the Royal Chateau!
Ivy: Huh? That doesn't make any sense... Lady Greselda, can you take a look? Is this *really* Queen Ivinea's dust?
Greselda: Let me see... ...
Ivy: ...Well?
Greselda: ...It is definitely faerie dust, at least. The magic in it is extremely potent.
Ruler: Then there's no time to lose! Everyone spread out and search the Royal Chateau!
Sabina: Ah! Perhaps... Perhaps we should search in pairs?
Ruler: Pair So? What for?
Sabina: Well! Um...
Greselda: ...It would help us to be more thorough in our searching.
Sabina: Y-Yes! If we split into pairs, we can be absolutely sure we don't miss anything!
Ruler: Um... Alright... I'll go with Ivy, you two go together, and Old Thomas can go with Sir Thurston?
Sabina: Yes. That sounds good to me! Good luck, everyone!
Lila: Hey! What about me! I want to help!
Ruler: We need to make sure you and Azalea remain safe...especially if the culprit somewhere in this kingdom!
Greselda: Return to your sister, little faerie. We will search this place, and get you two when we've found your queen.
Lila: Fine...

Thurston: Though our history with Queen Ivinea has been difficult, I will put forth my best effort to find and rescue her! As stated in the Knight's Code, Rule 47: 'Thou shalt help any in need, no matter what!'
2. Follow The Yellow Dust Trail
* Search the Royal Chateau 0/4 GO (skip 100 gems) | You need to go on the new adventure in the castle...
Rewards: 2050 coin, 8 xp
Congratulations: Thurston: My Liege, alert the faeries! I hath located their Queen Ivinea!

Dialogue: Thurston: Everyone! I hath found Queen Ivinea!
Lila: We're here, we're here! Where is she?
Azalea: By the plume! Thank goodness you've found her! Take us to her at once!
Thurston: This way, towards the center of the chateau!
Ruler: Queen Ivinea! We're here for you!
Queen Ivinea: *weakly* You... !
Lila: My Queen! Just hag on, we'll get you out of--
Greselda: Stop! Don't touch those bounds!!!
Lila & Azalea: ?!
Greselda: Calm yourselves for a moment and think! Look upon the condition of your queen... Can you not see she is ill and weary?
Azalea: W-Well, then we have to get her out of those bounds immediately!
Greselda: I agree, but it would not do for you to endanger yourselves in the process. That cord is sapping Queen Ivinea's magic!
Lila: Then what should we do? We have to help her!
Greselda: Leave this to us, dears. I already have some familiarity with this string. It is the same which we found at the Plume Hive, the one your captor used to subdue you.
Ivy: Oh! If that's the case, a counter-enchantment should be easy to make!
Greselda: Yes. We can use our findings from before to concoct a base... Then, with a bit of Queen Ivinea's dust, we'll align our spell to her magic. This way, we can cut through that cord without harming her in the process!
Azalea: It... sounds safe enough... Are you sure this will work?
Ruler: Lady Greselda and Ivy are her best chance right now. We must have faith in them! Hang tight, Queen Ivinea. We'll get you out of there soon!
Queen Ivinea: ...
Ruler: ...?

Does something seem fishy to you? I can't quite put my finger on it... Oh well, I'd better focus on the counterspell. Lady Greselda needs me at the top of my game!
3. A Severing Sheen
* Forge Shimmering Shears 0/5 FORGE (skip 100 gems) | Magic Forge, 1 hour - 5 yellow dust, 3 enchanter's essence, 25 iron ore
* Test the Shimmering Shears 0/5 TEST | just press Test
Rewards: 3450 coin, 11 xp
Congratulations: Ivy: Team Young Ruler to the rescue!

Dialogue: Ruler: Alright, Queen Ivinea, hold still! These scissors should do the trick!
Queen Ivinea:...
Ruler: Aaand... There! Everyone help me clear away these cords!
Sabina: Oh, My Lady, you look so faint! Let us help you to a stand...
Ivy: Here, take my hand, Queen Ivinea. I've got you!
Queen Ivinea: Thank yo both. I hardly have the strength to keep my eyes open...
Azalea: Thank the plume you're okay, My Queen!
Lila: Yes! At last, we're all free and safe again!
Queen Ivinea: I am glad to see you both are safe. Neither of you are hurt?
Azalea: No, My Lady! The humans rescued us and helped us recover!
Queen Ivinea: I see...
Greselda: Now that you are freed, it would behoove us to determine the cause of all this.
Ivy: Yeah! Now that you are the safe, we need to make sure it doesn't happen again!
Queen Ivinea: That should be simple enough. I doubt the culprit will have much opportunity to try anything new.
Ruler: What makes you say that? Do you know who did this?
Queen Ivinea: I do, and I am looking right at them.
Ruler: ...Huh?
Queen Ivinea: Do not play coy with me, 'Young Ruler.' Did you truly believe you could best me?
Greselda / Sabina: ?!
Ruler: Wait, what? The Ruler... ?
Ruler: Whoa, show down! Queen Ivinea, you don't seriously think *I* did this?
Queen Ivinea: I have no time for this. Lila! Azalea! It is time we returned home... AWAY from this fiend!
Lila / Azalea: !!! Y-Yes, My Queen!
Ruler: Wait!!!

