PDA

View Full Version : Ares/Poseidon dragons (Leaves August 9)

Burrymillz
08-02-16, 01:58 PM
Didn't notice on the pop up are these permanent dragons in the market and for a limited time on sale or are they just a limited time dragon that will be taken out of the market in the next few weeks?

Jrod333
08-02-16, 03:00 PM
Didn't notice on the pop up are these permanent dragons in the market and for a limited time on sale or are they just a limited time dragon that will be taken out of the market in the next few weeks?

Awesome, finally got my Ares. Thanks TL. No aphrodite?

belarica
08-02-16, 03:16 PM
Awesome, finally got my Ares. Thanks TL. No aphrodite?

I would wait until Friday. It'll probably be a value pack dragon.

RhodryMaelwaedd
08-02-16, 03:47 PM
Are they also breedable during this period or can they only be bought?

Burrymillz
08-02-16, 04:18 PM
I did see it said breedable now just want to know if there permanent or not...

Waiting patiently for a response from storm8.......

Niire
08-02-16, 05:19 PM
They more than likely will not be permanent, same as the flower dragons during spring etc. Not official word, but I'd start doing what I am doing and try like heck to get it. <3

I am happy to have something to breed for, I have wanted ares since I saw it the first time. :) Good luck all, and grats to those lucky enough to score already! :)

hungryres
08-02-16, 08:54 PM
just put olympus and air into breeding den, bam... 9 hours.
is it safe to assume i got ares?

it would be great to get this, i got firestorm after firestorms as i was trying for scorpion for days... (also not helping me in getting leadership event points either as firestorm is just common)

FireballFarm
08-02-16, 11:25 PM
just put olympus and air into breeding den, bam... 9 hours.
is it safe to assume i got ares?

it would be great to get this, i got firestorm after firestorms as i was trying for scorpion for days... (also not helping me in getting leadership event points either as firestorm is just common)

Ares is the only possible 9-hour outcome for the Air X Olympus. Congrats!

FireballFarm
08-02-16, 11:40 PM
Aaaa! I want Poseidon, but have still never bought the Olympus Dragon or the habitat. I'm not a fan of the look of the Olympus Dragon, but I know I will have to buy it eventually if I ever want the gorgeous Nyx or this super cool Poseidon. And I do want them! This relisting may be my breaking point. It will probably be a very long time before Poseidon is offered again. It's those long green arms with their smattering of feathers on Olympus that freak me the heck out. And the crawling movement. It gives me the heebie-jeebies when I see it out on visits, lol!

Jrod333
08-03-16, 05:53 AM
I would wait until Friday. It'll probably be a value pack dragon.

Hahaha. Awesome. So true. I haven't been able to buy a value pack in so long because they just keep re-releasing releases of re-released lol. Maybe if they had more of the dragons never released to android I could. I think there's about 20 champion type dragons we haven't ever seen, 4 pyramid types & habitat, 3 soccer types & habitat, and first mining dragons, Magma, platinum, Gargoyle, plus magnetic and steempunk.

Hawk1
08-03-16, 06:47 AM
2 Apollo's in a row, betting the next one will be Apollo too. :(

roguebee
08-03-16, 06:49 AM
I was lucky and bred Poseidon on my first try. Used Mercury and Olympus. Now to try for Ares.

Burrymillz
08-03-16, 10:41 AM
Pop up says leaves Aug 9th thanks for the quick response storm8 you must have been busy making iOS better D.B's

D_Raho
08-03-16, 03:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the look of the Olympus Dragon. It's those long green arms with their smattering of feathers on Olympus that freak me the heck out. And the crawling movement. It gives me the heebie-jeebies when I see it out on visits, lol!
Yes. It is grotesque, to be honest. But not too bad when younger. Just don't evolve it past Juvenile. And try not to spend too much time looking at it.

debrasbistro
08-03-16, 04:58 PM
9 hours with Olympus and Surprise. GLTA.

Xyn25
08-03-16, 07:27 PM
Two tries for Poseidon gave me 2 Nyx. Tried for Ares and got him on my second try after an Apollo fail. Will go back to trying for Poseidon when my den is free.
Good luck everyone!

meoconlunar
08-04-16, 01:38 AM
Diamond x Apolo = 9h
Mercury x Hercules = 11 hours :)

9krm
08-04-16, 09:08 AM
I got Poseidon pretty easily, but am having a harder time with Ares. Well, it is a nice break from trying unsuccessfully for Dark Angel.

I agree that Olympus is super ugly. lol

belarica
08-04-16, 09:30 AM
I bred ares on my second try :) after missing liberty and vine crawler this is a huge victory

stevenlee2905
08-04-16, 09:53 AM
Nothing so far... Only bred Hercules, Hercules, Hercules, Hercules, Olympus, Nyx, Hercules, Hercules... Sigh... :(

meoconlunar
08-04-16, 09:54 AM
I got Poseidon pretty easily, but am having a harder time with Ares. Well, it is a nice break from trying unsuccessfully for Dark Angel.

