PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard: Summer Games Event..starts 7/29 at 10:30 am PDT

Pages : [1] 2

AuroraLava
07-28-16, 10:35 AM
New Leaderboard event starts 7/29 at 10:30 am.
The Torchbearer awaits a winner.

Hmm I wonder if evolution will be a part of the tasks since IOS got a second evolution temple but those of us on Android did not. Good luck everyone...however you decide to play.

belarica
07-28-16, 10:42 AM
Count me out.

lenasdinner
07-28-16, 10:49 AM
Well...now I can say for shure that we can put a Community World Events in history of DS game.it seams that TL works agaist the players and make only what thay want and not makeing players wishes.ahhh well..."that's really smart".

I don't feel joy for this event at all,its 100% unfair event for android players,especially sice IOS player have now 2 evolution temple,....what's next?
I can understand for main dragon to get a first place,spend gold and try to win it,but at least milestone should be doable without spending any gold,but beeing android it'is really really hard to make the last one.

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 10:51 AM
8( I'm out

zyfazix
07-28-16, 10:57 AM
Uuuuhh,
Something as global as the Olympic games would have been a great opportunity to make a community event.

hiabarara
07-28-16, 11:06 AM
Rest in peace, World Events. But seriously, I'm sad. We only ever get the super stressful and/or frustrating events and we get them every week :mad:

meoconlunar
07-28-16, 11:08 AM
.... too ugly

farmday0123
07-28-16, 11:17 AM
That dragon look very kool , but i have to go out of town for church for a fews day in the weekend, so i may not get final trophy dragon, hope for milestones

savage_mel
07-28-16, 11:17 AM
Sooo disappointing. I really don't enjoy leaderboard events at all. I wonder if developers ever read the forums. I can't believe that they keep doing these events, knowing the strong dislike for them. And the leaderboard certainly didn't have to replace the community event. They could at least give us one of those once in awhile

starship412
07-28-16, 11:23 AM
People constantly express their dislikes for Leaderboards but they continue instead of World Events which are fairer to Android users (with the exception of the last WE that *****ed people out of the Blossom Dragon). If the Leaderboards continue at least make it a fair playing field sheesh.

starship412
07-28-16, 11:26 AM
Sooo disappointing. I really don't enjoy leaderboard events at all. I wonder if developers ever read the forums. I can't believe that they keep doing these events, knowing the strong dislike for them. And the leaderboard certainly didn't have to replace the community event. They could at least give us one of those once in awhile

It doesn't look like they read the forums because this goes on and on. So sad because they're losing players because of the Leaderboards favoring the iOS users and the rich who pour money into it to still finish below 3rd place anyway.

31aug2002
07-28-16, 11:26 AM
Great !!! Now I don't have to participate!! I can go on with my normal breeding evolving planting food .... Yay!!!

belarica
07-28-16, 11:32 AM
Great !!! Now I don't have to participate!! I can go on with my normal breeding evolving planting food .... Yay!!!

Right? I stopped doing the tales two events ago, so I am constantly feeding and evolving my dragons like I couldn't before.

roguebee
07-28-16, 11:47 AM
Uuuuhh,
Something as global as the Olympic games would have been a great opportunity to make a community event.

I was of the same opinion. Maybe we'll be lucky and only have a 7 day Leaderboard followed by the Olympics World Event. Oh well, one can dream...

random59
07-28-16, 11:49 AM
Right? I stopped doing the tales two events ago, so I am constantly feeding and evolving my dragons like I couldn't before.

Ditto, I might even achieve the milestone of being 20th this event by not participating but playing normally.(LOL)

AM feeling blessed at the moment as 2 days ago I actually bred a new dragon, 1st for me In I don't know how long!:)

DragonHeartKai
07-28-16, 12:02 PM

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 12:02 PM

Same

knj00
07-28-16, 12:34 PM
I agree with most of the sentiments expressed here so far... I'm disappointed that there will be another Leaderboard event and even more disappointed that it seems like World Events have been discontinued (last one was released May 10th).

Yet, I know some people like these Leaderboard events. Good luck to those able and willing to participate in the event.

Clark_Wayne
07-28-16, 12:52 PM
good luck to those who are doing leaderboard ;)
i will see what dragons we are having for the milestones : if there is an habitat, i will try for the habitat and may be for the dragons i don't have .
but no way to be stressed by leaderboard again :D

AuroraLava
07-28-16, 01:00 PM
I found that during the leaderboard events I was able to breed new dragons that I really wanted. I hope the trend continues. :)

Niire
07-28-16, 01:27 PM
yep. It wouldn't shock me in the least for evolution to still be a part of the leaderboard, and or android not to get the second temple for until after the event. Between this game and several others, this company is going downhill drastically, part of the reason I don't get on the forums near as much as I used to...

9krm
07-28-16, 02:18 PM
good luck to those who are doing leaderboard ;)
i will see what dragons we are having for the milestones : if there is an habitat, i will try for the habitat and may be for the dragons i don't have .
but no way to be stressed by leaderboard again :D

Yes that is what I will do as well.

FieldsLikeB
07-28-16, 02:26 PM
I refuse to participate in another Leader board Event. When the put getting what gives me four hour collecting right at the end of the month for us seniors that means we lose three days of collecting it is not worth participating. I am extremely angry now. They've taken my favorite event. The world events, we're about community this is about competition and about money.

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 03:18 PM
Only saying this so storm8 has to give more prizes out breed dino and dino you will always recive a rare or super rare or 2 commons less then 30 seconds 8) or diamond and forest for ultra rare bonus but can be many fails before you get the quetzal

bozotc19
07-28-16, 03:54 PM
What if they gave an event......and nobody played? Maybe that will get their attention. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of them shoving these leaderboard events that nobody wants! Arrogance!

chewingthecud
07-28-16, 05:56 PM
I don't actually mind the Leaderboard events anymore. I don't even contemplate competing rather hope for milestone dragons I don't have. I just play my normal game and in that way earn some free dragons - all good. :D

Burrymillz
07-28-16, 06:11 PM
Yea I hope there is a habitat i think that would be fair enough

Niire
07-28-16, 06:14 PM
I don't actually mind the Leaderboard events anymore. I don't even contemplate competing rather hope for milestone dragons I don't have. I just play my normal game and in that way earn some free dragons - all good. :D

Same here, but i do push to get to the final milestone. I imagine if I had the final dragon, I wouldn't do that, lol. :p

bakerystoe
07-28-16, 07:05 PM
Come on a leaderboard.oh it's again...

Dragosle
07-28-16, 08:24 PM
I'm fine to see this event once in a while.

But if S8 is going to replace this with the World Event in the future then it's really is an issue now :mad:

Xyn25
07-28-16, 08:30 PM
Well, leaderboard usually comes with free boosted breeding so something good might come out of this. Not too hyped for the prize dragon nor the competition itself.

naga2keren
07-28-16, 08:49 PM
Guys, this is just dragon story which we play everyday to have fun.... If you don't like some events just pass them. I think you don't need to be so serious and get mad just because of them.

I participate leaderboard event just to collect what I can get without using gold. To me it's like a challenge in this game. And I like to visit the island of the top list in my leaderboard group.
What I found there sometimes could really amaze me. All habitat are the ones which could have 4 dragons in each which cost 500 gold.
But I enjoy my amazemrnt. You know sometimes the top leader is just a rich kid... Lol

I hope you all can still enjoy the game like I do

porkchomp
07-28-16, 09:38 PM
Looking forward to it. Every other leaderboard I seem to end up in a modest gold spending group and have done well when that happens. This time should be modest, not crazy spending group. ☺

athenageez
07-28-16, 10:05 PM
Not participating.

When I see a Leaderboard event I breathe a sigh of relief. It lets me know exactly how many days I get for relaxed playing to stock up on food, and breed/evolve dragons I want. 🙋🏻

starship412
07-28-16, 10:41 PM
Mage/Dame of Darkness and Dueler redesigned, yay (sarcastically).

kat8rose
07-28-16, 11:13 PM
RIP community events?

07-28-16, 11:49 PM
I will participate in it , play my normal game without spending any gold to see how far I can go. This way is more enjoyable.

Werekatze
07-29-16, 01:32 AM
Agreed. I stopped buying gold when the last leaderboard came out instead of the World Event. Have not bought gold since, which I used to do fairly regularly. Not even to help me squeak by the last Tales step when I couldn't get the last lvl for Adventure dragon. I am over it. I fervently hoped to see that long hoped for WE to lessen the sting of such frequent leaderboards. I can understand why they are implementing leaderboards, but that doesn't mean they have to give their customer's favorite event the axe. I am going to hold onto hope that after this one we will get the WE. Maybe WE and Tales will be taking turns after each leaderboard.

I feel disenchanted by DS these days and sometimes slack off now, whereas before I was obsessed with the game, taking notes, keeping track of my pixel friends, giving them swaggy homes, and bouncing around neighbor islands. Since the last two leaderboards, I have noticed that my ton of neighbors have been playing less. Neighbors Isaw every day hardly show up now. I am trying to find a healthy way of accepting leaderboards by just playing stress free, look at it like a break from the Tales (which I enjoy as long as they aren't too close together), enjoy the fact that there are things to work towards always, and if there is a milestone prize I want then I will try to achieve it - without buying gold, more nests, or the statue that only works for this leaderboard. Unless it's a gorgeous decoration and my 4 gold dragons have earned me enough... which I am dismal at saving... but I miss seeing the neighbors I used to see every day. =(

Anyway, just hoping they reward us with a WE afterwards and that the milestones will be fun and not grossly out of reach without a heaping pile of gold.

Kennedward
07-29-16, 06:27 AM
Not participating, good luck to those who will though

Ilsadrago
07-29-16, 07:17 AM
I'm excited for the event because it gives me the opportunity to get new dragons and a great habitat! Breeding is frustrating because I rarely get something I don't have, even though I choose breeding pairs that should yield dragons I don't have at least a third of the time. Instead, it's mostly the same fails time after time. I've bred maybe 4 new dragons in 3 months. At least Leaderboard assures that I get new dragons. I've come to the conclusion that events, battles, and mining are the way to build my dragon collection. Breeding is the least likely way.

