PDA

View Full Version : Eggs in mining(ends August 26)

anaghasaki
07-29-16, 03:21 PM
I got a popup saying there is a chance to get one of the two eggs shown in mining.. I forgot to take a screenshot.. But would like to know more..also it didn't specify which of the two mines.. I think it looked like the dynamite one..

Edit(KP)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32605&d=1469831089 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32605&d=1469831089)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32675&d=1470209391 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32675&d=1470209391)

mykalya1
07-29-16, 03:24 PM
I got it to but my one site is locked because I have done all th expands in the dynamite part

31aug2002
07-29-16, 03:26 PM
Ya ... Just saw this pop up
Kooky , Elsa any info pls???

[S8] Elsa
07-29-16, 03:28 PM
These are Scarab and Radioactive Dragon, which can be won as a rare drop in the Overgrowth Dragon side of the mine. They do not drop from mining land.

tuffyjkitten
07-29-16, 03:55 PM
Yay, thanks for bringing these back! I was a few pieces short on radioactive and hopefully can find the egg.

31aug2002
07-29-16, 03:57 PM
Great !!! Thank you!! I don't have either so would be real cool if I get them !!!

mystctattoo
07-29-16, 04:18 PM
Good luck all! With 3 islands and 126 bombs 54 on 1 island alone (I hate mining and had no plans to even try for overgrowth) I got no egg. Seems like a way to push people that are on the fence about the evolution temple to buy it. I did buy it don't get me wrong but even as a high level player 150 and above I still have so many dragons to evolve. The eggs just shouldn't be the push needed to buy it is all I mean

D_Raho
07-29-16, 04:51 PM
This isn't iOS or Android exclusive, is it? Available on both platforms?

AudySpain
07-29-16, 04:55 PM

I got the pop up on Android so I would imagine it's both platforms ((:

topgate44
07-29-16, 06:00 PM
Just mined for overgrowth over 200 never got it

FieldsLikeB
07-29-16, 06:36 PM

Yes it's both I got radioactive from mining for overgrowth. Good luck!

seisurreal
07-29-16, 10:48 PM
Hi All,

Saw this pop up!

Please share the mechanics of getting these 2 eggs, ty! ★

Niire
07-29-16, 10:49 PM
Those are the ones folks are getting from mining the dragon side of the mine, rare drop from that. :)

glenngenius
07-29-16, 11:15 PM
Scarab and Radioactive Dragon eggs! :)

pernmagic
07-30-16, 12:34 AM
Good incentive for me to catch up on my mining as I find it boring , especially as I don't have either of the two "surprise" dragons :)

hiabarara
07-30-16, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

Saw this pop up!

Please share the mechanics of getting these 2 eggs, ty! ★

Whoa, that's pretty cool! A while ago some people suggested to add some hidden gold or special items in the mine and I really liked this idea.
Now all you guys with 500+ bombs can use your bombs :D

But unfortunately I haven't seen this pop up yet. Do I only need to wait a bit longer or is it iOS only again?

Niire
07-30-16, 10:16 AM
I got the pop up on android. :)

hiabarara
07-30-16, 10:36 AM
I got the pop up on android. :)

After a restart I got it, yay! :)

TwiWoods
07-30-16, 12:35 PM
I'm curious if the 'near' and 'very close' clues help to locate the eggs or just for Overgrowth parts. Has anyone that found an egg yet let me know? Thanks

hiabarara
07-30-16, 12:57 PM
This is probably for a limited time only. So how long do we have? Until Tuesday?

Sandybellee
07-30-16, 01:53 PM
I'm curious if the 'near' and 'very close' clues help to locate the eggs or just for Overgrowth parts. Has anyone that found an egg yet let me know? Thanks

I'm wondering about this also. I'm halfway to getting Overgrowth and no gift egg yet.

gisellepersad
07-30-16, 02:36 PM
Over 200 pieces for overgrowth so far & no egg so I'm not banking on getting it...