Young ruler...it was you? You were the one who kidnapped the Glimmerwood Faeries?
4. The Culprit Revealed...?
* Release Azalea 0/1 RELEASE
* Appeal to Lady Greselda at her castle 0/3 GO (skip 60 gems)
* Assure Sir Thurston at his fort 0/3 VISIT (skip 30 gems)
* Talk to Sabina at her house 0/3 SPEAK (skip 15 gems)
* Confide in Ivy at her hut 0/3 CHAT (skip 30 gems)
* Consult Old Thomas at his house 0/3 INQUIRE (skip 15 gems)
Rewards: 450 coin, 3 xp
Congratulations:

To be continued!....

Search the Royal Chateau
Adventure Requirement: 1 yellow dust, 3 fey crystal & 5 faeries' murmur | 2 hours
Goal Names: Follow The Yellow Dust Trail from Betrayed Part 1
Thread: Betrayal Part 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93608-Castle-Story-8-18-Update-Betrayal-Part-1-(Queen-Ivinea)-Goals-notes-in-post-1)
Notes on goal:
* adventure returns yellow dust

Items to add to the Inventory Guide:
Yellow Dust
Found: royal chateau (not on every collection), Search the Royal Chateau adventure
Uses: item in adventure

item
Crafted:
Found:
Uses:
Requirements:
Collection time:
Current thread:

sourp4tch
08-18-16, 10:28 AM
Rush along, my friend, we are sure to find her soon! Under every brush, over every root, could like the final clue to her whereabouts. Leave no stone unturned, no nest undisturbed! Except, something is not correct… Right before our eyes, doth Queen Ivinea await us?

[==Update requires completion of Track Checking, and will be here to stay.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: R U L E R

sourp4tch
08-18-16, 12:22 PM
Update is live! Hope you all enjoy :D

ShibuyaCloth
08-18-16, 12:28 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb21001.png_2v_31020.png
Search the Royal Chateau
Type: Adventure
Source: Main Storyline
Crafted in: Keep
Requirements: 1 Yellow Dust, 3 Fey Crystal & 5 Faeries' Murmur
Drops: Yellow Dust
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 12 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93608
Comments: Scour for traces of Queen Ivinea!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50629.png_2v_31020.png
Yellow Dust (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_YellowDust)
Info: We found this yellow Faerie Dust at the Royal Chateau... It must belong to Queen Ivinea!
Type: Material
Source: Harvest
Requirements: 7 gems
Found: Royal Chateau, Adventure (Search the Royal Chateau)
Used for: Adventure
Cap: 99
Comments: Only available during the quest!

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50630.png_2v_31020.png
Shimmering Shears (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ShimmeringShears)
Info: These have been enchanted to cut through Queen Ivinea's magic-draining bonds!
Type: Material
Source: Crafting
Crafted in: Magic Forge
Requirements: 5 Yellow Dust, Enchanter's Essence, 25 Iron Ore
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems
Cap: 99
Comments: Enchanted to cut Queen Ivinea's bonds!

Bonus:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/guide_0140_0popup.png_2v_31020.png

Solientus
08-18-16, 12:40 PM
Is this for the Quest beginning with Spellbound Construction? or is this thread for a higher-level-something else.

If it is for the above mentioned, will upgrading a building to level 6 effect quests that require a level 5 building?
If I'm in the wrong place for this question, please move if possible, thanks.

sourp4tch
08-18-16, 12:48 PM
Is this for the Quest beginning with Spellbound Construction? or is this thread for a higher-level-something else.

If it is for the above mentioned, will upgrading a building to level 6 effect quests that require a level 5 building?
If I'm in the wrong place for this question, please move if possible, thanks.

That's a separate thing, I'll make a new thread :)

mikepastry
08-18-16, 12:52 PM
I also did not get it...

What building do we have to upgrade to level 6?
What flowers give spellbound dew?
Are we required to purchase Spellbound Bloom for 300 gems in order to begin this quest?

paisdelasmaravillas
08-18-16, 01:03 PM
3 new goals:
Full circle
Spellbound construction
A blooming bonus
But this last costs 300 gems....

sourp4tch
08-18-16, 01:11 PM
Track Checking was the final goal from Search and Rescue, Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91942-Castle-Story-6-2-Search-and-Rescue-Part-3-Goals-notes-in-post-1) - you must complete those goals in order to access this update :)

paisdelasmaravillas
08-18-16, 01:18 PM
I've found the clue, this yellow dust in the royal chateau

kooky panda
08-18-16, 01:33 PM
You should post these pics in the Spellbound thread: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93616-Castle-Update-8-18-Spellbound

You should post this in the Spellbound thread

Haha...hey, Sunny.... Posted at the same time ;)

I moved paisdelasmaravillas's photos to the Spellbound thread!

ktorewqas
08-18-16, 01:53 PM
I checked all my marketplace (10), jewellers (7), towers(7), few times farmhouse and no clue in sight:eek:

kooky panda
08-18-16, 01:55 PM
Sorry, I was trying to post all the pics and think that the goals was joined.