I don't really try to win the top prize I Leaderboard unless it is feasible. No crazy spending though! If I want to spend a bunch of gold, it will be to just buy what I want.

FieldsLikeB
07-29-16, 08:43 AM
Changing my mind due to two other cokments about just playing game as normal. That way I'll get one maybe two of whatever the goals are. I just wish they'd be another We. I miss them. Don't actually like the Torch and that's not sour grapes. But I will try for any black dragon they put out.

MarijeMig
07-29-16, 09:00 AM
Wouldn't it be the best joke ever if we al get the same points? That would make a tie for everyone so everyone should het first price. Probably impossible to do though...

Hawk1
07-29-16, 09:03 AM
It isn't worth stressing over leaderboard, last one I never did anything different from normal play...although those darn tree swings from STW were kind of annoying. S8 is obviously making a lot of money from leaderboard so it is not going away. My choice is to stockpile food and try to breed something new during this event and not think about ranking, and if I hit milestones that give me a dragon I don't have then it's a win for my island. Winning this event means nothing to me. Good luck to those who need/want the top prize

feonalily
07-29-16, 09:27 AM
i refuse to participate in these

candyland133
07-29-16, 10:41 AM
Definitely not participating. I have all of the milestones except for the Contender dragon and I'm not impressed with its design.

Sandybellee
07-29-16, 10:52 AM
I don't have any of the milestones so I'll see how many of those I can reach. Why don't we get habitats as milestones anymore? Those were my favorite. I would be much more motivated by habitats than dragons.

RhodryMaelwaedd
07-29-16, 10:59 AM
Can anyone tell me if breeding/evolving on the Arctic Isles gains points for the leaderboard as well? Or do only the main islands count?

Jennerwein1
07-29-16, 11:05 AM
Playing as usual. The only reason I care about leaderboard is that my Arctic Isles appear to be GONE! What' s up with that S8? I have spent resources there and now it is GONE! They were there earlier. Par for the course with this company, I guess.
And the "Prize Dragon" is an ugly rehash to boot. Come on now...
No more $ from me until this is rectified.

stashlova
07-29-16, 11:11 AM
I will play normally but not spend gold like in previous ones. I already have all the milestone dragons, didn't see a new habitat. The 8600 milestone dragon isn't worth the hassle imo.

Burrymillz
07-29-16, 11:13 AM
Very lame milestones I see this leaderboard making the least money thus far for storm8 I said it before and will say it again I will never spend any money on this game again iOS gets the advantages that android pays for

Niire
07-29-16, 11:31 AM
Yup, not wasting any gold on this leaderboard at all. I have all the milestone dragons but the new one, and it's not worth it to me. Also..I freaking called it, lol...they increased the amount needed to get the final milestone...so, I'll play as usual in my closet with the lock on the outside and wait like a good little red headed stepchild for my next meal. :(

Ilsadrago
07-29-16, 11:42 AM
It's game on in my group! They are boosting like crazy, lol! I don't have any of the milestones, so I get a double bonus: new dragons and watching people spend like mad to win a bunch of colorful pixels! I will only spend gold to reach milestones. I am sad there's no habitat.

moonchild1987
07-29-16, 12:02 PM
After one hour, the leader is at 4K. Second and third not far behind! all three have gold boost on. Thanks guys for making this easy on me, i will be a growing food and getting caught up for the next 11 days. I don't have any of the milestones so I'll go as far as I can but that's it.

Chelsea79
07-29-16, 12:15 PM
Wow not even an hour our top leaderboard already has almost 9k... Seriously ???

MarijeMig
07-29-16, 12:27 PM
People already going mad i see... Well, that would be the reason why there are so many lb-events in such short time. Not much happening in my groups. I myself will check once and again how far of milestones I'll be and maybe speed things up a bit if I like the milestone. I'll probably get stocked up on soccergoals aswell. Like I have any use for them ��

nyrrem
07-29-16, 12:53 PM
There is no point in going for anything but the milestones. I just looked st the top 3 in my group and all look like the love to spend gold and have at least 4 gold habitats with dragons. The person in #1 has an Arctic Isle -so much for ios and android being separated.

dragonv15
07-29-16, 01:20 PM
Can someone provide info for the dragons?

freshfunin2008
07-29-16, 01:23 PM
I did not know you can get tens of thousands so quickly. I wonder if it is S8 staff playing and making it harder for us all

lenasdinner
07-29-16, 01:52 PM
1st leaderboard prize:

Torchbearer Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Olympus White Red
Habitat: Shrine of Olympus, White Meadow, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 24 hours
Exp Gained: 975Exp

last milestone prize:

Contender Dragon
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Black Red
Habitat: Black Sands, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 28 hours
Exp Gained: 5 Exp

other milestone dragon prizes:

insomniadreams88
07-29-16, 02:03 PM
This might be the first grand prize dragon I want in all the leaderboard events. Still refuse to spend any gold unless it's at the very end and means the difference between getting the dragon definitively and not getting it.

eagles615
07-29-16, 02:10 PM
Your Artic isles should be there....look for the airship, hit it then travel. good luck in event.

kat8rose
07-29-16, 02:28 PM
Need someone from S8 PLEASE

I am on Android & have iOS players with Arctic isles and 2 evolution temples on my leaderboard! What is that! And what are guys going to do about it. So unfair!

S8 please help!

lisabandit2
07-29-16, 02:28 PM
Sigh....

Xyn25
07-29-16, 03:15 PM
So the wheel no longer has gold, we now get another piece of decor... and the final milestone has increased once again, while we android players don't have arctic isles and extra evolution temple. And there's no free boosted breeding either!
I just wish we had a world event instead.

missourijan
07-29-16, 03:17 PM
Android here...count me out.

So unfair. Why don't they listen to their community??????

07-29-16, 03:25 PM
I did not know you can get tens of thousands so quickly. I wonder if it is S8 staff playing and making it harder for us all

I think it s the SB staff playing, they want us to spend gold to catch up with them

sophiensissi
07-29-16, 03:32 PM
Wouldn't it be the best joke ever if we al get the same points? That would make a tie for everyone so everyone should het first price. Probably impossible to do though...

It's like hoping for world peace. You won't even be able to convince half of your leaderboard 20 players to do to let alone every player in the game. Funny thought though.

FieldsLikeB
07-29-16, 03:48 PM
Just realized I'm competing against IOS with two ET's back on non- participation. Sorry Storm 8, but Android players are not second class players. Sigh

zyfazix
07-29-16, 03:51 PM
I'm not even going to open an app with access to leaderboard. Whatever the reward is for it I am not interested

Medhba
07-29-16, 03:54 PM
I had no idea there was an active DS forum. I'm so happy to have found it/you all. :-)

Kennedward
07-29-16, 04:35 PM
1 to 4 - 1600 to 1400
5 to 15 - all around 300
15 to 20 - all around 100

Doesn't seem like there's much competition here, I'm at 10th place, but not going to spend gold to participate

lisabandit2
07-29-16, 04:38 PM
I had no idea there was an active DS forum. I'm so happy to have found it/you all. :-)

Welcome!

Ilsadrago
07-29-16, 04:45 PM

It took me a while to discover the forum; now I spend as much time reading posts as playing!! You will find the people here incredibly knowledgeable and helpful!

Werekatze
07-29-16, 04:57 PM

That's how I felt when I found it! Welcome!

monbohn
07-29-16, 05:02 PM
Well, I'm tired of back to back to back events. Feels more like work than fun. Between here and FFS it just takes up too much time. I spent gold when I wanted the cute clownfish dragon but I wouldn't even have come close without spending it. I'm taking this time to rebuild my food and evolve my gold dragons and some others I haven't gotten to. I'll play my usual game and if milestones come my way, that's great, but I'm not bothering to work at this one. Good luck to anyone participating. :)

Hello Medhba! You'll find everyone here to be very nic ed and very helpful. Finding these forums has helped me so much!!

Gaillock
07-29-16, 05:44 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the radiant flame where we go to checking for points every 2 hours in the tournament? Thanks.

belarica
07-29-16, 05:55 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but where is the radiant flame where we go to checking for points every 2 hours in the tournament? Thanks.

In the market for 150 gold

random59
07-29-16, 06:14 PM
Well, just took a look at my leaderboard Player 1 has already amassed over 5,500 crowns with only 1 Breeding den working, 3 nests, no GDP's and nothing happening on the Arctic Isles. Player 2 is 720 crowns! All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaillock
07-29-16, 09:07 PM
Oh, you have to pay for it?! Never mind.

glenngenius
07-29-16, 11:17 PM
Quick question: has anyone experienced a decrease in their points for an unknown reason? Earlier, I was at 300+ points then when I opened the app again, I was only at 200+ points. :(

pernmagic
07-30-16, 12:32 AM
Yuck.... Have all milestones dragons except the last .... So happily sitting at 19 /20 ....

Jennerwein1
07-30-16, 05:14 AM
Your Artic isles should be there....look for the airship, hit it then travel. good luck in event.

Airship had mysteriously disappeared, then showed up again on its own. I had closed out, deleted, all the usual procedures, which did nothing. Gremlins!

Kennedward
07-30-16, 06:02 AM
1. 2500
2 to 4 - 1600 to 1400
5 to 15 - all around 300
15 to 20 - all around 100

Basically only 1 boosted in my group, the rest are more or less the same

9krm
07-30-16, 09:13 AM
Usually I play with the milestones as my goal. This time, I have them all except the last one, and there is no habitat (booo!! :mad: ) so I'm probably not going to pay much attention to this leaderboard.

ladymakay
07-30-16, 09:47 AM
Wow, I haven't been on since the last Leaderboard event, stopped playing the last few days before it ended somehow I placed 2nd ?☺. No complaints here

chuckyt888
07-30-16, 09:57 AM
Anyone else only getting 25 points from chests on the spin? Every single chest I've spun has given 25 points.

Mods, is this intentional or is it an issue? If this is intentional it will make an already ridiculous 8600 milestone even that much harder to reach. The last leaderboard could give over 200 points at a time on a spin.

Anyone else only getting 25 points?

9krm
07-30-16, 10:00 AM
Anyone else only getting 25 points from chests on the spin? Every single chest I've spun has given 25 points.