Kennedward
07-30-16, 04:49 PM
No eggs for me, despite mined for 600 pieces

belarica
07-30-16, 05:45 PM

Quite a few people posted in the overgrowth thread. Myself found scarab just a bit after the mine opened again for overgrowth. I got scarab instead of a piece to craft with.

groovyedwin
07-30-16, 06:27 PM
Got a popup notice yesterday after 12.30pm central time. Looks like it became available just yesterday.

kimandamelia
07-30-16, 08:33 PM
This is a great idea! I would love to see some of the old IOS only dragons Android users missed out on for years we couldn't do the events and mines. I already have both of these...

belarica
07-30-16, 09:36 PM
Got a popup notice yesterday after 12.30pm central time. Looks like it became available just yesterday.

It's been available since overgrowth was put in the mine.

THEprincepippa
07-31-16, 06:24 AM
I hope they'll bring back the Ivory and Obsidian dragons sometime- those ones are awesome.

belarica
07-31-16, 06:58 AM
I hope they'll bring back the Ivory and Obsidian dragons sometime- those ones are awesome.

I really hope for sunstone and gargoyle :D

Megacharchar
07-31-16, 10:39 AM
It's been available since overgrowth was put in the mine.
If it's been available since the beginning of the overgrowth mining..... Why would we just now get the pop-up?? Just curious what reason S8 would have to NOT inform players. Doesn't make sense.

Sandybellee
07-31-16, 10:43 AM
If it's been available since the beginning of the overgrowth mining..... Why would we just now get the pop-up?? Just curious what reason S8 would have to NOT inform players. Doesn't make sense.

I don't know but people have been reporting finding the eggs since the day Overgrowth became available.

belarica
07-31-16, 10:45 AM

I don't know why. All I know is that I found scarab about an hour after the mine opened again for overgrowth.

LocalNews
08-01-16, 06:29 AM
My mining is blocked since my expansion is maxed. Any way I can participate trying to get those eggs? I don't have either of the dragons.

Niire
08-01-16, 06:45 AM
It's the dragon parts side that the eggs drop on, the egg will replace the dragon part you get if you get it. It's the bombs you get from evolving you need to work it. :)

I haven't scored yet, but many have. grats to those people, and good luck to those like me still trying! <3

roguebee
08-01-16, 06:47 AM
Yes. The dragon eggs are only on the Mine for Dragon side of the mine. Anyone with access to the mine has a chance to mine for the usual dragon parts and the rare drop opportunity for the two expired dragons.

Scarlet_Sky
08-01-16, 01:48 PM
Yesterday I while mining, I received a dragon (not sure which it one it was) but when I finished the last of my mining for more rewards, I checked my storage and I didn't have the dragon I found mining.

I know I'm going to be told to report this to admin, but the couple of times I've had things go missing in the past, I'm told there's nothing they can do about it. It's frustrating. I hope I get lucky enough to mine another egg before this event ends.

harobeda
08-01-16, 01:59 PM
I got one July 22, way before they announced it in the pop ups.

freshfunin2008
08-01-16, 03:28 PM
dropped over 100 bombs in multiple accounts and nothing. They must be rare indeed. Did anyone get even 1 egg? When does this end? Did it end already?

freshfunin2008
08-01-16, 03:33 PM
ah I see some people are getting the eggs. That is good to know. My luck is still bad

roguebee
08-01-16, 04:03 PM
I'm not too upset about not getting either dragon yet as I had collected both when they first came out.

Kennedward
08-01-16, 09:14 PM
I'm not too upset about not getting either dragon yet as I had collected both when they first came out.

Same here, but my concern would be my lack of space for more dragons on my island lol

Megacharchar
08-02-16, 03:43 AM
I don't know but people have been reporting finding the eggs since the day Overgrowth became available.
Thanks for the info on that. You have to admit it's strange that S8 would just now tell us that it's possible to mine an egg when it's been in there since the start of overgrowth.

I'm sooooooo behind on getting enough parts to craft this guy anyway.... Only have 98 pieces right now. Is it just me or does 300 parts needed to craft seem ridiculously high?

pernmagic
08-02-16, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the info on that. You have to admit it's strange that S8 would just now tell us that it's possible to mine an egg when it's been in there since the start of overgrowth.

I'm sooooooo behind on getting enough parts to craft this guy anyway.... Only have 98 pieces right now. Is it just me or does 300 parts needed to craft seem ridiculously high?
No prize eggs for me either and 300 is taking forever ..