It was very confusing when both goals came out! :)

mina_32
08-18-16, 02:00 PM
I do not see a "Full Circle" goal in my goal book. I am level 31.

Same. I'm lvl 50.

ashley224
08-18-16, 02:05 PM
Same. I'm lvl 50.

Try force closing

mina_32
08-18-16, 02:13 PM
Try force closing

Already done. The update came out hours ago and still got nothing, unfortunately.

kooky panda
08-18-16, 02:15 PM
I do not see a "Full Circle" goal in my goal book. I am level 31.

Same. I'm lvl 50.

Already done. The update came out hours ago and still got nothing, unfortunately.

Have you complete this goal?

Track Checking was the final goal from Search and Rescue, Part 3 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91942-Castle-Story-6-2-Search-and-Rescue-Part-3-Goals-notes-in-post-1) - you must complete those goals in order to access this update :)

ashley224
08-18-16, 03:01 PM
I checked all my marketplace (10), jewellers (7), towers(7), few times farmhouse and no clue in sight:eek:

I've found the clue, this yellow dust in the royal chateau

I seems like the clue is at the royal chateau

ktorewqas
08-18-16, 04:35 PM
I seems like the clue is at the royal chateaunot for me either :(

ktorewqas
08-18-16, 04:56 PM
No clue or dew here at all :(

riverly
08-18-16, 05:58 PM
I got the clue from Royal chateau. I had just stored all taverns and markets, so will have to wait to collect and also had to get some towers out of storage. Playing the waiting game for now.

comeseecomesah
08-18-16, 06:02 PM
I got clue 1st try from Chateau in 1 kingdom but not in my other kingdom, so I guess it comes when it comes.

coolssp
08-18-16, 06:20 PM
Got my clue from the Royal Chateau :)

But unfortunately the clicking of farmhouses didn't register :(

maiasienna
08-18-16, 06:36 PM
Does the Chateau need to be lvl 5 to get the clue?
Mine is level 4 and I didn't get it.

sunnygirl634
08-18-16, 06:38 PM
I got my clue from the first collection of the Royal Chateau.

After Follow the Clue is

Follow the Yellow Dust Trail

Search the Royal Chateau (We'll find her, My Liege! I promise!) 0/4 (Skip 100 gems)
Rewards: 2050 coins, +8 XP

sunnygirl634
08-18-16, 06:41 PM
Does the Chateau need to be lvl 5 to get the clue?
Mine is level 4 and I didn't get it.

Mine is only at Level 2 and I got it. I think it's just a random drop.

DrP4ever
08-18-16, 07:27 PM
No clue after doin everything, including the chateau, and not one dew after 100 energy.

SpiritWind00
08-18-16, 08:52 PM
This is NOT the thread to discuss Dew drops... please use the Spellbound thread. I've moved all dew related posts from this thread over to the Spellbound thread if you're looking for one you've made previously :) thanks.

undead30k
08-18-16, 10:14 PM
My royal chateau is level 3 and I got it too. Where else is the yellow dust at?

BiggerBubbles
08-18-16, 11:42 PM
I got my clue from the first collection of the Royal Chateau.

After Follow the Clue is

Follow the Yellow Dust Trail

Search the Royal Chateau (We'll find her, My Liege! I promise!) 0/4 (Skip 100 gems)
Rewards: 2050 coins, +8 XP

When I saw this goal appear I went straight to the Royal Chateau, clicked on it, got a further yellow dust, but when I look at the goal in my book, it still says 0/4, it didn't count my collection. And yes, I have force closed twice, hoping it would update. Has this happened to anyone else? Surely I didn't need to click 'Go' in the goal book, just clicking on the chateau should have counted. Possible bug?

Pinkpig943
08-18-16, 11:49 PM
When I saw this goal appear I went straight to the Royal Chateau, clicked on it, got a further yellow dust, but when I look at the goal in my book, it still says 0/4, it didn't count my collection. And yes, I have force closed twice, hoping it would update. Has this happened to anyone else? Surely I didn't need to click 'Go' in the goal book, just clicking on the chateau should have counted. Possible bug?