Mods, is this intentional or is it an issue? If this is intentional it will make an already ridiculous 8600 milestone even that much harder to reach. The last leaderboard could give over 200 points at a time on a spin.

I have only gotten 25 points per chest as well. 3 chests so far, and 25 points each time.

Denfarm9
07-30-16, 10:30 AM
Good way to score some free dragons. Going to breed, battle and evolve anyway. Just not going to spend my hard earned gold like I did my first time. Maybe later after I have some gold producing dragons or win the lottery. Lol I love this game though. This forum is helping me soo very much. Thank you Storm8. And thanks to all that share.

nyrrem
07-30-16, 03:20 PM
Last time the higher you were of the LB the more likely of were to get 25 points in the chest.

Kennedward
07-30-16, 04:51 PM
1 & 2 - 2600
3 & 4 - 1800
5 to 15 - all around 1000
15 to 20 - all around 500

No competition here except for 1 & 2

9krm
07-30-16, 05:14 PM
Last time the higher you were of the LB the more likely of were to get 25 points in the chest.

Not this time, it seems. I am 12th and have only gotten 25 points per chest. It just happened again not 2 minutes ago.

bes7
07-30-16, 05:19 PM
Can anyone tell me if breeding/evolving on the Arctic Isles gains points for the leaderboard as well? Or do only the main islands count?

you getting some points from Arctic Isle, not many but still always some extra (what I'm doing also is evolving dragons to lev 4 then selling them and over and over as food there is quite expensive)

Kennedward
07-30-16, 05:40 PM
1 is boosting, now at 3300
2 - 2600
3 & 4 - 1800
5 to 15 - all around 1000
15 to 20 - all around 500

groovyedwin
07-30-16, 06:31 PM
Numerous are boosting in my group.

1 at 3437
2 at 3044
3 at 2443
4 at 1388
5 at 1256
6 at 1160
7 thru 15 between 1040 and 680
16 thru 19 in 400s
20 at 0

A pair of Temple Ruins from spin for random junk tries

kimandamelia
07-30-16, 08:23 PM
WHY are IOS and Android on the same Leaderboard? I thought that was the one thing that was going to be kept fair for us lowly Android players, now I look at my board and of course 1st and 2nd place are IOS players! Can we please get confirmation on this, I see I am not the only player this is happening to.

random59
07-30-16, 09:32 PM
WHY are IOS and Android on the same Leaderboard? I thought that was the one thing that was going to be kept fair for us lowly Android players, now I look at my board and of course 1st and 2nd place are IOS players! Can we please get confirmation on this, I see I am not the only player this is happening to.

Some of us have switched devices, my iOS device has a stability problem, even though my android device is slower I have no crashing issues with it. I only use iOS to rarely and then I have to delete the app and reinstall it and it will run for a couple of days and then back to android!

moonchild1987
07-30-16, 10:57 PM
Have found a bonus to being in a group with people with insane number of points, my chest from the wheel are 8x better than previous leaderboards. If things keep going the way they have been, I'll get the last milestone without a single gold bar spent. Btw, I don't think it's your place on the leaderboard that determines the amount you get from chest, rather than the amount of points behind. Example, someone in 10th place but only hundreds of points behind might not see a huge difference in chest points but, like me, someone thousands of points behind would get more points. Just speculation, though.

jjblueyes
07-30-16, 11:13 PM
Yuck.... Have all milestones dragons except the last .... So happily sitting at 19 /20 ....

Even newer players are sayin they have them all. I'm used to it- playing as long as i have I've had most of the milestone dragons and I can't even place any habitats because I'm maxed out. The recent adding more has done nothing to help because they are adding one per level. At my level, even playing a lot it takes quite awhile to level up. Each LB event gets more difficult to get the final prize and I'm not enjoying them at all. Each one less and less. It's the same everytime with huge points being put up fast and furious from hour one making most of us out of the running from the get go. Not sure why folks post here all day with the results of their groups. It's all the same for the most part, except those few lucky groups where everyone plays nice...it's a messed up event. I wouldn't even log in yesterday but I apologize pern- I forgot that meant I would be neglecting my dear nbrs of the daily gold gift. Please forgive.i sent today. I was just so annoyed I didn't want to look at it.
The saddest part of this whole nonsense is the removal of our world events. My favorite event of all and the biggest reason I played. This makes me crazy and I will continue my lack of spending money for this game. I won't support it any longer. I can't seem to get my feelings across or heard so I only have my pocketbook left. Sorry for the rant/Complaining over.
Thankfully I have great friends and nbrs like you.....

blueangel826
07-30-16, 11:41 PM

I'm not sure if the decision makers read the posts where so many players want Community Events & not Leaderboards! As I've said more times than I can remember, the game is more fun when everyone's working together rather than the cutthroat LBs where competition is against others! Android players will never be equal to iOS with all the additional features! I've sat out the last 3 Leaderboard events & am out of this one, just carrying on with my normal game! Any milestone gifts will be nice but the cost to win the prize is more than it's worth to me. New players may never be able to enjoy Community Events since it seems they are over. Would appreciate it if we could just be told by S8/TL so we would know not to anticipate one! Thanks!

blueangel826
07-30-16, 11:56 PM

When I get a chest, it's always 25 points! Has been same in last 3 LBs for me! You're not alone :-) I have every dragon except last one on milestones & will never see that one!

Sandybellee
07-31-16, 01:15 AM
The milestone chests have been super lame so far: coins, maps and coins. Those at least should be all points or something special.

temecee
07-31-16, 01:35 AM
I will participate in it , play my normal game without spending any gold to see how far I can go. This way is more enjoyable.

Same here. It's still sort of easy to be at the top at my level without doing nothing major. And without using gold.

Kennedward
07-31-16, 02:51 AM
1 - 4000
2 - 3200
3 & 4 - 2100
5 to 15 - all around 1500
15 to 20 - all around 1000

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 03:27 AM
Only saying this so storm8 has to give more prizes out breed dino and dino you will always recive a rare or super rare or 2 commons less then 30 seconds 8) or diamond and forest for ultra rare bonus but can be many fails before you get the quetzal

Thanks for the info. I will note that for the future. I am pretty low on totem pole so I don't have any of the "better" ones yet. I am so mad though, because I was tired of getting love from light and virtue, so I chose boosted breed and what did I get? LOVE! I thought boosted breed would at least give me a rare one.

Den8137259
07-31-16, 05:15 AM
★ Got the following Type A personalities in my list lol ★

cherrycastleorchard
07-31-16, 05:20 AM
I lost a whole night of play as none of my storm8 games would open. It kept saying I was not connected, but my internet was working fine. Did anyone else have this program?

seisurreal
07-31-16, 05:23 AM
✿ yes cherrycastleorchard, there was a bit of downtime, and it affected all S8/TL games, including the S8 forums website ✿

Kennedward
07-31-16, 05:24 AM

Same with my group, I won't even bother competing with my gold

dragonfliesplace
07-31-16, 05:28 AM
The milestone chests have been super lame so far: coins, maps and coins. Those at least should be all points or something special.

Mine have been tiles and tiles.

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 05:35 AM

Wow, I have no words...Oh wait, I found some. They are why S8 doesn't listen to all of you higher level players regarding leaderboard events. With players out there spending this much this early, why would they do anything different?

DeeDe99
07-31-16, 06:10 AM
I lost a whole night of play as none of my storm8 games would open. It kept saying I was not connected, but my internet was working fine. Did anyone else have this program?

✿ yes cherrycastleorchard, there was a bit of downtime, and it affected all S8/TL games, including the S8 forums website ✿

Only affected me on wi-fi. Have had it happen several times before, but not for a good while. On mobile data it was fine.

DeeDe99
07-31-16, 06:11 AM

I've had food, very useful amounts too.

Kennedward
07-31-16, 07:06 AM
My milestone prizes so far have been more points and coins, seems it's completely different for everyone

Xyn25
07-31-16, 08:43 AM
Have found a bonus to being in a group with people with insane number of points, my chest from the wheel are 8x better than previous leaderboards. If things keep going the way they have been, I'll get the last milestone without a single gold bar spent. Btw, I don't think it's your place on the leaderboard that determines the amount you get from chest, rather than the amount of points behind. Example, someone in 10th place but only hundreds of points behind might not see a huge difference in chest points but, like me, someone thousands of points behind would get more points. Just speculation, though.

Something like this happened to me on the last leaderboard. People were boosting like crazy and I consistently got around 100 points on the wheel. I was always around 10th place during that one.

BlackKat9
07-31-16, 09:10 AM
Not really playing this round as I have the first milestone dragons and missed the last one by a day last round after wasting too much time during the event for nothing. I'm last with 1625 pts. Lots of points in the chests this time, so might be the same phenomenon others noticed.

Kennedward
07-31-16, 09:29 AM
1 & 2 - 4400
3 & 4 - 2500
5 to 15 - all around 1700
15 to 20 - all around 1100

1 & 2 are constantly boosting, they seem very determined to stay at the top, unlike the rest, I'm at 16th btw

Sandybellee
07-31-16, 10:47 AM
Mine have been tiles and tiles.

Oh no! Hopefully you'll get points from the next one!

I've had food, very useful amounts too.

Very lucky! I hope your luck continues!

My milestone prizes so far have been more points and coins, seems it's completely different for everyone

Yes, the milestone boxes are completely random. I had no luck with them during the last lb event and no luck so far in this event.

9krm
07-31-16, 11:05 AM
Wow, I have no words...Oh wait, I found some. They are why S8 doesn't listen to all of you higher level players regarding leaderboard events. With players out there spending this much this early, why would they do anything different?

Exactly. They must rake in the money on the leaderboards. The # of people who post here is low compared to the # of players so a vocal minority doesn't really matter. If the majority of players stopped buying boosts and ultra rare eggs (and whatever else they are buying to get such high numbers) then things might change, but until then I doubt it.

lLeaderboards are obviously huge money makers especially compared to the community events where everyone could get multiple dragons without spending/buying much gold.

belarica
07-31-16, 11:37 AM
I think buying ultra rare eggs to hatch wouldn't rake in as many points as speed breeding/hatching would.

groovyedwin
07-31-16, 12:07 PM
Numerous are still boosting in my group.

