PDA

View Full Version : What theme would YOU like to see in Bakery Story?

PikaSquirrel
07-29-16, 04:23 PM
Hello bakers!

What themes would you like to see in the game? We'd love to hear your ideas! :)

whatfireball
07-29-16, 05:15 PM
Hello bakers!

What themes would you like to see in the game? We'd love to hear your ideas! :)

Maybe something with cultures, we've seen a few of them listed, but since Bakery Story is a huge game that has blown up around the world, it's great if we include different types of nationalities. There are some Canadians, Americans, English people, Pakistan people, Italians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Australians, and so much more!

DragonWished
07-29-16, 06:13 PM
I would like to see themes that are bakery-centric. Baking/bakery offerings from around the country and the world would be great.

Seasonally appropriate updates that are released well in advance of holidays and special occasions. Add recipes to existing ovens. Rerelease some of the older goal ovens with updated recipes.

Be nice to see a return to 4x4 final goal prizes and extra pieces related to goals.

kaelynrosecake
07-30-16, 02:41 AM
I love rococo themed decor...since we have a princess carriage and related items, I feel that rococo would suit it.

Also, it would be nice to see more coffee house sort of things. I do know that there was an update like that ages ago...but it is really perfect. Coffee machines of frappes and lattes and teahouse of different flavored tea. I do mean the actual appliances and not just decor.

I like that we have box prizes popping up every now and then as an LTO...would love to see this being kept up!

It would also be nice to have an option of doing a quest and requesting parts from neighbors to make (some) of existing appliances "easy".

Also, I would be really excited if we get new expansion sizes for our bakeries!!

EdiiLouise
07-30-16, 06:13 AM
A beautiful 50s theme

slayer7000
07-30-16, 10:10 AM
S8, you recently made sea themed goals. Could you please add to that next week and add more things under the sea related? Like under the sea wallpaper like appears in restaurant story, turtle or fish tables and chairs, maybe some black sand or dark water tiles, some coral flowers or bubble wall decors, giant sandcastle, sea weed, seaweed collumn, mermaid reef, crab waiter, fish, shark, whales, and maybe a sunken ship for floor decors, for a counter it could be a sunken ship counter that has the same texture as the floor deco, and for an oven it could be "under the sea oven" which could be blue and have cute fish on the sides and cook lobster, shark cupcakes, and crab cakes. This is such an amazing theme that I feel so much could of been done for. Thank you.

apopkamama
07-30-16, 04:25 PM
I really like the black/white currently offered. Adds some class & is sleek & chic & updated.

1979mybakery
07-30-16, 09:38 PM
I would like another magic or winter themed update. Could be cool. Or maybe a camera themed update. Or anything just more ovens.

aiyoosha
07-31-16, 10:41 AM
a alice and wonderland theme, vintage tea party theme, candy land theme.

desiree70517
07-31-16, 10:52 AM
How about a thin blue line theme? Little police officer, police car, a k9, black table with a thin blue line, maybe even a donut shop ha!

samsam35
07-31-16, 11:08 AM
I would love to see more fairies (magical grotto) flower wonderland, little fairies in flowers, flower palace, blooming Lotus or some sort of flower as a table or chair. Bold and soft colors in flowers. Fairy oven with magical recipes. And maybe more ways for earning gems or gems as a gift for neighbours (like you can receive max 5 gems per day after reaching a specific level like 50 or something, to keep the game more exiting) more random goals to win special items. Once in a month a special (rare) box. More choice in counters and wall and floor decorations.

samsam35
07-31-16, 11:20 AM
Fairy theme, jungle theme, diamond theme, 60's or 70's theme. Brazil Carnival theme. Tropical paradise theme. (fairytale) under water world theme.

sls0991
07-31-16, 06:26 PM
I would love more fairytale items, but less princess-y stuff.

twospoons
08-01-16, 01:28 AM
I love the color-based updates (the b&w, the mint green). I think they're great for non-goal themes, low key but very useful. Place-based is also great, both US cities with their own special flair and any other worldwide locations you want to tackle. Also, they're not new themes, but I'd be glad to revisit ice cream, there are so many flavors we don't have yet, or a pastry competition. And I love plated desserts & chocolate show-stoppers--the tiered cakes you guys sometimes draw are gorgeous (super tall tiers are totally a thing now, try one!) but there are other beautiful kinds of desserts. Modern tiered cakes are great too, with geometric prints, instead of flowers. also love for you guys to take a second bash at the strawberry theme, with less cartoonishness. And red more than pink.

For more out-there themes, though I tend to prefer the realistic ones, I love the Fairytale idea as well (not princessy) and if Alice in Wonderland is possible, copyright-wise, that's neat. I suggested a film noir movie night years ago and then we had a movie theme, but there weren't any bombshell blondies, which was the best part of my idea.

