PDA

View Full Version : Not getting special parts for Points of Interest / Locations

bss0226
08-17-16, 09:13 AM
The team has checked and confirmed that the drops of special parts is not affected in the new version. Keep going. :)

We took a look at game and we can confirm that you will still receive the items needed to build points of interest from Mystery Boxes. As you progress through building your city and add new points of interest, some buildings may require items that are more rare and harder to obtain. It may take a few Mystery Boxes before you can get the items you need for some of these points of interest.

We wish good luck to all the mayors on building their Dream Cities!

These drops will get harder as you get into further and further expansions. :)

Expanded to Chesterfield Movie Studios. Have mastered about 5 or 6 shops since the expansion. Not getting any expansion parts for more land nor the movie boards needed to repair the studio. Only getting few parts to expand the inventory warehouse. Can someone check on this?

Rynetory2
08-17-16, 09:55 AM
You should be getting a reward for every mastered business, are you getting it?

SparklyOctopus
08-17-16, 02:40 PM
Hey there. Rynetory is correct. You should be getting a reward after mastering a business. If you are still not receiving a reward, could you please take a screenshot so that I can pass it to the team to investigate further? Thanks!

Sb1957
08-17-16, 03:19 PM
Before I downloaded the update I have unlocked the observatory and was receiving the maps to finish it. But now AFTER the update I don' t received maps anymore. Can anybody help me?

bss0226
08-17-16, 03:53 PM
Hey there. Rynetory is correct. You should be getting a reward after mastering a business. If you are still not receiving a reward, could you please take a screenshot so that I can pass it to the team to investigate further? Thanks!

I do get a reward, it's a part for the inventory warehouse... Crate, tape, or bubble wrap.

Other times I've gotten a reward or two and at least once in the mastered stores (doing 6 or 7 of them), I should have received a movie clipboard needed for the studio or even an expansion item. Since finishing the bridge I have gotten NO expansion items from mastering shops. This is not right.

SparklyOctopus
08-17-16, 04:02 PM
I do get a reward, it's a part for the inventory warehouse... Crate, tape, or bubble wrap.

Other times I've gotten a reward or two and at least once in the mastered stores (doing 6 or 7 of them), I should have received a movie clipboard needed for the studio or even an expansion item. Since finishing the bridge I have gotten NO expansion items from mastering shops. This is not right.

Thanks for the additional information. The next time you master a shop, would it be possible to take a screenshot of the rewards so that I can pass it along to the team? Thanks for all of your assistance.

bss0226
08-17-16, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the additional information. The next time you master a shop, would it be possible to take a screenshot of the rewards so that I can pass it along to the team? Thanks for all of your assistance.

Will do. I am doing a boardwalk order right now and should be finished in about 2 hours. I see someone else posted in another forum that since expanding to or working on the city Brooke bridge, he hasn't gotten any parts for the observatory. Perhaps this is related. Something may be broken with the new update considering the invisible factories, bridge, lack of animation, etc. may all be related

bss0226
08-17-16, 06:40 PM

Did two more shops. One was coins only. Other coins and part for inventory. Screenshots attached. If I can't put two screenshots will put one in next message

bss0226
08-17-16, 08:05 PM
Did two more deliveries. Finally got a transit for expansion. Still not a movie board in sight

Do they expect us to use gems to replace the movie boards that are not dropping? I have a goal to complete but can't without the movie boards

Attached screen shots.

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 02:00 AM
Before I downloaded the update I have unlocked the observatory and was receiving the maps to finish it. But now AFTER the update I don' t received maps anymore. Can anybody help me?

Do you know how long has it been since you last receive a map? Sometimes the special parts take me several days or over a week to collect them all. Can you keep track of your rewards when you master your businesss and post the screen shots in Bug and Issues forum? Thanks.

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the pics. I've passed along to SparklyOctopus. I'm not near the Studio so I dont get these special parts but I remembered the previous special parts took me about a week to collect. Not sure about this though.

bss0226
08-18-16, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the pics. I've passed along to SparklyOctopus. I'm not near the Studio so I dont get these special parts but I remembered the previous special parts took me about a week to collect. Not sure about this though.
Thanks. Note in another thread, someone mentioned not getting any parts for observatory since the upgrade. May be related

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:18 AM
Thanks. Note in another thread, someone mentioned not getting any parts for observatory since the upgrade. May be related

Thanks for highlighting that. Not sure cos the drops are random and from previous feedback, it took players several days to collect those special parts even when using the old version. The new version is only recently so Idk. Lets wait for the team to check.

Sb1957
08-18-16, 09:00 AM
Yesterday finally I got one map!

Do you know how long has it been since you last receive a map? Sometimes the special parts take me several days or over a week to collect them all. Can you keep track of your rewards when you master your businesss and post the screen shots in Bug and Issues forum? Thanks.

bss0226
08-18-16, 11:01 AM
Thanks for highlighting that. Not sure cos the drops are random and from previous feedback, it took players several days to collect those special parts even when using the old version. The new version is only recently so Idk. Lets wait for the team to check.
Thanks. Did about 5 more shops mastered today. No parts for studio. Mostly parts for inventory. One transit and one saw. I really need shovels to expand, though.