1 at 3891
2 at 3437
3 at 3068
4 at 2244
5 at 2231
---first milestone dragon at 2200
6 at 1890
7 thru 11 between 1647 and 1462
12 thru 19 in 1182 and 605
20 at 0

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 12:34 PM

Which, forgive me, I find incredibly pathetic. We are just over 2 days in, my goodness. I could see a little further in...actually I can't. The gold point ratio is not worth it if you ask me. The last leaderboard was my first & we all had fairly regular gameplay. I spent very little gold, 1 here, 2 there 2 clear my nest or evo chamber for the next. I won with somewhere around 4500 pts. Relaxing and good fun. There is nothing fun about a competition with what I consider unfair advantages. I think I can safely speak for a majority of players when I say "Alot of us cannot afford 2 spend upwards of 100's of real $ on a silly game. I mean, I avoid paying full price 4 my console games whenever possible & @ least I can re-sell those lol.

Jennerwein1
07-31-16, 01:45 PM
These leaderboard events are so boring. I will not spend gold ( maybe activating my second nest with boosted breeding). So, I just play as usual. Evolve some babies, get more food. I want world events back!!!!! Meanwhile ... Yawn!

Sandybellee
07-31-16, 01:50 PM
One person has started boosting on my board also. It will be interesting to see if that encorages others to boost also.

My goal is to get Kung Fu. I tried very hard to win that tournament but didn't make it so I'm glad to get another chance at it.

sophiensissi
07-31-16, 03:33 PM

I think you are correct. On the last event I was way behind and would get 100+ from many of the chests. Now, I'm in first place and if I get a chest, it's 25 points. But, I get the decorations a lot too, which I hate!

sophiensissi
07-31-16, 03:36 PM
Which, forgive me, I find incredibly pathetic. We are just over 2 days in, my goodness. I could see a little further in...actually I can't. The gold point ratio is not worth it if you ask me. The last leaderboard was my first & we all had fairly regular gameplay. I spent very little gold, 1 here, 2 there 2 clear my nest or evo chamber for the next. I won with somewhere around 4500 pts. Relaxing and good fun. There is nothing fun about a competition with what I consider unfair advantages. I think I can safely speak for a majority of players when I say "Alot of us cannot afford 2 spend upwards of 100's of real $ on a silly game. I mean, I avoid paying full price 4 my console games whenever possible & @ least I can re-sell those lol.

I haven't boosted at all and am still in first place (for now, but will likely change) because I have Arctic isles, 3 nests and 2 evolution temples. Many below me have been boosting. When I checked earlier, #13 have used 30 gold to boost. For what???!!! That's just silly! I can see 1-5 boosting, but why the lower players? Just use that gold to buy the few apples you will get. Lol

sophiensissi
07-31-16, 03:39 PM
I haven't boosted at all and am still in first place (for now, but will likely change) because I have Arctic isles, 3 nests and 2 evolution temples. Many below me have been boosting. When I checked earlier, #13 have used 30 gold to boost. For what???!!! That's just silly! I can see 1-5 boosting, but why the lower players? Just use that gold to buy the few apples you will get. Lol

After I typed this, I check my leaderboard and number 7 and 10 are both boosted right now. ��������

sophiensissi
07-31-16, 04:01 PM
Just some general tips that I'm sure you all know, but as a reminder...

Make sure to mine during this event. With all the evolving you're doing, it's a lot of bombs and those bombs not only work toward the 300 for this dragon, but can yield 500 apples for feeding. I love when I get so many apples from mining!

Any dragons you hatch, even if you have it, feed it the few apples, evolve it to level 4 (takes so much less apples than levels 5-10) and then trade that level 4 duplicate dragon for gems. You will need gems another day for other events.

And, battles are worth 12 leader points. I think that's a lot more than in the past? It helps the points a lot.

Good luck everyone!

Kennedward
07-31-16, 04:35 PM
Oh no! Hopefully you'll get points from the next one!

Very lucky! I hope your luck continues!

Yes, the milestone boxes are completely random. I had no luck with them during the last lb event and no luck so far in this event.

Same here, the only milestones that are the same with everyone are the dragons I think

Kennedward
07-31-16, 04:38 PM
1 - 5300
2 - 4600
3 - 2800
4 to 6 - 2500
7 to 11 - 2000
12 & 13 - 1800
14 to 19 - 1600
20 - 1000

I'm at 16 but like I previous said am not participating, but it seems top 2 are determined to stay at the top 2 spots as they keep on boosting

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 07:07 PM

I agree. Like I said I can see near the end if it is a close race but to use so many so early is crazy to me. Lol. How sad for them if they are using all they have now only to end up low later. I have spent my time growing food so luckily I had about 13 dragons in line to evolve and 3 eggs in storage. I am currently in 6th place with a little over a 1000 pts between myself & 1st place, but like I said they are boosting away so I do not see me catching them lol. My goal is mostly the Torchlight dragon, sad right? If I get better, than that's good too. :-) Keep up the good work and good luck to you. (Thumbs up)

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 07:13 PM
Just some general tips that I'm sure you all know, but as a reminder...

Make sure to mine during this event. With all the evolving you're doing, it's a lot of bombs and those bombs not only work toward the 300 for this dragon, but can yield 500 apples for feeding. I love when I get so many apples from mining!

Any dragons you hatch, even if you have it, feed it the few apples, evolve it to level 4 (takes so much less apples than levels 5-10) and then trade that level 4 duplicate dragon for gems. You will need gems another day for other events.

And, battles are worth 12 leader points. I think that's a lot more than in the past? It helps the points a lot.

Good luck everyone!

Those are some great tips, thank you. I only just received the option to mine and having a lot of fun with it. As I have so many dragons in line to evolve I don't have an issue with duplicates right now. I am not a big landowner right now, lol, so I do a lot of trading.
I did the battles last time which was a huge help but my best dragons are only maxed at 10 & are the usual suspects, fire, forest, air and water. I have tried several times but cannot get past round 5 the gilded knight dragon and so am really looking forward to the battle tournament ending ahahahaha.
Good luck to you and everyone else, and I must say I love the forums:-)

Ilsadrago
07-31-16, 07:31 PM
After I typed this, I check my leaderboard and number 7 and 10 are both boosted right now. ��������

They might boost to work towards milestones. I haven't boosted, but somehow i've wound up at 1st for now. Others have been, so I doubt i'll stay there,long. I will only boost if I need to in order to reach the milestones I want.

Kennedward
07-31-16, 07:36 PM
I'm just playing normally and most likely end up with coins by the end of this, seems like quite a lot of people would spend gold to boost, but not me

Den8137259
07-31-16, 08:40 PM
★ a status update from the Type A list ★

belarica
07-31-16, 09:26 PM
★ a status update from the Type A list ★

We can still read the island names, by the way. Not that I think it even matters, one can't really get far without an id to go with it!

chewingthecud
08-01-16, 01:03 AM
I seem to be in a normal group so far. I am playing normally and not boosting. I am currently leading with about 2600 points. Some others are boosting but not much. My last group was extreme so it would be nice if mine stayed normal this time - time will tell. I hope people are getting used to the idea that they do not need to compete and that it is ok just to play normally.:)

cherrycastleorchard
08-01-16, 02:13 AM

So everyone lost the same amount of time, not being able to access spins and collect etc?

Kennedward
08-01-16, 02:51 AM
1 - 6100
2 - 5200
3 & 4- 3000
5 to 7 - 2700
8 to 16 - 2100
17 to 19 - 1800
20 - 1400

AnglChk507
08-01-16, 03:15 AM
nope nope and nope! Not participating on this one either..

Den8137259
08-01-16, 04:19 AM
★ an update ★

insomniadreams88
08-01-16, 07:30 AM
I'm only playing as much as I need to every day to stay on track to get the final milestone prize (so ~782 points a day).

31aug2002
08-01-16, 09:45 AM
I m in a nice quiet group which is slowly working towards the final milestone. I have been hovering in the top 10 and am currently at number 3 with 2100 points.
Also haven't seen any boosting.. So far so good.

Thank god... My last leaderboard was crazy with the leader jumping to 8000 points in the first hour.

ladymakay
08-01-16, 11:58 AM
Some of us have switched devices, my iOS device has a stability problem, even though my android device is slower I have no crashing issues with it. I only use iOS to rarely and then I have to delete the app and reinstall it and it will run for a couple of days and then back to android!

According to Elsa," You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event." So there's still no real answer as to how this keeps happening. Im an Andriod player, ive never used iOS for DS, Yet I've been placed in groups with iOS players. Also, as others have stated, IOS players can now purchase (on sale ) a 2nd evolution temple which isn't available for Android players giving iOS users yet another advantage.

belarica
08-01-16, 12:02 PM
According to Elsa," You're matched with the platform you start the event on and your group doesn't change for the duration of the event." So there's still no real answer as to how this keeps happening. Im an Andriod player, ive never used iOS for DS, Yet I've been placed in groups with iOS players. Also, as others have stated, IOS players can now purchase (on sale ) a 2nd evolution temple which isn't available for Android players giving iOS users yet another advantage.

It's pretty obvious. They start the event on their android, then play the event on their iOS. Pretty scummy, and probably not preventable. The real solution would be to nullify the extra ways to get points on iOS so it's fair and no need to separate .

HarleyBrat119
08-01-16, 12:11 PM
★ an update ★

You're ****ing me...

random59
08-01-16, 12:16 PM

I play my main game on my iphone and yes have switched to android and bred unique dragons for android, bit sneaky of me, but my other games I solely play now on my Android as my old iPad does not handle the game. I do not agree with players switching devices to help them get an advantage but that is a choice they make but I do believe both operating systems should be on a level par with each other ie dens and Arctic Isles.

9krm
08-01-16, 01:46 PM
So everyone lost the same amount of time, not being able to access spins and collect etc?

I wasn't affected by the downtime. I was able to play and access the forums when people were posting about it.