When I pressed 'Go' it took me to the castle, possibly a new adventure? Have knights out at present will have to wait :)

totalwasteoftime
08-19-16, 12:04 AM
When I pressed 'Go' it took me to the castle, possibly a new adventure? Have knights out at present will have to wait :)

Yes an adventure...I found it when my knights came home. I can't remember the requirements other than it took one pile of yellow dust ( I had 2 at the time) and takes 2 hours. When I collected I didn't notice anything drop, but I had 5 dust available and could send out another adventure... so maybe the Knights carry a pile of dust with them and come back with more?

BiggerBubbles
08-19-16, 12:06 AM

Ah, thankyou pink pig, it does too. That's actually a bit confusing, I took it to mean visit the chateau 4 times, I don't expect to be the only one, but you never know. Anyhow, castle adv comes back in 4 hrs so will see how long this one is then.

puzzlehound
08-19-16, 12:19 AM
First Adventure came back with 3 yellow dust to give me a total of 4. Goal currently says 1 of 4. Maybe 4 adventures? New adventure requirements are 1 yellow dust, 3 fey crystal & 5 Faeries murmur.

SpiritWind00
08-19-16, 12:34 AM
I'll double check with sourp4tch about the wording of this goal as it doesn't seem right. I've made a note in post 1 about it....

MoonVillage3
08-19-16, 03:46 AM
Search the ROYAL CHATEAU is an exploration from the Castle.. not visting our Chateau on the game board.
The exploration is not present in the Barracks.
It needs 2 YellowDusts which u get collecting from the RoyalChateau, Fay Crystals and something else.
The RoyalChateau exploration presenterd only when I had collect the 2nd YellowDust.

correction: only one yellow dust needed.. one is still left in my inventory.

SpiritWind00
08-19-16, 04:14 AM
Search the ROYAL CHATEAU is an exploration from the Castle.. not visting our Chateau on the game board.
The exploration is not present in the Barracks.
It needs 2 YellowDusts which u get collecting from the RoyalChateau, Fay Crystals and something else.
The RoyalChateau exploration presenterd only when I had collect the 2nd YellowDust.
Yes, an adventure with that name makes more sense! ;) post 1 updated...

storiadelcastello
08-19-16, 04:41 AM
Ah, thankyou pink pig, it does too. That's actually a bit confusing, I took it to mean visit the chateau 4 times, I don't expect to be the only one, but you never know. Anyhow, castle adv comes back in 4 hrs so will see how long this one is then.

I tapped on the royal chatea too and nothing. Tried restarting still nothing. Tapped go on the goal and it sent me to adventure. Have to wait till my knights come back to see what adventure they will have to go on.

paisdelasmaravillas
08-19-16, 05:44 AM
Argghh...!
Very bad explained!!!! And I sent my knights to an adventure this morning thinking in visit royal chateau

meme1098
08-19-16, 05:53 AM
I tapped on the royal chatea too and nothing. Tried restarting still nothing. Tapped go on the goal and it sent me to adventure. Have to wait till my knights come back to see what adventure they will have to go on.

Argghh...!
Very bad explained!!!! And I sent my knights to an adventure this morning thinking in visit royal chateau

I fell for it too! Went directly to my Royal Chateau like the dialog & goal said. Nothing in the dialog about adventuring was even mentioned.
Why does S8 keep doing this??? The wording about Zabrina going on your game board & not in inventory hasn't been changed after all this time & now this!
The next several pages will be nothing but posts now about this goal & how the RC is not ticking off their visits. How could you not think this would be confusing S8?

ladyperidot
08-19-16, 06:31 AM
So glad I came here! Was thinking about speeding up a spire as I need one more collection from watchtower/spire/chateau to get to second phase of this. I'll wait now as I sent my knights to the dark caves (they needed a break from all that desert sand!) and they won't be back until morning.

ashley224
08-19-16, 08:26 AM
Supplies need for new chateau adventure

MoonVillage3
08-19-16, 08:45 AM
I fell for it too! Went directly to my Royal Chateau like the dialog & goal said. Nothing in the dialog about adventuring was even mentioned.
Why does S8 keep doing this??? The wording about Zabrina going on your game board & not in inventory hasn't been changed after all this time & now this!
The next several pages will be nothing but posts now about this goal & how the RC is not ticking off their visits. How could you not think this would be confusing S8?

Thurston: Though our history with Queen Ivinea has been difficult, I will put forth my best effort to find and rescue her! As stated in the Knight's Code, Rule 47: 'Thou shalt help any in need, no matter what!'

The clue in this part talks about knights, rescuing.. reading it more than once, it's understandable that knights are involved, thus an adventure is needed. Hints were given where to go. The wording just fooled us if we read quickly and assumed was the ordinary RoyalChateau.

puzzlehound
08-19-16, 08:51 AM
I think I visited the royal chateau to get my first yellow dust and then was able to go on an adventure. I've been on two adventures so far and my goal book is at 2 of 4. My adventure gave me additional dust to go on the next adventure. Not sure about drop rates. I also think you can collect additional dust from Royal chateau building

hottrthanhott
08-19-16, 09:15 AM
Ok, so we will only get the yellow dust now from the adventure?
I took out all my taverns, Jewelers, Marketplaces etc. I just wanna know if collecting from them will give me extra dust.
If not, "I'll clean up my house" and put it away. Don't wanna waste energy.☺️

How about from Royal Chateau, the actual building, any chance of yellow dust from there again?

