PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Desert Night World Event | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

ashley224
08-07-16, 05:44 AM
the trick is to uplevel ur Palace as soon as possible. with every level it gains it gives more CommunityJewels at each collection. then.. collecting from the Palace as often as u can.. u gain without noticing.

at level7 the Palace gives 44Jewels if I remember. I haven't been making any Jewels in the Forge. I'll make them later if nesessary, when the Palace is upleveled to max. In the meantime.. to be cautious.. I'll keep the material handy and concentrate on upleveling.

build as many Taverns, Conservatories and MarketPlaces as u can for the other materials u need to uplevel the Palace. the choice of the buildings depends on the collection time u are able to maintain. Conservatories if u can collect often (4hrs), Taverns, MarketPlaces if u can check ur game once or twice a day.

u do trigger Naga when collecting from the buildings, but some Ponds would be handy for Sand and to trigger Naga when u need materials he gives. it all depends what u need in order to update the Palace... keep upleveling!

Moon darling, love the post. You made a tiny but critical typo. Conservatories collect every 2 hours not 4 hours.

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 06:05 AM
Moon darling, love the post. You made a tiny but critical typo. Conservatories collect every 2 hours not 4 hours.

oooppps! edited and corrected.. lol! thank u ;)
have been collecting so much don't even realize time lapses anymore :confused:

robotparade
08-07-16, 08:05 AM
I kind of feel they cheaped out on Zabrina... She's talking about being scared of the Nagas but still has a massive grin on her face. She was kidnapped and held prisoner, and tells you the tell while smiling ear to ear.

Maybe she has Post Traumatic Stress.

coolssp
08-07-16, 08:36 AM
Hey just curious, has anyone done the maths to see how much total material is required for the building to be totally upgraded? I started and had palpitations ;)

88silver
08-07-16, 08:55 AM
Hey just curious, has anyone done the maths to see how much total material is required for the building to be totally upgraded? I started and had palpitations ;)

We don't know level 10 requirements yet, but for levels 2-9:
349 Desert Silk
1,140 Desert Sand
2,860 Desert Glass

Solientus
08-07-16, 09:00 AM
After side goals goodie boxes, this is what's required from us incase you're interested (upto 9):
(Pt.1 & pt.2...don't know amounts for 3)
1,140 Desert Sand - 12 =1,128
2,860 Desert Glass - 50 = 2,810
349 Desert Silk - 6 = 343

...not that it's a huge difference :P

@88silver - My bad, grabbed the wrong quote for my post :)

88silver
08-07-16, 09:11 AM
After side goals goodie boxes, this is what's required from us (upto 9):
(Pt.1 & pt.2...don't know amounts for 3)
1,140 Desert Sand - 12 =1,128
2,860 Desert Glass - 50 = 2,810
349 Desert Silk - 6 = 343

...not that it's a huge difference :P

Yes, that is the amount we need to collect after reward items. But the poster asked for the amount required, not the collection amount.

storiadelcastello
08-07-16, 09:21 AM
If I complete side goal 2, does 3 start immediately? Debating if I want to trigger it yet or if I should craft jewels to put it off a day when my keep will be free.

Yes it triggered automatically for me

peachtreeshoppe
08-07-16, 09:27 AM
How many silks drop from the adventure? I don't see it on p1 and I have a vague recollection of possibly 2...

The thing is, everyone is saying "hold off upgrading until you get 90 silk for side goal 3." But leveling up quicker is how we have the chance to win all the prizes, by getting a ton more of the event item (desert jewels) from drops of higher palaces. Staying at L5 for 3 extra days seems silly. If the side goal requires having 90 silk, and the 25 adventures will drop 50 (or 75? 100?) and nagas ****ed during the 4-6 days of adventuring will add even more, why bother waiting to upgrade to get something checked off that will happen naturally unless you are nearing the end of side goal 3s timer?

CocoMom101
08-07-16, 09:31 AM
So I'm done with Beating the Sands of Time Part II, is it safe to craft jewels now with the Jewel fragments or are we going to need to "have" more for future side quests?

storiadelcastello
08-07-16, 09:33 AM
How many silks drop from the adventure? I don't see it on p1 and I have a vague recollection of possibly 2...

The thing is, everyone is saying "hold off upgrading until you get 90 silk for side goal 3." But leveling up quicker is how we have the chance to win all the prizes, by getting a ton more of the event item (desert jewels) from drops of higher palaces. Staying at L5 for 3 extra days seems silly. If the side goal requires having 90 silk, and the 25 adventures will drop 50 (or 75? 100?) and nagas ****ed during the 4-6 days of adventuring will add even more, why bother waiting to upgrade to get something checked off that will happen naturally unless you are nearing the end of side goal 3s timer?
In my case I only needed 2 more silks so worth holding off upgrading. It only took a minute to trigger a naga. If you aren't almost there probably would upgrade and get the silks later

Solientus
08-07-16, 09:36 AM
How many silks drop from the adventure?
I'm pretty sure I've had a drop of 4, only noticed it once though

*Just collected. Got 4

CocoMom101
08-07-16, 09:37 AM
Maybe she has Post Traumatic Stress.

More likely Stockholm Syndrome - she just can't help lovin' those nasty Nagas. :o

AinoDK
08-07-16, 10:20 AM
Just upgraded the palace to level 6 and I'm beginning to see why the big footprint was needed lol

I now have 8 market places, 8 conservatories, 6 taverns and 6 ponds out. When I collect in the morning I get WAY ahead on glass, but then during the day as I continuously collect from the ponds I get ahead on sand and silk. The only item I'm always low on is the fragment, but since I can now get 32 jewels per hour I don't really care. Btw during events I always reserve almost all energy for relevant collections, and since I'm been maxed on most items for ages I don't care about waste.

This event is great. Beautiful new items, good balance between collections, crafts, and adventures, different possible strategies to acchieve goals, value-adding side goals, where to collect items clearly described, well prepared, seems challenging but doable, only glitch so far has been the collect/have wording. Thanks S8 for listening to recent feedback! A while back I was loosing faith (not mentioning a certain purple animal) but CS is now back as my favorite game.

As always a big Thank you to those gemming ahead and sharing info, everyone on this forum who is always ready to answering questions and not least SW for gathering and posting the essential stuff on page 1, as well as forwarding our feedback to S8

aiyoosha
08-07-16, 10:29 AM
man wats up with fragments being so hard to collect. you would think since we need it to forge jewels like the side thingies say to do that that would mean we would get alot of it.

crazy s8 and their crazy antics again, okay s8 i see u. they must have a "thing" for only giving us so little stuff of what we need every quest *sad face*

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 10:36 AM
the trick is to uplevel ur Palace as soon as possible. with every level it gains it gives more CommunityJewels at each collection. then.. collecting from the Palace as often as u can.. u gain without noticing.

at level7 the Palace gives 44Jewels if I remember. I haven't been making any Jewels in the Forge. I'll make them later if nesessary, when the Palace is upleveled to max. In the meantime.. to be cautious.. I'll keep the material handy and concentrate on upleveling.

build as many Taverns, Conservatories and MarketPlaces as u can for the other materials u need to uplevel the Palace. the choice of the buildings depends on the collection time u are able to maintain. Conservatories if u can collect often (2hrs), Taverns, MarketPlaces if u can check ur game once or twice a day.

u do trigger Naga when collecting from the buildings, but some Ponds would be handy for Sand and to trigger Naga when u need materials he gives. it all depends what u need in order to update the Palace... keep upleveling!

This is great advice. Build as many buildings as you can and the desert glass won't be a problem. Taverns are the best. They drop from 10-30 glass every 8 hrs. Market place has been a disappointment for me. Usually only drops 20 glass once a day. The bottleneck for me is sand. I would be at level 9, but I need 142 more sand. My ponds usually drop 1 sand plus a Naga which takes 6 energy to collect that 1 sand. As soon as a Naga spawns, I collect the rest of my ponds to avoid getting a Naga with each collection. Very energy intensive to get the sand.

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 11:45 AM
This is great advice. Build as many buildings as you can and the desert glass won't be a problem. Taverns are the best. They drop from 10-30 glass every 8 hrs. Market place has been a disappointment for me. Usually only drops 20 glass once a day. The bottleneck for me is sand. I would be at level 9, but I need 142 more sand. My ponds usually drop 1 sand plus a Naga which takes 6 energy to collect that 1 sand. As soon as a Naga spawns, I collect the rest of my ponds to avoid getting a Naga with each collection. Very energy intensive to get the sand.

good advice Katt.. thank u! didn't think sand would be a problem as always had enough so far (I'm preparing to uplevel8) but certainly moving on spending 1energy per sand, 2sands if u're lucky... things will really slow down as energy is limited for what we have to do. to
it's a great idea manipolating Naga at the right moment.. depending on our needs.
I started this quest with much more than 1000energy saved up.. and I happily tapped them away in 2days :eek:
lots of time left anyway to keep upleveling.

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 12:11 PM
So I'm done with Beating the Sands of Time Part II, is it safe to craft jewels now with the Jewel fragments or are we going to need to "have" more for future side quests?

since Fragments are few.. and upleveling the Palace gives many Jewels as u move ahead for the community collection.. I save them for now. U can always craft later near the end of time to boost ur collection.
it took me 2days to put together the 50Fragments needed to allow side goal II to check off.. just because I made one Jewel! it was not worth it.
part III doesn't ask for any Fragment collection.. but I don't know the other parts yet.

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 12:23 PM
since Fragments are few.. and upleveling the Palace gives many Jewels as u move ahead for the community collection.. I save them for now. U can always craft later near the end of time to boost ur collection.
it took me 2days to put together the 50Fragments needed to allow side goal II to check off.. just because I made one Jewel! it was not worth it.
part III doesn't ask for any Fragment collection.. but I don't know the other parts yet.

The great thing about this quest is the versatility. You don't have to complete Beating the Sands since it only gives you a box of goodies that can be obtained elsewhere. You do need to complete the side goal A Desert Flower to get the camel. But I quit doing Beating the Sands when it required 25 adventures just to get a few silks. I preferred to do regular adventures to get gems and energy. A 3 hr. adventure to get 2 silks didn't seem necessary when there's so many nagas available to get the silk much faster.

That's just my rationalization, but the great thing about this quest is that it can fit many different styles of playing.

Great job, S8. This is a fun community event.

CocoMom101
08-07-16, 12:24 PM

Thnx for the reply - I made the same mistake of crafting too soon. I keep an eye on page one for updates on the next levels requirements for sure!

embroideress
08-07-16, 12:46 PM

I only did the desert adventure twice so far since I'm trying to save my swords for the side goal. I got 2 silk and 1 jewel fragment the first time. And 4 silk the second time.

peachtreeshoppe
08-07-16, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I've had a drop of 4, only noticed it once though

*Just collected. Got 4

I only did the desert adventure twice so far since I'm trying to save my swords for the side goal. I got 2 silk and 1 jewel fragment the first time. And 4 silk the second time.

Thanks!

MarijeMig
08-07-16, 01:04 PM
I really enjoy this event, but I'm fairly new to this game and I was wondering: if I level up my tavern, will it drop more glass? I'm very low on that one. Or is it better to get more taverns (low on coins, so conservatories are much harder to get for me now)
Signature is showing my ds isles. In cs I'm playing with Princessia

Solientus
08-07-16, 01:09 PM
I really enjoy this event, but I'm fairly new to this game and I was wondering: if I level up my tavern, will it drop more glass? I'm very low on that one. Or is it better to get more taverns (low on coins, so conservatories are much harder to get for me now)

Level of Tavern doesn't matter as far as glass collection during this event, so you're better off building a few level 1's.

peachtreeshoppe
08-07-16, 01:19 PM
Didn't see this shared... Beating the sands 2 prize: 30 glass, 7 sand, 4 silk.

Does anyone know the prize for BtS 3? Is it worth missing five or six days of regular adventures?