And this isn't a theme, but please back away from everything childish or cartoony. It feels like you're outsourcing the design work to the local nursery school sometimes. Also more cash register options, and give aunt loretta a different outfit!

aiyoosha
08-01-16, 11:04 AM
Yes please, no more cartoonish stuff, make it elegant looking and beautiful. youve done it in the past so it is possible.

mikepastry
08-01-16, 11:31 AM
ALICE IN A WONDERLAND - has a huge potential both for decor and recipes!
Cultural Cafes/Bakeries (French, Italian, Belgian, Mexican, Chinese, Russian, Indian, etc.)
Garden Theme (all things garden, bring more TREES, SHRUBS, COLUMNS, etc. to be purchased separately, not as a crate)
MAGIC GARDEN (faeries, gnomes, unicorns, castles, grottoes, etc.)

pieandcream
08-01-16, 11:53 AM
please change the style back to the old style. what has been coming out from storm8 is too asian cutesy style. makes quite a few items unappealing that i would have bought otherwise.
then any theme will be automatically better!

LadyEna
08-01-16, 11:56 AM
Pie eating contest More pie recipes.
More of the gem themes with tables and chairs & counters, you've only scratched surface there.
Bake sale for raising awareness of a cause.
Now that we have the sea, more pirates.
I second the color based theme twospoons is suggesting.
Along with the ice cream theme as well.
Pick a flower, do a theme with only that flower.
Sooooo many kinds of bread worldwide. Breads around the world theme.
I love those yellow rose porcelain tables,
maybe more porcelain tables changing the look of course.

Bring in some ghosts for Halloween.
Ornaments for Christmas and assorted deco. XMas lights for wall.

bluewhale89
08-01-16, 02:39 PM
I would love to see more fairies (magical grotto) flower wonderland, little fairies in flowers, flower palace, blooming Lotus or some sort of flower as a table or chair. Bold and soft colors in flowers. Fairy oven with magical recipes. And maybe more ways for earning gems or gems as a gift for neighbours (like you can receive max 5 gems per day after reaching a specific level like 50 or something, to keep the game more exiting) more random goals to win special items. Once in a month a special (rare) box. More choice in counters and wall and floor decorations.

+1!

apopkamama
08-01-16, 04:32 PM
How about a thin blue line theme? Little police officer, police car, a k9, black table with a thin blue line, maybe even a donut shop ha!

I like this idea too!

mudpiez
08-01-16, 07:05 PM
I would like to see more realistic themes, like an occupation theme. I want to have firefighters or policemen at my bakery or a queue of office workers waiting for coffee. More "people decorations" rather than just furnitures.

grannysj
08-02-16, 06:45 AM
Yes--candy land theme!!! It would be awesome to add more items and features to things that we already have but can use more of i.e. tables and chairs, ovens, and way more fun items!!!

gabbysmom87
08-02-16, 06:54 AM
I just want more cake recipes. Seems we're always making treats which is great but we need new cakes!

maggi7276
08-02-16, 08:22 AM
I would like Roller Skating theme, how about roller skating servers, rental stand, lazer fun, arcade a rolling skating rink with people, purples, hot pink, orange colors, and how about booth tables?
Maybe an outside roof and poles night wall paper, we already have colorful wall paper. Different colors Oldie car for ovens we can use against the walls.
Hope someone likes this idea. 

kaelynrosecake
08-02-16, 12:18 PM
ALICE IN A WONDERLAND - has a huge potential both for decor and recipes!
Cultural Cafes/Bakeries (French, Italian, Belgian, Mexican, Chinese, Russian, Indian, etc.)
Garden Theme (all things garden, bring more TREES, SHRUBS, COLUMNS, etc. to be purchased separately, not as a crate)
MAGIC GARDEN (faeries, gnomes, unicorns, castles, grottoes, etc.)

I agree with all of this and in addition: under the sea mermaids (more than last time!)

French cafe theme with pastel colors, macaron towers and pretty boxes on shelves.

joeybasenji
08-02-16, 12:45 PM
Alice in Wonderland theme with lovely cakes or a Dutch theme

aiyoosha
08-02-16, 03:12 PM
continuing: maybe a donut theme, i really like the donut box and a goal would be a nice thing to have as well with donuts and coffee.

planetpeace12
08-02-16, 03:29 PM
Maybe something with cultures, we've seen a few of them listed, but since Bakery Story is a huge game that has blown up around the world, it's great if we include different types of nationalities. There are some Canadians, Americans, English people, Pakistan people, Italians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Australians, and so much more!

