PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Acquire Nether Dust?

WhisperingFeathers
08-08-16, 08:59 PM
What's the best, easiest, fastest way? According to the Spell Shop, the dust requires:

- 1 small sapphire
- 1 small amethyst

Water Dragons take 12 hours to breed + 12 hours to hatch + 6 hours to trade = 30 hours
Magic Dragons take 20 hours to breed + 20 hours to hatch + 6 hours to trade = 46 hours

That's a LOT of hours to get ONE tiny clump of dust which takes an additional 8 hours to craft... Is there a simpler and faster way?

meoconlunar
08-08-16, 11:44 PM
Water and Magic dragons can not be traded :)
The fastest way to have Neither dust is trading Diamond dragon (2 neither dust + 1 mystic box)

Every rare purple/blue dragons (like Penumbra, Seafarer,Wizard, Iridescent ) will give us 1 small sapphire + 1 small amethyst + 1 mystic box when trading.

WhisperingFeathers
08-09-16, 04:57 AM
Why can't they be traded? I am not high levelled enough to have any chance at Diamond type just yet

Clark_Wayne
08-09-16, 06:18 AM
the best way imo is to trade rare dragons with blue and/or purple because you get 1 small blue and/or purple gem and 1 mystery box (sometimes the mystery box gives nether dust if you are lucky) ;)

lenasdinner
08-09-16, 06:50 AM
Water and Magic dragons can not be traded :)
The fastest way to have Neither dust is trading Diamond dragon (2 neither dust + 1 mystic box)

Every rare purple/blue dragons (like Penumbra, Seafarer,Wizard, Iridescent ) will give us 1 small sapphire + 1 small amethyst + 1 mystic box when trading.

actually Magic dragon can be traded for one small purplle gem,but Water, like you said can not be traded.

WhisperingFeathers
08-09-16, 08:07 AM
the best way imo is to trade rare dragons with blue and/or purple because you get 1 small blue and/or purple gem and 1 mystery box (sometimes the mystery box gives nether dust if you are lucky) ;)

Which requires breeding them in the first place, which I almost never get the rare dragons from breeding... And they also take time to breed and hatch. Is there particular breeds that are below 5 hours?

actually Magic dragon can be traded for one small purplle gem,but Water, like you said can not be traded.

But why not? Is it because they can be bought in the store? I thought you can trade those you bred?

Ilsadrago
08-09-16, 10:00 AM
You can't trade any of the 4 basic elements: Fire, Air, Water, or Forest. You can't trade Gemstone dragons either. The only way to do anything quickly in this game is to spend gold to speed things up. This is a game that requires either patience or money. You'll either spend a lot of time waiting or a lot of money buying gold. If you had a Diamond, you wouldn't want to trade it unless you had at least 3. I have 2, one for battles and one for breeding.

meoconlunar
08-09-16, 10:08 AM
:D

WhisperingFeathers
08-09-16, 10:42 AM
You can't trade any of the 4 basic elements: Fire, Air, Water, or Forest. You can't trade Gemstone dragons either. The only way to do anything quickly in this game is to spend gold to speed things up. This is a game that requires either patience or money. You'll either spend a lot of time waiting or a lot of money buying gold. If you had a Diamond, you wouldn't want to trade it unless you had at least 3. I have 2, one for battles and one for breeding.

Then one of those new player guides I read is completely wrong? Because it says to breed Fire and Forest dragons respectively to trade and get easy rubies and emeralds that way.

Well, I suppose it's not too bad. Just found out that there isn't all that many hybrids from Water/Magic pairing. Guess it's time to spam breed those two...

jagarjag
08-09-16, 04:05 PM
Then one of those new player guides I read is completely wrong? Because it says to breed Fire and Forest dragons respectively to trade and get easy rubies and emeralds that way.

Well, I suppose it's not too bad. Just found out that there isn't all that many hybrids from Water/Magic pairing. Guess it's time to spam breed those two...

The guide is right. When u breed Fire and Forest together you won't be getting a single element, you will get red AND green hybrid dragons which are definitely tradeable. Just so you know, Fire/Forest combo can result in only 6 outcomes with only 1 common fail which is 3 hours. Magic/water can result in 10 outcomes but the breeding times are mostly higher, as high as 25 hours.

WhisperingFeathers
08-09-16, 10:09 PM
The guide is right. When u breed Fire and Forest together you won't be getting a single element, you will get red AND green hybrid dragons which are definitely tradeable. Just so you know, Fire/Forest combo can result in only 6 outcomes with only 1 common fail which is 3 hours. Magic/water can result in 10 outcomes but the breeding times are mostly higher, as high as 25 hours.

Dragon Trading Farming
Now because you can get the random box, it may be helpful to farm the basic beginner dragons that have fast hatching time. This include the Fire and Forest dragons. Other than trading away your unwanted breed, you can hatch these beginner dragons to quickly stack up on your gemstones and other crafting materials.

My interpretation of that is by breeding Fire with Fire and getting Fire dragons or Forest with Forest and getting Forest dragons to trade the pure Fire babies for rubies and pure Forest babies for Emeralds. I suppose this guide is not trustworthy?

kooky panda
08-10-16, 09:55 AM
Closing thread because discussing and posting third party tools and sites is against the forum rules
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links

Original question has been answered.

Thanks