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 01:28 PM
The great thing about this quest is the versatility. You don't have to complete Beating the Sands since it only gives you a box of goodies that can be obtained elsewhere. You do need to complete the side goal A Desert Flower to get the camel. But I quit doing Beating the Sands when it required 25 adventures just to get a few silks. I preferred to do regular adventures to get gems and energy. A 3 hr. adventure to get 2 silks didn't seem necessary when there's so many nagas available to get the silk much faster.

That's just my rationalization, but the great thing about this quest is that it can fit many different styles of playing.

Great job, S8. This is a fun community event.

yes.. it's very disappointing the outcome of the Castle Journey.. only a couple Silks after all that waiting. makes u reluctant to do them. about 10 Silks would have made it much more inviting.. a request to S8 team?
maybe that's just the reason no one has posted any progress on the GuideBook goals.. no ones doing them:eek:.. they're too many, takes too long and however.. not necessary for progress.
the camel is much more inviting ;)

MarijeMig
08-07-16, 01:36 PM
Level of Tavern doesn't matter as far as glass collection during this event, so you're better off building a few level 1's.
Thanks!

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 01:57 PM
Level 10 palace upgrade needs:

900 Desert Glass
360 Desert Sand
110 Desert Silk

Level 9 palace drops 74 desert jewels.

So, looks like there are no surprises or difficult tasks to get to Level 10. Good luck.

hexappeal
08-07-16, 02:02 PM
Magic cement is now available for me. Is this a part of this quest or because I recently leveled up? It takes 12 hours to craft.
Hmm. I better head to the hub.
In other news, I'm now eligible to help my cs community obtain those beautifully jeweled walls.
Hooray!

I found it. Please disregard the first part of above post.

ktorewqas
08-07-16, 02:19 PM
Level 10 palace upgrade needs:

900 Desert Glass
360 Desert Sand
110 Desert Silk

Level 9 palace drops 74 desert jewels.

So, looks like there are no surprises or difficult tasks to get to Level 10. Good luck.thank you very much! Now head back to the game and count how many i still need :D

Solientus
08-07-16, 02:48 PM
I was jotting this down for myself but thought maybe someone might want it. Once you hit the number of silk for the level of upgrade you're at, you're safe to park your monsters again:
If you're on level 5 already, you need 377 Desert Silk
If you're on level 6 already, you need 331 Desert Silk
If you're on level 7 already, you need 275 Desert Silk
If you're on level 8 already, you need 200 Desert Silk
If you're on level 9 already, you know already! When's level 10 amirite!? (110)
If you're on level 10 already, sit back, relax, and know I'm jelly : P
(This doesn't factor any outstanding side goals you may finish...but then you'll just have more souvenirs)

Thanks Katt for filling in the final blank!

Nessell
08-07-16, 02:53 PM
Hi question about the timed quests, let's say the six day timed side quest....do you have a full six days to complete it from when you triggered it...or do u have the remainder of the "castle story" day then a further five days (hope that makes sense).

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 03:09 PM
I was jotting this down for myself but thought maybe someone might want it. Once you hit the number of silk for the level of upgrade you're at, you're safe to park your monsters again:
If you're on level 5 already, you need 377 Desert Silk
If you're on level 6 already, you need 331 Desert Silk
If you're on level 7 already, you need 275 Desert Silk
If you're on level 8 already, you need 200 Desert Silk
If you're on level 9 already, you know already! When's level 10 amirite!? (110)
If you're on level 10 already, sit back, relax, and know I'm jelly : P
(This doesn't factor any outstanding side goals you may finish...but then you'll just have more souvenirs)

Thanks Katt for filling in the final blank!

You're welcome. However, there is still one unknown factor. Does Zabina walk or stay in one spot? I'm still 3000 desert jewels away from getting her so will let you know. (Unless someone has her already and posts.)

hexappeal
08-07-16, 03:13 PM
Magic cement is now available for me. Is this a part of this quest or because I recently leveled up? It takes 12 hours to craft.
In other news, I'm now eligible to help my cs community obtain those beautifully jeweled walls.
Hooray!

I found it. Please disregard the first part of above post.

You can delete the whole post if you want.
It's not relevant or helpful in anyway.
Thanks for merging them !
(I'll check prior to posting next time...)

Sheeba8188
08-07-16, 04:01 PM
So 6 days for beating sands of time part III with 25 adventures required to complete at 3 hours each hmm not sure if I can do this or willing to set an alarm every 3 hours to do this RL takes priority.

8000 jewels required for zabrina will have to wait and see about this 22 days left so see what happens.

Level 10 seems doable tho so pleased with that.

honerkowski
08-07-16, 04:09 PM
You're welcome. However, there is still one unknown factor. Does Zabina walk or stay in one spot? I'm still 3000 desert jewels away from getting her so will let you know. (Unless someone has her already and posts.)

She is floating around, I saw her in a Community Kingdom

HarleyBrat119
08-07-16, 05:36 PM
man wats up with fragments being so hard to collect. you would think since we need it to forge jewels like the side thingies say to do that that would mean we would get alot of it.

crazy s8 and their crazy antics again, okay s8 i see u. they must have a "thing" for only giving us so little stuff of what we need every quest *sad face*

I am in the same boat. I am still on Beating Sands Part 2. For instance, after collecting from 10 ponds 3x, chopping 2 1/2 rock outcroppings, 2 iron rich, 1 small pile and 1 dark cave formation, I got only 4 fragments. This is getting very frustrating. I def had much better drops at the beginning with just 5 ponds for Part 1. I added more ponds and began buying the rocks, when that wasn't enough anymore, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.:-)

comeseecomesah
08-07-16, 05:42 PM
Oh I was wondering that too,and hoping she was moving around. Hope she's good looking AND doesn't fly sideways ha. Thought I saw a post saying she was just standing still but thinking about it....she has no feet to stand on. Thanks for posting info.

Nikospets
08-07-16, 05:53 PM
I am in the same boat. I am still on Beating Sands Part 2. For instance, after collecting from 10 ponds 3x, chopping 2 1/2 rock outcroppings, 2 iron rich, 1 small pile and 1 dark cave formation, I got only 4 fragments. This is getting very frustrating. I def had much better drops at the beginning with just 5 ponds for Part 1. I added more ponds and began buying the rocks, when that wasn't enough anymore, to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.:-)

I am having the same issue, I thought I was just unlucky again! Can't seem to get fragments to save my life! Very frustrating!!!

comeseecomesah
08-07-16, 06:02 PM
Wish storm8 would install quick switch between cs accounts like in some of their other games. Driving me crazy trying to collect on time in my 2 kingdoms, having to go through other game each time. In fact I was trying to handle 3 kingdoms. The 3rd being 1 that I was given. Low level so events pretty impossible to finish anyway so I gave up pheww!

fesxdgdgsgfb
08-07-16, 06:07 PM
Working toward 50 fragments and got to 25 so I started to make the 100 jewels. Logged back into game to find the counter reset. Someone probably already warned about that here, but I shouldn't have to read a forum to avoid mistakes. Feels like another trap. Really frustrated -- it's hard to play when the rules are arcane.

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 07:04 PM

I think the best plan is to build as many taverns as you can. Buildings will drop jewel fragments as well as ponds. Once you level up the palace, you'll get more desert jewels from that. I have 16 taverns so leveling up went very fast for me. You can sell farmhouses and cottages if you are maxed on town buildings.

HarleyBrat119
08-07-16, 07:20 PM
I think the best plan is to build as many taverns as you can. Buildings will drop jewel fragments as well as ponds. Once you level up the palace, you'll get more desert jewels from that. I have 16 taverns so leveling up went very fast for me. You can sell farmhouses and cottages if you are maxed on town buildings.

Thank you so much. I did build another conservatory, but now that I have upgraded the castle to L5, I clearly need to build more glass "manufacturers" lol. What I was mentioning in the earlier comment was the lack of jewel fragments needed for the Beating the Sands Part 2 side goal. Thank you again and keep well. :-)

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 07:25 PM

this is exciting news.. hope she does move around. characters become a 'live' part of the kingdom that way instead of being parked like a lamp post to look at. u're not far away Katt.. another couple days we'll know for sure.

teaser question: what animation could the camel have? have been trying to imagine ;)

29vanilla
08-07-16, 07:26 PM
Wish storm8 would install quick switch between cs accounts like in some of their other games. Driving me crazy trying to collect on time in my 2 kingdoms, having to go through other game each time. In fact I was trying to handle 3 kingdoms. The 3rd being 1 that I was given. Low level so events pretty impossible to finish anyway so I gave up pheww!

Yes! I and many others I'm sure would love to have this feature! Please S8!

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 07:43 PM
Thank you so much. I did build another conservatory, but now that I have upgraded the castle to L5, I clearly need to build more glass "manufacturers" lol. What I was mentioning in the earlier comment was the lack of jewel fragments needed for the Beating the Sands Part 2 side goal. Thank you again and keep well. :-)

I know. That's why I was saying to build more buildings. You will get jewel fragments from the buildings along with the desert glass.

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 07:45 PM
this is exciting news.. hope she does move around. characters become a 'live' part of the kingdom that way instead of being parked like a lamp post to look at. u're not far away Katt.. another couple days we'll know for sure.

teaser question: what animation could the camel have? have been trying to imagine ;)

Maybe some mouth animation since he's a spitting camel. Lol. Hope not, though.

PrincessCupOButter
08-07-16, 08:07 PM
I'm doing the 25 journeys into the desert for part 3 of the side goals....mainly for the satisfaction of completing it. I am fortunate to have plenty of swords, and water is not a problem. So far I've been able to manage energy ok with the special Alis. But I really wish there was a better return from the journeys. I normally get 2 silks, occasionally 4 and very rarely a jewel fragment.

A small amount of energy would be very welcome. Or better yet, rare drops of an extra path piece or magic carpet, parts for upgrading the palace, or even a few desert jewels. Just something to make the trips more productive and interesting. (Kind of like the griffin egg deco drops...just a little lagniappe)

Other than that little wish, I'm really enjoying this event. For me it just seems better planned and less stressful than the last several events have been. (except for the wording issues that have since been corrected). I'm still looking forward to the story line continuing, but this has been a pleasant diversion so far. Thanks S8.

riverly
08-07-16, 08:37 PM
Hooray

I found it. Please disregard the first part of above post.it sounds like you are further along than I am!! I'm just now reaching my 500 jewels.

riverly
08-07-16, 08:39 PM
I am also attempting the 25 adventures. Something to do while I'm waiting for glass.

Also I'm curious to see if another goal comes after it.

Did I mention I was waiting on glass, and waiting and waiting and waiting....

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 09:54 PM
The genie is floating around my kingdom now. I think the artwork is excellent. Very pretty eyes, definitely not cross-eyed like Anthia.

She's worth the effort in my opinion. Good luck, everyone. (I'm still working on getting the camel).

HarleyBrat119
08-07-16, 09:58 PM
I know. That's why I was saying to build more buildings. You will get jewel fragments from the buildings along with the desert glass.

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry. Too much time in the desert I guess. I will try. Thanks.

hexappeal
08-07-16, 10:13 PM
it sounds like you are further along than I am!! I'm just now reaching my 500 jewels.

I just upgraded to level 6 and when the magic forge is ready, I'll have 1000 something....I obtained the magic carpet

I just happened to be playing when the event went live and started it immediately.
I really credit those in this forum that warned not to craft until the side goals were completed.
That helped me immensely (because I SO would have lol)
I
I too, am waiting on glass 7/450
And the exact count of jewels collected is 1039.

I'm not sure how the community event works, it's my first one. Currently it shoes 39%

MoonVillage3
08-07-16, 10:42 PM
@ hexappeal
The community part of the event is the collecting of (in this case DessertJewels) all CastleStory players to gain the prizes left. Thus being quoted in percent figures. Single players are able to participate when they reach a certain point of the collection.. after the MagicCarpet in this event.

kattkrazie
08-07-16, 10:43 PM
Oh jeez, I'm so sorry. Too much time in the desert I guess. I will try. Thanks.