Yessssss :D

ravynnNicole
08-02-16, 04:03 PM
Would love to see some pastel/brown bakery themed items!

pixiegamer
08-02-16, 06:11 PM
Seconding all of the following, with some additional comments as well :)

I would like to see themes that are bakery-centric. Baking/bakery offerings from around the country and the world would be great.

Seasonally appropriate updates that are released well in advance of holidays and special occasions. Add recipes to existing ovens. Rerelease some of the older goal ovens with updated recipes.

Be nice to see a return to 4x4 final goal prizes and extra pieces related to goals.

PLEASE return to a 4x4 final goal prize (and a coin price rather than a gem price, if possible)! I also really support the country- and worldwide baked goods suggestion, and ask again that the artists for this game please consider including people of different skin tones in their illustrations.

I would also really appreciate if existing appliances get new recipes. There were a few missed opportunities (ex. minty recipes could have been added with the Mint Green update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91455-Bakery-Update-May-11-2016)) and it would be really nice to see it moving forward. A re-release of older appliances would be great as well, and this is known to be a popular request on the forums :)

I love the color-based updates (the b&w, the mint green). I think they're great for non-goal themes, low key but very useful. Place-based is also great, both US cities with their own special flair and any other worldwide locations you want to tackle. Also, they're not new themes, but I'd be glad to revisit ice cream, there are so many flavors we don't have yet, or a pastry competition. And I love plated desserts & chocolate show-stoppers--the tiered cakes you guys sometimes draw are gorgeous (super tall tiers are totally a thing now, try one!) but there are other beautiful kinds of desserts. Modern tiered cakes are great too, with geometric prints, instead of flowers. also love for you guys to take a second bash at the strawberry theme, with less cartoonishness. And red more than pink.

For more out-there themes, though I tend to prefer the realistic ones, I love the Fairytale idea as well (not princessy) and if Alice in Wonderland is possible, copyright-wise, that's neat. I suggested a film noir movie night years ago and then we had a movie theme, but there weren't any bombshell blondies, which was the best part of my idea.

And this isn't a theme, but please back away from everything childish or cartoony. It feels like you're outsourcing the design work to the local nursery school sometimes. Also more cash register options, and give aunt loretta a different outfit!

The color-based updates (mint, b&w, rose gold, etc.) have been really chic and elegant! I agree that they've been great for non-goal themes, and I wouldn't mind seeing more :)

I also second the call for less cartoony items, and, in general, less sparkles on the decor. Not everything is shiny and sparkly, and it gets weird when even houseplants start to have sparkles :p

More cash register options and outfits for Loretta would also be great! If we can get aprons on mannequins (no more of those either, please!), surely we can see those aprons on Loretta ;)

continuing: maybe a donut theme, i really like the donut box and a goal would be a nice thing to have as well with donuts and coffee.

Yes to this please! A donut shop theme would be great :)

pixiegamer
08-02-16, 07:11 PM
First off, a big thank you to PikaSquirrel for starting this thread! It's great to know that Storm8 is open to community input when it comes to themes in Bakery Story :) There are still a great number of themes in the Theme Suggestion Thread that I'd love to see, but here are some additional suggestions:

THE RETURN OF JEAN-PIERRE!! JP returns from his looong sabbatical in France (seriously, where has he been?) and is astonished to find (*gasp*) a lack of French desserts in the bakery! Clearly, the bakery is falling to disrepair without him, so he must save the day by introducing... a STOVE! But more importantly, how to use the stove to make CREPES, including chocolate crepes, crepes suzette, mille-crepe cake...

Okay, maybe I just really, really want crepes in the game. And Jean-Pierre back. But both could happen in one update and the world wouldn't explode :p

More international themes and global desserts/drinks, and people of different skin tones in the corresponding illustrations. The ones that we got for Argentina and Turkey were really nice!

Examples: an Indian update featuring a Chai Kettle with Masala Chai, Ginger Chai, and Assam Milk Tea, trays of chai in glass glasses, an Indian chai vendor doing a meter-long pour, etc. A Thai update featuring Thai desserts like mango sticky rice, coconut jelly, and Sankaya (pumpkin pudding), an elephant tapestry, a Thai dragon boat sculpture, etc.

I feel like fruit-themed updates lend themselves well to interpretation and creativity, and of course, the baked goods/dessert potential with them is really high. I suggested a Blueberry Brunch (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55345-Bakery-Story-Theme-Suggestions/page69#post1240770) theme a while ago that I'd still love to see, if possible, but I'd love to see others too. The pumpkin-themed update that gave us the Pumpkin Producer was a great example of this done well, and I'm optimistic for the grapefruit update we're getting tomorrow.

As a deviation from the norm, a vegan theme featuring vegan desserts. It would be interesting to see that incorporated into Bakery Story :)

A 50's shoppe theme with roller-skate waitresses, the checkered black and white floor, jukebox, and malts/milkshakes/ice cream floats. We could actually get a milkshake machine appliance with vanilla, strawberry, and banana milkshakes for this (the chocolate milkshake recipe already exists on the regular drink mixer).