Kennedward
08-01-16, 05:01 PM
1 - 7550
2 - 6000
3 & 4- 3600
5 & 6 - 3300
7 - 9 - 3000
10 to 15 - 2600
16 to 20 - 2300

I'm at 12th

Seeing how 1 & 2 always boosts, it seems I'm in one of those groups where 2 players are determined to get top spots

ladymakay
08-01-16, 05:12 PM
1 - 7550
2 - 6000
3 & 4- 3600
5 & 6 - 3300
7 - 9 - 3000
10 to 15 - 2600
16 to 20 - 2300

I'm at 12th

Seeing how 1 & 2 always boosts, it seems I'm in one of those groups where 2 players are determined to get top spots

You always get stuck in a group with atleast 2 players determined to spend a fortune lol. I think I'm in 7th or 17th I don't know haha I'm in it forthe spins in hopes of food ☺.

Kennedward
08-01-16, 05:36 PM
You always get stuck in a group with atleast 2 players determined to spend a fortune lol. I think I'm in 7th or 17th I don't know haha I'm in it forthe spins in hopes of food ☺.

Yea, that was my point in my previous post lol No point in competing with them anyways, they have more than double the points of mine

HarleyBrat119
08-01-16, 07:40 PM
Check this out

Now why would someone that far ahead boost?

Kennedward
08-01-16, 07:43 PM
Check this out

Now why would someone that far ahead boost?

I always see people leading boost lol

groovyedwin
08-01-16, 07:48 PM

1 at 5695
---second milestone dragon at 5000
2 at 4620
3 at 4023
4 at 3437
5 at 3337
6 at 3220
7 at 2973
8 at 2938
9 at 2494
10 at 2381
11 at 2202
12 at 2087
13 thru 18 between 1799 and 1121
19 at 936
20 at 0

belarica
08-01-16, 09:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/plFUWOW.jpg

Kennedward
08-01-16, 09:13 PM
Seems like it's common for the leader to keep leading by boosting

random59
08-01-16, 11:11 PM
Seems like it's common for the leader to keep leading by boosting

But it defies logic, that's what I don't get, my leader put on 4,000 either day 1 or 2.

random59
08-01-16, 11:19 PM
Wow, just got milestone 6 the reward was 20,000 food I kid thee not, hope everybody gets this awesome reward!

debrasbistro
08-01-16, 11:33 PM
With no habitats as milestones and since I already have the milestone dragons except for the last, it is really easy to ignore this event.

HarleyBrat119
08-02-16, 01:45 AM
But it defies logic, that's what I don't get, my leader put on 4,000 either day 1 or 2.

That's what I was thinking. They must be using gold 2 speed through the breeding, incubation & evolving to get those kinds of numbers, right? That would take A LOT of real $s I would think. Funny, I won't pay $10 for a 2nd nest & some prob spend $100s.
Also, I keep accidentally spending gold, like @ the mine. I had so many bombs, was just cruising along next thing I know I hit buy for 8 gold UGH! Lol I also do it when planting. Maybe it's just me.
I emailed about a couple issues I had & brought up a confirm button & they threw the line "...we will consider the idea of a confirm..." People have been asking for how long? They aren't considering, they are raking it in on those accidents.
I am in 12th place w/over 1500.:-)

cherrycastleorchard
08-02-16, 03:28 AM
Those are some great tips, thank you. I only just received the option to mine and having a lot of fun with it. As I have so many dragons in line to evolve I don't have an issue with duplicates right now. I am not a big landowner right now, lol, so I do a lot of trading.
I did the battles last time which was a huge help but my best dragons are only maxed at 10 & are the usual suspects, fire, forest, air and water. I have tried several times but cannot get past round 5 the gilded knight dragon and so am really looking forward to the battle tournament ending ahahahaha.
Good luck to you and everyone else, and I must say I love the forums:-)
The mine is giving out coins a lot at the moment and is there a pop up when u win a battle as I did not seem to get any points and did not see a popup

Megacharchar
08-02-16, 04:02 AM

1 at 3891
2 at 3437
3 at 3068
4 at 2244
5 at 2231
6 at 1890
7 thru 11 between 1647 and 1462
12 thru 19 in 1182 and 605
20 at 0

That is utterly CRAZY!!!! I don't understand why some players spend so much money on Leaderboard. I'm playing like I normally would and not putting any effort into Leaderboard this time around. The milestones are lame and to be honest the dragons aren't that desirable. First in my group has about 1950 point at so far and second has 1900.....they go back and forth.
I don't even understand how you can get up around 4000 this early in the event unless you are throwing gold away!!
Just sayin'!!! 😁

Simdiva
08-02-16, 04:08 AM
Well...now I can say for shure that we can put a Community World Events in history of DS game.it seams that TL works agaist the players and make only what thay want and not makeing players wishes.ahhh well..."that's really smart".

I don't feel joy for this event at all,its 100% unfair event for android players,especially sice IOS player have now 2 evolution temple,....what's next?
I can understand for main dragon to get a first place,spend gold and try to win it,but at least milestone should be doable without spending any gold,but beeing android it'is really really hard to make the last one.

Have to say I agree with you somewhat Lena and I am an iOS plAyer, however I do believe the groups were split although I may be wrong on that. What I do find a tad unfair tho is I completed Arctic last go round and so I cannot even evolve dragons there now. I could buy the second temple, butI choose not to as most dragons I care about are evolved far enough along at this point that having a second is now pretty much redundant. I now only really want the very very hard to breed dragons and the remainder are sold from the nest.

As far as this being a horrible event, yes it is a clear money maker if you choose to participate but if you decide to just go for the other prizes as I am doing this time it's actually quite relaxing and gives you the opportunity to stock up food to get ready for tales or feed very hungry faces, whatever your goals may be. So to sum up, while I have participated in the last few events, the first one cost me an insane amount of gold with our group topping out at 35k and I came in second. mama was a little easier at around ten thousand and patriotic ,I never worked for really and won by default with just using a bit of gold I had in hand. However it still took enough of my gold that I couldn't buy the last habitat I really wanted and I refuse to spend any more cash unless it's a gold dragon. So that being said unless I have a non participatory group, I will never do the leaderboard to win again. Besides, even tho I like all three dragons I have won,I have never used them in battle and that is generally my criteria for keeping dragons as I hate crowding. In fact I recently got rid of about twenty duplicate diamonds that I wasn't using and I no longer find them beneficial for the coin, but the relationship was nice while it lasted!

Good luck to anyone that chooses to participate at any level!

Simdiva
08-02-16, 04:10 AM
That is utterly CRAZY!!!! I don't understand why some players spend so much money on Leaderboard. I'm playing like I normally would and not putting any effort into Leaderboard this time around. The milestones are lame and to be honest the dragons aren't that desirable. First in my group has about 1950 point at so far and second has 1900.....they go back and forth.
I don't even understand how you can get up around 4000 this early in the event unless you are throwing gold away!!
Just sayin'!!! 

It's not hard, evolve, battle and breed which I have been doing fairly constant t. I have not boosted once and close to 4K now.

Kennedward
08-02-16, 07:03 AM

Agreed, I don't get it either lol but people do it anyways

ladymakay
08-02-16, 07:11 AM
1st place has 3900 points, I've not seen them boosting but I don't know how you can earn that many points just through regular play,probably using Gold to speed things up, which is fine by me but it seems like a waste , 2nd place has 1200 and the rest of us are still between 100-800 points. I don't think anyone is really eager to win except for player 1 and maybe 2. But I'm cool with that, like the saying goes "smoke em if you got em" lol

sophiensissi
08-02-16, 07:16 AM
Wow, just got milestone 6 the reward was 20,000 food I kid thee not, hope everybody gets this awesome reward!

My reward was trees. As if I need trees! Oh well. I'm still in first place in my group and not one boost for me, but 2-5 are boosting daily and so are some lower players. Just glad I bought that 2nd evolution nest on sale.

sophiensissi
08-02-16, 07:17 AM
1st place has 3900 points, I've not seen them boosting but I don't know how you can earn that many points just through regular play,probably using Gold to speed things up, which is fine by me but it seems like a waste , 2nd place has 1200 and the rest of us are still between 100-800 points. I don't think anyone is really eager to win except for player 1 and maybe 2. But I'm cool with that, like the saying goes "smoke em if you got em" lol

I'm at 4,000, in first place and haven't boosted at all nor sped. Arctic isles, spins and battles help a lot.

Simdiva
08-02-16, 07:36 AM
I'm at 4,000, in first place and haven't boosted at all nor sped. Arctic isles, spins and battles help a lot.

Agreed it does and I can't even evolve there anymore so even with just one out of three evolution temples I'm at 4000 as well and no boosting or speeding whatsoever. I posted earlier about why I never bought the second temp,e although if you haven't been playing long or have many dragons in line it's a great investment. I'm down to the ones I don't care about for the most part or newbies so they can wait. When or if I am truly in a hurry and the only reason I could think of would be to battle, there is always gold.

DragonHeartKai
08-02-16, 07:54 AM

This is what I'm doing too and I'm at 3988 points but unfortunately 1st and 3rd place have been boosting but I'm only 500 points behind 1st and 500 points clear of 3rd. I've maxed the Arctic isles but just sell the max dragon and evolve the baby so I can use the evelution temple there. I have 2 nests on my main and have activated the breeding roost easy 4K points.

Hope that will help others not to spend gold on this event

ladymakay
08-02-16, 08:01 AM

We're a marry bunch of android players so no arctic or 2nd evolution temples lol. I'm not a diligent player during the leaderboard events, but I can see if you're dedicated and consistently playing how you could earn that many points as of now, either way gold , no gold it doesn't matter much to me. This leaderboard event is exceptionally dull, the milestone prizes aren't appealing, no gold on the wheel and no habitat for milestone prize. So I'm just getting on to spin the wheel and hope for food ☺...so far just 2 soccer goals or whatever it is and points.

ladymakay
08-02-16, 08:05 AM
This is what I'm doing too and I'm at 3988 points but unfortunately 1st and 3rd place have been boosting but I'm only 500 points behind 1st and 500 points clear of 3rd. I've maxed the Arctic isles but just sell the max dragon and evolve the baby so I can use the evelution temple there. I have 2 nests on my main and have activated the breeding roost easy 4K points.

Hope that will help others not to spend gold on this event

I don't have the breeding roost, I can't bring myself to buy it lol.