Lol. There's a lot of moving parts for sure. Ponds and rocks give sand, buildings give glass, nagas give silk and all 3 of them can also drop fragments. So I think you'll find that you will start to accumulate plenty of jewel fragments as you progress through the levels. Good luck!!

hexappeal
08-07-16, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=MoonVillage3;1329937]@ hexappeal
The community part of the event is the collecting of (in this case DessertJewels) all CastleStory players to gain the prizes left. Thus being quoted in percent figures. Single players are able to participate when they reach a certain point of the collection.. after the MagicCarpet in this event.

Thank you for clarifying.
(It's my first community event)

RevdKathy
08-07-16, 10:58 PM
I think it's going to be down to the wire whether I shall get the camel for this one. I'm doing a count on the number of glass I get per day, and will multiply it up. I don't really have room for any more! I invested in the snake charmer, so I'm hoping to get the Genie at least.

Have to say this is the most fun of any of the recent quests.

totalwasteoftime
08-07-16, 11:10 PM
Same here :(

Grrrr... Me too!

hagypagy
08-08-16, 03:07 AM
The genie is floating around my kingdom now. I think the artwork is excellent. Very pretty eyes, definitely not cross-eyed like Anthia.

She's worth the effort in my opinion. Good luck, everyone. (I'm still working on getting the camel).

Congrats!! :D

Thanks for doing the hard yards and giving us all the heads up on whats to come. Much appreciated! :o

She's looking awesome!
Agreed her animation is beautifully done.
Can't wait to see her floating round my kingdom.

Storm8,
Still wishing Aanpa was a kingdom walker too
There's a lot of girls now in the kingdom ... Another guy character would be cool please

Solientus
08-08-16, 03:16 AM
I'm doing the 25 journeys into the desert for part 3 of the side goals....mainly for the satisfaction of completing it. I am fortunate to have plenty of swords, and water is not a problem.

A small amount of energy would be very welcome. Or better yet, rare drops of an extra path piece or magic carpet, parts for upgrading the palace, or even a few desert jewels. Just something to make the trips more productive and interesting.

Other than that little wish, I'm really enjoying this event. For me it just seems better planned and less stressful than the last several events have been. Thanks S8.
Same here. Abundance of swords so I don't mind.
As for dropping an energy or two and a piece of road or wall is a fantastic idea!
*Like button* :D

mbf1984
08-08-16, 04:27 AM
Congrats!! :D

Thanks for doing the hard yards and giving us all the heads up on whats to come. Much appreciated! :o

She's looking awesome!
Agreed her animation is beautifully done.
Can't wait to see her floating round my kingdom.

Storm8,
Still wishing Aanpa was a kingdom walker too
There's a lot of girls now in the kingdom ... Another guy character would be cool please

How many side goals are there? I am on number 3

tan5314
08-08-16, 04:40 AM
I'm greatly enjoying this event. After the previous events I wasn't sure I'd be able to feel this way again.

The only ridiculous thing is Zabrina's name but I can live with it. Well, maybe we'll have someone named Thurztron to pair Zabrina with. :D

D_Raho
08-08-16, 05:34 AM

Yes! I and many others I'm sure would love to have this feature! Please S8!
I agree whole heartedly. I have more accounts than the average person should, and cycling through them all using a second app is very annoying. An account switcher inside Castle Story would make my little mobile gaming world complete.

Medhba
08-08-16, 06:06 AM
No complaints on this event. I have 20 unread pages on this forum (haven't read past 38) so I apologize if this has been asked; is it ok to craft jewels now? I'm on part 5 of "a desert flower" and part 3 of "beating the desert heat".

Unrelated: I'm very happy with Aanpa and his drops of magic fruit! I'm excited about Zabrina :-)

Sandybellee
08-08-16, 06:28 AM
I'm greatly enjoying this event. After the previous events I wasn't sure I'd be able to feel this way again.

The only ridiculous thing is Zabrina's name but I can live with it. Well, maybe we'll have someone named Thurztron to pair Zabrina with. :D

LOL! Yes! There's still also Sabrina and Zabina available. That would make a complete set. :D

MoonVillage3
08-08-16, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=kdgulle;1328422]I

part of quote #6, Page1

2 new adventures Keep only it looks like. I got 4 silks first collection
Journey to the desert 3 hours
1 sword.
5 water

Forest Adventure 30 mins this one is no longer in the keep.
5 strawberries
1 sword
Gave me 2 seeds

Does anyone know what happened to the second 30min journey and why it disappeared?
Seems originally was there.

starnanou
08-08-16, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=kdgulle;1328422]I

part of quote #6, Page1

1 sword.
5 water

5 strawberries
1 sword
Gave me 2 seeds

Does anyone know what happened to the second 30min journey and why it disappeared?
Seems originally was there.
I didn't had it

starnanou
08-08-16, 07:10 AM
I'm doing the 25 journeys into the desert for part 3 of the side goals....mainly for the satisfaction of completing it. I am fortunate to have plenty of swords, and water is not a problem. So far I've been able to manage energy ok with the special Alis. But I really wish there was a better return from the journeys. I normally get 2 silks, occasionally 4 and very rarely a jewel fragment.

A small amount of energy would be very welcome. Or better yet, rare drops of an extra path piece or magic carpet, parts for upgrading the palace, or even a few desert jewels. Just something to make the trips more productive and interesting. (Kind of like the griffin egg deco drops...just a little lagniappe)

Other than that little wish, I'm really enjoying this event. For me it just seems better planned and less stressful than the last several events have been. (except for the wording issues that have since been corrected). I'm still looking forward to the story line continuing, but this has been a pleasant diversion so far. Thanks S8.
Totally agree

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=kdgulle;1328422]I

part of quote #6, Page1

1 sword.
5 water

5 strawberries
1 sword
Gave me 2 seeds

Seems originally was there.It was there by mistake. It was for a previous event/quest.

djdeela
08-08-16, 08:05 AM
So, a quick question...

Do we need the jewel fragments for anything else, than producing desert jewels in the magic forge?
I'm still keeping them in my inventory.

riverly
08-08-16, 08:09 AM
I also have a question about fragments. Can we have more than 99 in inventory??

Solientus
08-08-16, 08:29 AM
So, a quick question...

Do we need the jewel fragments for anything else, than producing desert jewels in the magic forge?
I'm still keeping them in my inventory.
I haven't seen anyone post about a part 4 side quest yet. On the upside they stack to something like 999,999 so at least we won't cap out waiting to see!

riverly
08-08-16, 08:33 AM
Thanks!

zyfazix
08-08-16, 08:38 AM
Just levelled the Palace to level 5 and currently at 394 Jewels. Haven't encountered any problems yet

aiyoosha
08-08-16, 09:07 AM
yep me too, i hate that they dont give us alot of the one thing we need the most:rolleyes:.

LOOOL

ktorewqas
08-08-16, 09:09 AM
This event has another great improvement. I still remember the pain of uneven/unbalanced drops in previous community events. So glad that we can divert our energy for what we need :rolleyes:

29vanilla
08-08-16, 09:30 AM
Anyone else can't get into CS? Force closed, powered off and still can't get. Sitting right next to my wifi even.

29vanilla
08-08-16, 09:52 AM
Anyone else can't get into CS? Force closed, powered off and still can't get. Sitting right next to my wifi even.

Never mind. Working now. Just weird, was able to get into my other CS acct and other S8 games. So idk. Just glad it's working. Gotta get leveled up! Working tonight☹️

netwiz3
08-08-16, 10:19 AM
Lol. There's a lot of moving parts for sure. Ponds and rocks give sand, buildings give glass, nagas give silk and all 3 of them can also drop fragments. So I think you'll find that you will start to accumulate plenty of jewel fragments as you progress through the levels. Good luck!!

Just to echo this awesome advice! If you have enough buildings(particularly Taverns and Markets) in the long run you will have plenty of glass and should be able to level your Desert Palace up far enough that Jewel Fragments aren't really needed(except to get past the side goal part 2). You get tons of Desert Jewels just by collecting from high level Desert Palace.

For me I'm just counting the number of Desert Silk needed to get the Palace to level 10 and once I reach that number I'll park a troll or Naga some where and focus all my time/energy on Sand collection when Taverns and Markets aren't ready.

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 11:13 AM
I agree whole heartedly. I have more accounts than the average person should, and cycling through them all using a second app is very annoying. An account switcher inside Castle Story would make my little mobile gaming world complete.Yes I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who would like an account switcher inside Castle story. Would make it so much easier and quick especially in this event and all events. It's a nightmare trying to collect every hour!! More ppl should give this feedback if that's what they would like. I hope storm8 is listening....yoohooo storm8. I didn't know how to attach this post to my original post along with yours and the other person who replied to mine. Would have been good to have them all together and ppl adding so that posts go to the front so we get heard.

DrP4ever
08-08-16, 11:18 AM
I must be missing something here since we need hundreds or thousands of jewels and I only have 16. Can't find jewel fragments anywhere basically. I have 18. Too many pages to read so if someone has advice I would greatly appreciate it.

aurora171
08-08-16, 11:22 AM
I must be missing something here since we need hundreds or thousands of jewels and I only have 16. Can't find jewel fragments anywhere basically. I have 18. Too many pages to read so if someone has advice I would greatly appreciate it.

upgrade your Desert Palace as the drop rate of jewels increases with each upgrade and have as many taverns/market places as you can to help collect fragments etc!

Solientus
08-08-16, 11:50 AM
Drops from Palace increase by a ton(per hour) the more you upgrade. Taken from the 1st post:

Drops of Desert Jewels from the Desert Palace
Level 1: 2
Level 2: 4
Level 3: 8
Level 4: 14
Level 5: 22
Level 6: 32
Level 7: 44
Level 8: 58
Level 9: 74
level 10:

aiyoosha
08-08-16, 11:58 AM
ok so i need 50 fragments and 25 to make jewels and i have 33 now so do i wait til i have 50 to make jewels?

Solientus
08-08-16, 11:59 AM
ok so i need 50 fragments and 25 to make jewels and i have 33 now so do i wait til i have 50 to make jewels?
Wait until you have 50 and it's checked off in your book. From the First page:

Beating the Sands of Time - Timed Side Quests:
These are additional timed goals triggered by completing the previous side quest.

Note: if you craft the desert jewels in part 1, your inventory count will decrease back to 0. Players suggesting holding off on part 1 craft till you have 50 jewel fragments for part 2. DITTO FOR SILK IN PART 3

netwiz3
08-08-16, 12:34 PM
Wait until you have 50 and it's checked off in your book. From the First page:

Just to be clear... If you are on "Sands of time Part I" You HAVE to use 25 to get past that goal... Once you are on "Sands of Time Part II" you need to wait until you get 50 fragments before crafting in order to get past that goal... You do not need any more fragments for part III.

PrincessCelestian
08-08-16, 01:59 PM
Has anyone seen the number of drops from rocks go down over the last day? I feel like I am not getting hardly anything from then when before I was doing pretty decent in drops of sand and jewel fragments and in spawning nagas.

SpiritWind00
08-08-16, 02:01 PM
It's quicker to wait till you have 50, but like a lot of us, we completed the craft in part 1, then collected 50 for part 2, so no biggie. Depends if you want to wait longer to complete goal 1. If the timer is ticking on part 1 and its close, do the craft. Up to you! :)

No one has posted about further use of fragments yet..... You can basically hold unlimited number, so you can always wait for a few days, see if they're needed and if not, craft away! It's a short craft so you will use them quickly. Personally I'd wait, but it all depends of your playing time.

I agree this is a well balanced and non stressful event so far. I was very worried about only having 4 desert jewels at the end of one day, but they've been steadily rising in numbers.

Keep smiling and have a happy day! :)

jbfps116
08-08-16, 02:24 PM
so Im assuming that if you reach the last personal prize you have no choice if Zabrina is in our kingdom? hmm

Stymie52
08-08-16, 02:35 PM
Has anyone seen the number of drops from rocks go down over the last day? I feel like I am not getting hardly anything from then when before I was doing pretty decent in drops of sand and jewel fragments and in spawning nagas.

I am not getting anything good from any rocks. Am just doing ponds now.

kattkrazie
08-08-16, 02:44 PM
I am happy to confirm that the spitting camel is AWESOME. He is larger than the other animals and is animated - moves his tail and head.

