PDA

View Full Version : Why do Dire boars get triggered every 2-5 actions???

lieniitte
07-31-16, 02:55 PM
I completed the task where you have to hunt a certain amount of dire boars a few days ago already. But ever since they first started showing up they have been attacking every 2 to 5 actions. I am not exaggerating. It is so,so frustrating that I don't even want to play anymore. I am really enjoying the game, am on lvl 26 now. But am honestly considering not playing anymore if these dire boars won't leave me alone a bit more. I have 7 ponds, and without any exaggeration, I just got 4, FOUR, dire boars while getting water from 7 ,SEVEN, ponds. That's 4 boars within 7 actions. I am done with the task to hunt boars, I don't need this many of them...
This has been happening for about 2 days now.

EDIT: The dire boar os also the only monster spawning in my game. No others spawn at all, even though I am building an amphitheater and need 80 fur, yet i can't get it because all I'm getting is an extreme overload of dire boar.

Could this be a glitch of some sort?

Solientus
07-31-16, 03:13 PM
I completed the task where you have to hunt a certain amount of dire boars a few days ago already. But ever since they first started showing up they have been attacking every 2 to 5 actions.
If you aren't currently on a quest that needs you to **** monsters (or if you don't need the drops), pick a 4x4 spot where there's nothing you really need to get to (like a patch of trees, or a bunch of mushrooms and flowers).
Make sure there's no other monsters on your board.
Then start picking or chopping in that area.
When a monster spawns, just leave it there and give it a pet!
If you have one monster on your board, no other ones will spawn. Atleast this way you've parked it in a spot where it doesn't bother you. Hope this helps :)

lieniitte
07-31-16, 04:55 PM
If you aren't currently on a quest that needs you to **** monsters (or if you don't need the drops), pick a 4x4 spot where there's nothing you really need to get to (like a patch of trees, or a bunch of mushrooms and flowers).
Make sure there's no other monsters on your board.
Then start picking or chopping in that area.
When a monster spawns, just leave it there and give it a pet!
If you have one monster on your board, no other ones will spawn. Atleast this way you've parked it in a spot where it doesn't bother you. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I did think of that, but it's not an option. I need 80 fur to build the amphitheater and I only have 12 at the moment, so I need to be spawning lots of those monsters that drop them. Problem is, no other monster will spawn except the dire boar.

It's spawning so often and it's the only one spawning. No others at all. And I don't think that is how it should be.

Solientus
07-31-16, 05:27 PM
I need 80 fur to build the amphitheater and I only have 12 at the moment, so I need to be spawning lots of those monsters that drop them.
Ah I see!
Dire Boars drop fur! So that's the good news.

Here's some info I found in The Hub (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions), Information Nuggets (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1037346&viewfull=1#post1037346), Nugget #5 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) about beast drops and what spawns each one.
Drops
Skunkupine - Rat Tail, Fur, Creep Tooth
Fangbeast - Creep Tooth, Fur, Bone, Fey Crystal
Glimmer Troll - Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Mysterious Venom, Bone, Glimmer Dust
Dire Boar - Fur, Bone, Feral Magic, Boar Tusks, Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Boar Pelt

Spawning
Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
Glimmer Troll - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Rocks, Glimmer Dust droppers
Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

This also explains why Boars all the time, Ponds! If you had been picking lots of wheat and flowers you'd be drowning in Skunkupines :P

lieniitte
08-04-16, 12:09 PM
Ah I see!
Dire Boars drop fur! So that's the good news.

Here's some info I found in The Hub (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions), Information Nuggets (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1037346&viewfull=1#post1037346), Nugget #5 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78732-Nugget-5-Beasts) about beast drops and what spawns each one.
Drops
Skunkupine - Rat Tail, Fur, Creep Tooth
Fangbeast - Creep Tooth, Fur, Bone, Fey Crystal
Glimmer Troll - Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Mysterious Venom, Bone, Glimmer Dust
Dire Boar - Fur, Bone, Feral Magic, Boar Tusks, Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Boar Pelt

Spawning
Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems)
Fangbeast - Animals, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings, Fangbeast Trap (5 gems)
Glimmer Troll - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Rocks, Glimmer Dust droppers
Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping

This also explains why Boars all the time, Ponds! If you had been picking lots of wheat and flowers you'd be drowning in Skunkupines :P

Thank you for the info. Yet they very very rarely drop any fur for me. And even if they dropped it all the time, it would still be a bother. especially after getting all the fur needed. I have been playing less now, because this is still happening. I don't think it's supposed to be like this. It never was like this before. Even when collecting from buildings etc., used to be maybe one or 2 every round I make with all buildings, but now it's literally every other building that something pops up! And harvesting things, again, every few actions. It is impossible to play the game unless you sacrifice an area where you keep the monster at all times, yet then you can't get resources from them. It is still ruining the game, having them pop up every other action. Think about how that would ruin your gameplay...
If it had always been like this, monsters popping up so much, then I'd just see it as a part of the normal game. But I used to collect from all 7 ponds and 20 or so mushrooms and have nothing pop up. I could even use up all 40 energy and nothing at all would show up, no monsters.
Now it's probably like 15 monsters to 40 energy. !! Just collected from ponds again and 7 ponds - 5 boars. No fur.

Seems a bit outrageous to me.