Please let me know.
Thanks S8!

prancinland
08-19-16, 09:22 AM
Yay! Everything seems to be running smoothly, just waiting for my knights to return so I can get going on the next task of searching the chateau! Whoot! Busy busy busy! Picking flowers collecting, fishing in ponds, fighting Nagas' yay!
Great having things in my "book" again, but I have to admit it's a little confusing!! Lol!! Love it! Got out of the groove of things and now we seem to be moving along again!

puzzlehound
08-19-16, 09:50 AM
3rd adventure gave me 2 yellow dust. Looks like random drops. First adventure gave me 3, but don't remember 2nd adventure drop. Have 4 more hours to collect from Royal chateau building before I can confirm yellow dust drops from there. I don't know if there are any other sources for dust at this point. Goal book also states 3 of 4 after 3rd adventure.

kolakid
08-19-16, 09:56 AM
Part 3
Forge Shimmering Shears x5
Test Shimmering Shears x5

Shimmer Shears requires:
Yellow Dust x5
Enchanter's Essence x3
Iron Ore x25

1 hour

kolakid
08-19-16, 10:08 AM
Getting Yellow Dust from Chateau Building , got 1 (Timer 6 hours)
Also from "Search the Royal Chateau" Adventure, so far 2 each time (Timer 2hours)

BUT so silly having to use Yellow Dust in Adventure to GET Yellow Dust!!!

ashley224
08-19-16, 10:34 AM
I guess I'm really lucky, each of my 2 adventures returned 4 yellow dust.

MoonVillage3
08-19-16, 10:50 AM
Ok, so we will only get the yellow dust now from the adventure?
I took out all my taverns, Jewelers, Marketplaces etc. I just wanna know if collecting from them will give me extra dust.
If not, "I'll clean up my house" and put it away. Don't wanna waste energy.☺️

How about from Royal Chateau, the actual building, any chance of yellow dust from there again?

Please let me know.
Thanks S8!

yes.. RoyalChateau still giving dust, Castle Adventure too.

MoonVillage3
08-19-16, 10:54 AM
Part 3

Shimmer Shears requires:
Yellow Dust x5
Enchanter's Essence x3
Iron Ore x25

1 hour

Thank you! means we'll need YellowDust after #2 Follow the Yellow dust trail

MoonVillage3
08-19-16, 10:55 AM
I guess I'm really lucky, each of my 2 adventures returned 4 yellow dust.

mine too.. but just maybe.. it's luck;) seems to be random

hottrthanhott
08-19-16, 10:57 AM
yes.. RoyalChateau still giving dust, Castle Adventure too.

Thank you so much!
Did you try the other buildings?

QueenCarolyn
08-19-16, 12:40 PM
I accidentally went on a desert adventure quest instead of the Castle Adventure quest. Sigh.

riverly
08-19-16, 12:43 PM
I accidentally went on a desert adventure quest instead of the Castle Adventure quest. Sigh.i can certainly relate to that!!!

riverly
08-19-16, 12:47 PM
I like the name of event. - follow the yellow dust trail. It makes me think of follow the yellow brick road for some reason. We'reeee off........

ashley224
08-19-16, 12:50 PM
I like the name of event. - follow the yellow dust trail. It makes me think of follow the yellow brick road for some reason. We'reeee off........

Cute, I like it!

ashley224
08-19-16, 12:52 PM
I didn't know it was possible, just got 6 yellow dust from adventure. I hope everyone gets 6.

PrincessCupOButter
08-19-16, 03:20 PM
I didn't know it was possible, just got 6 yellow dust from adventure. I hope everyone gets 6.

Me too! And ditto....hope the drop rate increases for everyone. And stays up! Lol

I am a little confused about why we are doing an adventure to find yellow dust, (and apparently only yellow dust), and using the same yellow dust to send the adventure. Seems a bit self-defeating.
I know there's another thread for it.....but it sure would be nice if the Knights could find a couple of dewdrops too, while searching the chateau, and maybe a few energy. (Hint hint S8!)

ashley224
08-19-16, 03:56 PM
Me too! And ditto....hope the drop rate increases for everyone. And stays up! Lol

I am a little confused about why we are doing an adventure to find yellow dust, (and apparently only yellow dust), and using the same yellow dust to send the adventure. Seems a bit self-defeating.
I know there's another thread for it.....but it sure would be nice if the Knights could find a couple of dewdrops too, while searching the chateau, and maybe a few energy. (Hint hint S8!)