This was a great event with terrific rewards. Good luck everybody. Well worth the effort!

Camel has a 22 hr. timer. I assume he will drop wool and swords like the promo shows.

Solientus
08-08-16, 02:56 PM
I am happy to confirm that the spitting camel is AWESOME. He is larger than the other animals and is animated - moves his tail and head.
That's good news! Although...you suggested a spitting one - which I thought would have been a hilarious option I gladly welcome into my Kingdom :P

arikasi
08-08-16, 03:29 PM
so Im assuming that if you reach the last personal prize you have no choice if Zabrina is in our kingdom? hmm

Yes �� Stuck with the cross eyed fairy I wish I could store. Really couldn't she have been fixed to match the advertized picture?

cyndora
08-08-16, 03:31 PM
i just sped up a pond....note to self...don't have coffee before tapping

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 03:48 PM
Yes �� Stuck with the cross eyed fairy I wish I could store. Really couldn't she have been fixed to match the advertized picture?
She still could be fixed if Storm8 loves us....AND enough ppl give feedback!! It's us who have to continually see her and have no choice. At least the newbie genie is as advertised yeyy

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 03:56 PM
i just sped up a pond....note to self...don't have coffee before tapping

Lol I was on the coffee too manically collecting from ponds and a golden apple popped up. Well my eyes popped, thinking it was glitch,then I looked and saw I'd missed the pond and collected from fireworks Griffin ha nice accident tho.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-08-16, 04:10 PM
Lol I was on the coffee too manically collecting from ponds and a golden apple popped up. Well my eyes popped, thinking it was glitch,then I looked and saw I'd missed the pond and collected from fireworks Naga ha nice accident tho.
Lol, you musta collected from yet something ELSE that you didn't see, cuz Fireworks Naga doesn't drop golden apples either, lol.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-08-16, 04:12 PM

This was a great event with terrific rewards. Good luck everybody. Well worth the effort!

Camel has a 22 hr. timer. I assume he will drop wool and swords like the promo shows.
Well dangit...a camel specifically *named* Spitting Camel, yet he doesn't SPIT!?! ...
Shoot, I want to see him spiiiiiit! Lol

I mean, otherwise, why not just name him Desert Camel? :confused:

vickyville14
08-08-16, 04:16 PM
How do I find the boxes of goodies? I am on the 3rd Sands of Time quest; I have looked through by inventory, but I can't find them.

Sandybellee
08-08-16, 04:20 PM

Yay! Congrats on finishing and thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to the camel more than Zabrina. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-08-16, 04:23 PM
How do I find the boxes of goodies? I am on the 3rd Sands of Time quest; I have looked through by inventory, but I can't find them.
You don't get an actual box or crate...you get the goodies that are "in" it, which just shows up as a pop-up and then goes straight to your inventory.
I was hoping it would be an actual crate, too, that we could place on the board to chop (like a treasure trove or fireworks crate of events past)... But it's not, lol.

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 04:27 PM
Lol, you musta collected from yet something ELSE that you didn't see, cuz Fireworks Naga doesn't drop golden apples either, lol.oops edited, it was fireworks Griffin for deffinate. That was the closest to pond and it had only just been collected at the time.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-08-16, 04:51 PM
oops edited, it was fireworks Griffin for deffinate. That was the closest to pond and it had only just been collected at the time.
You sure it was a golden apple and not a golden *egg*?? ...if so, that's a new drop for the Fireworks Griffin. I'll need another confirmation before I add it to the list of drops for the F Griffin over in the Baron's Tent thread. :)

To get back on topic for *this* thread tho lol...

I guess y'all saw the recent bundle that hit along with this event:

I'm curious about that first item.

Was that bundle the only way to get the choppable gift box?? (Don't see it in the market anywhere) ...and why isn't there a chance for that item to appear as a special box crate from the new 3-hr adventure???

And speaking of adventures.... I've got a Q for everybody:
Has anyone sent their knights on the "Traverse the Desert Sands" adventure (sweet feast + 5 armor + $) since this event started? If so, does anything drop from it to help with the event?
...and if not, WHY NOT S8?? (I mean, here we already HAVE an adventure to the desert, so it totally makes sense to be able to get stuff there for Desert Nights, no? lol)

room27
08-08-16, 04:57 PM
@NorthWoodsKingdom

I've done the desert sands adventure. Nothing there to help with this quest, sadly.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-08-16, 05:00 PM
@NorthWoodsKingdom

I've done the desert sands adventure. Nothing there to help with this quest, sadly.
Hmphf ok. ... Call me silly but that really doesn't make any sense to me, lol.

freddy1343
08-08-16, 05:11 PM

Presumably on the magic carpet we received as the second community prize.

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 05:56 PM
You sure it was a golden apple and not a golden *egg*?? ...if so, that's a new drop for the Fireworks Griffin. I'll need another confirmation before I add it to the list of drops for the F Griffin over in the Baron's Tent thread. :)

To get back on topic for *this* thread tho lol...

I guess y'all saw the recent bundle that hit along with this event:

I'm curious about that first item.

Was that bundle the only way to get the choppable gift box?? (Don't see it in the market anywhere) ...and why isn't there a chance for that item to appear as a special box crate from the new 3-hr adventure???

Has anyone sent their knights on the "Traverse the Desert Sands" adventure (sweet feast + 5 armor + $) since this event started? If so, does anything drop from it to help with the event?
...and if not, WHY NOT S8?? (I mean, here we already HAVE an adventure to the desert, so it totally makes sense to be able to get stuff there for Desert Nights, no? lol) Sorry to use all of your msg here but i don't know how to do the QUOTE stuff and only use part of your msg. So ok I am now doubting myself but al I see when I think back is a golden apple but yes you better see if anyone else reports it! Meanwhile I'll keep collecting regularly AND noting drops lol.

On topic I'v been on the Traverse the Desert Sands couple times whilst this event on and no related drops...booo!

ktorewqas
08-08-16, 05:59 PM
@NorthWoodsKingdom

Hmphf ok. ... Call me silly but that really doesn't make any sense to me, lol.
I only have six more trips to collect :( this does not make any sense at all. Hum ...

ktorewqas
08-08-16, 06:04 PM
...and if not, WHY NOT S8?? (I mean, here we already HAVE an adventure to the desert, so it totally makes sense to be able to get stuff there for Desert Nights, no? lol)
Only thing I can think of is that those knights only like sweets. For the price of a sword, neh ... They do not like practising to improve their s****s ... I imagine that they might be over weight ... Lol

PrincessCelestian
08-08-16, 06:25 PM
I am not getting anything good from any rocks. Am just doing ponds now.

Sucks. I have no more room for fish and mermaid scales. I was alternating back and forth to keep from getting too much in inventory.

kattkrazie
08-08-16, 06:43 PM
Well dangit...a camel specifically *named* Spitting Camel, yet he doesn't SPIT!?! ...
Shoot, I want to see him spiiiiiit! Lol

I mean, otherwise, why not just name him Desert Camel? :confused:

Maybe he's just a happy spitting camel. Real camels only spit when they are agitated. My spitting camel looks really mellowed out. Dare I say he looks high? Check out those huge eyes.

For those who get the palace to level 10, getting Zabrina should be easy. Level 10 palace drops 100 desert jewels every hour.

PrincessCelestian
08-08-16, 06:52 PM

I have been traversing the desert sands in my knights hall. It will finish tomorrow morning my time. About 8 hours left I think. I will update if it drops anything good for this challenge.

PrincessCupOButter
08-08-16, 07:19 PM
I did the desert sands adventure from the barracks, no event drops.

Someone asked several pages back if anyone noticed a lower drop rate for materials with the higher level palace.

I just collected from Old Thomas (5 glass) and 8 conservatories and got 3 glass each from Every. Single. One.
Also my ponds have been dropping one sand each for almost every collection. And I'm also seeing fewer Nagas. So yes, for me, the drops have decreased by half since leveling the palace up to level 8. :(
I guess the higher jewel drop makes up for the decrease, and there's still plenty of time, but patience isn't my strong suit and I want that camel now! Lol

My strategy with the fragments is to collect until I have at least 100 before crafting, just because I like having some in inventory and I can always marathon craft later in the event. But those drops seem even slower now too.

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 07:20 PM
I've just had a 2 day bundle offer in my wee little Kingdom ...a golden throne,golden arch,6x piles of gold and 2x pegasus statues, but hasn't come up in my big kingdoms. Maybe it will when the present one expires...hopefully! I didn't get the Desert night bundle offer in little Kingdom so maybe they offered other one early. Has anyone else had the 2 day offer in their kingdoms/queendoms whilst the desert nights bundle is still here?

kattkrazie
08-08-16, 07:23 PM
I've just had a 2 day bundle offer in my wee little Kingdom ...a golden throne,golden arch,6x piles of gold and 2x pegasus statues, but hasn't come up in my big kingdoms. Maybe it will when the present one expires...hopefully! I didn't get the Desert night bundle offer in little Kingdom so maybe they offered other one early. Has anyone else had the 2 day offer in their kingdoms/queendoms whilst the desert nights bundle is still here?

I got the new golden bundle offer immediately after the desert night bundle expired.

PrincessCupOButter
08-08-16, 07:26 PM

For me the gold bundle showed up this afternoon, after the desert bundle ended.

aiyoosha
08-08-16, 07:51 PM
Just to be clear... If you are on "Sands of time Part I" You HAVE to use 25 to get past that goal... Once you are on "Sands of Time Part II" you need to wait until you get 50 fragments before crafting in order to get past that goal... You do not need any more fragments for part III.

ya got to 55 now and gonna craft them now thanks

caron7
08-08-16, 07:58 PM
I have been traversing the desert sands in my knights hall. It will finish tomorrow morning my time. About 8 hours left I think. I will update if it drops anything good for this challenge.. I just went and dragged my Knights Hall out of storage. It has a three hour timer on it. Not sure what you mean here? Thank you :)

Edit: I looked this up on the forum. I realize you must have meant barracks! Thanks. Happy adventuring!

SpiritWind00
08-08-16, 08:06 PM
. I just went and dragged my Knights Hall out of storage. It has a three hour timer on it. Not sure what you mean here? Thank you :)
I think the player means the Barracks.

PrincessCupOButter
08-08-16, 08:08 PM
I totally missed the Knights hall/barracks mix up. I saw the words 3 hour timer and thought the desert journey had been added to the barracks. Lol! It's time for sleep.

comeseecomesah
08-08-16, 08:28 PM
Thanks Kattkrazie and Princess, there's hope for me yet...my desert bundle expires in 4 & a half hrs so guess I'll get new gold one come up then yeyy love those decorations. Naughty but nice!

Update...just got the gold bundle come up yeyy

purpledaisy1511
08-08-16, 08:30 PM
I have 2 taverns and 3 market places and when I try to buy more it tells me I'm at my limit  !!
Have tried removing buildings but same response. I'm level 50.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as really struggling with glass!

purpledaisy1511
08-08-16, 08:31 PM
Just upgraded the palace to level 6 and I'm beginning to see why the big footprint was needed lol

I now have 8 market places, 8 conservatories, 6 taverns and 6 ponds out. When I collect in the morning I get WAY ahead on glass, but then during the day as I continuously collect from the ponds I get ahead on sand and silk. The only item I'm always low on is the fragment, but since I can now get 32 jewels per hour I don't really care. Btw during events I always reserve almost all energy for relevant collections, and since I'm been maxed on most items for ages I don't care about waste.

This event is great. Beautiful new items, good balance between collections, crafts, and adventures, different possible strategies to acchieve goals, value-adding side goals, where to collect items clearly described, well prepared, seems challenging but doable, only glitch so far has been the collect/have wording. Thanks S8 for listening to recent feedback! A while back I was loosing faith (not mentioning a certain purple animal) but CS is now back as my favorite game.

As always a big Thank you to those gemming ahead and sharing info, everyone on this forum who is always ready to answering questions and not least SW for gathering and posting the essential stuff on page 1, as well as forwarding our feedback to S8

May I ask how you managed to have 8 market places and 6 taverns?
I have 2 taverns and 3 market places and when I try to buy more it tells me I'm at my limit 😡 !!

kattkrazie
08-08-16, 08:38 PM
I have 2 taverns and 3 market places and when I try to buy more it tells me I'm at my limit �� !!

