PDA

View Full Version : Travel the World Community Event! August 9 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

gracelinda
08-18-16, 11:40 AM
This will be the first time that I will not get all 3 dragons from the community event. Storm 8 sadly has made the goals so hard that it's impossible to get all 3 without spending gold....

AwesomeChefDad
08-18-16, 12:33 PM
Same here..

Even with the double points and me trying to breed/plant etc I wont make it by over 500 pts, its not even close.

The last prize does not seem like some super awesome dragon anyway, I am for sure not spending gold on it.

random59
08-18-16, 01:05 PM
Northwest is on the nest, wow what an event! Without the double points and having 3 nests I would not have made it, this was undoubtedly the toughest event I have done, it seems as though I have just gone 20 rounds with a prize fighter! Whew, hope we don't go straight into a Tales tomorrow!

starship412
08-18-16, 01:25 PM
3249, I'm cutting it close on Northwest. I hope to get that one because the only way I can get a black hybrid now is through tournaments, leaderboards, tales and world events. Breeding always result in blue dragons even when I breed two night dragons but that's another thread. Congrats to all who got Northwest - it's another stunning dragon by Flatfoot. It looks like we'll all get Aboriginal by the end of today - not a bad looking dragon either.

Clark_Wayne
08-18-16, 01:40 PM
Northwest is on the nest, wow what an event! Without the double points and having 3 nests I would not have made it, this was undoubtedly the toughest event I have done, it seems as though I have just gone 20 rounds with a prize fighter! Whew, hope we don't go straight into a Tales tomorrow!

:eek: no tales, no event, no leaderboard, no tourney please ! i want some rest :D

random59
08-18-16, 01:44 PM
:eek: no tales, no event, no leaderboard, no tourney please ! i want some rest :D

Wouldn't this just be the best a free weekend with nothing but relaxing!:o

Clark_Wayne
08-18-16, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't this just be the best a free weekend with nothing but relaxing!:o

yes a good relaxing free week end ! :)

lenasdinner
08-18-16, 02:06 PM
yes a good relaxing free week end ! :)
This free weekend would be really great.....but I doubt it will happen.
Anyway about this event...if I dont sleep tonight at all,so I can battle in the arena every houer and stend buy my nests and quest and map I will still be short for last individual prize buy 10 points.I just could push it with fue golds,but since Im going to sleep I will need more than fue.still can't decide is it worth the dragon.he looks great but still....

kooky panda
08-18-16, 02:09 PM
Hey guys, lets Keep the posts on the Event!

Thanks

amalsaba
08-18-16, 02:43 PM
I'm on 3110 points at the moment. I don't see how I can get the last milestone. I really think that a third nest would've made a difference. It's a shame that my gold storage is still shockingly depleted after the leaderboard event

DeeDe99
08-18-16, 03:05 PM
I'm stting on 2,957 but this is awake time and a day off for me, so I might just make it. Only reason I am short is because of work and school, virtually no time to play during the event at all.

MarijeMig
08-18-16, 05:34 PM
I didn't calculate fighting achilles in the arena. This might just take all time left to get through this round for me, so I'll probably won't make it after all. I'm not giving up, but my hope on winning nw is getting less by the hour...

Clark_Wayne
08-18-16, 06:44 PM
3375 passports for my baby accounts. finally it will make it :)
didn't expect it since it has only 2 nests !

(3889 for my main account )

Simdiva
08-18-16, 06:59 PM
I did one of my famous six hour pass outs with rush rooms on the nest but thankfully I am close to finishing. Only need forty more but should gave been done hours ago sheesh.

Finally done had to zoom thru that last forty so I could sleep now lol but northwest is safely in storage thankfully since that is where I hail from.

busybee222
08-18-16, 07:50 PM
Northwest on the nest... phew... another 15 hrs to go.... good luck to everyone that are still trying and congrat to all that got the last prize.

starship412
08-18-16, 08:28 PM
3318, 82 left. Thank you for the bonus weekend Storm8.

Burrymillz
08-18-16, 08:32 PM
I would give my eggs off all of my nest for this event but when the game freezes and I double click anywhere on the screen I'll end up buying a dragon in the market....

hungryres
08-18-16, 11:13 PM
i made it! can't believe i am able to get northwest. (did not spend gold. only have one evo temple, but got two nests, have to buy egg to try to keep my nests as busy as possible, to make up for the dozed off section which i left my farm uncollect / planting rushroom during the night )

i was lucky enough to have last tournament finished , so i can battle like crazy during the weekend as well that gave double passport.