Thanks again

Rynetory2
08-18-16, 05:26 PM
The team has checked and confirmed that the drops of special parts is not affected in the new version. Keep going. :)

We took a look at game and we can confirm that you will still receive the items needed to build points of interest from Mystery Boxes. As you progress through building your city and add new points of interest, some buildings may require items that are more rare and harder to obtain. It may take a few Mystery Boxes before you can get the items you need for some of these points of interest.

bss0226
08-18-16, 07:42 PM
Thanks. I got 2 movie albums today after new event started. Even though they say the part drops weren't affected by the update, I got the two items after mastering 3 or 4 home improvement stores as part of the event. Coincidence?

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 07:55 AM
Thanks. I got 2 movie albums today after new event started. Even though they say the part drops weren't affected by the update, I got the two items after mastering 3 or 4 home improvement stores as part of the event. Coincidence?

Please send an email to support@storm8.com if you have further questions on this matter. They can investigate your game and provide you with specific answers for your account. Sorry I wouldnt know why and what had transpired in your game. The Agent will be able to help you further. Thanks.

bss0226
08-19-16, 05:19 PM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com if you have further questions on this matter. They can investigate your game and provide you with specific answers for your account. Sorry I wouldnt know why and what had transpired in your game. The Agent will be able to help you further. Thanks.

Thanks. Understand, I'm not complaining. I've gotten 4 movie boards since the new event started. Maybe just a coincidence that they started to drop after the new event and so many deliveries before the event without drops. Regardless, seems fixed now. Thanks again

Rynetory2
08-19-16, 08:50 PM
Thanks. Understand, I'm not complaining. I've gotten 4 movie boards since the new event started. Maybe just a coincidence that they started to drop after the new event and so many deliveries before the event without drops. Regardless, seems fixed now. Thanks again

I'm glad you're getting the drops now and much closer to repairing the Studios. I'm so excited for you. :) btw all feedback is very welcome so no worries about that.

bss0226
08-19-16, 10:09 PM
I'm glad you're getting the drops now and much closer to repairing the Studios. I'm so excited for you. :) btw all feedback is very welcome so no worries about that.

Got the 5th movie board and am repairing the studio now. Amazing how quickly the boards came after the new event started. Thanks again

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 12:55 AM
Oh Congrats!! That's wonderful news. :D

qprpaul
08-25-16, 01:09 AM
Has this issue reared its head again ? No movie boards for me since I finished the bridge a week ago.
Have probably opened 30-40 mystery boxes in that time and received only bubble wrap, wooden crate, tripods, packing tape, hard hats and cash etc.......

Rynetory2
08-25-16, 06:50 AM
Has this issue reared its head again ? No movie boards for me since I finished the bridge a week ago.
Have probably opened 30-40 mystery boxes in that time and received only bubble wrap, wooden crate, tripods, packing tape, hard hats and cash etc.......

Not sure why for your case but the team did confirm this isn't a bug. I think it takes longer to gather those special parts when we progress through the game. I had gotten the parts to repair the Mayor's Mansion within a day but the others took longer gradually. You can however send an email to support@storm8.com if you feel better having an agent check out your game.

stuckel19
09-02-16, 10:49 AM
I expanded to the Light House a couple of levels ago and have still not received any light bulbs. Anybody else have any ideas?

Rynetory2
09-02-16, 07:51 PM
I expanded to the Light House a couple of levels ago and have still not received any light bulbs. Anybody else have any ideas?

I got most of them from mastering businesses, maybe you can try that and see how it goes?

stuckel19
09-03-16, 07:12 AM
That's what I've been doing but I'll just keep going then if that's all it takes.

Rynetory2
09-03-16, 08:49 AM
That's what I've been doing but I'll just keep going then if that's all it takes.

You are definitely on the right track. Hope you'll be able to repair your Lighthouse very soon. :)

magleston
11-02-16, 11:48 AM
After completing the bridges and expanding to Chesterfield Landing and Chesterfield Castle, neither the compass nor the lifeguard donut items are generated. It has been a few days now.

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 03:01 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Could you try to master some more businesses to see if you receive them?

magleston
11-02-16, 04:55 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Could you try to master some more businesses to see if you receive them?

Finally got one!

monstertop
11-02-16, 05:13 PM
So they really do exist... This level of rareness is almost a bug.

magleston
11-02-16, 05:17 PM
So they really do exist... This level of rareness is almost a bug.

Yeah, would have been better to make them more frequent and require more of them to complete the item. But no one asked me :o

jptheripper
11-02-16, 05:29 PM
Yeah, would have been better to make them more frequent and require more of them to complete the item. But no one asked me :o

Same here not getting any after many completed orders/five stars

SparklyOctopus
11-02-16, 05:30 PM
These drops will get harder as you get into further and further expansions. :) I'll pass along your feedback to the team, though!

Rynetory2
11-02-16, 07:18 PM
Since this isn't a bug, I've moved this thread to Suggestions and Feedback forum. Please feel free to post your feedback here. Thanks. :)

judyvines
11-02-16, 07:26 PM
I just completed another business and got one life saver and one compass. They are dropping.

monstertop
11-03-16, 09:23 AM

Totally agree. Would rather collect more and have them drop more often. It's annoying to be completing 30+ businesses, wondering if they were all in vain because of a possibility of a bug.