Market places and taverns are town buildings. Do you have lots of farmhouses and cottages in your kingdom? If you sell (not put in storage) some of those, you'll be able to buy lots of taverns. I had 16 taverns out but had to sell off my many cottages.

BiggerBubbles
08-08-16, 08:49 PM
I have 2 taverns and 3 market places and when I try to buy more it tells me I'm at my limit  !!

You can only have 40 town buildings. These include farm houses, cottages, market places, taverns & windmills.

So it is very much about balancing what buildings you have. As per post above it is not just about having them out in your kingdom, it's about owning them. Getting rid of buildings other than the ones I've listed won't help. Maybe a few farmhouses could go.

Good luck.

karengar
08-08-16, 09:29 PM
Market place, ponds, and anything rock related. I gave up on the rocks, rarely got anything. Ponds drop very well for me.
Thank you!! I'm having the exact same issue with rocks. Very frustrating :(.

vickyville14
08-08-16, 09:46 PM
You don't get an actual box or crate...you get the goodies that are "in" it, which just shows up as a pop-up and then goes straight to your inventory.
I was hoping it would be an actual crate, too, that we could place on the board to chop (like a treasure trove or fireworks crate of events past)... But it's not, lol.

Ok, thanks for your help. At least I can stop looking.

purpledaisy1511
08-08-16, 10:23 PM
You can only have 40 town buildings. These include farm houses, cottages, market places, taverns & windmills.

So it is very much about balancing what buildings you have. As per post above it is not just about having them out in your kingdom, it's about owning them. Getting rid of buildings other than the ones I've listed won't help. Maybe a few farmhouses could go.

Good luck.

Thank you!

purpledaisy1511
08-08-16, 10:25 PM
Market places and taverns are town buildings. Do you have lots of farmhouses and cottages in your kingdom? If you sell (not put in storage) some of those, you'll be able to buy lots of taverns. I had 16 taverns out but had to sell off my many cottages.

Thank you

pcfroglad
08-08-16, 10:57 PM
OK, so far so good! This is much more fun (and doable) than the Satyr ...

I have reached level 7 on the palace ... racking up the Jewels reasonably quickly now 1320 in the bag :)

I have 6 conservatories and 5 market places out as well as 7 ponds. I don't have the barracks so collecting 25 journeys to the desert is going to be slow.

BiggerBubbles
08-09-16, 03:42 AM

I have reached level 7 on the palace ... racking up the Jewels reasonably quickly now 1320 in the bag :)

I have 6 conservatories and 5 market places out as well as 7 ponds. I don't have the barracks so collecting 25 journeys to the desert is going to be slow.

It's just as slow for all of us as the adventure is only available in the castle, so having the barracks is no advantage at all!

kdgulle
08-09-16, 03:42 AM

The adventure isn't in the barracks. It's going to be a challenge. I've been gone a lot, I'm halfway there with 10 more to collect. I like that I still may make it without being able to collect as often as I normally would. Just keep plugging along, maybe set a timer, I'm going to have to do that, I do forget to collect from it at the 3 hour mark when I'm able too.

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 03:44 AM

it's the same for all of us as the barracks do not have the option to do the dessert journey.. it has only the normal choices.
I would suggest more ponds if u can fit them in.. sand request in level 8,9 and 10 is quite alot.

katbtodd
08-09-16, 04:02 AM
Maybe he's just a happy spitting camel. Real camels only spit when they are agitated. My spitting camel looks really mellowed out. Dare I say he looks high? Check out those huge eyes.

For those who get the palace to level 10, getting Zabrina should be easy. Level 10 palace drops 100 desert jewels every hour.

Thanks I was looking for this answer on my way to level 10 , I wasn't going to do this event and so happy I did ,

Chaotarch
08-09-16, 04:46 AM
anyone else collecting sand?:rolleyes::cool:

Solientus
08-09-16, 04:49 AM
Haha, you can totally send a few my way if you like :P

aurora171
08-09-16, 05:16 AM

please tell us your secrets!

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 05:35 AM

:D
does seem you're overloaded!!! I can help you getting rid of some.. just pass them over.
:D

PrincessCelestian
08-09-16, 07:20 AM

Yes! I am well over 500 now.

PrincessCelestian
08-09-16, 07:20 AM

please tell us your secrets!

Religiously collect from lots of ponds. They will add up quickly. I get a sand from most of my pond collections.

ashley224
08-09-16, 07:33 AM
Hey Katt, I assume that the special drops stop after you upgrade to level 10? I ask because if they stop, I might hold off a little and collect some extra fragments.

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 08:36 AM
Hey Katt, I assume that the special drops stop after you upgrade to level 10? I ask because if they stop, I might hold off a little and collect some extra fragments.

they still keep dropping.. the same as before
I got the Palace to 10th.. got the 'Cosmo' Camel:eek: so cute but steering at me lol!
now heading for Zabrina and in the meantime doing castle journeys in the side goals as I'm flooding with water.
I'm also curious if side goals continue after.
The Palace gives 100Jewels at level10.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-09-16, 08:40 AM
I got the Palace to 10th.. got the Cosmo Camel:eek: so cute but steering at me lol!
now heading for Zabrina and in the meantime doing castle journeys in the side goals as I'm flooding with water.
I'm also curious if side goals continue after
Hmm.. Even after upgrading the palace to Lv 10, the taverns, marketplaces, conservatories & Old Tom still drop glass and the ponds still drop sand and Desert Nagas still spawn and still drop silk??

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-09-16, 08:47 AM
LOL!!
...still collecting desert glass? :cool:

coolssp
08-09-16, 08:47 AM

Did anyone tell you that you're insane ;)

coolssp
08-09-16, 08:49 AM
LOL!!

You and Puffy give us mortals a complex!!! :p

peachtreeshoppe
08-09-16, 08:55 AM
LOL!!

I dont understand how this is physically possible. Are you speeding up collections? Or did you at the beginning and are now leveled up so collecting for the fun of it?

kattkrazie
08-09-16, 08:59 AM

Yes, the special drops continue after upgrading the palace to level 10 because the 100 desert jewels I'm collecting every hour go towards the community prizes even though I'm done with the individual prizes. I put all my taverns and conservatories into storage because glass keeps dropping even though it has no purpose now. Same with ponds. Hoarders will love that the drops continue. Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-09-16, 09:03 AM
I dont understand how this is physically possible. Are you speeding up collections? Or did you at the beginning and are now leveled up so collecting for the fun of it?
Lol, no, I don't use gems to speed things up ... I'm at level 8 and shy on some sand to go up to 9 but still collecting from my 13 conservatories, 4 taverns, 6 marketplaces & Old Tom ..so yeah, definitely physically possible, lol. Once I upgrade to 9, that number will go way down & I'll just do it all over again, lol.

kattkrazie
08-09-16, 09:04 AM
I got the Palace to 10th.. got the 'Cosmo' Camel:eek: so cute but steering at me lol!
I'm also curious if side goals continue after.
The Palace gives 100Jewels at level10.

Hi Moon!! Yes, the side goal Beating the Sands is still available in my goal book. I didn't do that side challenge so I'm assuming it will stay there until the event is over.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-09-16, 09:06 AM
Yes, the special drops continue after upgrading the palace to level 10 because the 100 desert jewels I'm collecting every hour go towards the community prizes even though I'm done with the individual prizes. I put all my taverns and conservatories into storage because glass keeps dropping even though it has no purpose now. Same with ponds. Hoarders will love that the drops continue. Lol
No, I'm not talking about the jewels for the comm prizes ...I was talking about the upgrade materials from the OTHER sources. Those usually stop after the final upgrade so I was just confirming if that's still the case. Hmm.. Don't know if I'll take that chance cuz S8 may realize their mistake after reading these & pull those other drops since they really have no purpose beyond upgrading, except for crazies like me, Puffy & other hoarders, lol.

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 09:14 AM
Hmm.. Even after upgrading the palace to Lv 10, the taverns, marketplaces, conservatories & Old Tom still drop glass and the ponds still drop sand and Desert Nagas still spawn and still drop silk??

Yes.. ALL exactly as before.. also the Castle Journey still drops 2Silks.
We do need fragments even after 10th to make Jewels if we wish for the community prize
and we still don't know if there are side goals after part III.. so just maybe.. we do still need drops.

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-09-16, 09:18 AM
Yes.. ALL exactly as before.. also the Castle Journey still drops 2Silks.
We do need fragments even after 10th to make Jewels if we wish for the community prize
and we still don't know if there are side goals after part III.. so just maybe.. we do still need drops.
Good points, all. :)
I've still got a couple days before Lv 10 is in my sights anyway, was just curious...& will *try* to have more patience to just wait & see how it plays out in the next few days, especially after we get past the 25-adventure side goal, lol.
I can already tell tho, that this event is wayyyy too long. After nearly a month, we're all gonna be sick to death of glass and sand and silk 'n stuff, lol.

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 09:22 AM
No, I'm not talking about the jewels for the comm prizes ...I was talking about the upgrade materials from the OTHER sources. Those usually stop after the final upgrade so I was just confirming if that's still the case. Hmm.. Don't know if I'll take that chance cuz S8 may realize their mistake after reading these & pull those other drops since they really have no purpose beyond upgrading, except for crazies like me, Puffy & other hoarders, lol.

Well we all know now for sure that the counter goes above 999..;)
In order to hoard.. just don't take the chance, as what u said is true, and keep ur Palace at 9th :) until u're satisfied!

riverly
08-09-16, 09:46 AM
The glass drops are crazy!! I'm going to Plan B and sell conservatives and build taverns. As soon as I get more wheat!!
I mean conservatories. Lol.

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 10:35 AM
Well, lets see:
(G=Gems)
Tavern(3,200coins in Market, Town, 2x2) 8hr - 10 or 20 Glass (1.25 or 2.5 Glass per hour {min/max drop})
25 Wheat
Royal Beam(22G) x3=66G
Royal Block(22G) x3=66G
Super Glue(20G) x5=100G
232G, not including Wheat price

Conservatory(34,00coins in Market, Royal, 3x3) 2hr - 3 or 6 Glass (1.5 or 3 Glass per hour {min/max drop})
Fancy Beam(16G) x6=96G
Fancy Block(16G) x6=96G
Red Petal x15
Super Glue(20G) x4=80G
272G, not including Petal price

Market Place(2,000coins in Market, Town, 3x3) 22hr - 20 or 30 Glass (.91 or 1.36 Glass per hour {min/max drop})
Stone Block(10G) x4=40G
Wood Beam(10G) x4=40G
Simple Glue(12G) x3=36G
116G

The glass drops are crazy!! I'm going to Plan B and sell conservatives and build taverns. As soon as I get more wheat!!
I mean conservatories. Lol.

This was a real handy post.. (thanks Solientus) may help you decide which building drops less/more for you to decide which are best to keep, depending on your possible collection time. There's the minum and maximum drops all calculated. I would suggest you add taverns instead of selling. Taverns are TownBuildings and Conservatories are RoyalBuildings so won't be possible exchanging them. Keep them both.. more glass will be collected.

hexappeal
08-09-16, 11:39 AM
At this point, I'm wondering what the other Naga drops mean. The seaweed, the coral, the armour. I did check the hub prior to posting.
Is it typical for drops from one event to be used in the next?

MoonVillage3
08-09-16, 11:49 AM
I was wondering too.. long time I'm maxed on fins, seaweed, shell, armour and don't have any way to use them:confused:

riverly
08-09-16, 12:07 PM
Ok, I'll look at this a little closer. Thanks.

Britilina
08-09-16, 01:22 PM
Good points, all. :)
I've still got a couple days before Lv 10 is in my sights anyway, was just curious...& will *try* to have more patience to just wait & see how it plays out in the next few days, especially after we get past the 25-adventure side goal, lol.
I can already tell tho, that this event is wayyyy too long. After nearly a month, we're all gonna be sick to death of glass and sand and silk 'n stuff, lol.

