PDA

View Full Version : End-game goals - upgrading unfinished event buildings

Britilina
08-15-16, 09:39 AM
(Sorry in advance for the long post!)
I have been thinking about gems a lot lately.

I read through the entire "What should I buy with my gems" thread. Other than a Living Wood Tree, and maybe a Magic Fruit Tree, I have most of what is recommended (pending updates, of course). I am an upper-30s level player (37? I think) and I have been taking my time with the story line (just starting to build Sabina's house). I know there is a lot in store for me!

However, I hate unfinished things. So the fact that I have a ton of useless half-finished buildings in my inventory drives me up the wall. I am thinking that maybe finishing some of them using gems could be good, considering drops and prettiness and uniqueness.

Some of the buildings I have are quite old (I think my first event on this account was the Vineyard Estate one). Here is a list:

Vineyard Estate
Horse Track
Orphanage
Thankful Mystery Dinner Table
Ivy's Petting Zoo
Glimmer Fountain
Colosseum
Griffin Roost
Festival Grounds
Cherry Hive

I missed some events, so I don't have the base building to upgrade (although I do wish I had them... The Castle Gardens looks SO pretty!)

My question (to start with) is this: which ones would you say are worth upgrading? And does the upgraded Orphanage really only drop coins hourly?

ladyperidot
08-15-16, 09:47 AM

I read through the entire "What should I buy with my gems" thread. Other than a Living Wood Tree, and maybe a Magic Fruit Tree, I have most of what is recommended (pending updates, of course). I am an upper-30s level player (37? I think) and I have been taking my time with the story line (just starting to build Sabina's house). I know there is a lot in store for me!

However, I hate unfinished things. So the fact that I have a ton of useless half-finished buildings in my inventory drives me up the wall. I am thinking that maybe finishing some of them using gems could be good, considering drops and prettiness and uniqueness.

Some of the buildings I have are quite old (I think my first event on this account was the Vineyard Estate one). Here is a list:

Vineyard Estate
Horse Track
Orphanage
Ivy's Petting Zoo
Glimmer Fountain
Colosseum
Griffin Roost
Festival Grounds
Cherry Hive

I missed some events, so I don't have the base building to upgrade (although I do wish I had them... The Castle Gardens looks SO pretty!)

My question (to start with) is this: which ones would you say are worth upgrading? And does the upgraded Orphanage really only drop coins hourly?

The mystery table drops on of the feasts every two days.

stargaze91
08-15-16, 11:32 AM

Vineyard Estate
Horse Track
Orphanage
Ivy's Petting Zoo
Glimmer Fountain
Colosseum
Griffin Roost
Festival Grounds
Cherry Hive

The most useful one is definitely the mystery dinner table..it drops a feast every other day..in terms of drops the horse track and colosseum would be my second choice.horse track drops sugar,fertilizer,ropes occasionally apart from horse hair, colosseum drops bones, troll hammer occasionally. I have an incomplete vineyard so I have no clue about that..but if I were you I would never use a single gem on the orphanage, I have a completed one which I never take out of storage

PrincessCupOButter
08-15-16, 12:01 PM
I agree with stargaze91. The mystery table would be my first priority. Then the horse track (rope, horse hair, carrots, and I think, sugar). The colosseum (fur, bones, troll clubs).
Vineyard estate is attractive and drops useful items, but I can't think of them all at the moment. Sugar & water among other things.

I regret completing the orphanage....it was so cute with just the playground. It's been in storage since the end of the event, and will stay there.
Ivy's petting zoo is also in storage, and the festival grounds too, (no useful drops means they take up valuable space).

The cherry hive is attractive IMO, and I keep it in the faerie corner, but I wouldn't pay to upgrade it....wood is too common a drop to make it worthwhile.
I also keep the glimmer fountain out, but rarely collect from it.

Britilina
08-15-16, 01:21 PM
I definitely want the Colosseum, and wish I hadn't gotten frustrated and stopped so soon. Mine is only level 4, I think. The Mystery Dinner Table is on my list too.

I want to upgrade the Glimmer Fountain as well. I like the way it looks and the drops are kind of useful for the future.

As for the horse track, I do love anything that gives carrots at a quicker rate than every 22 hours. The only things I was interested in from the Vineyard Estate were the possibility of coal and strawberries. At this point, I am trying to expand and so I need trade tickets.

The Festival Grounds I was surprised to find I was interested in. It supposedly drops Living Wood, Petals and Magic Fruit. I am trying to stock up on sources of LW and I don't know if I am ever fully maxed on petals. Magic Fruit, of course, can be used in trades.

Is there a great need for Golden Eggs in future? That is interesting for the Griffin Roost, but I have 15 and get them fairly regularly from the hatcheries.

Of course, even one of these is long-term since I don't generally buy gems... But I am in the long-term planning mood today!

Britilina
08-15-16, 01:39 PM
I stuck my Dinner Table out and am starting to save gems for it! Yay!