Kennedward
08-02-16, 08:54 AM
1. 9000
2. 7200
3 to 13 all around 3000
14 to 20 all around 2700

Doesn't seem like there's much competition in my group lol

08-02-16, 11:09 AM
I haven't boost once, just spend one or two gold to clear the nest or the evolution temple before bed time, I just keep battling, breeding and hatching, I am over 4K . It is possible to reach the final milestone. That is the way I used to play in the world event too.

insomniadreams88
08-02-16, 11:25 AM
I haven't boost once, just spend one or two gold to clear the nest or the evolution temple before bed time, I just keep battling, breeding and hatching, I am over 4K . It is possible to reach the final milestone. That is the way I used to play in the world event too.

Same with regards to spending 1-2 gold to finish up breeding/hatching before bed. Though I'm not over 4K yet - but still on track to get all milestone prizes.

random59
08-02-16, 12:03 PM
Same with regards to spending 1-2 gold to finish up breeding/hatching before bed. Though I'm not over 4K yet - but still on track to get all milestone prizes.

Ditto, well actually just above but only speed up before bed and work only if 2 gold or less required.

Burrymillz
08-02-16, 12:21 PM
Hmmmm leader booseted with 2x boost had 2 dens going put 2 coral on each nest did not breed another set of dragons both dens are now empty with a diamond in temple 2x boost is now finished total points gained less then 300 I'm very confused lol

Hawk1
08-02-16, 12:22 PM
Ditto, well actually just above but only speed up before bed and work only if 2 gold or less required.

Same here, from the first hour of leaderboard multiple people on my lb were boosting, but I am not.

divanightclub
08-02-16, 01:10 PM
Well due to the unbelievable limits that some players are willing to go or spend for 1st and 2nd place, is one reason why the points needed for the final milestone dragon will CONSTANTLY be increased with each leaderboard events. This WILL eventually make it impossible for most players to reach at some point UNLESS gold is used. If Storm8 can clearly see that so many are already over 10k( like the 1st player in my group) then the leaderboard events will only be difficult for players like myself who REFUSE to spend ridiculous amount of gold just to compete for the final prize,against players simply wanting EVERY dragon. In my opinion that's what makes this event so UNFAIR for so many of us!

I purposely stopped once I received the first milestone dragon(torchlight) I already have the other 2, and not interested in the last milestone dragon. Very much similar to sorcerer(which is still in storage) so don't need another version!

HarleyBrat119
08-02-16, 01:14 PM
The mine is giving out coins a lot at the moment and is there a pop up when u win a battle as I did not seem to get any points and did not see a popup

I don't get a pop-up but I think I am getting the points. I keep meaning to look at my points b4 I battle but keep forgetting.

dragonsoflou
08-02-16, 01:25 PM
hi, i'm pretty new to D.S. - i have a question re: summer games event. 1st place has gold trophy - 2nd has silver trophy - 3rd has bronze trophy. do the trophies serve any purpose......or just a decoration to place on island?? thanx!

belarica
08-02-16, 01:39 PM
hi, i'm pretty new to D.S. - i have a question re: summer games event. 1st place has gold trophy - 2nd has silver trophy - 3rd has bronze trophy. do the trophies serve any purpose......or just a decoration to place on island?? thanx!

Just decoration.

dragonsoflou
08-02-16, 02:27 PM
thanx!

Hawk1
08-02-16, 02:44 PM
Sighhhhh three soccer nets and zero dragons that have soccer element, I can see this is going to be like those idiot tire swings.

Ilsadrago
08-02-16, 03:06 PM
I'm so frustrated by the wheel! It takes many, many tries to get it to spin. Half the time I give up and try again later (sometimes it still won't spin).

marcatwolf
08-02-16, 03:47 PM
The top of my leader board has about 20,000 points. I'm never playing this event again. Certainly not with the IOS disparity. All this event does for me is slow down my device and maybe sometimes gives me free food and dragons.

marcatwolf
08-02-16, 03:48 PM
My wheel doesn't spin right either.

HarleyBrat119
08-02-16, 06:13 PM
Sighhhhh three soccer nets and zero dragons that have soccer element, I can see this is going to be like those idiot tire swings.

Yes. Yes they are. Mine have been sentenced to the same fate as those tire swings. They will spend eternity in the deep, dark recesses of my shed, never to know the warmth of the sun or the cool breezes of the outside world.

HarleyBrat119
08-02-16, 06:33 PM
The top of my leader board has about 20,000 points. I'm never playing this event again. Certainly not with the IOS disparity. All this event does for me is slow down my device and maybe sometimes gives me free food and dragons.

20,000 is just insane. This behavior makes it impossible for "normal" players to enjoy the competition. Although I understand the more advanced players do not care for the leaderboards. Too bad the game couldn't track, within the first 48-72 hrs, this kind of game play & adjust the groups.

Also, I have an iPhone & keep reading about advantages. Would you mind telling me what they are please? Thank you in advance :-)

Have a great day/night :-)

belarica
08-02-16, 07:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XiZR10T.jpg

FireballFarm
08-02-16, 08:23 PM
Also, I have an iPhone & keep reading about advantages. Would you mind telling me what they are please? Thank you in advance :-)

Have a great day/night :-)

The Arctic Isles can easily give iOS players at least 72 points every 4 hours, which is over 400 event points a day without spending any gold/money, and with very little effort. Android players don't have the Arctic Isles, so that makes the milestones much harder to reach, never mind actually finishing in one of the top 2 spots. Android players don't stand a chance against iOS players- unless they are willing to spend money, and spend more money than the iOS players in their group. Plus, the new evolution temple isn't available for Andriod, so that just widened the gap even further.

Gladiola8
08-02-16, 09:52 PM
I give up with this Leaderboard game. When I started I was no.5 and now no.15.

These are what I got from the wheel:
4 X coins
3 X temple ruins
1 X soccer net
and some small prizes, generally between 25-35.

AuroraLava
08-03-16, 06:06 AM
Yes. Yes they are. Mine have been sentenced to the same fate as those tire swings. They will spend eternity in the deep, dark recesses of my shed, never to know the warmth of the sun or the cool breezes of the outside world.

I have been selling the decorations because I need the cash. I spent all my coins on expansions since I am not a big coin producer and only have about 2 million coins at any one point in time lol. I guess I need to feed my dragons so I can produce more coins..but I still sell the decorations anyway.

Kennedward
08-03-16, 07:09 AM
1. 11,200
2. 8700
3 to 12 all around 4000
13 to 20 all around 3000

I was laughing when I see 1 boosting once again

belarica
08-03-16, 07:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6Out8uf.jpg

For the record, I'm in 5th with 4841 points. I've been getting 150-240 points on the wheel thanks to these guys. :rolleyes:

DragonW22
08-03-16, 09:34 AM
4 Soccer nets and 2 ruins. My wheel went backwards to the soccer net. Reported this to S8 already, lets see their response. This is so disappointed and frustrated in so many levels. Sigh... 😭

HarleyBrat119
08-03-16, 11:11 AM
The Arctic Isles can easily give iOS players at least 72 points every 4 hours, which is over 400 event points a day without spending any gold/money, and with very little effort. Android players don't have the Arctic Isles, so that makes the milestones much harder to reach, never mind actually finishing in one of the top 2 spots. Android players don't stand a chance against iOS players- unless they are willing to spend money, and spend more money than the iOS players in their group. Plus, the new evolution temple isn't available for Andriod, so that just widened the gap even further.

OMG! That is ridiculous!! Why would they do something like that? Thanks for the heads up. I just got the goal about the arctic isles & promise to never use them when leaderboard events are up. As far as the temple, I have small amt of gold and am not gonna buy more for something like that. I deal with chronic pain 24/7 even with massive amts of several different pain pills. I play games to try to relax and keep my mind busy. I don't want to play frantically. 1 nest, 1 temple, and 1 den is good for me. Good luck friend :-) and thank you for answering.

HarleyBrat119
08-03-16, 11:15 AM
I have been selling the decorations because I need the cash. I spent all my coins on expansions since I am not a big coin producer and only have about 2 million coins at any one point in time lol. I guess I need to feed my dragons so I can produce more coins..but I still sell the decorations anyway.

Oh gee I never thought of that, duh, lol. Thanks :-)

Hawk1
08-03-16, 12:09 PM
Last leaderboard I won gold from STW to make up for all the tire swings, no gold on the wheel this time...Can we say cheap cheap cheap

random59
08-03-16, 12:26 PM
Last leaderboard I won gold from STW to make up for all the tire swings, no gold on the wheel this time...Can we say cheap cheap cheap

Sure can!

roguebee
08-03-16, 08:12 PM

I'd love to now how you can get at least 72 points every 4 hours.

belarica
08-03-16, 08:27 PM

4 hours for breeding, 24 points.
4 hours for evolving, 24 points.
Hatching whatever, 24 points.

groovyedwin
08-03-16, 08:27 PM

1 at 9820
---fourth milestone dragon at 8600
2 at 7763
---third milestone dragon at 6600
3 at 6225
4 at 5871
5 at 5156
---second milestone dragon at 5000
6 at 4888
7 at 4488
8 at 4134
9 at 3612
10 at 3569
11 at 3347
12 at 3317
13 thru 17 between 3052 and 2252
18 at 2049
19 at 1707
20 at 1100

cherrycastleorchard
08-03-16, 09:25 PM
How do u sell them? I have ####load of palm trees etc and would love to sell them

sophiensissi
08-03-16, 09:49 PM
Anyone know when the half price boosts start? I think it's the last 2-3 days, but not sure.

FireballFarm
08-04-16, 12:00 AM
Almost all the all the dragons up there take 4 hours to breed and evolve (some Abominable types take 8 hours, and the Blizzard types take 12 hours to evolve). If you plan right, you can create an assembly line: breed>hatch>feed up to level 3 and evolve>sell off, every four hours. The wheel is ready every four hours, too, so that works out well. You get 24 points for each step, plus any bonus points. 72 points is actually low-balling the total because it doesn't include the bonus points, and since there are only three common dragon in the Arctic you almost always get some bonus points.