A wedding theme. There are no freely-purchasable wedding decorations or appliances in the market now; only boxes. This would be a great opportunity to introduce items to ALL market categories (except for the box/expansion category) and have a lasting impact in the game. Suggestions include a fancy tile with a subtle cream/white pattern, an elegant cream wallpaper with molding, wall lights and sashes (picture below), an ornate white gold cash register, wedding ceremony display, tiered cakes display, an appliance with Wedding Cake (just Wedding Cake, which doesn't exist yet in the game), brides/grooms' cupcake pairs (also pictured below), white cake (single layer), etc.

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1yCKHLXXXXXXWaXXXq6xXFXXX4/Romantic-1mx2m-6W-220V-Warm-white-104-LED-Christmas-Tree-Party-font-b-Wedding-b-font.jpg https://img0.etsystatic.com/013/0/6262339/il_570xN.427065672_pruj.jpg

A TV competition, wherein Loretta and Hazel have been offered the chance to have their bakery featured on a popular cooking channel and are sprucing up their bakery to look the part. Decorations could include a camera crew with their cameras pointed in the direction of the walls (to elaborate, characters in Bakery Story usually face in the direction of the bakery expansions. Decorations in the direction of the walls would mean the newer characters would be looking at them).

Also, not necessarily theme-related, but would also be nice to have:

More recipes on existing appliances (ex. if we get a raspberry update, then maybe a raspberry tart recipe on the oven and a raspberry limeade drink on the drink mixer)

Less unnecessary sparkles on decor. Polished end table? Sure. Houseplant? Maybe not.

As people have already said: ore outfits for Loretta, new door designs, new cash register designs

For upcoming Halloween updates in October: less smiley and happy-go-lucky, and more creepy (or B-grade horror movie villain), please! Pallid white ghosts with haunting expressions, zombies with pale green skin and sallow eyes, vampires with knit eyebrows and fangs bared, etc.

ilovefamilyxo
08-03-16, 10:29 AM
Some nice themes i'd love to see :
1. 80's theme a nice recipe can call for a punch bowl , the tiles can be designed as a rubix cube , chairs can look like boom boxes!
2. School theme a nice recipe can call for an apple pie , chairs can be designed as school chairs , a nice black board decoration!
3. Steam punk a nice recipe can call for a nice tea , chairs can be designed as screws , tables a nice glass!
4. Underwater theme a nice recipe can be clam chowder , chairs can be designed as sand castles , decorations can be a beautiful beach scene!

Pets2homes
08-03-16, 02:06 PM
Yessssss :D

Yes!!!

monstertop
08-03-16, 04:11 PM
What's the difference between this thread and "Bakery Story Theme Suggestions"?

pilotkawani
08-04-16, 02:33 AM
a Caribbean theme!!! Palm trees and colorful tables, and an island oven with coconut, mango and pineapple desserts!!! there could be a palm tree wallpaper and a cheaper sandy tile with bamboo/leaf tables and chairs!

Rosie_573
08-04-16, 07:34 AM
For upcoming Halloween updates in October: less smiley and happy-go-lucky, and more creepy (or B-grade horror movie villain), please! Pallid white ghosts with haunting expressions, zombies with pale green skin and sallow eyes, vampires with knit eyebrows and fangs bared, etc.

Yes! Halloween and Christmas seem to be 2 of the biggest holidays to decorate for.it would be extremely nice if s8 brought back past decorations as well (maybe like a black Friday kinda sale?) I would love a chance to have the ghostly gathering from past goal or even some of the tables/chairs( have my heart set on that monster kitchen!). Another thing that would be nice to see is more recipes in regular ovens/drink mixers (as most players seem to have mastered all those recipes). As for boxes, most of the prizes are not even worth the 24 gems; if they were able to purchase separately people might buy more.

Daughteroftheking33
08-04-16, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=PikaSquirrel;1326374]Hello bakers!

What themes would you like to see in the game? We'd love to hear your ideas! :)[/QUOTE

I would love to see a cool waterfall theme. :-)

Daughteroftheking33
08-04-16, 08:37 AM
I see many people trying to make an illusionary waterfall. I feel if we had the wallpaper, it would make it realistic then before.

melatijj
08-04-16, 11:21 PM
I would like to suggest tropical jungle theme, complete with the animals and plants, like bird of paradise, orangutan, rafflesia flowers, ferns, and orchids.
Or african safari theme, with jeeps, giraffe, and lion pride!

PikaSquirrel
08-05-16, 05:06 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your feedback! Closing the thread now as we have enough suggestions! :)