PDA

View Full Version : An option that lets you view a person's activity

Dylan832
08-16-16, 11:26 AM
I think there should be an option allowing you to view your neighbor's activity. In example, there would be something under their name that shows how many days they have been active. If they were inactive for a week, it would say Last online: 7 days ago

If you were recently just on restaurant story, it would say Last online: A few minutes ago

I hope you can consider this feature to be added to the game, and I feel that this can help other players sort through their inactive neighbors easier.

Scawr
10-09-16, 08:29 AM
A players star rating is usually a huge indicator of whether or not they're playing. Just keep the 3-4 stars. 1-2 stars is very easy to achieve & doesn't indicate much activity at all, so I delete them. 0 stars are not even considered.

deekathleen
10-09-16, 10:13 AM
I wouldnt go by the star rating at all.

If someone has a four star rating and then just stops playing and doesnt log into their game, their rating will stay at four till and if they ever log in again.

I have between a zero and 2 star rating a lot of the time. I play every day and answer and check part requests and gifts several times a day.

So star ratings mean nothing.

kooky panda
10-09-16, 12:36 PM
I believe this suggestion has been posted and sent over before, but I will forward this suggestion over again.
As the game gets older, a lot of players not needing coins do not always go visit so their social rating is down but they play everyday.

Scawr
10-10-16, 08:46 AM
I wouldnt go by the star rating at all.

If someone has a four star rating and then just stops playing and doesnt log into their game, their rating will stay at four till and if they ever log in again.

I have between a zero and 2 star rating a lot of the time. I play every day and answer and check part requests and gifts several times a day.

So star ratings mean nothing.

That's impossible. If you had been tipping neighbors, you wouldn't be a zero star rating.

I don't accept anyone with a star rating of zero-2 for that reason.

deekathleen
10-11-16, 08:56 AM
That's impossible. If you had been tipping neighbors, you wouldn't be a zero star rating.

I don't accept anyone with a star rating of zero-2 for that reason.

What exactly is impossible? I gift and answer parts request several times a day.
Gifting and answering parts requests has nothing to do with the star rating.

Like i said, i could get my star rating up to 4, log off the game for a year and not send out any gifts or answer any parts requests not visit and not tip anyone and still be at 4 stars when i log back into the game a year later.

I can be at zero star and still be sending out gifts and answering parts requests 5 times a day.
Star rating is not a reliable indication of whether someone is actively playing the game or not.

Scawr
10-20-16, 06:55 PM
Oh I see, you're not a tipper. Just a gift giver {&answering to neighbor requests}. I just meant neighbors who actually tip as well as everything else, couldn't possibly be a zero star. The rating is there to show how active someone is in tipping their neighbors or the community... I like my neighbors to tip, so that's how I judge their activity.

kellyleroc111
11-05-16, 09:41 AM
I'm a relatively new player or RS but I use their star ratings and keep a eye on gifting and reply when requesting materials as a indication as to how active the player is plus you can check their wall for recent comments
There's defo a few simply things to check regarding activity
That's just how I check and would recommend checking
:D

kayjco
01-18-17, 11:30 AM
The star rating is not really a good indicator of much. I have a neighbor who tips and gifts but has a 2-star. I have a BUNCH of neighbors who don't tip (or don't tip me) but keep a 3-star rating.

Some people just gift. Some just tip. Others do nothing but accept requests (or do nothing at all.)

It really would be nice to ha e boxes that told you if the person tipped you instead of everyone having to write on everyone's walls. Or even a box that lets you know if you tipped them. Ideally both.

Perhaps players could have the option to turn off tipping. Then they don't get or give tips and everyone knows that.

It is really difficult to find neighbors who tip, gift and accept requests, which is what most players would want. It's frustrating.

Rees630
03-13-17, 09:04 AM
Not true. I quit playing for a year and my rating in both RS and BS went to zero, as it should have.

What exactly is impossible? I gift and answer parts request several times a day.
Gifting and answering parts requests has nothing to do with the star rating.

Like i said, i could get my star rating up to 4, log off the game for a year and not send out any gifts or answer any parts requests not visit and not tip anyone and still be at 4 stars when i log back into the game a year later.

I can be at zero star and still be sending out gifts and answering parts requests 5 times a day.
Star rating is not a reliable indication of whether someone is actively playing the game or not.

sally_brown
03-20-17, 09:55 PM
I think what they meant was that during that year, the star rating would remain at 4. Star ratings don't show as changed until the player logs back in.

deekathleen
03-21-17, 10:25 AM
Not true. I quit playing for a year and my rating in both RS and BS went to zero, as it should have.

Right, cause you logged back in. But the entire time you were gone it showed to your neighbors as beinging whatever it was at when you last logged off.

Rees630
03-22-17, 05:27 AM
I stand corrected, thank you.

Right, cause you logged back in. But the entire time you were gone it showed to your neighbors as beinging whatever it was at when you last logged off.

Shellypyle
08-03-17, 11:34 AM
I think it all depends on if your door is blocked or if the bots can get in and eat all your food.if your BOTS are happy then your ratings stay up. But if the come in and there is No food their face turns red and your ratings go down. Hope this helps.

ddehner0330
08-25-17, 10:30 AM
I think it all depends on if your door is blocked or if the bots can get in and eat all your food.if your BOTS are happy then your ratings stay up. But if the come in and there is No food their face turns red and your ratings go down. Hope this helps.

I think you're thinking of the actual store rating (heart) which goes up to a max of 100. If you block the door, you wouldn't lose that; you only lose hearts if you have your store open and people either have no seats, or no food.

The star rating is basically just when you visit your neighbors or community members and tip them and you receive the pink stars to add to your star rating.

bobbyrae
08-25-17, 11:00 AM
Yeah, star rating isn't the best indicator at all. I'll usually check to see if the person is playing the current goal, if they have new decor items and appliances. That might be a good indicator that they are active.

But "active" will mean different things to different people I suppose. A whole lot of us can't bother to tip but are playing and will gift and answer requests daily.

hyunji1014
10-06-17, 04:43 PM
I loooooooove this suggestion. Really. Of course, the star rating could be a good indicator, but it needs - in my opinion - too much time and effort.
I think the main purpose of the neighboring system is to make it easier to collect the parts of appliances. It means you do not have to keep the star rating high to 'actually' play the game.
Even when my star rating stays 0-1, I log in everyday and enjoy managing my own resto. And of course, i send gifts to my friends and respond their requests - because I can do them in my own restaurant. I just do not have time to visit all friends i have (over 100 neighbors) and give tips.
So, i think another activity indicator, something like the last day the neighbor logged in - which the original post suggest - is essential.

annie9700
09-17-18, 12:44 PM
I LOVE this idea. An easier way to figure out if our neighbors are still playing the game. You can?t always go by their star rating.

Nompombrepe
09-18-18, 09:20 AM
It's a great idea, because that way when asking for parts you actually send it to people who are actively playing or online at that moment, not to someone who hasn't been active in a week.