I've been keeping all my Arctic dragons at level 4 so it's no big deal to sell any of them when a duplicate is hatched, even super rares (except Diamond hybrids, of course those will never be sold). So, if the baby that is ready to hatch is a Sasquatch, I sell off my existing level 4 Sasquatch and replace it with the baby. Keeping the dragons young also saves a lot of coins, because growing food up there is stupid expensive. If I breed an 8 hour dragon or a Blizzard type, I wait until bedtime to evolve it. I've got two of each habitat, so there is space to hold a duplicate or two, if necessary (I'm still missing 4 dragons- Alpine, Penguin, and 2 diamond hybrids). The Ice Age Dragon gives no evolution points since it only takes 1 minute to evolve, but you still get 48 total points for breeding and hatching it (I sell those right off the nest).

Kennedward
08-04-16, 05:55 AM
I think I may get most of the milestone prizes, but won't get all, especially not the last one

sophiensissi
08-04-16, 07:44 AM
Almost all the all the dragons up there take 4 hours to breed and evolve (some Abominable types take 8 hours, and the Blizzard types take 12 hours to evolve). If you plan right, you can create an assembly line: breed>hatch>feed up to level 3 and evolve>sell off, every four hours. The wheel is ready every four hours, too, so that works out well. You get 24 points for each step, plus any bonus points. 72 points is actually low-balling the total because it doesn't include the bonus points, and since there are only three common dragon in the Arctic you almost always get some bonus points.

I've been keeping all my Arctic dragons at level 4 so it's no big deal to sell any of them when a duplicate is hatched, even super rares (except Diamond hybrids, of course those will never be sold). So, if the baby that is ready to hatch is a Sasquatch, I sell off my existing level 4 Sasquatch and replace it with the baby. Keeping the dragons young also saves a lot of coins, because growing food up there is stupid expensive. If I breed an 8 hour dragon or a Blizzard type, I wait until bedtime to evolve it. I've got two of each habitat, so there is space to hold a duplicate or two, if necessary (I'm still missing 4 dragons- Alpine, Penguin, and 2 diamond hybrids). The Ice Age Dragon gives no evolution points since it only takes 1 minute to evolve, but you still get 48 total points for breeding and hatching it (I sell those right off the nest).

That's exactly how I've been playing except my dragons are all level 10 so I hatch the extra blizzard for evolving (12 hours)and sell off the rest. I make 5 hour crops too because they give 2400 experience points. Easy to level up and I have so many coins that I don't need them.

I'm in first place now with 5,989. 2nd place is very close. The rest are off by 500 or more. Second-5th boost constantly. I haven't boosted once yet, but I think I'm in first because of Arctic isles. I will boost when half price sale starts so I can make sure I get this dragon.

9krm
08-04-16, 09:02 AM
I think I may get most of the milestone prizes, but won't get all, especially not the last one

Same here. Which I think is too bad, since it is the only one I don't have, and it looks cool.

ETA: I have about 4000 points and am inn 4th or 5th (My phone is updating, so I can't check :rolleyes: ).

The leader on my board has close to 9000 I think, so it isn't nutso, but people have been boosting and I doubt I will be in the top 10 at the end. More importantly, I don't think I can get enough for the final milestone.

belarica
08-04-16, 09:33 AM
I'm in 5th still with 6116, on track to getting all the milestones. Contender is the only dragon I don't have, and honestly I think it's ugly so it'll be in storage for a long time. Maybe forever.

insomniadreams88
08-04-16, 10:03 AM
I'm actually in a pretty easy-going group. I've been in 1st for a while (with 4936 points now, no boosting, no gold spent other than 1-2 before bedtime a couple times and that's as much for me trying to get the Sugar Skull Dragon since it was introduced as it is for not losing out on points overnight).

Until today, I didn't see anyone boosting. 2nd, with 3495 points, boosted earlier today. 3rd has 2742, so I'm hoping I can actually get the Torchbearer dragon without having to boost/spend gold since it's the first one I've wanted with these leaderboards.

Hawk1
08-04-16, 11:40 AM
Seriously S8? 1 Palm tree for milestone 10 haha.

#1-#3 on my leaderboard 12,000-14,000 are going to be battling it out for the top 2 spots, and #4 is boosting trying to catch up. Fun watching and very happy not being involved in the money spending race.

nyrrem
08-04-16, 02:14 PM
Seriously S8? 1 Palm tree for milestone 10 .

I was just about to have a rant about 1 measly palm tree for a prize (it was for my 4k rewa)- as if I didnt get enough on the last leaderboard event! 😂

DeeDe99
08-04-16, 03:09 PM
I was just about to have a rant about 1 measly palm tree for a prize (it was for my 4k rewa)- as if I didnt get enough on the last leaderboard event! ��

Ditto!

roguebee
08-04-16, 04:10 PM

Thank you. I definitely need to get my act together as I'm not getting anywhere near those types of numbers.

Kennedward
08-05-16, 06:44 AM
Same here. Which I think is too bad, since it is the only one I don't have, and it looks cool.

ETA: I have about 4000 points and am inn 4th or 5th (My phone is updating, so I can't check :rolleyes: ).

The leader on my board has close to 9000 I think, so it isn't nutso, but people have been boosting and I doubt I will be in the top 10 at the end. More importantly, I don't think I can get enough for the final milestone.

I have similar points with you, but I'm placed at 12th because the top 3 players in my group all have over 10,000 points now, with 1 having 16,000 with boost active right now

I will no longer bother writing down the points cause top 3 are leading with more than double the points of most players in my group, only 4 is closer to them with 8000 points or so, but 5 only has 6000, so yea, none of us are even close to top 3 below that.

That's why my previous post I only mentioned about milestones, won't bother competing, and won't bother if I miss some milestones either, I'm just playing casually here

random59
08-05-16, 06:56 PM
My last 3 milestones were awesome 20,000 food each time, we can never have enough food!

AuroraLava
08-06-16, 08:50 AM
My last 3 milestones were awesome 20,000 food each time, we can never have enough food!

Wow you are lucky to get all that food. I have been getting soccer nets.

Kennedward
08-06-16, 07:25 PM

Agreed! I prefer food over coins or points that I've been getting from milestones

pernmagic
08-07-16, 12:12 AM
Happily sitting at 15 th ..... Food is useful and have all dragons already :)

stevenlee2905
08-07-16, 12:44 AM

Same here, I am 15th too..., Lol... :D It's funny to see top 10 players competing each other, but on the other hand, it's so sad seeing those kind of phenomenon. I really hope I can sit in 20th position, but breeding and evolving dragon actively everyday made me got those points and rank 15th, but honestly I don't need those point, I am happy and proud to myself even I get 0 point and place in 20th position. I need peace, I play games for fun and stress-relieve, not vice versa.

Kennedward
08-07-16, 01:25 AM

I'm at 13th, lol but don't really care seeing how 1 has 20,000 points and 2 has 18,000, compared to my 7000 points lol

Hepatu
08-07-16, 02:17 AM
Same here, I am 15th too..., Lol... :D It's funny to see top 10 players competing each other, but on the other hand, it's so sad seeing those kind of phenomenon. I really hope I can sit in 20th position, but breeding and evolving dragon actively everyday made me got those points and rank 15th, but honestly I don't need those point, I am happy and proud to myself even I get 0 point and place in 20th position. I need peace, I play games for fun and stress-relieve, not vice versa.

I'm just cruising along as well and don't try to get anything but the milestones, and I haven't spent much gold. This time I'm in a pretty relaxed group and is sitting on #4 with 7000, #1 is only 8100 so it's nice to see the score doesn't run wild for once

Den8137259
08-07-16, 02:28 AM
Hey here's an update on the Type A-List ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpPw2u2UEAAKQHh.jpg

Den8137259
08-07-16, 02:40 AM
Oooo so the Palm Tree is a common gift for everyone lol ★ but I don't see any linkages n relevance to the Summer Games lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpPzhtPUsAAyZw7.jpg

DragonflyRocket
08-07-16, 03:03 AM
I'm comfortably and happy to sit in 3rd/4th on my leaderboard group. Without spending gold.
Though I just got a 44hrs breed, so hoping that's my first diamond dragon on its way. 😄

rosym47
08-07-16, 04:50 AM
I'm not even going to try or bother. So far spinning the wheel has given me SIX soccer nets and FIVE temple ruins, both with no connection to the event and totally useless. I can't even delete them from my ever increasing storage. When can we have a tidy up? When can we have useful and relevant prizes on the wheel? When can use the dynamite to get extra space?
Go on S8 give the chance to blast out some space and I'll put out a soccer net.

Kennedward
08-07-16, 06:15 AM
I'm not even going to try or bother. So far spinning the wheel has given me SIX soccer nets and FIVE temple ruins, both with no connection to the event and totally useless. I can't even delete them from my ever increasing storage. When can we have a tidy up? When can we have useful and relevant prizes on the wheel? When can use the dynamite to get extra space?
Go on S8 give the chance to blast out some space and I'll put out a soccer net.

Same here

That's what I tell a lot of players whom I know in person, don't worry about this event too much, especially when your group, like mine, has at least 3 players with over 15,000 points right now

Hawk1
08-07-16, 08:31 AM
Oooo so the Palm Tree is a common gift for everyone lol ★ but I don't see any linkages n relevance to the Summer Games lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpPzhtPUsAAyZw7.jpg

Sorry that you have joined the darn palm tree club, really sux getting a tree for milestone 10.

#1 on my leaderboard has 22k ish :)

I'll be happy to get food from this event

Ilsadrago
08-07-16, 12:56 PM
I hope this hasn't been asked, I haven't seen this question, but might have overlooked it. Do we get bonus points for breeding or hatching? Thanks to my Diamond Temple and Boosted Breeding I have 3 Ultra Rare eggs incubating! I haven't boosted or used gold beyond my regular play, but have been fluctuating between 2nd and 3rd. If bonus points are awarded when eggs are hatched, I might boost to ensure 2nd when they're ready.