Jrod333
08-02-16, 06:50 AM
This is a great idea! I would love to see some of the old IOS only dragons Android users missed out on for years we couldn't do the events and mines. I already have both of these...

Yea exactly. They keep re-releasing dragons that were already released to android and ios. There are still quite a few not released to android at all. Platinum, Gargoyle, Magma

Clark_Wayne
08-02-16, 11:12 AM
my baby account got scarab from mine :)

Niire
08-02-16, 05:11 PM
I had no luck at all through the first 330 mining parts. I started mining today, and scored a radioactive. Then, my youngest child jumped up on my desk, and i asked him if he was gonna be good luck for me, and he squeak-meowed at me...like 6 tries later, I got scarab! :D I squealed loud and scared my poor baby, lmao. :)

Good luck to those still trying for these and congrats to scorers! <3

Burrymillz
08-02-16, 05:25 PM
I was able to get both still only have 240 parts for overgrowth

meoconlunar
08-03-16, 12:29 AM
My friend post this pic in our Dragon Story group :

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32675&d=1470209391 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32675&d=1470209391)

Natasha_07
08-03-16, 12:01 PM
Still none for me, I really would like to have scarab. :(

Hawk1
08-03-16, 12:06 PM
It would be nice to get one of these dragons, but I won't hold my breath.

Bastiaan0
08-05-16, 12:36 PM
I had no luck at all through the first 330 mining parts. I started mining today, and scored a radioactive. Then, my youngest child jumped up on my desk, and i asked him if he was gonna be good luck for me, and he squeak-meowed at me...like 6 tries later, I got scarab! :D I squealed loud and scared my poor baby, lmao. :)

Good luck to those still trying for these and congrats to scorers! <3

Aw, that's too cute ;) Maybe I should try that too, as I have two 10 weeks old red/white brothers :) But not for mining as I have both dragons, but perhaps for a certain ultra rare breed :p

moonchild1987
08-05-16, 12:58 PM
Niire & Bastiaan- It took me entirely too long to realize you guys was talking about cats. I had this flash of a image of human children jumping up on a desk and I was terribly confused, lol. My Yorkie likes to play DS, he sticks his little nose all over my iPad while I'm playing. He has never brought me any luck just likes to mess everything up but by some miracle he has yet to spend gold on anything. He might get grounded for that!

31aug2002
08-08-16, 02:59 AM
I have been mining like crazy what with collecting so many bombs due to non stop evolving with my now 2 Evolution dens for the leaderboard. Also it requires a massive 300 pieces to craft the Overgrowth dragon
I am close to 250 pcs and had totally given up on getting any egg from mining . But couple of mins ago this is what I received. ... So super HAPPY!!!

Happy hunting for people who still looking for them.

Sandybellee
08-08-16, 05:40 AM
I now have 51 pieces towards a second Overgrowth and no prize egg. :( I guess these are ultra rare or not available to everyone.

Megacharchar
08-08-16, 08:57 AM
When does this event end?

insomniadreams88
08-08-16, 09:08 AM
The Scarab Dragon dropped for me last night, but I already have one, so that's going to be staying in Storage.

amalsaba
08-08-16, 02:52 PM
No luck yet

Niire
08-08-16, 03:12 PM
Niire & Bastiaan- It took me entirely too long to realize you guys was talking about cats. I had this flash of a image of human children jumping up on a desk and I was terribly confused, lol. My Yorkie likes to play DS, he sticks his little nose all over my iPad while I'm playing. He has never brought me any luck just likes to mess everything up but by some miracle he has yet to spend gold on anything. He might get grounded for that!

My second youngest has actually bought gold for me before, a few times. I had to set a password, lol. But yeah, I cannot have human babies, my kitties are my children! :) All 4 of them like to "help" me play. :p

It took aloot of patience mining to get those 2 dragons. No second temple for me yet due to being on android still. I am definitely getting an IPad, sometime in the near future, my droid is having issues with responding on the right side. I love mining though, and the addition of these older mining dragons? I LOVE it! That scarab is already level 8, as I love Egyptian themed stuff. <3

Don't give up amalsaba, I was close to giving up myself! Good hunting all, and grats to scorers!!

belarica
08-08-16, 03:18 PM
My second youngest has actually bought gold for me before, a few times. I had to set a password, lol. But yeah, I cannot have human babies, my kitties are my children! :) All 4 of them like to "help" me play. :p

It took aloot of patience mining to get those 2 dragons. No second temple for me yet due to being on android still. I am definitely getting an IPad, sometime in the near future, my droid is having issues with responding on the right side. I love mining though, and the addition of these older mining dragons? I LOVE it! That scarab is already level 8, as I love Egyptian themed stuff. <3

Don't give up amalsaba, I was close to giving up myself! Good hunting all, and grats to scorers!!