I always love these kinds of events. My hubby gets annoyed if I spend $$ or too much time on stuff, and storybook events you have to stay glued to your device.

These community events give me plenty of time! 😄😍

Stymie52
08-09-16, 01:31 PM
At this point, I'm wondering what the other Naga drops mean. The seaweed, the coral, the armour. I did check the hub prior to posting.
Is it typical for drops from one event to be used in the next?
I wonder too. With all the coral reefs, ridges, and clusters, I could make a Great Barrier Reef.

dfmomcat
08-09-16, 01:32 PM
I was wondering too.. long time I'm maxed on fins, seaweed, shell, armour and don't have any way to use them:confused:

Hmm...purple cow hides from the purple cow. Never used those even though I've been maxxed for a couple years.
My advice is don't wonder, just keep slaying the desert Nagas for the event goodies and let the sea stuff accumulate.

��

zoroak
08-09-16, 01:40 PM
This event is definitely doable without having to set alarms in the middle of the night or skive off during loo breaks at work to get on castle story! That having said, my poor villagers in my kingdom are having to sell their cottages to fund their drinking and they seem to be falling into the 20 ponds while on a pub crawl frequenting the 13 taverns! Alas due to inebriation and low attendance (and space issues), 2 cathedrals were closed (stored)! ;) :p :rolleyes:

Stymie52
08-09-16, 01:58 PM
This event is definitely doable without having to set alarms in the middle of the night or skive off during loo breaks at work to get on castle story! That having said, my poor villagers in my kingdom are having to sell their cottages to fund their drinking and they seem to be falling into the 20 ponds while on a pub crawl frequenting the 13 taverns! Alas due to inebriation and low attendance (and space issues), 2 cathedrals were closed (stored)! ;) :p :rolleyes:
Very doable. I just added three more ponds and one more tavern. The villagers do seem very tipsy. I also put away one cathedral. When the villagers hit rock bottom, we will have to put out the church buildings to offer them hope and comfort.

aurora171
08-09-16, 03:04 PM
Religiously collect from lots of ponds. They will add up quickly. I get a sand from most of my pond collections.

Oooooo thank you! I've been chopping rocks with little success, out come the ponds then!

jessiefromshimerville
08-09-16, 03:52 PM
Oooooo thank you! I've been chopping rocks with little success, out come the ponds then!
Ponds also drop jewel fragments ... Ponds are a must

hexappeal
08-09-16, 05:05 PM
@moon. I've never had my purple cow drop a purple hide. But alas, my cow is relatively new. Ok..so..i won't ask questions or speculate and take your tenuered advice.
Although, those coral drops are amazing.
@Zoroak..your funny post made my day.
I don't believe my young ruler imbibes with the rest of my Queendom.
Today was very productive. I've leveled up the castle to 7 and obtained my 3 desert traps.
I'm gonna try switching from ponds to rocks as I've recently had better luck with only a few chops.
Perhaps my ponds need time to restock

bald1e
08-09-16, 05:14 PM

Lol I spat my coffee out reading your comment.
On a site note I'm liking this event and like that you can take your time rather than having to set my alarm for every hour. :(

ktorewqas
08-09-16, 05:57 PM
This event is definitely doable without having to set alarms in the middle of the night or skive off during loo breaks at work to get on castle story! That having said, my poor villagers in my kingdom are having to sell their cottages to fund their drinking and they seem to be falling into the 20 ponds while on a pub crawl frequenting the 13 taverns! Alas due to inebriation and low attendance (and space issues), 2 cathedrals were closed (stored)! ;) :p :rolleyes::D:D:D the vivid scene of the drunk people everywhere doing nothing but drinking ... Too funny

etchedintime
08-09-16, 07:04 PM
Hi how do you get so many taverns it won't let me buy anymore , what did you have to sell to do this plez

29vanilla
08-09-16, 07:05 PM
I wonder too. With all the coral reefs, ridges, and clusters, I could make a Great Barrier Reef.

I finally got 2 coral reefs on my second account. Happy to see that monstrous image on my screen:) But sadly not one reef on my main account. Hoping for more beast battles. This game is soooo random!

29vanilla
08-09-16, 07:09 PM
Hi how do you get so many taverns it won't let me buy anymore , what did you have to sell to do this plez

I sold a few farm houses. Others are selling cottages. Basically, you need to pick a building to sell from your "town" building category and sell then you can purchase another town building. There's a lot more info in this thread and on the hub.

ashley224
08-09-16, 07:52 PM

If possible, sell the lower level buildings of the type you decide to sell,

ashley224
08-09-16, 08:53 PM
Has anyone completed Beating the Sands of Time, Part 3? Curious what the rewards are. It will be close for me. Don't know if I'll make it. Sent out a full day adventure just before it triggered and travelling right now. Also wondering if there is a Part 4.

netwiz3
08-09-16, 08:59 PM
Has anyone completed Beating the Sands of Time, Part 3? Curious what the rewards are. It will be close for me. Don't know if I'll make it. Sent out a full day adventure just before it triggered and travelling right now. Also wondering if there is a Part 4.

I have. The rewards are 50 Glass, 15 Sand, 10 Silk. There doesn't appear to be a part 4.

ashley224
08-09-16, 09:19 PM
I have. The rewards are 50 Glass, 15 Sand, 10 Silk. There doesn't appear to be a part 4.

Thank you

AnisWa
08-09-16, 09:21 PM
Thank you! Great mind images! I prefer ponds over chopping rocks. Rocks are not producing anything but minerals...looks like I'll be putting my Catheral in storage to make room for the Taverns! Lol

AnisWa
08-09-16, 10:33 PM
I finally reached 1800 for the individual prize....you receive 3 desert traps. If you chop them, the Desert Naga pops up for you to slay.

Chaotarch
08-10-16, 03:08 AM
LOL!!

lolol, no, short of glass:rolleyes: only 12 taverns and old thomas....

slaying nagas like a maniac, cuz of coralcollecting:cool::o

... the secret is simply energy...

Solientus
08-10-16, 04:46 AM
Hi question about the timed quests, let's say the six day timed side quest....do you have a full six days to complete it from when you triggered it...or do u have the remainder of the "castle story" day then a further five days (hope that makes sense).

I didn't see if anyone had responded to this. When I went to bed I'm pretty sure it was at 4 days left, then when I woke up this morning it was down to 3. So I want to say it goes by CS "days". I'll keep a closer eye on it today and update incase anyone else was wondering too.

Jennerwein1
08-10-16, 05:54 AM
Does anyone know what the Desert Dromedary ( only has one hump, is one of the 2 subspecies of camel) drops?
It is sooo cute and animated!!! The palace is gorgeous. Great job S8! Love this event. Collecting like crazy, because I will have limited internet next week, and I want it all!

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 06:05 AM

Conclusion:
With this info I'll go real slow (if doing any at all) on the castle Journey.. not worth the returns since I've already upleveled Palace to 10th. SideGoal III has been reported to be the last.. so PalaceJourney quest will disappear by itself.
So.. that leaves me with only Collecting the 100Jewels from the Palace for the community prize per hour.

Happily I'll store the: 11Conservatories, 18Taverns, 4MarketPlaces and 28Ponds.. leaving some space for the little people to move around and have back their homes :eek: They didn't mind camping out under the stars with all the Taverns open 24hrs a day.. was a real holiday:rolleyes:
I will leave some extra ponds out so I can trigger Naga as he's still here and collect some more of that beautiful coral he drops now and then.. it's sooo pretty.

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 06:08 AM
Does anyone know what the Desert Dromedary ( only has one hump, is one of the 2 subspecies of camel) drops?
It is sooo cute and animated!!! The palace is gorgeous. Great job S8! Love this event. Collecting like crazy, because I will have limited internet next week, and I want it all!

He dropped: wool, coins, xp for me.. and has a 22hr timer.

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 06:14 AM
Intresting fact: the Royal Naga dropped 5energy:D

zyfazix
08-10-16, 06:34 AM
Is there any info about the required number for the Community prizes? The first prize unlocks at 100 million jewels but no info yet about 2nd and 3rd prize.

Extra info for post 1: After unlocking more Magic Carpets can be bought in the market for 100 gems each (that's a lot for a deco tbh)

Jennerwein1
08-10-16, 06:57 AM
He dropped: wool, coins, xp for me.. and has a 22hr timer.

Thank you. Good thing he is cute!

Emerald8x
08-10-16, 07:22 AM
I finally reached the 8000 bags of gems to get the genie. A note popped saying to check my inventory. Unlike prior prizes like the carpet and the lamp, there is no genie in my inventory. Has this happened to anyone?

Emerald8x
08-10-16, 07:25 AM
Never mind... I closed the apps and reopened it, and there she is floating

purpledaisy1511
08-10-16, 07:58 AM
LOL!!

What's your secret on collecting glass??
Fine with sand and silk but need glass!!!

peachtreeshoppe
08-10-16, 08:28 AM
Is there any info about the required number for the Community prizes? The first prize unlocks at 100 million jewels but no info yet about 2nd and 3rd prize.

Extra info for post 1: After unlocking more Magic Carpets can be bought in the market for 100 gems each (that's a lot for a deco tbh)

I have always been surprised in past events how it'll be 50 or 60% on the last community prize with just four or five days left on the challenge and it was always accomplished. I think the fact that it's such high collection numbers at the end makes it doable when it appears ridiculous.

Stymie52
08-10-16, 09:18 AM

I am very pleased with how we are able to progress through this event. I have 3 market places, 4 conservatories, and 5 taverns, as well as Old Thomas' house which also drops desert glass. I just collected from almost all and got 137 desert glass. I am in level 8 and possibly tomorrow (definitely the next day) I will level up in the palace.
I am collecting often, but not making myself crazy. So keep plugging away. All of a sudden, you will be a lot further along than you thought you would be.
Love all the prizes in this event. Can't wait to get the camel!

flowerqueen007
08-10-16, 11:31 AM
What a boring event, I guess there is no update tomorrow?

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 12:01 PM
Great event! well planned, well designed with hardly any problems.. materials are all over the place you just have to keep collecting to reach ur goal.
I'm dying to get Zabri.. can't wait but still have a couple more days to collect. I try not to miss any jewel collection to hurry up.

On admiring the camel, there's one little tiny thing he should do to be perfect.. blink his eyes, just like Mr Piggy and the other pets.
Thanks S8 team

NorthWoodsKingdom
08-10-16, 12:59 PM
Hey, cute username. :)
No secret really ... I have:
- 4 taverns (drops 10 or 20 glass) that I collect 3x/day
- 6 marketplaces (drops 20 or 30 glass) that I collect once/day
- 13 conservatories (drops 3 or 6 glass) & Old Tom (drops 5 or 10 glass) that I collect 8-10x/day

If you have multiple buildings out that drop the glass and collect from em a lot, it adds up pretty quick. G'luck! :cool:

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 01:27 PM
What a boring event, I guess there is no update tomorrow?

There's a post from PikaSquirrel, Storm8 Staff, on Sneek & Peek saying... "No update tomorrow (8/11) as the Desert Nights event is still going on"

Solientus
08-10-16, 01:40 PM
Beating the Sands of Time Pt.III - End Convo
"It's a good thing you exterminated those beasts! How else was I supposed to bask outside my beautiful palace?"

*Info for 1st pg

Triple confirming no Pt IV. Side goal has not popped.

flowerqueen007
08-10-16, 02:32 PM
My feedback

This event was far too easy, with very little variation, myself and a lot, in fact most, of my neighbours have finished without spending a gem and now face 20 days with nothing to do except watch the olympics.

AngieA67
08-10-16, 03:38 PM
I disagree! After the last few timed goals it's nice to have one that doesn't **** us! Thank you Storm8 for a fun challenge that is also DOABLE!!

Sheeba8188
08-10-16, 03:46 PM
I have 10 market places, 10 conservatories, OTs house and just 1 tavern n that is more than sufficient fir steady glass requirements gotten to Level 8 also for sand problems once you have the required silk for next upgrade park a Naga somewhere and collect from 40 ponds on a full energy recharge I have only done rocks once and that was only for the purpose of beating the sands of time quest I think.

