PDA

View Full Version : Fun Game If It Didn't Crash So Much

Betsy0923
07-30-16, 01:05 PM
Before your outage today, the game would only crash once in a while. But today it is crashing constantly. What happened? It was annoying, but not too bad until it also started taking away the items I need when it crashes. When will this be fixed? And if it is because it is the size of the app, then that needs to be fixed. I started playing this game because of Castle Story and Dragon Story. I would have continued to play this game, but right now I am even willing to give up the gold award in the other games and just stop.

kooky panda
07-30-16, 01:19 PM
This is a highly animated game. If you play on an older device try closing out all background applications .

This may help with performance issues.

Betsy0923
07-31-16, 11:25 AM
I like that it is a fast moving game. I am trying to be more conscientious about closing other apps. The periodic Game Center updates really stop the app. Any way to stop those? Not really interested in that info anyway. Thx

Rynetory2
07-31-16, 06:33 PM
What specific periodic Game Center updates are you referring to? Can you post screenshots?

nogard693
08-07-16, 08:55 AM
i am using new android tablet for Dragon Story only, but the game keeps crashing. I have no other apps running. I am new to the game and it's a great game but so frustrating due to this problem. Any ideas to a solution would be greatly appreciated?

Rynetory2
08-07-16, 09:00 AM
i am using new android tablet for Dragon Story only, but the game keeps crashing. I have no other apps running. I am new to the game and it's a great game but so frustrating due to this problem. Any ideas to a solution would be greatly appreciated?

Welcome to the forum, nogard693! :D
Sorry to hear about your issues. Can you try the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614)

lisamc5494
08-12-16, 04:09 PM
You have to log out of Game Center to stop the constant banners from flashing across the top of the screen. You don't need to worry about playing while you are not logged in to game Center, your progress will be saved through your storm8 ID so you can pick up from any other device you may be using.
I play all the time, I close all other apps, clear cache, delete all browsing history, have no other apps running in the background. Also, I have a newer device with 8GB available and the game still crashes constantly. I sure wish they would fix it.

Mercuriair
08-20-16, 07:45 AM
Playing on iPhone. Updated yesterday hoping it would STOP the crashing. Nope! Now crashing every few mins making it almost impossible to play! Considering giving it up. This needs resolved SOON

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 08:03 AM
Playing on iPhone. Updated yesterday hoping it would STOP the crashing. Nope! Now crashing every few mins making it almost impossible to play! Considering giving it up. This needs resolved SOON

Are you crushing to the home screen or are you getting the online error message? Which iPhone are you playing on?

Mercuriair
08-20-16, 09:13 AM
iPhone 4s crashed to home screen and I've done all the things previously suggested makes no difference

Mercuriair
08-20-16, 11:00 AM
And now I'm also losing items that should have been manufactured. Too frustrating to play. S8 need to pare it back and stop adding stuff until this is fixed

Rynetory2
08-20-16, 06:14 PM
Can you try the suggestions under Device performance issues section in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614) if you haven't? Otherwise please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

emmasegura
08-30-16, 11:20 AM
Have been playing this game for about two months with no problems (including this morning) and suddenly this afternoon it keeps crashing after about 40 seconds. Has done this about ten times in a row so far. Has anyone else been having the same problem?

MysticMare7
08-30-16, 11:26 AM
On my iPod Touch, the game crashes whenever the Game Center banners start flashing. I lose all progress made after that point, no matter how long it takes to crash. I've tried closing all the other apps. I completely agree that this game would be a lot more appealing if it would just stop crashing.

Re: Game Center - this goes back to a problem posted months ago. When you start DCM, it logs into GC, with the banner "Welcome back...", then, at some random point while playing the game itself, you start getting banner notifications about all your old achievements. I honestly don't care about GC, in general. But, it doesn't affect any other S8 game the same way. I would say that the old achievements are looping, but I haven't had the game stay open long enough to be able to tell.

SparklyOctopus
08-30-16, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear that! Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps?

emmasegura
08-30-16, 11:39 AM
If I do that will I still have the same level?

SparklyOctopus
08-30-16, 11:40 AM
Yes. If you are worried about losing your progress please write down your Support ID and how many Gems you have in your game. A support agent can help recover your account. :)

Rynetory2
08-30-16, 06:43 PM
On my iPod Touch, the game crashes whenever the Game Center banners start flashing. I lose all progress made after that point, no matter how long it takes to crash. I've tried closing all the other apps. I completely agree that this game would be a lot more appealing if it would just stop crashing.

Re: Game Center - this goes back to a problem posted months ago. When you start DCM, it logs into GC, with the banner "Welcome back...", then, at some random point while playing the game itself, you start getting banner notifications about all your old achievements. I honestly don't care about GC, in general. But, it doesn't affect any other S8 game the same way. I would say that the old achievements are looping, but I haven't had the game stay open long enough to be able to tell.

Can you try reinstalling your game and see if it helps?

Rynetory2
08-30-16, 08:31 PM
FYI

I've moved the bugs reports of your game crashing when doing final business delivery to Game crashes when completing businesses (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93887-Game-crashes-when-completing-businesses&p=1339146#post1339146). Thanks.

