PDA

View Full Version : Wax Parchment - Why?

pinklemonlatte
08-13-16, 10:54 AM
Hello! I just reached Level 40 and I have yet to figure out the answer to this, so I thought I would ask. I receive the gift of Wax Parchment from several of my neighbors everyday, and I haven't seen any use for it yet. I've been mostly declining them, but I'm wondering if it's something I will need when I get further in the game? Should I be stock piling them?

Thanks for your help!

meggymoo141
08-14-16, 02:58 AM
Wax parchment has only been used to build the dim sum cart so far, no need to stock pile, I decline them as well. I think when neighbours click the "gift back" button it is automatically selected, not the gift which has been sent, I think it's just a glitch in the game. Hope this helps ��

pinklemonlatte
08-14-16, 10:10 AM
Wax parchment has only been used to build the dim sum cart so far, no need to stock pile, I decline them as well. I think when neighbours click the "gift back" button it is automatically selected, not the gift which has been sent, I think it's just a glitch in the game. Hope this helps 😊

Yesssss!! That helps a lot, thank you!!

Limequat
08-14-16, 11:49 AM
If you're getting wax parchment from some of your neighbors everyday, you should let them know that there is a glitch with the gift back button on their copy of the game. Most likely, they just wanted to gift back the same item that you sent them and don't know that they're actually sending you wax parchment.

Same goes for the drip bowl. I think it also happens with logs, oven lights, brass latches, freezer shelves, glowing lanterns, and golden knobs - I don't know of any non-expired ovens that use these parts, yet I have quite a few of these in storage (I accepted everything back when I didn't know what's useful and what isn't) and still occasionally get them. But wax parchment and drip bowl are the most common items associated with this glitch.

pinklemonlatte
08-14-16, 01:23 PM
Oh, that's a good idea! I never want to appear ungrateful for any gifts that I receive, but if it's unintentional, maybe it would be helpful to let them know. :)

Thank you!

08-15-16, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't mind the gift back glitch constantly sending oven elements!

whatfireball
08-24-16, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't mind the gift back glitch constantly sending oven elements!

I know right, I wish that too!

daisybeach
09-04-16, 02:46 PM
I wish they would fix that. I would prefer to gift back the same gift I received.

kat8rose
09-06-16, 11:27 PM
"Gift back glitch"? I am on Android so maybe that's why I don't understand the term. Do you mean when I send them a gift, they accept and then choose a fuse to send me, their game sends wax parchment, etc.? I get wax parchment & drip bowls before I gift, so they technically are not gifting back.

Appreciate understanding this, because I was going to start sending wax parchment to those who send drip bowls and vice versa, cause it happens every day.

Thanks

pinklemonlatte
09-06-16, 11:36 PM
"Gift back glitch"? I am on Android so maybe that's why I don't understand the term. Do you mean when I send them a gift, they accept and then choose a fuse to send me, their game sends wax parchment, etc.? I get wax parchment & drip bowls before I gift, so they technically are not gifting back.

Appreciate understanding this, because I was going to start sending wax parchment to those who send drip bowls and vice versa, cause it happens every day.

Thanks

Hmm. I'm on iOS, so I'm not sure if maybe it works differently, but here's what happens to us.

Let's say, someone sends me an Oven Element, which is awesome because I can always use that! If I tap Gift Back on that item, instead of selecting the Oven Element that I received, the game automatically selects Wax Parchment (and I guess sometimes drop bowls). I don't have an option to change it or select something else.

In order to send my neighbor an Oven Element - or whatever gift I want to send - I have to visit them and use the gift button from their bakery.

So, what happens is, people most likely hit the Gift Back button, thinking that they are sending back whatever you sent them, not realizing that they're actually sending Wax Parchment or Drip Bowls.

Hope that helps!

Halilady
09-07-16, 04:10 AM
When I use the gift back button, I select the gift then hit the send button, don't think I have ever just hit the gift back button and just sent without choosing a gift first, didn't know I could even do that!!

geordieprogman
09-07-16, 05:04 AM
When I use the gift back button, I select the gift then hit the send button, don't think I have ever just hit the gift back button and just sent without choosing a gift first, didn't know I could even do that!!

You can do that on android. We used to be able to do it on iOS as well but storm8 did an "upgrade" well over a year ago and broke it. We have lots of other issues since then as well and none of them are being fixed.

kat8rose
09-07-16, 12:02 PM
Been playing for a long time, 2 hospital breakstay for few months though. On Android and never seen a gift back option without my choosing a gift to send back first. Must be a version I never used.

Ridiculous situation to try and explain to neighbors, not seeing it or quite getting it myself. ...weird!

Thanks guys

23andyou
09-09-16, 07:47 PM
I told my neighbors that there is a glitch problem after constantly receiving wax parchment. And you know what, my neighbor said I was sending them wax parchment, so they gifted me wax parchment thinking I needed it. I actually have been mass giving cappuccinos. Am I being fooled or is my neighbor telling me the truth?

Limequat
09-10-16, 06:43 AM
I told my neighbors that there is a glitch problem after constantly receiving wax parchment. And you know what, my neighbor said I was sending them wax parchment, so they gifted me wax parchment thinking I needed it. I actually have been mass giving cappuccinos. Am I being fooled or is my neighbor telling me the truth?

Where are you gifting them from? Do you press gift back on a cappuccino in your newsfeed and then select all your neighbors from there? Or do you gift from your neighbor list? If you're doing the former, then you're gifting everyone wax parchment. But if you're doing the latter, everyone should be getting cappuccino. In that case, maybe your neighbor is too stubborn to admit they've made a mistake so they're trying to make it look like your fault. :confused:

23andyou
09-11-16, 04:14 AM
Where are you gifting them from? Do you press gift back on a cappuccino in your newsfeed and then select all your neighbors from there? Or do you gift from your neighbor list? If you're doing the former, then you're gifting everyone wax parchment. But if you're doing the latter, everyone should be getting cappuccino. In that case, maybe your neighbor is too stubborn to admit they've made a mistake so they're trying to make it look like your fault. :confused:

The latter. I have been going on their home page to mass gift. Yes, you are right about my neighbor. I had gotten cryptic messages in response to me directly asking why they would not change the way to gift temporarily. I felt it was not worth pursuing the topic any longer, so I deleted the neighbor.

Anyways, it is an annoying glitch. Storm 8, please fix this soon.

lambysheep
09-13-16, 11:51 AM
I don't understand why people don't notice the glitch. I noticed it instantly and always send gifts by clicking on "neighbors" then "gift" and so on. It irritates me that people either don't pay attention or don't care, and constantly send those parts each day. I end up deleting them.

It's been a couple of years now Storm 8....can you take the time and fix it please?

sgoetzinger99
09-13-16, 05:48 PM
I wish they would fix that. I would prefer to gift back the same gift I received.

Why do people automatically gift back the same thing they received? I try to send my neighbours what THEY want, not what I want. If I see someone is building an older oven, I'll send a part for that oven. It doesn't mean I want that part...I may have mastered that oven long ago. And what on earth is the point of staying awake (in some time zones) so you can gift at reset?? Isn't it best to wait and see what your neighbours might need??