PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Event coming soon

19sparkles96
07-28-16, 12:39 PM
With latest IOS update, a Leaderboard competition is looming in our future.

HuckBellery
07-28-16, 12:49 PM
I like everything about this update except Leaderboard thing.. Expansions - awesome, Filter - very nice, Fountain of Youth - good. But Leaderboard is the worst event (IMO) in DS and now TL adds it here. :( They must hate us a lot, lol. Hope that milestones are going to be at least satisfying. :)

Clark_Wayne
07-28-16, 12:56 PM
omg , that's bad news for ffs ! well i already hate leaderboard in DS and stopped them after 2 stressing leaderboard, don't count on me for leaderboard in FFS !

but good news : we are going to have expansion :)

ninasidstorm8
07-28-16, 01:14 PM
I don't like the idea of the Leaderboard event either. My guess is that it will replace the World Event and wait until next week to start

If the Fountain of Youth feature follows the DS model, it will be a habitat (that costs gems) that displays animals as babies while retaining their higher level.

Expansins will be welcome. I wonder if the new Poppy Pony will introduce a new element.

Looks like we have a new icon for the App update and the font for the nimbers on the top and side of the screen has changed to a larger one.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Clark_Wayne
07-28-16, 03:42 PM
I don't like the idea of the Leaderboard event either. My guess is that it will replace the World Event and wait until next week to start

If the Fountain of Youth feature follows the DS model, it will be a habitat (that costs gems) that displays animals as babies while retaining their higher level.

Expansins will be welcome. I wonder if the new Poppy Pony will introduce a new element.

Looks like we have a new icon for the App update and the font for the nimbers on the top and side of the screen has changed to a larger one.

my guess is that world event will disappear : for DS , we haven't got world event since may 2016

i tried the filters : they are good but not as good as in DS :D

TwiWoods
07-28-16, 06:40 PM
Got an in game popup that Leaderboard starts tomorrow. :(

Buttercup0001
07-28-16, 06:57 PM

Font has changed in the battlegrounds

Update is great bar the Leaderboards. We'll see what tomorrow brings

federerGOAT
07-29-16, 04:36 AM
What is leaderboard?
How do we play it?

supster50
07-29-16, 05:36 AM
What is leaderboard?
How do we play it?

Good question, I would like to know also. Would some seasoned friend like to explain please.
Thanks in advance

debrasbistro
07-29-16, 06:08 AM
Ugh

AuroraLava
07-29-16, 06:29 AM
Good question, I would like to know also. Would some seasoned friend like to explain please.
Thanks in advance

A leaderboard is a competition among players for a prize. In Dragon Story you have to do different things (it changes each time) eg hatching, feeding, or evolving and you get points for each hour those things take. The pop up screen will tell you what each task is and how many points you get.

In DS you are placed in groups of 20 and the 1st place got a new dragon, 2nd and 3rd got some other items (I forgot) and lesser prizes all the way down to the last person.

The requirements changed for each DS leaderboard so until this one for FFS actually starts no one really knows what you will be required to do.

Silverrain1
07-29-16, 10:20 AM
I didn't play dragon story for long at all so I never tried a leader board. I will give it a go but people don't seem to enthusiastic about it.

Sakrysta
07-29-16, 11:37 AM
As for the font change, I think that's just a fix for a break that iOS caused several updates ago.

Sandybellee
07-29-16, 11:45 AM
First of all: leaderboards on FFS... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :p

But I'm very happy about the expansions (we got a huge new area!) and Poppy Pony! :)

31aug2002
07-29-16, 11:46 AM
It seems that TL is hell bent on pushing this event here too , even after having so much negative feedback on the event in DS.
For the uninitiated it is a community event where you are placed with randomly selected 19 more players and you are playing against each other to gain maximum points to earn the first prize.. Which is usually a new dragon ( here it would be a unique animal.)
You do have certain milestones where you get randomly selected prizes, could be food, leaderboard points coins or even a decoration
In DS they have some dragons thrown in to keep your interest alive.
Also one can get more points by buying hourly boosts by spending gold / gems.
So ultimately the more you spend , more leaderboard points one gets...
It is a mad scramble to reach the top.