If you're talking about not being able to open the event icons, you're not alone. I have to press the wheel a bunch for it to open now and I'm on an iPad. Pretty sure it's on s8s end and not the device.

Eluzyion
08-08-16, 03:26 PM
If you're talking about not being able to open the event icons, you're not alone. I have to press the wheel a bunch for it to open now and I'm on an iPad. Pretty sure it's on s8s end and not the device.

Same here, it takes multiple tries to open the wheel or leaderboard, and even when wheel is open it takes a few tries to get it to spin.. It's even stopped on an item and backed up two spaces as if it was preset to stop on a certain thing! Wierd. I'm on iOS too

hungryres
08-09-16, 05:04 AM
I was just mining, and one of the hit, screen showed two 1x,(it was a flash n i did t really pay notice n just keep mining) and at the endof that section of mining, strange thing occur, on right top of screen, bonus item : next tp the apple was a green dragon.
I was excited, n just go back to my island to collect my plant. After I collected two or three farms, i saw the hideous fruitful processing screen, ,, after loading, n continued with collecting and planting, i checked my storage n did not find any new dragon in my possession, what should i do?
I didnot make screencap at the end of mining sessions, so is there nothing i can do?

kooky panda
08-09-16, 08:07 AM
I was just mining, and one of the hit, screen showed two 1x,(it was a flash n i did t really pay notice n just keep mining) and at the endof that section of mining, strange thing occur, on right top of screen, bonus item : next tp the apple was a green dragon.
I was excited, n just go back to my island to collect my plant. After I collected two or three farms, i saw the hideous fruitful processing screen, ,, after loading, n continued with collecting and planting, i checked my storage n did not find any new dragon in my possession, what should i do?
I didnot make screencap at the end of mining sessions, so is there nothing i can do?
Please try restarting your game and check your inventory again.
If he is not there, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

[S8] Elsa
08-09-16, 10:24 AM

Please message me the ticket number when you contact support. :)

lisabandit2
08-09-16, 10:49 AM
Did I miss when this ends/ended?

byteme77
08-09-16, 11:46 AM
Mined 150 pieces and still not seen any other eggs in the bombing process

Werekatze
08-10-16, 06:23 PM

I just experienced this, as well. After mining a cute little green dragon (it wasn't an egg picture, it was a baby dragon), I got a loading screen and no bombs showed as used. Even tried another bomb and it showed my previous game's blast holes. I mined rocks but the reward screen showed no progress when I was done. Checked my inventory and no cute little green dragon. Closed out game and reloaded in, still no dragon. I sent an email to support. I really want my cute little green dragon! =D

monbohn
08-10-16, 10:47 PM

So Android is why I don't have another temple available to me....I wish I had a second one as 300 pieces is a lot and I really wanted Overgrowth. But I'll keep working on it just in case we get longer to do it or they have another double pieces weekend. And in the hopes of finding an egg. :D

My kitties are my children as well and are also very "helpful", lol.

Werekatze
08-11-16, 12:14 PM
I just experienced this, as well. After mining a cute little green dragon (it wasn't an egg picture, it was a baby dragon), I got a loading screen and no bombs showed as used. Even tried another bomb and it showed my previous game's blast holes. I mined rocks but the reward screen showed no progress when I was done. Checked my inventory and no cute little green dragon. Closed out game and reloaded in, still no dragon. I sent an email to support. I really want my cute little green dragon! =D

Support resolved this quickly and my baby Radioactive dragon is in my inventory!! Yay! =D

Hawk1
08-11-16, 12:44 PM
:( 367 mossy stones but no eggs

Eluzyion
08-11-16, 02:58 PM

Same here.. I'm 40 away from mossy dragon reward but haven't gotten any dragons along the way..where's my surprise? :(