Den8137259
08-08-16, 01:09 AM
Close up, on the tally board for Type A list ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpUo8YRVMAMbSH3.jpg

nyrrem
08-08-16, 03:46 AM
I would love to know how much gold these players on 10k+ are spending.

chewingthecud
08-08-16, 03:58 AM
Hi there. I am on about 11 500 points but only boosted once since the boost sale. I am not actually after the lead - just playing normally. I accumulated my points by having 3 nests, 2 evolution temples and the Arctic Isles. I am really not spending much gold at all. I am also not leading my group so you can have high numbers without much gold spent - it all depends on your game level. :D

Kennedward
08-08-16, 06:28 AM
I play casually and only have around 8000 points right now, while the #1 guy in my group has 22k right now

roguebee
08-08-16, 07:37 AM
I finally broke 5000 points and collected Fire Giant. I met my personal goal for this event. I already have Kung-Fu so I'm done.

nyrrem
08-08-16, 07:53 AM
Hi there. I am on about 11 500 points but only boosted once since the boost sale. I am not actually after the lead - just playing normally. I accumulated my points by having 3 nests, 2 evolution temples and the Arctic Isles. I am really not spending much gold at all. I am also not leading my group so you can have high numbers without much gold spent - it all depends on your game level. :D

Thats the thing, people may not spend gold directly on the event but have done on their island- their choice obviously. 3 nests- that will have cost gold at some point (250 then 500 if i am correct) and 2 evolution temples -again would have cost gold (is it 500 for the second?) and not available on android and AI is also not available to android.

Still the event favours those who spend on the game whether before or during the event and those on iso.

Sandybellee
08-08-16, 08:18 AM
One day left to go! I should be able to get the last milestone. I've only used one 7 gold boost for the leaderboard so I'm very happy with that!

The second evolution temple makes a big difference! (I bought it with saved gold so it didn't cost me anything and I didn't buy it for the leaderboard so I'm not counting the price as spent for the leaderboard).

insomniadreams88
08-08-16, 09:03 AM
I'm at 7775 and 1st in my group; 2nd is at 5740 and 3rd at 4243. So I'm not worried about my ranking. However, because I have Infinity breeding and Achilles on one of my nests currently, both set to finish after the leaderboard event is over, I realized I might have to spend gold to get the final milestone prize. Going to see where I am around this time tomorrow and make a decision about it. Kind of want the Contender Dragon...

moonchild1987
08-08-16, 10:47 AM
Sitting at 8599 points, now. I'll get the last milestone within the hour. Have done shut down the Artic Isles, I'm hate having to go over there. I wish s8 would just stop using it with the leaderboard. I'm sure the iOS users are sick of their main island dragons being taking hostage over there and their Artic Isle dragons disappearing into thin air, plus the droid users don't even have it. I will end rant there before I go off topic. Anyways, mystery boxes was pretty good this time. 5,000 apples, 16,000 coins, 16,000 coins, 20,000 apples, 20,000 apples, and 95 leaderboard points. Should finish 6th, all the food had been great. The leader is at 29,000, the next two at 22,000. Not even a chance for the rest of us but like I said before the chest on the STW have been very generous. Overall, very uneventful and unenthusiastic leaderboard for me but still manageable.

Bastiaan0
08-08-16, 12:11 PM

This is so unfair, S8 is favoring iOS players too much.
I'm playing like I did during last fleaderboard event, but this time I can't seem to get enough points for the last milestone. I'm on 7145 right now, so basically running over 700 points behind. Biggest difference is the wheel, last time I got 200+ points on several spins. This time my max was 139, which was the only one over 100 points. Got food only once, rest were useless coins and decoration. Same for the milestones, no good prizes at all. Best were the first two, which gave me water walkways both. At least I use those to decorate my diamond garden.

I know S8 asked us androids to be patient for the second evolution temple and 'apologized for the inconvenience' but in my opinion it's a bit lame. At least they could have discarded evolving from getting points, also I can't believe artic isles are still included after so many complaints.

I'm a dragon collector, after all that's where this game is about, right? So probably I'll find myself speed breeding for Achilles (still don't have it) tomorrow to reach the final milestone, but I'm far from happy spending about 150 gold to get there. Not to mention the grand prize, although I'm in a quite relaxed group, #1 is at 9685 points at the moment.

So S8, please rethink about these upsetting events.
Normally I don't criticize S8, after all it's only a game, but I believe they're crossing a certain border right now. I'm sure they're very proud of all new features (2nd evolution temple, color selecting in the breeding den, timeless habitat) but why can't they wait bringing these out until android has been included for these features? Or give both platforms an equal chance?

Sandybellee
08-08-16, 01:29 PM
And it's on! Two people in my group have gained thousands of points in the last hour or so. This will get interesting, it seems.

chewingthecud
08-08-16, 01:53 PM
Thats the thing, people may not spend gold directly on the event but have done on their island- their choice obviously. 3 nests- that will have cost gold at some point (250 then 500 if i am correct) and 2 evolution temples -again would have cost gold (is it 500 for the second?) and not available on android and AI is also not available to android.

Still the event favours those who spend on the game whether before or during the event and those on iso.

Hi Nyrrem. Yes point taken. I must admit when I began playing the game - about 3 years ago, I realised the trick was to get the gold producing dragons. I therefore bought my first one with the free gold from downloading games. I then just built up my stocks of them. I now have all 12 so get 60 gold per day. i suppose I regard that as free gold as I don't actually pay real money for it. So yes, i do spend gold but you can get to where I am without spending real money - it just takes time. Re your comment on Android - I totally agree. Android players should not be forced to compete with iOS players as it is not an even playing ground. I personally really don't like the leaderboard challenges anyway. I would have liked to see an Olympic style community challenge - world unity not competition I say! ;)

Jennerwein1
08-08-16, 06:59 PM
Just got the final milestone dragon. No boosting, no radiant flame . I do have 3 nests, 2 roosts and AI. Bought stable and second flower mainly for overall gameplay. Sped breeding a little to take advantage of boosted breeding. Major flop !!!!! I am number 4, and that is fine by me. I am done. First is boosting, 98xx. Has ca 900 lead. Will be fun to watch :)

ozigal
08-08-16, 08:33 PM
Well guys I let the team down I bought a boost and then it was still going to be iffy if I would reach the last milestone dragon. Low n behold I got to breed achilles dragon after so many tries so I parted with gold to speed it along and that sealed the deal for the milestones.

lenasdinner
08-08-16, 10:27 PM
This is so unfair, S8 is favoring iOS players too much.
I'm playing like I did during last fleaderboard event, but this time I can't seem to get enough points for the last milestone. I'm on 7145 right now, so basically running over 700 points behind. Biggest difference is the wheel, last time I got 200+ points on several spins. This time my max was 139, which was the only one over 100 points. Got food only once, rest were useless coins and decoration. Same for the milestones, no good prizes at all. Best were the first two, which gave me water walkways both. At least I use those to decorate my diamond garden.

I know S8 asked us androids to be patient for the second evolution temple and 'apologized for the inconvenience' but in my opinion it's a bit lame. At least they could have discarded evolving from getting points, also I can't believe artic isles are still included after so many complaints.

I'm a dragon collector, after all that's where this game is about, right? So probably I'll find myself speed breeding for Achilles (still don't have it) tomorrow to reach the final milestone, but I'm far from happy spending about 150 gold to get there. Not to mention the grand prize, although I'm in a quite relaxed group, #1 is at 9685 points at the moment.

So S8, please rethink about these upsetting events.
Normally I don't criticize S8, after all it's only a game, but I believe they're crossing a certain border right now. I'm sure they're very proud of all new features (2nd evolution temple, color selecting in the breeding den, timeless habitat) but why can't they wait bringing these out until android has been included for these features? Or give both platforms an equal chance?

ahhh Bas...,In my case, you should be happy for getting at least 100+ points from the spin.I am so dissapointed about mine,can you imagine only 25 the most or sometimes 35,and that's it.that is so lame TL.Im mean the weel like had a magnet and when he stoped on one reword let's call it good one(gold chest) it wil jump on wooden chest and getting only 25 point,I mean really???I use to also getting last time 100,150 even over 200+ points,but 25???
so at the end there is nothing for me from these event,the last milestone is way far,and the only dragon I was playing for its Kung Fu(allready had the others),and I wont getin it because I have lousy 5540 points.

and yes,....I agree with you with everything you said,especialy about waiting for new features to release at the same time if thay planing doin it, for both platforms.

pernmagic
08-09-16, 02:36 AM
Just received Contender dragon , only one I didn't have ..... Sitting happily at 15 th no boosts used , rubbish spins a lot of the time .... So pleased its nearly finished ...... A long tedious ten days ....

Den8137259
08-09-16, 03:32 AM
Hey it's Rio Olympics here for the Type A listers, it's competitive! ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpaTRloUIAEAkVq.jpg

Kennedward
08-09-16, 06:53 AM
Wow, top 2 players in my group have over 24k right now, with 3rd place having 18k, 4th place is only 10k, and everyone below that are around 8500

insomniadreams88
08-09-16, 06:58 AM
At 8386 right now. Going to most likely have to spend at least 1 gold to move Infinity to the nest - actually thought I wouldn't have to until I realized the event ends at 1PM ET, not 1:30PM. Going to be cutting it close to get Contender though.

lenasdinner
08-09-16, 07:27 AM
well this time I will report the renkings in my group of ANDROIDS.witch is very "suprizing".

we all where exchanging places all the time,depends when we had to make points from den,nest and temple,arena.any way no one dident boost not even once in all 10 days,just today the 1st place so she can reach the last milestone,and she stoped at 8609.she speed something at the begining(nest,temple or something),and that made her first.the 2nd is on 6140 points.I'm on 3rd right now with 5697. and 4th is with 5553.(I was with 4th up and down all the time,from hour to hour). 5th 5465...from 6 to 13 place players has 5434- 5190 so these are very close.from 15-20 place are all little under 5000 points.

so my point is,like I said before,this event is impossible for androids to reach last milestone without spending any gold.
first grand prize depends on players,no need to reach a certain number of points to win it,someone can even win it with 1000 points or less.at the end, like that is easier to win the grand prize than the last milestone if you are in that kind of group of androids,... offcorse...

"So thank you very much TL!"

Kennedward
08-09-16, 07:44 AM
I still need around 200 points or so to get the last milestone prize, should be able to do so within the last hour or so