DeeDe99
08-18-16, 11:25 PM
I'm stting on 2,957 but this is awake time and a day off for me, so I might just make it. Only reason I am short is because of work and school, virtually no time to play during the event at all.

Now 11 hours to go and need 300.

rado_nik
08-18-16, 11:29 PM

For me 320 to go
A little gold will be spend

DeeDe99
08-19-16, 12:46 AM
For me 320 to go
A little gold will be spend

Yes, I think I may need to as well. But I'm not complaining, I just haven't had the time like I used to. That is not S8's fault! Actually to get as close as I have given the minimal playing time I've had available indicates it wasn't too tough. Mind you, I do have three nests.

MarijeMig
08-19-16, 01:12 AM
I am getting close, but I'm going to spend a little gold aswell probably. It'll be close call so I'll be sitting on my phone today :-D

Simdiva
08-19-16, 01:32 AM

Dee if you run into trouble your most economical speeding is the quest if you really want northwest. Cheaper than buying it. It's also cheaper than speed breeding probably. I sped the final quest, cost me ine gold lol because I was falling asleep and wanted in storage before I did. Go figure I'm awake again but oh well.

Sandybellee
08-19-16, 03:27 AM
Got Northwest last night. Good luck to everyone on their way!

DeeDe99
08-19-16, 03:48 AM
Thanks Sim! I'll see how much I need before bedtime and decide on the best avenue. Glad you got him! With gold producing dragons, a little gold here and there isn't a major problem. Plus this is all due to my own heavy schedule, so I'm good with spending a few bars under the circumstances.

Blanche_Lady
08-19-16, 05:06 AM
This will actually be the first event for me that I wouldn't get the last individual dragon without spending gold. Less than 24 hours to go and I'm still a bit more than 700 passports shy of the NW dragon. And the only reason I'm even that close is because I got an early jump on the double passport thing last weekend with my farms. This is ridiculous. If they're always going to make the goals out of reach without spending gold, then just put the dragons up for sale because that's essentially what you're making everyone do - buy these limited dragons.

Mine too!!!

Nikkook
08-19-16, 05:15 AM
Forty to go. Looks like we're on track for Aboriginal too! Well done community!

Simdiva
08-19-16, 05:45 AM
to those of you that are upset with the high goal; you really shouldn't be as they did have the double passports and many of us were able to achieve this. It did take a lot of work but that's what this game is about. It's not about achieving something for nothing or with minimal time. If you still need over 800 and are complaining about it I have very little sympathy for you as you do have options. If you need to spend some gold then so be it if you really want these dragons but it really gets tiresome seeing all the whining and moaning. Do you think Storm 8 really cares and will change things because of that? Try having a more positive attitude. I stopped even coming to the forums because I was so tired of seeing all the poor me posts and I guess it's time to leave again. Too bad because there is a lot of good information here when you sift thru the junk.

Kennedward
08-19-16, 06:07 AM
They are getting really greedy. 3400 is impossible without spending a bunch of gold which I refuse to do for a single dragon. If they made it a tiny bit out of reach some people might spend a bit to try to reach the finish line. Personally when I see this kind of tactic I just shut it down, I'll just take what I get going about my normal course of play. I'll make sure I don't spend a single bar of gold until this event is over.

Agreed, same here, I'm sitting at 2006 right now, won't bother playing and will only focus on my own real life events

Kennedward
08-19-16, 06:08 AM
This will be the first time that I will not get all 3 dragons from the community event. Storm 8 sadly has made the goals so hard that it's impossible to get all 3 without spending gold....

Same here, but I actually didn't get all 3 in a previous world event either, since the points for the final prize was high as well, but this time it's even higher

Kennedward
08-19-16, 06:09 AM
Same here..

Even with the double points and me trying to breed/plant etc I wont make it by over 500 pts, its not even close.

The last prize does not seem like some super awesome dragon anyway, I am for sure not spending gold on it.

My thoughts exactly, I never spend gold on dragons that produces coins only, I'll only spend gold if it produces gold

Natasha_07
08-19-16, 06:37 AM
Currently at 2,968 & I don't think I'm using gold either to get the final prize.