MysticMare7
09-08-16, 10:22 AM
I've tried that many times. It doesn't help.

Rynetory2
09-08-16, 11:08 PM
I've tried that many times. It doesn't help.

Sorry sweetie. I'm afraid I've to send you to Support for your case and have an agent to check your game. I hope your game returns to normal soon.

Support Email: support@storm8.com

my607
09-12-16, 08:27 AM
This morning four times my game crashed. The worse was when I finished boardwalk order. Then my coins disappear right after I went back to game. It happens more on my iPad than iPhone for some reason.

Rynetory2
09-12-16, 07:18 PM
This morning four times my game crashed. The worse was when I finished boardwalk order. Then my coins disappear right after I went back to game. It happens more on my iPad than iPhone for some reason.

You may want to try to restart your devices and reinstall your game. See the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614) Is it possible that your iPhone is newer than your iPad so it runs better? As for your Boardwalk coins, they automatically credit to our game if we don't collect them. :)

my607
09-17-16, 06:36 PM
My game crashed at the worse time getting my final saw for final expansion then crashed. I went back to game and couldn't get the last saw. Now it's taking forever.

my607
09-17-16, 07:24 PM
Second time tonight my game crashed and got saw push expand button and my game crashed again. This is getting very annoying especially when I need to clear storage. Why is cracking happening so often?

my607
09-17-16, 07:25 PM
Yes my iPhone is newer. Thanks rynetory2.

Rynetory2
09-17-16, 07:43 PM
Ouch ouch, I really feel for you! The last saw for expansion and clearing inventory space. Sorry my607. :( If you have tried the above suggestions and they didn't help, I think it's best to send an email to support@storm8.com and have an agent check your game and investigate further. I really hope you can play normally soon. So sorry on your lost saw though.

To add: while you wait for Support to revert, maybe you can play on your iPhone.

Carbuck
09-24-16, 09:32 PM
With the new event going, Shakespeare in the Park, my game is crashing appropriately every 3-4 minutes. This has been happening for the last 3 days. It makes it very difficult to do the event. There is nothing wrong with my device, iPad2 with the latest iOS. I am able to play DS, FS2, RS2 and 2 non-S8 games with no problems. Please ask the team to look at this game issue.

Thanks

Rynetory2
09-25-16, 04:28 AM
With the new event going, Shakespeare in the Park, my game is crashing appropriately every 3-4 minutes. This has been happening for the last 3 days. It makes it very difficult to do the event. There is nothing wrong with my device, iPad2 with the latest iOS. I am able to play DS, FS2, RS2 and 2 non-S8 games with no problems. Please ask the team to look at this game issue.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that your game is crashing so frequently. I am not sure why it's happening for you. Can you check that you have plenty of space and avoid running Dream City with other apps running in the background? Did you try to clear cache and reinstall game? Hopefully this works for you.

Carbuck
09-25-16, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that your game is crashing so frequently. I am not sure why it's happening for you. Can you check that you have plenty of space and avoid running Dream City with other apps running in the background? Did you try to clear cache and reinstall game? Hopefully this works for you.

Rynetory2 thanks for the response. Nothing is helping.

Rynetory2
09-26-16, 07:12 AM
Rynetory2 thanks for the response. Nothing is helping.

Sorry it didnt help... I think the best thing to do is for you to send an email to support@storm8.com and have an agent check your game personally and give you more specific advise according to your game and device. I hope you will be able to play normally very soon! :o

Carbuck
09-27-16, 10:17 AM
Sorry it didnt help... I think the best thing to do is for you to send an email to support@storm8.com and have an agent check your game personally and give you more specific advise according to your game and device. I hope you will be able to play normally very soon! :o

I logged out of Game Center and that has helped a little as the banners won't keep popping up in the game. I will try support but they do take a long time to respond.

Thanks again.

Rynetory2
09-27-16, 08:07 PM
I logged out of Game Center and that has helped a little as the banners won't keep popping up in the game. I will try support but they do take a long time to respond.

Thanks again.

Glad to hear your game improved a little. The delay could be due to the Support volume. Do you get banners popping up if you stay logged onto Game Center? I dont get them cos I dont log off Game Center at all. Maybe you can try that and see which works better for you in the mean time while you wait for Support?

lisamc5494
02-26-17, 05:07 PM
I have been playing this game on & off for months now, I stop when I get overly frustrated from it constantly crashing. I have it on 3 devices, iPad 2, iPad mini and an iPhone 5, I also have played many other Storm 8 games and never had any issues. I log out of Game Center to prevent the banners slowing/locking the game up. However, it still crashes on all 3 devices within minutes of signing on. I have freed more space on my devices, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing stops it from crashing. It is an awesome game and I would love to play it, any suggestions I haven't already tried.

Rynetory2
02-26-17, 09:50 PM
You may like to try the suggestions in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?92773-Dream-City-Game-Guide&p=1321614&viewfull=1#post1321614) if you have not. Clearing cache and restarting your mobile devices, modem and router may help.