It's like when I go to the store to buy something for someone else, I take an empty container with me because there are so many options that if I don't have a sample, I never quite get the right one. They are taking the yellow dust with them as a sample to make sure they are following the right yellow dust trail. After all I'm sure there's a lot of yellow dust options out there.

PrincessCupOButter
08-19-16, 06:27 PM
It's like when I go to the store to buy something for someone else, I take an empty container with me because there are so many options that if I don't have a sample, I never quite get the right one. They are taking the yellow dust with them as a sample to make sure they are following the right yellow dust trail. After all I'm sure there's a lot of yellow dust options out there.

Lol! You're probably right...Thurston has to bring an example, or else they'll probably come back with a pile of sand.

My latest adventure brought back 4 yellow dust piles. So far it's 4-6-4, waiting to see what the next adventure brings.

caron7
08-19-16, 07:10 PM
Part 3

Shimmer Shears requires:
Yellow Dust x5
Enchanter's Essence x3
Iron Ore x25

1 hour

Thank you. Waiting for my last adventure to return, so I'll start some enchanters essence!!

kattkrazie
08-19-16, 09:08 PM
Part 4:

The Culprit Revealed...?
Young ruler...it was you? You were the one who kidnapped the Glimmerwood Faeries?

Release Azalea (0/1)

Appeal to Lady Griselda at her castle (0/3)

Assure Thurston at his fort (0/3)

Talk to Sabina at her house (0/3)

Confide in Ivy at her hut (0/3)

Consult Old Thomas at his house (0/3)

riverly
08-19-16, 09:13 PM
And the plot thickens!!!

kattkrazie
08-19-16, 09:22 PM
And the plot thickens!!!

Who would have thought that WE were the ones who did the kidnapping? Guess that's why it's called Betrayal. Lol

MoonVillage3
08-20-16, 04:19 AM
Part 4:

The Culprit Revealed...?

Release Azalea (0/1)

Thank you for Part4 Katt :p
How do we 'release' Azalea? Just by tapping?

scavaig
08-20-16, 07:03 AM
High number drops of yellow dust not happening for me.

Made first scissors that left me with no dust. Knights returned from adventure and dropped one dust. Chateau dropped no dust. Sent knights off again - so back to zero dust.

Looks like a long term goal for me

comeseecomesah
08-20-16, 09:06 AM
Part 4:

The Culprit Revealed...?

Release Azalea (0/1)

Completed the above and no other goal part popped up. Just said THE CULPRIT REVEALED "I don't believe it, something else must be going on here"

Ooh see, it doesn't look like it was me after all....so who oooo?
Wonder how long we have to wait.

kattkrazie
08-20-16, 09:34 AM
Thank you for Part4 Katt :p
How do we 'release' Azalea? Just by tapping?

Hi Moon! Yes, you just tap a button to release Azalea.

QueenCarolyn
08-20-16, 09:51 AM
High number drops of yellow dust not happening for me.

Made first scissors that left me with no dust. Knights returned from adventure and dropped one dust. Chateau dropped no dust. Sent knights off again - so back to zero dust.

Looks like a long term goal for me

Yes, you must not make shears if that uses all your dust! You should first go on the quest to get more dust.

PrincessCupOButter
08-20-16, 11:29 AM
Releasing Azalea removed her from inventory. (Yes, I realize I'm stating the obvious, lol, but I still checked to see.)

Also, after testing the scissors, the ability to craft them disappears, so anyone planning to make souvenirs should do so before clicking test!
I'm guessing the same goes for the yellow dust.....collect any extras before testing the scissors. I have an adventure out now and I expect it will be the last one, just wondering if it will drop any dust, now that I've moved on. :confused:

Ps. I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out who the real culprit is!

ktorewqas
08-20-16, 12:04 PM
Releasing Azalea removed her from inventory. (Yes, I realize I'm stating the obvious, lol, but I still checked to see.)

Also, after testing the scissors, the ability to craft them disappears, so anyone planning to make souvenirs should do so before clicking test!
I'm guessing the same goes for the yellow dust.....collect any extras before testing the scissors. I have an adventure out now and I expect it will be the last one, just wondering if it will drop any dust, now that I've moved on. :confused:

Ps. I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out who the real culprit is!yes, the adventure is gone and my last one gave me 4 dust.

farmerbrown2010
08-20-16, 01:02 PM
I have a chateau but it does not say royal chateau- I have the Kings Keep - does that make a difference?

ashley224
08-20-16, 01:24 PM
I have a chateau but it does not say royal chateau- I have the Kings Keep - does that make a difference?

The chateau is the royal chateau because it gives royal points. If you look on the back of the inventory card, it will tell you that it is a royal building.