Sandybellee
08-11-16, 03:53 PM

Same here.. I'm 40 away from mossy dragon reward but haven't gotten any dragons along the way..where's my surprise? :(

I'm in the same boat. I have mined 382 mossy rocks - no surprise egg. :(

Hepatu
08-12-16, 11:44 AM
Yayzzz. Just got scarab so now I have both☺☺☺☺

random59
08-12-16, 11:53 AM
210 parts into my 2nd dragon and no dragon finds, woul love radioactive as my game was playing up when that was available.

freshfunin2008
08-12-16, 04:03 PM
No egg for me in any of my accounts

Ilsadrago
08-25-16, 12:53 PM
It looks like the eggs end on the 26th. Lots of mining. 478 stones. No eggs for me. :(

starship412
08-25-16, 01:09 PM
Got 2 Scarab eggs. I hope I find Radioactive before this ends, lol.

amerirish
08-25-16, 01:19 PM
I didn't find any surprise eggs in the mine either, but I'm very lucky to have both Radioactive and Scarab already. Kinda hoping if they put other eggs in again that I already have them too :)

byteme77
08-25-16, 01:20 PM
It looks like the eggs end on the 26th. Lots of mining. 478 stones. No eggs for me. :(

Me either think we need a 3rd mine for old part eggs and the other mine reopend and dynamite used in both

Natasha_07
08-25-16, 01:27 PM
Got 2 Scarab eggs. I hope I find Radioactive before this ends, lol.

Wow, you're lucky. Mind sharing one, LOL! :)

Xyn25
08-25-16, 01:28 PM
No surprise eggs for me either, though I did stop mining once I had enough to craft Overgrowth. I hope with the new mining dragon we get different ones as I'd love a chance to get mining dragons previously unavailable to Android.

roguebee
08-25-16, 03:21 PM
I didn't find any surprise eggs in the mine either, but I'm very lucky to have both Radioactive and Scarab already. Kinda hoping if they put other eggs in again that I already have them too :)

I can share the same experience. Wonder if there was a flag in the coding if both, then neither...

JMThrive
08-25-16, 03:33 PM
I got a Scarab dragon while mining for mossy stones. Wasn't paying attention, but there it was in my storage when I finished the last tournament.

amalsaba
08-25-16, 11:20 PM
I didn't get any of them. I crafted overgrowth and have over 100 spare parts but no surprise eggs for me. I got a few more bombs to play with. I might try my luck before they go for good.... (hopefully they were in my mines to start with!!!

Sandybellee
08-26-16, 01:49 AM
I didn't find any eggs either even after mining 444 Overgrowth parts.

Kennedward
08-26-16, 08:38 AM
No eggs for me either

Ilsadrago
08-26-16, 08:39 AM

I just got Scarab! I'm going to speed up evolution 2 hours to try for Radioactive before time runs out!

Natasha_07
08-26-16, 08:54 AM
No eggs for me here, wish there was another way to get the scarab dragon. :(

Bastiaan0
08-26-16, 10:33 AM
482 mossy stones, 1 Scarab. Exactly the one I didn't have, so I'm not complaining. But as I read some people got nothing, I think S8 should call it an 'ultra rare drop' next time :rolleyes:

nicsdragonisle
08-26-16, 11:53 AM
5 games, 400+ pieces on each. 1 Scarab. Got him yesterday.

Kennedward
08-26-16, 05:35 PM
Got all 350 pieces for Sulfur, but still no eggs for me, ah well, just 1 more dragon won't make any difference for me

Clark_Wayne
08-26-16, 06:07 PM
Got all 350 pieces for Sulfur, but still no eggs for me, ah well, just 1 more dragon won't make any difference for me

why i'm not surprised that you already have the 350 parts ? LOL

btw i got the Rune dragon as bonus (cf "sulfur" thread)

i crafted 2 the 1st time. this one will stay in storage ;)

Kennedward
08-26-16, 06:18 PM
why i'm not surprised that you already have the 350 parts ? LOL

btw i got the Rune dragon as bonus (cf "sulfur" thread)

i crafted 2 the 1st time. this one will stay in storage ;)

lol congrats!