WELL NO THANK YOU TL.

Niire
07-29-16, 11:58 AM
yup, leaderboards are a money sink so they can get a ton of profit. The one they have on DS right now is icky compared to others...

Did this go live today? Because I didn't see a poppy pony, or expansions, or the board, and the celestial habitats are usually on sale during a week of zodiac, but none are this time. ><

AuroraLava
07-29-16, 03:11 PM
yup, leaderboards are a money sink so they can get a ton of profit. The one they have on DS right now is icky compared to others...

Did this go live today? Because I didn't see a poppy pony, or expansions, or the board, and the celestial habitats are usually on sale during a week of zodiac, but none are this time. ><

Niire the Poppy pony is a download of a new version in the app store. Here is the android version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fantasy55

After you download that you will see the green area has been expanded. The leaderboard is not active yet.

Someone mentioned the celestial habitats are not on sale now because they each went on sale twice. I forgot which post but if you scroll back you can probably see it. EDIT: they have not gone on sale twice...I was just repeating what someone said and I was not sure.

Niire
07-29-16, 10:10 PM
Well, we have 6 celestial animals (7 with Leo)...so they all couldn't have gone on sale twice, lol. But yah, my game for some reason had not updated and I now have the poppy pony and expansions. Still not looking forward to the leaderboard destroying another great game though. :(

ashanthya
07-30-16, 10:25 AM
It seems that TL is hell bent on pushing this event here too , even after having so much negative feedback on the event in DS.
[...]
WELL NO THANK YOU TL.
If you visit the DS forums, you know that the whales love leaderboard events even if no one else does. To get the kind of scores they regularly post on the DS forum, a few people are literally spending hundreds and thousands of real life cash dollars/euros!

saucysammis
07-30-16, 01:13 PM
If you visit the DS forums, you know that the whales love leaderboard events even if no one else does. To get the kind of scores they regularly post on the DS forum, a few people are literally spending hundreds and [i]thousands[\i] of real life cash dollars/euros!

This is good to know. If I play I won't stress or fall into a trap of thinking a gem here or there will make a difference!

As far as being surprised that it's being brought over here what with negative feedback on the forums, I'd guess the hundreds and thousands of dollars and euros that are spent would be translated as a more compelling and positive feedback....

Who knows, it could be formulated completely differently over here. Being as we can't get more than one nest, one den, or one Evo flower no matter how much cash we have, perhaps they designed the playing field to be more level.

However it is I'm sort of curious to see how it goes. Maybe we can enjoy the collateral prizes. I long ago made my peace with not getting every animal. I have collected habitats.....but I may have to make a little peace on that too.

ashanthya
07-31-16, 03:23 AM
Actually, it depends on who your randomly assigned competitors are. I've been first place twice, when the other 19 didn't bother trying and I seem to always have to boost for gold once to get the final milestone dragon. I can't afford to buy gold, so all my gold in DS (and gems in FFS!) is through neighbors & game sampling. Now, I do have 2 nests, but I scrimp and save, never speed breed and buy only during specific sales. I doubt I'll get the current prize, however, because the current number 1 on my leaderboard seems to have every gold-only dragon, 3 nests, 2 breeding dens, and 2 evolution temples. :)

Eluzyion
08-02-16, 03:56 AM
I agree with others, I don't want the change.. I play CS, DS, and FFS and I will quit DS if they change FFS to mimic that game. I HATE leaderboard. I like that the games are DIFFERENT. I may not always get a world event animal I'd like.. But I'd rather try for it the way it is than battle others for it where it's mostly "pay to win" so many people give up and quit free to play, pay to win games. I've spent plenty but greedy games will be deleted, that's just how I feel about it. I'd rather feel free to buy if I want not have to in order to get anything. I've seen more games get abandoned when Devs do this type thing.., ~rant over

kooky panda
08-02-16, 03:06 PM
Event is now live. A new fresh thread has been started.
Summer Games Leaderboard Event - 08/02/2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?93302-Summer-Games-Leaderboard-Event-08-02-2016/page2)