Flowersandgems
08-20-16, 06:20 PM
I seem to be stuck. I finally found the yellow dust. Read the story about going out in pairs, then I was directed to the castle. When my knights returned, however there was no new adventure. I have restarted several times, and keep collecting from the Royal Chateau, but no more yellow dust. I can't find the original one I got in my inventory either. It has disappeared. Any help appreciated.

ashley224
08-20-16, 07:53 PM
I seem to be stuck. I finally found the yellow dust. Read the story about going out in pairs, then I was directed to the castle. When my knights returned, however there was no new adventure. I have restarted several times, and keep collecting from the Royal Chateau, but no more yellow dust. I can't find the original one I got in my inventory either. It has disappeared. Any help appreciated.

Perhaps it has reset somehow? Which challenge do you currently have in your book?

Flowersandgems
08-20-16, 08:32 PM
I still have the full circle challenge, even though I thought I had finished it
I'm not getting any yellow dust, and I don't have the adventure. Something wrong here.
Restarted iPad, still nothing.

Some hours later - I think it has reset now, finally got a yellow dust, and we're off!!!!!!!

hagypagy
08-21-16, 10:25 AM
I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out who the real culprit is!

:mad: It's that scumbag The Baron! :mad:

That piece of cloth we found before was definitely his outfit.

Guess we'll be waiting a month or two before Betrayal Part 2 comes...

crystalfire2000
08-21-16, 04:46 PM

I did same thing and spent 24 gems before I figured it out . It could have been clearer 😱

ladyperidot
08-22-16, 11:17 AM
:mad: It's that scumbag The Baron! :mad:

That piece of cloth we found before was definitely his outfit.

Guess we'll be waiting a month or two before Betrayal Part 2 comes...

So, is part 4 the last one? I'm in progress, but it will be Wednesday before I can visit Griselda that last time

jodi0122
08-22-16, 11:21 AM
So, is part 4 the last one? I'm in progress, but it will be Wednesday before I can visit Griselda that last time

Yes, this update ends after visiting Griselda for the 3rd time.. so no rush

ktorewqas
08-22-16, 11:32 AM
Yes, this update ends after visiting Griselda for the 3rd time.. so no rushoh wow, a short task ;) compare to the spellbound upgrading one lol

tonyjosiah
08-23-16, 09:05 AM
I got a little excited about this continuation of the plot line. But it ended so quickly:-/
I can't wait until the next part of the story. Bring on Betrayal Part Deux!!! :-) ;-)

MoonVillage3
08-23-16, 11:57 AM

Everything ends with whatever is your last collection... without a word, without an explanation and the quest page just disappears... leaving you in suspense!!!

la_cross
08-23-16, 04:49 PM
I've been visiting royal chateau many times,but I still got no clues😞
Somebody help😲😛

ashley224
08-23-16, 07:04 PM
I've been visiting royal chateau many times,but I still got no clues��
Somebody help����

Is looking for the clue the current quest in your book? Sometimes the game rests and undoes/changes where you are in the challenges.
You can try force closing everything, shutting down device and restarting.

la_cross
08-23-16, 09:01 PM
tried force closing already.
Thanks

MoonVillage3
08-23-16, 10:45 PM
I've been visiting royal chateau many times,but I still got no clues��
Somebody help����

The 'clue' comes from the Chateau.. so insist there. I didnt find it in the first visits either. As Asley said make sure ur game has memorized ur last steps... and keep collecting from the Chateau.

la_cross
08-24-16, 06:24 AM
The 'clue' comes from the Chateau.. so insist there. I didnt find it in the first visits either. As Asley said make sure ur game has memorized ur last steps... and keep collecting from the Chateau.

Thanks,moon.
i think I have visited chateau five or six times already😞
I'll keep trying anyway

riverly
08-24-16, 06:49 AM
I've been visiting royal chateau many times,but I still got no clues😞
Somebody help😲😛just to be clear- you are visiting the chateau building- correct? Some of those buildings look similar and I had to be careful I wasn't visiting the manor instead.

SaraWat
08-24-16, 04:53 PM
my chateau no is no longer dropping yellow dust. Crafted 4 out of 5 shears but no dust for last 7 visits to the chateau. Please help

laurelsail
08-24-16, 05:34 PM
My Chateau hasn't dropped yellow dust for the last two days! Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

meme1098
08-24-16, 06:55 PM
My Chateau hasn't dropped yellow dust for the last two days! Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
Are you saving 1 dust so you can send out the adventure? It usually will come back with 4 dust each time. Then you can send out another.

ashley224
08-24-16, 07:17 PM
my chateau no is no longer dropping yellow dust. Crafted 4 out of 5 shears but no dust for last 7 visits to the chateau. Please help

It doesn't drop every time, it is random. Sometimes it takes a lot of collections. I know 7 is a lot. Keep trying and keep doing the adventures as well.

la_cross
08-24-16, 07:36 PM
just to be clear- you are visiting the chateau building- correct? Some of those buildings look similar and I had to be careful I wasn't visiting the manor instead.
That was not correct. I visited "chateau" this time and finally got a clue!
Solved!
Thanks so much😛😝😍

riverly
08-24-16, 09:32 PM
Yay!!!
After reading similar posts I was beginning to think dust was beginning to be as rare as dew.
Hope others are having better luck.

riverly
08-24-16, 09:35 PM
Remember to get a lot of dust from adventures before making shears.

mnjcafe
08-25-16, 04:19 AM
There is no way the ruler did this! But Queen Ivinea seemed very convinced just based on seeing her (or his, I guess) face. Does the ruler have a secret twin?!

fabulus12
08-25-16, 03:51 PM
I'm on the visit Royal Chateau 4 times, I've visited but my count isn't changing. Is there anything else I need to do?