Xyn25
08-19-16, 08:06 AM
Done! 3420 passports and Northwest is now in storage. Good luck everyone!

FieldsLikeB
08-19-16, 08:09 AM
I really tried here. So did the other seniors volunteer with we are both a bit less than 200 points off. VERY sad.

byteme77
08-19-16, 08:20 AM
A double all weekend and extended event for a fun weekend

saghaven
08-19-16, 08:26 AM
Currently at 3023 but I've already harvested my scaleypears. I've got diamond dates planted that'll finish just before these are done but none of it'll make a difference as I'll still be more than 300 short by the end. This was just an insane amount to get for the last prize. SMH.

Nikkook
08-19-16, 08:34 AM
Northwest on the nest. Good luck everyone and let's see if we can get Aboriginal in the next 2 hours!

athenageez
08-19-16, 09:16 AM
3228 after harvesting my Scalypears. Doesn't look like I'll be making it. I liked the Northwest more than the Aboriginal too so this is a bummer. I suppose I could have gotten it if I didn't sleep for the past week or so. But you know, I kind of need to sleep.

9krm
08-19-16, 09:37 AM
3200 now and nothing left to harvest. i won't use any gold to get the final dragon. Oh well.

Burrymillz
08-19-16, 09:47 AM
3228 after harvesting my Scalypears. Doesn't look like I'll be making it. I liked the Northwest more than the Aboriginal too so this is a bummer. I suppose I could have gotten it if I didn't sleep for the past week or so. But you know, I kind of need to sleep.

I agree I wasn't going to lose sleep or food production (maybe 450,000 apples)over this final dragon it looks like all the other dragons released lately anyways good job to the ones who got it tho

freshfunin2008
08-19-16, 10:19 AM
Down to the wire. So many did not get the last individual prize. TL is going to have to boost the points at the end here to carry us over for the final prize or this event will be the last one of its kind.

Nikkook
08-19-16, 10:22 AM
Well done everyone! Aboriginal achieved by community spirit!

Denfarm9
08-19-16, 10:23 AM
Less than 30 minutes left and I won't be getting mine. So far it's not looking like the community will be either? Wow this one was a real disappointment, only received one dragon from the wheel too. Oh well. Better luck next time. I hope!

freshfunin2008
08-19-16, 10:27 AM
TL puts us over the top again.............

lenasdinner
08-19-16, 10:28 AM
Uhhhhh I made it.Northwest is mine,15 min before event ends.I speed up fue things any way spent only 8 golds....thats pretty good.

Denfarm9
08-19-16, 10:28 AM
Okay cool. Hahaha it happened while I typed. YAY Thank goodness. The day is not shot. Thank you everyone who worked to make it happen.

HarleyQuinn28
08-19-16, 10:29 AM
It's so irritating when the icon disappears early. 5 min left and it was gone. I was checking on the last prize to possibly buy and when I got back in the game to event was over. I was short by 300 pieces. Need to lower to amount.

dnddragons
08-19-16, 10:32 AM
What time PST did event end. I set alarm to come back to buy the rest needed and game was done. I shouldn't had an extra 10 mins. Does the game end when the last community event is earned? I'm really bummed.

utili68
08-19-16, 10:34 AM
It's so irritating when the icon disappears early. 5 min left and it was gone. I was checking on the last prize to possibly buy and when I got back in the game to event was over. I was short by 300 pieces. Need to lower to amount.

The same here.... It's really annoying...! Everytime I'm so close to finish my 20 hours planted farms... but the icon disappears before the countdown ends... WHY????

azorisland
08-19-16, 10:34 AM
U not alone on that I'm not sure what's happening been 4 years that I play but getting worse for the players I'm tired going to have some time for me and stop playing !!!!!!!!!!

freshfunin2008
08-19-16, 10:45 AM
The event ends at 10:30am but the icon leaves 5 minutes early. I have reported this before.

divanightclub
08-19-16, 10:45 AM
Even though I barely manage to get the northwest dragon with exactly 3400 points, its sad to see that the amount has increased tremendously for the final individual prize when we were all able to reach it before now.