I agree that Olympus is super ugly. lol

A small Olympus is really cute;) I always keep it level 3 , if I have to use Olympus, I will envolve to lv4 and after finishing, sell it and buy a new one :)

Hawk1
08-04-16, 11:53 AM
Apollo Apollo Apollo :mad:

Burrymillz
08-04-16, 12:01 PM
Well after maybe 10-15 apollo's finally 9 hours on the den

Hawk1
08-04-16, 12:44 PM
Well after maybe 10-15 apollo's finally 9 hours on the den

Congrats!

PinkBubbles75
08-05-16, 11:41 AM
I got poseidon on the 2nd try with olympus & water! :) I actually bought the olympus dragon just to try for poseidon. I don't care for ares so I'm not gonna try breeding for it. I also want to try breeding for athena, nyx, and hera (and maybe fates, scylla, & hades) before I sell off or store olympus because.... it's ugly (in my opinion) lol

RhodryMaelwaedd
08-05-16, 11:51 AM
I got poseidon on the 2nd try with olympus & water! :)

5 times Hercules using the same... Ah well, I'll just keep on trying :)

Bastiaan0
08-05-16, 11:55 AM
Already have Poseidon from a wheel, so trying for Ares with Olympus and Air. No luck so far... :(

Edit (2h25m later): Just sped up the fifth Apollo breed because of boosted breeding, sent Air and Olympus to the den again. Timer says 9 hours... :)

lenasdinner
08-05-16, 11:58 AM
just got 9h , Ares on den. Olympus with air,first try :)

roguebee
08-05-16, 06:47 PM
Two Apollo fails trying for Ares. Now have an Athena. Nice fail as it's a new (to me) dragon.

FireballFarm
08-05-16, 11:29 PM
I broke down and bought the Olympus and a small habitat yesterday. Put him in to evolve this afternoon, and just used him in the first breeding attempt. Water X Olympus, 11 hours, right off the bat! Yay! Now, I might have to invest in the large habitat and try for Ares and Achilles to keep Poseidon company (Olympus can hang out in the stables, with Clown and the other outcasts, lol!).

FireballFarm
08-05-16, 11:31 PM
I broke down and bought the scary Olympus and a small habitat yesterday. Put him in to evolve this afternoon, and just used him in the first breeding attempt. Water X Olympus, 11 hours, right off the bat! Yay! Now, I might have to invest in the large habitat and try for Ares and Achilles to keep Poseidon company (Olympus can hang out in the stables, with Clown and the other outcasts, lol!).

Nikkook
08-06-16, 01:12 AM
I put Apollo and Water into the den and got the 11 hour timer. Is there anything else apart from Poseidon that it could be? Also got Ares on 5th try, Olympus and Apollo. I like these 2 and I haven't got Nyx or Athena yet so was prepared to love some fails!

Nikkook
08-06-16, 01:14 AM
What do we need to breed Achilles? Has anyone been successful?

hiabarara
08-06-16, 02:58 AM
I only had two tries with Air/Olympus because I want to go for Achilles now, but these two tries gave me Athena and Apollo and I didn't have either of them :) That's great!

lenasdinner
08-06-16, 08:41 AM
there is no another 11h with Rainbow+Olympus...so I got Poseidon too.probobly boosted breeding made me lucky this time.after this I'm tryin for Bonfire,but thats more hard to get....

starship412
08-06-16, 10:11 PM
When I was trying to go for Achilles with Angel/Nyx I got a good 11 hour fail. Finally I got a limited time dragon in almost a year - Poseidon. Looked at the calculator and saw no dragons besides it.

starship412
08-06-16, 10:13 PM
I put Apollo and Water into the den and got the 11 hour timer. Is there anything else apart from Poseidon that it could be? Also got Ares on 5th try, Olympus and Apollo. I like these 2 and I haven't got Nyx or Athena yet so was prepared to love some fails!

Nope. Congratulations, you are the proud owner of a Poseidon!

starship412
08-06-16, 10:16 PM

Any Diamond + Olympus. Diamond/Olympus gives two possibilities - Olympus and Achilles.

starship412
08-06-16, 10:18 PM

Any Diamond hybrid + Olympus hybrid or Diamond + Olympus themselves . Diamond/Olympus gives two possibilities - Olympus and Achilles.

starship412
08-09-16, 06:00 AM
Surprisingly I got Ares yesterday too. Proud parents were Angel and Apollo. I couldn't get Bonfire because apparently black hybrids have been banned from my island but so happy to get Ares and Poseidon nonetheless.