PrincessCupOButter
08-25-16, 05:23 PM
I'm on the visit Royal Chateau 4 times, I've visited but my count isn't changing. Is there anything else I need to do?

Its not visiting the actual building. It's an adventure in the castle/keep.

Sandybellee
09-13-16, 02:55 AM
I'm catching up on the storyline! Doing this one now and then I'll be all caught up! :)

texastru
09-13-16, 12:10 PM
I just started this but I am not seeing a Royal Chateau to get the inital yellow dust from. I am at level 50. I have the Royal Manor? And when I hit Find A Clue it directs me to the Royal Buildings - not one is a Royal Chateau. It is also not in my adventures from the Queen's Court. But again - still have not collected the first yellow dust.

texastru
09-13-16, 12:12 PM
Nevermind!!! Just found it in my inventory - sorry!!!

nateryd
01-09-17, 09:25 AM
So once this is done.. Is that the end of the story line so far?

SpiritWind00
01-09-17, 10:01 PM
So once this is done.. Is that the end of the story line so far?
Yes it is the current end. ;)

nateryd
01-09-17, 10:22 PM

:( :( :(

CheebaAngel
02-20-18, 08:14 PM

Hi SW! Since it's been over a year since your last confirmation...do u have any new info yet on when there will b a continuation of this part of the storyline?

SpiritWind00
02-21-18, 01:45 PM
Hi SW! Since it's been over a year since your last confirmation...do u have any new info yet on when there will b a continuation of this part of the storyline?
Wow a year already!:) unfortunately I don't get any advanced notice of updated content but S8 do often post in the Sneak Peek thread about new content coming soon. From the faeries we moved to mermaids so it could be at some point the glimmerwood citizen stories will again merge. There are a few loose ends now in main story we are anxious to find out about:) this is definitely one!

CheebaAngel
02-22-18, 11:47 PM
Wow a year already!:) unfortunately I don't get any advanced notice of updated content but S8 do often post in the Sneak Peek thread about new content coming soon. From the faeries we moved to mermaids so it could be at some point the glimmerwood citizen stories will again merge. There are a few loose ends now in main story we are anxious to find out about:) this is definitely one!

Ty SW for the quick reply on a super old thread! Lol. And I really appreciate that additional info, i'll have 2 keep an eye out there for new info, Thanx!!
(I also wanted 2 say, I know ur not with S8 & so I REALLY appreciate all you do for everyone. I was lost in this game for yrs till I found this forum this time around❤)

HuckleTown
09-30-18, 07:07 AM

I just completed this and now find out S8 introduced more story lines before finishing this one hwhich leaves me accused of kidnapping faeries?

I was holding off going to mermaids trying to finish the "original" storyline goals. Does reaching this point mean I've reached the "end"

SpiritWind00
09-30-18, 05:23 PM
I just completed this and now find out S8 introduced more story lines before finishing this one hwhich leaves me accused of kidnapping faeries?

I was holding off going to mermaids trying to finish the "original" storyline goals. Does reaching this point mean I've reached the "end"
Yes it does. The mermaid arc only has 1 pre-requisite and that's an Elven link.

HuckleTown
10-01-18, 07:25 AM
Yes it does. The mermaid arc only has 1 pre-requisite and that's an Elven link.

Thanks Spiritwind

bumbleebeeville
10-30-18, 10:20 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but are we sure the yellow dust still drops from the chateau after the first adventure returns?

Glimmerless
11-10-18, 11:34 PM
This may sound like a dumb question but are we sure the yellow dust still drops from the chateau after the first adventure returns?

I'm on that goal right now, and I've gotten Yellow Dust drops from the Royal Chateau even after completing the four Adventures at the Castle. It's just annoying because it's random even after a 6-hour wait... At the minimum, you can make one Shimmering Shear in 1.25 days if you're really, really fortunate and get a drop every single collection. And if you collect on time.

If you have the materials, it seems more productive to get it from the Adventure that guarantees two Yellow Dust in 2 hours. On my fourth Adventure, it actually dropped three. If you really want to go the Royal Chateau route, it's going to take a lot of patience and a bit of luck. Hope you get the drops soon!

vlindertje58
08-19-23, 10:49 AM
I just finished “ Betrayal “ Part 1.
Last post is from 11-11-2018.
Was there never a continuation? It ends so suddenly.