PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Evolution Temple (Android) before Leaderboard Event?

papalove1
07-28-16, 05:07 PM
Just wondering if android players are going to have this before the next Leaderboard event?
Wouldn't be very fair otherwise...

[S8] Elsa
07-28-16, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately, the Android update will not be available in time for the Leaderboard event. We apologize for the inconvenience. :(

Please note that iOS and Android are matched separately, so this will not impact Android players in the Leaderboard because they will only be matched with other Android players.

papalove1
07-28-16, 05:26 PM
This is ok, except I've noticed that if you used to play ios and have switched to android you still get stuck competing against ios players. How can this be fixed? Since I noticed this, I pulled out an old iphone that I can tether to get around it. But it's just a real pain to do so. And I'm sure there are a lot of other players that have switched platforms too.
Thanks for the timely reply..

Niire
07-28-16, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but i have had people with arctic isles competing against me in the past few boards. So I imagine that it's happening to others as well. Also, the amount of points needed to achieve milestones seems to go up and I am guessing it's due to IoS getting that extra stuff droid does not have. I'm not meaning to be combative, just stating my observations. Leaderboards are definitely one sided before the evo temples, and now you might as well hand it over to IoS players...

Now, I don't bother with the leaderboard itself, It's a matter of principle and being fair to everyone. back to feeling totally like the red headed step child again.

[S8] Elsa
07-28-16, 05:47 PM
This is ok, except I've noticed that if you used to play ios and have switched to android you still get stuck competing against ios players. How can this be fixed? Since I noticed this, I pulled out an old iphone that I can tether to get around it. But it's just a real pain to do so. And I'm sure there are a lot of other players that have switched platforms too.
Thanks for the timely reply..

You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event. If your group changed based on the platform you log in on, it might create room for people to just switch off to a group they were 'winning' in. So we don't move groups after you're matched.

And we also can't just block you from the event if your platform changes, because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn. :(

Hopefully this helps show that we care and we've thought about this deeply and with much consideration (and continue to do so).

We're working on updating Android, so these new features will available soon-ish-ish.

papalove1
07-28-16, 05:52 PM
Thanks Elsa for clarification..

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 05:54 PM
Elsa;1325909']You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event. If your group changed based on the platform you log in on, it might create room for people to just switch off to a group they were 'winning' in. So we don't move groups after you're matched.

And we also can't just block you from the event if your platform changes, because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn. :(

Hopefully this helps show that we care and we've thought about this deeply and with much consideration (and continue to do so).

We're working on updating Android, so these new features will available soon-ish-ish.

So in theory if you have two devices and normally on iOS you could at 1231 central time log on to a Android device be paired with Android users and simply switch back to iOS at 1232 giving you an advantage? Or did I not understand your post correctly?

[S8] Elsa
07-28-16, 06:02 PM
So in theory if you have two devices and normally on iOS you could at 1231 central time log on to a Android device be paired with Android users and simply switch back to iOS at 1232 giving you an advantage? Or did I not understand your post correctly?

Whatever device you're on when you're matched, that's the platform you'll be grouped with. It doesn't change.

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 06:09 PM
Elsa;1325919']Whatever device you're on when you're matched, that's the platform you'll be grouped with. It doesn't change.

Ty for the quick reply

D_Raho
07-29-16, 01:35 AM
I just hope the Milestones aren't based around the potential for one to have a second Evolution Temple. That would be so unfair to Android players. I'm on iOS for this game most of the time simply because of a lack of some features on Android. But even with three Nests, Arctic Isles, and with me practically having no life so I can play this game day and night, I still can barely hit all the Milestones without spending Gold. For those without all this stuff and with families and busy schedules, I simply can't imagine how some of them can compete in an event like the Leaderboards.

As far as the feature differences are concerned, with the dozens of different Android OS variants, each potentially with their own custom UI, utilizing different APIs, different hardware, and all the other possible combinations, I really don't envy Storm8 developers trying to get update the app, while not breaking it for many other players. Good luck.

lenasdinner
07-29-16, 07:13 AM
ohh come on...I don't buy this. how come when Leaderboard event starts after 2 min I have at least 2 IOS players in my group.those who are playin on two devices,I don't think that they don't have artic isle on IOS device.In my opinion that island can't be moved from acount if you start playin it once,only player can't see it if he is loged in on android device and can't use IOS fetures on android,and when is on IOS it's there.one acount is one acount,if you play your game on IOS and android device,everything that is avelible for IOS is there,so that's IOS player......sorry but I don't buy this.

and this is not a case,quote by Elsa ".....because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn......" like a milion people drops phone in pool just when Leaderboard event starts,and they have everything ready,Artic isle full of dragons.Really?...please.....

at the end android player can't reach last milestone without using any gold,so those points to reach are not realistic for us androids.the only time that I could reach it was when I bought the roost for Tropic Tides event(it was on sale for gold ),and I bearly made it,and maybe I even wouldet if there wasent that spin glitch that happend when event started.

I personaly don't go for the main first prize of this event,because I saw that is no rechable for me,I don't even mind IOS players in my group beacuse I don't compete in this event,so thay don't boather me.I am only boatherd buy that, that the last milestone points are not reachable for us androids,and that has nothing to do with IOS players in my group.
and now thay have 2nd evolution temple and we don't,just before event has to start,that's + more points. Thank you very much,I bet the milestone points will be even biger this time because of that...well...will see about that.

Clark_Wayne
07-29-16, 07:48 AM
ohh come on...I don't buy this. how come when Leaderboard event starts after 2 min I have at least 2 IOS players in my group.those who are playin on two devices,I don't think that they don't have artic isle on IOS device.In my opinion that island can't be moved from acount if you start playin it once,only player can't see it if he is loged in on android device and can't use IOS fetures on android,and when is on IOS it's there.one acount is one acount,if you play your game on IOS and android device,everything that is avelible for IOS is there,so that's IOS player......sorry but I don't buy this.

and this is not a case,quote by Elsa ".....because if you drop your phone in the pool and you get a different device we wouldn't want to say you can't play just because your summer fun took a bad turn......" like a milion people drops phone in pool just when Leaderboard event starts,and they have everything ready,Artic isle full of dragons.Really?...please.....

at the end android player can't reach last milestone without using any gold,so those points to reach are not realistic for us androids.the only time that I could reach it was when I bought the roost for Tropic Tides event(it was on sale for gold ),and I bearly made it,and maybe I even wouldet if there wasent that spin glitch that happend when event started.

I personaly don't go for the main first prize of this event,because I saw that is no rechable for me,I don't even mind IOS players in my group beacuse I don't compete in this event,so thay don't boather me.I am only boatherd buy that, that the last milestone points are not reachable for us androids,and that has nothing to do with IOS players in my group.
and now thay have 2nd evolution temple and we don't,just before event has to start,that's + more points. Thank you very much,I bet the milestone points will be even biger this time because of that...well...will see about that.

i play on iOS and i know that i only reached last milestones prize because i could use arctic isles breeding and evolution. so i agree that it is really hard for Android players to get the last milestones prize without use gold

[S8] Elsa
07-29-16, 10:29 AM
I hope I helped answer everyone's questions. Since there's both a Leaderboard Thread and an Evolution Temple thread, we'll be closing this one. We hope you enjoy the event. :)