For those who are looking for a use for excess water I am using this as a chance to use all my petals currently in storage to max the dyes in potion shop. Once that's complete i probably move onto transformation tonic.

I have completed a few belladonna trades with growing dark plants in greenhouse with abundance of fertiliser, water and dark seeds.

If run out of dark seeds you can always use the blue fish and seeds to craft bait currently sitting at 125 regular bait and 99 super bait. Hopefully sometime will get round to crafting the nets and rods lol

peachtreeshoppe
08-10-16, 03:47 PM
My feedback

This event was far too easy, with very little variation, myself and a lot, in fact most, of my neighbours have finished without spending a gem and now face 20 days with nothing to do except watch the olympics.

I disagree. I do not think it was incredibly easy and it did require a bit of strategy in how to accomplish the tasks. Once you found your strategy it is repetitive, but I think all of the quests are. That's the game.

I appreciate that there were buildings of different types and collection lengths to get the same item. People who can collect 8X a day from conservatories, have at it. I can do taverns 2x a day, markets every day, and conservatories 3-5 times a day depending on my day. This made me think about which buildings I want to use etc and how many I need of each.

One factor that I believe could have been added to improve would be a use for excess water, seeds, and the fish. It would have been nice to use these things for either a temporary trade to get trade tickets, or to get a 10 energy crate that we could store for monster hunts, or maybe something to go on a new adventure.

I also appreciate the fact that it is longer as an overall challenge. Lots of folks go on vacation or have life events that mean they have to skip 3-7 or more days of a challenge. The long length enables people to do it without being tied to the game. People who want to finish quickly or enjoy checking in every 2 hours can, but I doubt that is the majority of the players. Maybe the majority of the forum members, but players of the game in general - I doubt it.

BiggerBubbles
08-10-16, 03:47 PM
I disagree! After the last few timed goals it's nice to have one that doesn't **** us! Thank you Storm8 for a fun challenge that is also DOABLE!!

I absolutely agree with you. I'm only on lvl 8 so still a way to go. This update has been a pleasure to take part in. I love having down time to get on with stuff in real life. Even the lower lvls will probably manage this. Although I do think S8 should have had a different name, it will be a bit confusing, still it's not like we talk to them!

peachtreeshoppe
08-10-16, 03:57 PM
For those who are looking for a use for excess water I am using this as a chance to use all my petals currently in storage to max the dyes in potion shop. Once that's complete i probably move onto transformation tonic.

I have completed a few belladonna trades with growing dark plants in greenhouse with abundance of fertiliser, water and dark seeds.

If run out of dark seeds you can always use the blue fish and seeds to craft bait currently sitting at 125 regular bait and 99 super bait. Hopefully sometime will get round to crafting the nets and rods lol

I am also making tons of bait. Used up most of my glimmer shards and fragments to make dark seeds so can now do just once a day or so when I collect from the gate if I have some extra energy. I am maxed on purple potion (thanks cow) but am doing the others, too. Also making tons of breaded fish since I had conveniently stocked up on bread a few weeks ago. Made a few simple feasts but low on corn and bacon to make grits.

PrincessCupOButter
08-10-16, 04:19 PM
Just chiming in with my feedback on this one.

I agree that it was fairly easy, but as others have stated, I'm grateful for that after the last several events that were quite stressful and time consuming. It has been nice to have something low key for a change. And personally, I feel it shows here in the forum. The posts are much more light-hearted and the 'stories' from the contributors have been a treat to read! I love seeing the wonderful imaginations that first attracted me to the forums. :)

I also agree that it would have been nice to have something to do with all the extra water, fish, stone, seeds, fertilizer etc. A temporary (or permanent!) new trade in the royal exchange and/or new crafts would have been awesome! I'm a fan of crafting along with the collecting.

I did spend a few gems early on, speeding up the taverns to get them synced up, since I put them out at different times. But I am very grateful that this one didn't make me feel like I 'had to' use gems to get ahead. I think the offer to purchase extras of the prizes is a great way to encourage gem use, without frustrating players.

I am 61 pieces of glass away from level 10 and a few days away from Zabrina , so I'll probably be bored soon, but I'm still happy with this event overall. Well done S8.

Solientus
08-10-16, 05:07 PM
Just chiming in with my feedback on this one. .. It has been nice to have something low key for a change...The posts are much more light-hearted and the 'stories' from the contributors have been a treat to read! I love seeing the wonderful imaginations that first attracted me to the forums. :)

I also agree that it would have been nice to have something to do with all the extra water, fish, stone, seeds, fertilizer etc. A temporary (or permanent!) new trade in the royal exchange and/or new crafts would have been awesome! I'm a fan of crafting along with the collecting.
Event after event, I read your posts and you always manage to say the exact right things (even though I have a bad habit of hacking up people's quotes to try and avoid any wall-o-textyness!)
I'm here to agree with pretty much everything.

I can see how it might been boring or drawn out if you're a higher level and maxed on all things, but overall, I found this event to be just enough challenge for me. I still had to build extra things and it looks like my Inventory up chucked all over my kingdom but I'll be done in a few days and I can relax for 2 weeks and just do my regular goals.

Luckily these events have been lining up with my regular goals like the Grand Migration -> I was working on making my sword of Darkness and hatching my first dragon egg. So as much as I didn't like smashing all those rocks, I definitely needed the mats. This event, because of the extra Conservatorys, I've finally finished making my last Grooming mitt thing for Sir Daisy and I'm glad that's done with now!

I made a post in the Suggestions thread about things you mentioned PrinCoB. About deco dropping from the Adventure or having different Trades available or what have you. I didn't know if it made a difference where things were posted.

Anyways, once again big thanks to those who gave us a heads up on things and offered helpful tips/suggestions for us (this event...every event). I hope everyone enjoys the rest of it - whether it takes you a couple days or the 26, have fun!

**Sticky point** Wording, wording, wording! I hope for the next event we'll get all the "Have" and "Collect" business squirreled away proper :P

BahSunFarms
08-10-16, 05:08 PM
This event is enjoyable so far. I'll be level 7 by tomorrow and earning the camel by Friday. I'm happy I'll be able to finish this soon and welcome Zabrina into my kingdom. I failed the last two events and missed out on the griffin and satyr (sp?) due to timing.

purpledaisy1511
08-10-16, 05:37 PM
I am very pleased with how we are able to progress through this event. I have 3 market places, 4 conservatories, and 5 taverns, as well as Old Thomas' house which also drops desert glass. I just collected from almost all and got 137 desert glass. I am in level 8 and possibly tomorrow (definitely the next day) I will level up in the palace.
I am collecting often, but not making myself crazy. So keep plugging away. All of a sudden, you will be a lot further along than you thought you would be.
Love all the prizes in this event. Can't wait to get the camel!

Thanks! 😊

purpledaisy1511
08-10-16, 05:38 PM
Hey, cute username. :)
No secret really ... I have:
- 4 taverns (drops 10 or 20 glass) that I collect 3x/day
- 6 marketplaces (drops 20 or 30 glass) that I collect once/day
- 13 conservatories (drops 3 or 6 glass) & Old Tom (drops 5 or 10 glass) that I collect 8-10x/day

If you have multiple buildings out that drop the glass and collect from em a lot, it adds up pretty quick. G'luck! :cool:

Thanks! 😊

udittara
08-10-16, 07:07 PM
After what point is it safe to craft the the jewels in the magic forge ?
I'm way behind and this seems like the O my way to catch up

pdubs08
08-10-16, 07:07 PM
I like the adventure but it is taking so long to get enough sand to fulfill the levels I'm losing interest.

comeseecomesah
08-10-16, 07:17 PM
I disagree. I do not think it was incredibly easy and it did require a bit of strategy in how to accomplish the tasks. Once you found your strategy it is repetitive, but I think all of the quests are. That's the game.

I appreciate that there were buildings of different types and collection lengths to get the same item. People who can collect 8X a day from conservatories, have at it. I can do taverns 2x a day, markets every day, and conservatories 3-5 times a day depending on my day. This made me think about which buildings I want to use etc and how many I need of each.

One factor that I believe could have been added to improve would be a use for excess water, seeds, and the fish. It would have been nice to use these things for either a temporary trade to get trade tickets, or to get a 10 energy crate that we could store for monster hunts, or maybe something to go on a new adventure.

I also appreciate the fact that it is longer as an overall challenge. Lots of folks go on vacation or have life events that mean they have to skip 3-7 or more days of a challenge. The long length enables people to do it without being tied to the game. People who want to finish quickly or enjoy checking in every 2 hours can, but I doubt that is the majority of the players. Maybe the majority of the forum members, but players of the game in general - I doubt it.Yes I agree with you there! Also gives lower levelled players a good chance. I have recently taken over a low lvl Kingdom and I'd forgotten how hard it is to get things done with little resourses. I'm so used to being a millionaire in my big Kingdom haha. There are so many players with different lifestyles, and not all can play all day long.It would be sad for them not to have the chance to get the rewards from this event.
This event makes a grrreat change from the last few. Ppl saying it was quick, well it was for them.
Beware saying it's easy because before ya know it SOMEONE may take us back to impossible events, and you know what we thought of them huh!

Stymie52
08-10-16, 07:46 PM
After what point is it safe to craft the the jewels in the magic forge ?
I'm way behind and this seems like the O my way to catch up

After Beating the Sands of Time Part 2, there is no further requirement for the jewel fragments. I am almost to Palace Level 9 and just started converting the fragments into jewels in the forge.

littleonesmum
08-10-16, 07:50 PM
I failed to reach the end of the last two timed events, due to my gameplay habits, which are to play twice daily, sometimes three times. I do occasionally gem-speed to catch up. This time I've managed to achieve a level 9 desert palace at this stage, mostly due to having built a heap of relevant buildings: 7 taverns, 8 marketplaces and 10 conservatories. The goal feels within reach this time and I'm motivated to plug away. The desert sand is my shortage, haven't found rocks to be a great source (have tried normal rocks - the big ones - and iron-rich rock) so just do a round of my 17 ponds each time... Slow-going for sand though.

oliverrr11
08-10-16, 07:54 PM
If possible, sell the lower level buildings of the type you decide to sell,

Clear as mud.

tigarlilyvol
08-10-16, 08:02 PM
Clear as mud.

If you decide to sell cottages make sure to sell the lower level cottage (level 1 if possible) instead of say a level 5 cottage. Same with farmhouse if you have a lower level farmhouse. Always sell lowest level first, easier to rebuild if you need to buy back during another quest

oliverrr11
08-10-16, 08:08 PM
If you decide to sell cottages make sure to sell the lower level cottage (level 1 if possible) instead of say a level 5 cottage. Same with farmhouse if you have a lower level farmhouse. Always sell lowest level first, easier to rebuild if you need to buy back during another quest

Lol! I didn't post that for a clarification for me. Was just a comment as to what I thought was a very vague answer as to what to sell to build more. Now that I look at it again, it actually does make some sense by itself. I think. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't drink and post?? �� Thanks, though!

RevdKathy
08-10-16, 09:17 PM
Can I echo the voices saying this event has been just right! I have far too much real life (work, housework, caring responsibility etc) to enjoy events that are high pressure. This one has been truly fun. I'm still only on level 6, nearly 7, but I'm still hopeful of making it in the time. I go on holiday/hospital-visit for a week today, which may make it harder to get to... And I'm feeling it will be nice to have a game to play, rather than a chore to complete.

Like others, I'm still working on story quests too, and this has allowed me to make a little progress there. Thank you!

undead30k
08-10-16, 09:30 PM
Only complaint I have about this event, is that there were only decorations for the prizes. It would have been nice if they gave us something that had drops

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 09:36 PM
My feedback

This event, to my opinion, was easy and doable only to those who know their game well in order to:
Choose what buildings to sell in order to know what to buy and how many of each, not being afraid to place more and having a well stocked inventory in order to buy&build missing buildings.
Organizing talents was a main factor in order to choose what was the right building to place depending on personal playtime, so as to obtain max returns.
The materials requested were many!!! and energy is counted as usual.. so everything had to be calculated to fulfill the different material requests as u went along.
It made u plan, think, change, add more to collect enough, to have patience.. and was not just a simple tapping process. Making the right plans it was then easy and did not require gems to get along, which is appreciated by many.
This time.. it is clear all collections were calculated by the developers, so was possible to move along, in the right direction, without meeting impossibilities.
This was a well-planned event and the main prizes were thrilling to obtain.. which is pleasing in events.