Knowing that we've been waiting for a world event for so long, this one was not "fun" at all, and this WAS the most enjoyable event for me. If this continues like this, I can't see much players participating, or even playing the game at all...(SMH)

dnddragons
08-19-16, 10:51 AM
I want the option to buy the last dragon. I feel I was *****ed. The time told how much time was still available n I set timer. I played by the rules so should the developers.

D_Raho
08-19-16, 11:00 AM
Flah Tournament and a Tales Event. No rest for the weary. lol

Congrats to all that earned the final individual prize. They don't make World Events like hey used to!

TwinkleTwiny
08-19-16, 11:15 AM
Did not get the last individual prize unfortunately :( this is the first time that it happens, I am disappointed :'(

sipland
08-19-16, 11:16 AM
I was close enough that for me it was worth spending 25 gold to finish. This issue with the icon disappearing has happenened before, I'm sorry for those affected!

clk48706
08-19-16, 11:36 AM
Ok S8, you really need to pay attention to the requirements of the games when programming the events! This is the 3rd time I could not finish the event in time even with regular play!
This includes Castle Story and Fantasy Forest. You can't expect us to pay money for gems to speed up when there are long standing players like me that play 5 games on 2 accounts!
If this continues, I am going to stop playing all together!

Hawk1
08-19-16, 11:40 AM
If we hadn't had double points over the weekend I wouldn't have reached 3400 points, thx S8 for at least giving people a chance of getting Northwest.

MarijeMig
08-19-16, 01:01 PM
I got nw with 15 gold spent a little more then an hour before finishingtime. I wasn't sure I had the time for harvesting and so I paid. Happy with this ending. Congrats to all who made it and sorry for those who didn't.
Now another tales and flash tournement. I think II'll wait a bit before starting my tales :-)

freshfunin2008
08-19-16, 01:16 PM
I want the option to buy the last dragon. I feel I was *****ed. The time told how much time was still available n I set timer. I played by the rules so should the developers.

Email support and see what they say. Good luck!

nvangel
08-19-16, 02:34 PM
I didnt get the final prize for community on this quest..ive looked all over storage...

nvangel
08-19-16, 02:36 PM
Plus im a high level player been playing since beginning and first time i wasnt able to complete an event..even though i stayed on top of it all..disgusted

Nikkook
08-20-16, 12:29 AM
I didnt get the final prize for community on this quest..ive looked all over storage...
Have you reported it? Community definitely achieved it!

groovyedwin
08-20-16, 01:06 AM
Hit 3400 but no Northwest Dragon in storage. Is this intentional or a bug?

temecee
08-20-16, 02:29 AM
Since this was my first community event I'm pretty happy with the result. I got the second to last prize and only paid like 5 gold for a speed breeding or something like that so I'm considering myself lucky.

Kennedward
08-20-16, 06:41 PM
So surprised so many people made it to the final prize, I don't even have half the points they do at the end

delimiah
08-21-16, 02:39 AM
So surprised so many people made it to the final prize, I don't even have half the points they do at the end

I didn't get the final dragon too. Just not worth it to spend the gold on it as the difference was too great. Anyway TL is just throwing dragons at us with back to back events, tournaments, tales etc. So missing one is not making much of a difference.

Kennedward
08-21-16, 05:59 AM
I didn't get the final dragon too. Just not worth it to spend the gold on it as the difference was too great. Anyway TL is just throwing dragons at us with back to back events, tournaments, tales etc. So missing one is not making much of a difference.

Agreed!

That's what I tell newer players all the time, despite not everyone will listen

Hepatu
08-21-16, 11:19 AM

I only got the final dragon bc I reactivated the diamond temple again before the sale ran out and did some speed breeding to get diamond hybrids. Got 7, only 2 new tho ☺

D_Raho
08-21-16, 11:34 AM
The double points weekend helped me quite a bit. I ended up with around 3700 points at the closing of the Event. I could not have finished without that help. No Gold was spent. But despite finishing early, I still dislike what became of my(erstwhile) favorite event. I would have preferred more days to complete the event and possibly fewer required points. The event was far more enjoyable when it was relaxing a fun.

Kennedward
08-22-16, 06:54 AM
I only got the final dragon bc I reactivated the diamond temple again before the sale ran out and did some speed breeding to get diamond hybrids. Got 7, only 2 new tho ☺

That's still pretty good, I couldn't finish it at all, not even close