PDA

View Full Version : Question PrizeFighter

FieldsLikeB
08-06-16, 08:04 PM
How does this Champion do in the ring? I volunteer at a Senior Center where they love tournaments, especially the men, they would like to know if they should go into together on him.

FireballFarm
08-06-16, 09:55 PM
I bought the Shaman, my first Champion, a few weeks ago in a similar offer ($15! Aaaa! It was for my birthday:)) and have been very pleased and totally satisfied with both my purchase and his performance in the Tournaments. He and Prizefighter have the exact same qualities and strengths in battle- super rare, pure Champion type, uses black magic- so they have the exact same odds of winning against various opponents. The only Champs that are a hair stronger than Prizefighter (and Shaman) are the hybrids- Valiant and Rainbow Sentinel (which is kinda odd, since usually pure dragons tend to be better in battle... but that's DS battling for ya!:D)

I'd say if they don't have any other Champions, definitely go for it! Especially since they love the tournaments. But, if they already have other Champions, the Prizefighter wouldn't add much to their arsenal. He won't win more often than any of the other Champions, or beat any opponents more effectively than the other Champions. However, it is super useful to have a few Champs, that way one is available if the others are exhausted. That's a huge plus. Prizefighter is super cool and tough looking, and that's another plus in my book!

Champions don't do much against other Champion dragons level 15 and above. All Champion types have the same 10% chance against high level Champion opponents as every other dragon in the game (except the DIPPS- Diamond, Infinity, Passion, Pyramid, and Soccer- who all have a slightly higher chance of winning). Your fighter's level makes no difference, either- it's always a 10% chance of winning, whether your dragon is a level 1 or a level 15, no matter the type. Winning those battles is all about luck, persistence, and time management (aka setting alarms every hour to maximize the number of chances). So, having a Prizefighter (or any other Champ) won't help with those.
But, the positives of having a Champ far outweigh this one negative, imho.

Since Prizefighter and Shaman are exactly the same in battle and get the same results, here's how my Shaman has been doing since I bought him:
I've been using him (level 10) against every low level opponent in the first half of tournaments and he smacks them down, one after the other. It's pretty awesome. :) Sometimes he loses, but there is always a small % chance that he will, so it's okay. He just defeats them the next time around.
When the opponents start getting up to level 12+, then I start checking the battle calculator for recommendations. Many times the pure Champs have the highest odds of winning, so my Shaman usually gets a work out in the second half of tournaments, too (honestly, he could probably use a nice vacation, I may be overworking the poor guy). Sometimes, there is a random dragon or two that will have a better chance of winning against an opponent than the pure Champs, but that advantage is usually only a small % more and doesn't make much difference.

monbohn
08-07-16, 10:43 AM
I have Prize Fighter, level 11, and I use him more than any other dragon in battle. I do pretty much the same thing FireballFarm does in tournaments with him. My Diamond doesn't do as well as he does. If it was me, I'd buy him....I think he's a great asset! :D