MoonVillage3
08-10-16, 09:43 PM
Only complaint I have about this event, is that there were only decorations for the prizes. It would have been nice if they gave us something that had drops

The Palace will have drops and the camel drops too.. and of course our beautiful Zabrina even if has no drops is a rare pleasure to have in our kingdoms.
I'm still on my way to finally have her;)

riverly
08-10-16, 10:15 PM
I certainly had to change my strategy a couple of times. Kept all my conservatories out, built more taverns, and pulled all of my marketplaces out of storage. It has made a huuuge difference and I have more even drops. Less stress and not having to stay glued to the game in order to obtain the goals. The palace is nice and I like the camelot

I mean camel a lot.

oliverrr11
08-10-16, 10:42 PM
I certainly had to change my strategy a couple of times. Kept all my conservatories out, built more taverns, and pulled all of my marketplaces out of storage. It has made a huuuge difference and I have more even drops. Less stress and not having to stay glued to the game in order to obtain the goals. The palace is nice and I like the camelot

I mean camel a lot.

Yeah, camel seems like it will be cool to have. At level 8, so not quite there yet. But when I get it, I decided it will be a female, and I will name her Toe.

kattkrazie
08-10-16, 10:46 PM
Yeah, camel seems like it will be cool to have. At level 8, so not quite there yet. But when I get it, I decided it will be a female camel, and I will name her Toe.

You're sooooooooooooo bad. Lol

DrP4ever
08-10-16, 11:03 PM
I'm still way back, just got 700 jewels, level 5 of my tent thing. Some of you are so speedy! I only play wifi a couple times a day though.

riverly
08-10-16, 11:30 PM
Yeah, camel seems like it will be cool to have. At level 8, so not quite there yet. But when I get it, I decided it will be a female, and I will name her Toe.i guess I will name him Joe. Not very original, but pretty cool.
Joe Cool- has a nice ring to it-
I would name him Joe Camel, but he's got a bad reputation.

Mikachernova
08-10-16, 11:51 PM
Magic lamp is decoration and camel dropped water and wool. The best strategy for me to move fast in this quest is to collect from ponds (they give on each collection desert sand, also very often nagas and fragments) . Collect glass from adventures, build as much as possible markets and taverns, also some conservatories.

Sandybellee
08-11-16, 12:41 AM
I agree that this event has been excellently planned and is just right! It's so lovely not to have to be glued to my phone and feel pressured. And especially not having to use every single energy on the event. So refreshing! I'm on level 8 now so there is yet quite a way to go with the palace and especially with Zabrina.

I'm already planning a section for the palace and all the desert stuff on my board - it will be so lovely when I have enough room for it all! I wish we could have a desert naga pet!

Speaking of desert naga - where are they getting all this coral in the desert? They are very generous with it! :)

zoroak
08-11-16, 03:51 AM
Ruler of my kingdom has despaired at the state of her villagers imbibing alcohol at the numerous taverns and falling drunk into ponds. Having achieved a suitably constructed level 10 palace from dredging sand from ponds, robbing Nagas of their silk coats and recycling glass from wine/beer bottles in taverns, conservatories and buying yet more from Thomas and the marketplaces, she has decreed a new detox and fitness regime for her serfs. Out with the taverns and ponds and in with amphitheatres (gladiatorial sports are highly encouraged!) and also cathedral attendance is now compulsory. To sweeten the deal, she has also introduced free entertainment with numerous theatres and many public monuments/parks (i.e. Useless decorative items) have been built and that should score some (Royal) points with her subjects. However to appease the high maintenance Princess Zabs, she still has a long while to go to accrue sufficient jewels to entice Princes Zabs to her palace! :p

A big thank you to all the other rulers who have paid with gems to their villagers in order to speed up their constructions so we have a heads up with the requirements. When our community of rulers finally receive shipment of stone for the walls, towers and gates, I'll make sure that Humpy Dumpy (camel) is as far away from the walls as possible!

MoonVillage3
08-11-16, 04:00 AM
..... Speaking of desert naga - where are they getting all this coral in the desert? They are very generous with it! :)

an idea where Naga comes from would be from his kingdom under the sea.. the reason he continuously gives corals. there are many stories and myths about Naga.. in many different countries.

ktorewqas
08-11-16, 04:10 AM
Ruler of my kingdom has despaired at the state of her villagers imbibing alcohol at the numerous taverns and falling drunk into ponds. Having achieved a suitably constructed level 10 palace from dredging sand from ponds, robbing Nagas of their silk coats and recycling glass from wine/beer bottles in taverns, conservatories and buying yet more from Thomas and the marketplaces, she has decreed a new detox and fitness regime for her serfs. Out with the taverns and ponds and in with amphitheatres (gladiatorial sports are highly encouraged!) and also cathedral attendance is now compulsory. To sweeten the deal, she has also introduced free entertainment with numerous theatres and many public monuments/parks (i.e. Useless decorative items) have been built and that should score some (Royal) points with her subjects. However to appease the high maintenance Princess Zabs, she still has a long while to go to accrue sufficient jewels to entice Princes Zabs to her palace! :p

A big thank you to all the other rulers who have paid with gems to their villagers in order to speed up their constructions so we have a heads up with the requirements. When our community of rulers finally receive shipment of stone for the walls, towers and gates, I'll make sure that Humpy Dumpy (camel) is as far away from the walls as possible!congrats! You are a very fine ruler :D perhaps enhance an alcohol forbidden law lol

BufftonHeights
08-11-16, 05:52 AM
My Castle Knights are exhausted from 19 straight trips to the desert. They took a quick break and stopped in for a brew at the Knights Hall, and the Barracks Knights mocked them by showing off all the faerie and enchanted building supplies they had brought back on their last two adventures. Sadly, the Castle Knights trudged back to the desert for their last six trips. They wished they already had their camel since they are soooo thirsty in the desert. ;)

Stymie52
08-11-16, 06:13 AM
My knights have finished their trips to the desert. They have be*** their adventures in search of the ever elusive alicorn wing, as the kingdom is sadly lacking in these magnificent creatures.

eagles615
08-11-16, 06:34 AM
Where do we get the Desert Jewels Bundle? Says to chop 1x for 200 jewels. Thank you

PrincessCupOButter
08-11-16, 06:37 AM
Where do we get the Desert Jewels Bundle? Says to chop 1x for 200 jewels. Thank you

It was only available in a value pack bundle offered at the beginning of the event. :-(

velociraptor2
08-11-16, 08:33 AM
This requires huge amounts of Desert Glass.
Clearly impossible.
On level 7 and still need 600. Then the next level is 800 then 950.
If I may suggest, at each level, we don't lose the glass and start over.
Please look into this
Regards
Melissa

cyndora
08-11-16, 09:00 AM
congrats! You are a very fine ruler :D perhaps enhance an alcohol forbidden law lol

i dont agree with that, lol and will be on the next carriage ride too the neighboring kingdom! lol

PinkEquinox
08-11-16, 09:13 AM
Clearly impossible.
If I may suggest, at each level, we don't lose the glass and start over.
Please look into this
Regards
Melissa

Not impossible. At level 7 you've already collected over 1500 glass since last Thursday. That leaves 2300 or so to finish upgrading and you still have 19 days left to do so.

gracelinda
08-11-16, 09:15 AM
Can someone pls tell me what items we get for journey to the desert quest that is 3 hours long? I just need the sand to level my castle to 10. Was wondering if there is any benefit to still doing the 3 hour quest.

PinkEquinox
08-11-16, 09:20 AM
Can someone pls tell me what items we get for journey to the desert quest that is 3 hours long? I just need the sand to level my castle to 10. Was wondering if there is any benefit to still doing the 3 hour quest.

You only get 2 or 4 silk and sometimes a fragment.

gracelinda
08-11-16, 09:24 AM
Ty. Will do other adventures. Too bad it doesn't give desert jewels. Will be hunting for bandits with all the extra swords.

Solientus
08-11-16, 09:28 AM
Clearly impossible.
If I may suggest, at each level, we don't lose the glass and start over....

Not impossible. At level 7 you've already collected over 1500 glass since last Thursday. That leaves 2300 or so to finish upgrading and you still have 19 days left to do so.
Yes! It's totally doable with over 2 weeks to go!

-For a lower leveled ruler the prizes are fantastic and with the amount of time given, I think, well worth the time spent.
The Camel (as the final prize of A Desert Flower) is a source of wool which is great starting out. Sometimes Stables don't provide enough and this will save you 35 Gems vs. buying a sheep in the Market. Even if you already have a sheep this is a nice supplement income.
-The level 10 Palace will be a source of Swords, Boar Pelts, and Gold nuggets! Who knows how rare the drops will be, but I think these are great/useful possible drops.

On top of all that, all the Deco items are icing on the cake. Walls, Paths, Gates...time consuming but a very relaxed pace to get all these benefits!

Jamdraak
08-11-16, 10:41 AM
Magic lamp is decoration and camel dropped water and wool. The best strategy for me to move fast in this quest is to collect from ponds (they give on each collection desert sand, also very often nagas and fragments) . Collect glass from adventures, build as much as possible markets and taverns, also some conservatories.

How do you get glass from adventures? I only get 2 or 4 silk?

peachtreeshoppe
08-11-16, 11:11 AM
How do you get glass from adventures? I only get 2 or 4 silk?

Must be a typo. You can't. Silk and occasionally jewel fragments for the forge.

msmorg
08-11-16, 12:29 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Faerie Alicorn that's being offered in a bundle has energy drops and if so how often or is it just a decoration?

Solientus
08-11-16, 12:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Faerie Alicorn that's being offered in a bundle has energy drops and if so how often or is it just a decoration?
You can check Sales & Special Offers (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92208-New-sales-amp-special-offers-new-main-thread-for-sales-etc) thread for all the latest infos :)
Starts on post #216 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92208-New-sales-amp-special-offers-new-main-thread-for-sales-etc&p=1330876&viewfull=1#post1330876).

PrincessCupOButter
08-11-16, 12:56 PM
Yay! I made it to level 10 and 'Sally' the camel has arrived! I love her EXCEPT for the fact that she can't blink. Her poor eyes must be so dry. :(
She appears to have been hypnotized or mesmerized....possibly from watching the snake charmer too long? :confused:
S8, please consider tweaking the animation and let that poor camel blink? Thanks!

riverly
08-11-16, 01:48 PM
Any reason for Sally as the name? Just curious.

PrincessCupOButter
08-11-16, 02:17 PM
Any reason for Sally as the name? Just curious.

Lol! "Sally the Camel" It's an earworm song from a certain children's television show that drove parents crazy. (And might be still, but mine are all grown now so I don't have to watch it anymore!) Not naming names but there was a certain purple dinosaur involved. ;-)
My kids used to watch it faithfully.

nessa005
08-11-16, 02:25 PM
Lol! "Sally the Camel" It's an earworm song from a certain children's television show that drove parents crazy. (And might be still, but mine are all grown now so I don't have to watch it anymore!) Not naming names but there was a certain purple dinosaur involved. ;-)
My kids used to watch it faithfully.

As soon as I read her name I had flashbacks! As a retired primary teacher I have songs in my head that will never go away and Sally just did it to me again. I'm trying to hum Bringing Home a Baby Bumblee Bee to see if that will scare Sally away.

riverly
08-11-16, 02:50 PM
Mine outgrew that just in time!!! Too funny!!!

Serenity9914
08-11-16, 03:18 PM
This again is unatainable!! You want us to rate you good but have been making these challenges unattainable!! The buildings you get the desert glass from don't give often enough so reaching the amount needed to upgrade is not attainable. If you want people to play then you have to make it something that is reachable. This is a JOKE!!!!